Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Nodame Cantabile
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Aug 7, 2017 5:15 AM

May 2015
That fight was mortal kombat style :D
"The future is always blank. Only your willpower can leave footsteps there."

"Ruling over death means ruling over life. Death is the climax of life. To have the best death, you must honor life."
Sep 13, 2017 4:56 AM
Jul 2018
Woah, that sudden break up. To be honest, if this was a real-life situation, they wouldn't make it. He's just in love with her music, not her. I mean, who would fall in love with a screaming girl who's not into hygiene?

And when your boyfriend asks you "Why didn't you call me?" you don't reply with "I didn't have a reason to." like wtf? And I don't like their fighting - how he kicks her. I know it's just an anime, but I don't like their relationship at all.
Dec 13, 2017 8:50 PM

Oct 2010
What a shame the live action drama never got this far!

AnjaChan said:
He's just in love with her music, not her. I mean, who would fall in love with a screaming girl who's not into hygiene?

I would... well, granted I've never smelled her :D What people call "falling in love" is often completely irrational, uncontrollable and even destructive. I guess the josei appeal pitch here is to have a too-perfect man fall for a too-flawed woman.

AnjaChan said:
And I don't like their fighting - how he kicks her. I know it's just an anime, but I don't like their relationship at all.

Aug 19, 2018 7:31 AM

Dec 2012
I don't know if it's the subtitle translator or what but they've never used this language until now and I kept being shocked into laughter hahaha, that lovers quarrel scene was hilarious
their relationship is unpredictable for me haha

AnjaChan said:
And I don't like their fighting - how he kicks her. I know it's just an anime, but I don't like their relationship at all.

[/quote]

THANK YOU FOR THE GYABO VIDEO PPFFFFTTT
SmortcholAug 19, 2018 7:54 AM
Nov 9, 2018 7:02 PM

Nov 2016
Recharge :D I friggin loved this episode.

Nodame as a donkey and the absolutely hilarious fight made it for me.

But on a more serious note, as much as I love Nodame, she has to change.

One Piece episode 914 & 915 & 1027 were a mistake and 957 brought the salvation - FMmatron

Dec 29, 2018 7:43 AM

May 2016
That sure was a strong kick with full firepower.
Mar 2, 2019 1:55 AM

Oct 2017
Lmao i feel bad for chiaki.

I want you to be happy.
I want you to laugh a lot.
I don’t know what exactly
I’ll be able to do for you,
but I’ll always be by your side.
Apr 12, 2019 10:33 AM

Aug 2017
AnjaChan said:
Woah, that sudden break up. To be honest, if this was a real-life situation, they wouldn't make it. He's just in love with her music, not her. I mean, who would fall in love with a screaming girl who's not into hygiene?

And when your boyfriend asks you "Why didn't you call me?" you don't reply with "I didn't have a reason to." like wtf? And I don't like their fighting - how he kicks her. I know it's just an anime, but I don't like their relationship at all.

Yeah, they should have never been together. She's not feminine or clean. Chiaki deserves better like Saiko, Kiyora or Tanya. He could be with any number of proper, pretty girls.

At least in season 1 Nodame had an innocent charm. Now she's acting moody and has no merits. Nodame is my least favorite character.
Apr 28, 2019 11:33 AM

May 2010
I don't get it, just a while Chiaki wanted to get rid od Nodame, and now I'm supposed to believe he's totally in love? Ehh, dunno, I just don't buy it.

Nodame's not a bad person, she has plenty of good qualities, but they make a terrible couple. Right now I don't even feel any chemistry between them.
Aug 6, 2019 9:44 AM
Apr 2016
Chiaki seriously always has her in his mind, even though he hardly expresses it outside. What a fight, they struggle understanding each other so much. Glad they made up, though.
Jun 9, 2020 3:14 AM
Jun 2016
I wasn't such a fan of the opening of this episode, especially since I couldn't remember who the oboe player was in the end, but I loved the second half! I love seeing Chiaki coming to terms with his feeling for Nodame and equally loved that she stood up for herself. Just because he's finally ready to reciprocate doesn't mean things have changed for her. I do agree that she has room for growth which I'm hoping to see in the next few seasons, since the first season did it so well.
Aug 10, 2020 4:13 AM

Jun 2015
best lover's quarrel I have seen
If you are going to disagree with me, don't bother talking to me. I will seriously hurt you!
May 21, 2021 8:05 PM

Jul 2020
Underrated fight but ending got me like :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Jun 6, 2021 9:20 AM

Jan 2021
HELPPP
I HAVENT LAUGHED SO HARD FOR A WHILE
Jul 30, 2021 7:46 AM

Aug 2017
Finally, a character from the first season. They're not showing that much music in this season huh.
All weebs creatures of the galaxy, hear this message. Those of you who listen will not be struck by western animation. You will no longer know hunger, nor pain. Your Anime have come to lead you now. Our strength shall serve as a luminous sun toward which all intelligence may blossom. And the impervious shelter beneath which you will prosper. However, for those who refuse our offer and cling to their western animation ways… For you, there will be great wrath.
Sep 24, 2021 9:29 AM

Dec 2018
Oh god I couldn't even catch a breath. Too many things in this episode that were just too hilarious. Also the BEST love quarrel and reconciliation ever. Rare to see drama so capable of getting the point across while simultaneously being so farcical like that. But other than that mortal-kombat-esque battle that neither side seems to give a shit of holding back, everything else was awesome too. This episode was just too funny.
. . .
Feb 8, 2022 5:26 PM
Jul 2018
I'm not the kind of person to laugh out loud when watching anime, but that fight scene was something else lol. Definitely got an audible exhale. Awesome drop kick. Funny stuff.
Also kinda heavy though, after all the lightheartedness the characters have exhibited toward each other.

Also, I thought the oboeist segments were really sad. Seeing him all alone, getting blown off, and crying. He also always seems to have the best intentions, so it was hard seeing him experience homesickness. Tastefully uncharacteristic seeing him end up as a literal "ass" in a childrens' play hehe. As sad as the oboeist's side story is, I also enjoyed his scenes as much as the Chiaki/Nodame ones.

It's cool how, even in Paris, they're finding ways to bring back characters from the first season.
removed-userFeb 8, 2022 5:29 PM
Apr 11, 3:03 AM

Jan 2013
Anyone siding with Chiaki/blaming Nodame has extremely poor literary comprehension. This episode highlights why they're (currently) a disaster of a couple, if they are even a couple, I don't see it. Nodame has been in love with Chiaki for years, but he thinks it's "casual" because her affection is exaggerated, and rarely down to earth. Then he thinks that she's being distant/insensitive because he's insecure and doesn't understand her true feelings, while she probably "didn't see a reason to call" because throughout the show Chiaki only shows affection on his terms, she's frequently pushed away when she oversteps. Frankly, I have less tolerance for Chiaki, because he seems to expect more from Nodame than he's willing to put forth himself. Still, I'm wondering what all this drama is for when I barely feel a shred of genuine romance between these two, this season has been pathetic so far in that regard.
If you reply back to me and I never respond, I lost interest and don't care. Sorry about that.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

kneekey - Nov 23, 2008

69 by WaterBottleWeeb »»
Mar 10, 6:33 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 )

nehnehneji - Oct 26, 2008

65 by bucciest »»
Jan 1, 6:02 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Jojo-kun - Dec 2, 2008

65 by Euroqean »»
Jun 12, 2023 5:09 PM

Poll: » Nodame Cantabile Paris Chapter Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

sniW - Dec 18, 2008

126 by ims-tokyo »»
Apr 16, 2022 12:20 AM

» The English Dub? Is it coming?

APGamerZ - Oct 4, 2010

3 by aku_mado »»
Dec 17, 2021 5:34 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.