Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
My Little Monster
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Nov 26, 2012 1:26 PM

Jun 2012
We got a deeper look at Yamaken this week and his gradual progression to being smitten with Mitty. Sets up some nice conflict for the last couple of episodes with other dangling plot threads. I also have found it pretty odd until this episode why Mitty was so black and white with her lifestyle. At least Yamaken just tells her that she can have a balance in her life since he is successful at it. Having a deadbeat dad who always lets you down would do that to you I guess. Her being so dedicated to her academics because it is something she can control and not be let down due to circumstances out of her control makes a lot of sense.

It makes me wonder are they going to have an original anime ending or just leave it open ended. There's a lot of stuff they have to wrap up in 4 episodes if its the former but it also sucks if its the latter because this show will just be another one of the great yet unfinished one cour series.
Nov 26, 2012 1:27 PM
May 2012
I don't get just one thing!
Why every shoujo romance anime are so good?why can't a shounen anime be like that?(except clannad)
A great episode as always.
The one thing i noticed that shizuku is the most dumb one there.
haru may be a one way traffic but he is still pure.
9.5/10
Nov 26, 2012 1:36 PM
May 2012
Misiakk said:
I loved it. Mizutani and Asako are so cute :) And Haru's glare at the end? Badass :)

Are you blind or someting!that was obviously a eye full of surprise and loneliness! like a afraid of being lonely all over again!
Nov 26, 2012 2:03 PM
Nov 2012
I really want to get a scene with Shizuku and her mom, their similarities are the most intriguing thing in the show for me at this point. Pretty good episode, just nothing outstanding.
Nov 26, 2012 2:11 PM

Sep 2011
Hybridbloodszak said:
It makes me wonder are they going to have an original anime ending or just leave it open ended. There's a lot of stuff they have to wrap up in 4 episodes if its the former but it also sucks if its the latter because this show will just be another one of the great yet unfinished one cour series.

It should be fine. There's a good pause point coming up soon in the manga that concludes things nicely and doesn't leave things hanging too much (well apart from Haru's past).
Nov 26, 2012 2:18 PM

Nov 2012
As mentioned before, only four episodes, and with all this new development being added, it's making me question why exactly the producer is willing to leave such an original anime with an unfinished ending that will just piss off many fans? Instead of doing that, they should make some subtle, but big changes to get the people to read the manga after watching the last episode but out of intrigue.

I don't exactly know what happens in the manga (plan to read it after series) but they should have Yamaken take back his 'yes I love Shizuku' confession because not only is that dramatically unrealistic and only adds to the ridiculousness of the obvious love triangle forming but it's clearly NOT love. In the next three episodes, Yamaken should realize that he LIKES Shizuku, but doesn't love her, and he should try to fight against himself for it. For example, avoiding her and Haru, focusing on other things, etc. I don't think it's the best time to introduce his past or connection with Haru in this anime series. Then, so fans will be intrigued to read the manga, in the last episode, Yamaken should decide that instead of trying to stop himself, he should go after Shizuku completely. There's no need for a confession or scene with Shizuku, just a statement from Yamaken to himself confirming his new plan of action and this will lead fans to wonder what might happen afterwards and consequently lead them to pick up the manga. This also leaves open a door for a second season.

Now, for this episode, great explanations and progress being shown. However, Haru's progress is still lacking. I know how the producers like having it 'on and off' where they feature Haru's progress then Shizuku's the next episode but it's really taken a toll on some of the fans that can't relate. It's also getting rather annoying to just see developments with the side characters when we want a development with the main characters. We can leave Natsume's possible interaction with Mitsuyoshi to be simply the start of a friendship, or closer friendship than it was before. I really hope Sasayan isn't thrown into any mix in these last four episodes because that would be a disappointing end with the show promoting love by having everyone couple up and love triangles to form. That would shoot down all my expectations and praise so far and just murder all hope seeing that the point of the anime was really to display how Shizuku's thinking isn't wrong, but trying new things without assumptions is important too.

The next episode should show a progress in Shizuku and Haru's relationship and both of them taking a conscious step towards trying it out instead of wondering whether it'll work. Maybe Shizuku stating that she's come to a decision and her and Haru confessing to one another? Then, in the last episode, they could have a cute first moment on a date (Shizuku should have her hair down then, it looks great!) and the producers could again show both of them working on the relationship. Shizuku could consciously attempt to dress up, Haru could consciously attempt to be casual than his usual caring-and-doing-things attitude. They could then learn to just be comfortable and act like themselves on the date and this will also lead to the fans wanting to see how it continues to go in the manga.

Finally, this was an awesome episode! Even though it kind of felt like an appetizer to something better, the moments depicting Yamaken's mind and his obvious raw emotion (as light as it was) was very relate-able and one of those nice moments in the anime where everything seems to be clear and you're pulled into the moment. Haru's one eye looked cool too haha and the jokes between him and Sasayan "did you do it" were hilarious :P I like how the importance of friends is still thrown in, but with four episodes left, it'd be best to just stress on the fact that friends are there for you (like how Natsume was there for Shizuku and etc.) and that'd be nice if it were stated by one of the 'friend' characters in a non-romantic manner. Also, the personality of Shizuku's mom kind of surprised me. I was expecting her to be rather cold and calculated but she almost came off as the type that was flippant and lounged on a couch and didn't care or do anything till she had to. It also confused me a bit, how her values and Shizuku's father's don't really add up (as far as we know..). Are they even in love? And has Shizuku's father even influenced her in any way? Any morals or anything since the mom apparently is almost never around? How did Shizuku just grow up into her own person? Kids usually turn to their peers and teachers at such a young age, it's impossible that Shizuku could just grow up to become 'emotionless' as the father puts it, without any sort of morals or beliefs of even assumptions affecting her perspective on life and people. Anyways, nice graphics, music, and superb portrayal of Shizuku's previous mindset! Can't wait for the next episode =)
SpiraiNov 26, 2012 2:30 PM
Nov 26, 2012 2:34 PM

Jan 2011
With only four episodes left and a manga that is still publishing, I'm actually hoping for a cour end, rather than an original series ending. Since it sounds like there would be a good pause point coming up (based on manga readers' comments), I'd be happy to wait a "short" time for a second season. Of course I'm still waiting for another season of Kimi ni Todoke so what do I know...
Please don't feed the trolls!
In my next life I want to collide at the corner with the cute transfer student
carrying a piece of toast in her mouth
...rodac

Dec 2009
Spirai said:
As mentioned before, only four episodes, and with all this new development being added, it's making me question why exactly the producer is willing to leave such an original anime with an unfinished ending that will just piss off many fans? Instead of doing that, they should make some subtle, but big changes to get the people to read the manga after watching the last episode but out of intrigue.

I don't exactly know what happens in the manga (plan to read it after series) but they should have Yamaken take back his 'yes I love Shizuku' confession because not only is that dramatically unrealistic and only adds to the ridiculousness of the obvious love triangle forming but it's clearly NOT love. In the next three episodes, Yamaken should realize that he LIKES Shizuku, but doesn't love her, and he should try to fight against himself for it. For example, avoiding her and Haru, focusing on other things, etc. I don't think it's the best time to introduce his past or connection with Haru in this anime series. Then, so fans will be intrigued to read the manga, in the last episode, Yamaken should decide that instead of trying to stop himself, he should go after Shizuku completely. There's no need for a confession or scene with Shizuku, just a statement from Yamaken to himself confirming his new plan of action and this will lead fans to wonder what might happen afterwards and consequently lead them to pick up the manga. This also leaves open a door for a second season.

Now, for this episode, great explanations and progress being shown. However, Haru's progress is still lacking. I know how the producers like having it 'on and off' where they feature Haru's progress then Shizuku's the next episode but it's really taken a toll on some of the fans that can't relate. It's also getting rather annoying to just see developments with the side characters when we want a development with the main characters. We can leave Natsume's possible interaction with Mitsuyoshi to be simply the start of a friendship, or closer friendship than it was before. I really hope Sasayan isn't thrown into any mix in these last four episodes because that would be a disappointing end with the show promoting love by having everyone couple up and love triangles to form. That would shoot down all my expectations and praise so far and just murder all hope seeing that the point of the anime was really to display how Shizuku's thinking isn't wrong, but trying new things without assumptions is important too.

The next episode should show a progress in Shizuku and Haru's relationship and both of them taking a conscious step towards trying it out instead of wondering whether it'll work. Maybe Shizuku stating that she's come to a decision and her and Haru confessing to one another? Then, in the last episode, they could have a cute first moment on a date (Shizuku should have her hair down then, it looks great!) and the producers could again show both of them working on the relationship. Shizuku could consciously attempt to dress up, Haru could consciously attempt to be casual than his usual caring-and-doing-things attitude. They could then learn to just be comfortable and act like themselves on the date and this will also lead to the fans wanting to see how it continues to go in the manga.

Finally, this was an awesome episode! Even though it kind of felt like an appetizer to something better, the moments depicting Yamaken's mind and his obvious raw emotion (as light as it was) was very relate-able and one of those nice moments in the anime where everything seems to be clear and you're pulled into the moment. Haru's one eye looked cool too haha and the jokes between him and Sasayan "did you do it" were hilarious :P I like how the importance of friends is still thrown in, but with four episodes left, it'd be best to just stress on the fact that friends are there for you (like how Natsume was there for Shizuku and etc.) and that'd be nice if it were stated by one of the 'friend' characters in a non-romantic manner. Also, the personality of Shizuku's mom kind of surprised me. I was expecting her to be rather cold and calculated but she almost came off as the type that was flippant and lounged on a couch and didn't care or do anything till she had to. It also confused me a bit, how her values and Shizuku's father's don't really add up (as far as we know..). Are they even in love? And has Shizuku's father even influenced her in any way? Any morals or anything since the mom apparently is almost never around? How did Shizuku just grow up into her own person? Kids usually turn to their peers and teachers at such a young age, it's impossible that Shizuku could just grow up to become 'emotionless' as the father puts it, without any sort of morals or beliefs of even assumptions affecting her perspective on life and people. Anyways, nice graphics, music, and superb portrayal of Shizuku's previous mindset! Can't wait for the next episode =)

Yes, you should definitely read the manga. :3

Nov 2012
ijen said:
Misiakk said:
I loved it. Mizutani and Asako are so cute :) And Haru's glare at the end? Badass :)

Are you blind or someting!that was obviously a eye full of surprise and loneliness! like a afraid of being lonely all over again!

It did come off as shock and a bit of fear but also this sort of natural 'hate' of wanting to keep what is 'his' because we've already been shown that Haru is very possessive of Shizuku and often resorts to violence to keep her safe and with him but I hope this allows Haru to realize he has to control his urge to shove Yamaken away from Shizuku and instead focus on 'healthily' expressing his emotions as well as deciding what to do next.
Nov 26, 2012 2:39 PM

Nov 2012
ijen said:
I don't get just one thing!
Why every shoujo romance anime are so good?why can't a shounen anime be like that?(except clannad)
A great episode as always.
The one thing i noticed that shizuku is the most dumb one there.
haru may be a one way traffic but he is still pure.
9.5/10

She's not 'dumb', she's just never seen the option of balancing BOTH. It's pretty common actually. Some people with potential decide to only go after a career and never get into a relationship and so maybe one day, when they suddenly SEE it (for whatever reason) it hits them like a shock. Having something or not having it at all is very possible mindset that some people use when dealing with people and things in their life. Also, notice what she wants to do as a job. She also works at the store. For her, she's grown up around 'money or no money', 'sales or no sales', 'supplies or no supplies', 'buy it or don't' and etc. It was always one or the other. Even if she did balance money or something, it never hit her she could do the same thing with things in her life. She never had the time to try out the concept and therefore dismissed it as something that just wouldn't work out.
Nov 26, 2012 2:42 PM

Nov 2012
Hybridbloodszak said:
We got a deeper look at Yamaken this week and his gradual progression to being smitten with Mitty. Sets up some nice conflict for the last couple of episodes with other dangling plot threads. I also have found it pretty odd until this episode why Mitty was so black and white with her lifestyle. At least Yamaken just tells her that she can have a balance in her life since he is successful at it. Having a deadbeat dad who always lets you down would do that to you I guess.

Wait...he has a deadbeat dad? O.O When did that come up?
Nov 26, 2012 2:45 PM

Nov 2012
tsubasalover said:
6th time to lose job for Shizuku's father with Yoshida at home.

Studying without Shizuku. Big breast girl is worried about Yoshida x Shizuku relations. She already forgot about what she told Yoshida one month ago.

So there's a painful past for big breast girl, too. It seems like YamaKen is having feeling for Shizuku. At least he admitted about it to Yoshida.

Christmas ep. next ep.

Her name's Natsume..not 'big-breast girl' .... =.=
Nov 26, 2012 2:46 PM

Nov 2012
di-roy said:
I liked natsume's little flashback but the anime seems like its taking forever to get to the point for shizuku and haru to date. and now yamaken has feelings for her so its kinda fucking up the situation lol. decent episode.

Haha tell me about it :P
Nov 26, 2012 2:48 PM

Mar 2012
This episode was the most enjoyable since the fourth, but, unfortunately, it was disappointingly inconsistent and flawed as well, faltering into a repetition of predictable, unnecessary contrivances in the latter half of the episode. There's this rather noticeable dichotomy between the numerous elements of the show that work extremely well and those that don't, as the latter have been increasingly filtered into each subsequent episode, consistently failing to impress, illustrating a middling execution of the narrative.

The opening was great and, though largely comedic, quite insightful, as the conversation between Haru and Shizuku's father illuminated an interesting complexity within Shizuku's family, only ever touched upon for a momentary instance in the subtle exploration of Shizuku's diligent, but partially naive aspirations to strictly follow the same path as her mother, which was mentioned once again in this episode, still appearing to be a singularly narrow-minded, but sympathetic, approach to dealing with life's unexpected complications.

Haru and Shizuku's interactions are extremely enjoyable, as the gradual development of their relationship illuminates their considerable chemistry and how significantly worse each episode is that doesn't heavily focus on this particular aspect of the story. As such, their relationship consistently provides the best moments in each episode, so it's quite unfortunate that it hasn't been as prevalent in the past several episodes, instead relying on a partial focus of dynamics that are far less compelling.

However, the slow, methodical development of their relationship is usually understandable, but it's become a bit tiresome as of late, due entirely to the knowledge that triangles are inevitably set to interfere even further with their hopes for a wholly romantic relationship to form. At this point, I'm even wondering if their relationship can, in fact, have a greatly satisfying conclusion, since there are a plethora of potential interruptions that can sabotage the growth that seems to solely be stalled in an increasingly tedious manner. Though Shizuku's stubbornly distracted by schoolwork, it seems rather unrealistic that she wouldn't even remember to consider the full meaning of her love for Haru throughout an entire month, so this is yet another isolated moment that feels artificial in it's construction.

Natsume really is a fantastic character, as she, along with Haru, have, so far, elevated the show above purely unenjoyable mediocrity whenever a particular episode, such as this one, and the last few, for that matter, waste considerable time focusing on poor secondary characters and uninteresting narrative developments, such as the imminent love triangles. As such, I liked the slight elaboration on her difficult past, since more development of her character is terrific, but it was accompanied with a moment that reinforced the possibility that she has feelings for Mitsuyoshi, which, though he's a really likable character, is somewhat disappointing, since a relationship with Sasayan seems thoroughly foreshadowed and quite inevitable, but it's unlikely to be properly concluded by the end of the show, so it feels like a relatively unnecessary addition to her characterization and potential development, except, of course, for the possibility that it compels Sasayan to act on his seemingly evident feelings for her.

Yamaken is a thoroughly unlikable character, devoid of an interesting personality or intriguing characterization. He'd likely be much better if his character development wasn't isolated into the one-dimensional role of a "love rival". His highly contrived interactions with Shizuku aren't engaging at all, since he's far too closely similar to Shizuku, without any of the good aspects that preside within her characterization. As such, I couldn't care less about the development of his superficial feelings for Shizuku, so concluding the episode with an element of this situation only serves to illuminate numerous concerns about the future episodes.

The production values remain one of the strongest aspects of the show, as the beautifully colorful aesthetic complements the nature of the show really well, particularly during the scene in which Haru and Shizuku converse as they walk through the city. Musically, this episode was excellent, especially highlighted by the selection used throughout Natsume's reminiscence to her troubled past. The quality of the narrative has noticeably diminished throughout the last last few episodes, as it has increasingly slipped into the highly predictable conventionality of a typically cliche shoujo, and, save for the excellent characters, it has too often lacked the brilliantly unique atmosphere and immense versatility that permeated the first few episodes. This, in large part, is due to the unfortunate introduction of two dull, completely ancillary characters and the terrible, worthless triangles that accompany them.

All in all, Tonari is quite good, but it's consistently failing to reach the considerably high level of brilliance it once possessed, instead resolving itself to transitioning into an underwhelming near-mediocrity. I'm not particularly confident that the direction the narrative is taking will improve, since the insufferable, monotonous triangles appear likely to receive a heightened focus throughout the following episodes. Hopefully I'm mistaken and all of this predictability is mere misdirection, but it's inevitability certainly seems to be irrevocably foreshadowed. I simply desire a satisfying conclusion, so, hopefully, this mess of trite complications and an increased level of interference will be resolved by then, since, so far, these developments only detract from each episode. Fortunately, the next episode will be centered around Christmas, so I'd like to think that Yamaken and Chizuru won't be involved.
Lelouch22Nov 26, 2012 2:54 PM
Nov 26, 2012 2:59 PM

Jan 2011
QuiGonJon said:
Dang it, I want Natsume x Sasayan Dx
something i been wanting for a long time haha ever since the start...haven't lost faith yet
Nov 26, 2012 3:02 PM

Jun 2010
Lelouch22 said:
This episode was the most enjoyable since the fourth, but, unfortunately, it was disappointingly inconsistent and flawed as well, faltering into a repetition of predictable, unnecessary contrivances in the latter half of the episode.

My thoughts, exactly.
Nov 26, 2012 3:05 PM

Mar 2009
A rattled Yamaken is so fun to watch.

Mizutani and Haru's romance comes close to a crawl, but it's enjoyable to watch. Shoujo anime/manga tend to lose their oomph once the main couple gets together, anyway.
Nov 26, 2012 3:11 PM

Jan 2008
To me the highlight of the episode was Haru/Sasayan trolling Natsume. Fucking priceless.
Nov 26, 2012 3:11 PM

Aug 2010
D'awww Natsume chan is so cuteee~
Nov 26, 2012 3:28 PM

Jul 2010
Man, nothing hurts me more than seeing Asako being teased and crying.
Nov 26, 2012 3:30 PM

Dec 2007
Lelouch22 said:
This episode was the most enjoyable since the fourth, but, unfortunately, it was disappointingly inconsistent and flawed as well, faltering into a repetition of predictable, unnecessary contrivances in the latter half of the episode. There's this rather noticeable dichotomy between the numerous elements of the show that work extremely well and those that don't, as the latter have been increasingly filtered into each subsequent episode, consistently failing to impress, illustrating a middling execution of the narrative.

The opening was great and, though largely comedic, quite insightful, as the conversation between Haru and Shizuku's father illuminated an interesting complexity within Shizuku's family, only ever touched upon for a momentary instance in the subtle exploration of Shizuku's diligent, but partially naive aspirations to strictly follow the same path as her mother, which was mentioned once again in this episode, still appearing to be a singularly narrow-minded, but sympathetic, approach to dealing with life's unexpected complications.

Haru and Shizuku's interactions are extremely enjoyable, as the gradual development of their relationship illuminates their considerable chemistry and how significantly worse each episode is that doesn't heavily focus on this particular aspect of the story. As such, their relationship consistently provides the best moments in each episode, so it's quite unfortunate that it hasn't been as prevalent in the past several episodes, instead relying on a partial focus of dynamics that are far less compelling.

However, the slow, methodical development of their relationship is usually understandable, but it's become a bit tiresome as of late, due entirely to the knowledge that triangles are inevitably set to interfere even further with their hopes for a wholly romantic relationship to form. At this point, I'm even wondering if their relationship can, in fact, have a greatly satisfying conclusion, since there are a plethora of potential interruptions that can sabotage the growth that seems to solely be stalled in an increasingly tedious manner. Though Shizuku's stubbornly distracted by schoolwork, it seems rather unrealistic that she wouldn't even remember to consider the full meaning of her love for Haru throughout an entire month, so this is yet another isolated moment that feels artificial in it's construction.

Natsume really is a fantastic character, as she, along with Haru, have, so far, elevated the show above purely unenjoyable mediocrity whenever a particular episode, such as this one, and the last few, for that matter, waste considerable time focusing on poor secondary characters and uninteresting narrative developments, such as the imminent love triangles. As such, I liked the slight elaboration on her difficult past, since more development of her character is terrific, but it was accompanied with a moment that reinforced the possibility that she has feelings for Mitsuyoshi, which, though he's a really likable character, is somewhat disappointing, since a relationship with Sasayan seems thoroughly foreshadowed and quite inevitable, but it's unlikely to be properly concluded by the end of the show, so it feels like a relatively unnecessary addition to her characterization and potential development, except, of course, for the possibility that it compels Sasayan to act on his seemingly evident feelings for her.

Yamaken is a thoroughly unlikable character, devoid of an interesting personality or intriguing characterization. He'd likely be much better if his character development wasn't isolated into the one-dimensional role of a "love rival". His highly contrived interactions with Shizuku aren't engaging at all, since he's far too closely similar to Shizuku, without any of the good aspects that preside within her characterization. As such, I couldn't care less about the development of his superficial feelings for Shizuku, so concluding the episode with an element of this situation only serves to illuminate numerous concerns about the future episodes.

The production values remain one of the strongest aspects of the show, as the beautifully colorful aesthetic complements the nature of the show really well, particularly during the scene in which Haru and Shizuku converse as they walk through the city. Musically, this episode was excellent, especially highlighted by the selection used throughout Natsume's reminiscence to her troubled past. The quality of the narrative has noticeably diminished throughout the last last few episodes, as it has increasingly slipped into the highly predictable conventionality of a typically cliche shoujo, and, save for the excellent characters, it has too often lacked the brilliantly unique atmosphere and immense versatility that permeated the first few episodes. This, in large part, is due to the unfortunate introduction of two dull, completely ancillary characters and the terrible, worthless triangles that accompany them.

All in all, Tonari is quite good, but it's consistently failing to reach the considerably high level of brilliance it once possessed, instead resolving itself to transitioning into an underwhelming near-mediocrity. I'm not particularly confident that the direction the narrative is taking will improve, since the insufferable, monotonous triangles appear likely to receive a heightened focus throughout the following episodes. Hopefully I'm mistaken and all of this predictability is mere misdirection, but it's inevitability certainly seems to be irrevocably foreshadowed. I simply desire a satisfying conclusion, so, hopefully, this mess of trite complications and an increased level of interference will be resolved by then, since, so far, these developments only detract from each episode. Fortunately, the next episode will be centered around Christmas, so I'd like to think that Yamaken and Chizuru won't be involved.

Totally disagree
Nov 26, 2012 3:30 PM

Aug 2012
i love how yamaken was portrayed! he's my favorite character after haru!
Nov 26, 2012 3:44 PM

Jun 2012
Spirai said:
Hybridbloodszak said:
We got a deeper look at Yamaken this week and his gradual progression to being smitten with Mitty. Sets up some nice conflict for the last couple of episodes with other dangling plot threads. I also have found it pretty odd until this episode why Mitty was so black and white with her lifestyle. At least Yamaken just tells her that she can have a balance in her life since he is successful at it. Having a deadbeat dad who always lets you down would do that to you I guess.

Wait...he has a deadbeat dad? O.O When did that come up?

Hm sorry about that, probably not the best word choice on my part. Unreliable is a better word and I was referring to Mitty
HybridMBLNov 26, 2012 3:50 PM
Nov 26, 2012 3:51 PM

Jul 2010
I don't know which pairing to ship ffs.I would say obvious HaruxShizuku, but then comes Yamaken who showed up to be a great character in this episode.There's Iinchou as well ugh.
SasayanxNatsume all the way though.They are just great and hilarious together :D
About episode itself...amazing as always.Lmao at Haru and crayfish XD ending was pretty nice.I wonder what will Haru do now, knowing that there's chance Yamaken likes Mitty.I sense drama.

5/5 of course.
Nov 26, 2012 3:55 PM

May 2012
Loving the background music... and Yamaken! Poor boy...
Nov 26, 2012 3:58 PM
Oct 2012
Lelouch22 said:
monotonous triangles appear likely to receive a heightened focus throughout the following episodes. .

That is the gist of your complaint, so without giving spoilers: don't worry.
Nov 26, 2012 4:16 PM

May 2012
Oh man, Haru's face at the end, after Yamaken admitted he's in love with Shizuku has far too much emotion. I can't even figure out what it was.
Surprise?
Anger?
Jealousy?
Some sort of combination of those?
I guess we have to wait and see what they'll throw at us next week.
Nov 26, 2012 4:24 PM

May 2011
This is what I like about this anime. Stuff actually happens. So much of it that I can't keep track of it all. Words can't describe how much I love Natsume's character.

Oh, and tsundere male falling for Shizuku? Why are the male rivals in shoujo always blonde?
Nov 26, 2012 4:32 PM

Jul 2011
Oh Haru. >>

Not rooting for MizutanixYamaken, but I really do like Yamaken.

That library scene was great. Loved their thoughts.

And Haru's reaction to Yamaken. :D

LEGOF said:
Oh, and tsundere male falling for Shizuku? Why are the male rivals in shoujo always blonde?

To emphasis that he's from a wealthy family, perhaps? Don't forget he has a little gang too.
Nov 26, 2012 4:41 PM

Nov 2009
FUCKING BITCHES, MAKING MY CUTE LITTLE ASAKO CRY!! Seriously though, that scene broke my heart. ;~;

Haru is a cutie as usual. Him trying to catch a crayfish for Shizuku was incredibly sweet.

Man, Yamaken is adorable. I hate it when I like the rivals, but... I like Yamaken.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Nov 26, 2012 4:48 PM
Oct 2012
Eh... I'm not loving how long it's taking for Shizuku to make a damn decision, it feels like it's dragging on, and it seemed kind of abrupt when Haru just asked Yamaken if he loved Shizuku... Just because he had one of her pencils... And then Yamaken actually said he loved her. I dunno, that scene just seemed a little unrealistic to me.
Okay, people are gonna kill me for this, but I don't really care about Natsume. I honestly felt nothing during that scene with her crying and I don't care about her past.
I still did like the episode overall though! I really like Yamaken. I'm interested in seeing what happens to their love triangle. Hopefully it picks up, I was really loving this series around episode 4-5.
Nov 26, 2012 4:49 PM

May 2011
At least this love triangle isn't annoying, unlike Sukitte, where the antagonizing character is just a complete bitch.
Nov 26, 2012 5:40 PM
Nov 2012
Its beginning to have some rivalry between those two xdd
Nov 26, 2012 5:41 PM
Nov 2012
QuiGonJon said:
Dang it, I want Natsume x Sasayan Dx
I root for them too :D Im actually doing a digital art pic of them as my first pic in digital art :]
Nov 26, 2012 5:48 PM

Jul 2012
Win win Monday. Great episode as usual...
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 26, 2012 5:51 PM

Feb 2012
Let the love rumble begin~

Overall, nice episode :D
Nov 26, 2012 5:57 PM

Jul 2009
Did Mitty... Sing Satsugai in the beginning? :'D
Nov 26, 2012 6:15 PM
Jun 2008
hmm wonder expect love triangle going between shizuku, haru, & blonde guy?

asako seem got troubled past til shades guy come in scare the bully women & shizuku got fired for 6th time yea call the mom explain more shizuku more like her mom.
LIVING THE GS-LIFESTYLE
MR.GS
JUST ON THE JOURNEY THROUGH THE ANIME WORLD
THE KLAC OF ANIME WORLD
you either with ANIME http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 or against the anime
Nov 26, 2012 7:04 PM

Aug 2011
D'awwwwwww, Yamaken. Poor dude ain't got a chance. And am I seeing Natsume and Mi-chan? Isn't Mi-chan like 20-something? Why can't we have Natsume and Sasayan? They're always together.
Nov 26, 2012 7:27 PM

Aug 2008
Never expected Natsume to like Haru's cousin.. o__e I want Sasayan for her~

Suzie said:
Also, tsundere Yamaken!! xD

LOL THIS. Tsundere guy falling for a tsundere girl. I wonder what will happen. 8D
Nov 26, 2012 7:40 PM

Aug 2011
HARU GOT COMPETITION.

Also Natsume is awesome.
Nov 26, 2012 7:50 PM

Dec 2010
Good episode, though i still wonder where they will stop this considering the amount of episodes, them introducing Yamaken but not giving enough episodes to completely give his development...well its been great so far so i'll remain optimistic that they will pace it just fine.
Nov 26, 2012 7:56 PM

Mar 2012
I have long since fallen out of love with this show. Watching for dat Mitty.
LoneWolf said:
@Josh makes me sad to call myself Canadian.
Nov 26, 2012 8:22 PM

Jul 2009
Wait how did Haru - captain clueless - know that he loves her? WtF?
Nov 26, 2012 8:25 PM

Mar 2012
Kurogashi said:
'Cause he had her pen, obviously. If someone drops a pen and you pick it up, it means you're hopelessly in love with them.
LoneWolf said:
Nov 26, 2012 9:06 PM

Jan 2012

lol, cant wait for next week!!!! ^.^ I'm loving this series! :D

Nov 26, 2012 9:09 PM

May 2009
This was a good episode. The only thing that bothered me was those girls going to the same place as Natsume and openly talking about her when they were just feet away from her and she allowing it to happen.

I know some anime characters have these little "sob stories" even though 99 percent of the time it isn't sad at all, just pathetic, like Natsume's. So she hangs out with mostly boys and they are pretty much being bitches about it. She needs to stop being a weak willed and weak minded and confront her. I mean seriously and now it seems like she might like that guy with the sunglasses for whatever reason now.
Nov 26, 2012 9:31 PM

Mar 2012
I was expecting those girls to be all "she only hangs out with guys, what a slut," but literally all they said was "she only hangs out with guys, that's kind of weird."
LoneWolf said:
Nov 26, 2012 9:46 PM
Sep 2012
OH, YEAH! Haru's got some completion.

Post-Josh said:
Kurogashi said:
'Cause he had her pen, obviously. If someone drops a pen and you pick it up, it means you're hopelessly in love with them.
Haru didn't know - which is why he asked him.

He thought that it was odd since that guy followed Shizuku to that spot just to give Haru her pen to give back to her. He then asked her how he got it in the first place and had a gut feeling.
Nov 26, 2012 9:55 PM
Oct 2012
Post-Josh said:
Kurogashi said:

That Yamaken cared to return the pen would have been a clue, he isn't exactly the type of character that would care enough to return something like that. Plus you are forgetting the previous episodes where Yamaken and Mitty were together, Haru has been paranoid about Yamaken for quite a while, much to Mitty's annoyance.

Haru is also the type of person who would blurt out something like that, even if there really wasn't a reason to think so. Haru is pretty much a two channel person, he doesn't have much in emotional shading going on, so various stages of like aren't available to him. He doesn't really think about other people (note that he has hit Mitty twice accidentally in his selfish rages), so he would automatically be suspicious of someone who can think of someone else (like returning a pen, could you honestly see Haru doing that for a friend, being clueless he would forget).

Haru also is in many ways an animal, and when it comes to Mitty (his one connection to humanity), he acts more like a dog than a human. So Mitty being friends with ANY male would attract his jealously.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 24, 2012

478 by Prevesis »»
Apr 18, 1:30 PM

Poll: » Is there going to be a season 2? ( 1 2 )

SalemWitch - Apr 2, 2013

63 by lixiuyue »»
Dec 23, 2023 7:57 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 1, 2012

463 by LANNYPOOPOODONG »»
Oct 20, 2023 7:06 AM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 5, 2012

165 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:42 PM

Poll: » Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 10, 2012

165 by ccrr »»
Aug 19, 2023 10:34 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.