Forum Settings
Forums

Blu-ray Only Episode of Little Busters! Announced

New
Nov 9, 2012 5:28 AM

Feb 2008
According to the official website, a Blu-ray carrying an unaired episode of Little Busters! was announce to be distributed to those who purchase all the nine Blu-rays or DVDs of the TV series. The ninth volume will be released on August 28th 2013.

Source: Little Busters official website

Little Busters! OVA on MAL
NaruleachMar 19, 2013 1:39 AM
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 9, 2012 5:56 AM

Sep 2012
Muscle Route?
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 9, 2012 6:12 AM
Feb 2012
Nine only?
9 x 2 = 18
9 x 3 = 27 (guess it's this one then since the season's got 26 episodes in total plus the 27th unaired one)

But I don't quite get the part that it'll be distributed to those who have purchased all the BDs. Do I have to like send my invoices in to prove it lol?
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Nov 9, 2012 6:21 AM

Apr 2010
GuiltyKing said:
Nine only?
9 x 2 = 18
9 x 3 = 27 (guess it's this one then since the season's got 26 episodes in total plus the 27th unaired one)

But I don't quite get the part that it'll be distributed to those who have purchased all the BDs. Do I have to like send my invoices in to prove it lol?
Included in each volume will be a ticket you collect and send in. They'll mail the BDs out after about a month and a half past the final volume's release. (collecting information/pressing/shipping time).

Also it's 8x3 and 1x2 to make 26 episodes.
Nov 9, 2012 6:30 AM

Apr 2010
I wonder what this might entail. I can't imagine this is the "continuation" the producer was talking about. And I can't think of any arcs that would only take 1 episode..

Nov 9, 2012 7:20 AM

Jul 2008
Wow they really want this to sell. That offer is pretty ridiculous.
Nov 9, 2012 7:24 AM

Apr 2010
GarLogan78 said:
Wow they really want this to sell. That offer is pretty ridiculous.

Its not really that rare of an offer to do. JoJo this season has the same offer except you get a figurine for buying all the BDs. Some others give away event tickets for doing so. They always try to find some way to prevent a decline of sales in later volumes

Nov 9, 2012 7:44 AM
Aug 2011
Beach episode?
Probably not.
Nov 9, 2012 7:59 AM

Jun 2011
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Beach episode?
Probably not.

Why not?
Honobono Log - best slice of life short
--------------------------------------------
most kawaii loli overlord
----------------------------
Donquixote Doflamingo AMV - Control
Nov 9, 2012 8:12 AM

Dec 2010
Already more announced \O/
Nov 9, 2012 8:13 AM

Oct 2011
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Beach episode?
Probably not.
But they can't skip beach episode in series o.O
it would be weird

I hope it will be path of the Muscle, true ending of LB!
Nov 9, 2012 8:19 AM

Mar 2011
More LB! is always good. I hope its the muscle route.
As it turns out, living was a punishment...
Nov 9, 2012 8:20 AM

Aug 2011
Muscle sensation please.
Nov 9, 2012 9:11 AM

Apr 2010
Dalek-baka said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Beach episode?
Probably not.
it would be weird

I hope it will be path of the Muscle, true ending of LB!

Muscle Route, I hope. I really want to see some 'Kinniku, kinniku, yeah, yeah'.
Nov 9, 2012 9:32 AM

Sep 2011
Yeah probably gonna be the Muscle Route.
Achieve your mission with all your might.
Despair not till your last breath.
Make your death count.
Nov 9, 2012 9:36 AM

Nov 2008
i will be waiting for it
Nov 9, 2012 9:55 AM

Oct 2007
Wow, that's really dirty move, JC Staff is desperate.

@jmal, good decision. Just buy the VNs if you haven't already.
ProgeuszNov 9, 2012 10:03 AM
Nov 9, 2012 10:04 AM

Oct 2011
Progeusz said:
same goes for KyoAni
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=512003

Silver Link
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=477663

Shaft
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-04-07/denpa-onna-to-seishun-otoko-bds-to-add-unaired-episode

they are all so desperate and doing those dirty moves (except Silver Link as here it already went down in flames)
Nov 9, 2012 10:12 AM

Feb 2012
Dalek-baka said:
Progeusz said:
same goes for KyoAni
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=512003

Silver Link
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=477663

Shaft
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2011-04-07/denpa-onna-to-seishun-otoko-bds-to-add-unaired-episode

they are all so desperate and doing those dirty moves (except Silver Link as here it already went down in flames)
Difference is you don't need to purchase all previous volumes to get the extra ep unlike for LB.
Nov 9, 2012 10:29 AM

Oct 2011
jmal said:
The difference is that this is mail-in. You have to buy all the volumes to get it; with all the other things you linked, you can buy just that volume.

In any case, this isn't a huge deal if you live in Japan, though it does mean people who just want to buy the bonus episode can't.

But this really really sucks for importers, because I'm 99% sure Warner Brothers will not ship this disc outside of Japan. Whereas I can import all of those other discs (and have/am!) normally through Amazon and the like.

If this were just another normal release BD-only episode I would have no problem with it whatsoever.
And another thing learned - I do import it via friend in Japan so it's more time consuming but cheaper.

Still I don't think it's something bad from their point of view - more people will buy, sales will be more stable along the road. Producers will be happy, fans also (I don't think they put something plot relevant - more things like Muscle Sensation or Loli Loli Hunters).
But I don't think they care about importers at this point.

And I have no idea what's this dirty move about - but it must be some evil plan of JC Staff.
Nov 9, 2012 12:02 PM

Jun 2008
Dalek-baka said:

I don't think I'd call it an act of desperation. Businesses exist to make money and this is just another (common) means to that end.
Nov 9, 2012 12:41 PM

Oct 2007
Redfoxoffire said:
Dalek-baka said:

I don't think I'd call it an act of desperation. Businesses exist to make money and this is just another (common) means to that end.
You know, what they're doing is even worse than DLC. So far BD's were more like Collector's Editions.
I really hope this idea will backfire, not for my sake (at least not in near future, sadly I can't afford importing) but for sake of people who buy those discs.
Now imagine that every company starts doing something like that, inspired by JC Staff success (if there is one).

jmal said:
Too hard to find time to play through VNs, especially long ones. I have ones I bought like 2 years ago I haven't gotten to yet...
Ha, I know what you feel, maybe not with VNs but other games and books which wait on shelf for long months. I wanted to play LB! as the season goes on but couldn't find time for it at all, when I don't watch/talk about anime I play Black 2 and even this is going rather slowly.
Nov 9, 2012 12:52 PM

Dec 2009
Hopefully not a beach episode.
Nov 9, 2012 1:22 PM

Jan 2012
ill take it.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Nov 9, 2012 2:02 PM

Aug 2011
That's really gimmicky for what will probably be another shitty beach episode (ala J.C. Staff).

Dalek-baka said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Beach episode?
Probably not.
it would be weird
Are you serious?
Nov 9, 2012 2:13 PM

Feb 2012
Good news :D

More Little Busters is appreciated even when the series isn't at its peak yet.
Nov 9, 2012 2:19 PM

Apr 2010
Funny thing is that...

Nov 9, 2012 5:21 PM

Sep 2011
DraconisMarch said:
That's really gimmicky for what will probably be another shitty beach episode (ala J.C. Staff).

Dalek-baka said:
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:
Beach episode?
Probably not.
it would be weird
Are you serious?

Hopefully not. The only way they would do a beach episode is if they finished Refrain in 26 episodes; which they will not. Seeing as how they're doing more episodes supposedly after this one, We'll get another season for Refrain.

Also their is no beach part in Little Busters VN, so this would be going out of the VN entirely.
Nov 9, 2012 7:19 PM

Jun 2010
Probably a beach episode...
Nov 9, 2012 7:57 PM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
Muscle Route?

Probably.

Nov 9, 2012 8:13 PM

Apr 2010
This was obvious, but well, as I'm loving the series so far I think I'll end up watching it

"Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?"
Nov 9, 2012 8:22 PM

Nov 2010
lol,blaming j.c for everything is still a trend?

it won't be a main plot material...probably ir's "just" muscle sensation.
Nov 9, 2012 9:04 PM

Jun 2010
Well.... it's not like fans wouldn't buy all volumes, isn't it?
LOL
Nov 10, 2012 12:57 AM

Oct 2011
Tyrel said:
Hopefully not. The only way they would do a beach episode is if they finished Refrain in 26 episodes; which they will not. Seeing as how they're doing more episodes supposedly after this one, We'll get another season for Refrain.

Also their is no beach part in Little Busters VN, so this would be going out of the VN entirely.
In the VN? Of course there is

Still I think it will be Muscle Sensation or/and Loli Loli Hunters (which would make awesome episode if combined).
Nov 10, 2012 1:31 AM

Sep 2012
Progeusz said:
Some fans in Japan also suspect if it has anything to do with the lackluster pre-sales of the BD, though I am not sure if it is really the case since making one whole episode just as a gift (albeit it is for people who buy all the volumes) takes real cost, but then it is not entirely unbelievable..

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 10, 2012 7:47 AM

Apr 2010
symbv said:
Progeusz said:
Some fans in Japan also suspect if it has anything to do with the lackluster pre-sales of the BD, though I am not sure if it is really the case since making one whole episode just as a gift (albeit it is for people who buy all the volumes) takes real cost, but then it is not entirely unbelievable..

If they really cared about the sales that much, they wouldn't have done a rush job with a lower tier studio. They should be happy they're going to get any sales with how low the budget is.

Nov 10, 2012 8:10 AM

Sep 2011
Dalek-baka said:
Tyrel said:

In the VN? Of course there is

Though that's not meant for fanservice. Muscle Sensation is most likely for Masato+Kud fans.

Nov 10, 2012 8:19 AM

Sep 2012
RyanSaotome said:
If they really cared about the sales that much, they wouldn't have done a rush job with a lower tier studio. They should be happy they're going to get any sales with how low the budget is.
I am not sure one can call JC Staff a definite low-tier studio. In terms of both output and well-known popular works JC Staff is not low-tier. And you seem to be very certain the budget is very low. While I won't say it is showing anything that indicates big budget, but I also do not see things in the anime that indicates it has really low budget.
symbvNov 10, 2012 8:25 AM

Nov 10, 2012 8:23 AM

Nov 2010
People just like to bitch to J.C Staf. Nothing new.

Btw, from what I heard in weekly sales thread, LB is still one of the candidate for top 5 selling of Fall (which is a very strong season) according to estimation, so I don't get the "desperate move" logic.
Nov 10, 2012 8:25 AM

Apr 2010
zeroyuki92 said:

Btw, from what I heard in weekly sales thread, LB is still one of the candidate for top 5 selling of Fall (which is a very strong season) according to estimation, so I don't get the "desperate move" logic.

This is the current point totals (took it from /a/)

1. To Love Ru Darkness (4,989)
2. Chuu-2 (4,038)
3. Little Busters (3,289)
4. Girls und Panzer (3,279)
5. JoJos Bizarre Adventure (3,213)
6. Hidamari Sketch (2,519)
7. K (1,557)
8. Jormungard (1,521)
9. Psycho Pass (1,225)
10. Magi (1,021)

LB is trending down though.. it'll drop to 5th after a day or two. Should stay above Hidamari for a little bit though.

Nov 10, 2012 8:30 AM

Sep 2012
zeroyuki92 said:
For weekly sales thread, you mean those in 2ch? Actually what I got from the sales thread in 2ch is that the pre-sales has been weak for weeks now.

As RyanSaotome said, the accumulated points for Little Busters may be the fourth (Gintama is strongest in DVD and the list in RyanSaotome's post only covers the BDs) bestselling title, but in terms of new orders it is trending downwards. Looking at the Amazon, it has been hovering below Gintama, GirlPan, Chuunibyou, Hidamari, ToLoveRu D and JoJo for quite a long while. This means it is increasingly doubtful if it can make to top 5 selling if the current trend continues.

Granted, with more episodes coming, the story may eventually get people to decide to buy as it seems the recent episode of Komari's route's end apparently prompted a jump in sales for LB! BD in Amazon. But it is not unbelievable that there may be disappointment, if not desperation, on the anime production side.
symbvNov 10, 2012 8:35 AM

Nov 10, 2012 8:42 AM

Feb 2012
zeroyuki92 said:

Being in top 5 doesn't mean much if there's only 6-7 contenders.

What matters is rank consistency. LB so far has been on a downward trend since the first ep's initial preorder rush most likely from VN players.

Rank-wise, LB has been hovering in the 1-200s and hasn't gone past that in like 2 weeks. The only way to tell if it will actually sell well is if today's ep actually boosts its rank out of the 100's and stays there. I've been watching it closely and so far no ep has actually boosted and stabilized its rank. I'm hoping that changes soon.
Nov 10, 2012 8:59 AM

Apr 2010
At the current pace LB is going, it might even be outsold by Kanon 2002... which is likely the worst case scenario. So theres really no wonder why they are trying desperation measures like an extra episode for buying all the BD volumes. It would get hammered hard by not only the fans but the investors if they can't outsell a VN adaption thats known as everything JC Staff didn't want the series to be.

Nov 10, 2012 9:23 AM

Sep 2012
Yvese said:
Last time I counted there are at least 28 titles competing in this season. Fans in Japan like to put the top 4 bestselling titles of the season on an exalted position. Top 5 is not far from a top-4 honor. And if we count only the serious contenders for the top 5, I would say we have Gintama, GirlPan, Chuunibyou, Hidamari, ToLoveRu D, Magi, JoJo and Psycho-Pass (well at least at the beginning of the season). Some fans want to count Usavitch as well but I am not sue.

Yvese said:
I've been watching it closely and so far no ep has actually boosted and stabilized its rank. I'm hoping that changes soon.
LB did make it big jump on the night of the 10th from a position of higher 200s (not really sure why) but it is still beyond 100 at around 110. Perhaps the latest episode may boost its sales in the coming days....
symbvNov 10, 2012 9:45 AM

Nov 10, 2012 9:45 AM

Feb 2012
symbv said:
Yvese said:
Lats time I counted there are at least 28 titles competing in this season. Fans in Japan like to put the top 4 bestselling titles of the season on an exalted position. Top 5 is not far from a top-4 honor. And if we count only the serious contenders for the top 5, I would say we have Gintama, GirlPan, Chuunibyou, Hidamari, ToLoveRu D, Magi, JoJo and Psycho-Pass (well at least at the beginning of the season). Some fans want to count Usavitch as well but I am not sue.

Yvese said:
I've been watching it closely and so far no ep has actually boosted and stabilized its rank. I'm hoping that changes soon.
LB did make it big jump on the night of the 10th from a position of higher 200s (not really sure why) but it is still beyond 100 at around 110. Perhaps the latest episode may boost its sales in the coming days....
Yea I saw that jump. Thing is it looks like all of the top 5-6 titles got a boost so it's hard to tell whether the latest ep of LB had much to do with it.

Still too early to tell. What I'm more surprised with is Girls und Panzer. It's been going up each day and is actually rank 9 now, higher than both Chuunibyou and LB's highest. Pretty impressive.
Nov 10, 2012 9:49 AM

Sep 2012
Yvese said:
Yea I saw that jump. Thing is it looks like all of the top 5-6 titles got a boost so it's hard to tell whether the latest ep of LB had much to do with it.

Still too early to tell.
jmal made a good point up there. That big jump from almost 300 to just beyond 100 seems to be the boost from this Blu-Ray Only Episode offer. The effect of the latest episode may need time to show as people may not go to order right after they watch an episode (or they may watch it a bit later as it is recorded).

You said other 5-6 titles all got a boost? Which titles and was it at the same time (i.e. in the night of the 10th)? Were the jumps on the same scale as Little Busters?

Off-Topic:
Just found that Total Eclipse Vol.1 jumped back to 24th in Amazon !! Clearly due to Amazon cutting the price of this BD to 30% of its rack price!
symbvNov 10, 2012 9:54 AM

Nov 10, 2012 10:00 AM

Feb 2012
symbv said:
Yvese said:

Still too early to tell.
jmal made a good point up there. That big jump from almost 300 to just beyond 100 seems to be the boost from this Blu-Ray Only Episode offer. The effect of the latest episode may need time to show as people may not go to order right after they watch an episode (or they may watch it a bit later as it is recorded).

You said other 5-6 titles all got a boost? Which titles and was it at the same time (i.e. in the night of the 10th)? Were the jumps on the same scale as Little Busters?
They didn't get the same boost as LB since LB was much lower than all of them. I was just pointing out that looking at the rankings, the top 5-6 have all gone up. TLRD for example was near the 200's but now it's near the 100's. Same with Jojo. All in the same time period as LB.

Obviously though this announcement boosted LB from the mid-upper 200's which is a good sign.
Nov 10, 2012 10:10 AM

Sep 2012
^ A new episode often boosts the sales of the BD, but without actually comparing the broadcast date and the time when the boost occurred it is just a guess.

Nov 10, 2012 2:42 PM

Oct 2007
zeroyuki92 said:

LB! was supposed to be top seller of the season and it certainly looked like that at first. As the time goes on (and actual anime isn't any better, if anything, it's getting worse) it becomes more obvious it won't get #1, it's out of top3 already and might fall even harder. Top5 (maybe even not) is terrible result for LB!

Interesting, so they did get attention of some otaku with announcement of bonus episode. Still, those are only pre-orders and might get canceled if this and next arc aren't handled well.
Oh right, question to knowledgeable people. When someone orders pre-order, cancels it and then orders it again (let's say, after a week) is it counted twice? Is that one of the reasons why most of anime are (were) overestimated?

btw MuvLuv already #19, yay, I like this series more with every episode.

P.S. Anyone knows what happened with amaran? All data before 10/11 disappeared...
Nov 10, 2012 8:43 PM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
symbv said:
^ A new episode often boosts the sales of the BD, but without actually comparing the broadcast date and the time when the boost occurred it is just a guess.

The episode aired at 2012/11/10 22:30 on Tokyo MX, and on 3 other stations 3-4 hours later. However, the jump started almost a day earlier, around when this news came out:
【2012年 11月 09日 22時(金)】 ***,307位
【2012年 11月 09日 23時(金)】 ***,346位
【2012年 11月 10日 00時(土)】 ***,272位
【2012年 11月 10日 01時(土)】 ***,193位
【2012年 11月 10日 02時(土)】 ***,193位
【2012年 11月 10日 03時(土)】 ***,155位
【2012年 11月 10日 04時(土)】 ***,113位

By the time the episode aired , it was already around 100-120.
Actually I was talking about those other anime titles that Yvese said also showed a jump in ranking: " I was just pointing out that looking at the rankings, the top 5-6 have all gone up.". Without comparing the time of the broadcast and the episode airing time it is hard to say if those jumps were caused by a new episode for that anime being aired.

For Little Busters, it is clear that the jump was too early for the latest episode to have any effect (as it was not shown yet).

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» Manga 'Ninja to Koroshiya no Futarigurashi' Gets Anime

Vindstot - Apr 23

31 by animegamer245 »»
40 minutes ago

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
8 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.