Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »
Nov 8, 2012 7:04 PM
Jul 2012
IMO kirito is just a human aphrodisiac
Nov 8, 2012 7:04 PM

Apr 2012
JavierR said:
IMO kirito is just a human aphrodisiac

It's the pheromones from his fairy wings.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Nov 8, 2012 7:11 PM
Jul 2012
Oh I was wondering why sugha was acting like that around him, that makes much more sense.
Nov 8, 2012 7:19 PM

Mar 2012
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Is there really a point to this thread...? It's like asking the girls of NTR why they've fallen for the fatass that raped them... The answer will almost always be the dick... In Asuna's case it might have something to do with two years worth of glopping sperm... Obviously Suguha must have done some experiments on Kirito's body over the 2 years, and realized how crazed she was for his cock... It's SAO after all...

Hate levels are rising.
But speaking of NTR, why do people hate Sugou so much? He's like the least threatening NTR character ever. I mean, I dislike him, but he hasn't even done anything. And it's not like he can go up against Kirito's pheromones and win.
Nov 8, 2012 7:24 PM

Jan 2011
ataraxial said:
Hate levels are rising.
But speaking of NTR, why do people hate Sugou so much? He's like the least threatening NTR character ever. I mean, I dislike him, but he hasn't even done anything. And it's not like he can go up against Kirito's pheromones and win.

There's no reason, he's the main villian, most will hate him you wanting or not, unless he was Dio, hi is awesome in his own way. Also, may I ask what is appearing in my avatar?
Nov 8, 2012 7:26 PM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Is there really a point to this thread...? It's like asking the girls of NTR why they've fallen for the fatass that raped them... The answer will almost always be the dick... In Asuna's case it might have something to do with two years worth of glopping sperm... Obviously Suguha must have done some experiments on Kirito's body over the 2 years, and realized how crazed she was for his cock... It's SAO after all...

Hate levels are rising.

Because of no life otaku claiming Asuna as their waifu.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Nov 8, 2012 7:29 PM

Jan 2009
because Kirito is an Alpha male, that is how nature rolls, get use to it
Nov 8, 2012 7:34 PM

Mar 2012
Niyawa said:
There's no reason, he's the main villian, most will hate him you wanting or not, unless he was Dio, hi is awesome in his own way. Also, may I ask what is appearing in my avatar?

A greyscale side-shot of some dude?

BloodRequiem said:

I like this explanation.

j0x said:
because Kirito is an Alpha male, that is how nature rolls, get use to it

Not sure if stupid or stupid. No offense.
Nov 8, 2012 7:37 PM
Jul 2012
BloodRequiem said:

but aren't the otaku being ntr'd by kirito?
Nov 8, 2012 7:42 PM

Apr 2012
JavierR said:
BloodRequiem said:

>Kirito
>The omega
>Having the ability to NTR anyone
Nov 8, 2012 7:49 PM

Mar 2012
JavierR said:
BloodRequiem said:

But isn't Kirito a self-insert character?
Nov 8, 2012 7:50 PM

Apr 2012
ataraxial said:
JavierR said:
BloodRequiem said:

But isn't Kirito a self-insert character?

That's Asuna. If you know what I mean.
LunaNov 9, 2012 9:17 AM
Nov 8, 2012 7:52 PM

Sep 2012
Cause she's retarded maybe?
Nov 8, 2012 7:54 PM

Jan 2011
ataraxial said:

What the fuck MAL, change my avatar already.

BloodRequiem said:

>Kirito
>The omega

>Jesus
>Self-insert
Pick two.
Nov 8, 2012 7:57 PM

Apr 2012
Niyawa said:
ataraxial said:

What the fuck MAL, change my avatar already.

BloodRequiem said:

>Kirito
>The omega

>Jesus
>Self-insert
Pick two.

It does say that you need to wait 5 minutes.
Also I don't see how he is similar to Jesus other than the fact that they are both men. Jesus doesn't crawl and he doesn't glop it all and in the end what ever he does actually matters.
Nov 8, 2012 7:59 PM

Sep 2012
ssjokg said:
Suguha confused her feelings for love in the beginning.She like Kazuto wanted to recover their relationship as brother and sister.His "devotion" to Asuna and how he was because she wasnt awake made her jealous and confused her.

im pretty sure this is the reason
"Im feeling it tonight roflcopterskatesbbq"
Nov 9, 2012 4:29 AM
Aug 2012
Good good, people are asking questions that require common sense.

Faith in humanity + .1%

lionheart04 said:
TallonKarrde23 said:
Because SAO needed a generic incest romance mixed in with the 50 other girls who fall in love with Kirito for no real reason.
Nov 9, 2012 6:45 AM

Mar 2012
Z-flame said:
@Niyawa

Don't look much into it. The only reason I used the word "ordinary" was merely because KaiKatsuya had said "ordinary high school student", that's all.

I didn't, the novel did.
Nov 9, 2012 6:47 AM

Jun 2012
ataraxial said:
There has to be something I'm missing, because it can't be normal to fall in love with a comatose brother / cousin. Or a brother / cousin who just got out of a coma. Or a brother / cousin who was distant from absorbing himself in virtual reality video games before even going comatose. Going even further back, Suguha would be too young (at most 8) for actual romantic attraction.

And this is all ignoring the Westermarck effect even though they were raised up together. Since we're talking about anime. From Japan. But the thing is that Suguha liking Kirito doesn't really make sense even if we ignore the fact that they are related and spent the first few years of their lives together.

Did the LN explain this at all?

Edit: Inb4 "because SAO is sexist."

i find it weird you choose to bring up a brother/cousin incest question in SAO i mean it happens all too often in anime anyway, this is no different.

either way

*cringeeeeee*
LunaNov 9, 2012 9:24 AM
Nov 9, 2012 6:51 AM

Mar 2012
XR said:
i find it weird you choose to bring up a brother/cousin incest question in SAO i mean it happens all too often in anime anyway, this is no different.

It's not really an incest question.
Nov 9, 2012 7:46 AM

Jun 2012
you kind of make it a big deal that they are related, so it kind of does fall into that realm tbh. U mention their relationship of brother/cousin three times and talk about being raised together etc. So yes it kind of is.
Nov 9, 2012 8:04 AM

Aug 2009
XR said:
you kind of make it a big deal that they are related, so it kind of does fall into that realm tbh. U mention their relationship of brother/cousin three times and talk about being raised together etc. So yes it kind of is.
The problem was why,how and when she fall in love with Kazuto. Change brother/cousin to childhood friend and it's still the same question.
also
ataraxial said:
And this is all ignoring the Westermarck effect even though they were raised up together. Since we're talking about anime. From Japan. But the thing is that Suguha liking Kirito doesn't really make sense even if we ignore the fact that they are related and spent the first few years of their lives together.
Nov 9, 2012 8:11 AM

Jun 2012
ssjokg said:
XR said:
The problem was why,how and when she fall in love with Kazuto. Change brother/cousin to childhood friend and it's still the same question.
also
ataraxial said:

i do see where u r coming from there, but it was just the emphasis he put on their relationship as siblings that made it seem like an incest question. Either way i dont see the problem considering in a lot of anime people fall in love as childhood friends then when reunited are still in love. She could have fallen in love with him early on and held onto it.

Love at first sight etc, all that malarkey, i don't see the issue really.
Nov 9, 2012 9:34 AM
★★★★★

Sep 2008
Removed a lot of spam in this topic.
Quote-chaining (with or without +1/i agree/yes/lol/ type comments) qualifies as spam.

Also, please don't use threads to advertise your clubs.
Nov 9, 2012 12:20 PM

Sep 2010
Niyawa said:
omfgugay said:
There is a difference between hating and trolling, there isnt any trolling in here but there is obviously some clearly shown hate.

You're misunderstanding something. There's a difference between hating, whereas you bash the show for no reason/without any backup, and discussing it with arguments/ideas. That is what I believe we've been doing.

Please go look up the definition again for hate, as well as the differences since you don't seem to completely understand what it exactly means. I don't see any arguments and posts that have backup, mostly hostility towards the anime. Bashing for no reason is trolling, whether your trying to get attention or not. Much of the posts seemed to be removed by the moderator now though.
ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ ヽ(o`皿′o)ノ
Nov 9, 2012 12:29 PM

Jan 2011
omfgugay said:
Please go look up the definition again for hate, as well as the differences since you don't seem to completely understand what it exactly means. I don't see any arguments and posts that have backup, mostly hostility towards the anime. Bashing for no reason is trolling, whether your trying to get attention or not. Much of the posts seemed to be removed by the moderator now though.

There you go.
Nov 9, 2012 12:44 PM

Mar 2012
XR said:
i do see where u r coming from there, but it was just the emphasis he put on their relationship as siblings that made it seem like an incest question. Either way i dont see the problem considering in a lot of anime people fall in love as childhood friends then when reunited are still in love. She could have fallen in love with him early on and held onto it.

Love at first sight etc, all that malarkey, i don't see the issue really.

Yes, you can handwave it and say "oh she always liked him and held onto it since that makes sense," but that's a conjecture and not an answer. In fact, we do know how their relationship developed and it doesn't support that conjecture at all. They were really close as siblings when they were young, but when Kirito was 10-ish, he found out that they were actually cousins. From that fact and with his quitting kendo and his increasing obsession for computers and virtual reality video games, he grew distant from Suguha. Suguha wanted to recover the close relationship they had, but she couldn't really do anything, so she buried herself in her kendo practicing and academics.

She doesn't start to like Kirito romantically until he gets back from Aincrad, and she only "likes" him in the sense that she's confused about the jealousy that she feels when it comes to Kirito being devoted to Asuna. And she's confused about how he is suddenly approachable and friendly towards her. The romantic love stuff only really starts with meeting him in ALO.

At least that's the most reasonable interpretation given what we know. Basically, the anime did a crappier job of explaining things that were already poorly explained in the LN. But what else is new?

As for incest, the whole second paragraph of the first post was there to state as obviously as possible that it wasn't really an incest question. Mentioning the cousin/brother relationship was only for convenience. It would have been difficult and awkward to phrase the question without mentioning that Kirito and Suguha happen to be cousins and get the same meaning across.
Nov 9, 2012 1:25 PM

Jan 2011
Ataraxial, all there is to it, that romance in SAO is inconsistent. We all know, it doesn't matter who's the girl, she will fall in love with Kirito. It's not really a matter of "why" anymore, it's "when". I'm pretty sure both fanboys/haters/casual viewers can agree with me, since this is what have been happening since episode 2.
Nov 9, 2012 1:57 PM

Feb 2012
It's quite hard to explain someones love.
Nov 9, 2012 2:05 PM

Aug 2009
Niyawa said:
Ataraxial, all there is to it, that romance in SAO is inconsistent. We all know, it doesn't matter who's the girl, she will fall in love with Kirito. It's not really a matter of "why" anymore, it's "when". I'm pretty sure both fanboys/haters/casual viewers can agree with me, since this is what have been happening since episode 2.
Except that, only 3 of the 5 "main" girls fall in love with him.And thats not counting the red haired one,Yoruko,the nun and the silver haired one from The Army.
Of course Yui doesnt count.And Sachi didnt even need the LN to see that she didnt have romantic feelings for him.And according to Kawahara, Kirito was the one that had feelings for her.

I will give you Silica since the anime didnt show that she looked at him as an older brother so 4 out of 5 "mains".

You guys will even count
ssjokgNov 9, 2012 2:17 PM
Nov 9, 2012 2:14 PM

Jan 2011
ssjokg said:
Except that, only 3 of the 5 "main" girls fall in love with him.And thats not counting the red haired one,Yoruko,the nun and the silver haired one from The Army.
Of course Yui doesnt count.And Sachi didnt even need the LN to see that she didnt have romantic feelings for him.And according to Kawahara, Kirito was the one that had feelings for her.

I will give you Silica since the anime didnt show that she looked at him as an older brother so 4 out of 5 "mains".

You guys will even count[spoilers]the two Lords for teasing him(and Lyfa)

Hurm. See? I rest my case.
Nov 9, 2012 2:19 PM

Aug 2009
Niyawa said:
ssjokg said:

You guys will even count

Hurm. See? I rest my case.

rest your case?Which part of not all girls fall for him didnt you get?
Nov 9, 2012 2:33 PM

Jan 2011
ssjokg said:

I believe I meant you were right...
Nov 9, 2012 2:41 PM

Aug 2009
Niyawa said:
ssjokg said:

I believe I meant you were right...

We had an argument and you said "i rest my case".From the english I know that means that somehow I proved your claims....

Anyway, if you meant that my bad....
Nov 9, 2012 2:54 PM

Apr 2012
Niyawa said:

You mean any girl that appears for more than 3 episodes.
Nov 9, 2012 2:58 PM

Jan 2011
ssjokg said:
We had an argument and you said "i rest my case".From the english I know that means that somehow I proved your claims....

Anyway, if you meant that my bad....

Oh, I'm not a native english speaker, so from time to time I get retarded like that, my apologies.

BloodRequiem said:

I guess we could use that too.
Nov 9, 2012 2:59 PM
Oct 2012
BloodRequiem said:
Niyawa said:

That would be Asuna, Sugu and Yui. Correct for two of those.
Nov 9, 2012 3:11 PM

Aug 2009
BloodRequiem said:
Niyawa said:

Now you decreased the number of girls that love him.Unless you count Liz's 2 appearances after her ep as actual screen time.
Nov 9, 2012 6:49 PM

Mar 2012
Niyawa said:

Pretty much, but I think meta-reasons for why Suguha likes Kirito are obvious (and boring) enough.
I was only interested in whether the LN explained the situation in some logical way since the anime did not.

Staying in-universe, Suguha is a special case because all of the other girls went with the pattern "Kirito hangs out with me for a bit-> I fall in love with him." What the anime makes Suguha's situation look like is "Kirito goes comatose -> I fall in love with him," which is at least slightly silly and confusing.
Nov 9, 2012 7:04 PM

Jan 2011
ataraxial said:
Staying in-universe, Suguha is a special case because all of the other girls went with the pattern "Kirito hangs out with me for a bit-> I fall in love with him." What the anime makes Suguha's situation look like is "Kirito goes comatose -> I fall in love with him," which is at least slightly silly and confusing.

That would be another way to look at it. You have a "brother" or friend that you're related with. Suddenly that same brother/friend enters in comatose, and you realize that you really liked being with him and stuff. Now try to put yourself in Suguha's situation. Far as I know, she wasn't very close with him at all. And was trying to close the gap in their relationship (someone can correct me if I'm wrong). That's what makes it inconsistent. The fact that she fell in love with him while they never really had a chance to close that gap.

Again, I believe everyone knows that it's simple a plot device (making Kirito look badass). Because in-universe something like this happening would be pretty rare, if I care to say, unrealistic. But again, I don't want to argue with this because everyone has their circumstances, so while it's "unrealistic" for me. It can be something normal or rather, in the situation, meant to happen.
Nov 9, 2012 7:12 PM

Jun 2010
Anything is possible in SAO.
Nov 9, 2012 7:22 PM

Mar 2012
Niyawa said:
ataraxial said:

That would be another way to look at it. You have a "brother" or friend that you're related with. Suddenly that same brother/friend enters in comatose, and you realize that you really liked being with him and stuff. Now try to put yourself in Suguha's situation. Far as I know, she wasn't very close with him at all. And was trying to close the gap in their relationship (someone can correct me if I'm wrong). That's what makes it inconsistent. The fact that she fell in love with him while they never really had a chance to close that gap.

Again, I believe everyone knows that it's simple a plot device (making Kirito look badass). Because in-universe something like this happening would be pretty rare, if I care to say, unrealistic. But again, I don't want to argue with this because everyone has their circumstances, so while it's "unrealistic" for me. It can be something normal or rather, in the situation, meant to happen.

They were close, but became more distant when Kirito got immersed at MMO world (That was when he gave up in Kendo, don't know the year)
Nov 9, 2012 7:25 PM

Mar 2012
@Kiyama
"In-universe" means only considering what we know from within the universe of the anime or the LN. It excludes reasons like "people like incest" or "SAO is a harem" because those are meta-reasons about the work from our perspective and not from the perspective from within the fictional universe of SAO. I think you're misinterpreting "in-universe" as "real life." It's the opposite.

deathxempress said:
Anything is possible in SAO.

Does that include polygamy?
Because otherwise, Suguha has as much of a chance of ending up with Kirito as Sachi does.
Which is silly because Suguha >>> Asuna. Discuss.
Nov 9, 2012 7:30 PM

Jan 2011
ataraxial said:
@Kiyama"In-universe" means only considering what we know from within the universe of the anime or the LN. It excludes reasons like "people like incest" or "SAO is a harem" because those are meta-reasons about the work from our perspective and not from the perspective from within the fictional universe of SAO. I think you're misinterpreting "in-universe" as "real life." It's the opposite.

It's Niyawa, hahaha. Just Niya is fine. My apologies then, I was lazy to look up the meaning and made an assumption.

>Suguha >>> Asuna
Good taste confirmed.
Nov 9, 2012 7:34 PM

Mar 2012
Niyawa said:
It's Niyawa, hahaha. Just Niya is fine. My apologies then, I was lazy to look up the meaning and made an assumption.

Oh lol, sorry. Kiyama-sensei from Railgun is a badass, so you should take it as a compliment.
Nov 9, 2012 7:42 PM

Jan 2011
ataraxial said:
Oh lol, sorry. Kiyama-sensei from Railgun is a badass, so you should take it as a compliment.

That never got into me, haha. Though while I recognize her character, it's kinda weird to me to be referred like that so I'd like you to use Niya. But she's cool, don't worry.
Nov 9, 2012 8:22 PM

Oct 2012
ataraxial said:
because otherwise, Suguha has as much of a chance of ending up with Kirito as Sachi does.

No! we will not discuss this xD
Nov 9, 2012 8:28 PM

Mar 2012
vbyo said:
ataraxial said:
because otherwise, Suguha has as much of a chance of ending up with Kirito as Sachi does.

No! we will not discuss this xD

Not again. Here's a favorite character thread
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=495545
and one for Sugu's sugus, I know you guys are going to discuss it anyway
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=514769
Nov 9, 2012 8:45 PM

Mar 2012
KaiKatsuya said:
Not again. Here's a favorite character thread
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=495545
and one for Sugu's sugus, I know you guys are going to discuss it anyway
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=514769

That poll is horribly skewed against Suguha since she doesn't even exist until episode 15.
What we really need is a Suguha vs. Asuna thread. After all, I think we've exhausted the topic of Suguha having a fetish for comatose brothers or whatever this thread was supposed to be about.

Niyawa said:
That never got into me, haha. Though while I recognize her character, it's kinda weird to me to be referred like that so I'd like you to use Niya. But she's cool, don't worry.

Well it was a typo, it's not like I planned on continuing to call you that.
Nov 10, 2012 1:25 AM

Aug 2009
If you are paying enough attention to the show you know that Asuna barely surpasses Silica.

Shinon>=Zekken>Sugu>Alicia Rue>Liz>other girls>Silica>=Asuna
Pages (5) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Yesterday, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.