Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Dec 14, 2012 1:15 PM

May 2012
Great episode, finally things are getting a bit better for Albert, the kiss scene was absolutely amazing! And than the follow up to the ending was just great but sad as well! Great episode I wonder what's next though!
Dec 31, 2012 2:14 PM
Oct 2012
Albert finally prove his manhood! - I knew that Pepo is a good person.
How am i happy for Andrea hahahaha
The finish becomes very interesting, looking forward to the next episode.
Jan 3, 2013 6:55 AM

Jan 2009
TehRoboRoller said:
I'm pretty sure she is actually a girl. I honestly believe the Count was trolling Albert when he said she was a guy xD

I agree with this. I definitely think Peppo is a girl and The Count was just fucking with Albert, just part of all the psychological stuff he was working on Albert to manipulate him.
Jan 17, 2013 3:29 AM

Nov 2011
junitodx said:
TehRoboRoller said:
I'm pretty sure she is actually a girl. I honestly believe the Count was trolling Albert when he said she was a guy xD

I agree with this. I definitely think Peppo is a girl and The Count was just fucking with Albert, just part of all the psychological stuff he was working on Albert to manipulate him.

Not sure why he would. What easier way is there to plot your revenge than having the person you are trying to get at be infatuated with a slave of yours?

That aside, everything else would suggest Peppo is a female.

This episode felt really...cliched. Although it was interesting to see Franz's last wish be that Albert not seek revenge.
Sep 17, 2013 11:19 PM

Dec 2012
Hmm decent episode I suppose, although a bit underwhelming in comparison to the earlier story. Wasn't really a fan of the forced marriage sub-story, but I do think it does a great job at showing how Albert has changed from a guy who wanted to fool around to a man deeply in love.

Poor Peppo though. I still stand by what I said in the first few episodes - a love affair between Albert and Peppo would have been awesome.
Nov 4, 2013 12:54 PM

Mar 2012
TehRoboRoller said:

That would be hilarious lol. I wouldn't be surprised if Peppo really was a girl though.
Nov 17, 2013 8:51 PM

May 2011
Peppo is a female, IMO, cause if you look carefully at 08:36...she had breasts, for pete's sake. anyways, this show is getting bad. I did not expect the show to lose its originality slowly. and gradually. but still a fun episode nonetheless, a wedding to crash!
"If you reject me, I'll blast a hole in you!" Kanzaki H. Aria
Just kidding.

Jan 14, 2014 7:25 PM

Aug 2010
TehRoboRoller said:

Yeah. I'm pretty sure pepo is a girl.

I really liked this episode but I feel the anime has lost it's quality. It just doesn't feel the same show as it did during the first 15 episodes or so.
Mar 8, 2014 5:36 PM
Jun 2012
About dang time something good happened.

Eugenie might be one of the most legitimately beautiful anime heroines of all time. Simply stunning. It's funny: because of the book, I came into this anime expecting to hate her (she's shallow and completely self-interested), but this version of Eugenie totally won me over.

It's crazy how the Count has become the villain in this series. He's always the good guy in every other adaptation. Well done, Gonzo.

-Arvis
Apr 2, 2014 10:05 PM

Jan 2013
Beautiful episode...may be my fav of the series until now.
Albert 'man'-ing up was refreshing (ironically in a maid's suit!). Eugenie looked beauuuutiful *_*
Poor Peppo, regardless of which is the correct gender, his love for Albert was genuine (no homo!)
The difference b/w Albert and Count is where the friends of Count betrayed him, Franz is everything you wish from a friend. ;__;
Next episode looks epic with the Count at the centre.
And, Andrea got fucked. FUCKIN YES!!
5/5
Kagami_Hiiragi said:
Idc if you think its weird, I have a life and friends and an income of money.

May 7, 2014 2:56 AM

Apr 2013
Beatnik said:
There is more subtlety in an episode of Pokemon. I simply cannot believe how far this anime has fallen since the first dozen episodes, its baffling. Every single character isnt a character anymore, they're all just caricatures making stupid noises and faces, the plot is now aimed at five year olds.

I almost cut myself from that edge.

This was an excellent episode.
Powerful eyebrows.
Jun 30, 2014 4:34 AM

Nov 2013
Beatnik said:
There is more subtlety in an episode of Pokemon. I simply cannot believe how far this anime has fallen since the first dozen episodes, its baffling. Every single character isnt a character anymore, they're all just caricatures making stupid noises and faces, the plot is now aimed at five year olds.

It's enjoyable reading how this anime ruffles your apparently very delicate feathers week in week out :)
the official MAL hall of fame/cursed comments is now open for business - you are welcome to PM me any potential quotes to include
Jul 15, 2014 11:51 PM

Sep 2013
That BL scene was the funniest thing I've seen in quite a long time, I could not stop fucking laughing.
Aug 31, 2014 1:30 AM

Nov 2013
Nice heartwarming episode. Albert really has earned some respect from me this episode watching him escape the wedding with Eugenie. Never thought Albert would become such a gentleman! That scene with Peppo hugging Albert really fueled my desire to have them shipped.

Sep 8, 2015 4:30 AM

Jan 2014
YES! I'm so happy this happened! Albert was really cool and I'm just so happy for Eugenie.
Franz's letter was very touching and I agree with him. No hate, no matter what. -The End-
Sep 8, 2015 4:14 PM

Oct 2013
merle_noir said:
kadian1364 said:
This episode was sublime. I like the usual style and dramatics of Gankutsuou in general, but a hopeful and uplifting episode like this one gave me a brief relief from the continuous tragic falls, deserved or not, of our cast of characters.

It also sets up Albert as the foil to the Count. While Edmond's best friend betrayed him which lead to him darkness, selling his soul for revenge and plotting others' personal destruction for decades, Franz gave his life for Albert, and in his final message pleaded for Albert to live his life without hate.

This episode lights a ray of hope for our protagonists to move beyond hatred and petty revenge and find some happiness in the end, in whatever form that may be.

All of this. Yes. Very, very well said.

Wonderful episode, and wonderful turnaround for Albert - as a character. And it is of course great that Eugénie was saved and lucky that Andrea didn't traumatise her beyond salvation or anything. Franz's letter was also a really nice way to pull the episode to a close, with Albert's resolution to see the Count once more and hopefully put out the Count's thirst for revenge -- peacefully.

this, and

junitodx said:
TehRoboRoller said:

this

Absolutely beautiful and heart-rending episode, and it ended spectacularly. Since Eugenie is off in New York, Albert + Peppo can be a thing now, right?

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Sep 28, 2015 1:06 PM

Jul 2013
Franz's letter was beautiful. Don't hate, just love, man.

I'm glad Peppo, in helping the boy he loved helped Albert crash the wedding and rescue Eugenie whilst Cavalcanti got arrested for previous crimes.

I wish Albert was leaving for New York with Eugenie though :(
Oct 7, 2015 4:58 AM

Apr 2014
This episode was really cheesy.

That was unexpected of Peppo. Glad to know she wanted to make up for her betrayal.

Honestly Eugenie had nothing left to loose. Why didn't she just make a public disgrace of the wedding? She was wearing heels wasn't she? Kick Andrea in the nuts! Tell everyone that he tried to rape her! Perfect way to soil her family's reputation, as well as his. She just waited for them to save her.

DawningFogOct 7, 2015 5:04 AM
Oct 30, 2015 1:48 AM
May 2012
Zadion said:
merle_noir said:

All of this. Yes. Very, very well said.

Wonderful episode, and wonderful turnaround for Albert - as a character. And it is of course great that Eugénie was saved and lucky that Andrea didn't traumatise her beyond salvation or anything. Franz's letter was also a really nice way to pull the episode to a close, with Albert's resolution to see the Count once more and hopefully put out the Count's thirst for revenge -- peacefully.

this, and

junitodx said:

this

Absolutely beautiful and heart-rending episode, and it ended spectacularly. Since Eugenie is off in New York, Albert + Peppo can be a thing now, right?

All of this.
I am just glad that they kissed.
Oct 30, 2015 3:34 PM

Jun 2010
Would be the ultimate ironic twist of this interpretation of the classic story if Eugenie now meets Louise in New York. Muahaha! ^^
Jan 14, 2016 12:16 AM

Jan 2013
Hard to believe Peppo really was a male.
Great episode once again.
Jun 11, 2016 11:44 AM

Feb 2016
Glad to see albert was able to prevent that marriage and both andrea as well as eugenie's father are on the receiving side now. On the other hand she had to leave but they'll see each other any time in the future probably.

The main benefit of this now is that every side story is tossed away and we can finally focus on the count who'll hopefully take us with him through his journey of revenge lol.
Dec 30, 2016 10:05 PM

Jun 2014
Albert running away with Eugenie while wearing a maid costume cracked me up lol
Jan 9, 2017 9:22 AM

Aug 2014
Great stuff, but i didn't like it when Eugenie had to go, why couldn't she stay with Albert, dont they love each other?
Feb 22, 2017 5:14 AM

Mar 2015
Finally, some reprieve of sorts for the people who suffer most by having the least to do with this whole plot
I'm Bruneian and I like anime. And Manchester United. And fat cats.
Feb 28, 2017 2:14 AM

Oct 2012
I don't think Peppo is a boy
Since that might be one of the Count's lie
But aww Peppo

Love and hate, they're pretty similiar thing
When your love don't reach, you're frustrated then that love will become hate
Franz :(
I will always love you
"Signature removed"
May 10, 2017 12:23 PM
Feb 2017
Everyone saying the show goes is going downhill here doesn't understand how stories are written. The show already came to a climax. Of course it's gonna go down from here, until the ending. Why the hell does everyone expect this show to continue to be mysterious when everything has already been revealed?
Aug 5, 2017 10:19 AM

Feb 2013
He saved Eugenie, he finally did something good for the first time in this anime.
Peppo helped too.
Aug 7, 2017 1:07 AM
Ceasefire NOW

Aug 2009
Thanks to Franz, Albert was able to move past his hatred and fear and helped saved Eugenie. I love how things are wrapping up nicely for the good characters and the bad.

=) Apparently main characters can't do stupid things and learn in the end without being criticized, can they?
Nov 10, 2017 11:41 PM

Jan 2010
What I love about this setup is how interrupting the marriage was part of The Count's plans. I can't tell if it was intentional or unintentional, but by doing so, he managed to save Eugenie, and in turn helped out Albert in that pinch. It really worked out, and throughout all this I just can't tell what The Count is thinking. His true feelings are a complete mystery, because once again, I can't tell how much of all of this situation is under his control. He's a true mystery.
Apr 5, 2018 3:43 AM

Jul 2017
TehRoboRoller said:

Yeah I think so too
Feb 7, 2019 1:10 AM

May 2016
It was awesome to see Albert crash wedding signing to save Euginea with a lot of help from Peppo and some assistance from Lucien and Beaucoup to make the fraudulent aristocrat Benedetto's freefall from grace into a way more satisfying one. That assbag had everything he'd done turn over against him and all he can do is to stay silent while he gets arrested as the Count bitterly mopes in that one dark room in his mansion.

Peppo showed the real power of a trap's kiss and how she playfully walked away with a satisfying look on his face that screamed "My job is done!" was super adorable. I'd highly suggest that Albert should end up with him if things doesn't go as well as they hoped between Euginea and him.

That farewell scene between the two highlighted by their first real passionate kiss made me feel very emotional and Albert reacting to Franz's real last words to him gave me even more feels. I wouldn't mind if this had ended up as the story's conclusion but it looks like there are a few more episodes to go so I'm curious on how they'll pull this off.

Apr 8, 2019 5:56 AM

Aug 2009
TRUE LOVE PREVAILS!

I'm glad to see these youngsters break the chains their corrupt parents created. Aside from being a mystery thriller, the show manages to mix coming of age drama into it almost seamlessly. Great stuff.

I am missing the Count's screentime though.
Jun 7, 2020 11:58 AM
Obscure Anime Ma
Jan 2017
I was going to be upset if Albert didn’t make it in time. I understand why he stayed behind because he has unfinished feelings in Paris but I would have went with Eugiene. This episode was much needed win because this show has been nothing but depressing. Real friends help you steal a girl away from her wedding. Was Andrea the child that was suppose to be lost because if he is he really believed incest for the wincest.
Jul 12, 2020 9:32 PM
Jun 2020
King_Ether said:
I was going to be upset if Albert didn’t make it in time. I understand why he stayed behind because he has unfinished feelings in Paris but I would have went with Eugiene. This episode was much needed win because this show has been nothing but depressing. Real friends help you steal a girl away from her wedding. Was Andrea the child that was suppose to be lost because if he is he really believed incest for the wincest.

I doubt it cuz then what was in the box when they were doing that "find the secret room" game but who knows, you could be right.
Oct 8, 2020 11:28 PM

May 2016
That was some nice stuff packed in one episode, Peppo finally got useful to Albert
and those Letters leaved by the dead are always bring me to tear I already miss Franz ;-;
Sep 23, 2021 9:44 AM

Aug 2020
Now, all the families have been dealt with. Now it's the face-off between Albert and the Count.

DO NOT Cʟɪᴄᴋ Tʜᴇ Lɪɴᴋ Bᴇʟᴏᴡ:
👉 ʜᴛᴘs://ᴍʏᴀɴɪᴍᴇʟɪsᴛ.ɴᴇᴛ/ᴅᴏ-ɴᴏᴛ-ᴄʟɪᴄᴋ-ᴛʜɪᴤ-ʟɪɴᴋ 👈

Apr 1, 2022 1:58 PM

May 2021
So, is Peppo a boy or a girl? I suspect we may never know.

Still, Franz's letter was heart-warming. I'm glad Albert did SOMETHING.

Apr 27, 2022 12:34 PM
Nov 2020
Looks like Albert finally recovered from his greef
Jun 10, 2022 7:29 PM

Jun 2010
Since departing from the original novel with the duel it seems like the show has struggled without the source as a crutch and it feels much more "anime" now. It's loud and sensationalistic and I don't like it as much as the slow burn it was earlier on.

I especially disliked how Peppo's exit (presumably from the story entirely) played out as a typical anime love-triangle thing where the loser gracefully bows out when, as he himself says, it's rather that he was part of a plot that led to the death of Albert's best friend and he doesn't deserve forgiveness.
FronzelJun 12, 2022 12:00 AM
Sep 3, 2022 10:14 PM

Jun 2020
Brilliant and heartwarming episode. Executed akin to the valor of the middle parts of the series. If only the whole series continued in this way... Well. It was a great episode, loved how it turned out. Albert is finally, finally, finally more mature. Glad. 4 more eps to go.

Oct 18, 2022 6:25 PM

Dec 2019
MaL database or whoever thought excluding the genre "Romance" of Gankutsuou's front-page is an actual troll. Very corny execution but at least Albert pulled off something, to me everything has been an overly simplified revenge story, mixed with an 18th century romance & a tad supernatural, I'm praying the next 4 episodes will accomplish something...
Jun 10, 2023 7:14 AM

Jan 2021
Ah, Andrea was arrested. Thank goodness! In the end, everything happened according to the Count's plan, right? He needed Andrea to make Eugenie's father bankrupt, and "expose" the scandal between Valentine's father and Eugenie's mother. But I think Andrea wanted to screw up because he had her own plan (by marrying Eugenie) and the Count didn't like/approve of it, so he had Andrea arrested right on his wedding day. So, that's the same as the Count saving Eugenie, right? I mean, he knew that Andrea was planning to marry Eugenie (part of the plan), but it wasn't really something that was included in his revenge plot, since his target was her parents.

Same with Valentine's case being saved in the end, and Albert? Ever since the episode where he and the Count confronted each other, I thought that the Count originally had no intention of killing Albert, instead he wanted to leave him alone, let him hate him while finding a way to help his friends (because the Count knew very well that Albert was an innocent and naive person, in other words, a kind person). However, Albert challenged the Count with that mecha and sword, and that actually led to a death between them (the children). I think from the beginning the Count had planned to use them as pawns (especially Albert) but he didn't plan to harm them further because they weren't the target of his revenge. That's why Eugenie and Valentine were saved, right? So it's like, I don't hate the Count, I don't think he's a completely evil and demon one but he has to be like that so that everything he's worked for is not in vain. (I still wonder where all that wealth came from).

Still, Franz is the sharpest one here. I liked that he was friendly yet cautious. I'm still deeply saddened by his death, that letter only hurts my heart more T---T please don't make Franz's death a waste, Albert.

Aug 25, 2023 3:40 AM
Aug 2022
I need that jacket of Danglar in my life.

He literally tried to give his daughter to a motherfucker. Not worse than Albert though.
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Gankutsuou Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

TuzoAnime - Jun 13, 2008

173 by stationry »»
Apr 19, 9:36 AM

» About the Ending of Gankutsuou [Spoilers]

DeactivatedProbe - May 29, 2021

2 by scrapegoat »»
Feb 19, 10:34 AM

Poll: » Gankutsuou Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayro - Jun 14, 2008

94 by KuroGFX »»
Feb 6, 9:09 PM

Poll: » Gankutsuou Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

StabbyPWNS - Nov 3, 2008

120 by Leongolleyn »»
Dec 29, 2023 5:48 AM

Poll: » Gankutsuou Episode 13 Discussion

Mikiyo - Apr 8, 2009

45 by nicissad »»
Oct 5, 2023 10:56 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.