Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]
Dec 1, 2012 6:49 AM

Nov 2011
Just read the spoiler in Nae's profile, WTF O_O!?

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 1, 2012 7:01 AM

May 2010
Jaxa has ulterior motive that for sure, why kidnap Kona if they didnt and why would go the alway up a tower during a storm? that just stupid.
Dec 1, 2012 2:11 PM

Sep 2011
Zee530 said:

What about it? The Robotics; Note spoiler doesn't say anything really; which got told already in this episode. The Steins;gate one is purely Visual Novel not the series.
Dec 1, 2012 6:44 PM

Apr 2011
Dec 2, 2012 12:38 AM
Community Admin
sunny moment

May 2010
An okay episode, had some progression made. Though I must say that I also felt Kai was a bit dumb pressing the button before the storm passed.

Nae's introduction is nice, and her personality gets fairly well defined this episode. The reference to S;G is nice, but in the end it doesn't really mean much for the story. Since in this world line Nae is just another character we've never seen and is not a

as much as I had suspected from the ending of last episode.

Oh well, still a pretty good episode
Dec 2, 2012 12:47 AM
Aug 2011
Aki-chans "Gendo Pose" was win.

Kai's falling + slow motion scene was nerve wrecking.

5/5 - Still so good
Dec 2, 2012 4:50 AM

Aug 2011
This show is just getting better and better.

Great episode overall, touching and nerve wrecking at the same time. Looking forward to the next week's episode already, as it always has been since the show started!
Dec 2, 2012 6:27 AM

Nov 2011
Tyrel said:
Zee530 said:

What about it? The Robotics; Note spoiler doesn't say anything really; which got told already in this episode. The Steins;gate one is purely Visual Novel not the series.

The S;G one but it was still shocking, had to read a couple of times before it sank in.

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Dec 2, 2012 11:31 AM

Nov 2007
Wow! This anime keeps on building on for a stage that could become an amazing standoff for what could lay the platform for one of the anime of the year.

I am already loving the way, bit by bit, drama is added, the characters are revealed and developed and more and more dark theme being brought out to light. We are talking about billions of people's lives at stake here if the Committee of 300's plan come to be realized.

As for the episode, unlike some of you, I actually enjoyed the way the tension from last episode was splashed all over the place, and instead the Committee of 300 was brought up in the second half of the episode.

5/5 for Akiho refusing JAXA's help and of course the Grand Gendo Pose.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Dec 2, 2012 6:07 PM

Feb 2012
If Kai died, the creation speed of the robot wouldn't have changed since AKiho does almost everything.
Dec 2, 2012 8:24 PM

Jun 2012
tempfilew said:
If Kai died, the creation speed of the robot wouldn't have changed since AKiho does almost everything.

They will be without an ace pilot...which is probably the end of the world as we know it :/
Dec 3, 2012 2:30 PM

Nov 2010
Kai was getting trolled by a GQ test
Dec 3, 2012 3:27 PM

Jul 2010
Well, that was tense! Pretty reckless of him to go climb a radar tower in a typhoon. Good thing Akiho came to the rescue!

I wonder if the relationship between Kai and Akiho will ever change...

Dec 3, 2012 6:01 PM

Jan 2012
it would have been beneficial if he knows how to trigger that slow-mo illness on his own will. cool crossover with Nae, looking forward to see more of this on, not only R;N, but also in other anime.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Dec 4, 2012 2:08 AM

Jun 2008
NoobHunterD said:
cool crossover with Nae,

Not a cross over. It's been said many times R;N is still a sequel to S;G for a couple of reasons.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Dec 4, 2012 7:37 AM
Jul 2012
I like all the refernces to the steins gate/choas head vns show up in this episode.

1) The council of 300 plays in important role in both games/animes as they basically funded both evil organizations.
2) Kogaome Kogomae (sp ?) : In the choas head vn, the song was also used for certain purposes by the villians.
3) Nae- Its kinda interesting to see her cheery self here, compared to her pshyopathic /rounder self from steins gate.
4) Its interesting to note that Koujima died in 2010, coincidence , I think not
Dec 4, 2012 8:20 PM

Dec 2012
I like this show, but it's probably unfair to compare it to Steins;Gate. By this point in SG, I was thoroughly invested in the show and was eagerly anticipating every single episode. But for this show, I don't know, it just feels all over the place.

SG spent the "slow" parts at the beginning fleshing out the characters, but it was purely focused on the experiments and how that would lead to the events soon to come. With RN, it's certainly fleshing out the characters, almost all of which I really enjoy in their own ways, but the story seems like it's not sure what it wants to focus on. The sun exploding? Building a huge robot? Conspiracies? Going to the Expo? I'm sure they'll all lead somewhere, but I'm just nowhere near as excited about this show as I was with SG this many episodes into it.

RN is cute, and it's one of the more entertaining series of this current season, but I really thought I'd be loving it by now, and I'm really not. It's good, but far, far from great. Maybe, just maybe if a "big twist" appears, like in SG, maybe THEN I'll love it, but until then, not quite.
Dec 7, 2012 4:28 PM
Aug 2010
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
We meet Nae and a Typhoon hits.
Dec 8, 2012 1:31 AM

Sep 2010
Dec 9, 2012 5:50 PM

Jan 2012
kai's spasm is kinda cool, but i think if it happens unconsciously, it will be irritating a lot...

report no 2 has been found... as always the contents are too hard for me to understand lol
Dec 10, 2012 5:43 PM

May 2011
Aww yeah, that scene with Aki rescuing Kai was just so nice and touching to watch. I sure wouldn't mind seeing more alone moments like that tbh. And finallyyyy, I've been waiting for Kai to tell Aki about Airi and the plans (or well I think he told her), now he doesn't have to go through this alone.

Nae's voice is just too cute.
Dec 13, 2012 5:59 AM

Apr 2009
With Nae having an actual speaking role in this anime, a more overt connection between this and Steins;Gate has been made. Much more so than the tenuous connection between Chaos;Head and either show. I don't expect any plot connections, though. No wonder I didn't recognize Nae right away. Her eye color is much more defined in this anime's art style than it was for huke's S;G art.

Nice that someone else other than Kaito and Misaki now knows Airi. And that mode switch sound Airi makes. HNNNNGH
Feb 18, 2013 10:34 PM

Jun 2008
Ugh....why does the Main character have to be so unlikable?
Mar 10, 2013 6:04 AM

Dec 2010
Awesome episode, I didn't like just the first part, I guess the Akiho's father is to blame, but still this kidnapping sucked really much :D But then everything else was great, especially the Dome part.

I love how S;G, and R;N aren't afraid at all to show organizations like NASA and CERN may very well turn to be the most evil guys in the world.
Mar 14, 2013 11:38 AM

Jan 2013
good ;)
May 18, 2013 5:30 AM

May 2012
They got offered resources to build a life sized robot but they refused it, well in a way I can understand their decision! Now the story also goes more onto finding the 7 reports. So lets see what happens next!
Jun 8, 2013 7:44 PM

Jun 2012
This is some illuminati shit right here.
Sep 26, 2013 5:59 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

It almost seemed out of place in the context Nae, but figured it was a hoax its proposal, however, is that the first part was fun. The plot was not too bad all things considered, these little twists make me appreciate the series. It is not too obvious a thing to the end. Good design and animation. The plot goes on, as the knowledge about people with Airi, I like! I want to give a little point for these little things!
Jul 31, 2014 4:33 AM

Apr 2014
So, we find out about the evil organization!

Just like CERN and the Church of the Divine Light.
Aug 31, 2014 11:13 AM

Sep 2011
LOL god he was so lucky his slomo kicked in when it did.
Oct 13, 2014 5:15 AM

Apr 2013
is anything ever gonna happen? at least the Kimijima reports are getting interesting, though tbh I thought of Okabe's fictional organization when I heard the second report.
Aug 4, 2015 9:34 PM
Dec 2011
oh god when i saw a girl with black glasses and men in black came last episode i remembered what happen in s.g when that girl with glasses shot mayuri but thank god it was just JAXA aki's father's work place people !

anyway i like the jaxa girl she is like a grown up version of aki...... also kai finding out about 2nd report was awesome (he should have waited till the storm past to clear the conditions that idiot!) . we see a bit of AIRI'S world which was so cool ...! by the way i think girls in this anime are super cute and not annoying at all which 10/10 in my book!

so NASA was forced by a organization tooo!! this is getting interesting and we see aki working hard on the ROBOT. now it make sense why KIMIJIMA made that melody because he found out the organization is using it as a symbol :3

did kimijima use his melody as a bait to lure the organization ?? we will find out soon thanks to kai! also i freaked out when kai fell thank god his attack slow motion came it gave him just enough time to escape death.

its ironic kai had a help " painful as death to escape from death" :3
Jul 15, 2016 6:10 PM

Nov 2015

NAE! NAE NAE NAE NAE NAE!! Wow, they grow up so fast =D

So, this Committee is like The Organization from Steins;Gate? and so, from Chaos;Head? I've only watched S;G so all these links are firing up my hype in a good way :D

I liked the episode, but it felt a lttle bit fast-paced (mostly the scenes with Airi looking for help)

By the way, I don't dislike Kai. Yes, he's kind of selfish, but here we can see how he can help others too when he went to shut down the dishes thinking about Airis emotions saying that she is just an AI and that... I think his character development will turn around that, helping others.
HumbertoZeroJul 15, 2016 6:33 PM
Oct 27, 2016 3:24 AM

Jan 2016
So the tune Kai was hearing last episode means that the Committee of 300 is doing an experiment? This means that the PhoneDroid stuff has to do with them... and if the tune is the same as in Chaos;Head (at the traffic lights) it makes so much more sense now, as the Committee are behind NOZOMI as well as SERN.
Dec 8, 2016 12:53 AM

Sep 2013
I kinda feel like the storyline is spiraling out of control. I saw Steins;Gate, but it's been awhile and I don't remember all the finer plot points. It seems like I need a better understanding of what happened in that series to understand this one.

So, there's an uber-secret organization called the 300 club or something that wants to reduce the population of earth to 1billion people or something? Someone has left a trail of clues, in the form of reports, that tell about this group's plans and the only way to find the clues is through an AI ghost program that randomly showed up on some kid's portable gaming device (or phone or whatever)?

I thought this show was about a bunch of teenagers building a robot to fight other robots. What the Hell is going on???

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Jan 20, 2017 10:01 AM

Jan 2013
All these things he needs to do feel like quests like in an MMO.
Also how very convenient to have a spasm the moment he's in danger.

Damn, the more we find out the more I'm intrigued by all of it, maybe not as good as S;G but damn it's entertaining.
Nov 5, 2017 7:24 PM
Mar 2017
Pose Gendo, is this a evangelion reference? xD.
The question isn't "What anime do you like?" That is merely a list.
The question is "Why do you like it?" That tells a story. Your story.
Jun 1, 2020 12:44 PM

Jun 2015
So they basically sent a dozen of burly men in suits to kidnap a few children to make a business deal with them?
Pages (2) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

266 by Rinkitori31 »»
Apr 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Mar 21, 2013

339 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jan 22, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

216 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

156 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 4:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.