New
Sep 22, 2007 9:28 PM

May 2007
Topic says it all...

Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Sep 22, 2007 10:29 PM

Aug 2007
i feel that its the worst anime ever....
Sep 23, 2007 11:59 AM

May 2007
Good to hear....and I see that you're a big Elfen Lied fan. I agree with you fully there!

Sep 23, 2007 2:20 PM
Aug 2007
I couldn't even watch one episode. I just knew it sucked. . . to me, at least.

The previews were horrid enough. *grimaces*
hellishsymphonySep 23, 2007 2:27 PM
Sep 27, 2007 11:32 AM

Sep 2007
Well, I really like One Piece. So I guess I can't join this club. I think if you would of gave it more of chance you might of liked it.
Sep 27, 2007 3:51 PM

May 2007
Well I would have to disagree with you there Padron...There is nothing I see in this anime that holds the least bit of interest for me. Aside from that, there are 325 EPISODES OF IT!! Just a little too long.....I have also come to the conclusion that it was created for 5 year olds.

But thanks for your comment - posts are always welcome.

Sep 30, 2007 4:38 PM

Sep 2007
My (radical) feelings about One Piece.

FUNimation or 4Kids... One Piece still sucks. Fact.
Vic Mignogna's singing or terrible rap song... One Piece still sucks. Fact.
One Piece took away my eyes and ears. Fact.
One Piece is one piece of crap. Fact.
I obviously totally hate One Piece. Fact.
Sep 30, 2007 5:08 PM

Jul 2007
lawl!!! One Piece is one piece of crap! I like that one. Good quote!
Sep 30, 2007 7:27 PM

May 2007
Second that!!

Oct 1, 2007 6:07 AM

Aug 2007
well, no spec. feelings. i dropped it after first ep. dunno why everyone is so like "OMG OMG One Peace!!!" Maybe the story is good, but blah, the drawing style sucks. that's why i dropped it in fact.
Oct 1, 2007 10:28 AM

Sep 2007
I agree with ChunKY. The drawing style sucks. I seen the opening of the first episode and that's all I was able to support xD Yes, maybe the story is good but there's a lot of good animes, with great drawings and stories. This is why One Piece isn't interesting.
Oct 4, 2007 5:58 PM

May 2007
Definitly agree with the drawing style being crap. I certainly couldn't get into the story either for that matter...

Oct 7, 2007 4:16 PM

Sep 2007
I'm not trying to engage in an arguement, but I'm speaking as a One Piece fan.

Don't hate it because the drawing style is unique. You can't judge a book by its cover, or an anime by its style.

You'll probably never see me again, but I just wanted to bring up that point.

Also, good luck spreading the hate with 21 members.
Oct 8, 2007 4:49 AM

Jul 2007
I agree with Neko.
If you don't like it - don't watch it.
What's the big deal? why are you wasting your time finding reasons to hate it and spread the hate?
Oct 8, 2007 8:27 AM

Aug 2007
so, who didn't like it, didn't watch it. that was exacly as you said. and noone is searching reasons to hate it. we're just telling why we didn't like it.
Oct 8, 2007 2:43 PM

May 2007
Well, it's not just the drawing style....its because it is so unbelievably bad, it had to be banished. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion...and thats just what we're doing.
And we're not spreading the hate here....we're just saving lost souls from wandering into the dark, inescapable, abyss that is OP.

Oct 12, 2007 6:48 PM

Aug 2007
When i saw on a episode (first time watching) that the straw hat kid stretches out, i changed the channel.
Oct 12, 2007 7:28 PM

Apr 2007
I've seen only one episode of One Piece (the dubbed version), and let's just say, it didn't grab my interest. I just wasn't interested in the anime.

Current Avatar: Sawako from Kimi ni Todoke
Oct 25, 2007 2:02 PM

Aug 2007
i tried watching first few eps but when i saw how lame it was i almost died. i didn't know anime's could ever be this terrible, and the worst part is there are actually people who like it :S
Oct 25, 2007 4:53 PM

May 2007
I know...can't understand why.

Oct 26, 2007 3:01 PM
Aug 2007
psha, u say so, but if you only watched one episode, not to mention in english dub?... (ew? wtf wrong with you? eng dub? seriously? ....) then your an idiot. lol.
Oct 26, 2007 10:02 PM

May 2007
kyox69 said:
psha, u say so, but if you only watched one episode, not to mention in english dub?... (ew? wtf wrong with you? eng dub? seriously? ....) then your an idiot. lol.

I'm sorry, only english is allowed in our boards.

Oct 27, 2007 2:37 PM

Sep 2007
All right, seriously... I can respect that you don't like One Piece. It's not everyone's cup of tea; that's fine.

I, personally, love it to death; the art style is strange, but it's not so bad that it warrants hating the series for that alone. It improves as the series goes on, as well. The characters, while also strange, (C'mon, Usopp's the best and you know it XD) grow on you quickly, and are well-developped no matter how you look at it. The story itself is a lot of fun; it's unique, and even after 300 episodes, has not gotten boring - excluding fillers, of course, and even they aren't bad compared to Naruto's. It definitely deserves to be given more of a chance than it seems to have been given.

And the English dub can hardly be considered One Piece at all. The voice acting is awful, important plot points are cut or censored... It would take all day to describe the horrors comitted against the poor anime; I recomed going to youtube and searching for Tsukento's "Worst 4kids Dub Moments" as they give an idea as to just how bad it was. So if anyone judged the series based only on the 4kids dub... please, reconsider.

So if it's just not you're thing, that's fine; what bothers me is that you're wishing death to an anime which a large number of people enjoy. Creating an 'I dislike One Piece (preferably for reasons I am prepared to explain)' club is different than creating an 'I want One Piece to DIE!' club. Beause trust me, One Piece will not be 'dead' any time soon - it's extremely popular in Japan, and now that 4kids no longer has the liscence, the popularity can only increase in the U.S.A. Not to mention that the manga has been translated into more languages than I can recall. So by wishing 'death' to it, you're really only wasting your time.
Oct 28, 2007 4:39 AM

Aug 2007
well, i have to agree with you on the english dubbed part. Because the english dubs can ruin even the best anime of all. but that's off topic. Still, I won't change my mind about one piece, although i don't want it to die xD
Nov 1, 2007 8:16 AM

Mar 2007
Dub or no dub, I still don't like it.
kirAth-shiAueNov 13, 2007 5:46 PM
Nov 1, 2007 10:13 AM
Oct 2007
I downloaded about 350 episodes of this shit at Dreamhack (worlds greatest LAN-party) in Sweden. When I watched the first 5 episodes I deleted all of them. What a waste of time! And my friend told me it was a great serie that I just MUST see OMG
Nov 1, 2007 11:48 AM

Jun 2007
I won't say that One Piece is my favorite anime serie, but I don't hate it.
It's great humor for those who is still a little childish, like me, but I don't understand why the hell it MUST have to be so many episodes!

If it were a 26-52 episodes serie, then MAYBE.
Nov 3, 2007 7:03 AM

Jul 2007
Why i hate One Piece
1-Drawing sucks
2-Voice sucks, its even worst in english
3-Sound, music sucks
4-Unoriginal characters(annoying like Naruto)
5-Pirates
6-Searching for a treasure, heck of course pirates are supposed to look for treasure, so unoriginal story
7-Shit, more than 300 episodes...
8-Boring Fights unlike in Naruto, even DBZ is better, with their half-an-hour kamehameha

Good thing in One Piece
1-Great Humor
2-A few story arc are interesting

Nov 5, 2007 3:20 PM
Oct 2007
These hate comments are coming from people who like Bleach. That says enough.
Nov 6, 2007 6:20 PM

Mar 2007
Bleach ain't that great either but its a little bit better than One Piece.
Nov 8, 2007 6:01 AM
Oct 2007
Not really. One Piece has a plot. So it's automatically better than Bleach.

If you shallow minded people would look past the art style, you would see that it's a wonderfully engaging and entertaining story with great characters, humor, drama, character development, and is just a lot better than most generic shonens that are fueled by nothing but fighting and teenage angst.
Guy99Nov 8, 2007 6:08 AM
Nov 8, 2007 9:20 AM

Mar 2007
Pirates looking for treasure isn't a very good and original plot, especially 300+ episodes of it.
Nov 8, 2007 12:59 PM
Oct 2007
Wow. That proves that you haven't seen much of it, or have only seen the 4kids dub. The plot has way more to it than that if you would actually give it a chance. Trust me, if the plot was that shallow, I wouldn't watch it either. Oda is one of the better story tellers in Shonen, especially compared to a lot of the crap that's running now. What "One Piece", the treasure, actually is, is the last thing on my damn mind when I read or watch it.

I'm not being a fanboy, it's just that most of the reasons people hate it are pretty stupid.
Guy99Nov 8, 2007 1:06 PM
Nov 10, 2007 1:34 PM

Mar 2007
Hmmmm,the same excuses One Piece fans always give: either we saw the dub or didn't see enough episodes.

Actually, I hate to burst your bubble but for both the anime and manga, I left of at the end of the Crocidile arc, so I've given it an enough chance. So it has nothing to do with that and as for the dub, it wouldn't matter if I saw it in dub or unedited. I saw the dub for Dragon Ball and DBZ and still liked it.

If the hatin' is bothering you, why are you psting here? Everyone has their own opinions and tastes. I wouldn't cry if someone dissed FMA or Monster, my 2 most fave seris. So you shouldn't let it bother you too. Not everyone can like One Piece, or any other seris.

And don't get me wrong, I wasn't defending Bleach or anything. I just think it was wrong of you to say "These hate comments are coming from people who like Bleach. That says enough."

EDIT: Forgot to mention that even though I don't like One Piece, I did enjoy a little bit of it, and I do like some of the characters, like Sanji, Zoro and Nico Robin. I just don't like it enough to watch 300+ episodes. At least I gave it more of a chance then the others who posted here.
kirAth-shiAueNov 10, 2007 1:38 PM
Nov 12, 2007 7:55 PM
Oct 2007
Yeah. I guess I can respect your opinion more than the other people here who bash it without even watching it. But the way you generalized it by saying "Pirates looking for treasure isn't a good plot" can be done for just about every series when there's actually more to them then that. This club is kind of stupid too. I mean there's a plethora of other anime out there that actually DO suck, but why make an entire club based on hating One Piece.
Guy99Nov 12, 2007 7:59 PM
Nov 12, 2007 8:01 PM

May 2007
Because OP actually DOES suck.

Nov 14, 2007 4:18 PM
Oct 2007
Meh. I tried. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. Though your opinions are biased and have no logic behind them, I won't argue anymore.
Nov 27, 2007 12:19 PM

Nov 2007
i think one peice rocks! its reallly funny!
i love how luffy never gives up, yet is still a totlay goofhead! its soo kewl how he's mad of rubber!!
ya...o shi....i just relized this is an anti-one piece group -_-'
Ill be on my way then....
i heart yaoi!!
ART IS A BANG!

Dec 4, 2007 6:00 PM

Nov 2007
ok all i have to say is this anime is one of the best and one of those come around nce in a blue moon........so alls im saying is that the day i hate OP is the day that i will fly to the mother fucking moon and do the cha cha........i dont even wanna be involved in this fucking shuning to one of the best anime..........im just saying if you hate one piece then you must hate every single life form who luvs this anime hand holds it close to thir lives...........like me for example

i'll be leaving this shithole of a club now...........goodbye and dont expect to hear from me again ^^
Dec 9, 2007 9:14 PM

Dec 2007
Death to One Piece? How impossible is that.

Ignore the fact that it's the number 1 anime in Japan and will always be.
Ignore the fact that it makes top 10 most watched shows EVERY week it airs whereas Naruto barely makes the list if at all.
Based on how great the show is itself it's impossible for One Piece to die unless it's creator stops writing it.

I too used to be a One Piece hater. The dub was just terrible and it made the show seem so childish and unbearable to watch. The animation was crappy and the story line seemed completely overused and boring. But I was wrong.

If you hate One Piece based on the 4kids dub you have no right comment here, seriously. Imagine turning "Elfen Lied" into "Looney Tunes" and you have exactly what 4kids did to One Piece in the dub. They edited content, changed names, reordered episodes, and skipped whole entire acrs. The turned serious heartfelt moments into super lame children jokes and that's only the tip of the damage.

If you hate One Piece because you think it's about pirates trying to get some gold, I can assure you that it's nothing like that. It's more of a story about friendship and comradery and trying to accomplish goals while seemingly the whole world is trying to stop you. Even the water is your enemy. It's not a typical shounen.

IMO it can't be compared to Naruto or Bleach. One Piece is an adventure anime. It's not about beating the next bad guy you see with super-awesome-powerups like Naruto and Bleach. It's about a group of friends traveling the world to accomplish goals they have dreamed about their whole life.

I find most people say they hate One Piece just to be different. After all, who likes to be told they would like something just because everyone else says it's the best? or Just because it's won loads of rewards and respect from everyone in the anime industry? You may think you're cool and special to call yourself a One Piece-hater but I pity you guys. You're missing out on one of the best shows ever put on TV.
TheSzelDec 9, 2007 9:51 PM
Dec 10, 2007 10:59 AM
Nov 2006
It's over-rated tbh.
Jan 1, 2008 12:25 PM

Mar 2007
i can not stand one piece at all... i refuse to watch even one episode... I have only seen clips and the story has been explained to me and its DUMB!! one piece = suckage.
Jan 2, 2008 3:51 AM

Oct 2007
I would argue that the story is important... seriously, it's pretty goddamn silly. But that's like saying 'Rambo has such a thin plot.' Like you watch Rambo for plot.

The thing I like about it is the general gooffiness/sillines - OP universe has it's own fun rules - who is the only one who can beat the uber-strong man who can turn into lightning? Well, of course the rubber man! Because rubber does not conduct electricity! So simple it's genious.

I know OP is something else - the art style is very distinctive, and the whole story is maybe a bit too honest in it's silliness (unlike shows like Naruto, which pretend to have things like character development), but bashing it after seeing just a few episodes is sure unfair.
And don't forget, that shows longer than 26 episodes rarely have budgets big enough to be well animated. Especialy if you have no way of knowing when they are actualy going to end.

Beware! For I wield the chair leg of truth!
Jan 4, 2008 1:18 PM
Dec 2007
i found that this anime has to much excitement and not enough drama/romance/real haha comedy in total this anime is for young children with serious mental problems and is bound to hit the epic fail stage (fail = phail)
Jan 7, 2008 10:15 PM
Dec 2007
do you believe in Jesus? if your answer is yes, you can never say you believe in being reincarnated as a bug. we grow up to believe in things, the way our environment taught us, and with this said, to like different things in the strangest ways. some culture drink cow urine. can you bluntly say they are wrong? nope. you hate onepiece, cool. i love onepiece, great. why am i here, i have no idea. maybe that's the way i was raised. >_< toinks!

sorry 4 interupting ur hatred 4 1pis!
Jan 9, 2008 5:10 AM

Dec 2007
Question, how many of you have actually seen more than..say 5 episodes? probably under 90% of you. I understand that One Piece has a shitty introduction, first time i saw it i also switched it off after 2mins, but recently i started watching and i'm hooked now!
Just give it a chance, don't watch one episode and go about whining about how "epic phail" it is.
Jan 12, 2008 12:14 AM
Aug 2007
Nobody can truely judge an anime without watching it first. It's impossible to give an accurate judgment to something you havn't seen. Just a fact. May say "oh looks bad" or w/e, But fact remains, unless you watch all of it up-to-date you cannot pass an accurate judgement on it.
Jan 13, 2008 2:49 AM
Dec 2007
i apologize if i have insulted any one with my recent comment, but i have seen 18 episodes of one piece and i would like to make a formal demand for the time i have spent watching such an idiotic, pathetic and all around hyperactive anime back, i could have watched another run trough of Elfen lied with that time spent.
Jan 15, 2008 6:47 PM

Jan 2008
I watched around 20 eps in a row somewhere in the midde of the anime plus the first few eps.... I can't believe I'm saying this but One-Piece is the ONLY unwatchable anime i could find(Not that i go out looking for animes i can't stand...) I'm sorry but I just wanted to say what I think about the anime...
Jan 19, 2008 10:38 AM

Nov 2007
HAHAHAHA! It's unwatchable after watching 20 random episodes in the middle? Well I guess anyone would be confused and dislike something like that.

I agree with Tarje. I think that less than 10% of you have seen more that five episodes. And a lot of you seem to be big Naruto fans. I think you should stop comparing the two. Pirates vs Ninjas? Big deal. One Piece isn't out to compete with Naruto. It already knows it is better. And this is coming from someone who actually LIKES Naruto.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.