MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Best hardcore violence and gore anime ever >_<

Must be a Club Member to Reply
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
#1
11-12-08, 5:13 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 89
What are the best hardcore violence and gore anime ever and a must see?
 
#2
11-15-08, 8:48 AM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 760
I haven't seen too many ultraviolent animes, but my top 3 would be
1. Elfen Lied
2. Berserk
3. Blue Gender
Modified by hastij04, 02-09-09, 10:06 PM
 
#3
12-02-08, 4:09 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2008
Posts: 833
Elfen Lied has definately got to be the goriest anime ever. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni has some gore in it, and the last episode of School Days is quite gory too(if you look up the uncut version that is). :P
Modified by Higurashi, 12-02-08, 4:16 PM
 
#4
12-22-08, 5:40 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 21
I'd put Hellsing OVA first - definitely the goriest anime I've ever seen! Awww these eyes blown out of the exploding head... @.@ And each episode is more and more violent. Elfen Lied comes second.
 
#5
12-22-08, 11:05 AM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 196
I personally think Mnemosyne was pretty crazy gorey, in 1 of the scenes a chick pierces every part of someones body and slowly rips them out "creating more holes" and theres also angels that eat women alive
 
#6
02-09-09, 10:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 760
Finally watched School Days. Some surprising violence in that one.
 
#7
03-14-09, 5:37 AM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2008
Posts: 78
If I'd make a guess, one of the most violent would be Shigurui. Compared to it, Elfen Lied's unrealistic bloodbath, or Mnemosyne's "hide everything" stuff are nothing.
I'm not talking about swordfights, where Lucy's legcuttings are everyday events, but so nice things such as placing a knife into someone's mouth and cutting of his teeth and half of his face while he is still alive, or breaking someone's skull with bare hands then eating his eyeball, or a complete birth giving. And I'm just touching the top of the iceberg
Also the story and the characters are decent

If you ask me which would be the goriest manga, I'd go with Hell Season (Why isn't it at the club's mangalist?)
 
#8
04-19-09, 9:13 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 107
efperel said:
If I'd make a guess, one of the most violent would be Shigurui. Compared to it, Elfen Lied's unrealistic bloodbath, or Mnemosyne's "hide everything" stuff are nothing.
I'm not talking about swordfights, where Lucy's legcuttings are everyday events, but so nice things such as placing a knife into someone's mouth and cutting of his teeth and half of his face while he is still alive, or breaking someone's skull with bare hands then eating his eyeball, or a complete birth giving. And I'm just touching the top of the iceberg
Also the story and the characters are decent


definitely Shigurui, the first episode already had a scene with a guy who had bandages covering an open wound then he reaches in and pulls out his guts.

this one is top on my list of gore and violence.

btw did I forget to mention the animation is well detailed?
you could see the ridges on the guy's guts. =D

I forgot to mention Claymore, this one is about as gory as elfen lied in terms of body parts getting cut off, shredded and crushed, and bodies being pierced, and a certain beheading of a female character.
did I mention they ate human guts?
Modified by Green_Flame, 04-22-09, 10:59 PM
 
#9
05-01-09, 1:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 12
Baccano! of course! it has a lot of gore almost in every episode!
 
05-30-09, 8:59 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2009
Posts: 128
Higurashi said:
Elfen Lied has definately got to be the goriest anime ever. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni has some gore in it, and the last episode of School Days is quite gory too(if you look up the uncut version that is). :P


Oh god, this shit is fucking laughable! Elfen lied, goriest anime ever? Go watch Genocyber and then come back here with your puke covered shirt and tell me again what you think is the goriest anime ever.

Hahahahaha!
 
06-06-09, 2:13 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 1385
hellsing ova and Le Portrait de Petit Cossette
but they still suck like hell
Modified by neveeeerland, 06-06-09, 2:16 PM
 
06-16-09, 11:01 AM

Offline
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 7
King_Kenshiro said:
Higurashi said:
Elfen Lied has definately got to be the goriest anime ever. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni has some gore in it, and the last episode of School Days is quite gory too(if you look up the uncut version that is). :P


Oh god, this shit is fucking laughable! Elfen lied, goriest anime ever? Go watch Genocyber and then come back here with your puke covered shirt and tell me again what you think is the goriest anime ever.

Hahahahaha!


True. Also, Wicked city is from the same school of oldschool brutal gore, made with lots of imagination for bloodshed.
 
10-12-09, 9:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2009
Posts: 240
I don't get why Elfen Lied is always recommended as some hardcore gorefest. There's not even any action, just chicks walking around while heads fly off. The only entertaining part in the whole series (from a gorehound perspective) is in episode four when loli limbs start to fly. Besides, it's a frikkin love story, no serious violence lovers are going to get into Whatshisface and Nyu's sweet soap opera romance, regardless of how much bloodspray it's sugar-coated with.
 
10-28-09, 3:42 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 3775
ofcourse higurashi :3
 
11-06-09, 9:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 203
Higurashi wasn't honestly that gorey, but when they got gorey they were creative about it :D
 
11-08-09, 4:32 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 14
Um..what about Gantz and Texhnolyze? They are pretty gory, too ^_^
Shigurui is awesome.

My Dragons ^_^

: dead_dreaming
 
11-29-09, 5:52 AM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2008
Posts: 231
Shigurui is awesome, even though I love Elfen Lied, Shigurui is better.

Story, Excitement, Art.
 
12-02-09, 4:31 PM

Offline
Joined: Apr 2008
Posts: 771
1-Shigurui
2-Berserk(honeshly the manga is most gore)
3-Hellsing ultimat ova
 
12-28-09, 3:41 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2009
Posts: 287
imo shigurui is a must see whether u like gore and violence or not. its beautiful, interesting and informative about feudal Japan. my #1 violence and gore
 
01-01-10, 8:10 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 6
Regarding Shigurui...

... i wish i could unwatch that... waste of life... ill never get those 4 hours back...

:(

I was under the impression from others in this group that it was supposed to be fillled with gore and violence... definitely blown out of proportion. and the story was mediocre at best. Ending... aweful.. they never even explain how Fujiki loses an arm and the other becomes a cripple. only the part about him being blind is shown. and they never even show the outcome of the first episode (witch would be ok from an artistic standpoint if the rest of the series had actually lived up to it)... if this is the best bit of violence and gore that anime has to offer.. then i might as well just stick to playing video games to see it, nothing good at all came out of this anime. worst thing i've seen in a long time.

also the fight scenes are few and far between, and the outcome of each is predictable and repetitive.

i joined this group to find something a little more intense. but that was just weak :P

so if anyone has any suggestions for anime titles that actually live up to the name of this club please drop some names. ty :)

(sorry for the poor grammar and spelling tired as krap :P)
:P :p :b d: q:
 
01-13-10, 12:20 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 8
You forgot Happy Tree Friends!
Lol just kidding.
 
02-07-10, 8:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2009
Posts: 161
1. Elfen Lied
2. Higurashi no naku koro ni(/kai/rei sorta..)
3. Umineko no naku koro ni

I can't be bothered to list the rest.

Click the eggs/dragons/Sqiby-Things for the evil bunny master says you have to! >:3
 
02-25-10, 8:34 AM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 95
old school -> violence jack and genocyber
new school -> hellsing ultimate
 
04-01-10, 5:51 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2008
Posts: 19
My Top 3
- Gantz
- Shigurui
- Violence Jack


 
05-22-10, 3:16 PM

Offline
Joined: Aug 2008
Posts: 66
My top 3
-Gantz (acid melting someones body ftw)
-Elfen Lied (first bloody show I watched, giving it a special gory place in my heart)
-Claymore (be it purple or red, sooo much blood)

Higurashi has some violence, but the whole insane girl and constantly rewinding story didn't do it one bit for me. And Umineko... if you just want to watch it for the gore (which is censored) then just skip ahead to those parts and don't bother with the rest, it was the most painful show I've had to watch.
 
11-03-10, 9:03 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2010
Posts: 54
Higurashi No Naku is the goriest anime i've seen, also Claymore is REALLY voilent, even the manga has a fair bit of blood n gore (shame iz b&w dou) xD

 
11-06-10, 3:27 PM

Offline
Joined: Jan 2010
Posts: 62
OMG when you think Elfen Lied and Higurashi are the Gorest Animes you can also look at some parts of Bleach ore something like. . .

And everybody has forgotten Afro Samurai and Beating Angel Dokuro-Chan xD

I think Dokuro is one of the best gore Animes ever because of the Jokes.


And sorry for my bad english
<img src="http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/1196/touhougfkopie.jpg" />
 
11-08-10, 7:32 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2009
Posts: 544
Higurashi
Umineko
Blue Gender
Elfen Lied
Berserk

As for Manga, I LOVED Battle Royale. Not the most violent or gorey manga, but there was a good mix. I enjoy survival stories.
 
12-22-10, 3:53 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 82
King_Kenshiro said:
Higurashi said:
Elfen Lied has definately got to be the goriest anime ever. Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni has some gore in it, and the last episode of School Days is quite gory too(if you look up the uncut version that is). :P


Oh god, this shit is fucking laughable! Elfen lied, goriest anime ever? Go watch Genocyber and then come back here with your puke covered shirt and tell me again what you think is the goriest anime ever.

Hahahahaha!


OMG , Katsuki Masako and Kumiko Nishihara in it, I sure have to see it
Thank you so much
 
01-13-12, 9:39 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2011
Posts: 1
Genocyber. Mhm.
 
02-02-12, 3:19 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2011
Posts: 1
Anime:
- Violence Jack: Evil Town
- Genocyber

Manga:
- Koroshiya Ichi (SUPER MUST SEE)
- Berserk
- MPD Psycho
 
05-09-12, 1:24 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2011
Posts: 69
1- midori shoujo tsubaki: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lt0lt6WaSwE
2- genocyber: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Myq5jE8Bno8
3- devilman
4- violence jack
5- baoh http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VDDdzPFGog
6- hellsing
7- urotsukidoji
8- angel cop
9- tokko
10- fist of the north star
11- higurashi no naku koro ni
12- gantz
13- mnemosyne
14- strait jacket
15- shigurui
 
10-28-12, 3:38 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 1
Glad people stopped talking about Elfien Lied or w.e the hell it is xD
I was starting to think me as an anime newb had higher standard of actual badass content then everyone else but, Seems like i got more then enough to keep my busy in the end

thanks !!

FUCK YOU ELFIEN LIED go kill yourself
 
12-04-12, 10:38 AM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2012
Posts: 33
The first 3 episodes of Genocyber
So you say you're under a curse? So what? So's the whole damn world. - Jigo
 
12-27-12, 10:29 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 29
I think Genocyber,Elfen Lied,Blood-C,Hellsing,Gantz ..Oh! Shigurui as well.
Elfen Lied..normal for me -..- school days just violent..not gore.
Higurashi just violent to..but some scenes were very disturbing too watch .__.
 
02-01-13, 4:49 AM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 1
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Blood-C. I just finished watching it and if what you want is some violence and gore, this one's a good one. Don't wanna sift through the entire anime? At least watch the last episode where shit gets 'bloody' crazy.
 
03-08-13, 11:41 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2013
Posts: 1
well,there's Deadmanwonderland... it's a pretty good story. and people are getting cutted in pieces for entertainment.
 
03-26-13, 1:12 PM

Offline
Joined: Nov 2011
Posts: 5814
Flayer6669 said:
Regarding Shigurui...

... i wish i could unwatch that... waste of life... ill never get those 4 hours back...

:(

I was under the impression from others in this group that it was supposed to be fillled with gore and violence... definitely blown out of proportion. and the story was mediocre at best. Ending... aweful.. they never even explain how Fujiki loses an arm and the other becomes a cripple. only the part about him being blind is shown. and they never even show the outcome of the first episode (witch would be ok from an artistic standpoint if the rest of the series had actually lived up to it)... if this is the best bit of violence and gore that anime has to offer.. then i might as well just stick to playing video games to see it, nothing good at all came out of this anime. worst thing i've seen in a long time.

also the fight scenes are few and far between, and the outcome of each is predictable and repetitive.

i joined this group to find something a little more intense. but that was just weak :P

so if anyone has any suggestions for anime titles that actually live up to the name of this club please drop some names. ty :)

(sorry for the poor grammar and spelling tired as krap :P)
Wow most of you guys dont know shit about gore! This is depressing. The Gory animes are stuff like Devilman, Violence Jack, Genocyber, Hokuto no Ken Movie, but the best is Urotsukidoji.
Let's put weird and weird together, and make it even weirder! Weird, weird space is super-weird!
 
07-17-13, 2:11 PM

Offline
Joined: Oct 2012
Posts: 9
Fist Of The North Star is a classic..... 152 episodes of heads exploding and people being torn to ribbons. It may not be as graphic as todays Anime, but you won't find a series with a higher body count.


from the series


from the movie
 
08-17-13, 9:50 PM

Offline
Joined: Dec 2011
Posts: 4
Attack on titan
claymore
 
08-26-13, 8:23 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2013
Posts: 4
Well i just finished watching the anime adaptation of the Corpse Party games and well that was the best gore filled anime I've seen yet ^ ^ i really frikken enjoyed it <3 <3
 
09-11-13, 3:40 PM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2011
Posts: 6
Those who say Elfen Lied and Higurashi are gore, or the goriest they have ever seen, never saw Corpse Party: Tortured Souls.. :)
 
10-11-13, 12:59 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2012
Posts: 63
Wow I love how Blood - C was never mentioned..................................... Now it is
Death
Feels like losing all five senses &
Being or maybe not able to have thoughts,

Enjoi
 
01-28-14, 7:03 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 118
Kara no Kyoukai 5: Mujun Rasen

Is the best gore I've ever seen. I love it.
 
02-03-14, 11:13 PM

Offline
Joined: Jul 2013
Posts: 132
kUshPandA_ENJOi said:
Wow I love how Blood - C was never mentioned..................................... Now it is


IKR, altough theonly episode that wasn't boring was the last one c: Giant rabbits ftw!
 
02-18-14, 6:55 PM

Offline
Joined: May 2012
Posts: 325
 
04-23-14, 7:52 PM

Offline
Joined: Sep 2012
Posts: 56
Apocalypse Zero...I liked it too. The suit he wears is awesome.
"There is no knowledge that is not power" - Ralph Waldo Emerson
 
05-09-14, 8:38 AM

Offline
Joined: May 2014
Posts: 1
my type of anime with gore+ a bit of romance..dont know if its work for everyone..xD
1-Elfen Lied
2-Mirai Nikki
3-Shingeki no Kyojin
4-Psycho Pass
5-Gantz
 
06-11-14, 1:44 PM

Offline
Joined: Jun 2014
Posts: 1
My personnal favorite is and will always be Berserk,
2- Another
3- Akira
4- Ninja scroll
5- Elfen lied
6- Claymore
7- Afro Samurai
8- Psycho-pass
9- Baccano
10- Higurashi

So yes the "mainstream" gory animes are in my list but then again I included some personnal favorites in there :D maybe not the most gory but the best !
 
06-21-14, 5:14 AM

Offline
Joined: Mar 2009
Posts: 6
DragonQuest3 said:
Flayer6669 said:
Regarding Shigurui...

... i wish i could unwatch that... waste of life... ill never get those 4 hours back...

:(

I was under the impression from others in this group that it was supposed to be fillled with gore and violence... definitely blown out of proportion. and the story was mediocre at best. Ending... aweful.. they never even explain how Fujiki loses an arm and the other becomes a cripple. only the part about him being blind is shown. and they never even show the outcome of the first episode (witch would be ok from an artistic standpoint if the rest of the series had actually lived up to it)... if this is the best bit of violence and gore that anime has to offer.. then i might as well just stick to playing video games to see it, nothing good at all came out of this anime. worst thing i've seen in a long time.

also the fight scenes are few and far between, and the outcome of each is predictable and repetitive.

i joined this group to find something a little more intense. but that was just weak :P

so if anyone has any suggestions for anime titles that actually live up to the name of this club please drop some names. ty :)

(sorry for the poor grammar and spelling tired as krap :P)
Wow most of you guys dont know shit about gore! This is depressing. The Gory animes are stuff like Devilman, Violence Jack, Genocyber, Hokuto no Ken Movie, but the best is Urotsukidoji.


I have seen all of those and maybe that is why my expectations are so high... kuz i guess i always thought that was what normal should be lol, what i am looking for i still have never found. it's always lacking, sure genocyber has a ton of gore, but its not really feasible, it just doesn't seem real. kind of like playing mortal kombat when you kill a guy and for some reason six rib cages fly across the screen ? like really? you can paint the whole damn canvas red with blood but thats just a color, and the texture from exploding organs in genocyber loses it's value when it's an unrealistic amount, and even when a series tries to get the realism down, they end up sacrificing artistic quality or go out of their way to hide half of it. I WANT IT ALL, i want high quality animation from artists who KNOW WHAT THEIR DRAWING, none of the half assed blood scenes from that crapfest elfen lied , i want freaking detail, i want to see every damn muscle tearing and bone crushing in a realistic manner down to the very sound it should make. no bullshit flashes or shadows hiding things. Realistic non-stop carnage in unfiltered high quality. but sadly i have found nothing to meet those standards :(
:P :p :b d: q:
 
Top
Pages (2) [1] 2 »