Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Sep 21, 2007 8:38 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------
No subs yet so I watched it raw.

It is indeed a recap with a few more details here and there, art-wise and also regarding the characters involved.

Going to rewatch it once it gets subbed, I'm sure there'll be a group who picks this one up.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 21, 2007 9:37 AM

Jun 2007
wow its out... finally.
there were quite a few groups subbing the serie so it will mostly not take long till it's subbed.
I'll wait for that. :))

What'd you give the movie, cyrus? Is it worth watching?
Sep 21, 2007 9:48 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Mathes said:
What'd you give the movie, cyrus? Is it worth watching?

Well, just recently I rewatched the series with my sister. She wanted to watch it and since I was at home I couldn't resist Shana and watched it with her ^^. So rating it now wouldn't be fair. I'll wait until the subs are out and then watch it again and rate it afterwards.

I really enjoyed rewatching the show though, so watching this movie should be fun, too.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Sep 28, 2007 4:00 PM

Sep 2007
Any one can say me, what fansub group translate that?
Sep 28, 2007 4:01 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
ciapek said:
Any one can say me, what fansub group translate that?

None so far.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 1, 2007 10:03 PM

Apr 2007
Really hope someone does pick it up, although I guess if it's just a recap (with no new scenes and dialogue?) then I guess a raw won't be too hard to watch.
Oct 3, 2007 11:46 AM

Sep 2007
Eclipse Productions just released it (subbed) less than 30 minutes ago.

Oct 3, 2007 1:59 PM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
So there we go, hope you didn't mind me keeping it a little secret that it's not completely just a recap.

Anyway, just finished watching the subbed version and it was great. I loved it and am now ready for season 2. :D

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 3, 2007 3:14 PM

Mar 2007
Just got done watching it. It was decent... even though it was a recap. It was nice seeing Shana again however. Now to wait for the raw/subs of the first episode of Season 2 to come out.
Oct 3, 2007 3:34 PM

Jan 2007
I really enjoyed this movie. I like this version of the arc better than the one in the series. Now i'm definitely ready for the second season.
Oct 3, 2007 11:34 PM

Sep 2007
I thought that the movie was really good (But hey I'll probably think anything with Shana in it is good XD). It was much better than the arc from the TV series. The animation for the movie was done a hell of a lot better too. 10/10 in my book.

On a side note, Alastors face made me ruin a perfectly good pair of pants =(
TakoOct 3, 2007 11:42 PM
Oct 4, 2007 3:52 AM

Sep 2007
ZOMFG such a awesome movie!!!! really its more worth watching than anything
just great how good the quali is if they hold that in the 2nd season it cant become bad
like an other 2nd season with kugimiya which i really get dissapointed

really 10 / 10 imo

Tako said:

lol really he looks like diablo or that thing in lord of the rings XD
Oct 4, 2007 4:26 AM

Apr 2007
I really liked it, didn't feel like a recap at all.
Oct 4, 2007 4:32 AM

Sep 2007
me too imo thinking it isnt a recap either and since it was a while i watched shana it was really good
but it was bad that i already know that yuji wouldnt dissapear but since there are new scenes too i am more than statisfied^^
Oct 4, 2007 4:35 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Tenshin said:
but it was bad that i already know that yuji wouldnt dissapear but since there are new scenes too i am more than statisfied^^

Same here, but the last scenes made me doubt it a little. I mean why not go for a different ending.......... nah~, was the best way to end it after all ^^. Loved Shana's laugh.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Oct 4, 2007 4:41 AM

Mar 2007
Meh, to be recaps I thought it was pretty boring. Even though it had some more details. Well, whatever, I gave it 6/10, the whole series is obviously better.
Oct 4, 2007 5:12 AM

May 2007
SHANA! :3 moeblob.

cuddly :3
Oct 4, 2007 12:26 PM

May 2007
Tremendous piece of SHANA. I thought Friagne was a great villain, but forgetful in the series. It's good that he's been redone into something better. And Shana is a badass tsundere as always~
Oct 5, 2007 5:11 PM

Dec 2006
I really liked it, though it lacked the humor that really got me going into Shana it was still really good.

I liked the end too... it was sweet. :3 But Alastor... he's scary!
Plus I was amused when... Wilhelmina (is that how you say her name?) appeared on Mt. Everest.
Oct 6, 2007 7:29 AM

Sep 2007
Ceray said:

Plus I was amused when... Wilhelmina (is that how you say her name?) appeared on Mt. Everest.

lol yeah and in gobi too
i lolz at these scene XD
Oct 6, 2007 7:49 AM

Jun 2007
Tenshin said:
Ceray said:

lol yeah and in gobi too
i lolz at these scene XD

Were those scenes in the series?
Oct 6, 2007 11:26 AM

Sep 2007
it was always on tv
wilhemina with a bagpack lolz
should have notice it XD
ok she didnt speak anything but her presence was just lolz
Oct 6, 2007 1:05 PM

Dec 2006
abhin4v said:

Were those scenes in the series?

No, I don't think so.
Oct 6, 2007 10:26 PM

Feb 2007
I thought the movie was better than the anime series. The storytelling made a lot more sense in the movie (or maybe it was because I already had an idea of what was supposed to happen? (or maybe I just wasn't paying attention the first time around >_>)) so it was more enjoyable since I actually understood what was going on unlike when I watched the anime. Animation was good, voice acting was good, pacing was good, so overall, very good. I'm looking forward to watching season 2!
Oct 7, 2007 11:47 AM
May 2007
neo_horizon said:
I thought the movie was better than the anime series. The storytelling made a lot more sense in the movie (or maybe it was because I already had an idea of what was supposed to happen? (or maybe I just wasn't paying attention the first time around >_>)) so it was more enjoyable since I actually understood what was going on unlike when I watched the anime. Animation was good, voice acting was good, pacing was good, so overall, very good. I'm looking forward to watching season 2!

Same. I think the movie was a lot better than the series itself.
Season 2 here i go~
a
Oct 9, 2007 7:29 PM

Sep 2007
The movie surely was better than the series arc. I just didn't like the fact that releasing Alastor didn't kill Shana in this new first time and he pretty much knew that. The whole drama in the end of the 1st season makes no sense now at all.
Oct 9, 2007 10:15 PM

Jun 2007
I guess its the principle of checking a bullet-proof vest, you know its going to hurt and still can possibly kill you but hopefully it will work. I think he still could've known but was not sure because theres no surefire way to know unless you test it out.

By the way, bullet-proof vests only work a certain number of times, like 3 or 4.

Oct 9, 2007 10:39 PM

May 2007
The movie's still fresh in mind while I don't remember some of the stories in the series. Though, I still credit the series for having Shana's past in separate episodes. I could watch it over and over. When Wilhelmina took care of her until eventually she made contract with Alastor to earn her "Enpatsu Shakugan no Uchite" name.
chibukiOct 9, 2007 10:51 PM
Oct 11, 2007 7:20 AM

Aug 2007
It was done great. Though I do miss some of the connections they had with other characters, but I like how this version was played out. I like how they didn't anticipate anything that has happen compare to the series where they know what was happening.
Oct 26, 2007 12:04 PM

Jun 2007
even though the story is a little different from the series, i enjoyed it quite a lot. and i agree that it didnt feel like a recap... the ending with shana going into alastor version (summons him) really didnt fit with the end of the first season, since she was supposed to have summoned him for the first time...but meh, who knows, maybe they will create movies for all the arcs, and make them recap kinda thing, but at the same time, edit the storyline a little like they did in this movie, 10/10
Nov 22, 2007 12:11 PM

May 2007
what do you suggest for me to watch?
The 1st series or this movie?
(i saw the 1st ep of the series a few months ago)

Nov 22, 2007 7:07 PM

Jun 2007
Watch the series first, then watch the movie as a recap before the 2nd season. The Movie has some psuedo-spoilers because some events don't happen till after the first arc in the series which can ruin some of the suspense and drama.

Dec 3, 2007 2:28 PM
Dec 2007
Well, the movie is not canon, more like a re-make of the first arc if that was all there would ever be. The Animation was nice, and it had a good pace but I disliked it. I just found the recap parts of it rushed and that made it lose their original impact. Friagne apparantly also has a bride fetish on top of his doll obssesion, plus they dissed him as a King of Guze, stating he hunted pointless and weak Hougo(sp?) when most of them were actually pretty damn tough to beat(aside from Regular Sharp, which is rather pointless).

All in all, and as I stated in another thread, I thought the series handled it better (I liked the Rammie and Battle-Maniac Margery more than the not-so-battle-maniac Margery from this one), even though it wasn't perfect either. The only thing they did better was the Animation, I'll give them that much.

Dec 5, 2007 5:28 PM
Feb 2007
I really liked the movie. They made the first 6 episodes flow together very nicly, the animation was a lot better, and the extended fight between Shana and Friagne was awesome.
Dec 8, 2007 6:51 AM

May 2007
ok thanx

Jan 17, 2008 2:08 AM

Apr 2007
Wow, after having this lying dead in my hardrive for months, i finally got around to watching it XD. I agree that this was a much better telling of the first arc of the series, 8/10. *patiently waits for season 2 to be over so i can marathon it~

Indigo said:
The movie surely was better than the series arc. I just didn't like the fact that releasing Alastor didn't kill Shana in this new first time and he pretty much knew that. The whole drama in the end of the 1st season makes no sense now at all.

LOL. too true XD.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Mar 3, 2008 10:11 PM

May 2007
i just saw it and i liked it a lot!
8/10

Mar 19, 2008 8:24 AM

May 2007
Does the movie include all of the first series eps or just an arc? (and how many eps is that)

Mar 19, 2008 9:48 AM
Anime DB Admin
BACK FOR MORE?

Jan 2007
Marek92 said:
Does the movie include all of the first series eps or just an arc? (and how many eps is that)

No you can't skip the first season (or parts of it) because you watched the movie. It's not the same story, even though it's similar.

staff.applications  
guidelines.faq 

report.abuse  

thx.skittles  
thx.kina 

[H+] ³  
Apr 24, 2009 9:58 AM

Dec 2008

There were nice effects and some really nice scenes in this movie, but in comparison I prefer the 24 episodes of Season 1
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 9, 2009 3:08 PM

May 2009
Been a while since I watched Shakugan no Shana so it was nice to see the characters etc again. Some parts of the movie were good - the girl disappearing in the beginning and the battle at the end. Other than that it was quite slow and boring imo.
Oct 17, 2009 4:41 AM

Jan 2009
LOL Wilhelmina was on TV :P... Twice!!

I'm not usually that into movies that do recap, I guess I just watched it because that's what I do when I really like a series, I watch every-single-thing that's related to it ^^. It was nice remembering how it all began though and somehow now everything made more sense than the first time I watched it. I'm just glad they re-made the battle between Shana and Friagne, the first one was so boring I don't even remember it :">. Battle scenes aren't exactly this anime's strong point...
But I'm confused about one thing... Since when can Yuji cast a Fuzetsu o_O?

And yeah Alastor rocks :P.

Dec 21, 2009 11:53 PM

Nov 2008
Tako said:
I thought that the movie was really good (But hey I'll probably think anything with Shana in it is good XD). It was much better than the arc from the TV series. The animation for the movie was done a hell of a lot better too. 10/10 in my book.

I agree. This was much better than the TV version. The animation was better too. I can't wait for season 3 and the other OVAs. This was a nice distraction. 9/10

Alastor rocked at the end. He seemed like a God. The bits with Wilhelmina were funny too. She always appeared on TV and on distant and remote places too.
Feb 12, 2010 4:56 AM

Jan 2009
to the moment that Alastor made his show with great flames, i thought it was an unnecessary movie.. but last 10minutes changed my mind a little^^ 7/10
and Wilhelmina on TV was foolish but funny:D
Feb 28, 2010 11:39 AM
Dec 2008
which ones more closer to the novel?
the first arc in the series or the movie
Mar 6, 2010 5:12 AM

Jan 2010
The animation was a hundred times better and the story was told in a more interesting way. I liked this movie better than the first arc of the first season. Now I can watch season two.
Jul 19, 2010 12:14 AM

Jul 2008
I thought the movie was better than season one. But I can't stand Yuji getting so angry over Torches being extinguished. They are already dead, why does it matter if they are extinguished a little early for using a spell or fixing a room? It just gets so annoying to hear him prattle on about how important everyone's lives are, Torch or no.

7/10
Aug 20, 2010 6:08 AM

Jan 2010
I really liked the movie. LOL at Wilhelmina on the TV ..
Aug 7, 2011 9:28 AM

Oct 2010
First time watching anything regarding this show. Don't know about the anime but the movie was nice. Was pretty sad about that Yukari incident...
Oct 15, 2011 3:31 AM

Jul 2011
thought it's gonna some lame recap , but it so great .
the animation and the story is much better than the first arc of the series , heck it's much better than the whole season.
i was never a fan of shakugan no shana , but this movie made me a fan
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» worth watching

Killscendo - Feb 14, 2008

13 by Ericc_star »»
Aug 22, 2017 1:01 AM

» US DVD Release by Funimation?

SailorCardKnight - Apr 13, 2009

2 by Asrialys »»
Aug 26, 2009 3:07 PM

» DVD release?

TsundereRic - Sep 14, 2007

4 by TsundereRic »»
Sep 20, 2007 7:02 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.