Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 29, 2012 7:32 AM

Feb 2009
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
I would have fired Sloth straight away with how slow he was working.
Though a freaking PH.D? Wow.
Sasako looks pretty in casuals. More please.
Though she's pretty plain, that's one of the good things about her really. Handa still doesn't deserve her. And a freaking pebble as a gift? Lame.
Good episode still.

I lol'd at the preview. I agree, where is she when she says "Enjoy"?
Nov 29, 2012 8:52 AM

Jan 2012
The part with sloth was funny.
I love how Panda twists people's words to fit his own agenda. xD

Sasako looks really pretty, even more than usual this episode.
The pebble thing made go wtf though. I thought he would at least make make a bracelet/necklace with pebbles.
Nov 29, 2012 9:04 AM

Jun 2012
Things that stuck out in this episode

Sloth graduating from college: LOL
Sloth getting a job: LOL
Animals trying to wear human accessories: LMFAO
Shirokuma failing at spying: LMFAO
Handa and Sasako: Dawww

Man it's been a while since there has been a Handa/Sasako episode. Hope there's resolution to that by the end of this series.

Next week a Grizzly episode!? Can I get a Hell yeah!?
Nov 29, 2012 11:20 AM

Dec 2009
I thought the pebble showed something very important about Handa. He already had a jar full of them in his room but yet he still went out in the night to find one special for Sasako. Of course she'll never know but for Handa it makes all the difference that he worked for it. They better end up with each other by the end of the show or I'm gonna be disappointed.
Ara ara.
Nov 29, 2012 11:45 AM
Oct 2012
This show is pretty amazing. 35 episodes and it is still enjoyable to watch all while just telling simple, pleasant stories with simple characters that somehow still manage to never grow stale. That takes great talent.

The pebble was a perfect fit for both Handa and Sawako. Neither of them are really materialistic, and both enjoy the simple natural things in life (Sawako drinking five cups of kelp tea is in perfect keeping with her character). That they bonded over potatoes of all things was also perfect.

My guess is somewhere towards the ending the animals, probably with Panda in the led (sort of the reverse of how he extracted Penguin from his harem), will somehow break the ice between the two.
But no rush, no rush, we still have 15 more episodes.
Nov 29, 2012 12:54 PM

Mar 2012
It was nice of Polar Bear to let Sloth keep working - I'll bet he knew Sloth had a good reason for wanting to work. At least Sloth was trying his best unlike Panda.

When Handa gave her the pebble I couldn't help but think of the male antarctic penguins who search for the perfect pebble to give to their mate.
I'm sure Sasako would prefer something practical and simple over something extravagant. She doesn't need "stuff" to make her happy and she knows how to appreciate life.
A good author leaves the audience enough material to be satisfied with, yet yearning for more.
Nov 29, 2012 4:22 PM

Jul 2011
Daww. Handa and Sasako are so cute.

xxxATiON said:

When Handa gave her the pebble I couldn't help but think of the male antarctic penguins who search for the perfect pebble to give to their mate.
I'm sure Sasako would prefer something practical and simple over something extravagant. She doesn't need "stuff" to make her happy and she knows how to appreciate life.
Nov 30, 2012 5:52 PM

Mar 2011

Sloth is so cute when he blush xD

I'm rooting out for more Sasako x Handa ♥
Dec 1, 2012 8:10 AM

May 2011
With Sloth's PhD I feel so lazy. I want to know how long it took him to complete any assignments, that and I want to see him dance! Or maybe I should consider it like Panda, lol. I always thought that stuff growing on sloths was kind of gross but cool. xD; So sweet that he wanted to do something for Sasako. <3

And haha, I like poking real pillbugs, so cute when they curl up. XD; And high approval for potato love!
Jan 9, 2013 2:36 PM

Jul 2012
Lamando!!
Jun 15, 2013 2:22 PM

Mar 2010
Way to go Handa

Behold of my awesomeness~
controversial and/or sensitive topics likely devolve into the same repetitive, derogatory, abusive, and harassing comments can no longer be posted.
But my feels.
Mar 18, 2014 9:20 PM

Feb 2012
I love Sloth. Hardest I've ever laughed in forever.
Dec 10, 2014 7:37 AM

May 2012
Great episode, really nice ending as well! Let's see what's next.
Nov 30, 2017 5:31 PM

Jul 2009
Dang, Sloth sure has an impressive history O_O It was so nice how he wanted to do something nice for Sasako after all he help that she'd given him. The second part was pretty funny, I loved how all their "plans" failed haha. A potato lover too, Sasako's after my own heart :') That stone was really pretty though! Guess Handa had some pretty good instincts eh? :P Lol the preview, WHERE ARE YOU SASAKO?! XD Looks like next episode is Grizzly-centric too, I'm excited :D
Feb 12, 2018 12:55 AM

Feb 2017
Sasako and Sloth OTP.
Sep 5, 2022 4:53 AM
Aug 2021
Sasako supremacy. Sloth is nice too.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 10 Discussion

greenmush - Jun 7, 2012

27 by tingy »»
Mar 5, 10:16 PM

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 50 Discussion

HybridMBL - Mar 28, 2013

45 by nelcalb »»
Oct 27, 2023 3:21 PM

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 7 Discussion

Eudaimonia - May 17, 2012

29 by tingy »»
Sep 27, 2023 4:47 PM

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 5 Discussion

deex - May 3, 2012

29 by tingy »»
Sep 25, 2023 4:31 PM

Poll: » Shirokuma Cafe Episode 4 Discussion

gohdan - Jun 9, 2012

45 by tingy »»
Sep 24, 2023 12:42 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.