Forum Settings
Forums

[Discontinued] iMAL, a free application for iOS

New
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Nov 6, 2013 6:31 AM

Jul 2013
Looking forward to the update, really love your app :)
Such Heroic Nonsense!
Nov 7, 2013 12:57 PM

May 2010
iMAL 2.1.5 is now live!
Nov 7, 2013 1:12 PM
Jun 2013
Thank you so much for the work! I allways used the app and I really started to miss it, but now it's back! :D
Nov 7, 2013 1:14 PM

Aug 2007
Thank you! ^^

/already downloading the update.
Nov 7, 2013 5:28 PM

Jan 2013
Awesome! Thank you!
[url][/url]
Nov 7, 2013 6:55 PM

Jun 2013
Thanks man! Your app is just very pristine and beautiful, and it's so functional! Made me think it was like the official app of MAL! Great job and thanks for all the hard work!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 8, 2013 11:45 AM

Aug 2012
Thanks for updating the App. Do you have any speculation on when iMAL for iOS 7 comes out? I don't want to rush you or anything. As long as iMAL2 works, I'm alright.
Nov 8, 2013 6:06 PM

Aug 2012
Btw, After switching between apps and going back to this app with the multitask, when pinching a tab, the app crashes. (Using iOS 7.02)
Nov 9, 2013 3:07 AM

May 2010
Yeah, there's a problem with the list animations.
You can turn off the animations to prevent the crash until I submit the fix.
To do that, go to Settings and then put "Expand animation limit" to 1 and turn "Always animated un-expand" off.

About the iOS 7 rework, we're still working on the design with Metricx and I barely started the development. I have no idea when I'll be able to work on it, but I'll keep you updated.
Nov 9, 2013 6:35 AM

Jul 2012
This may be a dumb question, but how do I go about turning on the Twitter update feature?

Edit: Just noticed that feature is planned and not currently in the app. Disregard.
MMNov 9, 2013 6:39 AM
Nov 10, 2013 8:55 AM
Jul 2013
Thanks for all your hard work. And for making it work on so many iOS's. I am using iOS 6. This app is amazing and a joy to use, I would also like to add if the unofficial api would be fixed? Thank you for keeping us updated and working hard on this app. respect 👍
Nov 10, 2013 8:58 AM
Jul 2013
IATGOF said:
Yeah, there's a problem with the list animations.
You can turn off the animations to prevent the crash until I submit the fix.
To do that, go to Settings and then put "Expand animation limit" to 1 and turn "Always animated un-expand" off.

About the iOS 7 rework, we're still working on the design with Metricx and I barely started the development. I have no idea when I'll be able to work on it, but I'll keep you updated.
Nov 10, 2013 12:07 PM

May 2010
Ak530i said:
I would also like to add if the unofficial api would be fixed?

I have no idea.
Nov 10, 2013 10:09 PM

Nov 2012
Why were the skins removed?
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.

Nov 11, 2013 8:23 AM

May 2010
Basically, the old skin used only standard components and since everything changed with iOS 7, I would've had to rework it completely.
I wanted the last update to be released as fast as possible so that the app could be usable again, and that's why I decided to simply remove the old skin.

I don't have that much time to work on iMAL, and I think this time is better spent adding new features and fixing bugs rather than maintaining an old skin.
I will not add the old skin back.

However, we're working (with Metricx) on a new design for iOS 7.
Nov 19, 2013 7:16 PM
May 2013
the iMAL app is not working for me! and it has been over a week now!! and am getting sick of it not working!!!! so please fix it or help me! :(
Nov 21, 2013 9:17 AM

May 2010
black_raven_5 said:
the iMAL app is not working for me! and it has been over a week now!! and am getting sick of it not working!!!! so please fix it or help me! :(

You do understand that I can't fix a bug if you do not tell me how to reproduce it or at least what's happening. "The app is not working" is not enough for me to understand what the problem is, I unfortunately am not a magician.
If the app is saying "Failed to load : Invalid data", you probably need to grab the latest version on the App Store (iMAL 2.1.5). If it's something else, please fill in a bug report with as much informations as you can.

---

I've been working on a few things lately and I'll try to submit a new version soon.
New features include:

- Tags search:
You can search through your lists tags.
Screenshot Screenshot

- Read-Only Cache:
With the frequent downtimes, I decided to add a simple RO cache.
Your lists are now saved on your phone and can be loaded if the server is unreachable.
This is a read-only cache, meaning that you can't edit local versions of your lists.
I will add the ability to edit your list locally and to sync your changes with the server later.
Screenshot
You can see in the screenshot that the title is red to indicate you're viewing a local version of your list.

- Twitter updates
This is not finished yet, but I'm working on highly configurable twitter updates.
Nov 24, 2013 10:16 AM

Aug 2012
I found a little glitch again. I'm actually surprised to even find this little detail. First off, you go to any anime/manga and then go to "See on MyAnimeList.net". Then go to your multitask and go to another app. Then reopen iMAL. Press "Done", Then try to swipe from the top right of your screen to go to the Edit page. You'll be able to freely move the 2 pages. So instead of letting it move horizontal, it can now also move vertical.
iMKNov 24, 2013 10:22 AM
Nov 24, 2013 1:09 PM

May 2010
Wow.
I have no idea how that kind of thing can happen...

Are you interested in being some kind of beta tester? You aways seem to find every single bug the app could possibly have so it'd be great if you could take a look at the development versions before they are released on the store :D
Nov 24, 2013 2:58 PM

Aug 2012
IATGOF said:
Wow.
I have no idea how that kind of thing can happen...

Are you interested in being some kind of beta tester? You aways seem to find every single bug the app could possibly have so it'd be great if you could take a look at the development versions before they are released on the store :D

I'd love to. I'd love to contribute to the app. How do I apply for beta testing?
Nov 27, 2013 2:53 PM

Aug 2012
Seems like one of my manga can't load. The name is called "E". You can search it up by typing "The Next Generation Of Personal". It can load in the "Search" Tab but not the "My List" Tab. It gets an Error. Does this have to do with the name?
Nov 28, 2013 2:27 AM

May 2010
iMK said:
Does this have to do with the name?

Yes. There is the same problem with the anime called K.
Basically, there is no way to get infos about an anime/manga using its ID in the current API. The only way to get those infos is to use the search feature, and then to compare all the results ID with your anime/manga ID.
For anime/manga with short or really common names like K or E, the search does not return me the right result, so I can't get the infos...

Now that the app can cache anime/manga infos, I'm going to add an option to let the user enter synonyms when this happen, so that the app will be able to load the infos once and will use the cache afterwards.
Dec 27, 2013 6:12 AM

May 2010
iMAL 2.2 is ready and will be submitted to the App Store tomorrow, so it should be available in 1-2 weeks.
The main changes of this version are a RO Cache to access your lists even without the internet, tags search and Twitter updates.

Happy holidays everyone!

Changelog:
Dec 28, 2013 11:59 PM

Aug 2007
Thanks for the update! :)

Kinda out of topic, but I managed to get an iPad mini. xD While iMAL is not available in the app store for iPads, I somehow managed to get the mobile version to my tablet.

http://i44.tinypic.com/edmhz.jpg
MaoraDec 29, 2013 12:02 AM
Jan 9, 2014 8:56 AM

Aug 2012
Maora said:
Thanks for the update! :)

Kinda out of topic, but I managed to get an iPad mini. xD While iMAL is not available in the app store for iPads, I somehow managed to get the mobile version to my tablet.

http://i44.tinypic.com/edmhz.jpg

iPad can get any iPhone app really. I have a iPad and iPad Mini also. It pretty much just emulates it. The iPad can access the iPhone Appstore but not the other way around.
Jan 15, 2014 1:32 PM

May 2010
To everyone experiencing huge load times: turn off "Use unofficial API" in Settings.
It appears the unofficial API is completely down right now.

Also, about the iOS 7 rework, I don't have the time (nor the motivation, to be honest) to work on it for the moment.
I'll keep you updated but I don't think I will work on the app at all for a few months.
Feb 1, 2014 7:16 PM

Mar 2010
How about the ipad? I dont care about that ios 7 stuff since i never did and never will update to it, but it would be great if it was also optimized for the ipad ;)
"God is nothing more than a system created by humans."
"People give names to nothing more than a system, and eventually, they belive that name to be real. The gods were simply named as such. People wish for the happiness they find in a story where Gods stand on top, and they use that system to justify waging war and killing other humans!"

"People are fighting each other, when all they desire is a world where fighting doesn't exist. A world without war is a world where anyone can start a massacre."

"The thing you wish for the most is something you'll never get."
Feb 1, 2014 8:05 PM

Dec 2013
Can this app be ported to android os?
Feb 1, 2014 9:06 PM

Feb 2013
Currently using the app. Really useful so far, I was expecting something like this.

Feb 2, 2014 4:34 AM

May 2010
Echi4ever said:
How about the ipad? I dont care about that ios 7 stuff since i never did and never will update to it, but it would be great if it was also optimized for the ipad ;)

I don't have an iPad so I won't make an iPad version. I might make one along with the iOS 7 rework if it doesn't add too much work.
iOS 7 is fine, you should give it a try :)

Forsh said:
Can this app be ported to android os?

No.

gissellebatista said:
Currently using the app. Really useful so far, I was expecting something like this.

Feb 16, 2014 4:51 PM
May 2013
The app sugoi has not been working for MANY months now! And I was wondering when will it get fixed?!
Feb 17, 2014 8:44 AM

May 2010
I have no idea.
Apr 9, 2014 8:55 PM

Jun 2013
Mine works perfectly, as of right now, and I have ios 7 iphone5
Apr 10, 2014 6:02 AM

Oct 2012
HidamariSeashore said:
For some reason, the app just isn't working. It won't let me update my Anime List and works just like it would when there's no Wi-Fi, except the Wi-Fi at my house works just fine. What's going on?!

Never mind. It was just the fact that I changed my username. Problem fixed now.
Apr 10, 2014 6:10 AM
Nov 2008
an overall ios7 facelift would do the app wonders.
Apr 10, 2014 11:24 AM

May 2010
Heredity said:
an overall ios7 facelift would do the app wonders.

I'm working on it, but it's gonna take quite some time.
Apr 10, 2014 11:50 AM
Jan 2014
I'm using this.
not disappointed. Keep it up!
Apr 18, 2014 9:15 PM

Feb 2007
Your app's ease of use is the main reason I'm motivated to start watching anime again. Thanks!
Apr 19, 2014 3:06 AM

May 2010
Hey,

I know the app is broken and works randomly.
This is yet again because of Incapsula. You also might experiment captchas when trying to access the website.
There is nothing I can do. MAL's security system basically rejects some of iMAL's (and any other third party app's) requests.

I'll keep you updated.

Edit 04/23: Still nothing new... I'm not gonna bother making a workaround since I would have to submit a new version of the app and that would take weeks.

Edit 04/24: Apparently Xinil has contacted Crave to inform them of the problem, hopefully they will do something soon.

Edit 04/26: The problem has apparently been resolved.
IATGOFApr 26, 2014 7:02 AM
Apr 19, 2014 9:34 AM
Jan 2013
Thanks for the app, and for doing what you can to keep it functioning despite all of the semi-random security measures that MAL has been releasing...
Apr 19, 2014 8:33 PM
Oct 2012
IATGOF said:
Hey,

I know the app is broken and works randomly.
This is yet again because of Incapsula. You also might experiment captchas when trying to access the website.
There is nothing I can do. MAL's security system basically rejects some of iMAL's (and any other third party app's) requests.

I'll keep you updated.

I'm getting "Could not read list: invalid data", does this fall under that problem?
Apr 20, 2014 3:55 AM

May 2010
Hoshikaze said:
I'm getting "Could not read list: invalid data", does this fall under that problem?

Yes it does.

Here is a (probably non-exhaustive) list of what can happen:
- The list title is red and stays red. (unable to get your list, the local cache is used)
- Error"Could not read list: invalid data" when trying to get your list.
- A long HTML code as an error message on any request to the server.
- Search showing no result for any search.
- "Save all changes" button not showing. (you're in offline mode)
- The details page of an anime/manga shows less informations for a specific anime/manga.
- Anything giving an error when it shouldn't. (unable to update your list, for example)
Apr 21, 2014 8:06 AM

Oct 2013
Yea, I'm experiencing the same issues with iMAL as everyone else, apparently. The "anime" and "manga" headers are red, and it won't allow me to update my list.

The message: "Error: You cannot update your list because it is not up-to-date. Please refresh your list. If the "My Anime/Manga List" text is still red, it means iMAL cannot access your list on the server and is using a local copy." continues to come up, no matter how many times I attempt to refresh. I'm guessing this is all thanks to the security measures that the site has put in place. Not sure.

I'm running iOS 7.1 on an iPhone 5.

Guess I'll wait for things to get fixed. =/
"He who does not fear the sword he holds is not worthy of holding a sword." ~ Shuhei Hisagi
Apr 21, 2014 8:06 AM

Jun 2013
Hey! I don't know if this is a bug, or it has something to do with the recent hacking on MyAnimeList, but every time I attempt to change an anime listing or anything on my list through iMAL on my iPhone 5s, running on iOS 7.1, a popup says: "ERROR, <html><head><META NAME="ROBOTS"...followed by a bunch of other random coding. I believe it has something to do with incapsula. Please help! :O
Apr 24, 2014 4:07 AM
Mar 2013
What's the app's "thread"?
Apr 24, 2014 4:25 AM

May 2010
nbretania said:
What's the app's "thread"?

A forum is made of threads (or topics), which are made of posts.
You just wrote a post on iMAL's forum thread.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_forum#Thread

The app is currently not working for some people because of MAL's security system. Read this post.
Apr 26, 2014 6:59 AM

May 2010
It seems to be working again. Anyone still experiencing the issue?
Jun 6, 2014 11:45 AM
Nov 2012
not work on animelist but work on mangalist
(could not read list : invalid data)
Jun 29, 2014 3:08 PM
May 2009
Can this app update my list as I watch anime on my iphone? Videos are tagged properly as tv shows with name of show and number of episode.
If it can't, are there any plans on implementing such functionality?
Jun 30, 2014 2:45 AM

May 2010
It is simply impossible. I have no way to know which video you are watching.
The only way would be to watch the video from iMAL, but that's not the goal of this app.
Pages (11) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Anime hoodies - New brand

abambata - Apr 13

3 by abambata »»
40 minutes ago

» Anime hoodies - Would you wear it ?

abambata - Apr 17

3 by abambata »»
41 minutes ago

» Signature help? ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Talhkora - Nov 11, 2007

2395 by logicalsolution »»
3 hours ago

» People who don't believe that there is anything wrong with western entertainment and influence.

kratos960203 - Apr 19

25 by hypergoob »»
4 hours ago

» Share Your YouTube Channel/Videos! ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

nin-tendo - Dec 16, 2022

360 by nin-tendo »»
Yesterday, 10:36 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.