Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Nov 24, 2012 4:08 PM

Jun 2008
Finjas said:
Three voice in her (!)anime-career, yes. But, she did voice-acting for visual novels and games.

I doubt most people here play "Japanese VNs"... heck, I even doubt that most people care about the seiyuu's in VNs. That's why I specifically limit it to just her "anime roles". You're giving too much credit to the MAL community.

Takuan_Soho said:
I have not seen SteinsGate, but is the way she standing in that scene the same as the character from that series?

I don't think that signifies anything than just a cool standing pose, her roles in steins;gate are mostly minor except for one route. And there's no CG pics about how she stands. It's just a cool pose.

It would be different if she would say Tuturuu~~ lol
Nae's only highlighting appearance traits are her twin tails, and her swept to the side bangs. The former was still there but it was kept on the back of her head, people will dismiss it, the latter was still there unchanged.

Vokoca said:
I don't know what's up with these references, but I love them. I really hope there'll be more. O:

Those are not just references for the sake of homages or cameos though. They will be significant later.

Visit this blog That I'm working with my friend
http://randomnessthing.com/
Nov 24, 2012 4:09 PM

Nov 2012
Liking the whole end of the world being link to the disturbance of the sun ^^
Nov 24, 2012 4:15 PM

Nov 2011
Vokoca said:
Frau is made of so much win. <3 Easily my favourite character. I also really like her voice for some reason, it fits her. o:

It's such an odd and interesting voice. Major props to Kaori Nazuka. It's almost like she's trying to imitate a man who is freezing cold, but it just works so well for the character.
Nov 24, 2012 4:44 PM

Mar 2012
One of best shows of the season.
Nov 24, 2012 7:10 PM

Oct 2011
OMG Nae is here XD. So excited for next week episode
Nov 24, 2012 7:38 PM

Nov 2009
This show is kind of freaking me out. With the song and the murders and the static and the solar storms. It keeps getting better with each episode.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Nov 24, 2012 9:04 PM
Jul 2012
I'm so glad that for some reason I rewatched the end of this episode, I could not freaking believe it when I realized it was Nae in the end. I sure hope she plays a nicer role then she did in S;G when she grew up.
Nov 24, 2012 10:20 PM

Jun 2012
Haha Subaru not being honest with himself was pretty funny. "Thanks you very much" hehehe

So does Subaru's dream just end like that? His dad wins the end; Hopefully that development continues later in the series but from my interpretation it seemed like they were wrapping up his dream but it might've been just me.
Nov 24, 2012 10:23 PM
Jan 2012
Nae's going on... I'm afraid, I don't know that she's good or bad...
Nov 24, 2012 11:04 PM
May 2012
This show is killing it. Show of the season, and it looks like it'll only get better.
Nov 24, 2012 11:32 PM

Jun 2008
aiden9 said:
Nae's going on... I'm afraid, I don't know that she's good or bad...

Here's a hint,
- The events happening is R;N is in the same Divergence as the True End of steins;gate.
- This is where her father "Mr. Braun" is not deeply involved with SERN and never died.

Nov 25, 2012 1:30 AM

Jun 2009
OMG!

IS THAT NAE?!

IS THAT NAE?!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 25, 2012 3:19 AM

Aug 2011
Nae appears. Shit is about to go down? Hopefully so. ^^
Nov 25, 2012 5:47 AM
Oct 2012
Frau <3 Hilarious as usual.
Nothing much happened this episode but it looks like s***'s gonna hit the fan next ep.
Nov 25, 2012 6:12 AM

Aug 2010
SoraLover1994 said:

... T.T Did anyone else besides me immediately think of Vocaloid when they heard "Kagome, Kagome"?

("\(-.-) I plead guilty

Also, the plot thickens even more. Lol at Tsundere!Subaru and the old guy calling him "Mr. Pleiades".

And ofc, Frau FTW.
I want Rambo in a mecha-suit with a laser-chainsaw gun that fires nuclear warheads, fighting the love-child of Predator, Alien, a group of Bangladeshi terrorists, and Satan. (Actually that would be a pretty sick show) - StopDropAndBowl
Nov 25, 2012 8:48 AM

Jul 2012
It is what i call a good episode!
Can't wait to see what happens next.
Nov 25, 2012 1:32 PM

Feb 2011
Well, this anime is really not my cup of tea. While I actually dislike mecha in general I thought I still would be able to enjoy it because of the supposed similarities to Steins;Gate. But to this point the first three episodes were just boring slice of life with robots in it (a minus to me). Then I got hooked (just a bit) in episode 5 when Airi appeared and it started to get a bit mysterious but then they got back to the robo one and all these boring things. I really don't know if I should drop it or not...With Frau's story this episode I had a little hope again, but the pacing is just borderline drowsy. The other problem is that I also can't really relate myself to the characters cause they seem so generic and childish.
So call me back if anything interesting starts to happen...meh I'm out.
Nov 25, 2012 2:25 PM

Nov 2010
Watched 7 episodes, just like Little Busters and I have to say this show is flawless and all quality.
IG productions really made something that looked like a movie
It's a worthy follow up on Steins;Gate
The characters, story, animation and music really mix up splendidly
Nov 25, 2012 4:24 PM

Jan 2012
kai and frau tracking those cheater suspects is quite interesting. and to know the fact that frau's mom has connection to the mysterious last episode of gunvarrel.....

kagome.. kagome.. i think the robotic club got their nose too deep in nation's secret. and wtf are those men in black.. FBI?!?!?!
Nov 25, 2012 5:36 PM

Jul 2010
Things are finally getting more interesting.. finally.
Nov 25, 2012 6:27 PM

May 2011
Aaaaaaaw yeaaaaaa! It's happening people!
Nov 25, 2012 6:45 PM

Oct 2010
I feel bad about not chipping in so far in the series.

So my take is that Frau is a gem of unique proportions in the simple matter of her voice pitch. But there is also one blunt fact of her:
she admits that she likes BL.
and
she admits to masturbating to them.

Not many girls do that at all in fact.

Hence Frau is quite the characters and that's apart the many expressions, feelings and reflections of them through her design.

Frau was mostly iin the following,

best cause of her clinging.

I do think her past is rather weird but then again that machine and this:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SETI
makes me wonder if it's constant sound to space. Cause the SETI programs does do that in some parts of the world.
Yumekichi11Nov 26, 2012 10:12 AM

- BLOG - My Club- Easiest way to reach the rest of my thoughts!
Nov 26, 2012 2:30 AM

Jun 2012
Nov 26, 2012 10:11 AM

Jun 2008
ruklove said:

She IS a good girl. She's mentally unstable but that only happens if Mr. Braun Died. But that never happened, and the whole "Nae's mini plot" which showed how unstable she is, also never happened.

Nov 26, 2012 11:09 AM

Feb 2012
Just curious anyone know what the name of Tune(creepy music) from the radio tower is?
Nov 26, 2012 12:44 PM

Nov 2011
rafi160 said:
Just curious anyone know what the name of Tune(creepy music) from the radio tower is?

Kagome Kagome.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kagome_Kagome
Nov 26, 2012 6:05 PM

May 2011
Oh shit at that ending, things just got very interesting. First that mysterious call with that Kagome music plays and then outta nowhere comes men in black lol.

Hmmm I wonder when Kai will tell the others about that report, cuz I really want to see that happen. And it was nice to see Subaru back to being his usual self again.
Nov 26, 2012 8:52 PM
Jul 2012
Damn, That ending... Shit just got real as fuck.

That Kagome Kagome song is creepy as fuck too.

Kona is still sexy...
Nov 26, 2012 9:41 PM

Nov 2011
Here's a thought: Nae asked if they were the Robotics club before "arresting" them. In that case, why are they wanted? If it is the Kou Kimijima file then wouldn't they be specifically looking for Kaito and not the Robotics club in general? I'm trying to figure out if there was something that they did collectively that would put them on the radar for some organization like this.
Nov 27, 2012 1:45 PM
Jul 2011
This episode was awesome, looks like shit is seriously about to go off! I can't wait for the next episode!! ^_^
Nov 27, 2012 9:23 PM

Jul 2012
Things are really starting to pick up now. That Kagome Kagome song or whatever just gives me chills. Unsuspecting things one after the other in this anime. Didn't expect anything in this episode.
My Anime Blog: http://www.Entravity.com/
Episodic overviews of the latest anime.

Nov 28, 2012 5:40 AM

Aug 2011
SH!T just got real.
Nov 29, 2012 2:58 PM

Jul 2010
Frau dropped quite the bombshell there. Her mother appears to be a murder suspect.

I wonder who that woman in the end is? What do they want with the Robotics Club?

Dec 1, 2012 6:47 PM

Apr 2011
Frau is awesome lol. That scene made the ep. Ending of the episode was also really nicely done.
Dec 3, 2012 4:26 AM

Sep 2012
The Kagome Kagome Szene reminds me a bit of Chäos;Head

Dec 11, 2012 6:43 AM

Apr 2009
Another piece of the puzzle coming in with Kona's story. The guy who wrote document #1 could be part of the murdered 13, too.

MIB-like people suddenly appearing out of nowhere. That's another crazy development. The scene where their devices all rung at once was a bit creepy, though. Mostly due to that ringtone. Just as creepy as it was from C;H.

And that woman at the end... that woman is Nae?! Holy- @$#!0%*&^
Dec 18, 2012 1:05 AM

Jun 2008
Stark700 said:

I think Frau looks good with her hair down. Just saying.

Yeah she looks really great when her hair are down.

Btw i've seen this is licensed by Funi. Lol at the dubbing voice actor trying to make Frau style of talking and making shit out of it.
Dec 19, 2012 12:26 PM
Jul 2012
Raigerzero said:
I really enjoyed this episode. It seems that the main/serious plot is beginning to progress.

By the way, can someone explain to me the Nae thing. I watched all of Steins;Gate , but I don't recall ever seeing Nae as an adult or evil. The only time I saw her do something "bad" was when she in one timeline accidently pushed Mayuri in front of a train.

Did I completely forget that somehow, or was that only in the visual novel?

Yeah it is in the VN. I never played it but from what I understand she turned insanely evil in the world lines where her dad killed himself. As an adult she tortured/killed Okabe and then went back in time thousands of times just to kill Moeka. I think I remembered that correctly, sorry if I did not.
Dec 23, 2012 9:01 AM

Aug 2011
It gets more interesting each episode. I'm starting to really value Frau's screen time now.
Jan 9, 2013 12:13 AM

May 2010
Uh oh, men in black. That's never a good thing O__O

Jan 27, 2013 12:08 PM
Jan 2010
Bobbypick said:

Steins;Gate is going to have a run for it's money.

Most certainly not.
This show is trying hard though, and I can appreciate that.
Jan 29, 2013 7:14 PM

Jun 2008
Holy shit...it's the Feds!

This anime is getting more and more interesting.
Mar 10, 2013 5:15 AM

Dec 2010
Another leisurely-paced episode. I love the part when Kaito was atop that high spot. I'm not sure I get what are Subaru's intentions. Frau was kinda cute.

That cliffhanger ending.. I totally relate it to Steins; Gate.
May 18, 2013 5:13 AM

May 2012
Oh BOY! That ending, they're in a pinch right now, damn now they just got their parts to build it. This thing is really getting better and better! Good that they didn't cut, Subaru out of the story, and Frau stays epic as always! Lets see what happens with them next, that mail in the end was rather creepy!
Sep 25, 2013 4:51 AM

Nov 2011
5/5

Bet that combines what appears to be the main plot, many other facts that give the discussion some desire to follow the story even more. Interesting narrative, with the alternation of irony and seriousness, which tends to keep me interested in the events. Design and animations good, all interesting characters! Maximum score!
Mar 27, 2014 7:40 PM
May 2010
Kagome Kagome is QUITE the creepy song, for a childrens game - with its many interpretations. They added alot of intrigue by using that rhyme as foreshadowing (I havent watched the next ep yet so I dont know what it is foreshadowing but im sure it is...and given the different interpretations (just gets creepier and creepier at first i was like oh this is kind of like duck duck goose, but no - it could be about an execution (beheaded person - seeing their own body, or conversely asking who is my executioner) a pregnant woman (wondering when the baby will come - still creepy in context IMHO for a childrens game/rhyme), a prostitute (whos had so many johns she cannot remember them, thus asking who is it behind me, and when will I escape this life) and then the more tin-foil hat inteperatation (dont get me wrong I love conspiracy theories - but the connections are SO loose - star of david does not equal illuminati across the board - there needs to be more concrete evidence than kagome could me a hexagram (and the star of david - only makes sense if theres factual evidence it was an original Hebrew rhyme - since we're working in an oriental system here wouldn't the first jump in logic be a Hexagram of the I Ching divination game?? Seems like a much more sound/logical than jumping to elders of zion level of conspiracy based off loose symbolism and very little synchronicity - although it adds to the creepy factor when you take into account thats when the men in black showed up) - and then I read the creepypasta wiki on it about how it could be relating to a nazi experiment with children in world war II - which isnt unlikely given the fucked up human experimentation they did with no cares in the world, and Hitlers right hand mans obsession with the Thule society and occultism (I am an occultist and this type of experiment, it down right wrong/and creepy as hell) - that ramps up the creepy factor mixed with other conspiracy elements of the solar storms and the strange "Elephant Mouse Syndrome" and the speeding up of time/reflexes (leading me to the assumption that MAYBE this syndrome is an effect of some strange human experimentation but I wont know till I watch more - the implications are quite maddening with synchronicity and the multiplicity of the kagome-kagome rhyme/game's interpretations - mixed with the murders and the mysterious men in black - its really foreboading. Needless to say I love it! haha Steins;Gate rocked my world, and now finally im starting to see how these are made by the same people as S;G and C;H. Also watched Psycho-Pass recently, which is right up there with Steins;Gate IMHO (and Im a huggge phillip k dick fan so...that helps immensely get into the socio-psycho-philosphical deepths of the story behind Psycho-Pass). I only mention PsychoPass because its the first anime Ive seen since Steins;Gate thats impressed me like that (other than classics like Serial Experiments Lain, Ergo Proxy and even Akira). Just in intelligent super surreal futuristic mind-f'in twist and turn-y aspects. I could probably think of more to go on that list but those stand out in my mind).
Mar 27, 2014 8:01 PM
May 2010
StardustReverie said:
Bobbypick said:

Steins;Gate is going to have a run for it's money.

Most certainly not.
This show is trying hard though, and I can appreciate that.
imho - there different beasts. I wouldn't try to compare Chaos;Head to Steins;Gate (although I believe Steins;Gate to be a superior story - there equally impressive as is Robotics;Notes thus far). Given the laid back pace i thought maybe they were looking to enter a more broad spectrum of anime - but it seems their head for similar twists/turns and total-unexpectedness, which IMO is a good thing - we need more of in anime (I mentioned psycho-pass above in my reply to this thread, on the features the animator I believe - said he heard from an anime fan "You know, they just dont make Cool Animes anymore." and he was kind of shocked "So with psycho-pass we set out to make a cool anime" and just the fact that they unlike the millions of others who have stolen his ideas and not given props were props ere due - they say "We kind of set out to do a Phillip K Dickian anime" hell the characters even discuss the novel (and differences between the movie and novel) "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" and its movie "Blade Runner" (and the multplicity of the foreshadowing, making it even harder to determine whats to come. I remember watching Chaos;Head for the first time, and when it was getting towards the end my head was spinning haha, Steins;Gate is an almost perfect anime to me. It combines everything I like in my favorite styles of anime, fantastic characters - and unlike most "dystopian" sorta cyber-punk futuristic sci fi

*****SPOILER if you havent seen Steins;Gate****** that Ive seen that ACTUALLY has a happy ending (although looking into the S;G OVA it seems like they dont plan on letting them live happily every after, which I thouht was nice for a change. It was the first tension filled dramatic futuristic (or in place of futuristic dystopia, just dark seinen) grim-noire - anime I saw (ala serial experiments lain, phantom; requiem for the phantom, texhnolyze, casshern sins, ergo proxy) that didnt leave me with a malaise at the outcome (despite how good it may of been - Im easily emotionally impacted especailly when heavily invested in an anime's storyline and characters/drama - and have my own issues in life as well (as we all do in one way or another) - over the top emotionally sad/heart breaking or wretching animes can leave me affected for days - or if Im already upset - I wont watch it even though I want to cause I know it'll make my mood worse LOL. (Im just bein' real lol...I know at the end of the day its fiction, and animation at that - but I really connect with characters on an emotional level)
ohhey said:
Raigerzero said:
I really enjoyed this episode. It seems that the main/serious plot is beginning to progress.

By the way, can someone explain to me the Nae thing. I watched all of Steins;Gate , but I don't recall ever seeing Nae as an adult or evil. The only time I saw her do something "bad" was when she in one timeline accidently pushed Mayuri in front of a train.

Did I completely forget that somehow, or was that only in the visual novel?

Yeah it is in the VN. I never played it but from what I understand she turned insanely evil in the world lines where her dad killed himself. As an adult she tortured/killed Okabe and then went back in time thousands of times just to kill Moeka. I think I remembered that correctly, sorry if I did not.
That's INSANE! Makes me want to pick up Steins;Gate the visual novel as well, are there alot of different outcomes not used in the anime? (I would assume, given the nature of the series and visual novels in general - but evenmoreso because of the time-traveling quantum aspects of Steins;Gate),
Mar 27, 2014 8:47 PM
May 2010
Oh and Ive gotta say that, its probably a tie between Steins;Gate and MONSTER (one of the most unique and brilliant executed stories in anime history IMHO - I hope we see more shows in the vein of Monster - that was a true diamond in the rough. I have yet to see or hear of another anime thats even remotely like it.

What made me think of Monster is the connection between Kagome Kagome, Japanese Orphans being used by nazi scientists to take out the "kill switch" and create an immortal or invincible person, and the events that transpired in Monster at the Orphanage that created Johan - this isn't saying much about where Robotics;Notes is going but leads me to believe there may be more truth than fiction in that creepy pasta wiki "gateway of the mind" kagome kagome page - given certain aspects have been used now in two different japanese animations - dealing with experimenting with children (and even though the tests according to the creepypasta wiki - took place a little outside hiroshima, on orders from the nazis that no one from the homeland must see or hear about these experiments - the orphanage that created Johan in Monster was in Germany. More and more connections... creepy. The thought even ran across my head - did these experiments happen before or after we bombed hiroshima? (The conspiracy theorist in me screams, we're all working together behind the scenes - play acting like we're enemies and NWO has been in place for years -and the bomb could've been to destroy any and all evidence of a successful experiment such as this - connecting to possible messed up experimentation that the US Goverment has done on their own citizens and is stil allegedly - like we'd burn the data - we'd keep it, use it and say we destroyed it for good looks - if thats the way things really worked Operation Paperclip - the code name for recruiting nazi scientists after world war II - the whole reason we have a space program is because of all the human experimentation done on the jewish people on how much pressure a human body can take etc - all the elements that it takes to safely transport a human into space without complication - we're only found out threw using the jewish people like guniea pigs - so wrong. Sure they may of had a wealth of information and only of been doing "as they were ordered" but still...theres only so much depravity a human can witness before becoming desensitized - these people are probably still carrying out experiments like these (like MK Ultra - but worse) because they've got the stomache for it.) Buut then the skeptic in me says, take a chill pill LOL - you can't jump to quite so many conclusions. But hey what can I say doning the tin foil hat every now and again is fun (aslong as you don't get to david Ike level of shapeshifting reptillians...then you might wanna take a break - no offence haha - ive entertained his theories for the sheer surreal fun of it - but never took them as truths.

Thank god for Robert Anton Wilsons Maybe Logic - allowing me to indulge to the fullest in fantastical conspiratorial ideas without going off the deep end- and still stay healthily skeptical. Like he said "99.8% of the time I dont believe I was in contact with a being from the dog star sirius - but every 2nd tuesday of the month, for an hour that 00.2% gets me thinking haha" (Paraphrased - from Cosmic Trigger Vol 1. The Final Secret of the Illuminati - very similar to PKD's experiences in VALIS (even mentioned eachothers experiences and how similar they were - by both of them, in both books, they were friends as well). But RAW was the optimist to PKD's neophobic-yet prophetic (see Prophets of Science Fiction on the history channel episode 3 - Phillip K Dick and take into account he wrote all his sci-fi in the 1950s computers were a novel idea, and telephones were still rotary and chorded)-dystopian futuristic settings (most of which have come to pass or are just about to technology wise - if your not familiar wiht PKD - any hit sci fi movie blockbuster in the past 10 years has been a PKD novel - Blade Runner (Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep), Total Recall (Remake and OG with Arnold Swartz - novel was called "We Can Remember It For You, Wholesale"), Minority Report (based on "The Minority Report"), A Scanner Darkly (PKD novel of the same name), Paycheck (Book of the same name), The Adjustment Bureau ( novella called "Adjustment Team" and a few movies based on short stories of PKD that we're great stories (and their movie adaptions we're based VERY loosely on the source material which contributes to their failure PKD is genius - no need to change it up) but the movies were executed (or Cast in the case of Nick Cage in 2005' "Next" based extremely loosely on the short story The Golden Man" ) awfully - "Imposter" (loosely based on short story of the same name) etc. Im missing two..."Screamers" which I dont know if it was well critically responded to and havent read the original book, same with the french film based off his novel "Confessions of a Crap Artist" - called "Barjo" for its English Language release.

Got a little off track that but what can I say,my rap music/various group projects, PKD, RAW, Anime, Occultism and Conspiracy - Those are my favorite things hah./endrant :D haha.

I see nothing but good things coming from the creators of S:G, C:H and R;N in the future - they impress me every time. If only When They Cry could've been as successful as these, we could have dubbed season 2 (which if you dont watch subs makes the series pointless with no explaination) and the even better When The Seagulls Cry (I was saddened to find the only eng. version will be subs - I was really hoping for a dub for that one - I love every element of that story, clsoed room murder mystery with supernatural/occult aspects = win/win plus it was disconnected enough from When the Cicadas Cry that it could've (or rather, should've) been taken as its own series, stand-alone thus the sales point of When The Cicadas Cry shouldn't of factored into whether licencing a dub IMHO - but whatever, can't change the past)
AMKRMar 27, 2014 8:58 PM
Apr 7, 2014 5:31 PM

Aug 2013
i'm actually really enjoying it... keeps you hooked, then leaves you with just enough to say "i wanna watch the next episode".

it's very clever, but doesn't try to be... i'm liking it.

also.. frau <3
Jul 31, 2014 4:09 AM

Apr 2014
Awww, hearing Subaru thank her like that was adorable.

Also shit got real at the end.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 11, 2012

266 by Rinkitori31 »»
Apr 14, 10:14 AM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

symbv - Mar 21, 2013

339 by SciADV_Maniac »»
Jan 22, 3:38 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

216 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 10:05 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 7, 2013

303 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 8:56 PM

Poll: » Robotics;Notes Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

156 by HagePotPotato »»
Jan 18, 4:23 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.