Forum Settings
Forums
New
What did you think of this chapter?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this chapter. If you want to discuss future events, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to read/download this chapter or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Manga Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 4, 2008 8:48 AM

Oct 2007
THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Lovely, i find it nice how "GOD" made them feel each other, both types... Makes me think that he is somehow an evil god, lol.
The ending had me though, i really though it was going to be those happy ending one shots and god was just ... i dunno, teasing them...
It got me when she was never coming back...
Nov 4, 2008 9:25 AM

Nov 2007
i really liked the story itself but the character designs were exactly the same as kimi no iru machi
direblissNov 4, 2008 12:05 PM
Nov 4, 2008 9:47 AM
Apr 2008
That was a really good one-shot. Kinda glad it wasn't a happy ending, its better this way.
edit: It sure touching as well ^^
Son1x-Nov 4, 2008 12:41 PM
Nov 4, 2008 5:29 PM

Sep 2008
The fact that she was already going to die was a twist..
It was a happy ending, seeing how now he knows there is a afterlife, and they will probably meet there.
Nov 4, 2008 9:10 PM

Sep 2008
enjoyed reading it, and the ending was sad/touching
Nov 4, 2008 9:22 PM
Jul 2018
It was really nice. The ending made me sad...

And god was an asshole! What a jerk...
Nov 4, 2008 10:31 PM
Aug 2007
Real nice oneshot

失去的愛情不能回來
Nov 5, 2008 2:48 AM
Nov 5, 2008 3:02 AM

Jan 2008
The premise was interesting, although the direction the author took made it highly predictable.

crazy_eights made a point regarding character designs, and I agree. Seo Kouji has that problem; you'll notice that he can only draw the same characters over and over (Suzuka, Kimi no Iru Machi). Still, the designs are nice, so it's not that bad a minus.

All in all, not a bad read considering its length.
Nov 5, 2008 7:42 AM

May 2007
Wooly said:
It was really nice. The ending made me sad...

And god was an asshole! What a jerk...

Lol. It was a good one shot story.
Nov 6, 2008 5:28 AM

May 2007
A very very good oneshot but really sad....reminded me of Orguss 02 and Type-Moon stuff such as Tsukihime and F/S-N.....truly bittersweet...these endings always mess me up. =( Loved it nonetheless!! XD =D
Nov 6, 2008 11:03 AM

Jan 2008
I think she was really happy at the end. God gave her chance to see what love means. And I think If she even could live she would still do the same as she done.

Don’t lose your way towards tomorrow,
don’t fear, now spread your wings.

Last.fm | GET CHU!
Nov 6, 2008 4:12 PM

Nov 2007
a truly sad story
enjoyed reading it thou

JW* Did yall read this from Onemanga?
Nov 6, 2008 5:38 PM

Aug 2008
Son1x- said:
That was a really good one-shot. Kinda glad it wasn't a happy ending, its better this way.
edit: It sure touching as well ^^
Samewise... it was a great ending.. sour-ish bittersweet... touching as a scorching flame hahahaha
Lazyfulness said:
The fact that she was already going to die was a twist..
It was a happy ending, seeing how now he knows there is a afterlife, and they will probably meet there.
I do agree... A nice twist... And well it all depends on him ne? If he believes in it he will if not then he won't as simple as that :P
Lisiak said:
I think she was really happy at the end. God gave her chance to see what love means. And I think If she even could live she would still do the same as she done.
Yep.... Wouldn't you? Really if I had to choose between keep on living by myself than giving another person a better life with my own life I would give it right away

Regarding the character designs, well I don't know 'cause i haven't read the manga you mention hehehehe... Besides that I think they are really cute and lovable...

Yes, I read it at www.onemanga.com
And attempt of ecchi was made, good that the author didn't give ecchi-ness to the one shot :P

Signs,
Green
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Nov 7, 2008 5:56 AM

Jan 2008
Lisiak said:
And at the same time, someone is burdened with the pain of lost love for the rest of his life.

It might not be true that the surviving party is better off. And, as suggested in earlier posts, the god might be a cruel one for offering such a choice.
Nov 8, 2008 5:46 AM

Sep 2008
Nice one-shot, somewhere in my mind though I want to see an anime or manga of this even around 5 to 8 chapters so we can see the details of the whole week.

Touching indeed. :)
Nov 8, 2008 6:04 AM
Oct 2008
if they felt each others feelings..wouldnt oe persons feelings be forced onto another person...like, she liked him and since he could feel her feelings liked her too??

lol, but i did enjoy this oneshot, sadd ending tho T__T
Nov 10, 2008 12:20 PM
Apr 2008
Yes, they knew what other person felt.
Nov 18, 2008 6:28 PM

Sep 2008
It was a happy ending, seeing how they will meet each other in the afterlife, and seeing how they KNOW there is a afterlife and a god...

God put them together in the first place, and made them BOTH feel love.
He gave her a chance at love, and the guy a another chance at life because he was supposed to have "died" from the truck.

This was a happy ending veiled as a sad ending..
I liked the "depth" of the story..
Dec 26, 2008 9:21 AM

Jan 2008
Lazyfulness said:
I liked the "depth" of the story..

I agree, the depth of the story was wonderful.

It was a pretty interesting one-shot and a sweet one at that. Yuuki only had half a life and was meant to live at the hospital and most likely die there - but God gave her a chance to experience love and live a different live for a week. Whereas Shinichi died by getting hit with the truck, but gained love and was given a chance to fulfill his dream and Yuuki's as well.

The ending was actually unexpected for me -- I thought that since both of them were willing to give up their lives for the other --> God would excuse them and let them both live.

A great one-shot :)

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-
Dec 30, 2008 5:58 AM

Feb 2008
As i read all of your replies, i felt like i was in the wrong thread.

TBH, i saw that ending coming halfway through the chapter. Kinda meh for me but that's probably just me.
Feb 8, 2009 2:30 AM

Oct 2007
I loved this oneshot, i was also pretty shocked by the ending. I was expecting a pretty happy-go-lucky, win-win type situation in the end.
Feb 12, 2009 4:53 AM

Oct 2008
cute oneshot
Jun 15, 2009 11:24 AM
Jan 2009
Sad ending. :(
But at least she was happy.
Jul 14, 2009 3:05 PM

Nov 2008
Sad ending to a excellent oneshot
Jul 15, 2009 7:15 PM

May 2009
Sei Kouji definitely knows how to express romance! great oneshot
Sep 3, 2009 5:27 AM

Aug 2009
a pretty story..
a happy ending but sad..

"Perhaps the distant part of the sky always seems clearest, so that we will always strive to reach it."

chiquit

Nov 18, 2009 8:54 AM

May 2009
Nice one shot.
The ending was touching, it was happy but sad at the same time.
Nov 19, 2009 1:33 PM

Feb 2008
it was a nice read
Dec 8, 2009 9:58 PM

Jun 2008
Good, enjoyable, but predictable.

hugging six rabbits and having pink nightmares
Dec 29, 2009 10:41 AM

Jun 2009
OMG that was very sad and I feel the goosebumps at the end part, it feels like you had read long chapters for just a short while, and 1 week full of love and happiness was just sad yet amazing
ZinvyDec 29, 2009 8:07 PM
Live well - Laugh often - and Love much

Dec 29, 2009 8:54 PM

Jul 2009
Predictable yes..i mean one of them will die eventually
Sad one shot..great atmosphere
Jan 9, 2010 5:31 PM

Jun 2009
It was a sad, but great story! So touching... I loved it very much! ^_^
Don't belive in yourself! Belive in me who belives in you! (TTGL) XD ...LOVE and PEACE!! ^_^
May 26, 2010 10:58 PM

May 2010
It is great but too bad the story is short.
T-T
Jun 6, 2010 6:47 AM
May 2010
A really nice one-shot , I enjoyed reading it.
Really liked the twist at the end of it as well.
Sep 24, 2010 5:48 PM

Feb 2010
Interesting concept but poorly played... what a cheap, cop-out ending.
Nov 15, 2010 3:13 AM
Mar 2010
this was such a sad one shot. i was expecting the guy to give up his life. I never expected that plot twist at all
Dec 30, 2010 1:58 PM

Mar 2010
This should have been longer, because it didn't look like she was really sick or something. So i gave it a 9 :D
May 10, 2011 9:15 AM

Dec 2010
Great story for a one-shot, Its kinda awesome that the author was able to stuffed in all the emotions into a one-shot to make us readers to actually feel it, as one-shots usually doesn't end up well due to a limited 40 pages.

<3 Like it though its making me sad at the ending, ><
Gomu Gomu No~!!! JETTO PISTOOORUU!!!
*Guy flying away ( And i mean REAL FAR AWAY )*
EPIC WIN XDDD
Jun 6, 2011 7:34 AM

May 2011
some time sad ending will make u remember it for along time if it is good ending than it not great at all i give it 9
Jun 6, 2011 7:44 AM

May 2011
Well some time you need to read sad ening because always happy ending is not fun at all.Sad ending make you remember it more than happy ending but i like this ending she still a live but a live in his heart igive it a 9
Jul 18, 2011 4:48 PM

Feb 2011
sad ending indeed.

but i did like the concept.
Aug 10, 2011 10:24 AM

Jan 2009
good story...sad ending is just the impact although it was obvious
Aug 29, 2011 1:53 PM

May 2011
Such a beautiful story with an unexpected finale. I really thought that the guy was going to give up his own life or that they both would somehow emerge alive as a twist, which might have been better. However, the pieces do fit together in her letter, as she explained how she had just run away from the hospital, probably meaning that she had just received the news, which is also the reason Sanada Yuuki did not go home, and she lied about her family planning a trip with a friend.

Man, there were so many openings for fan-service, but the author made extremely little use of them, partly I guess because of space restrictions, but still, her suggestion of the nude portrait was not bad; I was thinking the same thing. When she touched herself and he could feel it, too, the situation was both sexy and disturbing. How could Nagakawa sleep, though? I would be thinking about ways to drug her on the seventh by any means possible in order to save her. Well, it was unintentional. The deal with "god"/"the voice" was not really well-followed through; it should be that they both deciding or at least be conscious. What, she just prayed at midnight? Plus, I figured she would kiss Shin-ichi on the mouth, that is if they did not have sex. What is up with the half-assed cheek kiss while he was sleeping. Was that all the action he got?

By the way, to the one that complained about this, she did not have to look that sick just because she was going to die half a year later; she was obviously in early stage. Nagakawa got to observe Sanada only for a week, excluding bath and sleep times, whereas the reader could see much less than that, not to mention it was never made clear as to what type of illness she had. Besides, it was a change from the "cough-cough-I-feel-bad" kind of situation that usually takes place in other stories.

I do not think the last two pages were translated well, though. Nagakawa Shin-ichi was the one talking in the frames, right? Whom was he talking about when he said, "'they' both can aim for the same dream," then, "and 'we' can advance one step at a time for our dream"? Also, who said and what did he mean by "please bring our emotions together!! Yet another questionnaire" at the very end? I assume that "prize is Nagakawa Shin-ichi" means he won an award for his painting of Yuuki? These Red Hawk Scanlations are really crappy; I hope they did not get to screw up The World God Only Knows, too.
SeijurouAug 29, 2011 2:02 PM
"Giving one's name to someone about to die is meaningless." - Hiko Seijuurou
"There are no miracles in this world; there are only accidents, inevitabilities, and what you are going to do. That is it." - Himura Yuu
"A sword is a weapon. Swordsmanship is learning how to kill. No pretty words you say will change that." - Hiko Seijuurou
Sep 18, 2013 3:33 AM

Apr 2009
Nayah said:
As i read all of your replies, i felt like i was in the wrong thread.

TBH, i saw that ending coming halfway through the chapter. Kinda meh for me but that's probably just me.

This.
Jan 29, 2023 6:50 AM
Feb 2012
   While there are certainly some creative ideas and moments here, overall this one-shot feels pretty weak. I think its biggest problem is it's just too small for the intended scope of the story. A lot of rather important things are left in the background and there is no natural progression to the protagonists' relationships. It's one of those stories where characters end up together because the plot wants them to.
    There is one merit in reading this one, is that you can see how a decade later the same story will be expanded with an entire series. But aside from that, there is just not much to talk about and this one-shot is safe to be skipped entirely.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Love Letter Chapter 1 Discussion

Zinvy - May 19, 2010

5 by blessofcurse »»
Jul 7, 2015 10:46 AM

Poll: » Azusa Chapter 1 Discussion

CrimsonSilver4 - Jul 30, 2014

3 by blessofcurse »»
Jul 7, 2015 10:34 AM

Poll: » Love Letter Chapter 2 Discussion

AlexSadist-sama - Jun 2, 2011

5 by blessofcurse »»
Jul 7, 2015 10:09 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.