Forum Settings
Forums
New
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Aug 20, 2009 1:52 PM

Aug 2009
for me it's hard to name just one band... so I'll give my top 4 in alfabetical order ^^

Draconian
Mortal Love
My Dying Bride
Tristania
I know that the night will save us all O Lucifer, O Morningstar
as long we praise the dragons call. how we praise your ancient fall
Aug 20, 2009 2:17 PM
Jun 2009
childofhate said:
Captain_GARlock said:
childofhate said:
really now, this is what i see on every metal forum......
fighting over genres.......
though i kinda agree with DRUNK_SAMURAI.....
neither grindcore nor metalcore fall under metal......there's a reason they're not called somethin' like GRINDCORE METAL or METALCORE METAL, it's coz they cannot be technically tagged under metal, though with some bands it's hard to tell which genre they actually belong to.....

Not really. If your ears aren't broken and you can distinguish the individual elements of metal in the music a band plays, it's not hard to place them into a subgenre. Only idiots who don't know anything about music find it hard to categorize bands.

That being said, genres and subgenres are fact, not opinion.

you do know that quite a few artists these days mix up elements of more than one sub-genre??
i'm assuming here that ur NOT an idiot NOR do u have BROKEN (seriously how do u get BROKEN ears) ears......
so instead of just callin' 'em a mix of myriad genres it's better to put 'em all under a single flag, namely METAL (as far as metal or metal-esque bands are concerned).......
plus, just callin' anyone an idiot and acting like a dick isn't goin' to validate your opinion....
i believe that musical opinions are subjective, so just callin' anyone else's opinion as IDIOTIC is somethin' only another IDIOT would do.....also i'd like to point out that the main point of contention of my post was to say that i don't consider Grindcore and metalcore as METAL, they're SEPARATE genres, so basically u just missed the whole point of my post.......

If you seriously fucking think that every metal band shouldn't be put into a subgenre, you're a god damn fucking retard.

You can't listen to bands like Necrophagist, Hibria, Iron Maiden, Emperor and Ensiferum and seriously think they don't need to be split into subgenres you dumb fuck.

And take an english course, it's like you took a gigantic shit on your keyboard during every sentence.
Aug 20, 2009 10:05 PM

Jan 2009
ur the one needing english course Captain GAR......
first BROKEN ears, and now this.....
I said, and i quote it for ur pea-sized brain, "you do know that quite a few artists these days mix up elements of more than one sub-genre??"
notice, the term QUITE A FEW??
or do u have BROKEN eyes too.....
don't start a flame war on here, especially with me, coz i WILL kick your ass and make you go cryin' back to your mommy.......

EDIT: so that i make myself perfectly clear, I AM NOT AGAINST TAGGING BANDS....but my opinion is that quite a few bands cannot be tagged without a fair few amount of tags used, example, SYMPHONY X.....would u call them NEOCLASSICAL SYMPHONIC PROGRESSIVE POWER METAL band everytime you classify them??
why're u even tryin' to show off your metal knowledge when quite certainly your nothin' but a fuckin' elitist with ego the size of a T.Rex and brains the size of a Flea..(pun unintended)
childofhateAug 20, 2009 10:09 PM
Aug 20, 2009 11:21 PM

Aug 2007
childofhate said:
I said, and i quote it for ur pea-sized brain, "you do know that quite a few artists these days mix up elements of more than one sub-genre??"
don't start a flame war on here, especially with me, coz i WILL kick your ass and make you go cryin' back to your mommy.......

EDIT: so that i make myself perfectly clear, I AM NOT AGAINST TAGGING BANDS....but my opinion is that quite a few bands cannot be tagged without a fair few amount of tags used, example, SYMPHONY X.....would u call them NEOCLASSICAL SYMPHONIC PROGRESSIVE POWER METAL band everytime you classify them??
why're u even tryin' to show off your metal knowledge when quite certainly your nothin' but a fuckin' elitist with ego the size of a T.Rex and brains the size of a Flea..(pun unintended)

He's not an elitist. An elitist would know that metalcore and grindcore are not metal.
Aug 21, 2009 6:26 AM
Jun 2009
childofhate said:

Symphony X is power metal. Prog. Power if you want to go just a little deeper.

Look, that wasn't so hard.

And lol, you'll kick my ass? Over the internet? DURR HURR INTERNET TOUGH GUY KEYBOARD WARRIOR HURP DERP faggot

I'm not going to reply to anothe ron eof your posts until you can take like a fucking human being rather than a cat walking across a keyboard.
Aug 21, 2009 8:32 AM

Jan 2009
really, don't be under an illusion that i'm dying to talk to you......
and FYI, there's a term called a METAPHOR (don't know where i used it?? go home and study kiddo)....

and yes, symphony x is prog power, but it's also neoclassical and Symphonic.......
and i don't give a shit what or what isn't your definition of proper english coz i DID NOT talk about BROKEN EARS and didn't tell you to TAKE like a fuckin' human being......
ur such a big pile of trash dude, stop pukin' over this forum with your bullshit, coz like i said u completely missed the point of my post.......
so please do me a favour and DON'T reply back.........
arigatou.....
Aug 21, 2009 9:59 AM
Jun 2009
childofhate said:
really, don't be under an illusion that i'm dying to talk to you......
and FYI, there's a term called a METAPHOR (don't know where i used it?? go home and study kiddo)....

and yes, symphony x is prog power, but it's also neoclassical and Symphonic.......
and i don't give a shit what or what isn't your definition of proper english coz i DID NOT talk about BROKEN EARS and didn't tell you to TAKE like a fuckin' human being......
ur such a big pile of trash dude, stop pukin' over this forum with your bullshit, coz like i said u completely missed the point of my post.......
so please do me a favour and DON'T reply back.........
arigatou.....

Are you fucking serious? It's "Thank you", you weeaboo fuck. You're not fucking japanese and you never will be you fucking faggot. Can't there be one fucking anime community on the internet that isn't plagued by embarassing little cocksuckers like you? For fuck's sake.

And it's "talk", you dumb bitch, not "take".
Aug 21, 2009 10:29 AM

Aug 2007
Captain_GARlock said:
I'm not going to reply to anothe ron eof your posts until you can take like a fucking human being rather than a cat walking across a keyboard.

Captain_GARlock said:
Aug 21, 2009 11:04 AM

Jan 2009
Captain_GARlock said:

Are you fucking serious? It's "Thank you", you weeaboo fuck. You're not fucking japanese and you never will be you fucking faggot. Can't there be one fucking anime community on the internet that isn't plagued by embarassing little cocksuckers like you? For fuck's sake.

how much do u know abt me u cocksucker??
i speak japanese, though not fluently, i do speak it, now go and drown urself in ur own piss coz that's what'll make this planet a better place.......
and for my own self-satisfaction i'd like to tell u that i speak 2 other languages apart from japanese and english, u shit-head.....
please don't reply back ur just embarrassing urself here.....
and ur rite i wish that for once there was a community that wasn't plagued by cocksuckers (yes, u, u lil prick that was intended for u)

@Drunk_Samurai
thanks man.......
Aug 21, 2009 12:46 PM

Jul 2008
I don't know how much of those bands are in the metal section but here it goes the bands that are my favorite:
Slipknot
Rammstien
System of a Down
Children of Bodom
Disturbed
Linkin Park
Breaking Benjamin
Bullet for my Valentine
Guano Apes
Godsmack
Korn
Nirvana
The Dying Breed
Drowning Pool
Green Day
Trapt
Scorpions
\m/
Aug 21, 2009 2:10 PM

Aug 2007
Tore said:
I don't know how much of those bands are in the metal section but here it goes the bands that are my favorite:
Slipknot
Rammstien
System of a Down
Children of Bodom
Disturbed
Linkin Park
Breaking Benjamin
Bullet for my Valentine
Guano Apes
Godsmack
Korn
Nirvana
The Dying Breed
Drowning Pool
Green Day
Trapt
Scorpions
m/

Your entire list makes me rage.
Aug 21, 2009 2:58 PM

Jul 2008
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tore said:
Slipknot
Rammstien
System of a Down
Children of Bodom
Disturbed
Linkin Park
Breaking Benjamin
Bullet for my Valentine
Guano Apes
Godsmack
Korn
Nirvana
The Dying Breed
Drowning Pool
Green Day
Trapt
Scorpions
m/

And i don't give a damn xD
Aug 21, 2009 3:05 PM

Feb 2008
Oh boy this thread is hilarious.

Retard of the year awards go to *drumroll*
Drunk_Samurai, childofhate and Captain_GARlock.
Congratulations!

Goddamnit metalheads are funny =D
Aug 21, 2009 3:10 PM
Jun 2009
Drunk_Samurai said:
Tore said:
Slipknot
Rammstien
System of a Down
Children of Bodom
Disturbed
Linkin Park
Breaking Benjamin
Bullet for my Valentine
Guano Apes
Godsmack
Korn
Nirvana
The Dying Breed
Drowning Pool
Green Day
Trapt
Scorpions
m/

I really have to agree with you on this one.

What a horrible list.

The only metal band there is Bodom, and they fucking suck.
Aug 21, 2009 3:28 PM

May 2009
1. Iron Maiden
2. Metallica/Judas Priest
3. Arch Enemy
4. Cradle of Filth
5. Blind Guardian
6. Sabaton

UP THE IRONS!!!:D
Aug 21, 2009 8:48 PM
Jun 2009
childofhate said:
Captain_GARlock said:

how much do u know abt me u cocksucker??
i speak japanese, though not fluently, i do speak it, now go and drown urself in ur own piss coz that's what'll make this planet a better place.......
and for my own self-satisfaction i'd like to tell u that i speak 2 other languages apart from japanese and english, u shit-head.....
please don't reply back ur just embarrassing urself here.....
and ur rite i wish that for once there was a community that wasn't plagued by cocksuckers (yes, u, u lil prick that was intended for u)

@Drunk_Samurai
thanks man.......

Hah, it sure is easy to make up bullshit to anons over the internet, isn't it?

Do you really expect me to believe you speak not one, but three other languages? Judging from not only the coherency of your typing, but your sentence structure and grammar usage, you haven't even mastered your FIRST language, let alone three others.
Aug 22, 2009 9:55 AM

Jan 2009
Captain_GARlock said:

Hah, it sure is easy to make up bullshit to anons over the internet, isn't it?

Do you really expect me to believe you speak not one, but three other languages? Judging from not only the coherency of your typing, but your sentence structure and grammar usage, you haven't even mastered your FIRST language, let alone three others.

making assumptions again aren't you, asshole??
English IS NOT my first language.......
yeah, i guess anonymity==privilege to be a DICK, you are a living example of it.....

OH and btw, COB DON'T suck......u on the other hand do!!

EDIT: btw, i'm not the one talkin' about BROKEN EARS, TAKIN' like a human and sorta shit like that, ur one hypocrite to talk about my understanding of english semantics and grammar.....now go and get a fuckin' english lesson RETARD.....

PS: why'd u even start embarrassing yourself here in the first place??
Aug 23, 2009 3:05 PM
Jun 2009
Bodom is a terrible band, listen to good music or gtfo
Aug 24, 2009 7:57 AM

Aug 2009
At The Gates prolly my favourite :D
Aug 25, 2009 9:18 AM

Jan 2009
Captain_GARlock said:

good music??
lol, and am supposed to believe YOUR recommendations for music now??
ROFL....
this is the best joke you've cracked till now, continue with your SELF-EMBARRASSMENT dude, coz i'll keep laughing....

EDIT: i hope you've heard abt opinions on music being subjective, or i guess you're the one with BROKEN (?? still don't understand the logic) ears.....
Aug 25, 2009 12:07 PM
Jun 2009
childofhate said:
Captain_GARlock said:

good music??
lol, and am supposed to believe YOUR recommendations for music now??
ROFL....
this is the best joke you've cracked till now, continue with your SELF-EMBARRASSMENT dude, coz i'll keep laughing....

EDIT: i hope you've heard abt opinions on music being subjective, or i guess you're the one with BROKEN (?? still don't understand the logic) ears.....

Opinions are only subjective when you don't listen to shitty music

You do, so gtfo
Aug 25, 2009 4:04 PM

May 2007
lolol at the guys above . Chill out

You guys want to know what metal is ?

This is metal http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal
Aug 26, 2009 8:18 AM

Jan 2009
Captain_GARlock said:

You do, so gtfo

lol, so u call DARK TRANQUILLITY, WINTERSUN, OPETH, and pretty much all of progressive, power and melodic death metal as SHITTY MUSIC??
yeah, that's wat i listen to most of the times.....
ur pie-hole keeps spouting dog-poop every time u open it......

ps: oh and yeah, there's no such thing as shitty music (apart from techno, trance, and 99% of pop and rap), only SHITTY opinions, like urs......
Aug 26, 2009 11:06 AM
Jun 2009
DarkFlash said:

This is metal [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal

Fuck no, don't cite wikipedia considering they're the biggest pieces of shit when it comes to music genres

Alternative metal is NOT a fucking genre.

In fact, don't cite wikipedia for ANYTHING. Fuck wikipedia.

childofhate said:
Captain_GARlock said:

You do, so gtfo

lol, so u call DARK TRANQUILLITY, WINTERSUN, OPETH, and pretty much all of progressive, power and melodic death metal as SHITTY MUSIC??

ps: oh and yeah, there's no such thing as shitty music (apart from techno, trance, and 99% of pop and rap), only SHITTY opinions, like urs......

Oh no, there's definitely such a thing as shitty music. Look at Metallica. Everything that shit band has ever put out is shit.

And hey, wow you like two good bands. Dark Tranquility and Wintersun. Big fucking deal. Opeth is overrated as all hell too, only a couple of their earlier albums were consistently good.

And how fucking hard is it to spell "you"? Are you that bloody lazy that you have to cut out 66% of a three letter word? Idiot.
Aug 26, 2009 11:10 AM

Dec 2007
Oh, now I remember why I rarely check out this club. It's full of self-important closeminded kids. Your opinions aren't facts, get over it and chill out.
Aug 27, 2009 8:34 AM

Jan 2009
Charliehsv said:
Oh, now I remember why I rarely check out this club. It's full of self-important closeminded kids. Your opinions aren't facts, get over it and chill out.

thank you.......thank god there's someone here who knows the difference between opinions and facts....

@GARlock

Metallica's 3 earliest albums are GREAT, even though personally i'm not a big THRASH fan......
and u keep jumping to idiotic assumptions every post......
i mentioned 3 bands, do u really think that's all i listen to kiddo.....???
i keep pounding your statements into the ground and u keep comin' up with more shit....seriously i admire your IDIOCY now.....
Aug 27, 2009 1:47 PM

Feb 2008
Captain_GARlock said:
DarkFlash said:

This is metal [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metal

Fuck no, don't cite wikipedia considering they're the biggest pieces of shit when it comes to music genres
man are u rly dis dumb
Aug 27, 2009 1:54 PM

Aug 2007
Karppaky said:
Captain_GARlock said:
DarkFlash said:

man are u rly dis dumb

... He's right. They fucking call Slipknot a heavy metal band. *facepalm*
Aug 27, 2009 2:32 PM

May 2007
Drunk_Samurai said:
Karppaky said:
Captain_GARlock said:
DarkFlash said:

man are u rly dis dumb

lol. I wasn't pointing out to any metal genres. Check before crying out loud. Perhaps you guys have heard about sarcasm ? Just chill out , that's all what I was asking for.

Maybe the guy three post above was right (Charliehsv) that this place is " full of self-important closeminded kids " So just look yourself in the mirror before posting a comment in the club's comments saying the discussion board is full retards while you are acting like one.
Aug 27, 2009 3:55 PM
Jun 2009
Drunk_Samurai said:
Karppaky said:
Captain_GARlock said:
DarkFlash said:

man are u rly dis dumb

Yep.
Aug 28, 2009 6:06 AM

Feb 2008
haha

ooh my god.................. jesus guys

oh yeah the original subject of this topic.
My favorite metal band is Neurosis
MuromuroAug 28, 2009 9:29 AM
Aug 28, 2009 8:23 AM

Sep 2008
metal is serious

Aug 28, 2009 8:50 AM

May 2009
Maximum the Hormone
System of a Down
Bullet for my Valentine
Lamb of God
Rage Against the Machine
Deftones
etc ^_^
Aug 28, 2009 11:47 AM

May 2009
Tony-san said:
Maximum the Hormone
System of a Down
Bullet for my Valentine
Lamb of God
Rage Against the Machine
Deftones
etc ^_^

Oh you're really trying to do some trollolling, aren't you?

Favorite true metal band: KoRn
Aug 29, 2009 12:33 PM

Aug 2007
Karppaky said:
haha

ooh my god.................. jesus guys

oh yeah the original subject of this topic.
My favorite metal band is Neurosis

Are you upset because you think Wikipedia is a reliable source for anything?

GrantZ90 said:
Tony-san said:
Maximum the Hormone
System of a Down
Bullet for my Valentine
Lamb of God
Rage Against the Machine
Deftones
etc ^_^

Oh you're really trying to do some trollolling, aren't you?

Favorite true metal band: KoRn

I just took a look at his last.FM. I think he was being serious.
Aug 29, 2009 3:05 PM

Jun 2009
Karppaky said:
Oh boy this thread is hilarious.

Retard of the year awards go to *drumroll*
Drunk_Samurai, childofhate and Captain_GARlock.
Congratulations!

Goddamnit metalheads are funny =D

Leave me out of this. ):<
Aug 30, 2009 9:10 AM

Oct 2008
I love folk metal best especially Elvenking and Eluveitie
Aug 31, 2009 6:55 PM

May 2007
Mastodon
Lamb of God
Behemoth
Down
Opeth

Just recently got really really into metal. Like, its almost all I listen to anymore. >:3
Sep 6, 2009 2:23 PM

Aug 2008
I mosey on into this thread and I find a shitstorm. Figures. =P

Ah well, off to listen to Eloy.
We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.
Sep 7, 2009 6:48 PM

Feb 2008
shadowsword said:

Eluveite have one good song, IMO. (Inis Mona)
I suggest you take a look at: Glitterind, In Extremo, Korpiklaani, Alestorm, Týr, Glittertind, Livintroll and a... Just look those up 'cuz I can't remember any more.

childofhate said:
Captain_GARlock said:

You do, so gtfo

Sorry dude, but prog is boring. :
So wait, first you say there's no shitty music and then you list genres you don't like, which automatically makes them bad, and end saying "only SHITTY opinions"?
Cosmic...

And let me tell you something 80's pop was the bomb, until Maddona came and ruined it all. »_»

Charliehsv said:

Oh come on, why do you think anyone listen to metal? To earn the right to be a douche and telling other people there music sucks when you probably listened to the same thing and thought it was awesome a few years or months ago. It comes with the job. And also to be kvlt.
Every time you make a typo, somebody in Zeta gets slapped.
Sep 8, 2009 9:29 AM

Oct 2008
Crani said:
shadowsword said:

Eluveite have one good song, IMO. (Inis Mona)
I suggest you take a look at: Glitterind, In Extremo, Korpiklaani, Alestorm, Týr, Glittertind, Livintroll and a... Just look those up 'cuz I can't remember any more.

I do listen to In Extremo, Korpiklaani and Alestorm and I like them too. I have to check out the rest though.
Sep 8, 2009 11:32 AM

May 2008
Only the grimmest, trvest and kvltest...
That's why I listen to Mayhem.
Sep 8, 2009 6:23 PM

Aug 2008
Crani said:
Sorry dude, but prog is boring.

Whoa, hold the phone there.
We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.
Sep 9, 2009 8:15 AM

May 2009
KingProgdor said:
Crani said:
Sorry dude, but prog is boring.

Whoa, hold the phone there.

This. (btw I'm guessing you visit the AT boards too? =) )

I feel like I'm in the middle of a battlefield right now without knowing which guys to shoot. Personally I listen to everything from the cheesiest dungeons & dragons-power metal bands to all types of black metal. The only sub-genre in metal that I'm not too fond of is death metal (I like it when it's coupled with symphonic and melodic elements though).

On top of that I listen to pop and especially psytrance & j-trance. I'm a fan of techno, industrial, dance and classical too.

Fuck the *cores and alternative metal though (neither of which deserve being called "sub-genres of metal" imho).
Sep 9, 2009 5:45 PM

Aug 2008
GrantZ90 said:
This. (btw I'm guessing you visit the AT boards too? =) )

I do. :P

And anyways, considering how much more there is to Prog than just Metal, it'd be ignorant for even one SECOND to say with any seriousness that Prog is 'boring,' unless you have the attention span of a gnat or hate anything that uses more than two chords per song.
Sep 10, 2009 3:41 AM

Feb 2008
To me Prog = Prog Metal = Dream Theater, so I may have not expressed myself correctly, but that's what I think it's boring and from what I've been listening Prog Metal is pretty much Dream Theater and come on 40 minutes for one song is some of what ridiculous but that's just me saying.
Every time you make a typo, somebody in Zeta gets slapped.
Sep 10, 2009 7:09 PM

Aug 2008
Crani said:
and come on 40 minutes for one song is some of what ridiculous

Nothing wrong with 40-minute songs. To me songs that break the 10, 20, and even 30 minute mark show more focus and attention to the quality of the music, the complexity of the music, and the artistic integrity than songs that don't bother to break the 5 minute mark. I have an incredibly hard time taking seriously an album that doesn't have at least one ten-minute song on it, you have no idea.
Sep 29, 2009 10:22 AM

Jan 2009
Crani said:

Sorry dude, but prog is boring. :
So wait, first you say there's no shitty music and then you list genres you don't like, which automatically makes them bad, and end saying "only SHITTY opinions"?
Cosmic...

And let me tell you something 80's pop was the bomb, until Maddona came and ruined it all. »_»

there was an APART keyword in my sentence regarding shitty music which i meant from my own perspective, in essence its IMO, i'm not forcing it on anyone. Also there was a 99% before pop. Btw, there are still some pop artists around who don't shit around, its not just in the 80s. And no offense dude, but prog's boring for people who don't have patience (which your hasty reply points out is the case with you).

Crani said:
To me Prog = Prog Metal = Dream Theate

this is the most LOL worthy statement ever. You are stereotyping a genre as BORING based on your experiences with one band.
Oct 3, 2009 4:55 AM

Jun 2009
Evanescence (if you'd call Evanescence metal) and Within Temptation are my favourites. I can't decide between them.
Oct 21, 2009 4:57 AM

May 2009
blind guardion, nightwish, grave digger and my dying bride
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (9) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» What's everyone listening to? ( 1 2 3 )

Rouykshire - Feb 10, 2009

111 by 32bitguy »»
Apr 6, 2023 6:41 PM

» Acoustic songs.

Tharghos - Jan 25, 2010

11 by Moonspeak »»
Dec 7, 2021 2:09 PM

» Spread the revolution

BlueOni - Feb 22, 2011

1 by Moonspeak »»
Dec 7, 2021 2:06 PM

» The Discussion Thread

howmayihelpyou - Sep 4, 2008

3 by Moonspeak »»
Dec 7, 2021 1:51 PM

» How many anime-metalheads do you know personally? ( 1 2 )

eluadyl - May 21, 2008

86 by SteamPunker101 »»
Mar 20, 2021 12:33 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.