Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (9) « First ... « 8 9 [10]
Nov 15, 2015 10:22 AM
May 2013
Too edgy for me .
At least the soundtrack and plot twists were good .
Jan 19, 2016 8:51 PM
Feb 2013
God I hope there's another E7 anime, hopefully a proper sequel.
Feb 19, 2016 3:33 AM

Feb 2016
SakiSakiSaki said:
God I hope there's another E7 anime, hopefully a proper sequel.

Srsly this should be held as a sequel but as another completely separate anime which has only a few nostalgic Eureka Seven connections......As a show it is a 7 for me but if u insist that it is a sequel[which it is not] then it's a 5 @_@
Can't be bothered anymore
Feb 19, 2016 3:34 AM

Feb 2016
Ichimaru201 said:
Ok the series was pretty decent. I think it is not nearly as good as Eueka Seven, but still good if you look at it as a stand alone series. Still worth the watch!

At last someone who agrees !!!!
Can't be bothered anymore
Mar 4, 2016 5:18 AM

Dec 2012
This was okay, just that it was inferior in every possible way to the original, with bland characters, OST and OP/EDs not as good, as well as weird aspects such as Truth and the politics. And the Scub Coral escaped the Limit of Questions by developing Quartz and traveling between universes, causing secrets to appear? That could have been prevented if all the Scub Coral was destroyed.

Some episodes were good and some were pretty weak, with a lot of aspects like the Quartz Gun feeling like asspulls. I have mixed feelings about this show, but overall, I was glad that I watched it, if only for Eureka and Renton.
Nov 15, 2016 12:19 PM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
nocardigan said:
so... they killed all the Ao's potential romance for the sake of keeping Eureka x Renton... way to just piss off the protagonist in the story

no one knows hiim in the new world he's in and archetype Truth disappears = AO HAS NO FRIENDS :(

I was shipping Naru at the start but the show makes you forget her, and then later on hate her along with the Truth, just to try to make you like her again, when suddently she wants to be on Ao's side?!
Fleur was just a much better romance option for Ao, but like almost everything in this anime, it never goes anywhere, almost like the existence of the anime is contradicting itself.

Had this Astral Ocean on hold for 4 years! Since the beggining was so lacking in being interesting, at to rewatch some episodes before I continued, but even still, I just cant understand this anime. I know it fails at so many points but it is not easy to pin point them for me, thank god for this post here:

That is precisely how one should describe it, gets too much convuluted to its own good, and when it starts to develop and estabelish their characters, we have things like that Quartz gun that alterates the timeline events.
Naru sucks, she is just the most retarded character in the show, why does she even exist? Where Bones wanted to go with her development?!
Truth was a bad villain too, but it is like almost every problem comes from how convuluted the plot gets, even if it is not the sequel we wanted to have for E7, there are enough promising aspects present here, but the plot fucks it up, especially on these last 2-3 episodes.
Because lets be honest, AO wasnt bad, despite suffering from wanting to be a really complex and intelligent story with time-travel and shit, up till episode 20 it was at least enjoyable, and Renton and Eureka appearing is some good fanservice but in the end it just falls on its own feet. Even the animation was top notch, while the OST wasnt as good as the original, Astral Ocean had the ingredients to be good enjoyable show that would not tarnish the original, but the choices they make for the plot, and especially the conclusion just kill it.
Just a shame, I really cant give it a good score, it was enjoyable and fun the most part but felt meaningless in the end.
Bones shoot themselves in the foot. Wow.
6.4 = 6
PlaycoolNov 15, 2016 12:24 PM
Nov 16, 2016 12:42 AM

Nov 2012
Playcool said:
I was shipping Naru at the start but the show makes you forget her, and then later on hate her along with the Truth, just to try to make you like her again, when suddently she wants to be on Ao's side?!
Fleur was just a much better romance option for Ao, but like almost everything in this anime, it never goes anywhere, almost like the existence of the anime is contradicting itself.

Had this Astral Ocean on hold for 4 years! Since the beggining was so lacking in being interesting, at to rewatch some episodes before I continued, but even still, I just cant understand this anime. I know it fails at so many points but it is not easy to pin point them for me, thank god for this post here... (edited for length)

Holy, I got a notification for being quoted 4 years later XD

Glad to see my words still hold up. Glad to see that people still feel disappoint from this series.

In the last 4 years I even tried to give it a rewatch and it's just has a terrible story. So many issues I can't even reconcile.

I mean Truth goes from being a Secret to becoming an Archtype... like how the eff? In what way should he just magically transform from the things that destroys scubs, into a Scub essentially when the Quartz gun is used on him. Since the gun more or less erases whatever it hits from existence across all time... not transform them into something different.

Also it still doesn't explain how the Nirvash 2.0 got an archtype... Renton built the Nirvash 2.0 without one... just because Secrets were removed from existence, doesn't affect how the Nrvash 2.0 was built.

Like any and all the time line crap was so poorly handled cause the changes don't even rationally add up in any shape or form. I can't even think about this show with out all the gaping plot holes coming up in my mind, let alone the terrible show direction choices.

If Cinema Sins reviewed this anime they would probably sentence it to use the Quartz Gun on itself and erase it from existence.

TheMaverickkNov 16, 2016 12:50 AM
Nov 16, 2016 4:02 AM
Supreme Tsundere

Nov 2012
TheMaverickk said:
Playcool said:

Had this Astral Ocean on hold for 4 years! Since the beggining was so lacking in being interesting, at to rewatch some episodes before I continued, but even still, I just cant understand this anime. I know it fails at so many points but it is not easy to pin point them for me, thank god for this post here... (edited for length)

Holy, I got a notification for being quoted 4 years later XD

Glad to see my words still hold up. Glad to see that people still feel disappoint from this series.

In the last 4 years I even tried to give it a rewatch and it's just has a terrible story. So many issues I can't even reconcile.

I mean Truth goes from being a Secret to becoming an Archtype... like how the eff? In what way should he just magically transform from the things that destroys scubs, into a Scub essentially when the Quartz gun is used on him. Since the gun more or less erases whatever it hits from existence across all time... not transform them into something different.

Also it still doesn't explain how the Nirvash 2.0 got an archtype... Renton built the Nirvash 2.0 without one... just because Secrets were removed from existence, doesn't affect how the Nrvash 2.0 was built.

Like any and all the time line crap was so poorly handled cause the changes don't even rationally add up in any shape or form. I can't even think about this show with out all the gaping plot holes coming up in my mind, let alone the terrible show direction choices.

If Cinema Sins reviewed this anime they would probably sentence it to use the Quartz Gun on itself and erase it from existence.

Could have quoted you sooner, if I had seen AO after seeing E7 back in 2012, but that beggining was so boring that I got side tracked easily.
Like you said, they keep building these developments to just drop them at the next scene, truth is one of the bigger examples, that said, it would had been a nice twist if it had happened in the middle of the season, and was properly explained. The existence of Quartz Gun made this show worst than it could have been. It cripples the whole plot built.

Yeah you dont even need to say anything, the plot erases itself with Quartz Gun.
Mar 29, 2017 9:26 AM

Nov 2014
Most ridiculous thing was Renton's voice. Every time when he spoke i imagined Holland
Nov 23, 2017 8:55 PM

Oct 2008
I just finished watching this series and I really enjoyed it. I thought Ao was a great protagonist and it was cool how you could see both Renton and Eureka in him. I think more people should give this a chance as long as they don't expect it to be the same thing as the original Eureka 7, which I also watched recently so I didn't have nostalgia for it as much as people who watched it earlier. So sad to watch Ao and Renton fight at the end and not resolve things between them though. Also had a hard time believing him and Eureka would be trying to destroy the corals. Maybe Truth had the last laugh, letting Ao out high in the atmosphere with a board that may or may not work. Glad to see other people were thinking that too. Lol!
Jan 3, 2018 8:09 AM
Mar 2012
HAHAHAHAAAA, GREAT ENDING!!

Ep23: some good summaries on page1 were mostly right, but there's some major thematic/goal errors.
Naru: her dialogue made no sense. Translation error? She's siding with Truth after he attacked her last time (angry over getting controlled by Naru instead the other way around). Her only reason was Truth's too strong to defy!? Really? Naru's goal is consistent still, siding with Scub survival, but she goes full stupid derp believing insane chaotic evil Truth can be reined in.

Truth: emo kid is reciting the "correct world", Dr. Johanson probably taught him. Basically he wants our real world, where countries use nuclear power, all the same wars happened, and no scubs/secrets. He hinted (more like hammered repeatedly) "this world is wrong", and he wants to change the world back to correct it. I love that Mark I punching Truth over the moon, gorgeous mecha action & zany itano circus throughout both episodes.

Ao: While I did find s1 Renton & friends had too many annoying brats, Ao has never been annoying. Yes indecisive but reasonably, as he thinks over things, not just idealistic or only looking for bad guys. He matures & gets no one's full evil who deserves to vanish, even Truth. After Truth got his wish to vanish by shooting Quartz Gun 2nd time, seems Mark I transformed (probably where the 3rd timeline had Truth become his Archetype/Coralian). Yay Renton/V3 & a long awaited family reunion.

ep24: Ehhhhh, lots of infodump. Ignoring Question Limit (basically Scubs can travel thru space/time), and some time paradox mess, most of Renton's explanations sorta make sense. Renton & Eureka's world (10k years after Ao's), like most others, got destroyed by Scub Burst (basically collateral damage from Secrets fighting Scubs). They can time leap to specific target by anthropic principle... ok whatever.
Eureka: Renton threw her & type0 into the pillar to teleport where trapars are low (Okinawa 10k years ago). Then we had her backstory as Ao's single mom raising him like 12+ years ago. No idea why Trapar petrifies a human + Coralian hybrid, but guess that's the new "setting." Anyhow this explains dead elder sister, and why Ao's born in Okinawa.
Reason Eureka's lost in space-time is because ~10 years ago, she aimed to move the mass of quartz elsewhere, no specific spacetime. Eureka was in a pinch to save Okinawa & Ao from an imminent Burst so ok.

Renton's goal: get the Quartz Gun that can only fire once more, teleport to the first Scub on earth to destroy it. Then all of earth history would be free of Scub/Secrets. Also removing trapars. This goal meant Eureka'd be stuck in spacetime still, and Renton would never see Ao again. Gen Bleu probably won't ever exist. The whole anime wouldn't exist lol. He also did the same protecting Scubs vs Secrets like Bleu did.
Soccerrrrr!!!! About the main thing connecting s1 fond memories, complete with all the child abuse s1 is known for. Oh in AO the Gekko got completely forgotten, just cameo lol.

Ao's goal: duh he doesn't want dad's goal (soccer symbolism get it lol?), because Ao instead wants to shoot the Gun to save his Mom by jumping 10years ago, and because he already recognized neither Scub/Secret are enemies. So they skirmish a bit.

Naru: not useful, but as Ao's example of peaceful human Scub symbiotic relationship.

PLOT TWIST!! That destroyed Nirvash was Ao's, some time loop paradox happened. Anyhow, Ao & Renton went to 10years ago when real Eureka was still holding the Quartz. It's amazing the theme of parenting returns: Renton & Eureka claims they're just selfish, but they did it all for Ao to survive with low trapars. It's what Mom Hannah & Rebecka both raised support in earlier episodes, and the whole plotline with Fleur's misunderstood but amazing dad/CEO.
Practically, Renton lost, & Ao won his goal to prevent further sacrifice by sacrificing himself. Renton & real-Eureka return to their far future. Ao blasts all Scub/Secret near Okinawa (not all scubs obviously), which also saves Naru from scub infection in the first place.

Now it's Ao & destroyed MarkI's turn to float transparently in spacetime. Anyhow MarkI/Truth decides to keep sight-seeing timelines, but Ao surfs down to 2027 (3rd change, 4th timeline). Gazelle's moving up the politics ladder, so the whole Bleu gang's probably alive. Okinawa still has trapars apparently...? Well his last glide showed no trapars left, maybe parachute lol? Anyways Ao only destroyed one scub in Okinawa 10 years ago only to save anma, all other Scubs supposedly still spread trapars. It wasn't very clear.

End: disappointing just abandoning Fleur, Elena & Noa, where Ao doesn't exist. Wish they could've shown him meeting them again. At least Toshio might remember.
Jan 19, 2022 3:45 PM

Feb 2012
Ao's first instinct is the punch Renton (as he promised). The Scub Coral escaped the limit of questions in the original universes by using Quartz to go to other universes (Ao's universe in particular). Eureka is a humanoid coral so she can use the same means of inter-universal travel, so her transience is because she cannot control where she wants to go according to Renton? I think Renton's plan was the use the Quartz gun to undo the problems they caused from the root.

They referenced the soccer/football episode!
Rough timeline is
Sometime after Psalms of the Planets: Secrets first attack Scub Corals and then humans? Eureka and Renton are tasked with killing the scubs and one day Eureka and the Gekko are encased in one, travelling to Ao's time/universe whilst pregnant. She meets Ao without realizing he's her son but she returns. But the baby turns to stone due to the high trapar concentration. The next time Eureka is pregnant, Renton sends her to a different universe hoping there are low trapar concentrations there so their child will survive.

12006 AD: Corals travel from Renton's universe to Ao's universe using Quartz and but are repelled by Secrets.
2600 BC: Corals travel back to the time when the great pyramids were built to avoid secrets. I'm guessing this is a bootstrap paradox that creates the point-of-divergence from Renton's universe in the first place.
1700s: Secrets also start arriving in the past to chase the Scub Corals, causing scub bursts.

2000s: Having diverged from the original timeline. Okinawa is independent from Japan. Eureka falls out of the sky thinking it's a place with low trapars. It isn't... but Ao doesn't turn to stone.
She disappears trying to stop the quartz.

After being erased from the timeline Truth became the Archetype inside Ao's IFO?? Is he the same kind of organism as the archetype inside the typeZERO is or is he like the Secret hacking Georg. Was he really erased or maybe the gun made it so he never got assimilated by scub coral (since that's how it works right? it only erases scub coral and everything else is a side effect).

So Ao changes history by being the one to destroy the quartz instead of his mother. Henceforth, he is the one jumping through time while Eureka is reunited with Renton.
Fortress_MaximusJan 22, 2022 3:01 PM

Novels I have read/am reading pending approval: since November 10 2022
Feb 12, 2022 4:54 PM
Jun 2008
Many posts here seem to ignore the sequel https://myanimelist.net/anime/34776/Eureka_Seven_AO__One_More_Time_-_Lord_Dont_Slow_Me_Down which makes for a MUCH happier and clearer ending to the series. It does slightly affect the overall perspective of the show although much of the discussion is entirely valid even bearing this in mind.
Sep 28, 2022 5:07 AM

Mar 2013
The rest are garbage. Only this last 2 episode makes any sense...

Now I really need a sequel for this garbage.
To properly give a wonderful happy ending with the four of them (yes, including Ao's sister would be a great story).

The OP/ED's are the only ones who made me like this anime.
It's not that I dislike this genre but... to add unnecessary fan services to/in/for heroines
and ultimately destroys her character and personality; their purity tarnished because of it,
is the only thing I hope to not happen to them. For that sole purity is my fan service.
Pages (9) « First ... « 8 9 [10]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

tsubasalover - May 24, 2012

156 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:12 PM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 23 Discussion

Kefkiroth - Nov 19, 2012

20 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:38 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

bastek66 - Sep 27, 2012

217 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 4:14 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Sep 20, 2012

108 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 3:47 AM

Poll: » Eureka Seven AO Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Aug 16, 2012

96 by CrazyButNot4U »»
Sep 28, 2022 12:37 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.