Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »
Nov 10, 2012 8:15 PM
Jul 2012
BloodRequiem said:
DStev said:
Getting a little bored of SAO lol, I really don't see Kirito as a badass, more so just a weird guy who has random urges to kill

2 years of saved up semen can make you very frustrated.

indeed. so frustrated, you get sudden urges to bite women's hands.
Nov 10, 2012 8:18 PM

Apr 2011
I found this episode boring and this is someone who has been defending SAO. It just seem like everything got off track and Kirito has just been getting ridiculous.
Nov 10, 2012 8:21 PM

Sep 2012
BloodRequiem said:
As if he would not jerk off in the month of rehabilitation after waking up from the SAO-induced coma.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 10, 2012 8:22 PM
Jul 2012
symbv said:
BloodRequiem said:
As if he would not jerk off in the month of rehabilitation after waking up from the SAO-induced coma.

If he didn't im calling bullshit on the entire SAO series. 2 years is impossible.
Nov 10, 2012 8:52 PM
Sep 2012
prismheart said:
This show has taught me that online games are serious business.

I noticed that, I think it's hilarious how there is alliance meetings and super elaborate plots against others. But, if it stayed true to MMOs, the show would suck.
Nov 10, 2012 8:57 PM

Jul 2012
wow, this episode seemed sooooooo short! But, kirito, what have you been doing in SAO all this time if you dont know how to ignore the blockers and go for the mages in a team fight? You had the chance, dont fuck with me!
Nov 10, 2012 8:58 PM

Jan 2011
Kirito's illusion magic made him turn into something that's similar to the Blue-Eyed Demon in SAO eh? Talk about awesome! I love the effects when players cast a spell. 'Men. They sure like getting straight to the point' lmao.

Kirito biting on Lyfa's hand, wtf lol! That Kirito X Lyfa moment towards the end of the episode was very nice. Kirito sure has a habit of talking smug. :P I like how the episode ended, first person view running towards the end of the cave. This episode felt pretty short to me, nevertheless it was awesome. :D
Nov 10, 2012 8:59 PM

Jul 2012
BloodRequiem said:
DStev said:
Getting a little bored of SAO lol, I really don't see Kirito as a badass, more so just a weird guy who has random urges to kill

LOL UAHSUAHUSAUSHAHUS
Nov 10, 2012 9:03 PM
Sep 2010
symbv said:
BloodRequiem said:
I really wouldn't want to see Kirito jerk off considering how he uses his sword lol.
Nov 10, 2012 9:04 PM
Sep 2012
Rykee said:
wow, this episode seemed sooooooo short! But, kirito, what have you been doing in SAO all this time if you dont know how to ignore the blockers and go for the mages in a team fight? You had the chance, dont fuck with me!
I thought the exact same thing. For someone who's played MMO's for years and survived SAO, he sure seemed like a retard not to go after the mages first.
lindsayzzz said:
Kirito biting on Lyfa's hand, wtf lol! That Kirito X Lyfa moment towards the end of the episode was very nice. Kirito sure has a habit of talking smug. :P I like how the episode ended, first person view running towards the end of the cave. This episode felt pretty short to me, nevertheless it was awesome. :D
Ugh! I hate that I have to wait another week to find out what happens.
KillHokageHaters said:
symbv said:
BloodRequiem said:
I really wouldn't want to see Kirito jerk off considering how he uses his sword lol.
He'd probably go all out and finish with a "Raahhhh ah ah ah... all done"
Nov 10, 2012 9:05 PM
Aug 2012
Jesus christ,

WHAT do the cleavage shots do for the show.

Nothing.

This show is migrating it's way down to an easy 1/10 anytime now.
Nov 10, 2012 9:05 PM

Mar 2012
vbyo said:
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm a pretty big SAO fan, love the series, don't care for the hate, but I didn't quite like this episode, I don't know, just seemed off-track on a lot of stuff, hopefully everything has happened has something to do with what he will be doing later on to get Asuna out, if not than its just a filler episode which I'm disappointed in, because there are so few left, and I don't want the last few to be rushed.

Yeah, this episode pretty much just felt like not much really happened.
Next episode better deliver. And more pantsless Suguha please.
Nov 10, 2012 9:08 PM
Sep 2010
Dessiato said:
Jesus christ,

Nothing.

Thats the funniest thing I heard on this forum you must not know that every anime is going to reference something like that. Either get used to it or drop it point blank.
Nov 10, 2012 9:08 PM
Sep 2012
ataraxial said:
vbyo said:
I don't know if I'm the only one, but I'm a pretty big SAO fan, love the series, don't care for the hate, but I didn't quite like this episode, I don't know, just seemed off-track on a lot of stuff, hopefully everything has happened has something to do with what he will be doing later on to get Asuna out, if not than its just a filler episode which I'm disappointed in, because there are so few left, and I don't want the last few to be rushed.

Funny how she takes the time to remove, then puts on her shorts every time she goes in or out of her room.
Nov 10, 2012 9:09 PM
Sep 2010
ataraxial said:
vbyo said:

I wanna see Asuna next episode (:
Nov 10, 2012 9:10 PM

Feb 2010
Pretty decent episode... and the best one in a while, compared the BS this second arc has been.
Nov 10, 2012 9:10 PM

Mar 2012
AiCon said:
Funny how she takes the time to remove, then puts on her shorts every time she goes in or out of her room.

It's all set-up for the one time she completely forgets, leaves the room, and runs into Kirito.
If that doesn't happen, they're doing it wrong.
Nov 10, 2012 9:12 PM

Apr 2012
KillHokageHaters said:
symbv said:
BloodRequiem said:

Do I have to use THAT? 2 handed technique?
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Nov 10, 2012 9:16 PM
Sep 2012
ataraxial said:
AiCon said:

It's all set-up for the one time she completely forgets, leaves the room, and runs into Kirito.
If that doesn't happen, they're doing it wrong.
Why would she be concerned with Kirito seeing her since she walks around her room with the curtains open for the neighbors to see?

I think that she she's a closet exhibitionist at heart.
Nov 10, 2012 9:24 PM
Jun 2010
Nov 10, 2012 9:25 PM

Aug 2011
Dessiato said:
Jesus christ,

Nothing.

Don't forget ass scenes.
DAT ASSUNA
Nov 10, 2012 9:26 PM

Mar 2012
rishardew said:
Episode seemed really short, when I noticed it was already the ending. Looks like next episode will be good, looking foward to it!

That's exactly how I felt. When the screen faded out, I was all pumped up for the next half of the episode. Except it didn't happen. I'm really curious as to how they managed to pull that off.

AiCon said:
Why would she be concerned with Kirito seeing her since she walks around her room with the curtains open for the neighbors to see?

Well she has to put some effort into hiding that fact from Kirito since he might not be into that.
The neighbors, on the other hand...
Nov 10, 2012 9:41 PM

Jul 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
ClementIV said:
I was hoping for a more exciting episode but this was till good. It doesn't seem like there would be enough time to conclusively end this without another season.

They will be able to conclusively end this arc this season, of course tho the series still has more arcs, thus why the LN is ongoing.

It's still ongoing? Frick my expectations for an ending with closure just plummeted.

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Nov 10, 2012 9:41 PM

Sep 2011
Lul. Was an okay episode, the only good part was the fight with the salamander's and turning into Gleam eyes.
Nov 10, 2012 9:47 PM
Sep 2012
ataraxial said:
AiCon said:

Well she has to put some effort into hiding that fact from Kirito since he might not be into that.
The neighbors, on the other hand...
Then she should put on some balls and find out for sure.
QuiGonJon said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
ClementIV said:
I was hoping for a more exciting episode but this was till good. It doesn't seem like there would be enough time to conclusively end this without another season.

They will be able to conclusively end this arc this season, of course tho the series still has more arcs, thus why the LN is ongoing.

It's still ongoing? Frick my expectations for an ending with closure just plummeted.
From what I've heard, Asuna finally gets out at the end of ALO and reunites with everyone they've met in SAO and ALO. How's that for closure.
Nov 10, 2012 9:51 PM

Mar 2012
QuiGonJon said:

It should be pretty closure-y. Be glad they didn't end after episode 15.
Nov 10, 2012 10:27 PM

Oct 2010
(All pics on spoiler tags)

Yay! This is SAO alright. Anyone messing with Kirito's harem will be severely punished!

Questions:

1. Why can't they just fly over the wall? Or even easier, fly through the side?

2. Recon can still see and follow Sigurd and his men even after they wore the invisible cloak (lol Harry Potter)? How?

3. Why are the Salamanders so pathetic? Kirito could probably take out 100 of them alone with his Gleam-eyed form.

4. When Kirito grabbed Lyfa's hand and ran through the monsters, those monsters suddenly made a way for them? Oh nice monsters.

Reim_SeranthNov 10, 2012 10:42 PM

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Nov 10, 2012 10:32 PM

Aug 2011
The conversation between the defeated Salmander and Kirito about exchanging items was pretty funny.

Also, next episode:
Nov 10, 2012 10:33 PM
Sep 2011
That transformation would make a good SAO boss...
Nov 10, 2012 10:33 PM

Jun 2012
Wow, that was a cool episode! The action was intense and I like that players can die in ALO (taken more seriously). As always, Kirito has some ultimate move that totally obliterates the enemy. But it was still cool, I really liked the formation they had (support). Another thing I really liked was the casting of spells using words. Although I don't understand it (not even sure of what language, Latin?), it's really cool and awesome at the same time.
Also, the ending obviously leaves me wanting more, since the "plan" is coming together. Although I don'at fully understand all of the factions, I can't wait to see next week's episode. I was really hoping that there was at least a small possibility that Kirito would see Asuna (hasn't talked to her since episode 14, saw her in hospital while she was in ALO episode 15, and saw an image, that's it), but when he does, it will be another amazing moment in the series (I have two so far).
One thing that I liked more about last episode was the ED. It came in while the Salamanders were following or stalking Leafa and Kirito, so it was an epic moment that made the episode have a fantastic ending IMO.
Of course, a 5/5.

Nov 10, 2012 10:34 PM

Mar 2012
wishbook said:
Yay! This is SAO alright. Anyone messing with Kirito's harem will be severely punished!

Questions:

2. Recon can still see and follow Sigurd and his men even after they wore the invisible cloak (lol Harry Potter)? How?

3. Why are the Salamanders so pathetic? Kirito could probably take out 100 of them alone with his Gleam-eyed form.

4. When Kirito grabbed Lyfa's hand and ran through the monsters, those monsters suddenly made a way for them? Oh nice monsters.

1. For whatever reason, I believe they can't fly where they were (underground, dungeon).
2. Sound. And I don't think they went very far anyways.
3. and 4. Kirito is pretty much just OP from keeping his SAO data.
Nov 10, 2012 10:38 PM

Jul 2011
ataraxial said:
wishbook said:

Questions:

1. For whatever reason, I believe they can't fly where they were (underground, dungeon).

Adding on 3 and 4.
The Gleam Eyes monster is large and intimidating, even if it is just a game they were seeing it up close first hand. Of course not everyone would be frightened by it I guess but these people were.
They didn't literally make way for him, he just ran through their group.

Nov 10, 2012 10:46 PM

Oct 2010
Obstinate said:
ataraxial said:
wishbook said:

Questions:

Adding on 3 and 4.
The Gleam Eyes monster is large and intimidating, even if it is just a game they were seeing it up close first hand. Of course not everyone would be frightened by it I guess but these people were.
They didn't literally make way for him, he just ran through their group.

^ The way I see it, they're making a way for Kirito to run straight ahead.

ataraxial said:
wishbook said:

Questions:

So, a group of men who risks betraying their own race would walk loudly, enough for someone to follow their sound from 6 meters afar? Seems legit.

He can still follow them without being spotted.. lol

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)
Nov 10, 2012 10:47 PM

Oct 2012
I don't see how this could possibly end by episode 25. Looks like it's going to be another Accel World...
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 10, 2012 10:47 PM

Jan 2012
This show is becoming excessively disappointing.
Nov 10, 2012 10:54 PM

Nov 2007
ataraxial said:
wishbook said:

Questions:

1. They did mention it when Suguha returned from the real world that they have to walk. Dunno why, maybe the g is super saiyan tier which they cannot master, so hashire hashire :P
2. Harry Potter? Maybe because it's popular now a days, but this goes back to 1812. Ever heard about The Twelve Dancing Princesses from Grimm Brothers? It doesn't answer the question but yeah, probably sounds from footsteps? You can rely on sound when you know they are using invisible cloaks. Probably because it was a dark underground path, sound would actually be a better way to follow someone? Just helping SAO out here.
3. Why do you mention it now? That can be called racism in real world (joking of course). Every single one of them is pathetic. I haven't seen anyone doing anything great in SAO and ALO as of now, no matter which side, team or party they are from apart from this god gifted gamer Kirito-kun, and to some extent Asuna, when she was still a strong character.
4. Those monsters decided to just appear for the sake of appearing. They were actually after some screentime, so not actually as nice as you thought them to be. Also, they probably had a hunch that they were going to be shattered to glass pieces had they confronted God Gifted Gamer Kirito-kun, so they made ways for him. Like I said, they were after screen-time. :D

Anyways, to make the long story short, loved the episode for all the LOLs in it. Nothing spectacular happening in this arc, and the anime, as mediocre as it is, kinda pulls me into it because of how plain and dull it is.

5/5
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Nov 10, 2012 10:55 PM

Sep 2008
SAO's been bad since episode 2 or 3 but now it isn't even entertaining anymore.
Nov 10, 2012 10:58 PM

Oct 2012
Obstinate said:

It's just a convenient detail the writers would overlook to make the story go along more smoothly (these guys aren't literary geniuses after all). Almost every anime has these. Of course, in real life, most game players except absolute noobs would never get scared and panic in the face of an enemy. It's like how did Sigurd get followed without noticing, considering Recon was obviously a low-level character? And why didn't Recon just make a new character when he was caught?

And in Episode 2 of Accel World, why would Kuroyukihime instruct Haru to run away after kicking Ash Roller off his bike, if Ash Roller didn't have any attacks besides his bike, and Haru's Silver Crow was a melee fighter? It was almost a facepalm moment that any gamer would have immediately noticed.

Then again, nothing good comes out of picking sci-fi apart. Just gotta watch it with one eye closed...
My subjective reviews: katsureview.wordpress.com
THE CHAT CLUB.
Nov 10, 2012 11:00 PM

Oct 2010
shanimebib said:
ataraxial said:
wishbook said:

Questions:

1. They did mention it when Suguha returned from the real world that they have to walk. Dunno why, maybe the g is super saiyan tier which they cannot master, so hashire hashire :P
2. Harry Potter? Maybe because it's popular now a days, but this goes back to 1812. Ever heard about The Twelve Dancing Princesses from Grimm Brothers? It doesn't answer the question but yeah, probably sounds from footsteps? You can rely on sound when you know they are using invisible cloaks. Probably because it was a dark underground path, sound would actually be a better way to follow someone? Just helping SAO out here.
3. Why do you mention it now? That can be called racism in real world (joking of course). Every single one of them is pathetic. I haven't seen anyone doing anything great in SAO and ALO as of now, no matter which side, team or party they are from apart from this god gifted gamer Kirito-kun, and to some extent Asuna, when she was still a strong character.
4. Those monsters decided to just appear for the sake of appearing. They were actually after some screentime, so not actually as nice as you thought them to be. Also, they probably had a hunch that they were going to be shattered to glass pieces had they confronted God Gifted Gamer Kirito-kun, so they made ways for him. Like I said, they were after screen-time. :D

Anyways, to make the long story short, loved the episode for all the LOLs in it. Nothing spectacular happening in this arc, and the anime, as mediocre as it is, kinda pulls me into it because of how plain and dull it is.

5/5

Wow I should try to watch it the same way you do, maybe it will be much easier to swallow. On reaction to number 2, I really doubt that the author picked up that reference from The Twelve Dancing Princesses. I really do.

The rest: LMAO

Nov 10, 2012 11:10 PM
Apr 2012
Matas said:
SAO's been bad since episode 2 or 3 but now it isn't even entertaining anymore.

I agree. Watching this show is becoming a chore.
Nov 10, 2012 11:18 PM
Feb 2009
another week of waiting for next ep... oh well got me some black ops 2 next week to keep me company :)
Nov 10, 2012 11:19 PM
Nov 2010
Nuuu another week till I can see another awesome episode!! @.@!
Nov 10, 2012 11:26 PM
Aug 2012
KillHokageHaters said:
Dessiato said:
Jesus christ,

Nothing.

Thats the funniest thing I heard on this forum you must not know that every anime is going to reference something like that. Either get used to it or drop it point blank.

You must have seen ALOT of bad anime.
Nov 10, 2012 11:43 PM

Dec 2009
Hmm...the initial battle with the Salamanders without context really seems out of place, making Kirito just having fun killing people LOL. Inner monologues really make things a lot clearer.

And considering how hard it is to even attempt the main quest of getting to the top of Yggdrasil, I think it makes sense for Kirito to take this side track and get involved with the high level politics of the game on the way to Aurun. Get some positive points from 2 race leaders LOL.

I_eat_pikmin said:

I agree. Watching this show is becoming a chore.

... :P
NettoAzureNov 10, 2012 11:47 PM
Nov 11, 2012 12:24 AM

May 2011
Great episode with some legit fighting and badass Kirito. That transformation into Gleam Eye was awesome and it was fun seeing him easily wipe them all out. Lol at that bro scene with that Salamander afterwards. Was great to see some cute scenes with Kirito and Leafa too, haha at the end with the way that she was hanging on for dear life.

Looks like next episode is gonna be even better with a huge fight coming up, can't wait to see more surprised faces when Kirito starts beasting out again.
Nov 11, 2012 12:30 AM

Jun 2012
Though I still have problems with the characterization in this show, the action this week I found pretty entertaining with Kirito just growing into a huge monster. If the show can keep this up, I won't be slamming my head every time I watch the show for the last couple of episodes.
Nov 11, 2012 12:46 AM

Jan 2011
Citizeninsane said:
This show is becoming excessively disappointing.
katsucats said:
I don't see how this could possibly end by episode 25. Looks like it's going to be another Accel World...

This, I liked the SAO arc after the super-bad start but this feels like some generic harem fightning crap show except that the fighting is in a virtual world this time.
I feel that this could've and should've been a lot better. Great music and sound in general, great animation but the direction is just really bad. This was a better episode than the previous ones imo since something actually happened. But this is still too slow-paced imo.
Go in a cave! => Oh noes something happens! => Go out the way we came!
... is the author running out of ideas of something?
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Nov 11, 2012 12:56 AM

Mar 2011
Near perfect episode, probably one of the best episodes of SAO and ALO in term of enjoyment
That battle was superb and seeing Kirito and Lyfa teased each other was fun
We got to see some interesting plot development, probably a war between some races?
Can't wait for the next one
Nov 11, 2012 1:20 AM
Aug 2009
katsucats said:
Obstinate said:

It's just a convenient detail the writers would overlook to make the story go along more smoothly (these guys aren't literary geniuses after all). Almost every anime has these. Of course, in real life, most game players except absolute noobs would never get scared and panic in the face of an enemy. It's like how did Sigurd get followed without noticing, considering Recon was obviously a low-level character? And why didn't Recon just make a new character when he was caught?

And in Episode 2 of Accel World, why would Kuroyukihime instruct Haru to run away after kicking Ash Roller off his bike, if Ash Roller didn't have any attacks besides his bike, and Haru's Silver Crow was a melee fighter? It was almost a facepalm moment that any gamer would have immediately noticed.

Then again, nothing good comes out of picking sci-fi apart. Just gotta watch it with one eye closed...

Regarding Gleameyes: Keep in mind that ALO isn't like a normal game. Everything in game, they see in complete detail. It's not a top-down, 3rd person view. It's a 1st person view where you can hear it, see it, smell it, feel its body heat. I'm pretty sure that anyone who suddenly sees a huge monster with glowing eyes, razor-sharp claws, ram horns that's at least 7 times your size and breathes fire would be pretty damn scared. The reason why IRL, people playing a game would not be scared of such a monster is because there is a screen between them and the monster, a sense of detachment. In ALO, this screen does not exist. Although you may intellectually know that it's just a game and the Gleameyes will not harm you, the signals being sent to your brain by your five senses are disorientating - human instinct of self-preservation will kick in, with instinct overriding the mental assurances that it's just a game. So you WILL feel fear.

Regarding Recon's level, that's a valid point, though I'm certain that Sigurd, being more of a frontline fighter, would not have grinded his Detection tree to any significant extent, and Recon could have specialised in it, which would be unsurprising considering his name. In the first place, look at their methods of hiding: Recon uses a spell, Sigurd has to rely upon an item.

As for changing characters, I'm pretty sure that each player can only have one character...it fits, given that any game with the possibility of multiple characters would definitely not encourage the level of commitment that the ALO players display.
massdNov 11, 2012 1:24 AM
Nov 11, 2012 1:21 AM
Sep 2011
wishbook said:
(All pics on spoiler tags)

Questions:

1. They can't fly undeground, they need sun or moon shine to use wings.
2. Recon is very good in tracking, so just invisibility cloak was not enough.
3. Kirito is really strong, and spell only increased his strength. Salamanders also panicked, so they couldn't do anything.
4. The monsters tried to block, but Kirito saw the gap and ran through.
Pages (14) « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Yesterday

50 by holo-simp »»
2 hours ago

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Yesterday

55 by hi777 »»
Yesterday, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

734 by Lionwing »»
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.