Forum Settings
Forums
New
Nov 4, 2008 7:16 AM

Jul 2007
I've been testing MalU with W7 today, it seems to be running flawless. If you happen to test it and find some problems with it, post here. This will make Malu 100% ready for W7 when it's released.

http://i38.tinypic.com/ekria1.jpg
AkariChanFeb 11, 2009 1:49 AM
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »
Nov 4, 2008 8:10 AM

Jul 2007
Oh my god that taskbar is scary. D:
Nov 4, 2008 8:42 PM

Jul 2008
lol... if only i have the hd space to try out 7 beta's... ^^
Nov 4, 2008 8:45 PM

Jan 2008
asandari said:
Lol, yeah it does look scary.
aeroNov 6, 2008 6:35 PM
Nov 5, 2008 5:42 PM

Oct 2008
it looks sad so what 7 have thats going to be better?
Lucky-Star-6"TIMOTEI, TIMOTEI, TIMOTEI"

Nov 6, 2008 6:59 AM

Feb 2008
wow.. nice ;D lol it's funny that MAL works on W7^^
Nov 6, 2008 10:01 AM

Feb 2008
It's future-proof!

asandari said:

Yeah. >.<
Nov 7, 2008 7:31 AM

Aug 2006
Future-proof? No way!
Man...if they say Vista needs 4Gigs of RAM to run smoothly and I only have 1...Imagine how much W7 will need . orz new computer....

Nov 7, 2008 7:39 AM

Sep 2007
Velcor said:
Future-proof? No way!
Man...if they say Vista needs 4Gigs of RAM to run smoothly and I only have 1...Imagine how much W7 will need . orz new computer....

Actually Vista works on 1Gb RAM too... not perfect, but still fine :P
Nov 7, 2008 7:41 AM

Jul 2007
Velcor said:
Future-proof? No way!

No reason to have such low amounts of ram nowadays

Nov 7, 2008 8:57 AM

Feb 2008
Velcor said:
Future-proof? No way!

What I mean is that MALU is future-proof.
Nov 7, 2008 9:11 PM

Jan 2008
I'm wondering how you got the betas.

Did you receive them from Microsoft or did you download then through torrents?
Nov 17, 2008 6:54 AM

Jul 2008
Stef-san said:
wow.. nice ;D lol it's funny that MAL works on W7^^

malu will work on 7... 'cause vista and 7 has the same kernel/s used... only thing is... 7 as the hype says... is much better in terms of performance and smaller footprint than vista... ^^
Nov 17, 2008 1:40 PM

Jul 2007
From what I hear Windows 7 has no performance boosts, it just looks faster because of the way it prioritizes tasks. Well, just what I hear, anyways.
Nov 17, 2008 7:48 PM

Jul 2008
we just don't know... hehehe... it's still on it's beta stages... the waiting game is on... ^^
Nov 18, 2008 7:33 AM

Feb 2008
I'd imagine that there is slight differences in prioritizing. Just to give a feel of what the non-beta release would be like, basically everything at this point would be superficial...

Until the real version comes out at least. I've updated to messenger 9 beta, no problems... but it seems like its been overhauled, when it probably hasn't.

we just don't know yet, but thats what I believe.
Nov 22, 2008 2:03 AM

Aug 2007
tried it - MALU is 98% working on my W7

W7 = hmm... why did I exactly use Vista for?
Microsoft's becoming like Apple.. They release new versions [Windows and iPod] too often before they ensure it's near to perfect.
Jan 1, 2009 11:50 AM

Feb 2008
OF course they would release things before its perfect, otherwise why would you want to upgrade? XD

Windows 7 build 7000 which is reported to be the actual beta has been leaked to torrents last week, omg its fast!
Jan 1, 2009 7:25 PM

Jul 2008
its surprising how well windows7 actually runs.

I'm using it on my EeePC 901 XP (stock with 2Gb ram) its' running flawlessly atm <3
Website http://akariREMOVED.co.cc/sig/sig.php is reporting as Malware.
Jan 3, 2009 10:42 PM

Sep 2007
MAL Updater 1.94 is compatible and works flawlessly with Windows 7 beta 1 (build 6.1.7000), which is the newer evaluation copy.

http://i41.tinypic.com/1z2kkl4.jpg

@Velcor:
You will only need 7GB of free HDD space and 1GBRAM minumum to handle Windows7. Also, it's a much lighter load on your computer than Vista or even XP. I highly recommend upgrading.
-toan :)
Jan 30, 2009 7:11 AM

Jul 2007
I'm now using Windows 7 as main OS and developing MalU on it to make sure it's running flawlessly. Development of the GUI and most API features is now coded with Vista and W7 in mind. I will still try to fix bugs that happen only in XP, but officially support for older than Vista OS's will be a very low priority from now on.
Jan 30, 2009 7:14 AM

Nov 2007
Kotori said:
I'm now using Windows 7 as main OS and developing MalU on it to make sure it's running flawlessly. Development of the GUI and most API features is now coded with Vista and W7 in mind. I will still try to fix bugs that happen only in XP, but officially support for older than Vista OS's will be a very low priority from now on.

Don't the vast majority of people still use XP? Vista received a very cold reception, though I imagine 7's release will be taken rather more kindly.
Jan 30, 2009 7:17 AM

Jul 2007
W7 is being received extremelly well, many people are even running the beta as main OS (like me!) since it's sooo much better than Vista (and than XP). I can't see a reason why anyone would still use XP over W7. (very fast, stable, light, low ram usage, works very nicely with low profile netbooks/laptops.. it's awesome).
Jan 30, 2009 7:19 AM

Nov 2007
I'm definitely interested in it, but then I didn't shun Vista either; I just haven't got around to trying it, and now with W7 on the horizon there's no point in bothering with Vista now. But still, XP is very widely used and I think will still take time to phase out.

Sorta like xvid avi vs 264 mkv. >.>
Jan 30, 2009 7:25 AM

Jul 2007
Well, it's not like I'm dropping support for XP completely, just tailoring the new builds with V/7 in mind. I'm trying to find a source for OS statistics but it's mostly just misc websites etc.. nothing official like what microsoft said a few months ago about the quick switch to 64-bit Vista from 32b editions (data gathered from windows update)
Feb 2, 2009 1:20 AM
Jan 2009
I tried windows 7, it's great, but certain programs that embed themselves deep within the system dont' play nice, like gameguard and xtrap for mmos, so I had to go back to XP temporarily. MAL is pretty slick though... now just to set it up with mah servar
Feb 2, 2009 4:29 AM

Jul 2007
survient said:
I tried windows 7, it's great, but certain programs that embed themselves deep within the system dont' play nice, like gameguard and xtrap for mmos, so I had to go back to XP temporarily. MAL is pretty slick though... now just to set it up with mah servar

gameguard is a rootkit which causes problems with a lot of software. I hope it will never work in W7 so that they'll be forced to remove it from L2 etc
Feb 6, 2009 10:03 AM

Dec 2008
The only reason I am still using XP is because my GPU is OLD (mx4k) and I lack the money to buy a newer one; nvidia never made drivers for it to use on vista/w7.

But I did use Windows 7 (the leaked 6801) as a main OS for more than a month even with that limitation before the HDD I had it installed on crashed :(

By the way, useful thread post for MPC-HC users: http://www.cccp-project.net/forums/index.php?topic=3229.msg23025#msg23025.
Feb 6, 2009 10:08 AM

Jul 2007
Kovensky said:
The only reason I am still using XP is because my GPU is OLD (mx4k) and I lack the money to buy a newer one; nvidia never made drivers for it to use on vista/w7.

But I did use Windows 7 (the leaked 6801) as a main OS for more than a month even with that limitation before the HDD I had it installed on crashed :(

By the way, useful thread post for MPC-HC users: [url=http://www.cccp-project.net/forums/index.php?topic=3229.msg23025#msg23025]http://www.cccp-project.net/forums/index.php?topic=3229.msg23025#msg23025.

Just get k-lite, no issues at all with W7
Feb 7, 2009 5:37 PM

Aug 2007
Do a lot of people really use XP still? (well except the ones that HAVE to)
After trying Vista I sorta developed an allergy for XP, much like you'd feel using XP and then trying Win3.11
Also same thing happened to me with Vista and W7 and now I'm a happy W7 user too.
Just one suggestion if you want to try it: get the 32bit version, last time I tried the 64bit one (around the end of december) it still had a lot of compatiblity issues :\

De-JaY said:
It's future-proof!

asandari said:

Yeah. >.<

That taskbar is the most awesome thing ever. Totally ripped off from Apple one, but the main difference is that windows one actually isn't about good looks only. It's very practical and I'm finding myself using it faster and easier than old one (not considering that most software still don't use jumpstarts and the other features). Also in W7 you can easily tell which software is running and which one is just pinned to the bar.

CCCP in W7 works fine, since I'm using FFshow subtitles engine anyway there's not really any difference between k-lite, CCCP or a plain ffshow install :P but yeah, with "standard" settings I noticed that issue.

Needs to fix this sometime but I'm lazy - since 11/05/2009
Feb 7, 2009 6:14 PM

Jul 2007
asandari said:

You can make it look almost like Vista's

Feb 7, 2009 6:37 PM

Nov 2007
Kotori said:
asandari said:

That's nice. Almost like my classic bar, with quicklaunch, tabs and tray. Still a bit bloated, but better than the defaults.
Feb 8, 2009 8:33 AM
Oct 2007
Vista what's that windows millenium Version 2?? Windows 7 rulez!!!! lol, jk well 7 has made kite an impression on me, i havent had much problems with it and the problems i have i can get to solve them, its great to see that when windows explorer crashes it doesnt require a restart, which in XP you would have to do one. Also it boots way faster than vista and it takes almost the same time if not less to boot than xp.
I'm currectly using 7, it is still a beta, but it is running quite smoothly, runing games, running Malu, and applications. the applications that do not run in default 7 environt u just have to do a trouble shoot compatability run. so i think it's goodbye XP and welcome 7
Feb 8, 2009 11:21 PM

Nov 2007
Kotori said:
asandari said:

OMG, that's like frikin a lot of icons you got there on the taskbar. 0_0

kimatg on | blog | pixiv | deviantART
Feb 8, 2009 11:51 PM

Jul 2007
kimatg said:
Kotori said:
asandari said:

OMG, that's like frikin a lot of icons you got there on the taskbar. 0_0

I use most of them ;(

1st row

- Chrome, IE, Firefox, Opera: using all often except IE just sometimes
- Show Desktop and Flip3D: rarely use Flip3D, might remove it
- email, utorrent, ftp, applocate, autoruns, delphi (dev environment), scan of a card I use often, goldwave (sound editor), google earth, last.fm, mirc, malu, html editor, Paintshoppro 8, picasa: using all of these very often, most of them daily

2nd row

- server monitor, process explorer: always on
- paintshop pro7: using it often as it's faster than psp8 when I need to do simple things
- translator of various euro langs, using it sometimes, it has synonyms etc too
- Putty: SSH client, using it almost daily
- tcpview, tvcard viewer: using them sometimes
- tokyoexpose (mine): rarely use it even tho I made it myself, should remove it ><
- file indexer and finder I made myself, using it very often
- tokyoshot, trillian: always on
- vnc viewer, wakan, winamp, .. , WinSCP (graphical ssh/sftp): used very often
- core temp (cpu temp): always on
- mediacoder, fraps: use them often
- tinypic uploader: almost daily
- L4D game
Feb 9, 2009 7:01 AM

Nov 2007
Can you split the bar so all the icons are on the top, and task tabs on the bottom (or vice versa), instead of them being side by side?

edit: eg. http://asako.quietlyspoken.net/tmp/taskbar.png (my current bar).
AsakoFeb 9, 2009 7:14 AM
Feb 9, 2009 7:14 AM

Jul 2007
Asako said:
Can you split the bar so all the icons are on the top, and task tabs on the bottom (or vice versa), instead of them being side by side?

Yes, just like xp/vista
Feb 9, 2009 7:37 AM

Nov 2007
De-JaY said:

asandari said:

Yeah. >.<

I agree...horrifying =_=;
Mar 25, 2009 12:40 PM

May 2007
It's good that MALU works with win7, I use Win7 as my main OS on my laptop and Media Center PC (that I use only for TV), I was going to put it on my main computer but I'm too lazy :P I'm also considering if I should put it on my other computers (they're render slaves for my 3D animation stuff).

May 18, 2009 11:57 PM
Dec 2007
Are we looking at support for Windows Media Player 12? I haven't heard anyone ask about it, so maybe I'm the only one with the issue, but the detection for it doesn't work. Back in my Vista days (I've been using 7 beta since February, until they publicised the release cantidate version. I've been using that, happily. I'm a big fan of the new task bar! ^_^ ), detection for episodes while running WMP11 was flawless. Since running 7 as my main OS, and WMP12 coming with it, whenever anything is playing (music, anime, etc.), it says that the media (abc) isn't found in my list.

The fact remains true, most people probably use other players, but wouldn't compatibility with WMP12 go hand in hand with full Windows 7 support? Then again, I'm nowhere near a programmer, so I don't have a clue how difficult that would be to include. I apologize if my comments are offensive to anyone.
May 19, 2009 9:16 AM

Nov 2008
I just installed Windows 7 RC, and while MALU runs properly, it can't update my list. Keeps giving 'Update Failed', even manually.
May 19, 2009 10:25 AM

Dec 2007
Joe4evr said:
I just installed Windows 7 RC, and while MALU runs properly, it can't update my list. Keeps giving 'Update Failed', even manually.

That's interesting because I'm running Windows 7 RC and it works with no issues.
Jul 18, 2009 8:27 AM

Jun 2008
lee_d said:
Are we looking at support for Windows Media Player 12? I haven't heard anyone ask about it, so maybe I'm the only one with the issue, but the detection for it doesn't work. Back in my Vista days (I've been using 7 beta since February, until they publicised the release cantidate version. I've been using that, happily. I'm a big fan of the new task bar! ^_^ ), detection for episodes while running WMP11 was flawless. Since running 7 as my main OS, and WMP12 coming with it, whenever anything is playing (music, anime, etc.), it says that the media (abc) isn't found in my list.

The fact remains true, most people probably use other players, but wouldn't compatibility with WMP12 go hand in hand with full Windows 7 support? Then again, I'm nowhere near a programmer, so I don't have a clue how difficult that would be to include. I apologize if my comments are offensive to anyone.

I'm having the same issue. Whenever WMP12 is running I get "abc" isn't found on my list. So, I guess MALU is wokring 98% on Vista? Hope this only needs a quick fix.
Jul 19, 2009 1:03 PM

Jul 2007
WMP12 is not supported yet. No eta.
Jul 26, 2009 12:21 PM

Sep 2008
I've been using W7 since the January and I must say I'm very impressed with it's performance compared to the other OS's I've used before. At home I used XP but it had some issues cuz it looked like Vista and my PC was taking over 5 mins to load but now when I start it for around 30 sec it's loaded and waiting to be used xD After I received the message about the RC I tried it and I noticed a few things that I didn't like and as a result I reverted back to XP but then my PC was very slowed down so again I installed the RC and am still with it xD It's a quite better OS than XP or Vista since I used Vista at school and didn't like it too much xD The only thing about Vista that I liked is it's looks but compared to 7 it can just bite the dust. The only problem I have with 7 is finding it an efficient Anti virus and inability to play some of the older games like ONI xD About the media I use KMPlayer and Media Player Classic and I am very satisfied with the way both of them perform because after I switched from XP to 7 I used BSPlayer but since it made some problems when playing some animes I switched to KMP in a single sentence W7 is a great OS and you guys who still think to try or not to try just go ahead and give it a go. I'm sure you'll be quite satisfied with the results.

Jul 26, 2009 12:52 PM
Jul 29, 2009 4:35 PM

Sep 2008
RLY??? I want to play it too xD *tries reinstalling* xD

Jul 29, 2009 5:08 PM

Jul 2007
Yeah, I remember trying it recently, worked nicely.
Jul 30, 2009 9:25 PM

Sep 2008
I usually reach only the bungie intro and that's it it either stops working or when I press a button it closes down

Jul 30, 2009 10:27 PM

Feb 2008
Velcor said:
Future-proof? No way!

i used vista and atm im running Windows 7 ultimate on same machine it works much better and faster than vista,and it seems very stable...plus MAL updater works flawless :)
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) [1] 2 »

More topics from this board

» How to comment on my updates?

ADumbNut - Apr 13

0 by ADumbNut »»
Apr 13, 2:05 PM

» How to comment on my updates?

ADumbNut - Apr 13

0 by ADumbNut »»
Apr 13, 1:58 PM

Sticky: » [Bug reports / Help] ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Kotori - Feb 19, 2008

5259 by Bahamut_Zero »»
Sep 27, 2022 5:06 PM

» How Does This Thing Work And How Do I Set It Up

ahmed0112 - Jun 14, 2020

2 by Lion3MAL »»
Mar 14, 2022 6:52 PM

» Where is the "theme" folder located?

Legends_of_anime - Jan 13, 2021

1 by TimidSquid »»
Feb 3, 2021 9:22 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.