Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »
Nov 6, 2008 9:46 AM

Jul 2008
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

*Mod edit*
aeroNov 17, 2008 3:30 PM
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 6, 2008 10:37 AM
Jul 2018
*wipes off tears*
Very nice arc, it's sad it already ended. I like the way how Clannad doesn't focus on one relationship (Nagisa and Tomoyo.. when will they finally come closer?) but on pursuing happiness for every individual character with their own story. It's just a clannad.

Kanon Spoiler

What are we going to have next? Yukine? Or some general side story? Can't tell from the preview without knowing the novel.
Nov 6, 2008 11:01 AM
Mar 2008
Please, share your source of such an early RAW episode. I cannot find it anywhere.
I'd be most grateful.
Nov 6, 2008 11:11 AM

Jul 2008
Rynol said:
Please, share your source of such an early RAW episode. I cannot find it anywhere.
I'd be most grateful.

HERE GO GO http://www.tokyotosho.com/details.php?id=169325
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 6, 2008 11:20 AM
Mar 2008
Thank you very much! I spent hour googling various queries, but I didn't found it. Thanks again!!!
Nov 6, 2008 8:35 PM

Dec 2007
Probably the most emotional episode since Kotomi. I think the choice of music added to the emotional impact greatly. I loved the ending scene with Tomoya and Misae.
Nov 7, 2008 2:34 AM

Jul 2007
best episode so far.
too bad misae-san is only a side-character
she's great
Nov 7, 2008 3:43 AM
Mar 2008
Good conclusion, I liked it. It only lasted 2 episodes, but they did a good work.
Next is Miyazawa?
Nov 7, 2008 4:23 AM

Apr 2008
Loved the episode *_* best episode so far I guess... T_T
A True Man Never Dies...
Even When He's Killed!!!!

Nov 7, 2008 6:52 AM

Jul 2007
I cant get how a wonderful girl like Misae Fall in love with a crybabe seriously.He had no guts, he cried all the time, and was 3 times hotter as a girl. Seriously...
Anyways the whole Arc was a Kanon copy so i wasnt really amused.But they made it in a nice way so i dont have any complaints either.
Nov 7, 2008 7:20 AM

Oct 2008
Yeap, it is moving in this direction, so this season will be very emotional.
I bet that in that red pouch Shima had light bulb of wish.
Nov 7, 2008 7:22 AM

Mar 2008
To explain:

The real Shima was hospitalized for a sickness (the boy in the wheelchair at the end). He saw Misae at the hospital and fell in love with her, which gave him hope. But he ended up passing away, so he asked his cat (his only friend) to carry out his last wish and grant Misae anything she wanted.

The Shima we saw was the reincarnation of the cat, sent to fulfill Misae's wish. When Misae wishes for him to love him forever, he returns to being a cat and has stayed by Misae's side for six years.

We also got to see a preview of Yoshino Yuusuke's arc. And Miyazawa Yukine arc coming up next!

Also, Sagara Misae's light GET! Looks like this is moving toward the TRUE END.

Nov 7, 2008 8:33 AM

Oct 2008
OT
Strange, I sent my replay after Sheepdude had sent his, but mine is above his ;]
Nov 7, 2008 9:21 AM

Dec 2007
Sheepdude said:
To explain:

The real Shima was hospitalized for a sickness (the boy in the wheelchair at the end). He saw Misae at the hospital and fell in love with her, which gave him hope. But he ended up passing away, so he asked his cat (his only friend) to carry out his last wish and grant Misae anything she wanted.

The Shima we saw was the reincarnation of the cat, sent to fulfill Misae's wish. When Misae wishes for him to love him forever, he returns to being a cat and has stayed by Misae's side for six years.

We also got to see a preview of Yoshino Yuusuke's arc. And Miyazawa Yukine arc coming up next!

There's a Yoshino Yuusuke arc??
Didn't notice that while playing the visual novel..lol..

Overall, it was a great episode, as expected from KyoAni.
Although, it is a little rushed..3 episodes should've been better.
Kanon spoiler:

CLANNAD is getting better and better.
Can't wait for next week!
Nov 7, 2008 9:57 AM

Feb 2008
Man, these two episodes just tore me up emotionally. They nailed it. I loved this arc so much. I have to start storing up tears again for the rest of the series though.

Nov 7, 2008 10:19 AM

Oct 2008
Zerakus said:
Man, these two episodes just tore me up emotionally. They nailed it. I loved this arc so much. I have to start storing up tears again for the rest of the series though.

I agree!!! >w< I looved this episode
Nov 7, 2008 11:06 AM

Jul 2008
Isabella said:
Zerakus said:

I agree!!! >w< I looved this episode

Man I just saw again with subs...........from this point TILL THE END.

TEARS TEARS! ;-; I am a sucker for this story. Same effect from Fuko Ibuki arc in season 1 same effect here.
Nov 7, 2008 11:35 AM

Oct 2008
angel999 said:

TEARS TEARS! ;-; I am a sucker for this story. Same effect from Fuko Ibuki arc in season 1 same effect here.

Word!
Nov 7, 2008 11:59 AM

Aug 2008
Tears, what a beautiful arc.
Nov 7, 2008 12:21 PM
Aug 2007
I felt it was too similar to Fuko's arc where the mother couldn't see the Shima cat thing. Got more emotional towards the end though and definitely better than Sunohara's arc. I'm looking forward to Yukine's arc next.
Nov 7, 2008 1:06 PM
Dec 2007
This episode made me tear up... ;^; Gotta go re-apply my makeup now...
Nov 7, 2008 1:14 PM

Nov 2007
I didn't really think it was that sad. But it was a touching story indeed.
Nov 7, 2008 1:58 PM

Mar 2008
Setsukyie said:

There's a Yoshino Yuusuke arc??
Didn't notice that while playing the visual novel..lol..

I guess we'll see 1 more light on the title screen then XD

Yoshino arc is gonna be a while, I reckon it'll at least be during after story (probably episode 12+)

Yukine arc next week, can't wait to see how they remake that arc
Nov 7, 2008 2:21 PM

Mar 2008
thearchlich said:
I felt it was too similar to Fuko's arc where the mother couldn't see the Shima cat thing. Got more emotional towards the end though and definitely better than Sunohara's arc. I'm looking forward to Yukine's arc next.

She does see him. I think the cat in human-form had a different appearance entirely from Shima, although that's just speculation. Here's the script from the novel:

Przemos19 said:
OT
Strange, I sent my replay after Sheepdude had sent his, but mine is above his ;]

Yeah dude, I deleted my original post and reposted because I forgot to add in something. Just coincidence that you posted in-between that time period.
Nov 7, 2008 2:30 PM

Oct 2007
^_^ great episode and touching story between Misae and Shima!

Was really funny when Misae friends' dressed him as a girl, lol and creating his own little cute bubbles XD

Looking forward to the next episode
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2008 3:54 PM

Jul 2008
It was an awesome ark!!! No wonder I love Clannad

Nov 7, 2008 4:38 PM

Mar 2008
KyoAni really know how to use a mere 2 episodes and make every bit of it great.
Nov 7, 2008 5:36 PM

Jul 2008
Zerakus said:

Seriously, if the rest of this season is going to be this emotional, I can't wait to keep watching. It was incredibly touching, and actually managed to bring tears to my eyes. What a beautiful story, if even only two episodes, it was still great.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Nov 7, 2008 6:53 PM

Sep 2008
That was so Epic!!!!!! Can someone give me a hint on whats going on in the Next episode?
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Nov 7, 2008 7:07 PM

Jan 2008
This was probably my favorite episode~
Shima is just too darn cute - and it was funnier to see him dressed up as a girl. Honestly, everything that he did was insanely sweet and I loved how he cared so much Misae-san. The way everything was played out was pretty good and incredibly sad~ *Sigh* At least Shima got to grant Misae's wish and his own in a way. But seriously - damn, I want more Shima!~

Aw, great episode - I'm loving where Clannad ~After Story~ is heading :)

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Nov 7, 2008 8:04 PM

Nov 2007
This episode was great =D, a very emotional arc Misae should become a more central character IMO xD, she's just so awesome ^^
Nov 7, 2008 8:13 PM

Sep 2007
heee~ so that boy is a cat that takes form of a human :|
that's the feeling i got...

[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/_Haru&sclick=1]
Nov 7, 2008 8:35 PM

Jan 2007
Nice episode. Lots of great Misae moments, especially during the current Autumn festival with her sexy blush. And I was surprised to see that Yuusuke was a student while Ibuki was a teacher bacl then.
Nov 7, 2008 8:57 PM
Apr 2008
Hey so,

You know what this means... Misae is the next crazy cat lady! They're everywhere!

Wonderful episode, a bit bittersweet though =(. It leaves me with a nice sad empty feeling. But i want to watch more.?

Nov 7, 2008 9:41 PM

Oct 2008
OMG!!!!

he's a CAT!!!

AUGH!!!

Just like in air and Kanon!!

LOL!!

But it wasn't as awkward in the end that I was expecting it to be.
Nov 7, 2008 9:59 PM

Jun 2007
Cloud1234 said:
I cant get how a wonderful girl like Misae Fall in love with a crybabe seriously.He had no guts, he cried all the time, and was 3 times hotter as a girl. Seriously...
Anyways the whole Arc was a Kanon copy so i wasnt really amused.But they made it in a nice way so i dont have any complaints either.

Some girls fall in love with guys that are the complete opposite of how they act. In Misae's situation she was very physical like a guy and Shima was more soft spoken and shy like a girl. In a sense they complete each other.

PS. this episode was amazing.
Nov 7, 2008 10:19 PM

Mar 2008
girl shima-kun made me question my sexuality....

in any case, great episode. reminded me of Makoto's arc in Kanon. looks like its Miyazawa's arc next.
Nov 7, 2008 10:26 PM

Mar 2008
Faust721 said:
Nice episode. Lots of great Misae moments, especially during the current Autumn festival with her sexy blush. And I was surprised to see that Yuusuke was a student while Ibuki was a teacher bacl then.

Yep. Yuusuke was a rebellious student and Ibuki was his teacher. They get married in the first season (Fuuko's arc), but we'll see a bit more of that when we get to Yoshino Yuusuke's arc.
Nov 7, 2008 10:51 PM

Jul 2008
Sheepdude said:
Faust721 said:

Yep. Yuusuke was a rebellious student and Ibuki was his teacher. They get married in the first season (Fuuko's arc), but we'll see a bit more of that when we get to Yoshino Yuusuke's arc.

That's right! I wonder how they met and fell in love. I was happy to see Ibuki sensei at a younger age since they never did this to show how she was younger. I wonder if there is arc about her?

We need to have Fuko Ibuki soon! That arc is going to blow everyone off like this episode but the impact might leave more than expected.
Nov 7, 2008 11:17 PM

Jul 2008
A very emotional response was triggered by this episode. I look forwaed to the
next arc.
Nov 7, 2008 11:31 PM

Oct 2007
Setsukyie said:
The main difference that I see between Misaes arc and Makoto's arc is the length. Makoto's arc in the anime was longer, which made it one of the most emotional story I ever saw. Whereas Misae's arc is too short (in the anime version), which lessens the emotional effect.
If you are saying one of the most emotional story, then I would say if you can fully re-watch MisuzuXHaruko arc from Air(TV) more than 3 times I will say you are great.

I am really want to see how Yukine's arc play out. YukineXgangster-looking-guy XD

P.S: so from the look of ED Theme, there will be 10 different arcs we are going to see.

"A Legend is but a tale of a beautiful lie."
Nov 8, 2008 12:00 AM

Dec 2007
I'm a guy and that part hurt me.
Nov 8, 2008 12:44 AM

Mar 2008
My favourite arc so far.
Nov 8, 2008 1:12 AM

Apr 2008
gotta say that was a pretty damn good arc for only being 2 episodes lol

anyone else see that McDonalds Advert on the last second of the video? ^.-
Nov 8, 2008 1:59 AM

Mar 2008
Siva said:
P.S: so from the look of ED Theme, there will be 10 different arcs we are going to see.

You're right. If the ED is any indication, it's going to be:

Toshio Koumura-sensei
Furukawa Sanae
Furukawa Akio
*Miyazawa Yukine (ep 7-?)
*Sunohara Siblings (ep 2-4)
*Sagara Misae (ep 5-6)
Sakagami Tomoyo** (covered in first season, almost)
Yoshino Yuusuke
Fujibayashi Kyou** (covered in first season, although she'll reappear)
Fujibayashi Ryou** (covered in first season. although maybe Hiiragi will appear)
Furukawa Nagisa

Although I'd also like to see Hiiragi Kappei (could be part of Ryou's arc)
And I think Tomoya's father's arc will also be included, even though he isn't in the ED.
Nov 8, 2008 2:47 AM

Dec 2007
Loved this arc. The drama was great and all of that in just 2 episodes.
As expected from KyoAni.
Nov 8, 2008 2:49 AM

Sep 2007
Um...are interspecies relationships legal? O_o

Nov 8, 2008 3:09 AM

Feb 2008
Damn that was a short arc. Was quite sad near the end too.

Still confused how he's a cat now, though.
Nov 8, 2008 6:35 AM

Mar 2008
OMG! I loved this ep...
It was so touching...I cried also...I just love Clannad.
Best ep so far...but this is just the beginning ^^
Nov 8, 2008 6:47 AM

Jul 2008
Like we guess so touching episode...

Like I thought he was the cat and contacted with Tomoya.

Such a sad story and few tear drops fell down...nth much greatness.
Pages (6) [1] 2 3 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 22 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

patient_senses - Mar 12, 2009

1168 by Chilicon_valley »»
Mar 10, 8:29 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 12, 2009

724 by Miyagi-Hana »»
Mar 9, 3:13 PM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nightmare7 - Jan 29, 2009

575 by Macchias »»
Feb 14, 11:05 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

KY791 - Dec 18, 2008

255 by Macchias »»
Feb 14, 4:33 AM

Poll: » Clannad ~After Story~ Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 27, 2008

254 by Macchias »»
Feb 13, 2:30 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.