Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 1, 2012 11:38 AM

Aug 2012
Ok heres a list of characters and the type of dere that they are, I'm catogarizing them by their dominant trait and if they share others eg tsundere/yandere I'll put the lesser traits in brackets.

Feel free to suggest characters to add and if you don't think someone belongs where I've put them tell me, but give a reason why you think it should be changed.

Tsundere

Yandere

Dandere

Kuudere

Male Dere's
kuuderes_shadowAug 19, 2014 1:18 PM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 1, 2012 12:04 PM

Dec 2011
Feel free to disagree with me on any of these. Characters that I haven't seen enough of to be able to say which type(s) they belong in I won't include. This also means that I won't include second hand information either.

From the characters in the relations section:

Chars that are one type only:
Shana - tsundere
Aisaka Taiga - tsundere
Akemi Homura - kuudere
Aoyama Mio - tsundere
Asakura Miu - yandere
Fujibayashi Ryou - dandere
Fujibayashi Kyou - tsundere
Furutani Himawari - tsundere
Higurashi Kagome - tsundere
Ichinose Kotomi - dandere
Kagurazaka Asuna - tsuindere
Kotobuki Nanase - tsundere
Martinozzi Eclair - tsundere
Misaka Mikoto - tsundere
Miyazaki Nodoka - dandere
Morita Mayu - dandere
Nagato Yuki - she IS a dandere, but a very borderline example. In the disappearance timeline she is pure dandere.
Nasuhara Anastasia - kuudere
Saionji Sekai - yandere
Sanzenin Nagi - tsundere
Shiomiya Shiori - dandere
Sonozaki Shion - yandere
Sugiura Ayano - tsundere
Tendo Akane - tsundere
Tohsaka Rin - tsundere

Combination/unclear characters:
Ayanami Rei - dandere/kuudere hybrid
Hellscythe Eucliwood - pure dandere if you look at her speech, but if you look at the stuff she writes she is pure kuudere
Katsura Kotonoha - very definite yandere, but also has very slight dandere tendencies depending on character interpretation
Senjougahara Hitagi - kuudere, but with very strong, repeated undertones of both yandere and tsundere.
Shirayuki Mizore - predominantly kuudere, but yandere at first and occasionally later too
Sonozaki Mion - definitely yandere/yangire, but there's something else there too...
Tachibana Kanade - mild kuudere, could be viably considered a very mild dandere too.

edit: new character added to club relations thus new character added to post
kuuderes_shadowNov 1, 2012 1:14 PM
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 1, 2012 12:31 PM

Dec 2011
Comments on characters that you've included in the first post:

Higurashi characters - some of these, at least as far as I have read, are not yandere as they have no dere side. There's a term "yangire" to describe characters like these. The only yandere in the entire series is Shion, although Mion and (at a massive stretch) Rena can be considered as such due to alternative character interpretations. Rika and Satoko are not.
Ryouko Asakura - as I said in the staff thread, the original character is not a yandere. In fact she is about as far from a yandere as it is possible to get. In the disappearance timeline she is a yandere, but should this really count? Personally, I don't think so.
Suzumiya Haruhi - has moments of tsundere behaviour. Very brief, very infrequent moments. Enough to put her on a list of tsunderes? Personally I wouldn't think so.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Nov 3, 2012 1:33 AM

Apr 2011
One of the things that came to my mind was, where would Shinobu Oshino be categorized. During Bakemonogatari, she is 100% Dandere. No doubt about that. Once the events of Nisemonogatari occurred, then that's where things would change. She was no longer a Dandere.

I added her under the Dandere section but with a ? next to it. So the question is, can she still be considered as a Dandere?

Edit: I'll put her in kuudere with (Dandere) next to it as in nisemonogatari she is showing her true personality whereas in bakemonogatari she is only temporarily sulking because her powers are gone and she lost to oshino and araragi
kitsune77Nov 3, 2012 6:31 AM

Fate/Grand Order (JP): 047,601,839 | Girls' Frontline: 501,231 | Azur Lane: 270,918,841
Nov 5, 2012 6:10 AM

Dec 2010
I can post here, can't I?

Anyway, My suggestion is as following;

How about linking each character to their respective character profile here on MAL? That way it's easier to look up that character if you don't know them by name only. It's not something that's really required and it's a bit of extra work but I think it's a nice extra trait for the members. And we do want to share our favorite characters and their cute dere sides, don't we?
Nov 5, 2012 6:20 AM

Dec 2011
DarkneX said:
I can post here, can't I?

Anyway, My suggestion is as following;

How about linking each character to their respective character profile here on MAL? That way it's easier to look up that character if you don't know them by name only. It's not something that's really required and it's a bit of extra work but I think it's a nice extra trait for the members. And we do want to share our favorite characters and their cute dere sides, don't we?

Of course you can post here. And good idea, though it could take a while.
Nov 5, 2012 1:34 PM

Apr 2011
I'll take care of the links. It'll give me something to do on my free time.

Ren's Edit #3: Finished the whole list.
RenkuranaNov 5, 2012 4:21 PM

Fate/Grand Order (JP): 047,601,839 | Girls' Frontline: 501,231 | Azur Lane: 270,918,841
Nov 5, 2012 3:00 PM

Aug 2012
Nice job Ren!! :D I've been meaning to add more characters but haven't cause im lazy XD I will get round to adding more soon though
Nov 6, 2012 12:33 AM

Dec 2010
Good job with the linking! Here's some additional dere's that may or may not be on the list, discuss ~

Kasugano Sora: 60% kuudere 40% tsundere? *added*
Primula: dandere *added*
Fuyou Kaede: Shows yandere traits *added*
Hecate: Shows dandere traits *added*
Dalian: Tsundere *added*
Kawasumi Mai: Kuudere/Dandere?
Shinonono Houki: tsundere traits *added*
Huang Ling Yin: tsundere traits *added*
du Lot Herminium Haqua: tsundere *added*
Ryougi Shiki: Shows kuudere traits.

I'm having a hard time with coming up with what kind of dere Sora is, I've alreadt discussed her in Claim a tsundere club when she was up for claiming however it is still not very clear if she is tsundere or kuudere, personally it's more towards kuudere.

Ryougi Shiki is another difficult card for me to determine, personally I think she's a bit towards kuudere if anything.

Ren's Edit: Added most of the characters to the list.
RenkuranaNov 6, 2012 1:37 AM
Nov 6, 2012 1:20 AM

Apr 2011
Oooh, good list of characters you have. Kaede Fuyou is already on the list btw. :3

Sora Kasugano, hmm. To me, she shows more Kuudere than Tsundere. I believe she doesn't show much emotions throughout the anime. If she does, it's a cold personality. Of course, it's debatable. For now, I'll have her under Kuudere with Tsundere in parenthesis and ? next to it.

As for the rest of them, I'll fill to their respective list, except for ones that we're not sure about. People like Mai Kawasumi and Ryougi Shiki.

Edit: Oh, I just thought of another Kuudere character. Chiriko Tsurumi from Anohana. Also, if anybody thinks a certain character shouldn't be on the list, feel free to explain why.
RenkuranaNov 6, 2012 1:31 AM

Nov 6, 2012 9:58 AM

Oct 2010
It lacks gou-dere type. I know it's rare so far only one manga heroine and momo from love-ru darkness that I know of.
"Boredom is like poison."

Nov 6, 2012 10:13 AM

Dec 2011
Lonewolf13 said:
It lacks gou-dere type. I know it's rare so far only one manga heroine and momo from love-ru darkness that I know of.

There are dozens of minor variants on -dere character types, many of which have just a handful of examples ever. The four main ones are the ones listed. They are also the only four that are widely recognised. While there are anomalous characters that would be included by expanding the family, the added complexity is far greater than the gains. And they're usually invented by a single person as a "let's create a new category just for this one character who doesn't quite fit anywhere".
Nov 11, 2012 7:57 PM
Feb 2012
For your list, I also noticed Chizuru, Kawanami from the show Yumekui Merry (Dream Eater Merry) is not on the list. After looking the terms up to define her properly, Kuudere.
I can provide some theory if you'd like, may contain spoilers
Nov 11, 2012 11:42 PM

Apr 2011
I don't know about her so if you can provide info, that'll be great. Unless someone can confirm whether she is a Kuudere or not.

Nov 12, 2012 12:52 AM

Dec 2010
I am currently playing the Kanon visual novel and I've seen the Kanon anime before (yet my memory of it was a bit hazy and thus I felt the need to be certain, luckily I'm on a KEY spree and am playing all their VNs) thus, now I can truly confirm that Kawasumi Mai is indeed a Dandere ~

I've been planning a Kara no Kyoukai rewatch pretty soon so I'll be confirming whether I think she fits the description of a kuudere or not, stay tuned ~
Nov 12, 2012 1:10 AM

Apr 2011
I shall add Mai Kawasumi to the Dandere list. (〜 ̄▽ ̄)〜

Nov 12, 2012 1:19 AM

Dec 2011
noobis419 said:
For your list, I also noticed Chizuru, Kawanami from the show Yumekui Merry (Dream Eater Merry) is not on the list. After looking the terms up to define her properly, Kuudere.
I can provide some theory if you'd like, may contain spoilers

I've got that series on PTW so may as well start watching now to confirm this.
Nov 15, 2012 11:49 PM

Dec 2011
I put Strarf Mk.2 (aka Hina) from Busou Shinki in as tsundere with kuudere in brackets. If anyone feels this should be the other way round feel free to change it.
Nov 28, 2012 6:08 PM

Jun 2012
guys Shirakiin, Ririchiyo is she a tsundere?
and Roromiya, Karuta is she a Dandere or Kuudere?
Inu x Boku SS
Im trying to make card but i dont know if im picking the right characters XD
Nov 28, 2012 6:14 PM

Apr 2011
It says Shirakiin Ririchiyo is Tsunshun instead of a dere according to MAL: "She is the first character in Japanese anime and manga to be classified as a tsunshun instead of tsundere because she gets depressed (shun) instead of getting modest (dere) after behaving in a conceited manner."

So I suppose she doesn't count. As for Roromiya Karuta, I haven't seen the anime so I don't know anything about her.

thanks for the info sir:)
makubeXxNov 28, 2012 8:52 PM

Nov 28, 2012 6:26 PM
Nov 2010
What? No Kurisu?
Nov 28, 2012 6:45 PM

Apr 2011
Our list isn't 100%. We go by characters that we know are confirmed to be a Dere character, that we know of. If there's characters that isn't on the list but should be on the list, our members are always welcome to request it, as long as they have proof that the character is a Dere character.

Nov 28, 2012 7:01 PM

Apr 2011
Then I shall add her to the list~

The reason we do the proof and check is because it's hard to keep up with every Dere character there is. And there's animes and characters some of us never seen. Me, I never seen the anime so I don't know anything about the characters in the anime.

Which is why for Dere characters not on the list, unless someone comes in and confirms it, we have to ask for proof. Because we actually had characters that people thought was Dere, but we found out they weren't at all.

But thanks for helping us out~

Nov 28, 2012 8:54 PM

Jun 2012
It says Shirakiin Ririchiyo is Tsunshun instead of a dere according to MAL: "She is the first character in Japanese anime and manga to be classified as a tsunshun instead of tsundere because she gets depressed (shun) instead of getting modest (dere) after behaving in a conceited manner."

So I suppose she doesn't count. As for Roromiya Karuta, I haven't seen the anime so I don't know anything about her.

thanks for the info sir:)
Nov 29, 2012 12:17 AM

Nov 2011
this list may help you with tsunderes
http://www.animevice.com/tsundere/22-6/characters/

and i request Lina Inverse to be added..Shes on that list ( i thought that Darknex added her before but he didn't) More proof
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/LightNovel/Slayers?from=Main.Slayers
even more: shes on those lists
http://otaku-streamers.com/community/showthread.php?553-Who-is-your-favorite-tsundere-character/page6
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/ShanaClone
Nov 29, 2012 12:25 AM

Dec 2011
There are some characters on that list who are questionable to say the least.

That said, there are a few characters on there who need adding.

Not going to do it until the BBCode is fixed though.
Dec 2, 2012 8:25 PM

Jun 2012
guys Serizawa, Fumino from Mayoi Neko Overrun! is tsundere too, right?
makubeXxDec 2, 2012 8:29 PM
Dec 2, 2012 8:52 PM

Apr 2011
*looks back at my memory to remember her*

Yep, from what I remember when I watched the show, she fits the Tsundere category. I'll add her to the category, unless someone believes that she isn't.

While we're on the anime, I think Kiriya Nozomi is a Dandere and Umenomori Chise a Tsundere. Unforunately, I can't remember those two as good as Fumino. If anyone wants to share on this, go for it. I'll rewatch it tonight and give my update on it.

Edit: On episode 6 so far, and I seen the Tsun side of Umenomori Chise but none of the Dere side. I'll see if it changes. As for Kiriya Nozomi, definitely a Dandere so far.
RenkuranaDec 2, 2012 10:49 PM

Dec 3, 2012 12:38 AM

Jun 2012
i think Umenomori Chise is not a dere.
but im not sure XD
Dec 3, 2012 12:42 AM

Apr 2011
That's what I'm trying to find out atm. She definitely has the Tsun side. I wanna see if the Dere side shows up or not.

Edit: Alrighty, 8 episodes in but no Dere side showing up. So I shall not label her as a Dere. The other two girls however, are definitely a Dere. Serizawa Fumino being a Tsundere and Kiriya Nozomi a Dandere.
RenkuranaDec 3, 2012 1:00 AM

Dec 3, 2012 3:27 AM

Jun 2012
Renkurana said:
That's what I'm trying to find out atm. She definitely has the Tsun side. I wanna see if the Dere side shows up or not.

Edit: Alrighty, 8 episodes in but no Dere side showing up. So I shall not label her as a Dere. The other two girls however, are definitely a Dere. Serizawa Fumino being a Tsundere and Kiriya Nozomi a Dandere.

woah~ sugoi~
im watching Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo now, i think Nanami Aoyama is tsundere what do you think Renkurana-san?
Dec 3, 2012 3:29 AM

Dec 2010
makubeXx said:

woah~ sugoi~
im watching Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo now, i think Nanami Aoyama is tsundere what do you think Renkurana-san?

I'm not Ren, but I am watching that show, and yes she's a tsundere, no doubt about it. I like her very much myself ~
Dec 3, 2012 3:30 AM

Apr 2011
Hmm, good point. I did notice her character to be on the Tsundere side. I'd say she definitely fits under the Tsundere category. Gonna go add her to the list. Thanks a lot for this :D I guess I was into the story development that I forgot to notice about her character. And she's my favorite character of the anime too LOL

If anyone disagrees, feel free to say why.

Dec 3, 2012 5:07 AM

Dec 2011
I already had her as pending to go on there. Then forgot to add her when her character started fleshing out.

For that matter...
Dec 3, 2012 6:35 AM
Nov 2011
I don't know should Rena be here, since she is a yangire, not a yandere...

Anyway, add her ----------> http://myanimelist.net/character/1896/Fate_Testarossa

She appears first as emotionless, but when she met Nanoha she opened up~
-___-
Dec 3, 2012 3:21 PM

Jun 2012
woah~ sankyuu Ren-san & DarkneX :D
how about Shiina, Mashiro, dere or not?
Dec 3, 2012 3:35 PM

Apr 2011
We already Mashiro as a Dandere :3

For Rena:

kuuderes_shadow said:
The only yandere in the entire series is Shion, although Mion and (at a massive stretch) Rena can be considered as such due to alternative character interpretations.

So it's debatable.

For Fate, we'll add her on the list. Though I don't know anything about her so I don't know if she's a Dandere or Kuudere.

Dec 3, 2012 3:46 PM

Jun 2012
ahahaha gomen~ XD
i need reading glasses O.O
Dec 8, 2012 1:00 AM

Jun 2012
guys Mio Isurugi is tsundere? MM!
Dec 8, 2012 1:12 AM

Apr 2011
From what I remember, she's a sadist and I can't recall any tsundere traits from her,

Dec 28, 2012 4:07 AM

Jun 2012
how about Oda, Nobuna and Cambell, Cecily? tsundere or not?
makubeXxDec 28, 2012 4:11 AM
Dec 28, 2012 4:39 AM

Dec 2011
I'm putting Oda Nobuna on there. She is tsundere towards Saru, even if not all the time (mostly when the two are alone together).

I haven't seen Seiken no Blacksmith so can't comment on Cecily. Looks interesting though so I'm putting it on PTW - but bear in mind that it could be years before I actually get around to it.
Mar 14, 2013 8:48 AM

Dec 2011
Querying Accelerator's position on the list.

Does he actually have a -dere side? I will admit that I haven't read all the index/railgun franchise but I had always assumed that he was either yangire or just plain sadistic, and there doesn't seem to be anywhere else that links him to being yandere either.
Mar 14, 2013 9:21 AM

Mar 2013
I've added links for the male deres :D
CARD DELIVERIES WILL BE SLOW FOR THE NEXT WEEK... SORRY ABOUT THAT! >o<
Mar 14, 2013 9:26 AM

Aug 2012
@shadow, hmm. well i put him on there as his dere side i quite hidden but he really does care for lastorder, like he goes even more beserk than usaual when she is kidnapped and even takes a bullet to the head so he can save her, it's not romantic love but i thnk it still counts...

and nice one iwont letgo! :D
Apr 1, 2013 2:17 PM

Dec 2011
Is anyone opposed to Kashiwazaki Sena being counted as a tsundere (as claimed by Mokyu here)?

Also, thoughts on Mikazuki Yozora?

Tvtropes lists both as being tsundere, although neither are listed on the "tsundere" page.

In my personal opinion: Sena I would say is a fairly straightforward, if very atypical, tsundere (she's more tsundere towards Yozora than Kodaka), but Yozora has less of the -deredere (although still enough to count) and just a hint of kuu-.
Apr 3, 2013 1:13 PM

Dec 2011
Noone raised any objections, so I'm adding both to the list. As usual, if you have any issues or reasons why they shouldn't be on there, just say.
Apr 12, 2013 8:44 AM

Dec 2012
Uhh .. Guys I've read that Misaki Mei from another anime is a kuudere

and as i've observed from the series indeed she is :))

Can enma ai from Jigoku Shoujo be considered a kuudere ?

If you guys want i'll give you the link that states that ai is a kuudere

just tell me okay :)
"I aM ParT of THE InvisiBLES"//

Apr 12, 2013 9:29 AM

Aug 2012
yeah misaki mei is a kuudere/dandere and enma ai is already down as a dandere :D
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» [Game] Call the person above you a baka ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

kitsune77 - Oct 28, 2012

5732 by chaosflame5 »»
Dec 21, 2023 11:16 AM

» [Game]Last letter: Anime/Manga ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Renkurana - Nov 13, 2012

493 by omorashi »»
Dec 2, 2023 11:29 PM

» [Game]This or That? (General edition)

Renkurana - Nov 27, 2012

49 by 3miL »»
Sep 24, 2023 7:20 AM

Poll: » Best Dere Type

HoloisHolo - Jul 19, 2023

1 by Riptos »»
Jul 20, 2023 12:10 AM

» Dere Wars: Girl Of The Month

HoloisHolo - Apr 27, 2023

1 by HoloisHolo »»
May 2, 2023 12:10 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.