Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Nov 6, 2008 9:33 PM

Sep 2007
ChiBuki said:
Was all those build up just a bridge to Ami new personality?

That's what it seemed like. The part with the frog on Ami's foot... Every other line she was switching between Ami-chan and dark-mode. Would someone as experienced as Ami is at hiding her real self make that kind of mistake repeatedly? It was very awkward.

But that's a good point about Ami's arc possibly being longer in the novel. This episode could have been pretty funny if they had taken things a little bit more slowly and explained some of the weird discrepancies. Maybe they were rushing to get the arc finished quickly, so they sped up the pace of the novel again.
Nov 6, 2008 9:38 PM

Jul 2008
ChiBuki said:
I'm going with you on those, naikou. Some things didn't occur to make sense, especially with Ami's personality and the stalker dude. Was all those build up just a bridge to Ami new personality? Toradora has its own style of fanservice and I'd consider Ami punishing the stalker was done for the fans' delight.

A question arises. Knowing they moved so fast in the first two episodes, I wonder if Ami's arc could've been longer in comparison to the novel.

YO Chibuki! I was not confused at all. There is development and yeah Ryuuji might be like huh? Him a stalker but I think he got the idea the guy is not wanted by Ami. THANKS FOR THE GIFS dude! I am using one of them AND I LOVE IT!

naikou said:
ChiBuki said:
Was all those build up just a bridge to Ami new personality?

That's what it seemed like. The part with the frog on Ami's foot... Every other line she was switching between Ami-chan and dark-mode. Would someone as experienced as Ami is at hiding her real self make that kind of mistake repeatedly? It was very awkward.

But that's a good point about Ami's arc possibly being longer in the novel. This episode could have been pretty funny if they had taken things a little bit more slowly and explained some of the weird discrepancies. Maybe they were rushing to get the arc finished quickly, so they sped up the pace of the novel again.

Do you know what they skipped by chance?????
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 6, 2008 10:54 PM

Sep 2007
Ami's yandere-ish snap was awesome. Makes her my favorite character by far.
Nov 6, 2008 11:33 PM

Dec 2007
I love this anime
Nov 7, 2008 12:28 AM

Feb 2008
Only just realized the student pres and ami where two different people ..... me lose brain ? uh oh !

Always thought it was strange they acted like they never seen ami before when she was first introduced >< i'm special =(
Nov 7, 2008 12:31 AM

Nov 2008
Another nice epsidoe. Poor guy, wonder what will happen to him with Taiga walking in on them.
Compared to the novel, the anime already have like 2 filler epsidoes and is cutting out alot of character bonding/growing so there are some moments in the anime where things just didn't connect together.
However, I still got to say, so far it's one of my favorite for the new season.
hi
Nov 7, 2008 1:32 AM

Mar 2008
i like TakasuXAmi better ... Taiga is too tsundere. And the parrot is not dying it's loosing feathers.

MAL list updates
Nov 7, 2008 1:55 AM

Oct 2008
At first, I thought that this guy with camera was her rejected lover or sth like that - by this impression lasted only 5 seconds :) So Ryuuji could be easily mistaken as well.

Last scene with Ami being sluty and Taiga shock > all. In my opinion in that moment Taiga flet something strange for her to feel - jealousy over Ryuuji. If Ami follows her path to made Ryuuji her boyfriend, Taiga will probably do the same and forget about Kitamura.
Nov 7, 2008 2:09 AM
Mar 2008
Ami's transformation was cool, especially when she admitted she was scared after. Love the Taiga and Minorin Diet warrior team.
Nov 7, 2008 2:17 AM

Mar 2008
ha awesome end... Taiga looked sad and shocked at Ami and Ryuuji
Nov 7, 2008 4:48 AM

Aug 2008
This episode was pretty much ok but I'm looking forward the next one.
Ii tenki desu ne...
Nov 7, 2008 6:12 AM

Apr 2008
After this episode I'm hoping for a RyuujiXAmi pairing. :)
Nov 7, 2008 6:24 AM

Jul 2008
Silaqui said:

Oh God no! Aisaka x Ryuuji besides Aisaka can kick Ami anytime! Ami is only good in rage mode. :)
Oops! I appear to be incapable of following Rules 16 and 17, so I had to have a mod change my sig for me.
Nov 7, 2008 6:44 AM

Dec 2007
-i REAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLY liked ami in psycho mode :D
-President BANZAAAAII XD
-slim caloris wariors was awesome :D
SalathielNov 7, 2008 6:53 AM
[center]If you aren't troubling the rest of the world, then there's no harm in being abnormal.
Nov 7, 2008 7:15 AM

Sep 2008
Tsundere + Yandere = OWNAGE!!!

Silaqui said:

+1
Nov 7, 2008 7:21 AM

Oct 2008
+2 :)
Nov 7, 2008 7:39 AM

Jul 2008
Some side notes after subs:

So that attack was about a weight issue...........I hope Ami does not have anorexia.

It's her fault for being weak. The moving and having to do all that crap was a lame excuse. Not giving to your parents is also a lame excuse..........should have solved it herself. My suggestion..........BUY pepper spray..........BUY TAZER.............GO TO martial arts class................USE HOME MADE TOOLS to defend.

Yeah I was right------------->Split personality with a Bi-Polar disorder perhaps caused by all that stress and stalker................YOU FAULT AMI. No one else. Also guess Kitamura FAILED her. No kidding he was begging Aisaka...........HE FAILED thus was helpless!

Some reference Aisaka used on Ami to make her psych out! 150 rapid fire suggestion overload her mentality for sure.
-Uganda------------->is a landlocked country in East Africa. It is bordered on the east by Kenya, on the north by Sudan, on the west by the Democratic Republic of the Congo, on the southwest by Rwanda, and on the south by Tanzania. The southern part of the country includes a substantial portion of Lake Victoria, within which it shares borders with Kenya and Tanzania. Uganda takes its name from the Buganda kingdom, which encompassed a portion of the south of the country including the capital Kampala.-------------------------> A joke about a contry in their misery???

-Falco-----------------too many reference and is not too clear of which person she is referring too but check it out and guess-------------->http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Falco#People

-Akechi Mitsuhide----------->Akechi Mitsuhide - (明智 光秀, Akechi Mitsuhide -? 1528? – July 2, 1582 Japanese calendar 6th month 13th day), nicknamed Jūbei or Koretō Hyūga no Kami (惟任日向守, Koretō Hyūga no Kami?), was a samurai who lived during the Sengoku period of Feudal Japan.

Mitsuhide was a samurai and a general under daimyo Oda Nobunaga, although he later betrayed Nobunaga and caused him to commit seppuku.

-Matsumoto Seichou--------------> Book author that wrote one book about AN AFFAIR and another about A MURDER.

-Oda Nobunaga---------------->Oda Nobunaga (織田 信長, Oda Nobunaga?) Oda Nobunaga (help·info) (June 23, 1534–June 21, 1582) was a major daimyo during the Sengoku period of Japanese history. He was the second son of Oda Nobuhide, a deputy shugo (military governor) with land holdings in Owari province.[1][2] Nobunaga lived a life of continuous military conquest, eventually conquering a third of Japanese daimyo before his death in 1582

-Dazai Osamu---------------------->Osamu Dazai (太宰 治, Dazai Osamu?); (June 19, 1909 – June 13, 1948) was a Japanese author who is considered one of the foremost fiction writers of 20th-century Japan. He is noted for his ironic and gloomy wit, his obsession with suicide, and his brilliant fantasy.

-Amaterasu------------------> Amaterasu (天照, Amaterasu?), Amaterasu-ōmikami (天照大神 / 天照大御神, Amaterasu-ōmikami?) or Ōhiru-menomuchi-no-kami (大日孁貴神, Ōhiru-menomuchi-no-kami?) is in Japanese mythology a sun goddess and perhaps the most important Shinto deity (神, kami?). Her name, Amaterasu, means literally "(that which) illuminates Heaven". She was born from the left eye of Izanagi as he purified himself in a river and went on to become the ruler of the Higher Celestial Plain (Takamagahara).

She is also said to be directly linked in lineage to the Imperial Household of Japan and the Emperor, who are considered descendants of the kami themselves.

So in when you understand all these references you should all know that Aisaka attacked Ami psychologically with ARMY/SCI-FI/DARK THEMES such as suicide/murder/betrayal.

-Ami might have episodes of black outs.
angel999Nov 7, 2008 8:57 AM
Nov 7, 2008 8:15 AM

Aug 2007
Silaqui said:

I'm starting to lean that way also, especially if she is gratefully for letting Ryuuji for telling her to show her true self.

Anyway I thought the episode was ok, it definitely looked like an episode to introduce the new personality of Ami. At least they made her even more likable for me. :D

Is this show really going to go for 25 episodes? If it is, shouldn't the paced be a little bit better?
Nov 7, 2008 8:35 AM

Oct 2008
Oh yes, she got my sympathy too. Strange ;)
Nov 7, 2008 8:39 AM

Aug 2008
Flibbertigibbet said:
I think the Inko's death will make Takasu realize who he truly loves, and that is Inko.
XD

I was originally rooting for RyujixMinorin, but now I realize that's probably because I didn't want RyujixTaiga. Ryuji & Minorin's personalities don't really mix, so now I'm going for Ami.
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 7, 2008 8:43 AM

Sep 2006
Flibbertigibbet said:
Stjeppe said:
And the parrot is not dying it's loosing feathers.

I think the Inko's death will make Takasu realize who he truly loves, and that is Inko.

Death-flagged,that is...
Go Go Ryuuji x Inko~
Nov 7, 2008 9:03 AM

Jun 2008
lol Ami beating up the stalker was just awesome
cant wait for next weeks episode, previews looked good
this episode made me like the anime even more, i thought it was a little lacking before, but now its getting interesting

Nov 7, 2008 11:32 AM

Jul 2008
Flibbertigibbet said:

And to think I was coming here to post that. I was sadly beat to it :(

I'm kinda glad to see the Ami plot developing, even if it is coming a little too quickly for my tastes. I still don't 100% trust her either. I'd much prefer to see Ryuuji with Minori too. Actually, I just want more Minori, can we rename this show Minori and make it 20 minutes of her antics? The Convenience Store Fist of Truth was rather epic, though I was hoping for a gattai :(

Also, the reason Ami stuck around at Taiga's place was she was afraid everyone else would discover her true nature, Taiga held this over her head, and then made her go through the impressions; another thing Taiga could hold over her head.

Like others, I was pretty saddened by Ryuuji's "LOLSTALKERRLY?", but what can you do? He's been spending too much time with Minori.

"I'd suck you~" Berri||Desu Ne?
Nov 7, 2008 12:03 PM

Feb 2008
lol it was only obvious that she would walk in.....thats how it always happens anyways. i guess its interesting in its own way.
Nov 7, 2008 12:28 PM

Dec 2007

Nov 7, 2008 1:01 PM

Jun 2008
I dunno - seeing people not like Ami and hating her clingyness to Ryuuji is strange :3

The ending for me was so cute ><............. Maybe Ultra Cute ><..

Really liking how it is turning out XD

Nov 7, 2008 1:39 PM
Dec 2007
The Minori/Taiga fight combo was well done. Can't wait n' see what Minorin has in store next week. <33
Nov 7, 2008 2:02 PM

Oct 2007
Such a great episode was LOL the first minute with Kushieda/Taiga attacking Ami XD and Taiga agreeing to help Kitamura was really funny and cute.

Also the most the enthuisastic speech from the president about picking up litter, hahaha!!

maybe my opinion has changed of Ami at the end when she went crazy mode infront of the stalker 0__0
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2008 4:25 PM

Jul 2008
This is another great reason you shouldn't be a stalker
And the episode was hilarious

Nov 7, 2008 4:55 PM

May 2007
This episode was better than some of the previous ones. I love Ami. She's by far the best character in this show.
Nov 7, 2008 5:37 PM

Jun 2008
Wow, it was all slightly odd, I didn't expect it to play out this way but...I loved this episode! Oh my goodness, the soundtrack for this series! <3

It may also be I'm a drama lover, and, this episode made me love Toradora! even more. Minorin is so cute, and funny oh my goodness && I'm definately anticipated for the next episode, Taiga's expression to Ami and Ryuuji. It makes me smile at the idea of Taiga x Ryuuji, wehoo! I want more!

EDIT: PS: woaah! Thanks Chibuki for the link to your gifs! They are amazing <3

KitteniaNov 7, 2008 5:40 PM
Nov 7, 2008 6:57 PM

Oct 2007
Flibbertigibbet said:

Nooooooo! Inko-chan can't die. I <3 Inko-chan. D:

In fact, we should make an Inko-chan fanclub >:D That would be pure win.
Nov 7, 2008 7:23 PM

Sep 2008
Noo! awesome end of episode....
Nov 7, 2008 7:45 PM

Sep 2008
This Anime is Epic.. Next episode can wait ^_^
Go Watch Sumomo momo Its epic. It has not gotten much attention... Episode 1
http://www.veoh.com/videos/v83597095dreGdW#comments
Nov 7, 2008 8:30 PM

Oct 2008
liked the ep it was good

Yay for having Ami become her true mean and rude self instead of hiding behind a mask people who hide behind masks like that are lame and boring also it was nice seeing her break that stalkers camera then hearing him cry about how hes not how he supposedly knew her...
Nov 7, 2008 8:51 PM
Oct 2007
I'm thinking of two love triangles - Taiga x Kitamura x Sumire and Ami x Ryuuji x Minorin. That would be interesting although I still vote for the Taiga x Ryuuji ending.
Nov 7, 2008 8:51 PM
Oct 2008
This is how all romance, comedy anime should be this has set the bar its fantastic, this episode was very ami related but you do get to learn why she cant show her true self and that even though she is dark she is still human with fears and shows a little jealousy to taiga cant wait for the next episode
Nov 7, 2008 9:30 PM

Jun 2007
AkariChan said:

Best part
3/5 episode
Nov 7, 2008 9:52 PM

Nov 2008
Ami confuses me still... maybe I just shouldn't watch this show with a migraine- but why does she put up a fake personality anyways??? I don't understand her reasoning at all yet.

And at first didn't she just want to "play" with Ryuuji to get to Taiga- but now she likes him for real knowing how sweet he is? Right?
Nov 7, 2008 10:39 PM

Jul 2008
YukiKumo said:
Ami confuses me still... maybe I just shouldn't watch this show with a migraine- but why does she put up a fake personality anyways??? I don't understand her reasoning at all yet.

And at first didn't she just want to "play" with Ryuuji to get to Taiga- but now she likes him for real knowing how sweet he is? Right?

Read my posts they will tell you more. In short in modeling agencies it is common to do that so you can earn yourself a place. Also sometimes Ami uses her fake personality to play with the hearts of others thus earning in the the end her own selfish interest.

Now we hope things can change.
Nov 8, 2008 1:00 AM

Nov 2007
I LOVE THE TWIST IN THE END! i also like the fact that Taiga saw it, and soon I think Minori would too. Yeah, this episode kicks butt!

Nov 8, 2008 3:41 AM
Anime Moderator
Grammar Queen

Jun 2008
and now Taiga will realize she likes Ryuuji. yeah? yeah?
p r o f i l e 👀
Nov 8, 2008 10:58 AM

Jun 2008
I liked the episode, wish we could have seen Taiga's reaction in the end, wonder if Ami really is being sincere this time.
Nov 8, 2008 11:33 AM

Aug 2008
AegisReborn said:
Flibbertigibbet said:

I'd join. Anyone else?
脱ぎません!_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ .

Nov 8, 2008 3:00 PM

Dec 2007
That stalker got destroyed, twice. Was a pretty good episode got to see some more development with Ami, inevitably she's seeming slightly less like a bitch now.

#NBHNC
Nov 8, 2008 4:13 PM

Jul 2008
JadeMatrix said:
AegisReborn said:
Flibbertigibbet said:

I'd join. Anyone else?

Yeah ok........I feel bad for the parrot.

PeanutSteak said:
That stalker got destroyed, twice. Was a pretty good episode got to see some more development with Ami, inevitably she's seeming slightly less like a bitch now.

That's why she got a +1 point from me! :)
Nov 8, 2008 6:31 PM

Sep 2008
this episode was awsome
ami dual personality is grat ...and now will be all dark....(like miya miya)
the way taiga makes things i love it
the last reaccion was ..a mitery.belive that if minori wasn´t there taiga would have ran away
cant wait the next episode manga too

i love this anime like the oher tree girls
taiga shana louise nagi ever!!!!!!!

Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Nov 8, 2008 9:37 PM
Jul 2018
HoaRy said:
Hahah, Ami in rampage mode - she could have done an appearance in Higurashi with that :D

That's what I was thinkin'!

This entire episode had me on the edge of my seat holding my stomach from all that laughter.

Nov 8, 2008 11:09 PM
Jun 2008
so glad that they decided to hav her show her real char. reckon i woulda dropped this anime if i had to see her fake crap for the rest of the series.
n uh ohh~ hes gona get killed.
Nov 9, 2008 12:22 AM

May 2008
massive lolz at the dumbass parrot, that just made the episode so much weirder
Pages (5) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 26, 2008

283 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 11:11 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

removed-user - Nov 19, 2008

255 by Zertur »»
Apr 17, 10:44 AM

Poll: » Toradora! Episode 19 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

id - Feb 11, 2009

502 by Seradim »»
Apr 6, 1:19 AM

» Minori Kushieda

LuckyTenth - Feb 21, 2021

9 by MyBliss »»
Apr 2, 3:42 AM

» What's physical diff between kano and ami

atl_nal - Mar 28

7 by Ashikhi »»
Mar 31, 1:40 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.