Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 12, 2008 9:17 AM
Jul 2018
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
The teacher's thoughts while announcing they're going to the pool were nice^^
Taiga finally comes up with disliking her body&bust size.. but why does this suddenly matter? It's not like they all look same-sized in their school uniforms or casual clothes :v
And Taiga's hair, indeed she looks like a mouse. Fuka-fuka like Hiro-san, but it doesn't fit Taiga (too big in relation to her body..)
Minorin saved the day, sports>struggle :D
Nov 12, 2008 9:20 AM

Jul 2008

*Mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:28 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 12, 2008 9:53 AM

Dec 2007
HoaRy is awesome, you've beaten angel999 yet again.
Nov 12, 2008 1:15 PM
Jul 2018
There's nothing about beating or winning at first-posting.
I like Toradora!, so I can't wait seeing the next episode - when I have the possibility and time to watch it live, I do.

angel999 said:
WELL NO ONE NOTICED THE FAKE CUPS AT LEAST.

I thought Minorin did? Well, she's the only one who may know they were fake :)
Nov 12, 2008 2:51 PM

Jul 2008
HoaRy said:
There's nothing about beating or winning at first-posting.
I like Toradora!, so I can't wait seeing the next episode - when I have the possibility and time to watch it live, I do.

angel999 said:
WELL NO ONE NOTICED THE FAKE CUPS AT LEAST.

I thought Minorin did? Well, she's the only one who may know they were fake :)

YEAH I MEAN.................SHE DOES NOT CARE EVEN IF KUSHIEDA SAW THEM!

Kimura said:
angel999 said:
Seeing Aisaka's body did not really interest me.

YOUKNOWWHO said:
Aisaka! YOU BETTER THAN YOUR BREASTS! You got a body that AMI NEVER WILL! So BE PROUD AND STAND UP! STAND UP!

BLAH said:
TAIGA IS HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT IN A SWIMSUIT+VERY NICE BEHIND!

MAKE. UP. YOUR. MIND.

Ok HOW ABOUT THIS: I appreciate the shape and body of Aisaka but sexually there is nothing that attracts me to her BECAUSE I care more about her character/feelings and personality. IS THAT BETTER?

AFTER SUBS NOTES:

Does Isoflavone really make breasts bigger??? I wonder...........maybe things like finding a cure for AIDS be better than that crappy breast industry. I mean THE WHOLE BREAST COMPLEX IS STUPID! The whole concept seems to only be there cause MALES LOVE IT apparently.

My point is things could get done better if stupid things like pe*** and breast enlargement research not wasted on such things.

I still say violence=might THEREFORE Aisaka should punch Ami since might=right and this case AISAKA is right!

Kimura said:
angel999 said:
Kimura said:
angel999 said:

YOUKNOWWHO said:
Aisaka! YOU BETTER THAN YOUR BREASTS! You got a body that AMI NEVER WILL! So BE PROUD AND STAND UP! STAND UP!

BLAH said:
TAIGA IS HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT HOT IN A SWIMSUIT+VERY NICE BEHIND!

MAKE. UP. YOUR. MIND.

Ok HOW ABOUT THIS: I appreciate the shape and body of Aisaka but sexually there is nothing that attracts me to her BECAUSE I care more about her character/feelings and personality. IS THAT BETTER?

NOT REALLY. NICE TRY, THOUGH, I GIVE IT A 4/10, GOOD JOB!

YOUR THOUGHTS ARE APPRECIATED.
angel999Nov 13, 2008 11:56 AM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 12, 2008 3:41 PM

Oct 2007
This episode was so hilarious and so hard to concentrate during. I'm even more excited about seeing the internet explode in "FANSERVICE FUCK" rage, from an episode that is perfectly canon.
Nov 12, 2008 5:13 PM

Nov 2007
In the preview, this just screams 'fanservice' heaven. Oh well, I can;'t wait for the subs.

Nov 12, 2008 10:48 PM

Oct 2008
ilifin said:
This episode was so hilarious and so hard to concentrate during. I'm even more excited about seeing the internet explode in "FANSERVICE FUCK" rage, from an episode that is perfectly canon.

Well, I had to say it's amusing. It's in the books though, although I can't say about the books in order to be fair to those who haven't read...

Anywaaayy, hurrah for another day of Ryuuji's "Miracle Hands". His hands are always awesome, can do everything from cooking to cleaning to even saving people from embarassment in the most crucial of times XD
| dA | blog |

He asked us; "Be you angels?" And we said, "NAY! We are but MEN!"
Nov 13, 2008 12:33 AM

Feb 2008
Jesus did these subs ever come out fast.

Anyhow, I enjoyed this episode.
Nov 13, 2008 6:47 AM

Jul 2008
Lol @ Taiga poking Ryuuji's Mom's breasts.

If Inko died, that would be nice too.
Nov 13, 2008 7:04 AM

Jan 2008
Funny episode, although it was a bit predictable that the cup(s) would slip out.

I really hope Inko doesn't die. He's clearly an integral part of this show.
Nov 13, 2008 8:01 AM

Oct 2008
i actualy thought this was a great episode. there was great character development for taiga. now we know that she feels as thouhgh others wont accept her for who she is and tries hard to hide it.
Lucky-Star-6"TIMOTEI, TIMOTEI, TIMOTEI"

Nov 13, 2008 8:04 AM

Aug 2008
Yeah, erm, I guess everyone can tell that Taiga is flat even without asking or going to pool. But seriously, isn't wearing "fake breast ops" or whatever more pitiful than actually being flat? This episode was... creepy?

"Now, lick my shadow" ^^ Nice innerself.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 13, 2008 8:06 AM

Mar 2007
angel999 said:

YOUKNOWWHO said:

BLAH said:

MAKE. UP. YOUR. MIND.
You've come a long way, baby.
Nov 13, 2008 9:05 AM
Apr 2008
Taiga is best. Also, there were so many things in here where she had no reason to do it unless she's tsundere for Ryuuji. ;D Why would she be in an epic battle with Ami otherwise? I guess that's the whole point so most people should understand this, but some people were saying RyuujiXAmi last time and that made me mad! D:< Taiga! Taiga! Taiga mecha kucha kawaii! Taiga mecha kucha moe!
Nov 13, 2008 9:41 AM

Nov 2008
Another nice ep.
I just love Minorin, she is so funny and fun to watch.
Using Taiga to workout her bicep is great, and since she is Taiga's best friend, instantly knowing about the fake breast was not a surpise.
hi
Nov 13, 2008 9:54 AM

Sep 2008
I love Taiga! She's so cute and funny, lol. Her rivalry of sorts with Ami is really funny too, but Ami can be so cruel.
aaronluis26Nov 13, 2008 10:07 AM

Nov 13, 2008 10:36 AM

Dec 2007
hehe funny episode....i must say...i like this anime better in comedy version than as romacne..love and that kind of stuff :P....but it should be more violent and it would be the best :D...
Taiga in this ep was so funny and cute...:D...
I rly love how Ami is so slutty around Ryuuji and other guys :D :D Her inner self was AWESOME :D...i was loling :D....Now lick my shadow! ><....lol
I like taiga without brest better :P.....normaly i lioke big breast....
Kushieda at the end was the best of this ep XD
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Nov 13, 2008 10:55 AM

Mar 2007
angel999 said:
Kimura said:
angel999 said:

YOUKNOWWHO said:

BLAH said:

MAKE. UP. YOUR. MIND.

NOT REALLY. NICE TRY, THOUGH, I GIVE IT A 4/10, GOOD JOB!
You've come a long way, baby.
Nov 13, 2008 12:13 PM

May 2007
You guys are ridiculous lol. Or should I say perverts. :P

Taiga = Cute
Ami = Attractive
Minorin = Love

God they did it again. Toradora brings me the biggest laff every single week. Ryuuji saw the invisible and did the unthinkable. He's fighting da powaa.

Ryuuji pulling Taiga underwater to slip in breast pad = ORIGINAL

Great to see what's going on post-episode 6. Ami still in bitter rivalry against Taiga and Minorin is pacifier and the wisest of them. Every single moment got me. And from here on, I'll just let GIF animation do the talking. (56k warning)

Nov 13, 2008 12:31 PM

Sep 2007
ChiBuki said:
Taiga = Cute
Ami = Attractive
Minorin = Love

QFT.

Liked this episode a lot more than last episode. Every character in Toradora is pretty believable, and I was worried that Ami was going to be the exception, but I really like what they did with her in this episode. I was raging at her right along with Taiga for most of the episode.
Nov 13, 2008 12:43 PM

Aug 2008
So Toradora decided to do a breastjoke ep. Kannagi was better at it last week
Nov 13, 2008 12:49 PM

May 2007
Kvakond said:
Maybe for you. Besides, I don't remember about it in Kannagi.

Let's face it. Toradora features one of the 4 Chibi Tsundere Wonders by Kugimiya Rie. All of them are bound to have DFC jokes.

In an unrelated note, I see a 2channer suggested this in the episode 7 screenshot thread:
Nov 13, 2008 1:07 PM

Sep 2007
Kvakond said:

Well, it dealt with breast sizes, but if you thought it was joking, then you're seriously mistaken. As often as anime uses the subject for fanservice, it's a real issue for some girls. Rather than laughing at Taiga during this episode, I felt bad for her.
Nov 13, 2008 1:22 PM

Feb 2008
Finally this show has reach its flatchest status episode. Usually it goes downhill from there...

I hope this show will be more like Shana.
Nov 13, 2008 1:46 PM

Jul 2008
ChiBuki said:
You guys are ridiculous lol. Or should I say perverts. :P

Taiga = Cute
Ami = Attractive
Minorin = Love

God they did it again. Toradora brings me the biggest laff every single week. Ryuuji saw the invisible and did the unthinkable. He's fighting da powaa.

Ryuuji pulling Taiga underwater to slip in breast pad = ORIGINAL

Great to see what's going on post-episode 6. Ami still in bitter rivalry against Taiga and Minorin is pacifier and the wisest of them. Every single moment got me. And from here on, I'll just let GIF animation do the talking. (56k warning)

Toradora's own eyecendy and sex factor:

Second strike by Takasu. First: Basketball; Second: Mop

Sensei WANTS pool episode and there's no stopping her.

Aspired by Takasu's mom, our Palmtop Tiger seeks for isoflavone for herself.

She doesn't shy away from leashing her thoughts.

Cute mousy hairdo by Minorin~

There's only one thing that Taiga can't stand: the presence of Kitamura

KAWAII MOE DEREDERE BLUSHING TAIGA

Banchou Minorin

Aggravated Taiga

Inko-chan finally had it.

AHAHHAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA! LOL ChiBuki! You are good and the GIF Meister indeed! We should be the GIF/JPEG Brothers! LOL!

MY FAVORITE IS THE MOP/THE MOUSE HAIR/THE BAG ATTACK ON AMI!

The breast touching of Taiga on the mom Ryuuji is GOOD but too perverted for me. :P

naikou said:
Kvakond said:

Well, it dealt with breast sizes, but if you thought it was joking, then you're seriously mistaken. As often as anime uses the subject for fanservice, it's a real issue for some girls. Rather than laughing at Taiga during this episode, I felt bad for her.

Exactly WHY I HATED IT! GIRLS HATE IT! I hate it when THERE IS NO HARMONY! THANK YOU naikou for bringing that POINT!

angel999Nov 13, 2008 4:00 PM
Nov 13, 2008 1:51 PM

Jan 2008
"Stop sexually harassing my mother! Seriously, that was messed up."

lolololol
Nov 13, 2008 3:25 PM

Aug 2008
ChiBuki said:
Let's face it. Toradora features one of the 4 Chibi Tsundere Wonders by Kugimiya Rie. All of them are bound to have DFC jokes.

5 if you count the silver haired girl from this season's incest harem-extravaganza (Yuuhi from Akane-iro ni Somaru Saka if I remember right)
Btw Thanks for the Pic
naikou said:
Kvakond said:

I meant portraying the "rivalry" between small breasted and big breasted girls, and the discomfort and lack of self-confidence the prior usually have. Only my initial term was more compact.
Nov 13, 2008 3:28 PM

Feb 2008
Factor said:
Lol @ Taiga poking Ryuuji's Mom's breasts.

If Inko died, that would be nice too.

qft!

The episode was great.
The summer uniforms are really nice too.
Nov 13, 2008 4:23 PM
Dec 2007
Woah, I didn't expect Ryuuuji to be so bold in the swimming pool scene. Way to go!
Nov 13, 2008 4:24 PM

Jul 2008
great episode.. love the part where taiga 'sexually harrassed' ryuuji's mum.

Nov 13, 2008 5:24 PM

Jan 2008
School swimsuits FTW! Nice episode, but I still like the manga better.
Nov 13, 2008 5:31 PM

Jun 2007
5. I absolutely loved this episode.

AMI! <3
Nov 13, 2008 5:54 PM

Oct 2007
Inko-chan scenes always make me laugh, but that scene where Taiga was poking Ryuugi's mom with chopsticks + what his mom says in response = absolutely hilarious.
Nov 13, 2008 6:50 PM

Nov 2008
Oh gosh. This episode was just dumb :|

Atleast everyone stayed pretty real.
Nov 13, 2008 6:59 PM

Jun 2008
Wonderful episode, poor Taiga, who would have thought she had such weaknesses. Once again I couldn't help but feel sorry for her the whole way through.

For an anime with the "echhi" tag on it, it sure keeps it pretty tame.
Nov 13, 2008 7:04 PM

May 2007
Hm, I'd like point out that I never associate Toradora with ecchi.

In ecchi anime, at least one of the girls acts slutty and is all over the main guy, school girl pre-teens naked and fully exposed, nosebleeds, a pervert dude, censorship, etc. None of these factors exist in Toradora and this romantic comedy is tastefully done, fortunately.
Nov 13, 2008 7:08 PM

Jun 2008
ChiBuki said:

In ecchi anime, at least one of the girls acts slutty and is all over the main guy, school girl pre-teens naked and fully exposed, nosebleeds, a pervert dude, censorship, etc. None of these factors exist in Toradora and this romantic comedy is tastefully done, fortunately.

Agreed, I am just thrilled they decided to go down this direction!
Nov 13, 2008 8:37 PM

Jul 2008
ChiBuki said:

I WILL add Ami gets annoying when she is slutty in this show.

ChiBuki said:
Haha Ami is naturally a conceited person since childhood and normally acts that way towards anyone. If I recall the end of episode 6, Ami was jealous of Taiga. Despite of being a klutz and messed up like she does, she still have friends like Takasu and Minorin. Envious, she asked Ryuuji if she shows him her true nature, will he befriend her? And you know every gifted girls like Ami just have to use their charms to get positive feedback. :P

As far as I'm concerned, both Ami and Taiga are pitiful. And the guys like Ryuuji and Kitamura directs them to the right way.

Actually you sure about the childhood stuff??? I though the stalker screwed her life and thus personality all together. YOU KNOW IN PSYCHOLOGY they say a lot when people have traumatic moments in life they tend to get another personality to take over for them.

I also know this happens often in models/actors/musicians.
angel999Nov 13, 2008 10:42 PM
Nov 13, 2008 8:56 PM

May 2007
Haha Ami is naturally a conceited person since childhood and normally acts that way towards anyone. If I recall the end of episode 6, Ami was jealous of Taiga. Despite of being a klutz and messed up like she does, she still have friends like Takasu and Minorin. Envious, she asked Ryuuji if she shows him her true nature, will he befriend her? And you know every gifted girls like Ami just have to use their charms to get positive feedback. :P

As far as I'm concerned, both Ami and Taiga are pitiful. And the guys like Ryuuji and Kitamura directs them to the right way.
Nov 13, 2008 9:19 PM

Aug 2008
Gosh Taiga is so cute, but I sure wish she'd appreciate Ryuugi more. This anime would be 10 times better if she at least showed him a little affection every now and then instead of just telling him to shut up. He does freaking everything for that girl and she's never once helped him get Minorin.
Romance comedy anime - Japan's gift to America
Nov 13, 2008 9:43 PM

May 2008
Jeez, the guy with glasses is RIPPED! I am seriously surprised at that. (forgot his name sorry...)
Nov 13, 2008 10:06 PM

May 2007
theeggman85 said:
Jeez, the guy with glasses is RIPPED! I am seriously surprised at that. (forgot his name sorry...)
I'm pretty surprised too, haha. But it's in the norm. A tough support character who wears glasses you say?
Nov 13, 2008 10:11 PM

May 2008
ChiBuki said:
theeggman85 said:
I'm pretty surprised too, haha. But it's in the norm. A tough support character who wears glasses you say?

I guess I must be an anime noob, but I still havent seen school rumble. its been on my to watch list for a while, but so are a lot of things... lol
Nov 14, 2008 2:11 AM

Mar 2008
hahaha poor Taiga, or should i say poor Ryuuji since hes gonna get something bad from that semi-molestation XD
Nov 14, 2008 2:38 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
funny episode. i feel bad for Taiga.
p r o f i l e 👀
Nov 14, 2008 10:51 AM

Aug 2008
theeggman85 said:
I guess I must be an anime noob, but I still havent seen school rumble. its been on my to watch list for a while, but so are a lot of things... lol
Same here. Well, not everyone can watch everything.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 14, 2008 11:19 AM

Jan 2008
Taiga's so kind, she could have just told minorin what ryuji and ami was doing. And taiga didn't even fought back against baka chihuahua's stupid provokes.

Toradora just keeps getting better and better, just hope they would slow down a little. can't wait to see how Ryuji and Taiga's relationship grows.
Nov 14, 2008 11:31 AM

Mar 2008
No complaints.

Just one word: Great!

I didn't think this show would turn out to be that good.
Nov 14, 2008 3:03 PM

May 2007
That was actually a very enjoyable episode.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

256 by Pelpav »»
Yesterday, 2:56 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 11, 2009

502 by Seradim »»
Apr 6, 1:19 AM

» Minori Kushieda

LuckyTenth - Feb 21, 2021

9 by MyBliss »»
Apr 2, 3:42 AM

» What's physical diff between kano and ami

atl_nal - Mar 28

7 by Ashikhi »»
Mar 31, 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.