Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Say I Love You.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Nov 27, 2012 12:21 PM

Jun 2008
Yoruko- said:

Theres a lot of hidden superficiality in this series you'll miss if you get allured by the 'magic'..

I know what you mean. I still have to pause and laugh sometimes because of the whole "sparkles and bubbles" approach most shoujo anime takes to this subject.
Nov 27, 2012 1:38 PM

Jan 2012
Douche Yamato. Mei should have broke up at that point to make him suffer.
Nov 27, 2012 3:02 PM

Jun 2008
@ Yoruko-:
Face_FaithNov 27, 2012 3:22 PM
Nov 27, 2012 4:52 PM

Jun 2008
Forgot to mention this, but i'm pretty sure that the new guy will fall in love with Mei and then Yamato will be jealous and the roles will be reversed x]
Nov 27, 2012 8:59 PM

Aug 2010
The new guy seems pretty interesting, I'm sure he'll add to the drama. And I can't stand Megumi she is so damn annoying.

Overall it was a great episode.
Nov 28, 2012 1:49 AM

Sep 2011
deathxempress said:
tsubasalover said:
I can understand why everyone's saying negative things to Yamato, but like the title said, both of them are just beginners to falling in love, plus Yamato is just nice to everyone in the personality.

Wasn't mentioned earlier that Yamato had a first love whom he never kissed? I do not think he is that much of a beginner.

but that was a crush not love
Nov 28, 2012 1:52 AM

Sep 2011
I like Kai he seems like a good person :) oh yeah Aiko is great <3
Nice episode 5/5 ^^
Nov 28, 2012 4:43 AM

Nov 2011
@ Face_Faith

Face_Faith said:
@ Yoruko-:

YorukkoNov 28, 2012 4:57 AM
Nov 28, 2012 6:33 AM

Jun 2008
^ I feel like I wrote all that for nothing... Whatever, I'm glad I took the time to think more about everything in SINY, I feel like I like this series more now, lol. At the same time, to be honest I cannot find much worth replying in your post... :S Except for those superficial dreams maybe, as the author digs up almost each character's past and personality which leaves no room for such a thing. But to sum it up, this series being realistic or not might depend on what you consider realistic so it's a subjective matter. Still, whether this "hope" or "fantasy" for the readers is intentional or not -- since whether the author likes it or not, the main couple's relationship at the very least seeming that way is a by-product -- with the author's note I linked to earlier, the main point being a "fantasy" is wrong. Even if I tried my best to look at it this way, there is no focus on such a thing whatsoever, either.
Nov 28, 2012 12:46 PM
Mar 2012
Yamato asked her twice if everything was ok and she declined and told him he was creepy for looking at her and wanting to kiss her. She's lying to everyone around her and then accusing him of not being honest with her. What a bitch. At least she realizes it. On the other hand, maybe that's worse: behaving like a douche while knowing about it.
Yamato may be clueless and thoughtless, but at least he started acting and changed something as soon as he realized.

Why is everyone jumping on every fault Yamato makes and ignoring Mei's behaviour?
Nov 28, 2012 1:53 PM

Nov 2008
Their communication problems really irritates me. Another thing, Mei is just SO quiet. I really hope that she'll open up more for Yamato so she'll be able to tell him things that makes her sad. The ending of the episode was really great though, seems like they got much closer now.
I also loved to see Yamato show so much emotions, he seemed so afraid to lose Mei.
Nov 29, 2012 7:22 AM

Nov 2011
Face_Faith said:
^ I feel like I wrote all that for nothing... Whatever, I'm glad I took the time to think more about everything in SINY, I feel like I like this series more now, lol. At the same time, to be honest I cannot find much worth replying in your post... :S Except for those superficial dreams maybe, as the author digs up almost each character's past and personality which leaves no room for such a thing. But to sum it up, this series being realistic or not might depend on what you consider realistic so it's a subjective matter. Still, whether this "hope" or "fantasy" for the readers is intentional or not -- since whether the author likes it or not, the main couple's relationship at the very least seeming that way is a by-product -- with the author's note I linked to earlier, the main point being a "fantasy" is wrong. Even if I tried my best to look at it this way, there is no focus on such a thing whatsoever, either.

Its ok you don't have to reply I already succeeded to your points anyway and said we would just agree to disagree. It ok everyone has their own opinion. I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to when you mention fantasy. If you're talking about when I said its the fantasy of most girls that no matter how plain and ordinary they are even if they have a poor personality their rich handsome prince will save them and love them and make them better, then yes hard to image a girl who would not want this scenario and that is exactly what this series bottom lines to. Sure there are alot of backstories, and character development, and plot revelations that stir up peoples emotions. But the bottom line is the same as it is in the 100 other anime and dramas I could probably name off the top of my head aimed at fantasizing girls that have the same plot. Plain ordinary bad manners antisocial outcast girl ends up with rich (theres always rich) handsome beautiful great heart guy all the other girls want but can't get who sees her for the diamond in the rough she may not even realize she is. Since you are liking this story more and more I can literally link you to at least 15 or 20 more just like it so you can enjoy those too. In fact if you're watching this then you're probably also watching Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun which is also airing this season which is pretty much the exact same setup, anti social girl pushing away the most beautiful guy in the school but he still loves her and is chasing after her. Check it out. Its the same thing, that series at least has some comedy though you can enjoy while watching the stereotypical girl rich guy fantasy. Also if you watch drama watch anything Maki Horikta has been in. Its also the same exact setup. I think one of her last ones she was actually a homeless girl who ended up in a whole house of beautiful men and ofc her inner beauty shined through her rags and they made her into a beautiful girl who ended up with the rich handsome guy. Sorry but Sukitte is a clone of hundreds of other series just like it, mainly dramas. Which is why girls typically like drama more than anime.
As far as the realism you mentioned, I'll make you a deal. If you in real life start acting overly dramatic and antisocial don't care much about dressing up your appearance ect and two beautiful models come into your life and fall in love with you, fight for you, then I will conclude that you were right and I was wrong. In fact if that happens to me, or anyone in this forum, or any of your friends and family, or anyone else you know, or if even you hear about it from someone who told someone who told someone and no one can remember who the actual people involved were then I will still accept it.
Nov 29, 2012 11:35 AM

Sep 2011
Hoping for MeiXKai, although I know that won't happen.
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Nov 29, 2012 12:14 PM

Dec 2008
I'll admit it. I shed manly tears at the end, there.

That revelation of where the two of them are in their relationship was very well done and especially touching. Mei's final comment was really revealing, and gives a whole new way of looking at their relationship.
Nov 30, 2012 7:20 AM
Sep 2012
The bakery scene was funny.
Nov 30, 2012 7:26 AM

Sep 2012
JennyEsquire said:
Hoping for MeiXKai, although I know that won't happen.

why? that would not feel right at all.....

mei is a recluse and yamato helped her break that shell for another guy to come and take her away is like............taking her virginity if that makes any sense to you lol

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 30, 2012 2:21 PM

Jun 2008
Yoruko- said:
Its ok you don't have to reply I already succeeded to your points anyway and said we would just agree to disagree. It ok everyone has their own opinion. I'm not exactly sure what you're referring to when you mention fantasy. If you're talking about when I said its the fantasy of most girls that no matter how plain and ordinary they are even if they have a poor personality their rich handsome prince will save them and love them and make them better, then yes hard to image a girl who would not want this scenario and that is exactly what this series bottom lines to. Sure there are alot of backstories, and character development, and plot revelations that stir up peoples emotions. But the bottom line is the same as it is in the 100 other anime and dramas I could probably name off the top of my head aimed at fantasizing girls that have the same plot. Plain ordinary bad manners antisocial outcast girl ends up with rich (theres always rich) handsome beautiful great heart guy all the other girls want but can't get who sees her for the diamond in the rough she may not even realize she is. Since you are liking this story more and more I can literally link you to at least 15 or 20 more just like it so you can enjoy those too. In fact if you're watching this then you're probably also watching Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun which is also airing this season which is pretty much the exact same setup, anti social girl pushing away the most beautiful guy in the school but he still loves her and is chasing after her. Check it out. Its the same thing, that series at least has some comedy though you can enjoy while watching the stereotypical girl rich guy fantasy. Also if you watch drama watch anything Maki Horikta has been in. Its also the same exact setup. I think one of her last ones she was actually a homeless girl who ended up in a whole house of beautiful men and ofc her inner beauty shined through her rags and they made her into a beautiful girl who ended up with the rich handsome guy. Sorry but Sukitte is a clone of hundreds of other series just like it, mainly dramas. Which is why girls typically like drama more than anime.
As far as the realism you mentioned, I'll make you a deal. If you in real life start acting overly dramatic and antisocial don't care much about dressing up your appearance ect and two beautiful models come into your life and fall in love with you, fight for you, then I will conclude that you were right and I was wrong. In fact if that happens to me, or anyone in this forum, or any of your friends and family, or anyone else you know, or if even you hear about it from someone who told someone who told someone and no one can remember who the actual people involved were then I will still accept it.

I never assumed I was obligated to, rather I chose to. Yes, everyone has one, which is why I don't care about the realism matter anymore as it might have to do with one's point of view, although it's not like there's nothing to argue about. However, you also claimed that this series' point was to create those fantasies for the female readers which is not a matter of opinion. The mangaka either decided this is the point or not (the anime producers' stance is of course different as they're different people, but changing the message would be a bad idea for any series, so that's unlikely...). Now we are not in the place to ask her or the anime staff, however I think it's obvious from reading/watching it, but even if you disagree with that there is still the note of the author which clearly states why she wanted to create this work. If she had wanted to make girls believe "beautiful, rich [...] guys will come your way no matter what kind of [bad] personality you have", she would have clearly used Megumi as the protagonist as she's a character bad traits have been attributed to purposely what the reader/watcher is expected to dislike. That would be a much better example than using Mei. Yes, that's what I meant by "fantasy". Even if they'd meet a nice guy at some point, I think anyone would prefer a life without bullying and all that. But that's not for me to decide, and even if they'd prefer a life like Mei's, preferring it doesn't mean that Yamato, Mei and possibly others were designed the way they have been for this purpose. The focus is on their pasts and all that, there was never one on making Yamato the fantasy of the female readers. Unless we're watching different anime...? Now that would explain everything. But if there's something to back up that statement of yours, I'd be eager to hear read it. How does she have bad manners? I said I liked it more after finding out about all these connections the author created which was obvious during typing the reply, in other words I wasn't talking about those delusions you keep writing about (that behaviour reminds me of another user with a very similar provocative and mocking choice of words. For some reason I keep encountering them... ಠ_ಠ); I initially didn't think everything was connected like this, that's something many if not most other shoujo/romance manga don't have. So you usually read this kind of thing to criticise it later on? How amusing. No, I'll have to pass on that, I prefer choosing what I read/watch by myself and aside from that, my PTR list consists of almost 1600 entries so there's more than enough already. No, I started reading the manga and watched a few episodes, however I feel like continuing neither as it didn't pique my interest. You seem to know a lot about this "same" kind of anime, I wonder how you don't get disappointed by that. How can you tell Mei (who you're obviously referring to) never cared about her appearance? Not being the most beautiful person on this planet (as she was only referred to as not particularly pretty at first) doesn't mean you don't care about your appearance, after all she did plan to have her hair cut which suggests the opposite of your assumption. Two models? So now Megumi has fallen in love with Mei, too? As I mentioned earlier, I'm not really bothered by the question whether this is a realistic series or not anymore and aside from that, I wouldn't go to such great lengths just to have someone agree with me which wouldn't make any difference to me, anyway.
Nov 30, 2012 3:22 PM
Jun 2011
Dec 2, 2012 3:38 AM

Jun 2010
This show is way too dramatic for me. That last scene made me want to rip my hair out.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Dec 2, 2012 11:06 AM

Nov 2011
Face_Faith said:
Yoruko- said:

I never assumed I was obligated to, rather I chose to. Yes, everyone has one, which is why I don't care about the realism matter anymore as it might have to do with one's point of view, although it's not like there's nothing to argue about. However, you also claimed that this series' point was to create those fantasies for the female readers which is not a matter of opinion. The mangaka either decided this is the point or not (the anime producers' stance is of course different as they're different people, but changing the message would be a bad idea for any series, so that's unlikely...). Now we are not in the place to ask her or the anime staff, however I think it's obvious from reading/watching it, but even if you disagree with that there is still the note of the author which clearly states why she wanted to create this work. If she had wanted to make girls believe "beautiful, rich [...] guys will come your way no matter what kind of [bad] personality you have", she would have clearly used Megumi as the protagonist as she's a character bad traits have been attributed to purposely what the reader/watcher is expected to dislike. That would be a much better example than using Mei. Yes, that's what I meant by "fantasy". Even if they'd meet a nice guy at some point, I think anyone would prefer a life without bullying and all that. But that's not for me to decide, and even if they'd prefer a life like Mei's, preferring it doesn't mean that Yamato, Mei and possibly others were designed the way they have been for this purpose. The focus is on their pasts and all that, there was never one on making Yamato the fantasy of the female readers. Unless we're watching different anime...? Now that would explain everything. But if there's something to back up that statement of yours, I'd be eager to hear read it. How does she have bad manners? I said I liked it more after finding out about all these connections the author created which was obvious during typing the reply, in other words I wasn't talking about those delusions you keep writing about (that behaviour reminds me of another user with a very similar provocative and mocking choice of words. For some reason I keep encountering them... ಠ_ಠ); I initially didn't think everything was connected like this, that's something many if not most other shoujo/romance manga don't have. So you usually read this kind of thing to criticise it later on? How amusing. No, I'll have to pass on that, I prefer choosing what I read/watch by myself and aside from that, my PTR list consists of almost 1600 entries so there's more than enough already. No, I started reading the manga and watched a few episodes, however I feel like continuing neither as it didn't pique my interest. You seem to know a lot about this "same" kind of anime, I wonder how you don't get disappointed by that. How can you tell Mei (who you're obviously referring to) never cared about her appearance? Not being the most beautiful person on this planet (as she was only referred to as not particularly pretty at first) doesn't mean you don't care about your appearance, after all she did plan to have her hair cut which suggests the opposite of your assumption. Two models? So now Megumi has fallen in love with Mei, too? As I mentioned earlier, I'm not really bothered by the question whether this is a realistic series or not anymore and aside from that, I wouldn't go to such great lengths just to have someone agree with me which wouldn't make any difference to me, anyway.

If you don't want to keep encountering them maybe you shouldn't quote them?
Ok obviously your feelings are hurt so we'll end the conversation here. I'm not going to return insults back and forth over anime =_=. Its a shoujo series aimed specifically at young girls where a nobody girl gets the most handsome rich popular guy in school to fall in love with her. If you can't see whats obvious here then I can't help you. Id assume and hope most can see the stereotypical setup aimed specifically at them to get their money and just enjoy it anyway for what it is,[like how guys know a harem anime where its one guy and lots of girls after him is a stereotypical setup aimed specifically for guys to buy, they know it and buy it anyway but at least they realize their fantasies are obviously being targeted.] but to say this shoujo is something so much more and deep and meaningful when again, [its a story aimed at young girls + nobody girl gets beautiful popular guy] I think is exactly what the author and animators want little girl fans to believe as they are collecting their money. Of course the author is not going to outwardly say, hey everyone, I know girls with low self esteem or who feel like they are nobodys will love to be in/fantasize over/read about a situation where the most beautiful popular rich guy in the school falls in love with them because he was wow'd over how you kicked him and fell head over heels for you. So Im writing this story because its so obvious it'll be popular to a certain demographic and type of girl.

The reason the other girl was not chosen over Mei is because girls are not like her and can't relate. Shes really cute, bubbly personality, big breasts, cares about and tries to help her friends, tries her best to be hopeful and optimistic, tries to smile through her hard times, and gets a regular guy, not the most beautiful or cool acting, to fall in love with her and she accepts. Who will buy that manga?????? Most girls can't relate to her no. So the manga is about a PLAIN girl nothing fancy or special or overly cute, plain boyish body, no friends the few she does talk to she pushes off even when they worry over her, shes pessimistic overly dramatic can't critically think or understand why people are the way they are and learn how to get some people skills, instead just sulks and whines and turns her back on people and the world, can't deal with problems, but still gets the most beautiful popular guy being lazy not having to try hard or do anything special to get the most amazing guy in school to notice her, the most effort she puts in is actually pushing him away. No visible good points, doesn't even need to know how to cook, doesn't have to try to be cute, oh she cut her hair but that was after he was already desperately chasing her. And no matter how lazy, how little effort, how little it took for him to fall for her, how plain, how overly dramatic, how terrible her people skills, and poorly she treats her friends, how much she can't handle her own people problems, ect ect this amazing guy still chases and chases and chases her. NO MATTER WHAT. Now which of those two setups do you think is relateable to how girls really are and dream of? Which one do you think is going to sell better? Can you seriously not see why girls love this manga and why is popular? Of course they will throw in backstories and "meaningful" reasons to explain away the superficiality, obvious targeting, and stereotypical setup and the purpose of that is to make girls feel comfortable accepting their superficial fantasies giving them an excuse to indulge in their prince charming dreams, I guess most girls dont care about realism as long as it involves prince charming. Sugar coating it making it seem like theres more meaning than their actually is when they don't realize their subconscious is being filled with this worthless beautiful rich popular guy theme. Which I see works with some people.

I don't get disappointed because I don't usually care enough to continue watching obviously pandering stories like this. I continued with this one because I am open minded and try not to judge a book by its cover and give things a chance, but it ended up being as predictable as all other series like it. Nothing new here. I'll finish it but only because I don't like to strt so many episodes in and not finish it. Or some stories even though it has the same theme may be unique and compelling in other ways. Or like in the situation is tonari no kaibutsukun its at least funny and fun to watch even if your not a 10 year old girl fantasizing and waiting for rich prince charming. I'm not talking about Megumi Im talking about the new guy character who wanted her charm I said I thought maybe I read a spoiler that he falls in love with her too. Are you even reading what I write or just thinking about what you want to say regardless. Im not trying to get you to agree with me, in fact I want you to keep your current mindset because I can write a story just as obvious and a character just as stereotypical as Mei and I want your money. So keep your way of thinking so I can count on your sale in the future. People like you are no different than TWILIGHT fans lol. And twilight made millions so yeah I need to start taking fantasizing girls money like this too. If they don't care about realism then loser anti social girl, beautiful popular guy is what it takes than its what I'll start writing lol. Which I'm sure was the same thinking as Sukiites author.

Maybe your point would be stronger if it wasn't for the fact I could names dozens of series just like this.
Why don't you ask yourself why most romance Shoujo manga, anime, and romance dramas involve a plain girl by some strange miracle set of circumstances getting the beautiful popular cool acting rich guy all the girls love. Why you are defending this story thats been done hundreds of times before, and actually done more realistically and in a way it doesn't have to target young immature minded 10-18 year old girls, I'll never understand. Well actually I do understand, you're just another twilight-like fan. At least twilight was more fun to watch than this though haha.
Dec 2, 2012 11:08 AM

Sep 2012
holy wall of text
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Praise the Oppai ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Dec 2, 2012 12:55 PM

Jun 2012
Just rip my heart out and tear it to shreds.
That's the best way I can convey my feelings about this crap ;___;

A perfect title for this episode: "New To Love." Cause none of them know wtf they're doing.
Dec 3, 2012 3:58 PM
Oct 2012
Anna_Hiwatari said:
When he started to cry I totally broke!
damn these feels!! ;A;
me too :/
Dec 4, 2012 7:29 AM

Oct 2012
Weird ending sentence. "Amateurs in love"? Wasn't Yamato idol of all girls before? He should have more experience with dating them.
Dec 4, 2012 9:12 AM

Jun 2008
@ Yoruko-:

Although I never said I didn't want to encounter them, I would never discuss if I simply backed off because people disagree with me ._. At some point I added them to the ignore list because there was no use talking and others had the same problem with them, but there's nothing wrong with trying before that. But if the quoting bothers you so much, you can ignore it just as well...
Even though you say that, clearly there's a huge wall of text behind this. So I guess I'll reply. And that's just the way of talking to someone I pointed out *shrugs* Isn't the one who feels that way you rather than me? After all, it seems that was still stuck in your head even though it was somewhere in the middle of my text.
I already explained the necessity of that earlier in the long text with the many spoilers, but it seems you don't care. If that was how it is, there wouldn't be any note at all.

There are as many girls like Mei as there are like Megumi, personality-wise at the least, although there may be more like Megumi however only less extreme. Is that description about Megumi or a character you just made up? o.o If it's Megumi, then you may ask yourself that question as you are the one who said this series is supposed to show that no matter how bad the female reader's personality (+ looks, but changing that along with her importance in the story isn't a problem) is, she'll get some handsome, rich and popular guy or whatever. So you're saying that most girls are plain? ._. Thanks for that unreasonable description, but it's not really needed... If you had watched episode 9, you would already know Yamato's point of view concerning Mei and her traits, Instead all that remains is your exaggerated negative opinion. I won't even point every single thing out (again)... No, you said the aim of this manga was to demonstrate or make the female readers believe that despite many negative traits, they'd end up with a handsome, rich and popular guy just like it happens with the characters in the series. Showing that is easier using Megumi rather than Mei because the former is introduced as a bad person. As I said, there was never any sort of focus on such a thing -- unlike on the pasts and all that. And how can Yamato be a "Prince Charming" if he himself has a past he (or anyone) rather wouldn't have?

You bring up "don't judge a book by its cover" even though all you see is "female loner meets Prince Charming" concerning this manga. ._. But Kai isn't a model... He doesn't even look like one. Although that might be just me... As I mentioned earlier, what keeps me reading (watching) this isn't the "female loner meets Prince Charming" concept you see but the teenagers' connections, their pasts, how they develop etc. It's the author's way to portray (their) youth that interests me. I've neither read/watched that nor do I know what the fans of Twilight are like, so I wouldn't know. *shrugs* I'll be looking forward to the results~

If there are so many series similar to this one as in sharing a female protagonist who doesn't have any friends, isn't particularly pretty etc. and a handsome, popular, rich male character who ends up with her, there is not really a problem with that. The fact that there are many series like that might mean that this setting is popular or whatever, but it doesn't indicate that the author of this series intended to have the effect on her (female) readers you claim it has. Again, this is about Sukitte Ii Na Yo, not some other manga. That has no relation to this whatsoever. If I believe I'm right, I will naturally state why. Yeah, using an ad hominem attack made your post so much more mature. Of course it did. ¬_¬
Dec 4, 2012 8:33 PM

Sep 2008
Wow, this anime sure likes to make problems out of nothing.
Dec 7, 2012 2:05 AM

Nov 2009
why do every shoujo anime have hottest guy, charming prince as a mc? Couldn't he be a normal boy, who first falling in love?

And, this just keep dragging on, problems from the tiniest misunderstanding. This follows common, cliche shoujo route.
Dec 7, 2012 11:46 AM

Nov 2011

5layer said:
Wow, this anime sure likes to make problems out of nothing.

Takana_no_Hana said:
why do every shoujo anime have hottest guy, charming prince as a mc? Couldn't he be a normal boy, who first falling in love?

And, this just keep dragging on, problems from the tiniest misunderstanding. This follows common, cliche shoujo route.
Dec 7, 2012 2:05 PM

Jun 2008
^ Not sure what you're trying to say...
Dec 7, 2012 5:33 PM

Nov 2011
It seems you're not sure what anyone is trying to say other than yourself. Anyway lets end it there, nice chat.
Dec 8, 2012 1:00 PM

Sep 2009
it's all your fault Yamato! you should stop being kind to everyone .. I hate that bitch Megumi! Poor Mei.. I hope that blonde guy would make Yamato jealous so that he will realize how important Mei is!
Dec 9, 2012 5:21 AM
Dec 2012
i love the end of this episode..wow never expected yamato to cry..its kinda..hmm..but yeah,still lovin it~
Love Love Is In The Air ~ Chu Chu Chu ;)
Dec 9, 2012 5:25 AM
Dec 2012
MayuChan97 said:
chu chu chu ~ love is in the air ~
Love Love Is In The Air ~ Chu Chu Chu ;)
Dec 9, 2012 6:06 AM

Jan 2010
Takana_no_Hana said:

Because it helps fulfill us girls' delusional fantasies that one day some super-hot guy will sweep us off our feet.
Do you know Oyashiro-sama?
Dec 11, 2012 5:14 AM
Jul 2018
I really like this anime, its realistic at times. I thought that Mei would run away and cry (like every other shoujo anime girl does) when Yamato came to her.
I think I should stop comparing this series to other shows because this one is very different :)
Dec 12, 2012 6:07 AM

Jun 2008
Yoruko- said:
It seems you're not sure what anyone is trying to say other than yourself. Anyway lets end it there, nice chat.

The quotes have no relation to (dis)proving that this series' main point is that fantasy you brought up. And whether the main couple is Prince Charming x girl without friends etc. or not doesn't immediately create a focus on such a fantasy for the readers. Your descriptions fit this manga which however is nothing like SINY.

-KamioRika- said:
Takana_no_Hana said:

Because it helps fulfill us girls' delusional fantasies that one day some super-hot guy will sweep us off our feet.

That surely, but if he's not your average guy, that can also help the author create obstacles or other things that can make the story interesting. That's why in stories with an average guy, the author has to think of something else, he might have been the female protagonist's childhood friend, their relationship worsened, but then something happens that brings them together, evetually leading to them falling in love or whatever. Aside from that, something that is out of reach/unknown/unfamiliar is far more interesting than something within reach/you're used to/familiar. However, if I were to count, I think there would be less popular guys for the heroines than others in manga/anime.
Dec 12, 2012 7:27 AM
Dec 2012
Spooky_Sez said:
This show is way too dramatic for me. That last scene made me want to rip my hair out.

Yea , this show is too dramatic for me too but for some reason i just keep watching it .
Dec 17, 2012 7:54 AM

Jan 2011
I like the new guy already, he looks bad ass but he acts like a hippie.
Yamato and Mei finally made up, I'm looking forward to what happens next.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Dec 19, 2012 5:26 PM

Aug 2011
That was a happy end, right? When Yamato paused from picking up the broken bracelet and hugged Mei, it pushed me over the edge with tears. God damn.
Dec 24, 2012 4:47 PM

Jul 2012
I feel like the characters are all too empty. Even Mei now. I don't understand how what they're feeling is love. He's just a pretty boy that's nice to her and she looks up to him, like a role model. She's so insecure, shy and she has no life at home other than thinking about her boyfriend.

I find it hard to enjoy this anime, mostly because of what's going on with my real life friends. They're also going through tons of romantic obstacles, while I'm just observing. It's annoying. This series lacks content and the most it has is the relatonship between the MCs, but that's pretty much it.

Well...I'll finish this season though.
Dec 24, 2012 4:53 PM

Dec 2012
meepsheep said:
I feel like the characters are all too empty. Even Mei now. I don't understand how what they're feeling is love. He's just a pretty boy that's nice to her and she looks up to him, like a role model. She's so insecure, shy and she has no life at home other than thinking about her boyfriend.

I find it hard to enjoy this anime, mostly because of what's going on with my real life friends. They're also going through tons of romantic obstacles, while I'm just observing. It's annoying. This series lacks content and the most it has is the relatonship between the MCs, but that's pretty much it.

Well...I'll finish this season though.

you are right , the anime is doing a terrible adaption of the manga , the manga is more dark and has more charcter development from what i heard
Dec 30, 2012 10:35 PM

Mar 2012
there's just too much drama involved.
i mean, i have yet to understand how the hell they fell in love in the first place.
Dec 31, 2012 5:52 PM

Sep 2011
Great feeling at the end!
Jan 20, 2013 11:18 AM

Jan 2012
i actually kinda got annoyed with Mei this episode as well as Yamato, the beginning where she was really awkward and annoying towards him, she never really tells him what she feels, rather just get's moody and emotional, and on the other hand Yamato is just naive and doesn't seem to notice very much, but the ending was really nice and when they finally do talk its like..... ABOUT TIME!!!
Jan 21, 2013 9:27 PM

Jan 2011
Hmm, the moral of the story is... communicate. xD

Aiko seems to understand how people feel very well.

And the new guy is just, weird.
Mar 7, 2013 3:42 PM

Jul 2011
for a minute at the end i thought mei was going to break up with yamato and i kinda wanted her to.... but im glad they didn't
Mar 16, 2013 6:31 PM

Oct 2009
Wow...first time Yamato walked away from Mei! I don't understand how Yamato could agree to going to Megu's place on a regular basis to begin with. ?_?
Nice how Mei actually has a couple friends looking out for her now. Aiko was surprisingly kindhearted and went out of her way to chat with Yamato. At least they finally made up...maybe it'll stop this melodramatic feeling now and blossom into something heartwarming?
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
May 11, 2013 1:17 AM
Jul 2018

I felt glad when Aiko said it to Yamato.
YAMATO, WHY ARE YOU SO THOUGHTLESS?
Aug 9, 2013 6:12 PM
Jul 2013
golly, the last few episodes really hit me in the feels. Like i nearly cried because of feels overload, UGGHHHH why i yamato so blind until the end of this episode!?
Oct 27, 2013 6:43 AM

Jan 2013
Dramatic indeed o_X
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2012

217 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Apr 21, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

97 by ibtissame »»
Apr 19, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2012

127 by Peixefaca »»
Feb 15, 9:25 AM

» Season 2

kisaragi_eki - Feb 7

7 by requiemofred_ »»
Feb 7, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

162 by NotBonBon »»
Oct 31, 2023 8:27 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.