Forum Settings
Forums

Obama Wins 2012 Election, Confirmed for Second Term

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Nov 7, 2012 6:25 AM

Mar 2011
AnnoKano said:

If you dislike it when people second-guess you, then I might I suggest that you try being less ambiguous when expressing your opinion?

Furthermore, I provided you with an explanation as to why people consider this a one or the other scenario- one look at the percentage of the vote won by the third largest party should be all the evidence you need. Their influence is minimal, their chances of winning are non-existent. Among the two leading candidates, there are enough differences between them to make a choice as to which is preferable.

I think you do not give people enough credit. It might come as a surprise but you are not the only person who can see through this farce; rather it's that you are one of the few who are incapable of looking at it in a practical way.

Hardly. This opinion is the most well-known in the world. What I say has hardly to do with Romney/Obama debate(which is exactly what you failed to realise). I don't insult people who decide to turn a blind eye towards elections, as XR did. I wasn't ambiguous, I wasn't even "political", I was criticising XR's post cuz primarily I acknowledged him as an individual rather than an "obama-fan", therefore I wasn't willing to simply let go of the obvious aggression steamed from this glorification of one politican.

It's practical? It's practical on the premise that the debate of Romney-Obama is indeed a question of good and evil. Both are politicians, and while most people agree here that one is the lesser evil the momment he steped up.... look at the change of peronalities. Everyone glorifies him as if "the messiah is here" and everyone who says "I don't care" is labeled a "sinner" . This kind of attitude is not "political" , it's hypocritical to say the least. In a couple of months when you will realise that most of the stuff Obama has said pre-elections were a farce, hopefully you will remember me, and maybe you will realise that the changes people hope for will not come from him, and definetely not from a decision between "one or the other".

I've been living in a country that follows the exact same system of "one or the other" and though it seems practical as you say, the actual efficiency of these decisions is a farce, cuz simply the world is still in recesion, and rather than people facing some facts that concern their daily lives and behaviour directly to this situation they turn to a supposed savior(shocker, always has been, almost always failed).

This kind of thinking inherently forces you to believe that a great deal of your life is at the hands of these individuals .What's next? Stalking said individuals throughout the media in order to see what good your vote was and ,of course, perpetuating the idea that we are being political. The more you give your attention to them, the less attention you give to your lives, the more you become entangled with the media(that you never know for sure about their honesty), and this all ends with you becoming a fan(-atic) who in his quest for a more democratic leader has forgotter how to be a democrat himself, which is exactly what I'm criticising.

PS: So as to save you from ambiguity, this post in no way does it include Romney as an alternative.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
and now we are two and one of us has to be shit."
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 7, 2012 6:32 AM

Jun 2012
AnnoKano said:
Kanic said:
AnnoKano said:
Kanic said:
^Does this flatter you? Everyone's a democrat every 4 years but when it comes to commuication ..noooo...it's all gtfo and stuff. At least he has the decency to say I don't care, unlike you who think he has found the messiah in life, maybe sometime you will realise that it makes no difference and that your opinion is yet another product of the logic of "one or the other" rather than "what's objectively truely good for the country and the world".

You're not suggesting that Mitt Romney is what is objectively good for the world, are you?

I hope that most people recognise that the US system is flawed, but until the system is changed you really can only vote for a lesser of two evils.

And you immediately assume that everyone's opinion is categorised as "one or the other". Judge me for what I say not what you assume I say in order to attack me.
Supporting Romney falls in the category of one or the other that I criticised. Please reread my post calmly

If you dislike it when people second-guess you, then I might I suggest that you try being less ambiguous when expressing your opinion?

Furthermore, I provided you with an explanation as to why people consider this a one or the other scenario- one look at the percentage of the vote won by the third largest party should be all the evidence you need. Their influence is minimal, their chances of winning are non-existent. Among the two leading candidates, there are enough differences between them to make a choice as to which is preferable.

I think you do not give people enough credit. It might come as a surprise but you are not the only person who can see through this farce; rather it's that you are one of the few who are incapable of looking at it in a practical way.

damn anno, i am going to point you in the direction of all the threads where i get stupid retorts from people, its a lot less effort to get you to school people than doing it myself ;).

Agreed though, the american system ( as with most political systems) is corrupt as fuck, and i am not blind to it, rather i am very aware of it. Also one might argue it will make shit all difference, considering congress is all but hung and getting anything through them is near impossible. Hence why Obama has had, and will have a lot of trouble enacting many changes.

But one is preferable to the other. Obama in this case, simple as.

Also re your post above how did i over glorify Obama? as i said in my last post its the lesser of two evils, and i said he has done some good some bad. I'm hardly hero worshiping the guy. You can be happy about the result even if you think it could have been better.

as to the rest of your post:

XRNov 7, 2012 6:39 AM
Nov 7, 2012 6:41 AM

Mar 2011
Which makes a perfect example of what I'm trying to convey.
"But don't cry my friends, we are all the same.Every one of us is a human with "H" capital...
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 7, 2012 6:46 AM
Feb 2012
Voted for him, because I associate with his policies (especially his foreign policy) more than I associate with Romney's.

Watch the Tea Parties get larger now.
Nov 7, 2012 7:01 AM

Jun 2012
Kanic said:
Which makes a perfect example of what I'm trying to convey.

hardly, i just treasure my time too much to read your drivel. ;). You havent taken anything either me or anno have said on board in the last few posts, so i assume you are still spewing the same old bullshit. I preempted the bullshit and didn't bother to wasting my time.

I explained why i retorted to that person. He had a choice whether or not to click on this thread which was very clearly labeled, and by doing so probably expended 10X more effort clicking and posting his displeasure rather than simply ignoring it and moving along.

Considering the general discussion forums is to "Talk about anything and everything." his annoyance at it not being an anime orientated post can take a big fat middle finger to the face. Ofc if he was joking i take back my comments and my points are moot. As it stands i don't think anyone has the right to complain about political threads here. Hell they can complain about the result till the cows come home, but not about its mere existence.
XRNov 7, 2012 7:05 AM
Nov 7, 2012 7:09 AM

Mar 2011
Apparently you consider yourself too much of a prince to understand so I'll make it simple:
XR said:

Also re your post above how did i over glorify Obama?

XR said:

me when i found out that obama had been re-elected

relieved :D

But of course your answer will involve me not getting you humour.
-Mr.Freeman
Nov 7, 2012 7:16 AM

Mar 2011
Kanic said:
Apparently you consider yourself too much of a prince to understand so I'll make it simple:
XR said:

XR said:

Actually, I think he's joking about how he's relieved about Romney not getting in, rather than Obama getting in.
Nov 7, 2012 7:17 AM

Sep 2011
XR said:

then gtfo out of a thread labeled "Obama Wins 2012 Election, Confirmed for Second Term " within the general discussion forum....

Fuck you and your generic avatar
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Nov 7, 2012 7:52 AM

Feb 2012
Wow, Gary Johnson didn't even clear 1.0%. I think I've talked about election reform on MAL, and we need to see some of it implemented in 2016. That's inexcusable.
Nov 7, 2012 7:53 AM

Jun 2012
InfiniteRyvius said:
Kanic said:
XR said:

XR said:

Actually, I think he's joking about how he's relieved about Romney not getting in, rather than Obama getting in.

wow finally someone got it! thank you good sir

JennyEsquire said:
XR said:

then gtfo out of a thread labeled "Obama Wins 2012 Election, Confirmed for Second Term " within the general discussion forum...

i am quite aware it is generic, but i am also aware the pixel and file size for a forum avatar is also tiny so i am limited to what gifs i can have as my avatar (i find still avatars boring as hell, and would take a generic moving one over a still unique one anyday ( personal opinion)) . I used to have a very snazzy gif of a samurai champloo fight, alas i wanted a change and this was somewhat of an interim replacement until i can either 1) find it again or 2) get a better one within the file size limit........wait wait wait I just realised

XRNov 7, 2012 7:59 AM
Nov 7, 2012 8:07 AM
Jul 2012
Once you go black you don't go back.
Nov 7, 2012 8:27 AM

Sep 2011
JennyEsquire said:
XR said:

then gtfo out of a thread labeled "Obama Wins 2012 Election, Confirmed for Second Term " within the general discussion forum...

i am quite aware it is generic, but i am also aware the pixel and file size for a forum avatar is also tiny so i am limited to what gifs i can have as my avatar (i find still avatars boring as hell, and would take a generic moving one over a still unique one anyday ( personal opinion)) . I used to have a very snazzy gif of a samurai champloo fight, alas i wanted a change and this was somewhat of an interim replacement until i can either 1) find it again or 2) get a better one within the file size limit........wait wait wait I just realised

Considering the fact that you took the time to write back, you obviously do care. I won't waste anymore time acknowledging you, bye
Come visit my town // I apologize in advance for my second-rate English

Join my fan club // Improve the transport network
Nov 9, 2012 4:02 AM
Jul 2018
Good for Obama..

Now, let's hope he continue to do things right..
Jan 4, 2015 4:09 AM

Oct 2013
^How do you feel about Obama now. His popularity is in the toilet.

BryanBossling said:
XR said:

then gtfo out of a thread labeled "Obama Wins 2012 Election, Confirmed for Second Term " within the general discussion forum....

:P I have seen it all.
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Sticky: » The Current Events Board Will Be Closed on Friday JST ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Luna - Aug 2, 2021

272 by traed »»
Aug 5, 2021 5:56 PM

» Third shot of Sinovac COVID-19 vaccine offers big increase in antibody levels: study ( 1 2 )

Desolated - Jul 30, 2021

50 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:24 PM

» Western vaccine producers engage in shameless profiteering while poorer countries are supplied mainly by China.

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

1 by Bourmegar »»
Aug 5, 2021 3:23 PM

» NLRB officer says Amazon violated US labor law

Desolated - Aug 3, 2021

17 by kitsune0 »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:41 PM

» China Backs Cuba in Saying US Should Apply Sanctions To Itself

Desolated - Aug 5, 2021

10 by Desolated »»
Aug 5, 2021 1:36 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.