Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 29, 2012 8:40 AM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

I liked the latest episode as Airi begins with her little talk.

I also liked Nae making her appearance from Steins;Gate. Finally! Her drawings were kinda funny. It wasn't that bad but still was still funny. I like her enthusiasm this episode as well. I like that energetic personality of her's.

The scene when Kaito was falling was strange to watch. It happens in slow motion yet he falls head first. I found Kaito and Akiho's talk during the rain emotional but overall well executed.
Stark700Nov 29, 2012 10:40 PM
Nov 29, 2012 9:32 AM

Nov 2007
Even that creepy girl got caught, too. An offer from the space team (JAXA) to make robot (and recommended by the optimistic girl's father?)? And she refused?

Kimishima Reports has 7? That was dangerous during the typhoon. Now the girl knows about the AI.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 29, 2012 1:29 PM

Aug 2011
Weird to see Nae compared to S;G, still cool though.

Anyways, would like to see them make some more ROBAWTOS soon.
GUNVARRELLL STIIKKEEE
Nov 29, 2012 1:43 PM

Nov 2011
Haven't seen the episode yet but I figured this was the best place to drop this video. Robotics;Notes IRL:

Nov 29, 2012 8:18 PM

Jul 2010
Damn, Kai on one side sure is lucky to have this syndrome.If not it's symptoms and Aki he would have really died.Im glad that he wanted to help Airi though.Hes always like ''NO!'' or ''win with me in Kill Ballad'', which kinda annoyed me.Glad to see his good points as well.
Nae! finally! you still so cute! + ''She gathered and build and research! i love people like that!'' - yes, we know :D
The Committee of 300 huh.Now im interested.

5/5 as always.
Nov 29, 2012 8:38 PM

Mar 2008
Can't get my head around the new Nae. And she says she likes people who gather people to build and research, not unlike a certain mad scientist, might I add! My brain is confuzzled. Interesting ep nonetheless.
Nov 29, 2012 8:42 PM

Oct 2008
So, this organization is supposed to be the same one as CERN from S;G or totally unrelated?
Nov 29, 2012 8:45 PM
Oct 2010
Posse said:
So, this organization is supposed to be the same one as CERN from S;G or totally unrelated?

seems similar

gendo pose lol

kinda weak what they were kidnapped for. was expecting more badass report #2 imo
Dont bother replying to my posts in forums, dont check them afterwards.

Nov 29, 2012 9:08 PM

Aug 2009
I swear, Kai and Aki need to kiss by the end of this show T____T <3 OTP
Nov 29, 2012 9:12 PM
Nov 2012
ugh. This episode was ok, but disappointing. I was expecting Nae's kidnapping to be more serious than it turned out, I didn't really like her being so similar to Aki, and though I can't really complain, I wanted Nae to flash to the Steins;Gate people at some point. That would have been awesome.

The kou files were the backbone of the conspiracy in the show, and the way that they were dealt with really deflated the intensity of the mystery. Not only was the unlocking method needlessly silly, but the payoff wasn't even that great.

Kai STILL going on about kill-ballad was a letdown as well, I need that guy to start doing some work.

Finally, Aki meeting and getting to know Airi off screen was also disappointing, as that would have been great to watch.

The rest was fair, but this episode has for the first time made me seriously doubt whether the plot is going to end up anywhere significant. I mean, by this same episode Steins;Gate had already gotten over it's infamous slow start, and we knew from the beginning that something big was going on. This show? I feel like whatever is going on is going to be a bit silly atm...
Nov 29, 2012 9:29 PM
Sep 2012
Last week, when the Nae showed up with the black vans I thought that it would be something sinister and evil like CERN in S;G. I was so disappointed when it turned out to be completely opposite. Who would've expected the quiet little girl would become a psychopath to be so happy and energetic like Aki. At least Nae is cute like Aki.

I wish they didn't rush some of the things in this episode since they're some pretty big things, but I also understand that they didn't want to drag down the show and have people complain about like in S;G.

Overall, I liked this episode. 4/5
Stark700 said:

I also liked Nae making her appearance from Steins;Gate. Finally! Her drawings were kinda funny. It wasn't that bad but still was still funny. I like her enthusiasm this episode as well. I like that energetic personality of her's.
Really? I thought that she was kinda cute with her energetic spirit. She's so much like Aki.
IconicNov 29, 2012 11:02 PM
Nov 29, 2012 9:38 PM

Aug 2008
Am I the only one who find Nae really stiff as a character? :O

I really love this episode! I was waiting for a second slow motion reaction from Kai (Aww, I'm so mean)! It didn't disappoint me! The animation to highlight that scene was really well done! :)
Nov 29, 2012 9:48 PM
Sep 2012
Kurini said:
Am I the only one who find Nae really stiff as a character? :O
This is only her first episode and she wasn't in it for much of the episode. I'd say that Aki started out the same way too.
Nov 29, 2012 10:01 PM
Oct 2011
Totally expected Kagome Kagome to play again at the end of the episode when his Pokecom changed.
Nov 29, 2012 10:13 PM

Jan 2011
Sheapy said:
Totally expected Kagome Kagome to play again at the end of the episode when his Pokecom changed.
This but i was also glad that it didn't at the same time
Nov 29, 2012 10:24 PM

Feb 2012
The plot thickens.

Boy I wish I had that syndrome Kai has. It's such major hax :P

As for the Nae chick, I like her. She's a less energetic version of Aki which is cool.

Also her MAL page says she's the same Nae from S:G?! Interesting if true. I'm all for crossovers.
Nov 29, 2012 10:35 PM

Oct 2011
Yvese said:
Also her MAL page says she's the same Nae from S:G?! Interesting if true. I'm all for crossovers.

This. I'm also curious about that. From the spoilers I've heard about, the Nae in S;G was nothing like the one in R;N. However, seeing how R;N, S;G, and C;H are all in the same setting, a crossover is entirely possible.

Nov 29, 2012 10:43 PM
Sep 2012
dashiawia said:
Yvese said:

This. I'm also curious about that. From the spoilers I've heard about, the Nae in S;G was nothing like the one in R;N. However, seeing how R;N, S;G, and C;H are all in the same setting, a crossover is entirely possible.
Nae was a quiet little girl in S;G
Nov 29, 2012 11:13 PM
Aug 2012
They did a good job of making the S;G character completely annoying as all hell.

The whole kidnapping process was uber realistic too, pull up in suits and vans, when you could of just peacefully asked for a meeting.

Kai is inconsistent as all hell, at some moments he is fine with helping, other moments he 180's to his "beat me at Kill-ballad" attitude. On top of this, we get plot induced stupidity, he could of waited for the storm to pass, but no, he has to make a scene by making shitty decisions.

This show is failing to show any signs of something that will get good outside of it's plot.

I can't stand the characters for the life of me.
Nov 29, 2012 11:23 PM

Jun 2011
Energetic Nae-chan is kinda cute, but I still prefer her alternative yandere self. >:3

Posse said:

SERN is a mere lapdog for the Committee.
KansokushaNov 29, 2012 11:34 PM
Nov 29, 2012 11:29 PM

Jul 2012
Dessiato said:

Kai is inconsistent as all hell, at some moments he is fine with helping, other moments he 180's to his "beat me at Kill-ballad" attitude. On top of this, we get plot induced stupidity, he could of waited for the storm to pass, but no, he has to make a scene by making shitty decisions.

He's like a male tsundere almost lol. But seriously, he had to press the button because it said the button had to be pressed after 1 hour, and the dish could have very easily broken in the storm which would have caused the flag to become inaccessible.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Nov 29, 2012 11:31 PM

Jul 2012
Aw, and here I thought it was about to get really series :/ Ah well, pretty good non the less. Interesting plot development at the end too.

Anyone else hoping they'll do crossovers with characters other than Nae as well? It would be awesome to see Okabe or Kurisu!

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Nov 30, 2012 12:01 AM

May 2012
This episode could've used more Frau, but other than that really interesting!
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Nov 30, 2012 12:03 AM

Jun 2008
QuiGonJon said:
Anyone else hoping they'll do crossovers with characters other than Nae as well? It would be awesome to see Okabe or Kurisu!

As one who knows how the story went. Specifically Okabe and Kurisu will not show up.
Don't let it be another Seed Destiny. lol

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 30, 2012 12:13 AM

Jun 2011
kaimax said:
As one who knows how the story went. Specifically Okabe and Kurisu will not show up.

Define "show up" please. :3
And Shit Destiny can gtfo.
Nov 30, 2012 12:51 AM

Jun 2008
Kansokusha said:
kaimax said:

Define "show up" please. :3
And Shit Destiny can gtfo.

In other words, they don't have anything to do with Robotics;Notes. I'm saying there will be other "recurring" characters but not specifically them.

About the Seed destiny thing, I'm just worried that people will ask Okabe-okabe, and then forgeting who's the main characters.. lol same thing with Shin and Kira.

Dessiato said:
They did a good job of making the S;G character completely annoying as all hell.

You forgot about the one girl she always hangs out with. Tuturu~~~

Nov 30, 2012 1:29 AM

Jan 2009
not that exciting of an episode but still good none the less
Nov 30, 2012 1:43 AM

Jun 2011
kaimax said:
In other words, they don't have anything to do with Robotics;Notes. I'm saying there will be other "recurring" characters but not specifically them.

Nothing to do with R;N? But Okabe was the one who delivered the world to this worldline rite? >:D And

kaimax said:
About the Seed destiny thing, I'm just worried that people will ask Okabe-okabe, and then forgeting who's the main characters.. lol same thing with Shin and Kira.

Yes. R;N should be watched as a standalone title. It's good to know sum references tho.

Dessiato said:

Nae is annoying u said? Prepare to face the iron fist of Mr. Braun, or the knife of Nae-chan herself. ";..;"
Nov 30, 2012 2:18 AM

Sep 2011
That report was kind of a let down, why would you do all that crap if you knew the sun was gonna explode? Lol

but then again I didn't watch sines gate so I really don't know how these guys tell story's. I'm assuming theirs gonna be a massive twist or something like that coming soon regarding the reports :-\
Nov 30, 2012 3:23 AM

Jun 2008
Kansokusha said:
kaimax said:

Nothing to do with R;N? But Okabe was the one who delivered the world to this worldline rite? >:D l

OH YOU.jpg... ROFL XD

Bonus (If people can read Japanese): http://mitosy.blog94.fc2.com/blog-entry-211.html
a conversation between "Neidhart" "DaSH" and "Kurikame"
kaimaxNov 30, 2012 3:29 AM

Nov 30, 2012 4:01 AM

Jun 2012
Hm Kai's investigation on Kimijima Kou this episode was the focus this episode. Kai almost dies trying to help the AI with what she needs but luckily his slow motion from the accident when he was a kid kicks in. That sure is one useful ability though it hurts him a lot. I really liked the contrast from Airi's point of view when she's only seeing the antenna with the calm weather since her world doesn't render rain. It juxtaposed very nicely with Kai's point of view.

Nae's kidnapping from the last episode was shown misleading but still good nonetheless. At least Aki sticks to her guns and which I really like about her. Slow build up as usual on R;N, fingers crossed that the payoff is big.
HybridMBLNov 30, 2012 5:00 AM
Nov 30, 2012 4:38 AM

Jan 2012
AWesome! The second report looks like Hououin Kyouma made it personally =)
Nov 30, 2012 4:41 AM

Jul 2012
I really love the serious tone it has, should focus much more on that. The whole Genki-time we build a robot isn't that interesting.
I am falling, I am fading, I am drowning, help me to breathe.
Nov 30, 2012 5:58 AM

Sep 2012
Even so, I'm still scared of Nae. That girl still have the potential to become psychotic.
Nov 30, 2012 6:00 AM

Mar 2008
This show needs more pain and suffering. And more Aki-chan. Aki-chan is never enough.
As for the episode itself, there was some good moments but overall still way below of my expectations.
EndymionNov 30, 2012 6:26 AM
Nov 30, 2012 6:29 AM

Sep 2009
LOL, we have two hyper girls now. I don't think I would be able to keep up so I wonder how lazy Kai will be able to. Oh wait, he will most likely be "No, play me in Kill Ballad first," or "I don't want to." Something along those lines I guess.

Yea, that typhoon part was real smart. Think more before taking action Kai, jeez.

Nov 30, 2012 6:39 AM

Mar 2008
BTW typhoon or not, protecting whatever-that-thing-is was a right choice. However he could bring some stick or something so he can reach that button easier. Also it was SO obvious that he is going to fall, it was possible to make predictions like "1 min till he falls!"
Nov 30, 2012 7:59 AM
Jul 2012
Lol, kai is fucking stupid. But, I have a feeling this is setting up something big
Nov 30, 2012 11:10 AM

Jan 2011
Last episodes cliffhanger made me really exited, but what a disappointment. As always, the last part made up for it though, I want to see the story progress already.
Nae seems like a really nice girl, but I do really think that she has something up her sleeve.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 30, 2012 11:30 AM

Jul 2012
Whatever inconsistencies there are, I still enjoy the revelation of the plot and I like how it's done.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 30, 2012 12:00 PM

Jun 2011
The first half of the episode was disappointing, however the second half very enjoyable. Will be interesting to see how the plot unfolds, you can feel the tension slowly building up.
Nov 30, 2012 12:49 PM

May 2011
This was quite disappointing. After the cliffhanger in the last episode, we get.... silly Nae? Definitely didn't expect her to be like that at all; but I've heard that R;N is much lighter than the previous two titles, so I guess I should've seen it coming.

Kai's scenes were quite good, though. Airi continues being cute as ever. c:
Nov 30, 2012 1:31 PM

Aug 2009
What a disappointing episode... I had hoped this series would improve and truly show its potential after the fifth episode, but that definitely didn't happen.
Nov 30, 2012 1:44 PM

Aug 2011
This episode was great. Kagome-Kagome is a really nice, but creepy song.

I think that "Beat me on Kill-Ballad" is an instinctive thing for Kai to say, like for me it's "I'm hungry/I'm sleepy." Not really complaining, since I know that he really cares about Aki.

That last scene with them was so cute askfjakfa Aki x Kai ftw.
Nov 30, 2012 1:48 PM

Nov 2011
The flags were pretty weird

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Nov 30, 2012 2:48 PM

Dec 2011
Just like a game... those flags are so troublesome.
The second report kinda deviated a little from the first one.

This is just like collecting the seven Dragon Balls. Ahahaha.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2012 3:08 PM
Aug 2012
QuiGonJon said:
Dessiato said:

He's like a male tsundere almost lol. But seriously, he had to press the button because it said the button had to be pressed after 1 hour, and the dish could have very easily broken in the storm which would have caused the flag to become inaccessible.

Everyone on the island knew the storm was coming, he shouldn't of done the first press in the first place, that is plot induced stupidity.
Nov 30, 2012 3:36 PM

Jul 2011
I thought Kai was stupid for not waiting until the weather cleared up to trigger the flag...

Okay episode.
Nov 30, 2012 3:38 PM

Feb 2010
The JAXA moe girl was disappointing, but the rest of the episode was decently interesting again. I finally want to see what exactly happened on the SS Anemone in a detailed flashback.
I probably regret this post by now.
Nov 30, 2012 4:02 PM

Mar 2008
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
The JAXA moe girl was disappointing, but the rest of the episode was decently interesting again. I finally want to see what exactly happened on the SS Anemone in a detailed flashback.

I doubt there will be flashback as affected people was unconscious. On the other hand somehow they should figure out what happened. Maybe after Kai will find some more reports... But most likely it was just an scientific(?) experiment. At least this is what 2nd report suggests.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

266 by Rinkitori31 »»
Apr 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Mar 21, 2013

339 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jan 22, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

216 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

156 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 4:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.