Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 21, 2012 1:00 PM

Jun 2008
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Raws are out.

Wow, for the first time ever I am surprised in VK. Finally a twist. Finally. Not sure if I like it though XP
lovely color page of Zeki *.*

So basically main points:
- After cockblocking Zeki kiss (CONFIRMED THIS CHAPTER, THEY REALLY KISSED), Kaname leaves. Then he is seen talking to Isaya and saying he wants to become the "new metal" (aka replace the hooded woman) and wants to ask Isaya something about Yuuki. (probably to turn her into human).

- Yuuki thinking how would it be if she and Zero had met both as humans. Thinking of him romantically. (according to translations, she refers to Kaname as "my brother". So it seems her heart has decided who she loves the most = Zero. Although she still loves Kaname I think.)

And the twist there it comes:

YUUKI DECIDING TO ERASE ZERO´S MEMORIES OF HER BECAUSE SHE WANTS TO TURN KANAME INTO HUMAN (AKA SHE WILL DIE FOR IT). So she doesnt want Zero to suffer with her death. Bitch, Why the purebloods are always toying with Zero´s life never letting him choose, damnit
Actually, Im very sad with her decision. I know she wants to protect Zero, and I give her credit, but erasing his memories its just too sad. Its heart breaking T__T Why do I feel a CLAMP vibe?

And there you have. Yuuki erasing Zero´s memories even though he begged her not to.
Well if she dies it would be an amazing twist in shoujo. Not happening for sure, the one who´ll die will probably be Kaname.

So yay, my body is ready. Yuuki wishes for a yaoi ending Zero x Kaname. I like it XP

Anyway no VK next month, only in January. Good way, Hino-sensei, letting us in a cliffhanger for two months. *sighs*

Anyway, theories anyone?
Option A: Zero forgets Yuuki. Yuuki Dies. Kaname lives and becomes lover friends with Zero. Zero probably will go for Maria or Yori?

Option B: Zero remembers Yuuki and saves her. Kaname dies. Zeki stays together as the new Kuran generation.

Option C: Kaname dies, Yuuki turns into a human. Zero with his erased memories meets Yuuki as human whom also has erased memories (because turning into a human will erase them) and they meet again and fall in love again.

Sorry guys, Option D (Zero dies and Yume stays together, IS NOT AVAILABLE) XP
Also, Option E is unlikely (Everyone lives and we have a threesome forever or everyone lives and Yuuki chooses one of them is also highly unlikely at this point).

People in tumblr are saying that next chapter we might finally find out who is the "vampire knight". Zero? Yuuki? Kaname? XD Anyway there´s people saying that VK will end at March, three more chapters to the end? Which makes a total of 18 vols.
So...opinions?

OrulyonNov 21, 2012 1:44 PM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 21, 2012 1:44 PM

May 2011
Orulyon said:
THIS IS A MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Raws are out.

Wow, for the first time ever I am surprised in VK. Finally a twist. Finally. Not sure if I like it though XP
lovely color page of Zeki *.*

So basically main points:
- After cockblocking Zeki kiss (CONFIRMED THIS CHAPTER, THEY REALLY KISSED), Kaname leaves. Then he is seen talking to Isaya and saying he wants to become the "new metal" (aka replace the hooded woman) and wants to ask Isaya something about Yuuki. (probably to turn her into human).

- Yuuki thinking how would it be if she and Zero had met both as humans. Thinking of him romantically. (according to translations, she refers to Kaname as "my brother". So it seems her heart has decided who she loves the most = Zero. Although she still loves Kaname I think.)

And the twist there it comes:

YUUKI DECIDING TO ERASE ZERO´S MEMORIES OF HER BECAUSE SHE WANTS TO TURN KANAME INTO HUMAN (AKA SHE WILL DIE FOR IT). So she doesnt want Zero to suffer with her death. Bitch, Why the purebloods are always toying with Zero´s life never letting him choose, damnit
Actually, Im very sad with her decision. I know she wants to protect Zero, and I give her credit, but erasing his memories its just too sad. Its heart breaking T__T Why do I feel a CLAMP vibe?

And there you have. Yuuki erasing Zero´s memories even though he begged her not to.
Well if she dies it would be an amazing twist in shoujo. Not happening for sure, the one who´ll die will probably be Kaname.

So yay, my body is ready. Yuuki wishes for a yaoi ending Zero x Kaname. I like it XP

Anyway no VK next month, only in January. Good way, Hino-sensei, letting us in a cliffhanger for two months. *sighs*

Anyway, theories anyone?
Option A: Zero forgets Yuuki. Yuuki Dies. Kaname lives and becomes lover friends with Zero. Zero probably will go for Maria or Yori?

Option B: Zero remembers Yuuki and saves her. Kaname dies. Zeki stays together as the new Kuran generation.

Option C: Kaname dies, Yuuki turns into a human. Zero with his erased memories meets Yuuki as human whom also has erased memories (because turning into a human will erase them) and they meet again and fall in love again.

Sorry guys, Option D (Zero dies and Yume stays together, IS NOT AVAILABLE) XP
Also, Option E is unlikely (Everyone lives and we have a threesome forever or everyone lives and Yuuki chooses one of them is also highly unlikely at this point).

People in tumblr are saying that next chapter we might finally find out who is the "vampire knight". Zero? Yuuki? Kaname? XD Anyway there´s people saying that VK will end at March, three more chapters to the end? hum....
So...opinions?

Hmm, I think this should end at least 5 to 6 chapters, but who knows? I still want to see this conclusion as myself.

...but damn, have to wait till March.
Nov 21, 2012 2:11 PM

Mar 2010
One of better chapters (= I actually had an idea what was going on there). Although, I feel like the plot is stepping aside for the romance (why the hell am I even reading that?). Of course, after the "love confession" we get a cliche "twist" of one of the "lovers" losing their memory. Possible solutions: 1. Yuuki stops/it won't work because she loves him. 2. Zero forgets but accidentally meets Yuuki what will lead to a "surprising" and "shocking" recovery of his memories while/after/before saving her life. 3. Something equally overused and "romantic" (read: pointless waste of pages for something that can be done in one page) 4. Whole chapter long detailed threesome sex. (With the current flow of the story, nothing can shock me.)

Chapter commentary: What was the ball build up even for? Oh, right, the cliche Zeki dance and kiss. Not like it was hyped up like something very plot moving and we ended up with something that could have happened completely randomly. I'm not just talking about the overused kiss, dance scene or "I thought you couldn't dance" scene. The ball was completely unnecessary for Kaname to meet Isaya or... well... for EVERYTHING that happened here. Sometimes, I feel like Hino throws in random stuff to make it look cool.

Was I the only one who didn't understand that monologue Isaya had? I mean, first he claimed that he invited Kaname and then he started wondering what he wanted? Also, what's with the sudden "vampires can turn into humans" thingy? I could have sworn that the pre-time skip part made a HUGE deal from Zero turning into a vampire since there was no cure for it. And now we get a completely logical and explained way how to "cure" vampires that was foreshadowed multiple times and it takes a long training. Oh, wait... Seriously, vampires are magicians or what? They learn all of their powers instantly and can erase memories, grow butterfly wings etc. I know Yuuki's mom did that before but we have no idea how it works or who it works on or why wouldn't Yuuki use it on Zero instead (it would be more helpful than erasing memories). Not to mention how random that decision felt.

All in all, Hino should already decide whether she wants to make a story that makes sense, a cliche romance or what, because it's all mixed up and I keep losing track of all of those plotholes. I REALLY hope it will end in next 3 chapters. Getting this far I want to finish it but the longer it lasts, the deeper it goes into cliche, non sense and a big mess. And it had so much promise at the beginning.
Nov 21, 2012 2:39 PM

Aug 2009
Make him human!??!?!

And HOW are they gonna do that!? XDD
Nov 21, 2012 3:04 PM
Mar 2011
Bwahahaha! I knew Kaname had something totally selfless planned for Yuuki, sacrificing himself to make Yuuki human I totally called it XD! Even though he can't now because he plans on becoming the new "parent", still either way you look at it he's sacrificing himself for selfless reasons and I called it :P

Anyways moving on my prediction (and what I'm hoping will happen) is that Zero will wind up sacrificing himself in order to:

1. Take Kaname's place as the new parent (could also work since he has some of Kaname's blood inside of him) thus Yuuki won't have to sacrifice herself to make Kaname human, in which case Kaname remains a vampire and Yuuki may or may not become human (depending on Isaya)

2. Making Kaname human (not totally out of character since he'd be doing it to save Yuuki not Kaname :P) but I'm not sure who would become the new parent (maybe or
maybe not Yuuki depending on if Isaya makes her human)

In number one the end pair would be YuMe plus, number one would also work within the theme of co-existence because it was the VAMPIRE ancestress that sacrificed herself the first time to help the humans/hunters and this time it would be a hunter/human sacrificing himself to help the/a vampire, it fits even more if Kaname remains a vampire and Yuuki becomes a human.

Of course there are the endings that Oryulan (although as a hardcore KanaYuu fan I'm kind of upset that you said the YuMe pairing is unavailable >.<) stated and there (may be, but hope is dying fast) an ending where all three live that ends in YuMe and Zero with another girl like Maria or Yori.

For me I'd most like to see my number one happen within the series and I'd least like to see Oryulan's options B and C (I'd be very, VERY upset if Kaname died so upset that Hino-sensei may suddenly *cough* disappear...) although I CAN'T see a Zeki ending in which Kaname lives (simply because he loves Yuuki too much and could never be with another girl - I can't even picture him with another girl -.-), Zero on the other hand I can easily see with someone like Maria or Yori.
Nov 21, 2012 3:33 PM

Jun 2008
Narutowolf77 said:
Bwahahaha! I knew Kaname had something totally selfless planned for Yuuki, sacrificing himself to make Yuuki human I totally called it XD! Even though he can't now because he plans on becoming the new "parent", still either way you look at it he's sacrificing himself for selfless reasons and I called it :P

Anyways moving on my prediction (and what I'm hoping will happen) is that Zero will wind up sacrificing himself in order to:

1. Take Kaname's place as the new parent (could also work since he has some of Kaname's blood inside of him) thus Yuuki won't have to sacrifice herself to make Kaname human, in which case Kaname remains a vampire and Yuuki may or may not become human (depending on Isaya)

2. Making Kaname human (not totally out of character since he'd be doing it to save Yuuki not Kaname :P) but I'm not sure who would become the new parent (maybe or
maybe not Yuuki depending on if Isaya makes her human)

In number one the end pair would be YuMe plus, number one would also work within the theme of co-existence because it was the VAMPIRE ancestress that sacrificed herself the first time to help the humans/hunters and this time it would be a hunter/human sacrificing himself to help the/a vampire, it fits even more if Kaname remains a vampire and Yuuki becomes a human.

Of course there are the endings that Oryulan (although as a hardcore KanaYuu fan I'm kind of upset that you said the YuMe pairing is unavailable >.<) stated and there (may be, but hope is dying fast) an ending where all three live that ends in YuMe and Zero with another girl like Maria or Yori.

For me I'd most like to see my number one happen within the series and I'd least like to see Oryulan's options B and C (I'd be very, VERY upset if Kaname died so upset that Hino-sensei may suddenly *cough* disappear...) although I CAN'T see a Zeki ending in which Kaname lives (simply because he loves Yuuki too much and could never be with another girl - I can't even picture him with another girl -.-), Zero on the other hand I can easily see with someone like Maria or Yori.

LOL! sorry, I didnt meant to be rude, its just, Im not much of a ZEKI fan (even though I still prefer it to YuMe), Im mostly a Zero fan XD*And I dont like Yuuki much, I dont dislike Kaname though* So, I will flip everything around me and send a hate email to Hino-senpai if she kills Zero, so NO, OPTION D IS NOT AVAILABLE, sorry XP. Actually any option where Zero dies is not available, my brain will refuse it and I shall burn in the fire all my VK vols (or just sell them for the lowest price in ebay because I dont want to own manga like that) XP I dont mind a Yume end, as long as Zero stays alive and HAPPY. Because he deserves it, damnit. If he dies all Kiryuu generation is over, I CANNOT accept it. Ichiru already died, its enough.
Mostly I think that if one of them dies, obviously the other will stay with Yuuki. So because I love Zero, I dont want him to die. I would rather see a yaoi end and Yuuki dying, kay. This guy is eighteen years old and since his childhood has been suffering, its enough.

But I do understand that Kaname fans also dont want him dead. Perhaps something magical will happen and the three of them stay alive and...live in...threesome, or Zero goes for Yori/Maria. (I know Kaname wont choose anyone but Yuuki, I know. I know Zero could choose Yori/Maria but the thing is, he spent the whole manga loving Yuuki not even looking at Maria/Yori when he had plenty of chances, so it means, that Yuuki is also the only one he might ever come to love, unless, ofc, Yuuki succeeds and erases his memories, that way he might try to love other person.

What if option F: No one dies, but Yuuki succeds in: Erasing Zero´s memories and turning Kaname human? Do you know what that means? Both Kaname and Zero will forget her, LOOOOL.

@HikaruIzumi: Reading your post made a click on me. You´re totally right. Im so tired of Hino´s plotholes plus cliché scenes. Also Yuuki did nothing in the whole manga...*typical shoujo heroine, I hate it* I do hope Yuuki redeems herself at the remaining chapters.
Also...why the hell Hino doesnt explain the ancestress story a little better? We know Kaname loved her. Why cant we see their past detailed? Hino didnt even named her. Its the "hooded woman" =_= Kaname, our main is willing to sacrifice himself in order to make her rest or whatever, even choosing her over Yuuki (that´s why he is asking Izaya to turn Yuuki into human, because he choose to become the new metal to replace the ancestress), and we didnt even know anything about the ancestress.
By the way, if Kaname spent 10 thousand years in a coffin, I wonder from where did come from the kurans? Yuuki´s parents? they descend from whom? Did Kaname had a brother, a sister? Because he didnt have children, but he is the Kuran ancestor, so some Kuran had to procreate somehow right?

Lulexiaa said:
Make him human!??!?!

And HOW are they gonna do that!? XDD

It seems that a pureblood can become human if another pureblood dies for him XD Why it works like that I have no idea. Purebloods are magical.
Almost like fairies. That´s why Yuuki had butterfly wings in some chapter. XP
OrulyonNov 21, 2012 3:55 PM

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 21, 2012 4:05 PM

May 2012
so isaya will become kanames substitute in making yuuki into human since kaname cant do it coz hes the new parent.. kanames ensures to kill evil vampire and purebloods so yuuki can stay human without threat ...but yuuki still naive.. poor zero though..

Nov 21, 2012 4:28 PM

May 2010
So they REALLY did kiss in the last chapter?! Oh yes! >.<

Loved the little talk between Yuki and Zero at the end<33, but she's going to erase his memories?!?! :O
And how can she make Kaname human? o.O

Final arc finally starts! I knew it was about to end. Can't wait!!
ZEKI FOREVER.
I hope Yuki doesn't erase his memories. :((
"Wait for the signal, and I'll meet you after dark"
Nov 21, 2012 5:55 PM
Mar 2011
Orulyon said:

LOL! sorry, I didnt meant to be rude, its just, Im not much of a ZEKI fan (even though I still prefer it to YuMe), Im mostly a Zero fan XD*And I dont like Yuuki much, I dont dislike Kaname though* So, I will flip everything around me and send a hate email to Hino-senpai if she kills Zero, so NO, OPTION D IS NOT AVAILABLE, sorry XP. Actually any option where Zero dies is not available, my brain will refuse it and I shall burn in the fire all my VK vols (or just sell them for the lowest price in ebay because I dont want to own manga like that) XP I dont mind a Yume end, as long as Zero stays alive and HAPPY. Because he deserves it, damnit. If he dies all Kiryuu generation is over, I CANNOT accept it. Ichiru already died, its enough.
Mostly I think that if one of them dies, obviously the other will stay with Yuuki. So because I love Zero, I dont want him to die. I would rather see a yaoi end and Yuuki dying, kay. This guy is eighteen years old and since his childhood has been suffering, its enough.

Lol, that's cool no offense taken ^.^

And I kind of feel the same way about Kaname dying, he's suffered so much in his life too, he loved a woman that sacrificed herself, then he was resurrected by Rido only to have his "parents" killed by the same guy that brought him back, the girl that he chose to protect and love lost all her memories or him and then gave half of her heart to another man, he's tainted himself in blood trying to protect that same girl and Yuuki even asked in chapter 49 "What horrible things did you have to endure all alone for so long, too feel this way..." Sorry I'm going off on a tangent it's just when it comes to Kaname he has so little happiness and light in his life it makes me want to cry and now he's planning to sacrifice himself for someone else T.T

Orulyon said:
What if option F: No one dies, but Yuuki succeds in: Erasing Zero´s memories and turning Kaname human? Do you know what that means? Both Kaname and Zero will forget her, LOOOOL.

And then by random chance they'll meet her again and the love triangle will start all over again, ah that'd be great XD
Nov 21, 2012 6:16 PM

Jul 2010
I thought this chapter was gonna turn great I MEAN THEY REALLY KISSED FINALLY!!! My long waited kiss

WTH hell Yuki!! You just got a kiss from the man you chose to love and protect. And your making him forget that kiss? GRRRRRRRR!!!
I am saying I'm not 100% on her plan, ( I want more Zeki action) why does Zero always get hurt by purebloods?
Poor Zero :(
Someone's turning human and I want that to be Yuki so Zero could love her again....
Kaname ( sorry kaname fans) can die for all I care .... >: |
I felt sad at the ending .....hope Zero remembers Yuki.... he needs his blood to spill then he remebers( oh I hope so)
Nov 21, 2012 10:01 PM

Sep 2012
I'll just crosspost my thoughts here-

After reading the chapter, my thoughts are in a jumble as to how the story might pan out. I might well be completely wrong but…

WILL THERE BE A NEW FURNACE

We need a pureblood for a new furnace. If Yuuki can be discounted as far too unlikely a candidate, we have Isaya and Kaname barring latecomers.

It seems that Isaya wants to die. He is willing to either turn Yuuki human or become the new parent, replacing Kaname in both scenarios. However, if he were to die, then how does this resolve the long running issue of purebloods and their eventual desire to commit suicide? Is it okay if their suicides are somehow 'meaningful'? Can a suicide ever be meaningful? Clearly I have a strong problem with ending on yet another pureblood suicide...recall that Juri's death was incredibly bloody and horrifying. Isaya's fate would mirror the fate of all purebloods. The goal in this story is NOT to have them all die, because they have a special mandate in leading the vampire cohort. The goal is to break the pureblood curse.

Same applies to Kaname. Also the trajectory for Kaname becoming the new parent has been far too predictable. I think the fandom divide on Kaname is whether he should be punished or redeemed as a character. Personally I don't think he'll be unambiguously dealt either hand. Kaname is too loved by Hino to be slated by her. In some people's eyes (including mine) Kaname will always be a sympathetic character. His redemption should not come in the form of a furnace functioning to create more war weaponry, counterproductive to the overarching theme of peaceful co-existence. I would much rather him die a true death as a martyr - holding staunchly to his convictions, misguided as they are.

I agree with everyone saying how Yuuki's plan to turn him human will inevitably fail. It's desperately futile, she's just trying everything in her own power to save him. That's pretty heartbreaking.

So I guess my point is that perhaps there's a possibility that the furnace ends with the HW dissipating. We don't need weapons in peace, even as deterrents because it adds to the probability that the feud would begin all over again.

WILL ANYONE TURN HUMAN

I share the same feelings as a lot of people about the ineffectuality of turning someone human again (only to have them revert back in the future, probably). I suppose there could be a way for this to happen without driving the human!vampire insane when they start to recall things if the memories were not properly suppressed in the first place. So say if Yuuki failed to take Zero's memories and then someone turned him human, he may be a-okay as a human.

However, I feel like this would still be just recycling an old plot device, plain lazy writing. If either Zero or Yuuki became human, who would lead the hunter's association/the vampire cohort if Kaname is dead? Was all that material hyping Zero as a successor to the HA and Yuuki as the unconventional pureblood princess moot, mere fanservice? What happened to 'embracing the vampire in you'? How can Zero and Yuuki help facilitate peaceful co-existence is one or both are human?

Hence, I suspect this is just a stupid red herring and no one will turn human. As cute as anaemic Zero & Yuuki meeting 'for the first time' would be!

WHAT'S MISSING
- More explanation on Adiou-dono death/illusion (can't let this go seriously lol just want Aidou to get a happy ending! Personally I'd love for this be in Kaname's favour, because I don't want him to die hated by all the vampires. )

- Zero biting Yuuki (*whispers* please be saving this for the last chapter and Zeki endgame)

Is it just me or does Zero STILL have no idea that Yuuki has the hots for him? And only a bite would confirm it for him? Because he's oddly dismissive when she pretty much confesses to him in this chapter lol! He probably thinks she bit him to trick him closer so she could use the bracelet, not that she wants him or something /sigh. lol at how he wanted to focus on Kaname's conversation with Isaya and all Yuuki wanted to talk about was dancing with him that night LOLOLOL and fantasising about aggressively nursing a wounded complacent Zero-sempai LOL IM DONE. DEAD FROM ALL THIS GOODBYE
Nov 21, 2012 10:46 PM

Jun 2009
Wow, didn't see the whole "turn him into a human" thing.
Kaname is such a hindrance...

I really don't want Yuki do die and I really want Zero to be happy.
Ever since I started reading this I always though "Kaname would die"
but I don't dislike him.
Nov 21, 2012 11:43 PM
Oct 2012
its clear to me that kaname is not really in love with yuuki, seems like he was in love with the vampire from his memories. so as a kaname fan i dont really care if he gets with yuuki or not. but one thing does seem to be clear to me, the way he treats yuuki is the way that she treats zero. and for all the zeki fans out there, i dont really like that if im a zero fan. i mean its like she runs the relationship. im a kaname fan but i like zero. i hope he ends up with someone else, i wouldnt want to be zero. the girl i love is constantly asking herself whether or not she like me...she always knew she was in love with kaname. the way she looks or used to look at kaname is the way that zero deserves to have someone look at him, not take away his memories because she is afraid of hurting him wtf its like pity or something.
i dont want kaname to die because he in my opinion is the only interesting character in the manga and id rather see him end up with yuuki, and zero end up with some hot vampire chick who is a better a woman than yuuki. hate to reference twilight but, kaname is obviously her edward and zero is obviously her jacob, and to all the zero fans out there...who wants to be somebodies jacob. zero can do better and deserves better.
and by the way, why do people hate kaname so much. with the exception of uchiha itachi, hes the dopest character ive ever seen. hes cool, calm and collected, and unselfish even though his methods may be dark in nature, but...he is a vampire, i mean what are we expecting. this is a manga about vampires not angels
Nov 22, 2012 3:14 AM

Aug 2011
didn't understand what he meant with "parent" @@

anyone can explain to me?
Nov 22, 2012 6:10 AM

Jun 2008
Man4life said:
didn't understand what he meant with "parent" @@

anyone can explain to me?

Im not sure but I believe that being the "parent" is to replace the hooded woman (the one who died to donate her "body" to make anti-vampire weapons. Her body became the "original metal" and from that came artemis and bloodyrose etc). For what I understood, Kaname has been killing purebloods because they´re the only ones able to turn humans into vampires, Aka, he is protecting humans like the ancestress /hooded woman wished. At the same time he is protecting Yuuki from potential enemies. When he went to the hunters association, the hooded woman soul was there and he "released" her, which implies someone has to replace her. Her soul was not at "peace" because the original metal resides there and I believe it only can be freed when other one takes her place (Kaname).

A pureblood must die to make other pureblood human, so he cannot do that for Yuuki since he intends to become the "parent". ("original metal"="parent", I think).

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 22, 2012 6:30 AM

Nov 2007
Rima and Shiki are on Kaname's side it seems. Yuuki not wanting Zero involve by erasing his memory about her?

Waiting two months (release of March issue is January 24) for the final arc to start is painful.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Nov 22, 2012 11:27 AM

Jan 2010
Oooh I just can't wait >.< Finally some action!!
Denerwować się to mścić się na własnym zdrowiu za głupotę innych.
Nov 22, 2012 7:34 PM
Mar 2011
RantingPrincess said:

I'm pretty sure we all can agree that Yuuki's plan is going to fail (hopefully). I also can finally confirm that she LOVES Zero, not as a friend or brother but as a lover! So yep, I'm positive that it's gonna be a ZEKI ending.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch, for one while Yuuki may care for Zero romantically but she also seems to still care for Kaname romantically (I haven't seen any evidence to suggest otherwise), and we still don't know the rest of the sentence started in chapter 87 "The boy I want to cherish...I love him. But I..." we still don't know what the rest of "But I..." is (could be "But I...love Kaname more", "But I...need to save Kaname", "But I... belong with Kaname" etc. Personally I hope for the first one), all we know is that it pertains to Kaname since it shows Yuuki's mask falling off right when she sees him meaning she knows exactly how she feels for both boys now. Also I don't think she'd be saying the only way to stop Kaname is to turn him human if she didn't still hold some feelings for him, I actually interpret this line as her saying "I can't bring myself to kill him so there's no other choice".

Although you could argue that because she refers to him as "Kaname-oniisan" that her feelings are of brother and sister however I see a lot of holes in this as this is one of things she called him as in the past before she finally started calling him Kaname, also I've only seen one translation of the chapter so far and I would like to see another one or have someone actually translate the kanji from the original for me before I really trust it since there was a major difference in two translations from chapter 87 (one said "fondness" and the other said "I love him"). Also I don't think Yuuki's speculation speech exactly gives points to Zeki (and I say this from a completely non-biased standpoint) for one it's almost like Yuuki saying the only way for them to be together is in an alternate world and for another Zero crushed that idea by saying that "In the first place if we were humans we would not have any links" meaning they probably wouldn't fall in love because they wouldn't have anything connecting them (which I can see considering they don't really have much in common), that's just the way I interpret this (and please trust me even though I'm a KanaYuuki fan I try to interpret Zeki scenes from a non-biased standpoint - especially now that I no longer HATE Zero after I vented all my rage in a old forum post, although I still don't necessarily LIKE him and I'm a few points short of neutral).

--------------------------------------------------

On a different note for anyone that was wondering who the blonde chick in the chapter that said "He killed her younger brother and my husband" was I think it was Aido-senpai's mother (and I certainly was not happy with her saying 'He killed her younger brother' that was not Kaname's fault -.-).
Nov 23, 2012 1:24 AM

Jun 2010
So, Yuuki is trying to act strong now? Probably she will get into trouble soon.
Nov 23, 2012 3:27 AM

Jan 2012
Meh, I don't like where this is going. The episode ends and we don't know if Zero really forgot her or not, I hope he can stop her somehow. It'd be so complicated and sad if she erased his memories. At least this chapter didn't leave me with question marks over my head though, the last few I had no idea what the heck was going on and just went with the flow tbh. Maybe it'll even be Zero who kills either her or Kaname (or both?) eventually.

However, at first I preferred Kaname, but now he's just being a weirdo, nothing like the charming, gentle, tender, loving, cool vampire from before. I don't now why all he ever does nowadays is saying weird stuff, confusing me and then disappearing again T.T it' kinda hard for me to let him go but my guess is that he'll die. Out turn will either be ITT's option B or C imo.
I'm still absolutely loving the story but I feel like his transformation was a bit too rushed, from one chapter to another I felt like they replaced him for some cold-hearted, greedy-for-power super vampire for no reason whatsoever :(

I'm glad I started reading the manga (when I finished season 2 of the anime I felt kinda empty and wanted to know how it ends not knowing the manga is still airing lol) Besides, does any1 know when and if season 3 will b out? I love the voice actors they've chosen for them.

But stay tuned guys, hearts will be broken! :<

Edit: Absolutely loved the cover artwork and Yuuki in her ball dress (still think she's a lot prettier with long hair but whatever >,< )
NendzNov 23, 2012 3:42 AM
Nov 23, 2012 7:40 AM
Nov 2012
If zero going to lost his memories, I don't know about this but one thing for sure, this feeling gonna to be very bitter. I hope for a season 3 too, zero's voice actor is fantastic, the award winning voice actor for setsuna/light yagami
Nov 23, 2012 7:59 AM
Aug 2012
amaterasu888 said:
its clear to me that kaname is not really in love with yuuki, seems like he was in love with the vampire from his memories. so as a kaname fan i dont really care if he gets with yuuki or not. but one thing does seem to be clear to me, the way he treats yuuki is the way that she treats zero. and for all the zeki fans out there, i dont really like that if im a zero fan. i mean its like she runs the relationship. im a kaname fan but i like zero. i hope he ends up with someone else, i wouldnt want to be zero. the girl i love is constantly asking herself whether or not she like me...she always knew she was in love with kaname. the way she looks or used to look at kaname is the way that zero deserves to have someone look at him, not take away his memories because she is afraid of hurting him wtf its like pity or something.
i dont want kaname to die because he in my opinion is the only interesting character in the manga and id rather see him end up with yuuki, and zero end up with some hot vampire chick who is a better a woman than yuuki. hate to reference twilight but, kaname is obviously her edward and zero is obviously her jacob, and to all the zero fans out there...who wants to be somebodies jacob. zero can do better and deserves better.
and by the way, why do people hate kaname so much. with the exception of uchiha itachi, hes the dopest character ive ever seen. hes cool, calm and collected, and unselfish even though his methods may be dark in nature, but...he is a vampire, i mean what are we expecting. this is a manga about vampires not angels

OMG you've read my thoughts!!!!!!

yes it is what I wanted to say even ,the twilight example!!!!

and kaname is the only reason I'm reading this Manga ,if he dies I will be so sad!!!
I mean from the very beginning Kaname is throwing his life for the sake of Yuki...and she is not aware of it which makes me hate her a bitt..do you remember when Kaname asked Yuki and she said she wants a new beginning ...he is doing this for her ..I mean the real one who is in misery is Kaname ...I totally agree he is really the king he is the Vampire knight
Nov 23, 2012 8:11 AM
Aug 2012
Kaname is good as I said he is doing it For yuki pfft.....

this is the new beginning he promised her....TT

but did anyone realized how sad was kaname's eyes when he looked at yuki befor his departure ...no he loves her ...but she is like so lost twilight pffffft

I hope Matsuri hino won't sacrifice kaname...because he deserve happiness for once!!!
from the beginning of this manga he is suffering ..

guys she left zero, and she want to sacrifice herself ( I mean ,how she will turn him otherwise she won't have to undo zero's memories ) to save Kaname ....he is still her number one...
Nov 23, 2012 8:37 AM

Nov 2007
Narutowolf77 said:

Don't count your chickens before they hatch, for one while Yuuki may care for Zero romantically but she also seems to still care for Kaname romantically (I haven't seen any evidence to suggest otherwise), and we still don't know the rest of the sentence started in chapter 87 "The boy I want to cherish...I love him. But I..." we still don't know what the rest of "But I..." is (could be "But I...love Kaname more", "But I...need to save Kaname", "But I... belong with Kaname" etc. Personally I hope for the first one), all we know is that it pertains to Kaname since it shows Yuuki's mask falling off right when she sees him meaning she knows exactly how she feels for both boys now. Also I don't think she'd be saying the only way to stop Kaname is to turn him human if she didn't still hold some feelings for him, I actually interpret this line as her saying "I can't bring myself to kill him so there's no other choice".

Exactly. This is what I'm thinking too. Ive been waiting for this chapter to see the continuation of her sentence and then all of a sudden, they turned it into another part??
I'm a kaname fan so naturally I want him to be happy but if you really asked me, He does not deserve Yuuki! Ugh. For a decisive man like him, he must not be with an indecisive lover like yuuki! Ugh. Ugh. Ugh.
*sigh. but I want him to be happy, so he must be with her. *sigh.

-- I love Kaname Kuran. I hope he will get a good ending. period.

three chapters more? hmnn. I hope Hino-Sensei can pull it off. I mean,up to the last arc, we are still wondering on who she's going to end up with.. will wait patiently and with control (i hope) .... :))
inn0centdem0nNov 23, 2012 8:43 AM
Nov 23, 2012 10:16 AM
Mar 2011
dann_anime said:
Kaname is good as I said he is doing it For yuki pfft.....

this is the new beginning he promised her....TT

but did anyone realized how sad was kaname's eyes when he looked at yuki befor his departure ...no he loves her ...but she is like so lost twilight pffffft

I hope Matsuri hino won't sacrifice kaname...because he deserve happiness for once!!!
from the beginning of this manga he is suffering ..

guys she left zero, and she want to sacrifice herself ( I mean ,how she will turn him otherwise she won't have to undo zero's memories ) to save Kaname ....he is still her number one...

This.

This is exactly what I was thinking.

inn0centdem0n said:

three chapters more? hmnn. I hope Hino-Sensei can pull it off. I mean,up to the last arc, we are still wondering on who she's going to end up with.. will wait patiently and with control (i hope) .... :))

What do you mean three chapters more? I remember it saying it will start it's final arc in March but I don't remember it giving the number of chapters left...
Nov 23, 2012 10:38 AM

Jan 2012
I also wanna believe that Kaname is the good guy, but he's kinda out of the spotlight lately and didn't explain himself much so it seems like they just wanna finish it and he's the sacrificial lamb :(

It's really, really difficult lol
Nov 23, 2012 12:52 PM

Jun 2008
C´mon guys, we know there will always be Yume fans and Zeki fans, and Kaname fans and Zero fans and it will be a fight like Inuyasha - Kagome - Kikyo, and I honestly believe that no matter which Yuuki chooses, the fandom of the other guy will rage eternally...but the story has to end otherwise people will start getting tired even if they love a chara there.

I honestly dont dislike Kaname, but I love Zero. I understand how its like to have your fav chara killed, believe me, so I wont criticize Kaname fans, and Im forced to comply with Yume shippers regarding Yuuki undeniably loving Kaname, perhaps more than Zero. Her behavior has been very inconsistent all this time. Its impossible to know.
People ask me why I dislike Yuuki and its so easy to reply.Im sorry Yuuki fans Because she was unable to choose one of the guys truly and spent the whole manga being protected by both guys without doing almost nothing, so its finally time to see her in action Sure, we all can love two or more persons at the same time, but when the "time arrives" you choose one and dont get doubts, that´s it.
She was with Zero and was like "Yeah, I love Kaname but Ill stay with you." Then she was with Kaname and was like "Yeah, I LOVE you but you know, half of my heart is with Zero". Then she switches to Zero and was like "Yeah sure I love you, but you know, I love Kaname too and I cannot stay with you". Then she switched again and now we have "OMG, Zero, after all , I love YOU. BUT, yeah, I gotta go stay with Kaname."

Will she stop it? Whom the fuck she loves the most?!!! Because in one chapter it seems its Zero and another chapter its seems its Kaname, and I never know. She seems Inuyasha: stays with one, chases after the other =_= seriously? 18 vols guys! 18 vols, of those changes/indecision/doubts its enough....
Anyway, good luck to Yume/Kaname fans, and ofc, Good luck to us too, Zeki/Zero fans^.^

Oh and to Zero/Kaname fans, good luck to KaZe! ;) that´s the yaoi route

All ships must be respected;)

now regarding the March issue...no one is sure if there is 3 chapters remaining OR, if its the beginning of a new arc, AKA, more volumes...perhaps 10 more =_=

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 23, 2012 7:07 PM

Oct 2008
...So many feels. It seems pretty obvious it's going to be a Zeki ending because... dear god all the moments together. It's finally happening... but stupid Yuuki. Stop trying to do everything by yourself! Don't take away Zero's memories of you...
She thinks it will make things better for Zero but she doesn't realize... she's the reason he made it through all those years...
Making another selfish decision again, Yuuki, all by yourself.
Nov 23, 2012 7:19 PM

Sep 2012
Please make Rima and Shiki a canon couple. =D

... though I think it is pretty much canon.
Nov 23, 2012 8:39 PM

Aug 2011
I just quickly skimmed through the posts on here, so just a couple things I want to answer/point out for now. I'm working on a proper post that's a bit more LT-centric, I'll post that when it's done.

@ "I love you," vs. "Fondness."
This got brought up so I thought I'd comment on it too. The japanese text for this line was "suki," which is typically translated as I like you or I love you depending on the context. Fondness isn't inaccurate but it's a bit awkward sounding in English. Whether you prefer like or love is up to you but the implication is romantic nonetheless, thus Yuuki is basically thinking that her feelings for Zero are romantic. Fans can decide for themselves what the extent of her feelings are. ^^

Yuuki calling Kaname her brother/oniisama
There are three translations out now: one by senbyafanatic on livejournal, which is translated from the Chinese Raws. She translated this line as "My brother." The other two are the scanlation teams, S2Scans and White Lily Scans, and they both translated it as Kaname-onii-sama.

Zero Sacrificing Himself
I won't say it can't happen, but at the end of the day Zero is still an ex-human vampire and we don't know much about his abilities as a complete twin born to the hunters. The reason a pureblood is necessary for creating a new furnace is because as Kaname discovered, the only thing capable of destroying them is themselves, thus a pureblood sacrifice being necessary. As for turning a vampire into a human (I forget now if this one was actually mentioned on here or not, sorry!), I think this is also something beyond an ex-human vampires abilities.

Parent Metal
This was explained already on here, I just wanted to elaborate a bit. The furnace (or "mother metal" as it was called before) is where all anti-vampire weapons originated, thus it's like the "parent" of those weapons, their place of origin.

Isaya Setting up the Masquerade
There's possibly more to it, but I think that Isaya just wanted to stop being a spectator and actually do something for a change, like Kaien did. Possibly this is connected with the "50 years of memories," that he gained from his servant when he drank her blood, after he first woke up from his slumber. It seems like Haruka and Juuri were dear friends of his, though, and I believe it's because their children are involved in the current conflict and technically on opposite sides that he wanted to do something to perhaps honour that friendship. Maybe he was just hoping Kaname would give some kind of meaning to Isaya's existence, or end it.

As for the Masquerade Ball itself, it was somewhat random, but apart from the purposes it served in the plot I think Hino just threw it in to parallel the arc one dance (which even got an honourable mention in this chapter). She seems fond of the parallels between the two arcs, or characters.

Yuuki Erasing Zero's Memories
First of all, I'm fairly certain that Yuuki was successfully able to erase Zero's memories, since we had Zero's thought (while Yuuki was drinking his blood) that "something within him" was disappearing. And on that page, we see his memories of Yuuki. After she subdues him with her bracelet, we see Zero's thoughts again and he thinks that his memories of her are.... ['disappearing' I assume but it's not actually specified]

We have to also remember that this isn't just about Yuuki trying to ease his suffering; Zero hasn't been letting her out of his sight, and it's probably because he noticed something was up (chapter 86 he comments on how he doesn't know what's gotten into her). She tried to leave the Academy without telling him, but he seemed to know anyway and was waiting for her. She tried to convince him to stay because of his duties (and Zero is a dutiful person) and he chose to leave with her anyway. She gave him that speech about how she couldn't live with him and belonged to someone else, and he chose to walk into her house and force her to confront her own feelings. Yuuki knows that Zero wouldn't approve of this plan, which is why she never told him about it until she was erasing his memories of her existence. She also knows that he'd try to save her and he'd never forgive himself if he failed. So, from this perspective, Yuuki's actions make sense.

Zero will definitely remember Yuuki. Not only do we have an example of this in the first arc, when Yuuki remembered about Zero confronting Maria/Shizuka, but we have an example in this arc as well when the class president Kageyama remembered who Ruka was despite his memories being erased - and Ruka was someone he had a crush on throughout the first arc. Since in this case, Ruka's entire existence seemed to be erased from his mind, it's the best example we have of this happening in the manga and it's probably why Hino randomly included that scene at all.

Shiki & Rima on Kaname's Side
I don't think they're on Kaname's side so much as Takuma's. They were following him to the Association before when he went with Sara, and he's now back by Kaname's side. I think this time, they want to stick close to him. He seems to be a very dear friend to both Shiki and Rima, so they may want to protect him from doing anything foolish or even from getting too involved in Kaname's plans. I kind of see it being like Ruka and Kain - Ruka didn't agree with what Kaname was doing, but she cared for him and wanted to look out for him. Kain especially didn't agree with Kaname, but he wanted to look out for Ruka and protect her.
underthesameskyNov 23, 2012 8:42 PM
Nov 23, 2012 9:40 PM
Mar 2011
underthesamesky said:

Yuuki calling Kaname her brother/oniisama
There are three translations out now: one by senbyafanatic on livejournal, which is translated from the Chinese Raws. She translated this line as "My brother." The other two are the scanlation teams, S2Scans and White Lily Scans, and they both translated it as Kaname-onii-sama.

Zero Sacrificing Himself
I won't say it can't happen, but at the end of the day Zero is still an ex-human vampire and we don't know much about his abilities as a complete twin born to the hunters. The reason a pureblood is necessary for creating a new furnace is because as Kaname discovered, the only thing capable of destroying them is themselves, thus a pureblood sacrifice being necessary. As for turning a vampire into a human (I forget now if this one was actually mentioned on here or not, sorry!), I think this is also something beyond an ex-human vampires abilities.

Thank you for clearing up the whole 'brother' thing for me. I wanted to know how accurate the translation was manily because I came across some Zeki fans saying that it meant Yuuki prefers Kaname as her brother, which I still don't really buy because:

A) Since she's speculating on what would have happened if things were different meaning IF Kaname had been her actual brother, not that she CARES for him as a brother, that things might have been different between her and Zero.

B) She only discovered Kaname wasn't her real brother a few chapters before he left meaning she may still not be ENTIRELY used to referring to him as just Kaname and occasionally have a slip of tongue.

C) (Since one person, don't even think it was on this forum, said that she would have called him her boyfriend or something different than her brother if she had romantic feelings for him I'll cover this too.) If Yuuki couldn't have called Kaname her boyfriend, or senpai in her speculation because: one she was speculating about Zero, calling Kaname her boyfriend would be out of place (and may have pissed him off), two Zero had already occupied the senpai role and Yuuki probably wanted to give Kaname a role that tied him to her - this is just my speculation though :P

-----------------------

As for your comment on Zero sacrificing himself, I say there's still a high possibility that he COULD sacrifice himself to become the new parent because he has drank the blood of three purebloods (Yuuki, Kaname, Sara) and thus has the blood of three purebloods inside him, also don't the hunters already have SOME vampire blood in them because the first hunters drank the blood of the Ancestress and that's what gave them their powers :\ As for him sacrificing himself to make someone human, I wouldn't rule it out entirely because we don't know a lot about the process itself, whether it can be done by only a pureblood or if any vampire or person can do it all we know is that Juuri used it on Yuuki, Kaname was planning to use it, and Kaname asked Isaya to do it (which he might have just asked because he knows Isaya wants to die).
Nov 23, 2012 9:58 PM

Jan 2012
To be honest, they're both lovely and would both deserve to be her 'prince'. I can understand that Yuuki can't/doesn't wanna decide :P

It looks like she already made her decision though, when she started talking to Zero about how it could've been between the two of them if they weren't vampires.
I don't really like her any more though, she has nothing left of the happy, bubbly personality from the beginning. She's really dark and mysterious now, so I guess in fact both of them would be better off without her. Zero was her second choice right from the beginning and he doesn't deserve that. On the other hand, because she doesn't understand Kaname's behaviour and that he's doing it for her, she runs back to Zero.
The feeling the anime brought over in the 2 seasons was much more romantic and heartbreaking at the same time than what it is now in my opinion. I was always torn apart myself between the two guys. When I started watching I liked Zero more, then Kaname til the end but now after reading so much more I'm torn apart again and I have no idea what's going to happen, can only guess as much.

I'm still confused about a few things tho;

1. Doesn't Kaname actually love the hooded woman like in the dream/vision he showed Yuuki?
and 2. didn't Kaname say that he's not actually Yuuki's brother but stole his body or whatever?
NendzNov 23, 2012 10:11 PM
Nov 23, 2012 11:58 PM
Mar 2011
Nendz said:

I'm still confused about a few things tho;

1. Doesn't Kaname actually love the hooded woman like in the dream/vision he showed Yuuki?
and 2. didn't Kaname say that he's not actually Yuuki's brother but stole his body or whatever?

To answer your questions:

1. Kaname LOVED the hooded woman but then she died and now he loves Yuuki more (obvious from his actions and words), and she isn't just a replacement because he stated in the dream/vision that you can't replace a person.

2. Kaname isn't actually Yuuki's brother, but he didn't steal the body of Yuuki's real brother. Rido stole Yuuki's real brother and used his life to revive Kaname who then attacked Rido and drank some of his blood but the blood and the life of the baby weren't enough to awaken Kaname in a complete state his body was to weak and he was too full of bloodlust so in order to survive he reverted his body to the size of a baby and suppressed his memories. You can read the pages here: It's pages 5-10

Btw I love the picture in your signature :)
Nov 24, 2012 12:10 AM

Jan 2012
Aw, thank you very much :) now I got it. It's quite difficult to understand the translations sometimes.

I still don't know why Kaname does all this though, he promised Yuuki a new start but to make her happy he should've just stayed with her and not risk his life and make her stop loving him (like being rude to her, 'You're in my way' etc.)

I love it too, it's my favourite picture of them :D will make a new more beautiful signature out of it soon, because this 1 i quite old, also from the new artwork of Yuuki and Zero.
Nov 24, 2012 3:59 AM

Jun 2008
Nendz said:

I still don't know why Kaname does all this though, he promised Yuuki a new start but to make her happy he should've just stayed with her and not risk his life and make her stop loving him (like being rude to her, 'You're in my way' etc.)

Kaname is doing it for Yuuki´s safety and at the same time because he clearly feels guilty for the hooded woman sacrificing herself and not being able to "rest" because the "parent" is a tree and it seems it traps the soul of the pureblood there. Love and Guilty.
Being "rude" is necessary when you want a person to stay away from you. It was almost the same when Zero said to Yuuki "Next time I see you I´ll kill you". Harsh words that are disguising their real feelings.
And then both Kaname and Zero are persons who care a lot about their duty. Zero´s purpose (to kill all purebloods) became Kaname´s purpose.

What I never understood (and Im open to explanations!) is why in one chapter long time ago Kaname was talking to "dead" Rido and saying "While Im alive you can never die". or something like that. I still cant get why Rido´s "ghost" haunts Kaname.

underthesamesky said:
I'm fairly certain that Yuuki was successfully able to erase Zero's memories

Me too. It would be impossible to stop now. She kept the bracelet during the whole manga btw. Im pretty sure Zero will start acting like Sakura from Tsubasa chronicles, because everyone around him remembers Yuuki and ofc, people will tell them about her, so unless Yuuki erased everyone´s memories about her, it doesnt make sense. Zero will be in pain firstly trying to remember who is missing in his memories and later "who is that Yuuki you´re telling me about, I must remember". I sense Yori coming. Possibly Maria also.
Also, if she is erasing herself and leaving Kaname in his memories, doesnt make sense again. Zero will keep living now, only for hate and he will chase after Kaname just like her.
So yeah in the end they´ll meet all again.

ワンダーランド花 ♥

Nov 24, 2012 6:13 AM

Jan 2012
Ahhhhh~ this is all so dramatic, if it was anything else I'd call it cheesy but I'm absolutely in love with Vampire Knight.

I figured Kaname was doing it for her anyway, but he also said after all that he wants to sacrifice himself so she can turn human again. Unless he knows that she'd really rather be with Zero, that's pretty selfish of him. He never talked to her properly, maybe she would have stayed with him, although we know that she was kinda going crazy (as in really upset) when 'locked up' in the castle. Besides that, Zero is a vampire too, so her being a human again would risk her safety (also due to jealousy or hate of other vampires who could rip her apart if they knew she was human again) and Kaname wouldn't want that. It must tear him apart though to see her running back to Zero, although it is according to his plan. It'd make sense though, because he knows she'll be safe with him (I'm referring to "You could never betray her, because you are under her obligation. You are being let to live because of that, Zero. By me." here). I guess her talking about Zero when Kaname and her were together made him decide to do what he's doing right now. Poor guy :(

He also said he wants to destroy all the Anti-Vampire Weapons, right? I assume due to the fact that 'the parent' could rest then and wouldn't be trapped in the tree. Why does he need to replace it then though (like he said at some point, that he wants to become the new parent)? Obviously because he feels responsible for the hooded woman being trapped there, but wouldn't destroying the weapons alter the use of keeping her soul in the tree? (We know she supports him though as she kills Sara, I think it was?)
And how the hell did Kaname get Shiki and Rima (love them <3) to help him again though? because the group was kinda split.
I have no clue about Rido but maybe he was cursed for killing the Kuran-baby or for awakening Kaname?
NendzNov 24, 2012 6:24 AM
Nov 24, 2012 7:58 AM
Mar 2011
Orulyon said:

What I never understood (and Im open to explanations!) is why in one chapter long time ago Kaname was talking to "dead" Rido and saying "While Im alive you can never die". or something like that. I still cant get why Rido´s "ghost" haunts Kaname.

I think it has something to do with the fact that Rido used his blood when he awakened Kaname (along with the life force of Yuuki's original brother) it could be that because of that he has a small part of Rido inside of him.
Nov 24, 2012 11:15 AM

Aug 2011
Orulyon said:

Narutowolf77 said:
Thank you for clearing up the whole 'brother' thing for me. I wanted to know how accurate the translation was manily because I came across some Zeki fans saying that it meant Yuuki prefers Kaname as her brother, which I still don't really buy because:

Nov 24, 2012 12:14 PM
Jul 2018

The cover page blew me up. :3 And they really did kiss at the last chapter?

I liked Yuuki in this chapter but erasing Zero's memories of her. Aww. Sorta know why she done that especially she doesn't want to involve Zero anymore. She likes/loves Zero but I think she's still more concerned about Kaname. So, who will become human? Yuuki wants Kaname to turn into human so as Kaname.

Final arc is coming. Can't wait. FINALLY.
Nov 24, 2012 12:40 PM

Sep 2011
So Kaname wants her made human and she wants Kaname made human both of which would result in the other dying.
lol She is an idiot.
Zero has matured a lot.
She did not get to erase his memories.
That elder vampire said he would sacrifice himself to turn her human but if she wants to turn Kaname human as well which incidentally she said was to stop him from killing everyone or being so powerful they can't stop him not really to just be nice. So convoluted and we hve to wait - what a cliffhanger.
If Kaname becomes the parent, that means that she would not wind up with him, he would be like the woman he loved who gave herself over to making the weapons etc, so he would basically not exist as a body anymore he would be given over to the others like in the furnace.
If Yuuki took Zero's memories, I don't think such a thing would last and his memories would return if he was unbound such as him seeing her or the necklace breaking or something like that.
If she made Kaname human she would die like her mother did to make her human but his power take over and killing would be stopped.
If Kaname made her human he would die, or if the elder did it in his place the elder would die.

Seems like zero will be the only survivor if any of the outcomes happen.

But it was a really good albeit frustrating chapter.

I also really loved the cover and the color page of her and Zero. I am also more of a Zero fan than a Zeki fan but I would not mind them ending up together, it's just that I am not a particular a fan of yuuki herself....
inzarathaNov 25, 2012 7:01 PM
Nov 24, 2012 12:48 PM

Sep 2011
Thank god its almost over. I dont think i can deal with much more of this crap, hope for the good end.....aka everyone dies, thats my happy ending for this.

Immahnoob said:
Jizzy, I know you have no idea how to argue for shit,

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 24, 2012 1:19 PM
Mar 2011
underthesamesky said:

In this arc, Yuuki hasn't said she loved Kaname at all, or even liked him, not even when directly asked. She referred to him as Kaname-oniisama even though they were engaged, and while we can say that's because she felt he was her brother, it would make more sense for her to still be used to calling him Kaname-sama because that's what she had referred to him as for ten years of her life when she was human. Since they were engaged, she should have been calling him just "Kaname" after living together for a year, but I would have personally understood simply "Kaname-sama" since it would be hard to change old habits. Referring to him as oniisama though made it seem like that was how she saw him, as her brother. From Yuuki's end there was just a lot of awkwardness in their relationship, she was very passive. Not only that, but she hasn't reflected on her relationship with Kaname much at all. There's no flashbacks to memories that are important to her, like we've seen Zero have with Yuuki and Yuuki have with Zero. There's still no acknowledgement of her feelings for Kaname now, even in her mind. We were never shown the affect Kaname's blood had on Yuuki like we did with Zero. And, to top it all off, she wasn't being sated by Kaname but after drinking from Zero she suddenly understands what being sated is like.

So for me, all of that plus Yuuki's ideal world having Kaname as her brother is what makes me feel that's how she sees him. She's supposed to be his fiancee but she feels no guilt whatsoever for her romantic advances toward another guy o_O I mean, biting Zero, offering her blood to him on the train in 87 just like how Ruka offered her blood to Kaname before, licking her blood off Zero's face, leaning up to kiss him and then showing no remorse for it whatsoever when she is LITERALLY caught in the act? Personally I think it would be better for her character if that was because her feelings for Kaname weren't romantic, otherwise she looks really bad. She's fantasizing about a world where she could have been with Zero, but even on her own we've never seen her fantasize about a world where Kaname wouldn't have found it necessary to do what he's doing and they could have just lived together. I'm willing to take this back if it happens in future chapters or something else happens in the manga to counter my opinion, but for now...

Well you are entitled to your opinion there are a few things I want to point out to show why I don't think she sees him as her brother. Yuuki has said she likes Kaname since coming to live with him, in chapter 66 she says she does like him but her feelings are mixed which is why she asked if they could start over so she could examine her feelings. Also it's not that Kaname's blood didn't sate Yuuki it's that half her heart still belonged to Zero so she couldn't be FULLY sated until she drank his blood, it's shown, also in chapter 66 that Yuuki's desire for Kaname's blood is "so pure it can't be hidden". It's also hinted that she may have felt jealousy in this same chapter. I honestly never saw Yuuki as passive during this time, first there's in chapter 65 where she gets angry at Kaname for not being there when she woke up pages 24-31 and there's the fact that she often tells Kaname that she wants to know more about him, and how she blushes whenever he kisses her (chapter 57

I have more to say but I have to go now so I'll type more later :P
Nov 24, 2012 1:26 PM

Sep 2011
Can we all just come to an agreemant that yuuki is a slut and just move on instead of having internet arguments and wall of texts

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Jizzy as you would call yourself because youre a dick The most butthurt award goes to you And clearly you havent watched that many shows thats why you cant determine if a show is unique or not Or maybe you're just a child who likes common stuffs where hero saves the day and guys gets all the girls. Sad taste you have there kid you came up to me in the first place making you look more like a kid who got slapped without me even knowing it and start crying about it to me

Nov 24, 2012 3:43 PM

Aug 2011
Narutowolf77 said:
Yuuki has said she likes Kaname since coming to live with him, in chapter 66 she says she does like him but her feelings are mixed which is why she asked if they could start over so she could examine her feelings.

I'll let you finish your post since you said you'd type up more later, I just wanted to point out that the one line you're citing from Yuuki is actually a mistranslation and was translated differently in the official volumes by Viz Media. Yuuki isn't referring to her feelings but Kaname's feelings: she says that she's not even sure he likes her, and then she corrects herself and says that he does like her but there are other feelings mixing together. Then she says she wants to start over and examine him more closely. ^^ So, she still hasn't mentioned her feelings for Kaname in this arc.

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
Can we all just come to an agreemant that yuuki is a slut and just move on instead of having internet arguments and wall of texts

lol no one's arguing, the LT is one of the main components of the plot and we're discussing it civilly while also respecting each other's opinion. If you think our tone is argumentative, you should venture out to the Vampire Knight section at tumblr or MangaFox and take a look. :P People get nasty there o_O Like, you have no idea lol. I'm actually surprised by how tame it is here.

Also, my posts are usually always walls of text even when they're not about anything controversial xD I just type a lot. I can't speak for anyone else who might have had a long post recently though.
underthesameskyNov 24, 2012 3:47 PM
Nov 24, 2012 5:34 PM

Sep 2011
underthesamesky said:
Narutowolf77 said:
Yuuki has said she likes Kaname since coming to live with him, in chapter 66 she says she does like him but her feelings are mixed which is why she asked if they could start over so she could examine her feelings.

I'll let you finish your post since you said you'd type up more later, I just wanted to point out that the one line you're citing from Yuuki is actually a mistranslation and was translated differently in the official volumes by Viz Media. Yuuki isn't referring to her feelings but Kaname's feelings: she says that she's not even sure he likes her, and then she corrects herself and says that he does like her but there are other feelings mixing together. Then she says she wants to start over and examine him more closely. ^^ So, she still hasn't mentioned her feelings for Kaname in this arc.

DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:

lol no one's arguing, the LT is one of the main components of the plot and we're discussing it civilly while also respecting each other's opinion. If you think our tone is argumentative, you should venture out to the Vampire Knight section at tumblr or MangaFox and take a look. :P People get nasty there o_O Like, you have no idea lol. I'm actually surprised by how tame it is here.

Also, my posts are usually always walls of text even when they're not about anything controversial xD I just type a lot. I can't speak for anyone else who might have had a long post recently though.
people get just as bad here, just go to the last chapter discussion for a prime example

Immahnoob said:

tokiyashiro said:

Nov 24, 2012 5:42 PM
Mar 2011
underthesamesky said:

Thanks for correcting me on that also rather than finishing my post on here I think I'm going to finish my KanaYuu essay and post a link to it when I get it up or I would REALLY have a wall of text going XD

And actually the VK section on Mangafox is pretty tame, but I think it used to be bad because there is a topic that says threads and posts needing moderation.

Ah btw I noticed that there isn't an actual topic on MAL for discussion/debate on the VK LT (well there are two that sort of reply but the last posts in both are over two months old so we obviously can't use them) but do you think someone should make one because I'd like to be able to discuss and debate my OTP without straying too far off topic or making a Mangafox account that I'd probably never use again after VK ends XD
Nov 24, 2012 10:21 PM
Oct 2012
dann_anime thank you for being one of the few people who appreciate kaname and his sacrifice.
yuuki is obviously not planning on being with zero...
i mean if i wanted to be with someone i wouldn't erase their memories.
IMO she either wants to die or be with kaname, thats not the way you treat someone you want to be with (in reference to zero). and if she does want to be with him, then...i wouldn't want to be zero because its almost like she sees him as a little brother or something, you know, someone she has to take care of. its like she doesn't respect him as a man.
kaname is the bad ass of this show and is playing his role to perfection. he is the most powerful vampire and he is acting like it. all of the seemingly selfish things he has done so far have been for selfless reasons.
IMO the only people who have a gripe with kaname are zero and people who like him. and aido. time will tell what happened with aido's father. but Kaname is completely wrong for manipulating zero as much as i like kaname zero deserves some justice, this guy has been done completely wrong, by kaname and yuuki. zero deserves to live.
i honestly hope none main three characters die, i think they all deserve happy endings, they've all been through alot.
yuuki for example; your uncle kills your dad and wants to either molest you or kill you...and i dont know which is worse. you have to live practically in an underground bunker your whole life then have your memories manipulated by your mother. then the only person who is close to you hates vampires, which you happen to be...and not only are you a vampire, you're the worst kind of vampire to the person you are close to. the man you admire and are in love with(according to her own words) is a murdering liar, but he was honest about it lol eventually. this guy also doesnt love you enough to make you his first priority and instead chooses to kill himself instead of stay with you. i hope she has a happy ending
zero; this guy...your parents were murdered by a pureblood. your twin brother who you loved was happy about this...
this same brother is weak because you ate a portion of him in the womb and his life sucks because of it. now when you get older you have to finish the job and eat the rest of him...(thats great) then the woman you love turns out to be the very thing you hate and you have to watch her go off with another man oh and by the way this man who She Loves is the man who was responsible for your parents murder(indirectly) and lets not forget that the woman who killed your parents turned you into a vampire. and lets cap it off. just when you think the woman you love loves you back. NOPE i kissed you but sorry im erasing your memories so i can go after the guy that you hate who i said i was in love with and used to live with and was engaged too...
yeah...i hope he has a happy ending
Kuran Kaname
-he deserves a happy ending...because hes a bad ass among bad asses and name a character in any anime/manga anywhere that is cooler than this guy. to be as powerful as he is he is extremely considerate and merciful in the way he deals with the majority of people. i mean he pointed his hand to rido(who is a pureblood) and blew him up into a thousand pieces, who is going to challenge this guy. has he abused his power...yeah. but he could've been a lot worse. the love his life sacrificed herself and left him alone and it seemed that it hurt him so much that he wanted to sleep forever. then his own family resurrected him by killing a baby...(yeah) and then killed the family that he was resurrected into. then he realizes that he cant kill this guy even though he can blow him up into a thousand pieces. so yeah he creates someone who can in zero, because he wanted to protect yuuki. his methods for this was wrong but zero was so young i dont think he had any other choice. he put zero and yuuki together on purpose and made zero strong on purpose. and now rido is dead and yeah kaname has to deal with the consequences, but i dont think he deserves to die. i just think zero should beat him to within an inch of his life and yuuki should stop him lol
Nov 25, 2012 7:22 AM

Aug 2011
DJIzzyIzzyHitler said:
people get just as bad here, just go to the last chapter discussion for a prime example

Really? I never noticed it before, guess I must have quit reading the discussion by that point. :(

Narutowolf77 said:
Thanks for correcting me on that also rather than finishing my post on here I think I'm going to finish my KanaYuu essay and post a link to it when I get it up or I would REALLY have a wall of text going XD

And actually the VK section on Mangafox is pretty tame, but I think it used to be bad because there is a topic that says threads and posts needing moderation.

Ah btw I noticed that there isn't an actual topic on MAL for discussion/debate on the VK LT (well there are two that sort of reply but the last posts in both are over two months old so we obviously can't use them) but do you think someone should make one because I'd like to be able to discuss and debate my OTP without straying too far off topic or making a Mangafox account that I'd probably never use again after VK ends XD

xD Alright, sounds good. And yeah, the VK section on MangaFox is a lot better now than it was a little while ago. I think it's because we have a good mod there now, he doesn't favour one side or the other, he's pretty fair and a lot of the troublemakers stopped posting there because of it.

We should make one, I think. ^^ If the other LT threads can't be revived.

amaterasu888 said:
IMO she either wants to die or be with kaname, thats not the way you treat someone you want to be with (in reference to zero). and if she does want to be with him, then...i wouldn't want to be zero because its almost like she sees him as a little brother or something, you know, someone she has to take care of.

I don't think that's why she erased Zero's memories. He commented to her on how, as long as Kaname was hell-bent on escaping, it would be nearly impossible to stop him. And Yuuki agreed with him and appeared thoughtful after that. I think she realized that so far nothing else they've done has worked, and she doesn't want anymore people to get hurt either directly (purebloods Kaname is after) or indirectly (Ruka jumping in the way of his fight with Zero). She seems to believe that turning Kaname into a human is the only way, but let's face it, there's no way in hell Zero would let her basically kill herself to stop Kaname. And she realizes that.

Yuuki seemed to be on a suicide mission in 86 when she left Cross Academy (that's what it felt like to me, anyway) but she didn't bother to erase Zero's memories back then. I think the only reason she's doing it now is to stop him from following her or trying to stop her. Because if he failed to stop her and she did succeed, he'd never forgive himself. More than the grief of losing her, I think Yuuki wanted to keep him from experiencing that.

But she's obviously not thinking very clearly because how the hell is she supposed to turn Kaname human anyway o_O Juuri's spell broke on her, does Yuuki really think it wouldn't break for Kaname too with him being her ancestor and having all that power from the purebloods he's devoured?
Nov 25, 2012 4:56 PM
Nov 2012
I'm a fan of Kaname! And, after reading this chapter, I find many answers for him.
Yuki loves Kaname and Zero but deep down, actually the love she feels for Kaneme is much higher. There are over links with Kaname, than with Zero. The decision of Yuki, erase the memories of Zero, is aimed at what he does not suffer for the decision she made (make Kaname human).
I think in the end, she ends up not erase the memories of Zero. I think the Zero is that it will become the "parent". The vampire hunter who sacrifices himself.
To me, that is not logical:

A) The Kaname becomes human and Yuki die (because Kaname loves Yuki too much to live without her. Even if all his past is erased from their memories, the people around him know!);

B) The Yuki become human again and Kaname dies; (A Yuki back to human? Nooooo, I do not think ...)

C) The Yuki still alive (as vampire) and the Kaname die. (The Kaname is Yuki's essential to life. She, like him, can not live without their half. Then he decides to erase the memories of Zero. She knows that if Kaname dies she will have no reason to live as a vampire.)

D) zero, becoming a level E. (Matsuri-San, after much struggle will not thereby to Zero, this final)

Peace exists because the Kuran created. thus, it is necessary to have the Kuran bloodline. (is what I think.) :p

however, I predict that the next chapters will be a surprise. Everything is being very unpredictable.

----
:. sorry if my english is not good but I tried to be clear.
Nov 25, 2012 11:10 PM

Sep 2012
Hahaha I find Mangafox a lot less argumentative than MAL, at least in the past 2 months? I'm missing your walls of text there underthesamesky :(

@DJIzzyIzzyHitler She has no sex whatsoever. I'm not sure where the 'slut' comes from. Slut shaming is really annoying and offensive, please refrain.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 93 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Lalalandzz - May 22, 2013

271 by weaboo_lord »»
Feb 4, 8:37 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 1 Discussion

VARIAchan - Nov 4, 2009

7 by miaeiner »»
Oct 17, 2023 5:14 PM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 58 Discussion

tsubasalover - Feb 19, 2010

30 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 7:09 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 56 Discussion

tsubasalover - Nov 20, 2009

29 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 6:27 AM

Poll: » Vampire Knight Chapter 54 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Keykeyoh - Sep 24, 2009

54 by LaurenStark »»
Apr 22, 2023 5:31 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.