Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 21, 2012 9:11 PM

Feb 2008
According to the official website, a new OVA of Ah! My Goddess was announced to be released in the early summer of 2013. It will be bundled with the 46th volume of the comic book. The staff and the cast will be the same as the previous series.

Source: Megamisama official website
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Nov 21, 2012 9:12 PM

Jan 2012
I need to get around to watching the series...
Nov 21, 2012 9:19 PM

Sep 2012
-,- well better than nothing i guess i was praying for a new season, they better get married ffs

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 21, 2012 9:29 PM

Nov 2010
I will be glad as long as they continually release stuff for this series, even if it isn't a new season.
Nov 21, 2012 9:57 PM

Nov 2011
Looking forward to it. I was sort of a fan of the original series although it's been awhile.
Nov 21, 2012 10:38 PM

Sep 2009
This is such a tease. Wish they would just make another season. This is something I will always enjoy, being among the first anime shows I have ever watched. I know I've said before I would start reading the manga...I really need to get on that.
Nov 22, 2012 1:26 AM

Mar 2010
Keep them coming... Hopefully, it will be a couple of episodes as before.
Nov 22, 2012 2:15 AM

Dec 2010
what? again? oh, my poor heart..
Nov 22, 2012 3:26 AM

Feb 2012
Kindergarten Romance -_-
not again
Nov 22, 2012 3:37 AM
Oct 2011
This is great. AMG is one of my top 3 series and I'm always glad to see new stuff, even if it's just an OVA
Nov 22, 2012 3:48 AM

Jan 2012
give this series a proper sequel!
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Nov 22, 2012 5:29 AM

Nov 2012
I cant wait for it to come out ! It sounds interesting !
Nov 22, 2012 6:33 AM

May 2010
Better than nothing, though i'd love new season as well ;) I'm starting manga soon, it looks like it's kinda... Long. Well, I'm okay with that, I guess ^^
Nov 22, 2012 7:32 AM

Oct 2007
I guess the main guy is still a virgin.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 22, 2012 9:04 AM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
Siva said:

Read the latest chapters and you will understand why. Honestly, anyone that's a fan of the series without a doubt felt trolled.
Nov 22, 2012 9:09 AM

Feb 2008
Ryoushi06 said:
Kindergarten Romance -_-
not again

its so much more than that.....

KuroDubZero said:
Siva said:

Read the latest chapters and you will understand why. Honestly, anyone that's a fan of the series without a doubt felt trolled.

not really....there are plenty of stories out there that provide mindless romance or even something remotely worth delving into. yeah so the romance is lacking and there hasn't been much progress since whenever, but this manga has manged to keep its technical aspect and still remain interesting without the gratuitous "fan service" that most people seem to want.

i for one would not want it change its direction so far.
Nov 22, 2012 11:13 AM

Dec 2010
Wish there was another season but will watch regardless, its better than nothing.
Nov 22, 2012 2:19 PM

May 2011
An OVA!? I'm IN!
Nov 22, 2012 3:10 PM
Jul 2018
Ah, my goddess.. I am happy!
Nov 22, 2012 6:24 PM
Manga Moderator
Sleepy

Jul 2009
kisami said:
not really....there are plenty of stories out there that provide mindless romance or even something remotely worth delving into. yeah so the romance is lacking and there hasn't been much progress since whenever, but this manga has manged to keep its technical aspect and still remain interesting without the gratuitous "fan service" that most people seem to want.

Saying the romance is lacking is a major understatement. Ah! my goddess is even slower in the romance department than "Nazo no Kanojo X", and that's saying a lot. The most you get out of this is them holding hands and the occasional hugs, yet you find yourself strangely happy about it. Even accepting just that. Why? Because that's it.

Getting a answer like that for the lack of crucial relationship development after all this time (250+ chapters), I can't help but feel trolled. I'm not really too bitter about it because I never expected them to actually to go that far anyway. That, and I never really focused on the romance factor much since there was hardly any to speak of. Everything else is it's driving force. I always thought (and still do) we would probably not see any major development until near the end. Even hoping for that might be a little too much as well.
Nov 22, 2012 10:21 PM

Jul 2012
Glad to see that, happy thanksgiving.
I had never heard any news for my hometown for many years, everything there like dell wood grass is the same except me. My grand mother also say that: The two apple do not drop and hit at one head.
Nov 23, 2012 12:57 AM

Apr 2010
PsychoKitteh said:
I need to get around to watching the series...
Same here. I've been rather curious about it for the last five years.
Nov 23, 2012 7:04 AM

Feb 2012
kisami said:
Ryoushi06 said:
Kindergarten Romance -_-
not again

Yes, it was worth to watch but the progress of their romance is too slow for a 2 Season
Nov 23, 2012 1:56 PM

Nov 2010
Ryoushi06 said:
kisami said:
Ryoushi06 said:
Kindergarten Romance -_-
not again

Yes, it was worth to watch but the progress of their romance is too slow for a 2 Season
There are already like 4 or 5 sequels.
Nov 23, 2012 2:26 PM

Aug 2009
I would rather have a 12-26 episode season, but I guess a OVA is better than nothing.
Nov 23, 2012 2:46 PM

Nov 2008
well i might watch that one
Nov 23, 2012 9:51 PM
Nov 2012
I'm a relative new comer to Ah! My Goddess, but from the first Episode of the OVA i knew i would like it.

Just bought the whole box set a couple of days ago, OVA,S1&2, need to catchup; I guess this is another one to my collection. :D
Nov 23, 2012 9:51 PM
Nov 2012
WEIRD, wheres my avatar?
Nov 24, 2012 1:54 AM

Oct 2010
KuroDubZero said:
kisami said:

Saying the romance is lacking is a major understatement. Ah! my goddess is even slower in the romance department than "Nazo no Kanojo X", and that's saying a lot. The most you get out of this is them holding hands and the occasional hugs, yet you find yourself strangely happy about it. Even accepting just that. Why? Because that's it.

Getting a answer like that for the lack of crucial relationship development after all this time (250+ chapters), I can't help but feel trolled. I'm not really too bitter about it because I never expected them to actually to go that far anyway. That, and I never really focused on the romance factor much since there was hardly any to speak of. Everything else is it's driving force. I always thought (and still do) we would probably not see any major development until near the end. Even hoping for that might be a little too much as well.

Is romance even still the biggest draw(back) of the series? Hasn't it already transformed into quite the sideshow, as if it's become some sort of a (Umao x Ushiko) running gag?

Whatsoever development in their relationship, as an undergrad and as a goddess living under the same roof, is nothing more crucial than what has already been established from the very beginning-- that so long as Keiichi wishes for Belldandy to be by his side, she'd always be there. I doubt any words or actions can far outweigh that heartfelt wish. And clearly, the author has no intentions of ending the manga anytime soon which is to say if he ever went to explore the more steamy or intimate levels a relationship should naturally progress into-- it wouldn't have become any less redundant than it already is, as those things are bound to eventually lose its charm through repetition.

Story (context) wise, I think Keiichi realizes that he can never monopolize Belldandy any more than he already has. She's like the goddess of all goddesses-- she'd lend a helping hand (or voice) to just about anybody or anything from the trees to the bees, hell even to Hades. Nothing more can make her any happier and he's smart enough to see that there is no such thing as tying down her wings which are meant to be everyone's guiding force. In other words, he's just a hopeless fool who stand no chance of winning against his rival-- the world.

But then again, it's always just a matter of perspective. If anything, I'm just surprised you're still following this troll of a series which you have little to no expectation of ever satisfying your tastes/standards.

Anyway, this is certainly good news to me and here's to hoping to see more of Urd in howsoever many episodes more this series would be getting.
a1onerNov 24, 2012 2:02 AM
HAPPY SCANS!
Bringing the COOL in old school!
Nov 27, 2012 1:20 PM

Dec 2009
WOOOOOT! This series always brightens up my day! :D
Feb 21, 2013 11:53 AM

Jul 2010
kisami said:
Ryoushi06 said:
Kindergarten Romance -_-
not again

The Kindergarten Romance line is used by one of the other characters to describe their relationship, but not something that fans of the show/manga quibble about. It is one of the finest romance stories out there! The manga is better in terms of relationship development, however, with one or two kisses, and a steadily growing level of commitment between the two leads. It doesn't need to be explicit or develop sexually to a wonderful, loving relationship. Plus, many of the hints tossed out earlier in the series as to there being a reason why Belldandy was not ready for a more physical relationship have been addressed in recent manga chapters.

kisami said:
KuroDubZero said:
Siva said:

I agree. As a fan of the series, and one of the moderators on one of the most popular AMG fan sites, I can say that, while some of the long term fans felt that the recent revelations were equivelent to "trolling", others of us were extremely impressed with the way the set-up was done. It also brings concepts that were used in the early 2000s movie version into play in the manga for the first time, and has seriously stepped up the "heat" so to speak.

I do get the feeling, and have since the current thread in the manga began, that the story is heading towards a conclusion. If I had to place bets, I would say it will arrive in time for the 30th anniversary. I can only hope that it will include the anime version also being concluded with a couple more seasons, or perhaps a season and a new movie covering this current arc.

In any event, it is my all time favorite and the show that got me interested in anime and manga, so I will treasure this new installment when it arrives!
Feb 21, 2013 12:33 PM

Dec 2012
Will watch, not my favorite, but since I have already committed to both anime and manga...
Mar 5, 2013 2:55 AM
May 2012
Omg Cant W8 for the Last OVA ~ big fan of the anime but i havent tried the manga ~ imight try reading it soon
Mar 5, 2013 4:10 PM

Dec 2012
I'm only a fan of AMG because of the old old 5 episode OVA that actually felt like there was plot and had awesome music.
Mar 6, 2013 5:41 PM

Jan 2013
A new season would be really good, but I can't complain about this at all!
Mar 6, 2013 8:27 PM

May 2008
I was extremely confused as to why it showed up again in my watching section....now I'm extremely happy!
Apr 6, 2013 12:39 AM

Sep 2012
Glad to see something new of AMG but I feel the anime is going nowhere...
Apr 6, 2013 12:57 AM
Sep 2007
Manga

Published: Aug 25, 1988 to ?

I watched first OVA and read a few of latest chapters - pretty shitty, to be honest.

The only thing I respect is not changing seiyuus for main characters to this day, proving that legends like Aya Hisakawa and Kikuko Inoue can still voice rather young girls.
Apr 6, 2013 1:02 AM

May 2012
PleaseTeacher said:
-,- well better than nothing i guess i was praying for a new season, they better get married ffs
Sword in hand, a warrior clutches stone to breast. In sword etched he his fading memories In stone, his tempered skill By sword attested, by stone revealed. Their tale can now be told
Apr 6, 2013 1:04 AM

Oct 2012
Tommk said:
PleaseTeacher said:

Nice post Tommk, very constructive and informing.
Jun 21, 2013 3:13 AM

Sep 2012
Vol.46 (the one with the OAD bundled for its limited edition) will be released on Aug 23rd. A PV has been released too

So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Jun 22, 2013 4:01 PM

Apr 2011
I'm excited for this! I grew up reading the manga, but only got a few volumes in before giving up on it because it just kept going and going. The first couple of OVA episodes were really important to my childhood too (The VHS we bought had a subbed version on the tape as well as the dub - baby's first subbed animu!)

Maybe I'll use this as an excuse to watch the anime. :)
Sep 6, 2013 10:14 AM
Oct 10, 2013 2:52 PM
Dec 2010
Ah!.. they should make another season finally.. Well at least it's not totally forgotten anime without any sequels :)
( Currently interested in OP MC genre. Recommendations are welcomed, preferable those yet not on my list )
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

More topics from this board

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - 4 hours ago

4 by Memore »»
56 minutes ago

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - 2 hours ago

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
2 hours ago

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - 4 hours ago

1 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Yesterday

30 by RobertBobert »»
3 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

3 by Etherius_ZS »»
6 hours ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.