Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]
Jan 3, 2015 6:15 PM

Jun 2013
This episode is... lol.
So Yuuta helps Rikka in her studies.
In the end, her math result is poor but at least she's above average.
Apr 29, 2015 5:18 PM

Jun 2013
This episode reminded me why I hate math, I've never been good at it. As the characters were struggling with the math throughout the episode, I was reminded of myself and how bad I'd do on all my math tests in school if I didn't study. I think I found my new favorite anime! The characters are very relateable!
Jun 16, 2015 7:18 AM
May 2012
Awww, poor Rikka :/ I am glad she passed her math exam :D
I hate math, but I'll be taking accountancy. My life is full of irony.
Yuuta is awesome!!
Aug 17, 2015 5:27 AM

Jan 2015
Touka teaching how to ruin a man's life to a child... Bitch points increasing to max !

At least the episode was quite cute. Still debating whether this can be considered a mental illness or not.
HapHazrDAug 17, 2015 5:33 AM
Sep 21, 2015 2:34 PM

Jan 2014
Rikka was as cute as always :3
Okay, I thought Rikka looked like Lelouch when she first showed them her room,
but Yuuta looked way more like him now, haha xD
Oct 10, 2015 7:37 AM

Oct 2013
Lulu-Yuuta ftw. Rikka is so cute I can't stand it.

that NGE reference at the very beginning lel

Discord: the.path.to.pathos
RateYourMusic
last.fm
Oct 28, 2015 9:13 AM
Jul 2014
Best representation of the series? Really, pretty much every character had a classic moment, the episode had a good weight of silly shenanigans while also providing some heavy heart (Rikka's loneliness exposed), and a light nod to romance. episode starts with a classic Dekomori/Nibutani moment, and ends with a classic Rikka/Yuuta moment. Loved it
Oct 5, 2016 10:00 PM
Towel Attendant

Dec 2014
I liked the realistic house play with Tooka and Yuuta's little sister.....divorce and child custody...LOL. Tooka = Best Girl for me.

Dec 27, 2016 4:02 PM

Sep 2015
I just found a new way to study for math. Thanks!
Feb 13, 2017 12:35 PM

Feb 2015
Wow, it took to the end of the 5th episode for the main character to do something cool. He's just way more fun when he's playing his alter ego. Hopefully, there will be more of this.
May 14, 2017 5:19 AM

Dec 2013
That smile at the end was glorious!
Aug 29, 2017 7:33 AM

Dec 2015
It would be pretty hilarious if they 'let out' Dark Flame Master for an episode or so.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Oct 6, 2017 11:53 PM

Sep 2013
Sanae's laugh was epic!

I'm level on mal-badges. View my badges.
Nov 16, 2017 2:54 PM

Nov 2017
This episode was just too cute near the end. Ships are sailing.
Nov 29, 2017 7:29 PM

Jan 2014
Rikka's backstory is what makes this so interesting.

The ED is really badass, but part of me cringes at how stereotypical us teens can be lmao.. "Where is my identity?" ...Where is it, indeed.

Three things cannot be long hidden..
...the s u n, the m oo n, and the tr u th.

Apr 1, 2018 4:46 PM

Sep 2017

I think that the anime is shipping Nibutani and Dekomori together. Also, the episode was more romantic with Yuuta helping solve Rikka's problems. I was truly happy when they managed to score above average.

Also, this quote:"Vanishment this world". Really seems to stick to me.

Also the part about"Don't make a valid argument" and realistic "house". That was funny.

Overall, nice episode.

Without change,we end up becoming the very person we hate.

I was dead until the moment I met you. I was a powerless corpse pretending to be alive. Living without power, without the ability to change my course, was bound to lead me to a slow death.

May 13, 2018 7:38 AM

Apr 2013
I loled hard when they mentioned 300% in Smash Brothers xD

So far:
Yuuta makes no sense to me since he tries to distance himself from chuunibyou but still hangs around with them.
Rikka is just delusioned.
Dekomori seems even more delusioned.
That napping girl is pretty boring.
Not sure about Nibutani yet though, sometimes she seems like a bitch and other times just like the only smart one of them.
Jan 24, 2019 7:18 PM

Jun 2015
oh man yuuta is definitely gonna fall in love with rikka and have a good old chuunibyou romance
Jan 29, 2019 11:36 AM

May 2016
Best episode yet. Easily 5/5 after the lot of 3/5 episodes.
-
Sep 5, 2019 8:49 AM
Sep 2019
This episode was really cute!

It started off weird though but the Rikka and Yuta scenes were nice. Especially at 16 min+ -- the scene in the kitchen, when they exchanged emails -- was sooo romantic! I think I will ship them from now on.
Nov 25, 2019 9:21 PM

May 2017
Who voted 2 and 1 ?! Ppl must be blind lol

Im starting to have a "thing" for yuuta mother -_-"
Loli world is just a cute world full of cute meat

May 19, 2020 11:48 AM

Mar 2020
Rikka really let your heart melt !
[url=https://myanimelist.net/animelist/Scuderia1615&sclick=1]
May 25, 2020 2:12 PM

Jul 2019
this is great so far, i thought the mc would make it very annoying with his willing to forget his chuuni days
Aug 16, 2020 3:47 AM

Oct 2016
Loved that episode, I see Yuuta has called upon his former self LELOUCH VI BRITTANIA in giving that code. And of course Rikka's reaction is adorable .
Aug 26, 2020 6:15 PM

Aug 2018
Dark Flame Master vs Lelouch vi Britannia needs to be happen
Dec 8, 2020 9:08 PM

Jan 2019
Oh memories of high school math tests, and somehow feeling better when the entire class does shit.

Rikka's older sister is interesting. There's a lot of characters to develop, but I hope we get more insight into her.

And holy moly that smile at the end, can't imagine one I'd want to protect more.
Feb 26, 2021 12:43 PM

Jan 2021
I never realised before that maths needs dark powers to be solved XD
Mar 23, 2021 6:52 PM
Jul 2020
Wholesome ending owo
Apr 29, 2021 9:06 AM

Jun 2016
Yuuta and Rikka bonded more than usual this episode. It was very heartwarming to see Rikka smile at the end. We must protect that smile. Another average episode, with the animation and art remaining great as usual.

That pool scene tho, hot damn, I liked that for sure. They all looked so kawaii, especially Rikka. Never mind all that tho, I'm here hoping there's a the imouto becomes jealous angle, lol. Please become true.
A-Simple-SquireSep 8, 2021 5:58 PM

May 13, 2021 9:32 AM

Jun 2020
Rikka is having a hard time studying especially math I mean it's math what do you expect, Their club is on the line do your best Rikka!

Very amusing to see how Rikka really studies but at the same time her chuuni kicks in every now and then, Swimsuits I love to see that anytime they look so good with those swimsuits it just really fits them well Rikka and Nibutani has some nice curves, A little bit of a home study with Yuuta and still Rikka doesn't change how she is in school compared to how she acts in her house as well, Rikka looks so lonely when her sister just returns home late

But in the end, she passed well I guess she passed by luck by having the average lower lol, istg I won't get tired of these Rikka noises as Yuuta forgot what Rikka is talking about her custom protocol code she just made a quite sad noise and I won't ever get tired of hearing that, Yuuta showed a little chuuni himself which I think Rikka deserves to see him like that very fun to see their relationship grow more and more this episode it just keeps getting better each episode progresses.
Jul 13, 2021 11:55 PM

Aug 2019
nice to see Yuuta starting to like being around Rikka
Aug 8, 2021 3:14 AM

Jun 2021
Rikka is having a hard time studying especially math I mean it's math what do you expect, Their club is on the line do your best Rikka!

Very amusing to see how Rikka really studies but at the same time her chuuni kicks in every now and then, Swimsuits I love to see that anytime they look so good with those swimsuits it just really fits them well Rikka and Nibutani has some nice curves, A little bit of a home study with Yuuta and still Rikka doesn't change how she is in school compared to how she acts in her house as well, Rikka looks so lonely when her sister just returns home late

But in the end, she passed well I guess she passed by luck by having the average lower lol, istg I won't get tired of these Rikka noises as Yuuta forgot what Rikka is talking about her custom protocol code she just made a quite sad noise and I won't ever get tired of hearing that, Yuuta showed a little chuuni himself which I think Rikka deserves to see him like that very fun to see their relationship grow more and more this episode it just keeps getting better each episode progresses.
I'm gonna sit down here and watch them do it
Jul 16, 2022 6:37 AM
May 2022
Damn I got addicted to this series, I will stop for now. I have advice guys, never watch an Anime in one day, you will regret it, I am telling you. I rather divide it into the next days, and whenever I have some free time and or feel like it, I watch 1 or 2 episodes.
Jul 22, 2022 10:06 PM
Oct 2019
I feel like this was a great blend of chuni and slice of life, without going excessively chuni

If it can stay like that I might really enjoy this
Jul 31, 2022 8:02 AM

Jan 2013
Too damn cute, absolutely loving this series so far.
The chemistry is fantastic and the jokes are clever and actually funny too ^^
Mar 4, 2023 8:17 AM

Aug 2022
That last scene was really cute.
Jun 15, 2023 2:00 AM

Nov 2022
It is kind of back to normal I guess.
Buy my awesome BDSM male domination book here  https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/1174760

Visit my Discord https://discord.com/channels/1047490147794550844/1047490149161898039 I am not there most of the time but you can leave a message.

Or my blog here https://BDSMAnime.blogspot.com/
Or here https://BDSMAnime18.blogspot.com/

Submit to me and become my subject here https://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=88107
Aug 3, 2023 7:33 PM
Jun 2021
greenmush said:
OMG DARK FLAME MASTER!!!! GIVE ME AN ADDRESS TOO !
I know so cool right!
Sep 15, 2023 6:24 AM

Aug 2019
i cant. i wanted to rewatch this but the twintail kid is one the worst characters ive seen in anime so far and i dont want to watch the rest of the show while holding down shift so i can skip the ends of her sentences

HiljainenSipuliSep 15, 2023 6:43 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 15, 2023 6:40 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to LadyLeeMing
Who voted 2 and 1 ?! Ppl must be blind lol

Im starting to have a "thing" for yuuta mother -_-"
@LadyLeeMing me. i voted 1.
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Sep 17, 2023 1:44 AM

May 2017
Reply to HiljainenSipuli
@LadyLeeMing me. i voted 1.
@HiljainenSipuli it wasnt a real question

Almost 60 anime droped out of 300...i guess you’re one of thoses that get paid to watch anime and have to give low score sometimes

Sep 17, 2023 10:22 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to LadyLeeMing
@HiljainenSipuli it wasnt a real question

Almost 60 anime droped out of 300...i guess you’re one of thoses that get paid to watch anime and have to give low score sometimes
@LadyLeeMing i drop a show if i dont like it or if i lose interest midway through as i see no reason to continue watching if i dislike it or have no interest in it. sometimes i just forget to watch a show for weeks or longer and then its hard to get back in so ill drop it instead.
you on the other hand have a bunch of lowly rated shows assumably because you endured through garbage shows for who knows what reason. (also ill have to question you rating bloom into you a 5 >:D)

i wish i would get paid for watching anime :D though watching anime as a job sounds like the best way to start hating anime.
Sep 17, 2023 6:29 PM

May 2017
Reply to HiljainenSipuli
@LadyLeeMing i drop a show if i dont like it or if i lose interest midway through as i see no reason to continue watching if i dislike it or have no interest in it. sometimes i just forget to watch a show for weeks or longer and then its hard to get back in so ill drop it instead.
you on the other hand have a bunch of lowly rated shows assumably because you endured through garbage shows for who knows what reason. (also ill have to question you rating bloom into you a 5 >:D)

i wish i would get paid for watching anime :D though watching anime as a job sounds like the best way to start hating anime.
@HiljainenSipuli
I also have anime that ive stoped for more than 5 years , either cause health problem or cause the anime was so good that i didnt want it to end untill i have the perfect monitor to watch it

There a 3 animes where i wanted to drop them , madoka magica cause i was only at ep2 and i was boring , then once i reached ep3 it was so good that i couldnt even stop , top 10 of my animes
Monogatari , when i first watched it , i had no knowledge about japan gods , about japan way to do things , and the graphics disnt help , so i wanted to stop but i felt like , i could miss something interessting , should be top 10 soon
Then da capo , 5 seasons i have hated , usualy i either dont like an anime , or wish ive never watched it , but hating an anime is a first , yet last season was great !

I think ive only droped 1 anime , but i actualy didnt start it

Yeah i give low score to what i think deserve my low score

But at least i can say that ive watched the whole anime and yet i couldnt like it , in your case its more like you started madoka and droped this masterpiece ep2

« Bloom into you » if i remember well , there wasnt enough things to like/dislike it , so i couldnt like it or dislike if , thats why i give it the most average score

You say you drop show cause bored or no time or things like that but , in what kind of case you start season 1 of an anime , drop it , then start season 2 , drop it , then s3 and drop it ? To love ru

Sep 18, 2023 10:00 AM

Aug 2019
Reply to LadyLeeMing
@HiljainenSipuli
I also have anime that ive stoped for more than 5 years , either cause health problem or cause the anime was so good that i didnt want it to end untill i have the perfect monitor to watch it

There a 3 animes where i wanted to drop them , madoka magica cause i was only at ep2 and i was boring , then once i reached ep3 it was so good that i couldnt even stop , top 10 of my animes
Monogatari , when i first watched it , i had no knowledge about japan gods , about japan way to do things , and the graphics disnt help , so i wanted to stop but i felt like , i could miss something interessting , should be top 10 soon
Then da capo , 5 seasons i have hated , usualy i either dont like an anime , or wish ive never watched it , but hating an anime is a first , yet last season was great !

I think ive only droped 1 anime , but i actualy didnt start it

Yeah i give low score to what i think deserve my low score

But at least i can say that ive watched the whole anime and yet i couldnt like it , in your case its more like you started madoka and droped this masterpiece ep2

« Bloom into you » if i remember well , there wasnt enough things to like/dislike it , so i couldnt like it or dislike if , thats why i give it the most average score

You say you drop show cause bored or no time or things like that but , in what kind of case you start season 1 of an anime , drop it , then start season 2 , drop it , then s3 and drop it ? To love ru
@LadyLeeMing
putting a show on hold because you want to wait until you have the perfect monitor sounds extremely weird to me.

you hated 5 seasons of da capo yet continued watching? how did you do that.

how can you drop it if you havent picked it up yet (:

maybe im just more generous with my scoring or just that i drop a show easier thus never rating it.

i originally did drop madoka like half way through but went back to watch it from the beginning some years later because of how praised the show was and yes it was great. have been thinking of rewatching it someday soon.

makes sense actually. i just think 5 is a low number meaning that its bad when actually it being 5 out of 10 means "average" or "okay".
very rarely i score a 5 as usually even if the show is just okay there is some element or thing that ups it to 6 "fine" or i literally say "it was fine" after finishing a show and give it a 6

ah to love ru was when i was getting into watching anime knowing that it was anime but i dont think my english skills were good enough to know what season i was watching so i probably watched a few eps of s3 got obviously confused ended up looking at s2 just to get confused again and when i finally got to s1 i didnt feel like continuing. and when i made this account i just set them all as dropped because of that. ive actually been wanting to properly watch that show but from the little i remember the mc is really annoying.
Sep 19, 2023 2:27 AM

May 2017
Reply to HiljainenSipuli
@LadyLeeMing
putting a show on hold because you want to wait until you have the perfect monitor sounds extremely weird to me.

you hated 5 seasons of da capo yet continued watching? how did you do that.

how can you drop it if you havent picked it up yet (:

maybe im just more generous with my scoring or just that i drop a show easier thus never rating it.

i originally did drop madoka like half way through but went back to watch it from the beginning some years later because of how praised the show was and yes it was great. have been thinking of rewatching it someday soon.

makes sense actually. i just think 5 is a low number meaning that its bad when actually it being 5 out of 10 means "average" or "okay".
very rarely i score a 5 as usually even if the show is just okay there is some element or thing that ups it to 6 "fine" or i literally say "it was fine" after finishing a show and give it a 6

ah to love ru was when i was getting into watching anime knowing that it was anime but i dont think my english skills were good enough to know what season i was watching so i probably watched a few eps of s3 got obviously confused ended up looking at s2 just to get confused again and when i finally got to s1 i didnt feel like continuing. and when i made this account i just set them all as dropped because of that. ive actually been wanting to properly watch that show but from the little i remember the mc is really annoying.
@HiljainenSipuli if my monitor doesnt render all the colors and quality of the bluray , its almost like not watching bluray
And i feel like each colors that are wrong are actualy missing , so its like im missing something important , i also plan to buy good speakers , most are either loud or have poor quality so its hard to find
And i usualy wait at least 5 years anyway , to see if the anime get a season 2 , if it does , im waiting for the bluray , if it doesnt i can watch the season 1 knowing the episode 13 will be the last

Da capo i think ive rated it 3 or 4 , maybe even 2 , not only it had nothing interesting except graphics , but all the characters were boring , and so anoying that i just couldnt keep the 5/10 , there was too many bad things and not enough good one
But i keep watching untill the end , else i feel like ive missed something important

Dragon ball...well ive kind of « started it » but not the usual way , i was on my grand mother house 25 years ago , and she put that on tv , i was there watching this cause my father was drunk so i didnt want to move , the characters started the episode by charging an attack , talking each other , and the episode ended and they were still charging it , i hated that
15 years later , ive noticed this anime was actualy liked by many , so i checked the characters , and some pictures , and it seems i would watch this only for the cute girl that doesnt have underwear and the old guy watching her lol

You did droped madoka and come back , and you liked it so much that you plan to watch it again ! Its the proof that you should never drop an anime unless (like me) you actualy didnt want to start it cause you know you cant like it
Watch the 2 first madoka movie instead of the 10 episode of the 1st season , its a lot diferent , it look the same , sound the same , but most of the time , they changed graphics and musics , they added many , they added some parts , idk why they removed the introduction of the ep1 , but outside of this , its just a better version

I think my usual rating is 7 , mainly cause im focusing what i know i will like , so i guess you could call it the average rating , In that case 5/10 is poor rating , it had good thing and bad things
The way i rate thing are quite easy , its all about how i feel
if i can watch an anime without liking something about it , but without geting anoyed , its a 5
if i halfly get anoyed by something but also halfly like other things , its still a 5
If theres more anoying things that good one , it goes under 5
The more i like thing more than hate others , Im easy to satisfy so most of my anime are higher than 5

Usualy if the anime have a character that look good , even if hes anoying , i would still rate it more than 2 , and i watch anime only if theres a character that look good

So theres usualy no 2/10 anime on my list , and if theres a 1 , its most likely cause i did a big mistake watching it

And the same way , reaching 9 usualy isnt hapening , its only when the show is visualy perfect but theres something missing to reach 10 , and 10 is perfect , better than expected , better than what i would expect to be perfect , I think i have only 2/3 anime rated 10 , madoka , evagelion , i plan to put monogatari and date a live once ive finished them and to love ru will probably be there too once i started it lol

I understand about the to love ru anime , since its more like 2 parralel anime than a single one , and it seems you’re droping almost every harem with a boring MC , to love ru is the same , its actualy one if the most liked harem with a boring mc
In my case i realy like thoses harem with boring mc , they focus on the cute girls , and the mc being boring can be used to make the girls look better
Theres anime lately with a strong mc , but i tried some and the mc just steal the show , the girls get less screen time , are less important , they like him cause hes handsome rather than something else

Theres some harem that managed to make the mc good without stealing the girl screentime , date a live , nyaruko (cant remember the full name) , shinmai maou , high school dxd , and some other that i cant remember the name at all , but there arent a lot

Oct 12, 2023 9:39 AM
May 2021
Oh Man this anime is too much hilarious 🤣 & that last scene was really wholesome
Oct 22, 2023 6:07 PM

Sep 2023
Reply to A-Simple-Squire
Yuuta and Rikka bonded more than usual this episode. It was very heartwarming to see Rikka smile at the end. We must protect that smile. Another average episode, with the animation and art remaining great as usual.

That pool scene tho, hot damn, I liked that for sure. They all looked so kawaii, especially Rikka. Never mind all that tho, I'm here hoping there's a the imouto becomes jealous angle, lol. Please become true.
@A-Simple-Squire
Yesss jealous little sis would be super awesome. However oddly enough, although I love lolis, rikka's older sis is hot.
Dec 9, 2023 8:37 AM

Nov 2023
Lmao that was fun anime episode
Feb 12, 10:06 AM

Jul 2016
Learning that only Rikka's sister and Dekomori acknowledge her existence hit a little too close to home. That was kinda sad but I can't stop smiling over how wholesome that ending is. Dark Flame Master is a real one.

Also, was half-expecting Rikka to straight up tell Yuuta do crap on the test on purpose to give her a bigger safety net as a joke but that ended up sort of actually happening lol
Pages (7) « First ... « 5 6 [7]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

672 by Ne-mo »»
Apr 20, 1:40 PM

» What would've happened to Rika if Yuuta hadn't reached out to her at the end of the season 1 finale

Soibi - Mar 10

7 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 17, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2012

323 by Zimmu »»
Mar 13, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2012

431 by Devonnius »»
Feb 25, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 12, 2012

489 by FarCritical »»
Feb 22, 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.