MyAnimeList.net

Manga Information
Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Half & Half Chapter 1 Discussion
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Manga Discussion »» Series Discussion »» Love Letter »» Half & Half Chapter 1 Discussion

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
View Poll Results: Half & Half Chapter 1 Discussion
5 out of 5: Loved it!

43 75.44%
4 out of 5: Liked it

11 19.30%
3 out of 5: It was OK

3 5.26%
2 out of 5: Disliked it

0.00%
1 out of 5: Hated it

0.00%
Voters: 57

11-04-08, 8:48 AM

THIS IS AN MANGA ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS ANYTHING BEYOND THIS CHAPTER.
----------------------------------------
Lovely, i find it nice how "GOD" made them feel each other, both types... Makes me think that he is somehow an evil god, lol.
The ending had me though, i really though it was going to be those happy ending one shots and god was just ... i dunno, teasing them...
It got me when she was never coming back...

11-04-08, 9:25 AM

i really liked the story itself but the character designs were exactly the same as kimi no iru machi
Modified by crazy_eights, 11-04-08, 12:05 PM

11-04-08, 9:47 AM

That was a really good one-shot. Kinda glad it wasn't a happy ending, its better this way.
edit: It sure touching as well ^^
Modified by Son1x-, 11-04-08, 12:41 PM

11-04-08, 5:29 PM

The fact that she was already going to die was a twist..
It was a happy ending, seeing how now he knows there is a afterlife, and they will probably meet there.

11-04-08, 9:10 PM

enjoyed reading it, and the ending was sad/touching

11-04-08, 9:22 PM

It was really nice. The ending made me sad...

And god was an asshole! What a jerk...

11-04-08, 10:31 PM

Real nice oneshot

失去的愛情不能回來

11-05-08, 2:48 AM

good one shot. Love the ending

11-05-08, 3:02 AM

The premise was interesting, although the direction the author took made it highly predictable.

crazy_eights made a point regarding character designs, and I agree. Seo Kouji has that problem; you'll notice that he can only draw the same characters over and over (Suzuka, Kimi no Iru Machi). Still, the designs are nice, so it's not that bad a minus.

All in all, not a bad read considering its length.

11-05-08, 7:42 AM

Wooly said:
It was really nice. The ending made me sad...

And god was an asshole! What a jerk...

Lol. It was a good one shot story.

11-06-08, 5:28 AM

A very very good oneshot but really sad....reminded me of Orguss 02 and Type-Moon stuff such as Tsukihime and F/S-N.....truly bittersweet...these endings always mess me up. =( Loved it nonetheless!! XD =D

11-06-08, 11:03 AM

I think she was really happy at the end. God gave her chance to see what love means. And I think If she even could live she would still do the same as she done.

Don’t lose your way towards tomorrow,
don’t fear, now spread your wings.

Last.fm | GET CHU!

11-06-08, 4:12 PM

a truly sad story
enjoyed reading it thou

JW* Did yall read this from Onemanga?

11-06-08, 5:38 PM

Son1x- said:
That was a really good one-shot. Kinda glad it wasn't a happy ending, its better this way.
edit: It sure touching as well ^^
Samewise... it was a great ending.. sour-ish bittersweet... touching as a scorching flame hahahaha
Lazyfulness said:
The fact that she was already going to die was a twist..
It was a happy ending, seeing how now he knows there is a afterlife, and they will probably meet there.
I do agree... A nice twist... And well it all depends on him ne? If he believes in it he will if not then he won't as simple as that :P
Lisiak said:
I think she was really happy at the end. God gave her chance to see what love means. And I think If she even could live she would still do the same as she done.
Yep.... Wouldn't you? Really if I had to choose between keep on living by myself than giving another person a better life with my own life I would give it right away

Regarding the character designs, well I don't know 'cause i haven't read the manga you mention hehehehe... Besides that I think they are really cute and lovable...

Yes, I read it at www.onemanga.com
And attempt of ecchi was made, good that the author didn't give ecchi-ness to the one shot :P

Signs,
Green

11-07-08, 5:56 AM

Lisiak said:
And at the same time, someone is burdened with the pain of lost love for the rest of his life.

It might not be true that the surviving party is better off. And, as suggested in earlier posts, the god might be a cruel one for offering such a choice.

11-08-08, 5:46 AM

Nice one-shot, somewhere in my mind though I want to see an anime or manga of this even around 5 to 8 chapters so we can see the details of the whole week.

Touching indeed. :)

11-08-08, 6:04 AM

if they felt each others feelings..wouldnt oe persons feelings be forced onto another person...like, she liked him and since he could feel her feelings liked her too??

lol, but i did enjoy this oneshot, sadd ending tho T__T

11-10-08, 12:20 PM

Yes, they knew what other person felt.

11-18-08, 6:28 PM

It was a happy ending, seeing how they will meet each other in the afterlife, and seeing how they KNOW there is a afterlife and a god...

God put them together in the first place, and made them BOTH feel love.
He gave her a chance at love, and the guy a another chance at life because he was supposed to have "died" from the truck.

This was a happy ending veiled as a sad ending..
I liked the "depth" of the story..

12-26-08, 9:21 AM

Lazyfulness said:
I liked the "depth" of the story..

I agree, the depth of the story was wonderful.

It was a pretty interesting one-shot and a sweet one at that. Yuuki only had half a life and was meant to live at the hospital and most likely die there - but God gave her a chance to experience love and live a different live for a week. Whereas Shinichi died by getting hit with the truck, but gained love and was given a chance to fulfill his dream and Yuuki's as well.

The ending was actually unexpected for me -- I thought that since both of them were willing to give up their lives for the other --> God would excuse them and let them both live.

A great one-shot :)

Amazing sig set thanks to -DraGonZ-

Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices