Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Sep 22, 2007 8:59 PM
Jul 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
OH LAWD

mind=blown
Sep 22, 2007 9:02 PM

Mar 2007
I want to say that this is the best Gurren-Lagann episode so far , but there have already been so many powerful one before.
But this one , damn it was plain f*ckin' AWESOME !!!

(made by MistaCloudStrife ^^)
Sep 22, 2007 9:27 PM

Apr 2007
This is defiantly one of my favorite episodes and I have finally gotten used to Simon's new glasses :)
Sep 22, 2007 11:51 PM

Nov 2006
VIRAL

BAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

KAMINA

i cried for real :(
Sep 23, 2007 12:43 AM
Jun 2007
windy said:
VIRAL

KAMINA

So i take it Viral dies despite his "immortal" body? If so...thats a piss poor cop out by the creators

Trevor (OP)
Sep 23, 2007 1:48 AM

Mar 2007
windy said:
VIRAL

KAMINA

Man , i cried too .
I think we all cried .

Kyocool said:

So i take it Viral dies despite his "immortal" body? If so...thats a piss poor cop out by the creators

Trevor (OP)

Naa , he doesn't die , it's just that there is a really really extremely beautiful and yet sad scene with him...and pretty much the rest of the Dai-Gurren-Dan. :(

Sep 23, 2007 8:14 AM
Jul 2007
how are you guys watching it? you have the .ass?
Sep 23, 2007 10:39 AM

Jun 2007
Holy crap!
I hate to sound like a broken record. But DAMN! BEST EPISODE EVER!
This one had EVERYTHING! The temporarly revival of Kamina, human Boota, Lord Genemone as the head of a school, Viral's happy end etc. Man this episode gave me goosebumbs so many times! Kamina showing Yoko the tv was an very awesome/emotional scene!

Best anime EVER!
Sep 23, 2007 10:47 AM

Nov 2006
Candlehoper said:
nope we all watched it raw.

edit: actually though, it appears the .ass is out, so maybe a few didn't.
rapidsearch seems to be the only place it's uploaded atm.

edit 2: lol owned by mulderman
Sep 23, 2007 11:56 AM

Sep 2007
Never have I been so fired up for a finale in a long time! Almost everything about this episode either gave me chills or manly tears.

I beg you, Gainax, don't fail me now!
Sep 23, 2007 11:58 AM

Jun 2007
awesome AWESOME
just freaking AWESOME
unbelievable i cant wait to see how they top this episode
cant wait for the gar ending
Lord genome was a father on parent's day bwhahahahahaha
Sep 23, 2007 1:25 PM

Mar 2007
dancu said:

Lord genome was a father on parent's day bwhahahahahaha

Lord Genome in suit was f*cking GAR !!!

Sep 23, 2007 1:53 PM
Jul 2007
FANTASTIC!

SergSep 23, 2007 2:17 PM
Sep 23, 2007 2:14 PM

Jan 2007
speechless....
Sep 23, 2007 4:18 PM

Jul 2007
Fantastic episode.
The highlight is obviously the "revival" of Kamina, accompanied by one of his badass speeches.
Everything else in the episode was also pure awesomness.

Why does it have to end next episode? :( :( :( :( :( :( :(
At least we can expect an awesome ending.
Sep 23, 2007 5:37 PM
Sep 2007
Damn good.
Sep 23, 2007 5:48 PM
Sep 2007
That was pure, un-adulterated win. You can tell an anime is amazing when you will watch the RAW before subs come out.
Sep 24, 2007 2:22 AM

Aug 2007
Candlehoper said:

I waited for the .mkv/.avi files.

By the way... exactly what are the .ass files? I keep seeing them, but I have no idea what they are. XD

Doublehex said:
That was pure, un-adulterated win. You can tell an anime is amazing when you will watch the RAW before subs come out.

That's so true. This is the only anime where I check out the raw version first to see if I can tell what's going on ('cause I don't understand enough Japanese yet. =S).
Sep 24, 2007 2:37 AM

Aug 2007
I'm getting emotional to think that there is just one episode of this great series left.
Crappy things like naruto have over 240 episodes but something as awesome as this is limited to 27.

Epic episode as per usual and yet another reason why MAL should have a 'special' use once rating on the anime list to rate perfection like this.
OriginalNameSep 24, 2007 2:43 AM

Sep 24, 2007 4:26 AM

Jul 2007
Blown away.

Great set up for the final.

NOW I WANT A GURREN LAGANN MOVIE!!!!!
Sep 24, 2007 6:17 AM

Jul 2007
I'd rather have this amount of episodes rather than something like Naruto or Bleach. One of the more prominent strengths of Gurren Lagann is just how much they pack into each episode, each second. If they were allowed to drag it out, I don't think it'd be half as much fun to watch.
Sep 24, 2007 8:44 AM

Jul 2007
wow.
this is the BEST episode EVER. @_@

viral ;; <3
Sep 24, 2007 9:45 AM

Aug 2007
Just when you thought it couldn't possibly get any better huh? :)

Thanks De-Jay for my claim picture : ).
Sep 24, 2007 9:52 AM

May 2007
Sep 24, 2007 11:57 AM

Jul 2007
Ravenhood said:
By the way... exactly what are the .ass files? I keep seeing them, but I have no idea what they are. XD

.ass is the most popular type of sub file out there right now. They're normally pakaged into a .mkv so you don't see them. They're a softsub so they're independent of the quality of the encoded video. They're also extremy easy to use, edit, and make.

Sam is my sweet peach
Sep 24, 2007 2:58 PM

Aug 2006
Awesome episode... I can't wait for the last one!
Sep 24, 2007 10:40 PM

Aug 2007
holy crap, Viral ;_;
Sep 25, 2007 10:34 AM
Sep 2007
One of two things will happen: one, Viral will die, and everyone will cry manly tears. The other is that it will be revealed Viral can have kids... and everyone will cry womanly tears.
Sep 25, 2007 3:37 PM
Jun 2007
Doublehex said:
One of two things will happen: one, Viral will die, and everyone will cry manly tears. The other is that it will be revealed Viral can have kids... and everyone will cry womanly tears.

He can't die he has an immortal body. Secondly he cant have kids hes a beastman.
If any of that happens i'm dropping the score of this anime 2 points for making ridiculous shit happen! ( i already dropped it one for making boota become a stupid human).

Trevor (OP)
Sep 25, 2007 4:14 PM

Jun 2007
Kyocool said:
Doublehex said:

He can't die he has an immortal body. Secondly he cant have kids hes a beastman.
If any of that happens i'm dropping the score of this anime 2 points for making ridiculous shit happen! ( i already dropped it one for making boota become a stupid human).

Trevor (OP)

Such strange reasoning. Boota being a "human" was awesome!
And secondly. If there is a guy who can give you an immortal body, surely there must be another one who can take that away.

We'll see
Sep 25, 2007 7:33 PM

May 2007
Kyocool said:
Doublehex said:

Trevor (OP)

Boota being a human was his "dream alternate universe". It didnt happen in the main reality. At least thats what I understood from what the anti spiral said.

But Creesus, another classic episode. Cant wait till next week.
Sep 25, 2007 10:47 PM
Jul 2007
wait, i thought it was BECAUSE he insta-evolved that he was sucked into a dream alternate universe.

because he wasn't in the alternate universe when he was a mole, but assuming a humanoid body, he became self aware (though LOL @ that, boota seemed pretty self aware before).
Sep 26, 2007 1:36 AM

May 2007
Boota entered the alternate dream universe right AFTER changing into human form.

But who cares. Boota is adorable and has his moments. And this episode was epic! Like the one before and the one before and the one before.. what's it with this series?! Everytime you think the series reached it's limit it pierces through the sky again and again - wait, that's what this series is about anyway.

Somehow I don't want this series to end with 27. But on the other hand, I fully agree with the comparison of this anime with others that burst from too many episodes.

TTGL = few episodes, HELL of capacity!
Sep 26, 2007 4:47 AM

May 2007
Ah, ok I get it now. But still him tranforming into a humanoid beastman was pretty cool.
Sep 26, 2007 11:46 AM

Jun 2007
OmegaJudgement said:
I'm getting emotional to think that there is just one episode of this great series left.
Crappy things like naruto have over 240 episodes but something as awesome as this is limited to 27.

Bleach is one of your favorites, I wouldn't be talking about whats crappy :P

Gurren 26 FTW. If this series were longer, it wouldn't be as good.
The cake is a lie
Sep 26, 2007 1:33 PM
Jun 2007
Each episode tops the previous one. This series just builds up to (hopefully) an epic ending.
Sep 28, 2007 4:38 PM

May 2007
I really loved seeing Kamina again, but this episode wasn't as great as some of the others earlier in the series. Simon now simply seems way too powerful for it to be wondering how he will win. But I'll admit seeing the Lagaan in action is always a plus.
Feb 9, 2008 3:26 AM

Dec 2007
True, Simon is just getting way to powerful. But for some reason, it doesn't get boring... This anime is just awesome.

So Kamina is helpful even after death, that just pure epic win! Actually, those words are not enough to describe it!

Lol, YokoxKamina moment right after YokoxKittan. xD

mulderman said:
Kyocool said:
Doublehex said:

Trevor (OP)

Such strange reasoning. Boota being a "human" was awesome!
And secondly. If there is a guy who can give you an immortal body, surely there must be another one who can take that away.

We'll see

Totally seconded... both points.
Apr 13, 2008 4:36 PM

Dec 2007
So awesome, it was a little like Evangelion with the whole alternate universe but this time it actually made sense, thank you Gainax. There are just too many things to comment on in this one episode, Kamina's sort of return, Boota being made of spiral energy and being able to transform, and everyone's alternative lives the best being Viral having a family. I can't wait to see how this ends.

#NBHNC
Jul 5, 2008 12:07 PM

Nov 2007
ohmygawd, how much more can i love this <33 wooot !
Jul 15, 2008 3:22 AM

Oct 2007
oh man, i cried so hard when i saw Viral with family D; it was just so... aww~ *is still crying, just thinking of smiling Viral with cute little daughter makes her soft*
and Kamina~ and Kittan, and Lord Genome. this episode was seriously one of the best.
Aug 9, 2008 1:06 PM

May 2008
extrimly best ep EVER!!!!!!!
Kittan is merriaged (in past) with yoko?? (WTF?)
the scene with Kamina and Simon older rulzz!
Aug 12, 2008 9:02 AM

May 2008
From small digging technology, to small ganmen, to big ganmen and ships, to flying ganmen, to tearing time and space, to ganmen in ganmen in space, to cosmic ganmen, to even more space/time wtfuckery, to being stuck in an internal universe and yet again letting spiral power do the job to pierce out.

Wow then. They certain wanted to leave people going "Wow I don't have any idea what's going on here, but this is cool!" And those anti-spirals are right. The spiral power does evolve quick, very quick.

10th and 11th dimension?
Sounds like string theory. And I thought that was supposed to apply subatomically.
It's easy to get lost in the theoretical science in this show.

Old avatar and sig retired for now.
Aug 15, 2008 2:18 PM

Apr 2007
oh boy, I just rewatched the whole series in two days with a friend, and that viral scene... /episode

why can't I stop shivering? ;__;
逃げちゃ駄目だ。
Sep 29, 2008 11:15 PM

May 2008
Faust721 said:
speechless....
yes..
Oct 8, 2008 5:18 AM

Aug 2008
ukonkivi said:
It's easy to get lost in the theoretical science in this show.

Nah, spiral power solves all, even when there's a 0% chance, that's all you need to know ;o

But damn, even if they're getting way too powerful just like that, it's still entertaining to watch and damnit, finally, he got to reunite with Nia!
Oct 11, 2008 4:54 PM

Jun 2007
the only wtf part for me was when botan transformed xD
lol didnt see that coming...

oher than that ;_;
viral wants a kid<333
yes, yoko x kamina ftw ;.;
Oct 11, 2008 11:12 PM
Sep 2008
There... there... there is simply no way for me to describe the end of it all. This anime transcends words. Seriously, to call this episode awesome would be disgraceful.

On another note, lets be honest people, who hated this episode? A show of hands will be fine! *loads Yoko's sniper rifle*
Oct 19, 2008 5:19 PM
Jul 2008
i cnt believe kittan is dead!!! him of all people??? he came this far protectin his sisters only to die?!?!? noooooooooooooooo....

i feel so bad for yoko... ery man shes loved has bin snatched away by death. ts so sad!!!

butta is the source of spiral power on earth? and he changes into human form?? WOW!!! this is definitly the most excitin episode so far n dere ave bin rili great ones...

kamina came back to save em all... i dnt rili get how he did that bt i feel abit teary eyed watchin him talk to simon n say a final gud bye n lookin yoko in the eyes like that... is he now some kinda spirit??? i dnt care rili... im just lovin him more n more...

Awww... even viral wants a wife n kid for himself... thats so sweet... hes even more human dan he knows... im startin to like his character...

O!!! n we finally get to see aniki again and all the oda commrades... that pat ws so touchin... bt still i cnt believe all those people died!!! i guess it mkes the anime abit more realistic (somehow)...
t-babyOct 19, 2008 5:24 PM
Pages (5) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Krelian - Apr 25, 2007

204 by Trash_Monkeyy »»
Apr 16, 11:27 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 27 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

accela - Sep 29, 2007

1151 by Spiral26 »»
Apr 8, 11:01 AM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

windy - Aug 19, 2007

174 by TheStarscream759 »»
Apr 1, 12:51 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

TheWestExit - Aug 6, 2007

217 by AbyssGundyr »»
Mar 31, 5:39 PM

Poll: » Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

momo_ - Aug 12, 2007

157 by TheStarscream759 »»
Mar 26, 5:08 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.