Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 23, 2012 7:40 AM
Nov 2012
If zero going to lost his memories, I don't know about this but one thing for sure, this feeling gonna to be very bitter. I hope for a season 3 too, zero's voice actor is fantastic, the award winning voice actor for setsuna/light yagami
Nov 23, 2012 7:59 AM
Aug 2012
amaterasu888 said:
its clear to me that kaname is not really in love with yuuki, seems like he was in love with the vampire from his memories. so as a kaname fan i dont really care if he gets with yuuki or not. but one thing does seem to be clear to me, the way he treats yuuki is the way that she treats zero. and for all the zeki fans out there, i dont really like that if im a zero fan. i mean its like she runs the relationship. im a kaname fan but i like zero. i hope he ends up with someone else, i wouldnt want to be zero. the girl i love is constantly asking herself whether or not she like me...she always knew she was in love with kaname. the way she looks or used to look at kaname is the way that zero deserves to have someone look at him, not take away his memories because she is afraid of hurting him wtf its like pity or something.
i dont want kaname to die because he in my opinion is the only interesting character in the manga and id rather see him end up with yuuki, and zero end up with some hot vampire chick who is a better a woman than yuuki. hate to reference twilight but, kaname is obviously her edward and zero is obviously her jacob, and to all the zero fans out there...who wants to be somebodies jacob. zero can do better and deserves better.
and by the way, why do people hate kaname so much. with the exception of uchiha itachi, hes the dopest character ive ever seen. hes cool, calm and collected, and unselfish even though his methods may be dark in nature, but...he is a vampire, i mean what are we expecting. this is a manga about vampires not angels

OMG you've read my thoughts!!!!!!

yes it is what I wanted to say even ,the twilight example!!!!

and kaname is the only reason I'm reading this Manga ,if he dies I will be so sad!!!
I mean from the very beginning Kaname is throwing his life for the sake of Yuki...and she is not aware of it which makes me hate her a bitt..do you remember when Kaname asked Yuki and she said she wants a new beginning ...he is doing this for her ..I mean the real one who is in misery is Kaname ...I totally agree he is really the king he is the Vampire knight
Nov 23, 2012 8:11 AM
Aug 2012
Kaname is good as I said he is doing it For yuki pfft.....

this is the new beginning he promised her....TT

but did anyone realized how sad was kaname's eyes when he looked at yuki befor his departure ...no he loves her ...but she is like so lost twilight pffffft

I hope Matsuri hino won't sacrifice kaname...because he deserve happiness for once!!!
from the beginning of this manga he is suffering ..

guys she left zero, and she want to sacrifice herself ( I mean ,how she will turn him otherwise she won't have to undo zero's memories ) to save Kaname ....he is still her number one...
Nov 23, 2012 8:37 AM

Nov 2007
Narutowolf77 said:

Don't count your chickens before they hatch, for one while Yuuki may care for Zero romantically but she also seems to still care for Kaname romantically (I haven't seen any evidence to suggest otherwise), and we still don't know the rest of the sentence started in chapter 87 "The boy I want to cherish...I love him. But I..." we still don't know what the rest of "But I..." is (could be "But I...love Kaname more", "But I...need to save Kaname", "But I... belong with Kaname" etc. Personally I hope for the first one), all we know is that it pertains to Kaname since it shows Yuuki's mask falling off right when she sees him meaning she knows exactly how she feels for both boys now. Also I don't think she'd be saying the only way to stop Kaname is to turn him human if she didn't still hold some feelings for him, I actually interpret this line as her saying "I can't bring myself to kill him so there's no other choice".

Exactly. This is what I'm thinking too. Ive been waiting for this chapter to see the continuation of her sentence and then all of a sudden, they turned it into another part??
I'm a kaname fan so naturally I want him to be happy but if you really asked me, He does not deserve Yuuki! Ugh. For a decisive man like him, he must not be with an indecisive lover like yuuki! Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.
*sigh. but I want him to be happy, so he must be with her. *sigh.

-- I love Kaname Kuran. I hope he will get a good ending. period.

three chapters more? hmnn. I hope Hino-Sensei can pull it off. I mean,up to the last arc, we are still wondering on who she's going to end up with.. will wait patiently and with control (i hope) .... :))
inn0centdem0nNov 23, 2012 8:43 AM
Nov 23, 2012 10:16 AM
Mar 2011
dann_anime said:
Kaname is good as I said he is doing it For yuki pfft.....

this is the new beginning he promised her....TT

but did anyone realized how sad was kaname's eyes when he looked at yuki befor his departure ...no he loves her ...but she is like so lost twilight pffffft

I hope Matsuri hino won't sacrifice kaname...because he deserve happiness for once!!!
from the beginning of this manga he is suffering ..

guys she left zero, and she want to sacrifice herself ( I mean ,how she will turn him otherwise she won't have to undo zero's memories ) to save Kaname ....he is still her number one...

This.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

inn0centdem0n said:

three chapters more? hmnn. I hope Hino-Sensei can pull it off. I mean,up to the last arc, we are still wondering on who she's going to end up with.. will wait patiently and with control (i hope) .... :))

What do you mean three chapters more? I remember it saying it will start it's final arc in March but I don't remember it giving the number of chapters left...
Nov 23, 2012 10:38 AM

Jan 2012
I also wanna believe that Kaname is the good guy, but he's kinda out of the spotlight lately and didn't explain himself much so it seems like they just wanna finish it and he's the sacrificial lamb :(

It's really, really difficult lol
Nov 23, 2012 12:52 PM

Jun 2008
C´mon guys, we know there will always be Yume fans and Zeki fans, and Kaname fans and Zero fans and it will be a fight like Inuyasha - Kagome - Kikyo, and I honestly believe that no matter which Yuuki chooses, the fandom of the other guy will rage eternally...but the story has to end otherwise people will start getting tired even if they love a chara there.

I honestly dont dislike Kaname, but I love Zero. I understand how its like to have your fav chara killed, believe me, so I wont criticize Kaname fans, and Im forced to comply with Yume shippers regarding Yuuki undeniably loving Kaname, perhaps more than Zero. Her behavior has been very inconsistent all this time. Its impossible to know.
People ask me why I dislike Yuuki and its so easy to reply.Im sorry Yuuki fans Because she was unable to choose one of the guys truly and spent the whole manga being protected by both guys without doing almost nothing, so its finally time to see her in action Sure, we all can love two or more persons at the same time, but when the "time arrives" you choose one and dont get doubts, that´s it.
She was with Zero and was like "Yeah, I love Kaname but Ill stay with you." Then she was with Kaname and was like "Yeah, I LOVE you but you know, half of my heart is with Zero". Then she switches to Zero and was like "Yeah sure I love you, but you know, I love Kaname too and I cannot stay with you". Then she switched again and now we have "OMG, Zero, after all , I love YOU. BUT, yeah, I gotta go stay with Kaname."

Will she stop it? Whom the fuck she loves the most?!!! Because in one chapter it seems its Zero and another chapter its seems its Kaname, and I never know. She seems Inuyasha: stays with one, chases after the other =_= seriously? 18 vols guys! 18 vols, of those changes/indecision/doubts its enough....
Anyway, good luck to Yume/Kaname fans, and ofc, Good luck to us too, Zeki/Zero fans^.^

Oh and to Zero/Kaname fans, good luck to KaZe! ;) that´s the yaoi route

All ships must be respected;)

now regarding the March issue...no one is sure if there is 3 chapters remaining OR, if its the beginning of a new arc, AKA, more volumes...perhaps 10 more =_=

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 23, 2012 7:07 PM

Oct 2008
...So many feels. It seems pretty obvious it's going to be a Zeki ending because... dear god all the moments together. It's finally happening... but stupid Yuuki. Stop trying to do everything by yourself! Don't take away Zero's memories of you...
She thinks it will make things better for Zero but she doesn't realize... she's the reason he made it through all those years...
Making another selfish decision again, Yuuki, all by yourself.
Nov 23, 2012 7:19 PM

Sep 2012
Please make Rima and Shiki a canon couple. =D

... though I think it is pretty much canon.
Nov 23, 2012 8:39 PM

Aug 2011
I just quickly skimmed through the posts on here, so just a couple things I want to answer/point out for now. I'm working on a proper post that's a bit more LT-centric, I'll post that when it's done.

@ "I love you," vs. "Fondness."
This got brought up so I thought I'd comment on it too. The japanese text for this line was "suki," which is typically translated as I like you or I love you depending on the context. Fondness isn't inaccurate but it's a bit awkward sounding in English. Whether you prefer like or love is up to you but the implication is romantic nonetheless, thus Yuuki is basically thinking that her feelings for Zero are romantic. Fans can decide for themselves what the extent of her feelings are. ^^

Yuuki calling Kaname her brother/oniisama
There are three translations out now: one by senbyafanatic on livejournal, which is translated from the Chinese Raws. She translated this line as "My brother." The other two are the scanlation teams, S2Scans and White Lily Scans, and they both translated it as Kaname-onii-sama.

Zero Sacrificing Himself
I won't say it can't happen, but at the end of the day Zero is still an ex-human vampire and we don't know much about his abilities as a complete twin born to the hunters. The reason a pureblood is necessary for creating a new furnace is because as Kaname discovered, the only thing capable of destroying them is themselves, thus a pureblood sacrifice being necessary. As for turning a vampire into a human (I forget now if this one was actually mentioned on here or not, sorry!), I think this is also something beyond an ex-human vampires abilities.

Parent Metal
This was explained already on here, I just wanted to elaborate a bit. The furnace (or "mother metal" as it was called before) is where all anti-vampire weapons originated, thus it's like the "parent" of those weapons, their place of origin.

Isaya Setting up the Masquerade
There's possibly more to it, but I think that Isaya just wanted to stop being a spectator and actually do something for a change, like Kaien did. Possibly this is connected with the "50 years of memories," that he gained from his servant when he drank her blood, after he first woke up from his slumber. It seems like Haruka and Juuri were dear friends of his, though, and I believe it's because their children are involved in the current conflict and technically on opposite sides that he wanted to do something to perhaps honour that friendship. Maybe he was just hoping Kaname would give some kind of meaning to Isaya's existence, or end it.

As for the Masquerade Ball itself, it was somewhat random, but apart from the purposes it served in the plot I think Hino just threw it in to parallel the arc one dance (which even got an honourable mention in this chapter). She seems fond of the parallels between the two arcs, or characters.

Yuuki Erasing Zero's Memories
First of all, I'm fairly certain that Yuuki was successfully able to erase Zero's memories, since we had Zero's thought (while Yuuki was drinking his blood) that "something within him" was disappearing. And on that page, we see his memories of Yuuki. After she subdues him with her bracelet, we see Zero's thoughts again and he thinks that his memories of her are.... ['disappearing' I assume but it's not actually specified]

We have to also remember that this isn't just about Yuuki trying to ease his suffering; Zero hasn't been letting her out of his sight, and it's probably because he noticed something was up (chapter 86 he comments on how he doesn't know what's gotten into her). She tried to leave the Academy without telling him, but he seemed to know anyway and was waiting for her. She tried to convince him to stay because of his duties (and Zero is a dutiful person) and he chose to leave with her anyway. She gave him that speech about how she couldn't live with him and belonged to someone else, and he chose to walk into her house and force her to confront her own feelings. Yuuki knows that Zero wouldn't approve of this plan, which is why she never told him about it until she was erasing his memories of her existence. She also knows that he'd try to save her and he'd never forgive himself if he failed. So, from this perspective, Yuuki's actions make sense.

Zero will definitely remember Yuuki. Not only do we have an example of this in the first arc, when Yuuki remembered about Zero confronting Maria/Shizuka, but we have an example in this arc as well when the class president Kageyama remembered who Ruka was despite his memories being erased - and Ruka was someone he had a crush on throughout the first arc. Since in this case, Ruka's entire existence seemed to be erased from his mind, it's the best example we have of this happening in the manga and it's probably why Hino randomly included that scene at all.

Shiki & Rima on Kaname's Side
I don't think they're on Kaname's side so much as Takuma's. They were following him to the Association before when he went with Sara, and he's now back by Kaname's side. I think this time, they want to stick close to him. He seems to be a very dear friend to both Shiki and Rima, so they may want to protect him from doing anything foolish or even from getting too involved in Kaname's plans. I kind of see it being like Ruka and Kain - Ruka didn't agree with what Kaname was doing, but she cared for him and wanted to look out for him. Kain especially didn't agree with Kaname, but he wanted to look out for Ruka and protect her.
underthesameskyNov 23, 2012 8:42 PM
Nov 23, 2012 9:40 PM
Mar 2011
underthesamesky said:

Yuuki calling Kaname her brother/oniisama
There are three translations out now: one by senbyafanatic on livejournal, which is translated from the Chinese Raws. She translated this line as "My brother." The other two are the scanlation teams, S2Scans and White Lily Scans, and they both translated it as Kaname-onii-sama.

Zero Sacrificing Himself
I won't say it can't happen, but at the end of the day Zero is still an ex-human vampire and we don't know much about his abilities as a complete twin born to the hunters. The reason a pureblood is necessary for creating a new furnace is because as Kaname discovered, the only thing capable of destroying them is themselves, thus a pureblood sacrifice being necessary. As for turning a vampire into a human (I forget now if this one was actually mentioned on here or not, sorry!), I think this is also something beyond an ex-human vampires abilities.

Thank you for clearing up the whole 'brother' thing for me. I wanted to know how accurate the translation was manily because I came across some Zeki fans saying that it meant Yuuki prefers Kaname as her brother, which I still don't really buy because:

A) Since she's speculating on what would have happened if things were different meaning IF Kaname had been her actual brother, not that she CARES for him as a brother, that things might have been different between her and Zero.

B) She only discovered Kaname wasn't her real brother a few chapters before he left meaning she may still not be ENTIRELY used to referring to him as just Kaname and occasionally have a slip of tongue.

C) (Since one person, don't even think it was on this forum, said that she would have called him her boyfriend or something different than her brother if she had romantic feelings for him I'll cover this too.) If Yuuki couldn't have called Kaname her boyfriend, or senpai in her speculation because: one she was speculating about Zero, calling Kaname her boyfriend would be out of place (and may have pissed him off), two Zero had already occupied the senpai role and Yuuki probably wanted to give Kaname a role that tied him to her - this is just my speculation though :P

-----------------------

As for your comment on Zero sacrificing himself, I say there's still a high possibility that he COULD sacrifice himself to become the new parent because he has drank the blood of three purebloods (Yuuki, Kaname, Sara) and thus has the blood of three purebloods inside him, also don't the hunters already have SOME vampire blood in them because the first hunters drank the blood of the Ancestress and that's what gave them their powers :\ As for him sacrificing himself to make someone human, I wouldn't rule it out entirely because we don't know a lot about the process itself, whether it can be done by only a pureblood or if any vampire or person can do it all we know is that Juuri used it on Yuuki, Kaname was planning to use it, and Kaname asked Isaya to do it (which he might have just asked because he knows Isaya wants to die).
Nov 23, 2012 9:58 PM

Jan 2012
To be honest, they're both lovely and would both deserve to be her 'prince'. I can understand that Yuuki can't/doesn't wanna decide :P

It looks like she already made her decision though, when she started talking to Zero about how it could've been between the two of them if they weren't vampires.
I don't really like her any more though, she has nothing left of the happy, bubbly personality from the beginning. She's really dark and mysterious now, so I guess in fact both of them would be better off without her. Zero was her second choice right from the beginning and he doesn't deserve that. On the other hand, because she doesn't understand Kaname's behaviour and that he's doing it for her, she runs back to Zero.
The feeling the anime brought over in the 2 seasons was much more romantic and heartbreaking at the same time than what it is now in my opinion. I was always torn apart myself between the two guys. When I started watching I liked Zero more, then Kaname til the end but now after reading so much more I'm torn apart again and I have no idea what's going to happen, can only guess as much.

I'm still confused about a few things tho;

1. Doesn't Kaname actually love the hooded woman like in the dream/vision he showed Yuuki?
and 2. didn't Kaname say that he's not actually Yuuki's brother but stole his body or whatever?
NendzNov 23, 2012 10:11 PM
Nov 23, 2012 11:58 PM
Mar 2011
Nendz said:

I'm still confused about a few things tho;

1. Doesn't Kaname actually love the hooded woman like in the dream/vision he showed Yuuki?
and 2. didn't Kaname say that he's not actually Yuuki's brother but stole his body or whatever?

To answer your questions:

1. Kaname LOVED the hooded woman but then she died and now he loves Yuuki more (obvious from his actions and words), and she isn't just a replacement because he stated in the dream/vision that you can't replace a person.

2. Kaname isn't actually Yuuki's brother, but he didn't steal the body of Yuuki's real brother. Rido stole Yuuki's real brother and used his life to revive Kaname who then attacked Rido and drank some of his blood but the blood and the life of the baby weren't enough to awaken Kaname in a complete state his body was to weak and he was too full of bloodlust so in order to survive he reverted his body to the size of a baby and suppressed his memories. You can read the pages here: It's pages 5-10

Btw I love the picture in your signature :)
Nov 24, 2012 12:10 AM

Jan 2012
Aw, thank you very much :) now I got it. It's quite difficult to understand the translations sometimes.

I still don't know why Kaname does all this though, he promised Yuuki a new start but to make her happy he should've just stayed with her and not risk his life and make her stop loving him (like being rude to her, 'You're in my way' etc.)

I love it too, it's my favourite picture of them :D will make a new more beautiful signature out of it soon, because this 1 i quite old, also from the new artwork of Yuuki and Zero.
Nov 24, 2012 3:59 AM

Jun 2008
Nendz said:

I still don't know why Kaname does all this though, he promised Yuuki a new start but to make her happy he should've just stayed with her and not risk his life and make her stop loving him (like being rude to her, 'You're in my way' etc.)

Kaname is doing it for Yuuki´s safety and at the same time because he clearly feels guilty for the hooded woman sacrificing herself and not being able to "rest" because the "parent" is a tree and it seems it traps the soul of the pureblood there. Love and Guilty.
Being "rude" is necessary when you want a person to stay away from you. It was almost the same when Zero said to Yuuki "Next time I see you I´ll kill you". Harsh words that are disguising their real feelings.
And then both Kaname and Zero are persons who care a lot about their duty. Zero´s purpose (to kill all purebloods) became Kaname´s purpose.

What I never understood (and Im open to explanations!) is why in one chapter long time ago Kaname was talking to "dead" Rido and saying "While Im alive you can never die". or something like that. I still cant get why Rido´s "ghost" haunts Kaname.

underthesamesky said:
I'm fairly certain that Yuuki was successfully able to erase Zero's memories

Me too. It would be impossible to stop now. She kept the bracelet during the whole manga btw. Im pretty sure Zero will start acting like Sakura from Tsubasa chronicles, because everyone around him remembers Yuuki and ofc, people will tell them about her, so unless Yuuki erased everyone´s memories about her, it doesnt make sense. Zero will be in pain firstly trying to remember who is missing in his memories and later "who is that Yuuki you´re telling me about, I must remember". I sense Yori coming. Possibly Maria also.
Also, if she is erasing herself and leaving Kaname in his memories, doesnt make sense again. Zero will keep living now, only for hate and he will chase after Kaname just like her.
So yeah in the end they´ll meet all again.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 24, 2012 6:13 AM

Jan 2012
Ahhhhh~ this is all so dramatic, if it was anything else I'd call it cheesy but I'm absolutely in love with Vampire Knight.

I figured Kaname was doing it for her anyway, but he also said after all that he wants to sacrifice himself so she can turn human again. Unless he knows that she'd really rather be with Zero, that's pretty selfish of him. He never talked to her properly, maybe she would have stayed with him, although we know that she was kinda going crazy (as in really upset) when 'locked up' in the castle. Besides that, Zero is a vampire too, so her being a human again would risk her safety (also due to jealousy or hate of other vampires who could rip her apart if they knew she was human again) and Kaname wouldn't want that. It must tear him apart though to see her running back to Zero, although it is according to his plan. It'd make sense though, because he knows she'll be safe with him (I'm referring to "You could never betray her, because you are under her obligation. You are being let to live because of that, Zero. By me." here). I guess her talking about Zero when Kaname and her were together made him decide to do what he's doing right now. Poor guy :(

He also said he wants to destroy all the Anti-Vampire Weapons, right? I assume due to the fact that 'the parent' could rest then and wouldn't be trapped in the tree. Why does he need to replace it then though (like he said at some point, that he wants to become the new parent)? Obviously because he feels responsible for the hooded woman being trapped there, but wouldn't destroying the weapons alter the use of keeping her soul in the tree? (We know she supports him though as she kills Sara, I think it was?)
And how the hell did Kaname get Shiki and Rima (love them <3) to help him again though? because the group was kinda split.
I have no clue about Rido but maybe he was cursed for killing the Kuran-baby or for awakening Kaname?
NendzNov 24, 2012 6:24 AM
Nov 24, 2012 7:58 AM
Mar 2011
Orulyon said:

What I never understood (and Im open to explanations!) is why in one chapter long time ago Kaname was talking to "dead" Rido and saying "While Im alive you can never die". or something like that. I still cant get why Rido´s "ghost" haunts Kaname.

I think it has something to do with the fact that Rido used his blood when he awakened Kaname (along with the life force of Yuuki's original brother) it could be that because of that he has a small part of Rido inside of him.
Nov 24, 2012 11:15 AM

Aug 2011
Orulyon said:

Narutowolf77 said:
Thank you for clearing up the whole 'brother' thing for me. I wanted to know how accurate the translation was manily because I came across some Zeki fans saying that it meant Yuuki prefers Kaname as her brother, which I still don't really buy because:

Nov 24, 2012 12:14 PM
Jul 2018

The cover page blew me up. :3 And they really did kiss at the last chapter?

I liked Yuuki in this chapter but erasing Zero's memories of her. Aww. Sorta know why she done that especially she doesn't want to involve Zero anymore. She likes/loves Zero but I think she's still more concerned about Kaname. So, who will become human? Yuuki wants Kaname to turn into human so as Kaname.

Final arc is coming. Can't wait. FINALLY.
Nov 24, 2012 12:40 PM

Sep 2011
So Kaname wants her made human and she wants Kaname made human both of which would result in the other dying.
lol She is an idiot.
Zero has matured a lot.
She did not get to erase his memories.
That elder vampire said he would sacrifice himself to turn her human but if she wants to turn Kaname human as well which incidentally she said was to stop him from killing everyone or being so powerful they can't stop him not really to just be nice. So convoluted and we hve to wait - what a cliffhanger.
If Kaname becomes the parent, that means that she would not wind up with him, he would be like the woman he loved who gave herself over to making the weapons etc, so he would basically not exist as a body anymore he would be given over to the others like in the furnace.
If Yuuki took Zero's memories, I don't think such a thing would last and his memories would return if he was unbound such as him seeing her or the necklace breaking or something like that.
If she made Kaname human she would die like her mother did to make her human but his power take over and killing would be stopped.
If Kaname made her human he would die, or if the elder did it in his place the elder would die.

Seems like zero will be the only survivor if any of the outcomes happen.

But it was a really good albeit frustrating chapter.

I also really loved the cover and the color page of her and Zero. I am also more of a Zero fan than a Zeki fan but I would not mind them ending up together, it's just that I am not a particular a fan of yuuki herself....
inzarathaNov 25, 2012 7:01 PM
Nov 24, 2012 12:48 PM

Sep 2011
Thank god its almost over. I dont think i can deal with much more of this crap, hope for the good end.....aka everyone dies, thats my happy ending for this.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 24, 2012 1:19 PM
Mar 2011
underthesamesky said:

In this arc, Yuuki hasn't said she loved Kaname at all, or even liked him, not even when directly asked. She referred to him as Kaname-oniisama even though they were engaged, and while we can say that's because she felt he was her brother, it would make more sense for her to still be used to calling him Kaname-sama because that's what she had referred to him as for ten years of her life when she was human. Since they were engaged, she should have been calling him just "Kaname" after living together for a year, but I would have personally understood simply "Kaname-sama" since it would be hard to change old habits. Referring to him as oniisama though made it seem like that was how she saw him, as her brother. From Yuuki's end there was just a lot of awkwardness in their relationship, she was very passive. Not only that, but she hasn't reflected on her relationship with Kaname much at all. There's no flashbacks to memories that are important to her, like we've seen Zero have with Yuuki and Yuuki have with Zero. There's still no acknowledgement of her feelings for Kaname now, even in her mind. We were never shown the affect Kaname's blood had on Yuuki like we did with Zero. And, to top it all off, she wasn't being sated by Kaname but after drinking from Zero she suddenly understands what being sated is like.

So for me, all of that plus Yuuki's ideal world having Kaname as her brother is what makes me feel that's how she sees him. She's supposed to be his fiancee but she feels no guilt whatsoever for her romantic advances toward another guy o_O I mean, biting Zero, offering her blood to him on the train in 87 just like how Ruka offered her blood to Kaname before, licking her blood off Zero's face, leaning up to kiss him and then showing no remorse for it whatsoever when she is LITERALLY caught in the act? Personally I think it would be better for her character if that was because her feelings for Kaname weren't romantic, otherwise she looks really bad. She's fantasizing about a world where she could have been with Zero, but even on her own we've never seen her fantasize about a world where Kaname wouldn't have found it necessary to do what he's doing and they could have just lived together. I'm willing to take this back if it happens in future chapters or something else happens in the manga to counter my opinion, but for now...

Well you are entitled to your opinion there are a few things I want to point out to show why I don't think she sees him as her brother. Yuuki has said she likes Kaname since coming to live with him, in chapter 66 she says she does like him but her feelings are mixed which is why she asked if they could start over so she could examine her feelings. Also it's not that Kaname's blood didn't sate Yuuki it's that half her heart still belonged to Zero so she couldn't be FULLY sated until she drank his blood, it's shown, also in chapter 66 that Yuuki's desire for Kaname's blood is "so pure it can't be hidden". It's also hinted that she may have felt jealousy in this same chapter. I honestly never saw Yuuki as passive during this time, first there's in chapter 65 where she gets angry at Kaname for not being there when she woke up pages 24-31 and there's the fact that she often tells Kaname that she wants to know more about him, and how she blushes whenever he kisses her (chapter 57

I have more to say but I have to go now so I'll type more later :P
Nov 24, 2012 1:26 PM

Sep 2011
Can we all just come to an agreemant that yuuki is a slut and just move on instead of having internet arguments and wall of texts

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 24, 2012 3:43 PM

Aug 2011
Narutowolf77 said:
Yuuki has said she likes Kaname since coming to live with him, in chapter 66 she says she does like him but her feelings are mixed which is why she asked if they could start over so she could examine her feelings.

I'll let you finish your post since you said you'd type up more later, I just wanted to point out that the one line you're citing from Yuuki is actually a mistranslation and was translated differently in the official volumes by Viz Media. Yuuki isn't referring to her feelings but Kaname's feelings: she says that she's not even sure he likes her, and then she corrects herself and says that he does like her but there are other feelings mixing together. Then she says she wants to start over and examine him more closely. ^^ So, she still hasn't mentioned her feelings for Kaname in this arc.

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Can we all just come to an agreemant that yuuki is a slut and just move on instead of having internet arguments and wall of texts

lol no one's arguing, the LT is one of the main components of the plot and we're discussing it civilly while also respecting each other's opinion. If you think our tone is argumentative, you should venture out to the Vampire Knight section at tumblr or MangaFox and take a look. :P People get nasty there o_O Like, you have no idea lol. I'm actually surprised by how tame it is here.

Also, my posts are usually always walls of text even when they're not about anything controversial xD I just type a lot. I can't speak for anyone else who might have had a long post recently though.
underthesameskyNov 24, 2012 3:47 PM
Nov 24, 2012 5:34 PM

Sep 2011
underthesamesky said:
Narutowolf77 said:
Yuuki has said she likes Kaname since coming to live with him, in chapter 66 she says she does like him but her feelings are mixed which is why she asked if they could start over so she could examine her feelings.

I'll let you finish your post since you said you'd type up more later, I just wanted to point out that the one line you're citing from Yuuki is actually a mistranslation and was translated differently in the official volumes by Viz Media. Yuuki isn't referring to her feelings but Kaname's feelings: she says that she's not even sure he likes her, and then she corrects herself and says that he does like her but there are other feelings mixing together. Then she says she wants to start over and examine him more closely. ^^ So, she still hasn't mentioned her feelings for Kaname in this arc.

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

lol no one's arguing, the LT is one of the main components of the plot and we're discussing it civilly while also respecting each other's opinion. If you think our tone is argumentative, you should venture out to the Vampire Knight section at tumblr or MangaFox and take a look. :P People get nasty there o_O Like, you have no idea lol. I'm actually surprised by how tame it is here.

Also, my posts are usually always walls of text even when they're not about anything controversial xD I just type a lot. I can't speak for anyone else who might have had a long post recently though.
people get just as bad here, just go to the last chapter discussion for a prime example

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 24, 2012 5:42 PM
Mar 2011
underthesamesky said:

Thanks for correcting me on that also rather than finishing my post on here I think I'm going to finish my KanaYuu essay and post a link to it when I get it up or I would REALLY have a wall of text going XD

And actually the VK section on Mangafox is pretty tame, but I think it used to be bad because there is a topic that says threads and posts needing moderation.

Ah btw I noticed that there isn't an actual topic on MAL for discussion/debate on the VK LT (well there are two that sort of reply but the last posts in both are over two months old so we obviously can't use them) but do you think someone should make one because I'd like to be able to discuss and debate my OTP without straying too far off topic or making a Mangafox account that I'd probably never use again after VK ends XD
Nov 24, 2012 10:21 PM
Oct 2012
dann_anime thank you for being one of the few people who appreciate kaname and his sacrifice.
yuuki is obviously not planning on being with zero...
i mean if i wanted to be with someone i wouldn't erase their memories.
IMO she either wants to die or be with kaname, thats not the way you treat someone you want to be with (in reference to zero). and if she does want to be with him, then...i wouldn't want to be zero because its almost like she sees him as a little brother or something, you know, someone she has to take care of. its like she doesn't respect him as a man.
kaname is the bad ass of this show and is playing his role to perfection. he is the most powerful vampire and he is acting like it. all of the seemingly selfish things he has done so far have been for selfless reasons.
IMO the only people who have a gripe with kaname are zero and people who like him. and aido. time will tell what happened with aido's father. but Kaname is completely wrong for manipulating zero as much as i like kaname zero deserves some justice, this guy has been done completely wrong, by kaname and yuuki. zero deserves to live.
i honestly hope none main three characters die, i think they all deserve happy endings, they've all been through alot.
yuuki for example; your uncle kills your dad and wants to either molest you or kill you...and i dont know which is worse. you have to live practically in an underground bunker your whole life then have your memories manipulated by your mother. then the only person who is close to you hates vampires, which you happen to be...and not only are you a vampire, you're the worst kind of vampire to the person you are close to. the man you admire and are in love with(according to her own words) is a murdering liar, but he was honest about it lol eventually. this guy also doesnt love you enough to make you his first priority and instead chooses to kill himself instead of stay with you. i hope she has a happy ending
zero; this guy...your parents were murdered by a pureblood. your twin brother who you loved was happy about this...
this same brother is weak because you ate a portion of him in the womb and his life sucks because of it. now when you get older you have to finish the job and eat the rest of him...(thats great) then the woman you love turns out to be the very thing you hate and you have to watch her go off with another man oh and by the way this man who She Loves is the man who was responsible for your parents murder(indirectly) and lets not forget that the woman who killed your parents turned you into a vampire. and lets cap it off. just when you think the woman you love loves you back. NOPE i kissed you but sorry im erasing your memories so i can go after the guy that you hate who i said i was in love with and used to live with and was engaged too...
yeah...i hope he has a happy ending
Kuran Kaname
-he deserves a happy ending...because hes a bad ass among bad asses and name a character in any anime/manga anywhere that is cooler than this guy. to be as powerful as he is he is extremely considerate and merciful in the way he deals with the majority of people. i mean he pointed his hand to rido(who is a pureblood) and blew him up into a thousand pieces, who is going to challenge this guy. has he abused his power...yeah. but he could've been a lot worse. the love his life sacrificed herself and left him alone and it seemed that it hurt him so much that he wanted to sleep forever. then his own family resurrected him by killing a baby...(yeah) and then killed the family that he was resurrected into. then he realizes that he cant kill this guy even though he can blow him up into a thousand pieces. so yeah he creates someone who can in zero, because he wanted to protect yuuki. his methods for this was wrong but zero was so young i dont think he had any other choice. he put zero and yuuki together on purpose and made zero strong on purpose. and now rido is dead and yeah kaname has to deal with the consequences, but i dont think he deserves to die. i just think zero should beat him to within an inch of his life and yuuki should stop him lol
Nov 25, 2012 7:22 AM

Aug 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
people get just as bad here, just go to the last chapter discussion for a prime example

Really? I never noticed it before, guess I must have quit reading the discussion by that point. :(

Narutowolf77 said:
Thanks for correcting me on that also rather than finishing my post on here I think I'm going to finish my KanaYuu essay and post a link to it when I get it up or I would REALLY have a wall of text going XD

And actually the VK section on Mangafox is pretty tame, but I think it used to be bad because there is a topic that says threads and posts needing moderation.

Ah btw I noticed that there isn't an actual topic on MAL for discussion/debate on the VK LT (well there are two that sort of reply but the last posts in both are over two months old so we obviously can't use them) but do you think someone should make one because I'd like to be able to discuss and debate my OTP without straying too far off topic or making a Mangafox account that I'd probably never use again after VK ends XD

xD Alright, sounds good. And yeah, the VK section on MangaFox is a lot better now than it was a little while ago. I think it's because we have a good mod there now, he doesn't favour one side or the other, he's pretty fair and a lot of the troublemakers stopped posting there because of it.

We should make one, I think. ^^ If the other LT threads can't be revived.

amaterasu888 said:
IMO she either wants to die or be with kaname, thats not the way you treat someone you want to be with (in reference to zero). and if she does want to be with him, then...i wouldn't want to be zero because its almost like she sees him as a little brother or something, you know, someone she has to take care of.

I don't think that's why she erased Zero's memories. He commented to her on how, as long as Kaname was hell-bent on escaping, it would be nearly impossible to stop him. And Yuuki agreed with him and appeared thoughtful after that. I think she realized that so far nothing else they've done has worked, and she doesn't want anymore people to get hurt either directly (purebloods Kaname is after) or indirectly (Ruka jumping in the way of his fight with Zero). She seems to believe that turning Kaname into a human is the only way, but let's face it, there's no way in hell Zero would let her basically kill herself to stop Kaname. And she realizes that.

Yuuki seemed to be on a suicide mission in 86 when she left Cross Academy (that's what it felt like to me, anyway) but she didn't bother to erase Zero's memories back then. I think the only reason she's doing it now is to stop him from following her or trying to stop her. Because if he failed to stop her and she did succeed, he'd never forgive himself. More than the grief of losing her, I think Yuuki wanted to keep him from experiencing that.

But she's obviously not thinking very clearly because how the hell is she supposed to turn Kaname human anyway o_O Juuri's spell broke on her, does Yuuki really think it wouldn't break for Kaname too with him being her ancestor and having all that power from the purebloods he's devoured?
Nov 25, 2012 4:56 PM
Nov 2012
I'm a fan of Kaname! And, after reading this chapter, I find many answers for him.
Yuki loves Kaname and Zero but deep down, actually the love she feels for Kaneme is much higher. There are over links with Kaname, than with Zero. The decision of Yuki, erase the memories of Zero, is aimed at what he does not suffer for the decision she made (make Kaname human).
I think in the end, she ends up not erase the memories of Zero. I think the Zero is that it will become the "parent". The vampire hunter who sacrifices himself.
To me, that is not logical:

A) The Kaname becomes human and Yuki die (because Kaname loves Yuki too much to live without her. Even if all his past is erased from their memories, the people around him know!);

B) The Yuki become human again and Kaname dies; (A Yuki back to human? Nooooo, I do not think ...)

C) The Yuki still alive (as vampire) and the Kaname die. (The Kaname is Yuki's essential to life. She, like him, can not live without their half. Then he decides to erase the memories of Zero. She knows that if Kaname dies she will have no reason to live as a vampire.)

D) zero, becoming a level E. (Matsuri-San, after much struggle will not thereby to Zero, this final)

Peace exists because the Kuran created. thus, it is necessary to have the Kuran bloodline. (is what I think.) :p

however, I predict that the next chapters will be a surprise. Everything is being very unpredictable.

----
:. sorry if my english is not good but I tried to be clear.
Nov 25, 2012 11:10 PM

Sep 2012
Hahaha I find Mangafox a lot less argumentative than MAL, at least in the past 2 months? I'm missing your walls of text there underthesamesky :(

@DJIzzyIzzyHitler She has no sex whatsoever. I'm not sure where the 'slut' comes from. Slut shaming is really annoying and offensive, please refrain.
Nov 26, 2012 3:03 AM
Nov 2012
LuisaCunha said:
I'm a fan of Kaname! And, after reading this chapter, I find many answers for him.
Yuki loves Kaname and Zero but deep down, actually the love she feels for Kaneme is much higher.

But one thing for sure that I know, Yuki's life belong to kaname, Yuki's heart belongs to zero. Actually, I feel that kaname will be the parent metal. Zero, the underdog till the very end will have his memory erased, Yuki will continue as a normal student with zero not remembering anything about her
Nov 26, 2012 7:22 AM
Sep 2012
I think the tragedy of the story will be that even though Yuuki is genuinely in love with Zero, it will never work out between them because of all the convoluted crap that screw up their lives. Yuuki in this chapter was like, "It would certainly be nice if we had normal human lives and didn't have to deal with all this crap {and we could be together}" and then lets go of the hope that she could be with Zero. She doesn't love Kaname but is bound by her responsibilities as the pureblood princess. Despite how much I hate Kaname I would forgive him somewhat if he died to make Yuuki human. Yuuki may be giving up too soon for a relationship with Zero, no one would care if she was with Zero if she was human, and Kaname may allow that if it makes Yuuki happy, although he probably won't be happy with the dangers that come with proximity to someone like Zero. I don't know. Let's see what happens.
Nov 26, 2012 7:57 AM
Sep 2012
Yuuki would choose Zero in a heartbeat if the choice was up to her. She has an unbelievable fondness for Zero and desire to selflessly help him in any way she can. To me, that's the beginning stages of true love (at least in my experience. Part of my fondness for Zero and Yuuki as a couple comes from the parallels between their relationship and the relationship with somebody I love very deeply in my own life, one that started with us just as playful friends and my desire to become closer to him was initially met with me being pushed away until he went through a hard time in his life and was grateful to me because I helped him in any way I could during that time. Even though he took his anger out with harsh words at me, even though I said callous and thoughtless things, we forgave each other for everything. We're a very happy couple who have been together for about a year and a half and we talk a lot about our happy future together. So to me, Zero and Yuuki with their deep fondness of each other in spite of everything is what a real, true love is like.

Kaname is more like a father figure to Yuuki, one where she was obeying him and trying to make him proud and he was protecting her and forbidding her from certain things. Think about it, a lot of what he does for Yuuki is like, "You may be angry at me, you may disagree with me, but it's necessary and I'm the adult so I get to make the decisions. Everything I do is because I love you. You'll understand when you're older." So please don't try to tell me that they make a good couple because a romantic love is between two equal partners in a relationship, and you can't seriously say that Kaname treats Yuuki like anything but his child. And Yuuki doesn't even seem to like him anymore even though she looked up to him and admired him her entire life, but she understands that she's stuck with him. That's why she still calls him Onii-sama, because that's the way she thinks of him. Sacrificing his life for her is just like Kaname and of the same feeling as everything else he's done, so I wouldn't be surprised if that's how the series ends (and I'd be very satisfied with that ending!).

Kaname's not going to end up with Yuuki in the end, he's too self-sacrificing for Yuuki to survive until the end. I have no idea what direction Zero is going in. I can figure it out for Kaname based on his personality because he's in control of everything, while not Zero because he is in control of nothing. Interesting to see where it goes!
Nov 26, 2012 1:37 PM
Mar 2011

I WAS going to wait until I finish my KanaYuu essay before replying to anyone else's post but you're just making far to many assumptions for me to ignore. It's okay to have your own beliefs and interpretations but it's downright rude to KanaYuu fans, or fans of any pairing when there is a LT, when you state your beliefs and interpretations as FACTS when they are still OPEN to interpretation. It wasn't you're whole post that ticked me off it was these two quotes that did:

alysonskye said:
So please don't try to tell me that they make a good couple because a romantic love is between two equal partners in a relationship, and you can't seriously say that Kaname treats Yuuki like anything but his child.

Practically telling KanaYuu fans that they aren't allowed to have an opinion and:

alysonskye said:
Kaname's not going to end up with Yuuki in the end

Making an assumption as though it's fact almost as if to say KanaYuu fans are stupid for even believing it. Honestly how would you like it if I said:

"Zero's not going to end up with Yuuki in the end. Don't even try to tell me that they make a good couple because romantic love does not include pointing a gun at the other person or saying you will kill them, it's accepting a person no matter who or what they are, the good and the bad."

(Although that last bit about romantic love being about "accepting a person no matter who or what they are, the good and the bad." is indeed true XD)

Anyways please try to be a little more courteous when stating your beliefs and predictions, thanks :)
Nov 26, 2012 1:42 PM

Sep 2011
Vesperlynd said:

@DJIzzyIzzyHitler She has no sex whatsoever. I'm not sure where the 'slut' comes from. Slut shaming is really annoying and offensive, please refrain.
you're thinking of whore, shes a slut if she is jumping back and forth between 2 dudes

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 26, 2012 3:59 PM
Sep 2012
Narutowolf77 said:

I WAS going to wait until I finish my KanaYuu essay before replying to anyone else's post but you're just making far to many assumptions for me to ignore. It's okay to have your own beliefs and interpretations but it's downright rude to KanaYuu fans, or fans of any pairing when there is a LT, when you state your beliefs and interpretations as FACTS when they are still OPEN to interpretation. It wasn't you're whole post that ticked me off it was these two quotes that did:

alysonskye said:
So please don't try to tell me that they make a good couple because a romantic love is between two equal partners in a relationship, and you can't seriously say that Kaname treats Yuuki like anything but his child.

Practically telling KanaYuu fans that they aren't allowed to have an opinion and:

alysonskye said:
Kaname's not going to end up with Yuuki in the end

Making an assumption as though it's fact almost as if to say KanaYuu fans are stupid for even believing it. Honestly how would you like it if I said:

"Zero's not going to end up with Yuuki in the end. Don't even try to tell me that they make a good couple because romantic love does not include pointing a gun at the other person or saying you will kill them, it's accepting a person no matter who or what they are, the good and the bad."

(Although that last bit about romantic love being about "accepting a person no matter who or what they are, the good and the bad." is indeed true XD)

Anyways please try to be a little more courteous when stating your beliefs and predictions, thanks :)

Sorry! I wasn't trying to offend anyone. The way I was taught in school to assert an opinion is to just state it as if it's fact, because if it's an opinion being stated, "I think" or "I believe" is redundant. Obviously if it's an opinion or assumption I'm stating than it's only my opinion or assumption and not fact.

I admit that I worded that wrong, they can have a relationship that will work, it's just if the partners in a relationship do not treat each other as equals the way as I believe Kaname and Yuuki do not then it will never fit my definition of a "good couple" or "romantic relationship".

For the record, I have seen a few people say that about Zero and Yuuki having too messed up a history to have a working relationship. That's fine, that's a valid opinion, and I was never offended by it. Not calling you stupid because you disagree with me, just asserting my opinion. Relax.

If you disagreed with me, I would have really preferred if you discussed your differing opinion and why you think I'm wrong rather than just call me rude.
Nov 26, 2012 7:08 PM

Sep 2012
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Vesperlynd said:

you're thinking of whore, shes a slut if she is jumping back and forth between 2 dudes

So there's a fine difference between slut and whore now? They're both degrading terms for women, using either makes you look like a jerk. Anyway both men and women often see more than one person at a time before choosing someone to date properly. Don't you do that? Yuuki has two love interests, big deal. Kaname broke it off with her so it's okay for her to make out with Zero. She's not cheating. Even IF she did you can call her indecisive, stupid, an idiot, a shitty person whatever you want, but terms like 'slut' 'bitch' = slut-shaming = not cool
Nov 26, 2012 9:45 PM

Jul 2012
Gosh i really hate Yuuki now (is not like i dont hate her in the past). She's like the only character in this manga that haven't mature( Ok some of u might be.. hey she did mature , she have thoughts of saving the world by stopping Kaname ..blah blah blah) But seriously, all she did so far was so brainless, she's so weak and yet she act strong? Cant she just see where she actually stands or how weak she actually is!? I am glad that Zero is not reckless as before and actually grown up . While Kaname decided to do something good.

Seriously i will pray to whatever supernatural stuff out there that Yuuki will at least GROW UP WITH SOME BRAINS AND SENSES.
Nov 27, 2012 8:07 AM
Mar 2011
alysonskye said:

Sorry! I wasn't trying to offend anyone. The way I was taught in school to assert an opinion is to just state it as if it's fact, because if it's an opinion being stated, "I think" or "I believe" is redundant. Obviously if it's an opinion or assumption I'm stating than it's only my opinion or assumption and not fact.

I admit that I worded that wrong, they can have a relationship that will work, it's just if the partners in a relationship do not treat each other as equals the way as I believe Kaname and Yuuki do not then it will never fit my definition of a "good couple" or "romantic relationship".

For the record, I have seen a few people say that about Zero and Yuuki having too messed up a history to have a working relationship. That's fine, that's a valid opinion, and I was never offended by it. Not calling you stupid because you disagree with me, just asserting my opinion. Relax.

If you disagreed with me, I would have really preferred if you discussed your differing opinion and why you think I'm wrong rather than just call me rude.

That's cool, it's just for me there's a difference between assertion and stating facts and your post just came off as the latter when I read it even if that wasn't what you intended.

btw I would have discussed my differing opinion but I have two reasons why I decided not to:

1) I feel this thread is getting cluttered with LT debate and we're on a totally different topic then the actual chapter that's supposed to being discussed as the title of the thread denotes (which is why I created an actual pairing discussion thread :P)

2) I'm working on a KanaYuu essay and really don't want to post any of my opinions right now until it's done since most of what I would post is in the essay so it would just make more sense to finish it and post a link rather than making a large wall of text XD
Nov 27, 2012 11:36 AM

Jan 2012
chyel416 said:
Gosh i really hate Yuuki now (is not like i dont hate her in the past). She's like the only character in this manga that haven't mature( Ok some of u might be.. hey she did mature , she have thoughts of saving the world by stopping Kaname ..blah blah blah) But seriously, all she did so far was so brainless, she's so weak and yet she act strong? Cant she just see where she actually stands or how weak she actually is!? I am glad that Zero is not reckless as before and actually grown up . While Kaname decided to do something good.

Seriously i will pray to whatever supernatural stuff out there that Yuuki will at least GROW UP WITH SOME BRAINS AND SENSES.

Fully agree with you! It's not even that she didn't get any more mature than at the beginning but she lost everything that marked her personality too. She's not cute, bubbly, happy, kind and lovely any more. Just seems like a selfish, pitiful emo-girl (no offence!) with no self-esteem, completely lacking the ability to make decisions.

Just kinda realized what a suitable song AFI - Silver & Cold for the entire love triangle (especially from Kaname's side imo) is tho :'3
NendzNov 27, 2012 11:40 AM
Nov 28, 2012 6:41 AM
Aug 2012
This.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

glad you do so^^
Nov 28, 2012 6:57 AM
Aug 2012
amaterasu888 said:
dann_anime thank you for being one of the few people who appreciate kaname and his sacrifice.
yuuki is obviously not planning on being with zero...
i mean if i wanted to be with someone i wouldn't erase their memories.
IMO she either wants to die or be with kaname, thats not the way you treat someone you want to be with (in reference to zero). and if she does want to be with him, then...i wouldn't want to be zero because its almost like she sees him as a little brother or something, you know, someone she has to take care of. its like she doesn't respect him as a man.
kaname is the bad ass of this show and is playing his role to perfection. he is the most powerful vampire and he is acting like it. all of the seemingly selfish things he has done so far have been for selfless reasons.

IMO the only people who have a gripe with kaname are zero and people who like him. and aido. time will tell what happened with aido's father. but Kaname is completely wrong for manipulating zero as much as i like kaname zero deserves some justice, this guy has been done completely wrong, by kaname and yuuki. zero deserves to live.
i honestly hope none main three characters die, i think they all deserve happy endings, they've all been through alot.
yuuki for example; your uncle kills your dad and wants to either molest you or kill you...and i dont know which is worse. you have to live practically in an underground bunker your whole life then have your memories manipulated by your mother. then the only person who is close to you hates vampires, which you happen to be...and not only are you a vampire, you're the worst kind of vampire to the person you are close to. the man you admire and are in love with(according to her own words) is a murdering liar, but he was honest about it lol eventually. this guy also doesnt love you enough to make you his first priority and instead chooses to kill himself instead of stay with you. i hope she has a happy ending
zero; this guy...your parents were murdered by a pureblood. your twin brother who you loved was happy about this...
this same brother is weak because you ate a portion of him in the womb and his life sucks because of it. now when you get older you have to finish the job and eat the rest of him...(thats great) then the woman you love turns out to be the very thing you hate and you have to watch her go off with another man oh and by the way this man who She Loves is the man who was responsible for your parents murder(indirectly) and lets not forget that the woman who killed your parents turned you into a vampire. and lets cap it off. just when you think the woman you love loves you back. NOPE i kissed you but sorry im erasing your memories so i can go after the guy that you hate who i said i was in love with and used to live with and was engaged too...
yeah...i hope he has a happy ending
Kuran Kaname
-he deserves a happy ending...because hes a bad ass among bad asses and name a character in any anime/manga anywhere that is cooler than this guy. to be as powerful as he is he is extremely considerate and merciful in the way he deals with the majority of people. i mean he pointed his hand to rido(who is a pureblood) and blew him up into a thousand pieces, who is going to challenge this guy. has he abused his power...yeah. but he could've been a lot worse. the love his life sacrificed herself and left him alone and it seemed that it hurt him so much that he wanted to sleep forever. then his own family resurrected him by killing a baby...(yeah) and then killed the family that he was resurrected into. then he realizes that he cant kill this guy even though he can blow him up into a thousand pieces. so yeah he creates someone who can in zero, because he wanted to protect yuuki. his methods for this was wrong but zero was so young i dont think he had any other choice. he put zero and yuuki together on purpose and made zero strong on purpose. and now rido is dead and yeah kaname has to deal with the consequences, but i dont think he deserves to die. i just think zero should beat him to within an inch of his life and yuuki should stop him lol

hank you for Understanding Kaname I mean you are right....
but there is something people are forgetting . the Monster inside of Kaname ,that Rido sealed...and why Rido wanted to awake kaname?? I think the awakening of kaname poses many questions.

and one more thing I think Kaname was sticking to his plan that he had from the beginning (he hasitated ...maybe He wanted sometime to spend with yuki..)
as Shizuka Hio told him he will have a dark future ,which he knows about....maybe he killed Aido's father to show yuki he is bad dunno!? maybe....I mean do you remember there is a chapter when he tell her :I am bad you should hate me ,or something like that....

and again yes Kaname is sooooooooooooooooo cool I mean can't add anything your description said it all^^
Dec 1, 2012 6:29 PM

Jun 2009

Don't count your chickens before they hatch, for one while Yuuki may care for Zero romantically but she also seems to still care for Kaname romantically (I haven't seen any evidence to suggest otherwise), and we still don't know the rest of the sentence started in chapter 87 "The boy I want to cherish...I love him. But I..." we still don't know what the rest of "But I..." is (could be "But I...love Kaname more", "But I...need to save Kaname", "But I... belong with Kaname" etc. Personally I hope for the first one), all we know is that it pertains to Kaname since it shows Yuuki's mask falling off right when she sees him meaning she knows exactly how she feels for both boys now. Also I don't think she'd be saying the only way to stop Kaname is to turn him human if she didn't still hold some feelings for him, I actually interpret this line as her saying "I can't bring myself to kill him so there's no other choice".

Although you could argue that because she refers to him as "Kaname-oniisan" that her feelings are of brother and sister however I see a lot of holes in this as this is one of things she called him as in the past before she finally started calling him Kaname, also I've only seen one translation of the chapter so far and I would like to see another one or have someone actually translate the kanji from the original for me before I really trust it since there was a major difference in two translations from chapter 87 (one said "fondness" and the other said "I love him"). Also I don't think Yuuki's speculation speech exactly gives points to Zeki (and I say this from a completely non-biased standpoint) for one it's almost like Yuuki saying the only way for them to be together is in an alternate world and for another Zero crushed that idea by saying that "In the first place if we were humans we would not have any links" meaning they probably wouldn't fall in love because they wouldn't have anything connecting them (which I can see considering they don't really have much in common), that's just the way I interpret this (and please trust me even though I'm a KanaYuuki fan I try to interpret Zeki scenes from a non-biased standpoint - especially now that I no longer HATE Zero after I vented all my rage in a old forum post, although I still don't necessarily LIKE him and I'm a few points short of neutral).

I think that Yuuki feels romantic love for both Kaname and Zero but I do think that your bias against Zero perhaps prevents you from seeing the manga's focus at the moment is Yuuki's feelings for Zero, and I think these feelings are currently stronger than her feelings for Kaname. When Yuuki talks about being a human I think it's very clear that in that if she was a human not a vampire she would regard Kaname just as a brother and that Zero is the one she would be interested in not Kaname. For pure blood vampire incest is ok/normal but for humans it is not which is why I think in that scenario if Yuuki was a human and did not remember being a vampire than her feelings for Kaname would be normal sibling love not romantic love.
As for Zero crushing the notion that they would of never fallen in love in an alternate world, I don't take that as being crushing for Zeki in any way, it's just typical Zero behavior - it would most likely be just as Yuuki says it would be. If Hino went for a scenario where Kaname somehow heroically dies and Yuuki and Zero become humans (or all 3 of them become humans) I can imagine the final scenes/chapter playing out in a scene just as Yuuki imagined.
Regardless of who lives or dies or what the end pairing is (there might not even be an end pairing if it ends in tragedy) I hope that Hino does justice to both Zero and Kaname's characters arcs so that fans can at least be happy with that aspect even if they are disappointed with their ship not 'winning'.
Dec 1, 2012 8:15 PM
Mar 2011
obviouslygeeky said:

I think that Yuuki feels romantic love for both Kaname and Zero but I do think that your bias against Zero perhaps prevents you from seeing the manga's focus at the moment is Yuuki's feelings for Zero, and I think these feelings are currently stronger than her feelings for Kaname. When Yuuki talks about being a human I think it's very clear that in that if she was a human not a vampire she would regard Kaname just as a brother and that Zero is the one she would be interested in not Kaname. For pure blood vampire incest is ok/normal but for humans it is not which is why I think in that scenario if Yuuki was a human and did not remember being a vampire than her feelings for Kaname would be normal sibling love not romantic love.
As for Zero crushing the notion that they would of never fallen in love in an alternate world, I don't take that as being crushing for Zeki in any way, it's just typical Zero behavior - it would most likely be just as Yuuki says it would be. If Hino went for a scenario where Kaname somehow heroically dies and Yuuki and Zero become humans (or all 3 of them become humans) I can imagine the final scenes/chapter playing out in a scene just as Yuuki imagined.
Regardless of who lives or dies or what the end pairing is (there might not even be an end pairing if it ends in tragedy) I hope that Hino does justice to both Zero and Kaname's characters arcs so that fans can at least be happy with that aspect even if they are disappointed with their ship not 'winning'.

I don't know where you got that I'm biased against Zero, I dislike him that doesn't mean I'm unable to see that the manga's current focus at the moment is on Yuuki's feelings for Zero. And if anything my dislike for Zero helps me to see such scenes from a normal neutral view rather than through the rose colored glasses of a ship.

Also your comment on how you think it would be how Yuuki imagined if all three became human or if Kaname dies and Yuuki and Zero become human got me thinking (and this doesn't really have much to do with you or your comment) if that were to happen my score for this manga would probably plummet o.o and it's not just because of the end pair either it's because such a scenario would be like "Deus ex machina! Romance style!" Especially the one where all three become human . . . *shudders at the thought*

Hino please don't go with such an ending, I'd be happier with almost anything (even a Zeki ending) but that T.T
Dec 2, 2012 2:54 PM
Dec 2012
the story took a twist but I feel that it's also growing confusing, I think it's taking a sad turn towards the end, Yuki should stop running around and choose one of them already! :(

Honestly, I don't read mangas or watch animes but when I saw vampire knight it caught my attention, I really love this manga and If hino killed one of them or turned someone into a human, It's going to be ruined, why is it called Vampire Knight anyway if one of the main characters is going to be human, I still have hope though, hino might come up with some unexpected twists in the coming chapters and it all ends well ...

Haley7Dec 2, 2012 2:58 PM
Dec 9, 2012 3:06 PM

Aug 2010
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Am I only the one that has read this chapter, how is there not a discussion on Chapter 88? Or has Mangahere mislabeled the chapter numbers..

This chapter absolutely killed me, Kaname wanting to be the new parent, yuuki out to save Kaname.
I think thats very noble of her, and I'm glad she is going to such lengths to let Kaname finally be rid of the burdens that were placed on him. He needs someone to stand for him.

Though...erasing zero's memories :(? Ouch, somehow though I think the bond between zero and yuuki is unbreakable and he will somehow remember.

Mod Edit: No links to copyrighted material.
LunaDec 11, 2012 5:22 AM
Dec 9, 2012 7:04 PM

Sep 2012
Looks a moderator came deleted the 88 thread and one other one (perhaps more). Site and Forum Guidelines have been newly updated too. The flaming must have gotten out of hand.

I agree that it's only a matter of time until Zero regains his memories. I guess erasing his memories will allow Yuuki to break free of his tail XD and we'll get some scenes where Yuuki can talk to Kaname alone.
VesperlyndDec 9, 2012 7:10 PM
Dec 10, 2012 2:08 AM

Aug 2010
Vesperlynd said:
Looks a moderator came deleted the 88 thread and one other one (perhaps more). Site and Forum Guidelines have been newly updated too. The flaming must have gotten out of hand.

I agree that it's only a matter of time until Zero regains his memories. I guess erasing his memories will allow Yuuki to break free of his tail XD and we'll get some scenes where Yuuki can talk to Kaname alone.

That makes sense, I've noticed many discussions missing on some forums.

I think erasing his memories will not change anything, in the sense he'll still be cold fronted Zero, a vampire hunter.

I'm glad we'll finally see a conversation with yuuki and kaname where I won't feel that Yuuki is truly not the younger sibliing and is treated as such. So excited!
Dec 10, 2012 4:46 PM

Sep 2012
Wait, it's restored again? lol I couldn't even bring up the cached version yesterday. Site bug? :

Mod Edit: It was a rollback. For more information see the announcement board.
LunaDec 11, 2012 5:24 AM
Dec 13, 2012 2:52 AM
Nov 2010
am I the only one who is disliking Yukki?
I'm not a Kaname fan but turning him into a human? Who said he wants to be a human?
Why decide by yourself Yukki? I don't get it Yukki ...
if Kaname became a human he will die easily just sayin ...
a car might hit him, he might get bit by a vampire and fall to E level or something ...
he might get a virus and .... u never know just sayin

anyway, I don't like how Yukki is treating everyone ...
and about erasing Zero's memories .. WattaFrenchFries?
Scrap!! I don't mind if Zero forgets Yukki, but if she's the one to do it I'll hate her mooooooore ... =
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 68 Discussion

tsubasalover - Jan 22, 2011

26 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 17, 1:26 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 66 Discussion

tsubasalover - Oct 23, 2010

16 by Ayano-Kinoshita »»
Apr 16, 12:19 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.