Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Nov 16, 2012 6:23 PM

Nov 2012
Onyxthegreat said:

Is it me or is the ED a little different?

the ED for odd number episodes and even number episodes are different (in details of graphics too)

Akane-chan laughing her ass off when being asked if she's love with Kougami.. that really made my day :D
dat statue is freakin' creepy, I hope next episode will be even creepier :D

this episode makes me thinking whether one of the Enfoncers will die in the future and that'll be a point whether Akane's CC will go downhill or not.
WorldInverseNov 16, 2012 6:31 PM
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
- http://worldinverse.smackjeeves.com
Nov 16, 2012 6:41 PM

Jan 2010
This entire episode felt like Kara no Shoujo.

It seems like Gen is also a fan of Innocent Grey VNs.
Ok™
Nov 16, 2012 6:53 PM

Jun 2009
Psychos, Psychos everywhere.

Just like Gen's work, there's always people who are evil for the sake of being evil...

Psycho-Pass
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 16, 2012 7:02 PM

Feb 2012
What a pretty modern art masterpiece!

Guess you could say that the art senpai...

(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)

...really had her work cut out for her.
Nov 16, 2012 7:05 PM

Jan 2010
After reading through this thread, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who noticed that as well.

I'm also glad I'm not the only person on MAL who read Kara no Shoujo.
Ok™
Nov 16, 2012 7:44 PM

Aug 2012
ChioneDyrken said:
Art shot: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdl1p41P9o1qby9cgo1_1280.jpg

Police logo: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdl1p41P9o1qby9cgo2_1280.jpg

Did anyone notice that the psycho-gal's masterpiece is shaped according to the police's logo?

...Wow. Nice find there. Also incredibly hard to look at that picture for more than a few seconds now.
Nov 16, 2012 7:57 PM

Jul 2011
Mockman said:
Not a fan of this episode. It took me four attempts to sit through the excessive exposition. As such, I'm pretty confident that I missed some key moments. I'll have to watch it again before next week's episode.

Good luck.
Nov 16, 2012 8:06 PM

Jul 2010
Once again, Urobuchi proves that he is a sick-ass mofo. Which is good
The big brown fox jumps over the lazy dog
Nov 16, 2012 8:46 PM

Apr 2011
Nov 16, 2012 9:19 PM

Aug 2012
McRib said:
This entire episode felt like Kara no Shoujo.

It seems like Gen is also a fan of Innocent Grey VNs.

Guess I should read Kara after I finish with Forest then. x)
Nov 16, 2012 9:33 PM

Oct 2011
MellowJello said:
ChioneDyrken said:
Art shot: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdl1p41P9o1qby9cgo1_1280.jpg

Police logo: http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_mdl1p41P9o1qby9cgo2_1280.jpg

Did anyone notice that the psycho-gal's masterpiece is shaped according to the police's logo?

...Wow. Nice find there. Also incredibly hard to look at that picture for more than a few seconds now.

I see only a very vague ressemblance.

But the police logo is interesting : it's a mix between a scale (justice) and a caduceus (medicine). If the misuse of the caduceus (instead of the rod of Asclepius) is intentionnal, it could be very interesting ;)
Nov 17, 2012 12:59 AM

May 2010
OMG that painting and that statue is so sick !!
Nov 17, 2012 2:04 AM

Dec 2011
When the 'art senpai' comforted that other girl I thought that I was watching some yuri show lol.
Nov 17, 2012 8:52 AM

Jun 2011
for some reason I really liked the ending of this episode. That crazy art girl is bloody amazing. . . in a f*cked up way. . .
Nov 17, 2012 9:17 AM

Oct 2010
i have a felling that yayoi and shion have a lesbian relationship in 1st episode i saw shion pulling up her stockings when yayoi came out of the door.i may be getting a wrong idea though.
Nov 17, 2012 9:37 AM

Aug 2012
jss9191 said:
i have a felling that yayoi and shion have a lesbian relationship in 1st episode i saw shion pulling up her stockings when yayoi came out of the door.

I firmly believe that they are having lesbomancy with each other. lolz
Gun_BlazinskyNov 17, 2012 11:21 AM
Nov 17, 2012 9:49 AM

Oct 2011
A very good episode!!!
And I only have one thing to say: Those 2 murderers, including the black hair girl that gives off a bad vibe right from the moment I saw her ( the vibe of a hypocrite), ARE FREAKS!!
Also this episode made the scene at the end not that scary, quite normal!! I think.
Signature
Nov 17, 2012 3:46 PM

May 2011
A fantastic episode! Though it was disgusting at the end... That girl is creepy! And Shogo is just making everything worse. Ugh.

I can't believe I even like these types of things. I wonder what my Psycho-Pass would've been if I lived in their world? Lol.

I’m just trying to be okay. Some days it’s harder than others. I hide away the most real parts of myself from everyone else. The emotions that I try to escape from. The constant pain I feel. The nightmares that keep me awake at night.

It hurts sometimes... knowing that the world is continuing happily all around me while I continue to drown in alcohol and slowly die inside myself.

Nov 17, 2012 5:19 PM

Jun 2009
oh god, the end was /beyond/ creepy, nobody has freaked me out in this show as much as this art senpai did
Nov 17, 2012 5:33 PM

Mar 2012
This was one creepy episode.

I find that "senpai" character completely disgusting. I hope they infiltrate the school as students or something. That would be funny
Nov 17, 2012 5:46 PM

Aug 2010
Great episode, I found the art girl to be pretty creepy but I still like her, mainly because I really like her VA.

This show's finally starting to show its true colours, and is starting to really feel like Gen's work now.
Nov 17, 2012 6:15 PM

Jul 2011
It's ok, I didn't need sleep anyway
Key Fan
Nov 17, 2012 7:09 PM

Feb 2012
Psycho-Pass knows how to end an episode.
Nov 17, 2012 7:34 PM

Jun 2012
Gun_Blazinsky said:
jss9191 said:
i have a felling that yayoi and shion have a lesbian relationship in 1st episode i saw shion pulling up her stockings when yayoi came out of the door.

I firmly believe that they are having lesbomancy with each other. lolz

Yes they definitely do.
So pretty creepy episode, almost everybody probably knew it was the art girl just by how creepy she was. Damn that smile at the end was good in a bad kind of way, can't wait to see them take her down.
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Nov 17, 2012 10:56 PM

Mar 2012
Though the last episode was quite good, this was easily the best since the first. This episode felt superbly meticulous in it's construction, rather than the occasionally middling execution found in the majority of those that came before, as it deftly weaved a plethora of small, but meaningful character developments into the story, while also satisfyingly illuminating a heightened complexity within the larger narrative.

Akane's transition into an Enforcer and the possibility that her mind could eventually succumb to her darker inclinations continues to be foreshadowed, as intimated during Ginoza's conversation with his Chief. This particular scene alluded to the intriguing mystery involving Kogami's irrevocable descent, while also slipping in another element of characterization for Ginoza with the brief mention of his seemingly disgraced father. Surprisingly, the case from the second episode was momentarily focused on once more, which I thought was an excellent touch, since it contributes to a greater understanding of the narrative, as it could potentially indicate a much less episodic nature to the story than initially expected.

The opening and ending scenes were the best moments of the episode. The opening greatly elaborated on Shinya's past, effectively developing his character and fully divulging the expected truth behind his motivations. The final scene, in which Satsuki's body had been dismembered and rearranged into a revolting work of art, and the last line, in particular, provided an incredibly effective cliffhanger to conclude the episode with, as it excellently illustrated the unsettling brutality that permeates their society.

Akane and Shinya continue to be the only characters with a heightened level of satisfying characterization, but I felt this episode worked quite well in establishing another level of depth to several characters, particularly Ginoza. This episode also illustrated further parallels between Akane and Shinya, which have always been quite evident, but these similarities are starting to be noticed by the others as well. The character interactions are gradually improving. I especially enjoyed Akane's drunken conversation with Kagari, since their few scenes throughout the show have been rather engaging.

Shougo is a fascinating antagonist, as he subtly manipulates murderous intent, providing the trigger for the inevitability of their mental deterioration. As such, though somewhat predictable, the reveal that he was assisting Rikako with her considerably disturbing desires was terrific. It seems likely that these nuanced machinations will inevitably result in the orchestrated formation of a complex, all-encompassing plan, which very well could already be the reason for his intricately designed actions, rather than a purely simplistic explanation of mere enjoyment.

The direction was solid, but largely unspectacular, save for the first and final sequences. The opening, for example, was directed with a very effective approach towards visual storytelling. The distorted colors and bizarre camera angles illuminated the essential elements within Shinya's nightmare, such as Shinya's anguished expression at the sight of his mangled friend, followed by a shot of the dead Sasayama's face, culminating with Shinya's own contorted face reflected in his eyes.

All in all, Psycho-Pass, following several disappointing episodes, has impressed considerably with it's last two. It still has yet to reach it's potential, but, throughout the previous two episodes, there's been a noticeable improvement in that area. As such, for the first time since the introductory episode, the story that was told felt relatively ambitious. I definitely hope that continues and that it will eventually filter into the narrative.
Nov 18, 2012 2:27 AM

Jun 2010
That statue was so good-looking.
Nov 18, 2012 3:29 AM

Feb 2012
I might be the only one but the statue was really interesting and appealing. It is indeed pretty sick when you realize it's a dead body but well...
Great episode.
The only thing you can rely on is that you can't rely on anything.
Nov 18, 2012 4:55 AM

Aug 2012
We got some more info of Kougami's past and his goal.
I liked the ending... look what they did to the girl!
I never go back on my words... that's my NINDO... MY NINJA WAY!!!
Visit my deviantART Gallery
Nov 18, 2012 10:14 AM

Apr 2012
Damn, the murderers in this series sure are creative in terms of killing off their victims.

Also, I lol'd at the people who found that girl's body in the end; they seriously thought it was just an artistic decoration? Haha wow, one might almost think that it was their psycho-passes whose number was too high.
Nov 18, 2012 10:15 AM
Jun 2008
wow its getting intresting
Nov 18, 2012 11:27 AM

Jul 2010
cladinpink said:
Also, I lol'd at the people who found that girl's body in the end; they seriously thought it was just an artistic decoration? Haha wow, one might almost think that it was their psycho-passes whose number was too high.

because its plastinated. looks like taken from a anatomy class, reassembled and decorated.

but that's the jest of it. some people are just indifferent about the deaths of others.
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Nov 18, 2012 11:29 AM

Jan 2011
To be honest, I actually think that statue looked like real art even though I knew it was a living human. IT looked liked something you would find in a strange museum although it would've been made from some material instead of flesh and bones.
All of this has been very interesting so far, and this is the most promising arc so far imo.
I'm looking forward more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 18, 2012 2:19 PM

Nov 2008
If Shinya's gay then... ;_; it ruins my OTP
Nov 18, 2012 2:43 PM

Jul 2010
This episode was sick.. starting with the nightmare Shinya had ( guess he wants revenge for the death of his friend)
The white haired guy?( killed him?)
The painting girl is a a Shakespeare maniac her drawings were scary... wonder what made her that way( did she kill the girl turned to the statgue or the white haired guy?)
Can't believe the victim was raped by her step father that's the reason why she killed her ?
Sick ,sick, sick statue her legs for arms and stomach had that head ugh!!
I wanted to barf
Nov 18, 2012 2:52 PM

Dec 2011
The start of a new arc! That Oryo girl is the next culprit! Cannot wait for more.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 18, 2012 4:46 PM

Jun 2012
there was no action, but still an awesome episode, i like it because it doesnt need action to interest me :P

call me stupid, but could someone explain those shakespeare quotes at the end please? xD

"kill'd her, for whom my tears have made me blind," got no idea what this means xD

I kinda get that at the end she just said that she was going to kill again though? did she kill her to stop her getting raped to conserve her "beauty" or something?
jimbob1141Nov 18, 2012 4:53 PM
Does anyone else need a doctor to confirm that someone without a head is dead?
Nov 18, 2012 6:07 PM

Oct 2009
oh it's investigation time ^^

the interconnections are good.

one episode per week it not enough >.<

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Nov 18, 2012 6:53 PM
Nov 18, 2012 11:11 PM

Nov 2012
actually, rather than the statue, the yuri things freaked me more.
well I know it's 17+ but still..
Your so-called peaceful world makes me bored, so don't blame me if I destroy all of it.
Nov 19, 2012 8:18 AM

Jul 2008
What yuri things are people referring to?

SIeepwalker said:
It's ok, I didn't need sleep anyway

ikr!
NeoBaschNov 19, 2012 8:21 AM
Nov 19, 2012 8:25 AM
Jul 2009
Still 7 out of 10
xxx
Nov 19, 2012 2:07 PM

Oct 2010
pretty interesting episode, and a weird one at that
Nov 19, 2012 2:10 PM

Sep 2008
At the end, wasn't the girl drawing the other girl. That girl that sat with the now murdered one in the dining hall and said something like "her eyes are blank".
Nov 19, 2012 2:56 PM

Aug 2012
Mephz said:
At the end, wasn't the girl drawing the other girl. That girl that sat with the now murdered one in the dining hall and said something like "her eyes are blank".

No. The girl in the dining hall has a pony tail with blue ribbon while the girl in the drawing has a twin tail. (meaning that the psychopath girl is drawing the dead girl.)

Also, the victim wasnt' the other girl in the dining hall either since she has a short black hair. Besides, both girl was being called by the psycopath girl as Kawarazaki and Shinotsuki, while the victim was called Yoshika.
Nov 20, 2012 12:29 AM
Mar 2010
this episode was sick oh my gosh...that statue....shudder.
Check out the News Club for daily rankings, discussion on future CD and BD releases, manga and novels. New members are welcome!
Nov 20, 2012 1:50 PM

May 2012
Man, this episode had it all; I love how they tied in all the previous cases, both with the main plot and with Kogami past.
Gen, oh you. I'm glad he actually went with a slow pace at the begininning, Madoka felt so rushed.

Only thing this ep lacked is more future lesbians: I want to see what kind of violent things Yayoi is into.
Nov 20, 2012 2:11 PM

Jun 2011
The thing presented to us in the end of this episode is by no means art. If someone were to describe it as art it would probably be one of the most obscene, inhuman pieces known to man. The person who created this thing by all means is not a Michaelangelo nor a Picasso, just a cold blooded murderer that doesn't deserve to see the light of day.

But of course the way that art appeared looked to me at first like some holy cross, I don't know if that was some weird twisted way of asking for forgiveness to the Gods or what, but either way I wouldn't want to display that thing at some Church so people could pray to it.
Nov 20, 2012 4:13 PM

May 2012
Rayla said:
The thing presented to us in the end of this episode is by no means art. If someone were to describe it as art it would probably be one of the most obscene, inhuman pieces known to man.

You still have a lot to learn about this world, young one.
Nov 20, 2012 9:06 PM

Nov 2012
well as an artist, I have to agree that statue is quite a beautiful piece of art, however it's ofcourse, in insane way ^^; that's why she's a psycho path. Eventhough, if it's just a mere statue and not a real person, I have to say that's really... awesome.

it's not for Church... it's the police symbol/logo, if you look it closer.
Nov 23, 2012 5:01 AM

Sep 2012
What a beautiful artwork... :)
Pages (6) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 21, 2013

273 by ANIk_003 »»
Mar 7, 7:25 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 21, 2013

927 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 5, 12:27 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 21 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 14, 2013

352 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 4, 2:49 PM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 20 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Mar 7, 2013

288 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Mar 2, 9:03 AM

Poll: » Psycho-Pass Episode 17 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Feb 14, 2013

373 by The_Black_B3ast »»
Feb 29, 3:21 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.