Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Dec 1, 2012 10:30 AM

Oct 2010
jose21 said:
I was kind of expecting something a bit better. I kind of feel this part was a bit more dramatic and interesting in the light novel.
That's because they way way over emphasized while in the LN YOUR BRAIN can set the emphasization itself whom may be far less than in the episode itself.

Overdoing stuff is always a anime industrial trademark due to it mass affection.

Hence I am sure in the LN it looked less drama than the episode.

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Dec 1, 2012 10:31 AM

Sep 2008
ehm...the hell?
i really want to puch in the face the one who tought this was a great idea for a clifthanger....this should have been over in like 5 minutes more

ssjokg said:

I hope they dont waste the entire ep to

i really hope so...
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Dec 1, 2012 11:08 AM

Jan 2008
Since I didn't have work today, went ahead and waited on CR for the release. The second the episode comes out, the entire episode page / server lag crashes from people flooding in... jesus.

Just gonna wait for the HS rip.
Dec 1, 2012 11:13 AM

Aug 2011
InfiniteDestiny said:
Worse than what i would initially guessed when reading the LN but better than i expected after seeing the anime till now, just saying that kinda depresses me but in any case it should be interesting to see how they pace the rest, really not looking forward to that hopefully they give it little screen time, sure anybody rather see more detail given to

I'm going to miss Sugou because he's my favourite NTRing villain.

I don't know how it works, I really dislike Leafa, but I like Sugu. I felt so bad for Sugu, all that crying. I know how she feels sigh.

All those Asuna flashbacks made me pretty sad too. To be honest, I thought he was going to pull off another resurrection there, but then I remembered the LN.

They really dragged this episode out. I wonder how they're going to do the last three.
Dec 1, 2012 11:16 AM

Jul 2012
Sucks for you, whore.
Dec 1, 2012 11:23 AM

Aug 2008
Oh and to answer ssjokg from something he asked me earlier (about if any episode stood out for me like that one episode of naruto did). I'd say if there was one episode that stood out for me, it would be this one (but who knows the last one could be a winner too).

So yeah so far pretty happy with ALO. I think it was a wise decision to ditch the Tonkii part and put more emphasis on these episodes.
Dec 1, 2012 11:24 AM
Mar 2010
Takuan_Soho said:

Yes, it would be anticlimactic, but after 22 episodes, why would you expect anything different? This is a team that cut out the entire climax of the first novel after all.

What the heck are you talking about? They didn't cut anything from the climax of the first novel.
Dec 1, 2012 11:25 AM

Jul 2012
GrayArchon said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Yes, it would be anticlimactic, but after 22 episodes, why would you expect anything different? This is a team that cut out the entire climax of the first novel after all.

What the heck are you talking about? They didn't cut anything from the climax of the first novel.

Here comes this episodes' flame war.
Dec 1, 2012 11:27 AM

Aug 2009
hyperknees91 said:
Oh and to answer ssjokg from something he asked me earlier (about if any episode stood out for me like that one episode of naruto did). I'd say if there was one episode that stood out for me, it would be this one (but who knows the last one could be a winner too).

So yeah so far pretty happy with ALO. I think it was a wise decision to ditch the Tonkii part and put more emphasis on these episodes.

wow.Even I had forgotten that question...It took me a while to remember that.
Dec 1, 2012 11:28 AM

Nov 2008
I loved the battle scene, for a moment I thought that he was going to make it, but dam!

Why did she have to find out this soon and that way? Where do they go from here?
Dec 1, 2012 11:32 AM

Dec 2011
They finally learned the inevitable truth!
Although, this episode barely moved the plot at all.

I guess Kirito will be back with the other races.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2012 11:32 AM

Aug 2008
ssjokg said:
hyperknees91 said:

wow.Even I had forgotten that question...It took me a while to remember that.

I remember all the unimportant things in life hah. But yeah I really hope they do the last episode well.
Dec 1, 2012 11:35 AM

Aug 2009
ClementIV said:
I loved the battle scene, for a moment I thought that he was going to make it, but dam!

Why did she have to find out this soon and that way? Where do they go from here?

It isnt that hard to figure out.Just think.What the is the most cliche thing that happens when two allies have to reinforce their bonds or are in a disagreement in a shounen show?

Fiji said:

Although, this episode barely moved the plot at all.

they took the key,Kirito saw that he cant make his way to Asuna,and Sugu,since this arc is more about her than Asuna,found out that Kirito is Kazuto.
Dec 1, 2012 11:39 AM

Dec 2009
Ah it's pretty crazy how Kirito does such a crazy thing when entire armies can't even do it. xD
Dec 1, 2012 11:40 AM

Jun 2012
ihateeveryone said:
GrayArchon said:
Takuan_Soho said:

Here comes this episodes' flame war.

Do you want to start a live documentation like in soccer?
All hail the Nutcracker Queen!
Dec 1, 2012 11:40 AM
Sep 2012
So Kirito smashed face first into that barrier Suguha kept telling him about. I didn't see that coming.
*Sarcasm*

Despite the beginning, I really liked this episode. I think it's the best one since the beginning. It had lots of action when Kirito went up into that tree and it was realistic in the sense that he couldn't just smash his way through like he had against previous enemies. Kirito died for the first time ever and actually needed to be rescued by Lyfa, who was finally figured out that Kirito is her brother.

Those scenes when she found out that Kirito is her brother and when she confessed her feelings for him were simply one of the best I've seen in SAO yet. Poor Suguha.

The quality of the action, drama, and excitement in this episode is what I've been missing since the beginning of SAO. I never expected SAO to be Code Geass or S;G, but I did hope for something close to it.
ihateeveryone said:
Sucks for you, whore.
Someone's jealous. lol

So why do you hate Suguha so much?
IconicDec 1, 2012 11:52 AM
Dec 1, 2012 11:46 AM

Jan 2008
Dammit, Sugu needs a hug. Like really bad.

Although I'm sure a majority of the people already know, I hope people don't misinterpret the non-sibling relationship, they're not brother and sisters but still cousins.

Can't really say much about the fight, rather it was expected. I never even read to this point of the novel.
Dec 1, 2012 11:48 AM

Dec 2009
Also they included a bit more introspective dialogue huh. O_o

And yeah poor Sugu. :( You still have your bitch stalker Recon.
Dec 1, 2012 11:50 AM

Aug 2009
NettoAzure said:

I dont think she is satisfied with that.
Dec 1, 2012 11:52 AM

Jul 2010
The truth hurts don't it? Suguha pretty much broke down in tears.

Kirito always trying to show off in battle. Doesn't always end well though.
Nov 2012
Imotowned

Dec 2009
ssjokg said:
NettoAzure said:

Yeah sadly so. :<
Although one should just cut their losses and take what is possible. D:

And oh jeez. You could see the exact moment where Sugu's heart breaks into tiny little pieces. :C

Oct 2012
NICE epic face lol i love it when he goes berserk mode or...insane mode while fighting he even put with a badass smile.

Sugu forever friendzone/family :(

The hug part after she saved him was...ehhh okay.

Sighhh another week of waiting. just 3 more episodes!
Dec 1, 2012 11:53 AM
Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
NettoAzure said:

Kirito should introduce her to Klein. That guy would certainly treat her right.
Dec 1, 2012 11:53 AM
Oct 2012
GrayArchon said:
Takuan_Soho said:

The climax of the novel was when Kirito looked at Heathcliff who has a pitying look on his face and suddenly thinks: "As if he was looking at a bunch of white mice playing in an inescapable cage". This begins the process of Kirito putting the pieces together to make the connection. The identification of Heathcliff as Kayaba is the most dramatic scene in the book, the point everything led up to, the point which defined everything that followed, and the animation completely skipped over this identification

In the animation all Heathcliff is doing is standing there with a neutral look on his face and without giving any explanation, Kirito recalls the fight they had 2 weeks (and 4 episodes) prior and leaps to the conclusion that Heathcliff is Kayaba. There was no trigger, no reason why Kirito would think then and not anytime prior to this point (not to mention that they had just fought for an hour, and he was exhausted, which is not the best time to try to have epiphanies), they just glossed over the entire scene with his abrupt leap (both figuratively and literally) of faith.

And it isn't like it would have taken much to provide the climatic trigger. Just Kirito mumbling "It's like we are mice to him" would have been enough. But there was no attempt even at this. It's like having the detective point to the villain and say: "it was you Colonel Mustard", without explaining that it occurred in the billiard room with the candlestick.
Dec 1, 2012 11:55 AM
Mar 2011
NettoAzure said:
Ah it's pretty crazy how Kirito does such a crazy thing when entire armies can't even do it. xD

hahaha that ability is only for shounen heroes lol

nice battle scene in this epi, sucks for the brocon-sis
im piqued for the next one
"....i am the villain in this story"
Dec 1, 2012 11:56 AM
May 2012
i couldn't stop laughing its was so bad i wanted to see that would happen and it was amazing lol shes so stupid not finding out that the person looked and had the same name has her "brother" overall it was a good episode only 3 left =(
Dec 1, 2012 11:57 AM

Aug 2009
AiCon said:
ssjokg said:
NettoAzure said:

And he would be quite happy.Thorzoned Klein..best and saddest moment he had in the LN.

Doesnt Kirito here, look like his first avatar in SAO?Except the hair.
Dec 1, 2012 11:58 AM

Dec 2009
EPIC EPISODE IS EPIC. CANNOT WAIT FOR NEXT EPISODE. OH GAWDDDD
Dec 1, 2012 11:59 AM

Aug 2009
pandoras_wrath said:
i couldn't stop laughing its was so bad i wanted to see that would happen and it was amazing lol shes so stupid not finding out that the person looked and had the same name has her "brother" overall it was a good episode only 3 left =(

Only we see that he is so similar and she doesnt know the name Kirito.How would she figure it out?
Dec 1, 2012 12:00 PM

Oct 2012
Nice episode, in your face Sugu!

A question to the LN readers, Kirito will find/see/talk to Asuna before the last episode?
Dec 1, 2012 12:01 PM

Aug 2009
katzer said:
Nice episode, in your face Sugu!

A question to the LN readers, Kirito will find/see/talk to Asuna before the last episode?
Yes.
Dec 1, 2012 12:02 PM
Oct 2012
amginex said:
NettoAzure said:

hahaha that ability is only for shounen heroes lol

nice battle scene in this epi, sucks for the brocon-sis
im piqued for the next one

This should be explained next episode. But if you can't wait:
Dec 1, 2012 12:02 PM

Jul 2012
Welp, that was pretty awesome.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Dec 1, 2012 12:04 PM

May 2011
AiCon said:
ssjokg said:
NettoAzure said:

Klein did ask that in ep 1 :P Bro should do a bro a favor
Dec 1, 2012 12:06 PM
Sep 2012
ssjokg said:

I guess. I haven't really been paying attention to what he wears since Kirito has been wearing basically the same thing since he first got that coat from the first level boss in SAO.

RockerXD said:
AiCon said:
ssjokg said:
NettoAzure said:

May be Kirito is afraid that the other girls in his harem would leave him if they found out that Klein is better. lol
Dec 1, 2012 12:08 PM

Sep 2012
Easily one of the better eps so far. Poor Sugu :(
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Dec 1, 2012 12:09 PM

Aug 2009
AiCon said:
RockerXD said:
AiCon said:
ssjokg said:
NettoAzure said:

May be Kirito is afraid that the other girls in his harem would leave him if they found out that Klein is better. lol
But kirito is better than Klein in vmmo and probably earns more money at his job than Kein does to treat them every freaking time.

Bitches just want money(and mmo?).
Dec 1, 2012 12:10 PM

Aug 2008

The climax of the novel was when Kirito looked at Heathcliff who has a pitying look on his face and suddenly thinks: "As if he was looking at a bunch of white mice playing in an inescapable cage". This begins the process of Kirito putting the pieces together to make the connection. The identification of Heathcliff as Kayaba is the most dramatic scene in the book, the point everything led up to, the point which defined everything that followed, and the animation completely skipped over this identification

In the animation all Heathcliff is doing is standing there with a neutral look on his face and without giving any explanation, Kirito recalls the fight they had 2 weeks (and 4 episodes) prior and leaps to the conclusion that Heathcliff is Kayaba. There was no trigger, no reason why Kirito would think then and not anytime prior to this point (not to mention that they had just fought for an hour, and he was exhausted, which is not the best time to try to have epiphanies), they just glossed over the entire scene with his abrupt leap (both figuratively and literally) of faith.

And it isn't like it would have taken much to provide the climatic trigger. Just Kirito mumbling "It's like we are mice to him" would have been enough. But there was no attempt even at this. It's like having the detective point to the villain and say: "it was you Colonel Mustard", without explaining that it occurred in the billiard room with the candlestick.

So Kirito having a random pretentious thought was the climax for you? Not the fight that decided the fate for everyone and was literally do or die (because if he didn't beat him here, they probably wouldn't have been able to beat the other 25 bosses).

To me that was the worst part of the LN, especially since the author established earlier that subtle facial expressions are hard to do in the game (hence why I think the animation is a bit more faithful to the rules here). You could assume that Kirito thought in the anime that Heathcliff looked far too calm and composed compared to everyone else.

The part of him surpassing the system was also pretty dumb, because both Kirito and Asuna did it beforehand...so what makes it so strange again? (Actually if Asuna was Kayabaya that would've been a rediculously good plot twist hah).
Dec 1, 2012 12:11 PM

Jul 2009
HOLY F**K.
Poor Suguha.. i mean she cannot replace Asuna but.. oh wells.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 1, 2012 12:11 PM

Aug 2009
AiCon said:
ssjokg said:

I guess. I haven't really been paying attention to what he wears since Kirito has been wearing basically the same thing since he first got that coat from the first level boss in SAO.
I mean before they were changed by Kayaba.The one he had from the beta.
ssjokgDec 1, 2012 12:14 PM
Dec 1, 2012 12:13 PM

Dec 2009
Episode 22 End Card:

Silver Crow and Black Lotus become a sword. LOL
Dec 1, 2012 12:13 PM

Sep 2012
Sugu learns the truth about kirito, me: *Yagami Laugh* this made my day!
Dec 1, 2012 12:14 PM
Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
AiCon said:
RockerXD said:
AiCon said:
ssjokg said:
NettoAzure said:

But kirito is better than Klein in vmmo and probably earns more money at his job than Kein does to treat them every freaking time.

Klein can hold his own in mmo and he probably has quite a bit of money saved up during his adventures with his guild.

Besides, Suguha isn't a bitch - she's a goddess:D
Dec 1, 2012 12:15 PM

Sep 2011
I didn't expect that this whole episode is all about... romance drama... What the fuck...?

Dec 1, 2012 12:16 PM

Sep 2008
If only Valve programmed ALO. The Tank in L4D is frighteningly good at predicting where you will be several seconds later and also includes compensation for the travel time of ranged projectiles.

Poor programming saved Lyfa.

Finally, the brownstorm that I've been waiting for weeks.
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Dec 1, 2012 12:18 PM

Aug 2009
AiCon said:
ssjokg said:
AiCon said:
RockerXD said:
AiCon said:
ssjokg said:
NettoAzure said:

Klein can hold his own in mmo and he probably has quite a bit of money saved up during his adventures with his guild.

Besides, Suguha isn't a bitch - she's a goddess:D

True but they are already ""fascinated" by Kirito.Real Life money from their real jobs.I wasnt specific before.Although you cant call Kirito's job "IRL one".
Dec 1, 2012 12:23 PM

Jul 2010
Wow, so half the episode was dramatic fail, and the other half was inappropriate love between not-so-siblings. Too funny. I was actually hoping that this would be a good episode. :|

Jun 2012
Aw shiiiiiiit! We all knew this had to happen sooner or later. Before that though, really glad to see Kirito being brought back to Earth in regards to his OPness ever since the the beginning of the series. He's always been able to overcome trials thrown at him so it makes sense why he think he'd be able to get Asuna alone. The fight scene though I must say was well done.

When Kirito told Leafa he was searching for Asuna and Sugu was able to piece everything together I was like " Here we go". The fuse that has slowly been going down finally exploded and Sugu realizes she's had no chance from the beginning. I do feel bad for her though, she's just a high school girl in love who can't get what she truly wants. When Kirito and Sugu were talking in the hallway, I was laughing at how he was like "WTF?" when she confessed her love pretty much.

So when Kirito distanced himself from Sugu when he was little did he do it so he wouldn't get feelings for her?

Nov 2009
Had an '......OMG' moment as soon as Kirito mentioned Asuna in front of Sugu. Spent about a month and a half waiting for that. xD

Great ep!
curiouser and curiouser :)
Pages (14) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :)

Rinrinka - Yesterday

48 by holo-simp »»
44 minutes ago

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Yesterday

55 by hi777 »»
Yesterday, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

734 by Lionwing »»
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.