Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]
Jun 23, 2013 2:45 AM

Jun 2013
Hahahaha the people who say that she is trying to recover her brother/sister relationship are so blind. Let me remind you guys that this anime is trying to fulfil an otaku's wish. It's a bloody harem for god's sake! Isn't it obvious that she has an incest sort of love for Kirito? It has showed that in countless of ways. If she thought of him as a brother, she wouldn't have acted in a way that a girl gets shy around a guy she has a crush on. The way she gets close to him and leaves her cleavage out to see when she sleep next to him. It was all obvious that they wanted to bring some incest into the anime since there are lots of men in Japan that wished they had an incest relationship. It helps attract them into the anime.

Theres your answer. You're welcome.
Jun 23, 2013 3:21 AM

Apr 2012
1) This isn't a Harem.
2) Cousin relationships are accepted by the law.

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jun 23, 2013 3:37 AM

Apr 2011
These SAO threads will never end, will they?
Jun 23, 2013 3:41 AM

Jun 2013
Immahnoob said:
1) This isn't a Harem.
2) Cousin relationships are accepted by the law.

It is a harem. How could you not notice? He attracts so many females around him. We have a shy and utter pathetic girl, a loli, pink haired slut, tsundere, sister in law that wants his D, another loli with bigger breast and a well endowed woman. It was obvious, just way too obvious.

Do not say that it is not a harem.
Jun 23, 2013 3:54 AM

Apr 2012
I don't see them flocking around him, I only see a girl at a time, two max. It's a love-pentagon.

For it to be tagged as Harem it needs for them to stay with him all the time.
ImmahnoobJun 23, 2013 4:08 AM

Autocrat said:
Hitler was good, objectively.
Jun 23, 2013 3:55 AM

Jan 2009
because Kirito is nice to her all her life? and add to the fact that Kirito is better looking than her friend that wants to be in a relationship with her
Oct 1, 2013 9:45 PM

Jul 2013
Because... maybe it's more common in Japan?

F**k me Idk lol.
Sep 22, 2014 11:14 PM
Sep 2014
because as kids, deep down they knew there was something between them(not actually siblings) the blood bond wasnt there, and they were always looking after each other, so they(or at least she) grew a deeper feeling, add kazuto's jesus like paragon personality and hes irresistible, and to note, 1st cousins can get married in japan and canada and other places, so their relationship while unusual is not deemed wrong or incest, in fact it happens alot, two twins got married and had kids before finding out they were actually twins(split at birth both adopted, went to different states). so the backstory is sound, its totally normal and ethical for her to fall for him and as to the why it happens, he always looked after her, but she was stronger physically(hence her sparring for both of them) so they developed a strong bond of trust and reliance, which once he became sheltered(due to the fact that he felt different, and guilty that suguha had to go through so much for him) the need for that bond turned him from a big brother figure to more of a,,,,,wounded dog...type thing, and when you add need,sympathy and worry together.....well that basicly adds up to love
Sep 22, 2014 11:17 PM

Aug 2014
Coz Kirito nice to her and she dont know that Kirito is her older brother.
Check My AnimeList (or click my signature)
My Main Genres: Adventure, Action, Fantasy
My Sub Genres: Slice of Life, Comedy, H&E

Check My Profile, my ranking
What I Watch This Season
Best Character & WAIFU This Season
Best OP/ED Song This Season
Jan 1, 2015 5:57 PM

Dec 2014
Well, I'm pretty sure they added incest for harem reasons. And besides, I wasn't really feeling the romance between them, for me it felt more like admiration for your senpai...er something like that. But nothing romantic.

But hey, what would I know, I only just joined this site and I haven't seen the anime since it aired on Toonami.

By the way, I'm not the only one who ships Leafa x Recon right?
Jan 6, 2015 8:08 PM
Oct 2012
I think it's because the characters in SAO are incredibly one dimensional? I don't think anyone has even a shred of characterization. These odd love angles for Kirito are so badly written out. The romance for me ruined the potential of this show.

Btw cousin relationships are accepted by law everywhere - it's still biologically wrong to do though because you're pairing up recessive alleles. It shouldn't be done imo.
Jan 29, 2015 9:01 AM

Dec 2014
Cause it creates unnecessary drama, hence prolonging the series and higher sales of the novel in favour of the author. Seriously, at least half of the second arc (ALO) is mainly dominated by Suguha x Kirito moments. It makes me wonder if this a romance drama-ish genre or an action, game genre anime, since its premise seems to be heading towards the latter.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jan 29, 2015 9:08 AM

Dec 2013
Are you kidding me? Who wouldn't want that Kirito dick?
FragOutFire said:

Why am I a Berserk fan? All I ever experience is pain.

We are in the eclipse and Miura has sacrificed us
Jan 6, 2016 8:49 AM
Jan 2016
Because the author can't create a female character that isn't in love with Kirito.
Feb 19, 2016 5:16 AM

Nov 2013
Why? Why we love someone? Sometimes we love someone even though there is no logical reason to love someone. It just happens. Why Asuna, why Lis, why everyone else, the same question.
I have first cousin, 9 months younger than me, and I find her highly sexually attractive even though we grew together and later after her parents died and my mother adopted her she became like my sister, we became a family and we shared the same room. And I want her so bad that I still have erotic fantasies with her and fappy time even though we don't live together now. And she knows and doesn't mind, even though we've never talked about it but she'd never avoided me and we had good time together. So from my experience it's quite possible at least with cousins. I just didn't have enough guts to laid my hands on her, I believe if I did she wouldn't resist too hard ;)
And even though I love siblings incest anime but my ultimate kind of anime is cousins romance actually I just don't know such anime, there are mostly siblings romances. That's why I especially value SAO, I'm in Suguha shoes, totally understand and approve her feelings cause that's my feelings too.

In most western countries except some US states cousins can marry legally, even in Germany where incest is illegal cousins can marry not only in Japan.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_coupled_cousins
tsundereharasserFeb 23, 2016 11:23 AM
Feb 9, 2017 9:18 PM
Feb 2017
What the muthafuk is up with this cousin love kirito is all up in the internet I dont get ti
Mar 29, 2017 7:32 AM

Mar 2013
Not really a reason, but Kawahara himself has acknowledged that he cannot write female characters who are not in love with Kirito. For whatever reason.
「Good morning to all the minor characters!」
Jul 10, 2019 10:21 PM
Jul 2019
Ikr I don't understand either. They're cousins by blood and they were even raised like siblings. And it's also very weird that she was "in love" w/ Kirito from ALO when she didn't actually know him that much and how he looks like irl. But at least now she doesn't have those kind of feelings for him anymore
Apr 3, 2021 1:01 PM
Dec 2020
ataraxial said:
There has to be something I'm missing, because it can't be normal to fall in love with a comatose brother / cousin. Or a brother / cousin who just got out of a coma. Or a brother / cousin who was distant from absorbing himself in virtual reality video games before even going comatose. Going even further back, Suguha would be too young (at most 8) for actual romantic attraction.

And this is all ignoring the Westermarck effect even though they were raised up together. Since we're talking about anime. From Japan. But the thing is that Suguha liking Kirito doesn't really make sense even if we ignore the fact that they are related and spent the first few years of their lives together.

Did the LN explain this at all?

Edit: Inb4 "because SAO is sexist."
Actually if you think that way than let me tell you what I think. Suguha is still young so may be more naive. She always used to think about Kazuto and had a warm feeling about him. Now when she got to know that he is a cousin more than a sibling so her naive thinking took that worm feeling as romance.

And about your second confusion, she probably had rough days at a very young age. So after that when she had a kindness and caring from her brother, even though some of those moments were forced by Kazuto's grandfather, she felt good and thought it was real. May be she never forgot those feelings and end up to be romantic feeling after the truth. Offcourse that's how I approached to see her character.
Apr 3, 2021 1:09 PM

Jun 2020
TallonKarrde23 said:
Because SAO needed a generic incest romance mixed in with the 50 other girls who fall in love with Kirito for no real reason.
Well that was quick
Pages (5) « First ... « 3 4 [5]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.