Forum Settings
Forums
New
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]
Nov 3, 2012 6:21 PM

Mar 2010
MudRune said:
I'm not sure if I've hit a dry streak or I rose tint anime I've seen in my head, but it seems as if the first few anime I watched were definitely the best and even though I'm watching good anime and I know it's good anime it just doesn't seem as good as the first stuff? Anyone else experienced this?
You probably just hit a dry streak. It happens to all of us. You just have to keep looking for the better ones. If you really want some fantastic anime, I can give you some recommendations?
Nov 3, 2012 6:22 PM
May 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
miereneronaile said:
IntroverTurtle said:
miereneronaile said:
Theres still a limit to how many 'good' anime I can find though.
With over 20 new anime coming out every season if you find at least one in each season then you will never reach the limit.

Ohh, sure, but I seem to be slipping back into the 20+ episodes aday phase, so I dont think 1 good anime per season is going to cover it..

Edit: Look, I know good anime will keep coming out, and I know I am not out of good anime to watch yet. I am just saying that, at this rate, eventually, I am going to run out of anime I consider to be a 7 or above, /shrug.
And I still don't understand how you can think that, there's atleast one anime a season I deem above an 8, idk about you. And you never answered my question from before, How do you know how many GOOD anime there are if you haven't watched them?? The truth is you don't, you have to experiment and try new genres and you will find that there are so many anime out there and most of them are at least slightly enjoyable.

I think your idea of running out of good anime isn't the same as mine. Do you think that if you only have one anime you look forward to a week and have watched every anime that you think might be interesting that you will have watched all the good anime?

I think that if only one - two good anime come out a season, its inevitable that I will run out.

Its pretty simple math, really. If I watch 4 good anime per season, and two good anime come out, I will run out. It may take me another 10 years, sure, but...

Also, I dont know exactly how many good anime there are. So what? Its a finite number, and I know an aproximate number for how many good anime come out each season. Its like, look at it this way.

I have 100 good anime left, and 2 new come out each season. I watch 4 good anime per season. So it takes me about 50 seasons to watch it all.

I have 300 good anime left, and two come out each season. I watch 4 per season, and so on. Sure, itll take me many years, but.. so what?

Also, quite frankly, I dont believe there are that many anime I rank over a 7 left. Do not forget that 'good' is subjective, and so it depends on my own feelings.

I just cant understand why you think there is unlimited good anime /shrug.
Worships Asparagus.
Nov 3, 2012 6:59 PM

Nov 2010
miereneronaile said:
IntroverTurtle said:
miereneronaile said:
IntroverTurtle said:
miereneronaile said:
With over 20 new anime coming out every season if you find at least one in each season then you will never reach the limit.

Ohh, sure, but I seem to be slipping back into the 20+ episodes aday phase, so I dont think 1 good anime per season is going to cover it..

Edit: Look, I know good anime will keep coming out, and I know I am not out of good anime to watch yet. I am just saying that, at this rate, eventually, I am going to run out of anime I consider to be a 7 or above, /shrug.
And I still don't understand how you can think that, there's atleast one anime a season I deem above an 8, idk about you. And you never answered my question from before, How do you know how many GOOD anime there are if you haven't watched them?? The truth is you don't, you have to experiment and try new genres and you will find that there are so many anime out there and most of them are at least slightly enjoyable.

I think your idea of running out of good anime isn't the same as mine. Do you think that if you only have one anime you look forward to a week and have watched every anime that you think might be interesting that you will have watched all the good anime?

I think that if only one - two good anime come out a season, its inevitable that I will run out.

Its pretty simple math, really. If I watch 4 good anime per season, and two good anime come out, I will run out. It may take me another 10 years, sure, but...

Also, I dont know exactly how many good anime there are. So what? Its a finite number, and I know an aproximate number for how many good anime come out each season. Its like, look at it this way.

I have 100 good anime left, and 2 new come out each season. I watch 4 good anime per season. So it takes me about 50 seasons to watch it all.

I have 300 good anime left, and two come out each season. I watch 4 per season, and so on. Sure, itll take me many years, but.. so what?

Also, quite frankly, I dont believe there are that many anime I rank over a 7 left. Do not forget that 'good' is subjective, and so it depends on my own feelings.

Because if atleast 2 good ones come out each season, then there is no way for you to run out, because anime will be releasing forever. And I even doubt that there is only 2 good ones each season.
Nov 3, 2012 7:02 PM
May 2010
IntroverTurtle said:
miereneronaile said:
IntroverTurtle said:
miereneronaile said:
IntroverTurtle said:
miereneronaile said:

Because if atleast 2 good ones come out each season, then there is no way for you to run out, because anime will be releasing forever. And I even doubt that there is only 2 good ones each season.

Except, if I have finished all of those anime.. and then watch the aired episode for the week, I have watched all the good anime. More will come, later, but for that point in time I have run out /shrug.
Worships Asparagus.
Nov 3, 2012 7:05 PM

Sep 2010
miereneronaile said:
IntroverTurtle said:
miereneronaile said:
IntroverTurtle said:
miereneronaile said:

It's not simple math because what you are talking about involves a variable(# of seasons that anime is produces) that for our intent and purposes is infinite. There will always be anime produced until the day you die and saying any one season produces only 2 good shows is an understatement but that still means you will always have 8 good shows to watch per every year of your life.

Nov 3, 2012 7:07 PM
May 2010
Anime_Name said:
miereneronaile said:
IntroverTurtle said:
miereneronaile said:
IntroverTurtle said:
miereneronaile said:

It's not simple math because what you are talking about involves a variable(# of seasons that anime is produces) that for our intent and purposes is infinite. There will always be anime produced until the day you die and saying any one season produces only 2 good shows is an understatement but that still means you will always have 8 good shows to watch per every year of your life.

Yes, but there will still be points in there where I have nothing to watch, and therefor I will have run out. pretty simple, tbh..
Worships Asparagus.
Nov 3, 2012 7:40 PM
Jun 2012
miereneronaile said:
Anime_Name said:
miereneronaile said:
IntroverTurtle said:
miereneronaile said:
IntroverTurtle said:
miereneronaile said:

Yes, but there will still be points in there where I have nothing to watch, and therefor I will have run out. pretty simple, tbh..

i think you might as well save your breath because trying to convince people who think they have "unlimited amount of good anime" to watch is like casting pearls before swine.
Nov 3, 2012 7:43 PM

Jan 2008
Having not read a single post other than the thread starters, it's not that anime loses its 'magic', rather, it's that your standards are built up over time and thus more anime titles don't interest you anymore or you don't care about those titles anymore because we all know a large majority of anime that air are usually the same generic concept.
Nov 3, 2012 8:34 PM

Apr 2008
I'm all for keeping a shonen heart and I still Jizz in my pants when I see Ippo fighting stronger and stronger opponents - only think back to when you were 10 and imagine watching LOGH or GITS - they wouldn't have gone down well.
Nov 3, 2012 8:35 PM

Oct 2012
vbyo said:
IDK STRAYA, IS IT YOU THAT IS LOSING UR MAGIC OR THE SHOW?

I don't know why I said that, I was pretty drunk, please disregard it <.<
Nov 3, 2012 8:37 PM

Nov 2010
apatch3 said:
I'm all for keeping a shonen heart and I still Jizz in my pants when I see Ippo fighting stronger and stronger opponents - only think back to when you were 10 and imagine watching LOGH or GITS - they wouldn't have gone down well.
Well yeah I kind of get that. They do need to make another Ippo series, I have heard that they have tons of manga that they can adapt. But then again I will get my awesome fix this season from Initial D stage 5.
Nov 3, 2012 8:44 PM

Apr 2012
Yeah. When I'm watching an anime, immediately put it as a favorite and fangirl on it much then when it's finished, it lingers in me for a while until I find a new masterpiece.
Nov 3, 2012 8:48 PM
Feb 2012
after a couple years most people judge anime by higher standards (me included). So I don't think it's the anime that has lost its magic, rather we've become more used to the magic.

To quote Niizuma Eiji, I am an 'eien shounen', so anime is always going to be interesting to me
Nov 4, 2012 2:11 PM

Apr 2008
YES bring on STAGE 5!!!!
Nov 4, 2012 3:23 PM

Nov 2010
apatch3 said:
YES bring on STAGE 5!!!!
You watch the first ep yet?
Nov 4, 2012 4:41 PM

Sep 2012
Hah! That will not happen. Live-actor TV has lost it's appeal to me because of me returning to Anime. The only shows outside of Anime that haven't lost their magic would be Heroes S 1-3, Firefly, and Doctor Who (pre Matt Smith).

Anime will probably be something never to lose it's magic, at the very least it's nostalgia factor. I can still watch Yu Yu, Inuyasha and Pokemon and think it's still pretty damn good.
Nov 4, 2012 4:58 PM

Apr 2008
Damn is it out already no way?

I have a few episodes of stage 4 left to go and look at that I just turned 22 my I'm old.
Nov 4, 2012 4:59 PM

Nov 2010
apatch3 said:
Damn is it out already no way?
Yup already watched it raw.
Nov 4, 2012 5:08 PM

Jul 2010
find something else to watch. ;-;

Nov 4, 2012 5:16 PM

Jun 2011
I feel like its starting to run out now as it is. I'm always managing to find new ones in the nick of time though, so i'm good for now.

I would just switch to manga full time etc if it all ran out D:
And they all lived happily ever after.
May evweyfing fall tu darkness!

Nov 4, 2012 5:22 PM
Nov 2012
I don't know about there being 'no more good anime watch', but I will stop watching eventually. I actually managed to live without anime for a whole year (wow..good for me! why not give an applause for this ridiculous and pointless comment on this thread!) ^.^
Nov 4, 2012 5:27 PM

Oct 2012
uneglace said:
I don't know about there being 'no more good anime watch', but I will stop watching eventually. I actually managed to live without anime for a whole year (wow..good for me! why not give an applause for this ridiculous and pointless comment on this thread!) ^.^

Okay. *applauds*

Just this once, I'll fulfill whatever your wish is.
Nov 5, 2012 3:13 PM
Jun 2012
uneglace said:

woah thats good. because after a year you can start to marathon all the anime you haven't watch :P

did you force yourself to stop watching anime or were you just too busy with your life to watch any anime?
Nov 5, 2012 3:18 PM

Sep 2012
When I stop watching anime from having watched all the good ones I would be rich. Because I would have won a world award for watching every single good anime ever made without passing away from old age.

And if someone tried to make a new one whilst I was recieved the award, Id Oppa Gagnam style all the way to his house, and smack him with a Giant Fumafuu bear.
A Sword that can cut anything is not a sword.
A Sword that can cut nothing can cut anything.

Nov 5, 2012 5:49 PM

Jan 2012
Anime industry already lose its magic thanks for making too many otaku craps instead of more 'open' ones like Ghibli movies as examples.
---
Nov 5, 2012 9:16 PM
Nov 2012
drinkbeer said:
uneglace said:

woah thats good. because after a year you can start to marathon all the anime you haven't watch :P

did you force yourself to stop watching anime or were you just too busy with your life to watch any anime?

Actually, and you can try this too but the only time I tend to watch anime is when I'm bored or when I "make" time for it. So I had to eliminate my "boredom" and had to stop sacrificing my time for other things for anime. Result? For a whole year, anime did not come into my mind lol. But watching anime isn't a crime or a "bad" thing, but instead of having habit of watching anime whenever possible, it's better to have self-control in MY OPINION.
Nov 10, 2012 3:36 PM

Nov 2011
NK_500 said:
Anime industry already lose its magic thanks for making too many otaku craps instead of more 'open' ones like Ghibli movies as examples.

Obviously the anime industry only recently started making anime aimed at otaku's.
They never used do that in the 90's or 80's, ofcourse not. Back then they cared less about money then do now.

It all makes sense now.

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Nov 10, 2012 3:46 PM

Jun 2009
rederoin said:
NK_500 said:

Obviously the anime industry only recently started making anime aimed at otaku's.
They never used do that in the 90's or 80's, ofcourse not. Back then they cared less about money then do now.

It all makes sense now.

I find myself going "really!?" to pretty much every one of NK_500's posts.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Nov 10, 2012 4:28 PM

Apr 2011
It's about money... No shit Sherlock...

Well that's life.
Nov 10, 2012 4:29 PM

Mar 2011
hussien-11 said:
Never

+1
Nov 10, 2012 5:56 PM

Mar 2012
if a tree falls in the forest, does it make a sound?!
O.O
Nov 30, 2016 10:33 AM

Aug 2015
Well for me it hasn't upto now and i'm sure it wouldn't in near future.
Nov 30, 2016 10:47 AM

Nov 2016
As we consume anime, I do think that our tastes become more discerning while simultaneously being forced to dig deeper to find things we enjoy more than mildly.That said, I doubt I will ever find that I can't find any good material at all. At least, I certainly hope that never happens. If it does, at least all of the favorites I've accumulated will still be available for periodic re-watching.
Nov 30, 2016 10:48 AM

Nov 2012
it is an industry. they never gonna make sequel of minor anime because prequel did not get much sell. even though the series was good. that make me sad
Nov 30, 2016 11:03 AM

Jul 2008
Nice necro posting guys, just thought I'll contribute here as well
Nov 30, 2016 11:18 AM
Dec 2014
Already surpassed that point. Start watch something and drop it after a few epsiodes. My completed/drop ratio has worsened very much in the recent months. A few highights may be still be out there
Nov 30, 2016 12:05 PM
fanservice<3

Mar 2012
way to revive an "anime is dying" thread

anyway

NEVER... unless westerners get a hold of it
Nov 30, 2016 2:28 PM

Dec 2015
Naw man there is always going to be an anime that can be really good and enjoyable it's just like any medium of entertainment
hi
Nov 30, 2016 2:38 PM
Jul 2018
For some reason people are necro'ing several year old threads...

OT: Yes. And no. Every once in a while you find a good anime.
Nov 30, 2016 5:47 PM

Oct 2012
drinkbeer said:
so when do you think you will reach the point where you have finished watching all the good anime out there?

what will you do then?

When? Its unlikely that i'll hit that point considering i'm not watching anime nearly as much as i have in the past. I usually go through periods of gaming, reading, and anime binging.
Nov 30, 2016 7:34 PM

Jan 2016
Probably never for me personally. I watch anime for the sake of enjoying anime. I enjoy it as a medium.

One thing I have always loved about anime as a medium is that there is so much anime out there that there is always something to watch.

So really unless you burn yourself out on anime there is always something to watch. There is always a massive list of popular anime but there is also that gem waiting to be discovered.

Nov 30, 2016 7:36 PM

Feb 2013
IntroverTurtle said:
apatch3 said:
For example you no longer jizz your pants as soon as you see somebody from DBZ charging up. Think back to your childhood and watching people power up was the most amazing thing ever.
Pffffft. speak for yourself, gonna keep my shounen heart.

sooo does anyone know what happened to IntroverTurtle????
Nov 30, 2016 8:50 PM

Nov 2009
ag_oni said:
As we consume anime, I do think that our tastes become more discerning while simultaneously being forced to dig deeper to find things we enjoy more than mildly.That said, I doubt I will ever find that I can't find any good material at all. At least, I certainly hope that never happens. If it does, at least all of the favorites I've accumulated will still be available for periodic re-watching.

Anime we truly enjoy deeply are not about tastes. They are about appealing to us personally.
And the passage of time does nothing to that.
Pages (4) « First ... « 2 3 [4]

More topics from this board

» Attack on skibidi toilet (attack on Titan story but with skibidi toilet)

Cyborgium - 1 hour ago

2 by BitChilly »»
5 minutes ago

» ❄️ Anime Winter 2024 Male Characters Tournament ( 1 2 3 4 )

ISeeLifePeople - Apr 14

196 by ISeeLifePeople »»
10 minutes ago

» Do you fantasize about anime while you sleep?

Alpha_1_Zero - 8 hours ago

18 by Subarctic-Forest »»
12 minutes ago

» Women tend to have superior anime preferences compared to men? ( 1 2 )

Alpha_1_Zero - Yesterday

69 by Yuu_Kanzaki »»
23 minutes ago

» Why are most current goblins green?

Absurdo_N - 4 hours ago

14 by traed »»
24 minutes ago
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.