MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Producer of Little Busters Hints Continuation After Ep 26

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.

Pages (6) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] 3.6 4.6 » ... Last »
10-31-12, 3:43 PM

I'm so happy Refrain is most likely getting it's own season. I was a bit nervous about the limit of 26 episodes, but now I have complete faith that this is going to be a great adaption.

10-31-12, 3:44 PM

This is quite reassuring. :)
Dies Irae! :)

10-31-12, 4:09 PM

I'm hoping they make a movie animated by Kyoto Animation. So far, 100% of their movies have been masterful. Plus, they're the undisputed kings of VN adaptations. Although JC staff are very close.

10-31-12, 4:12 PM

SquadmemberRitsu said:
I'm hoping they make a movie animated by Kyoto Animation. So far, 100% of their movies have been masterful. Plus, they're the undisputed kings of VN adaptations. Although JC staff are very close.

You must be right.

10-31-12, 5:56 PM

i am a happy man.

10-31-12, 6:15 PM
Forum Moderator
SquadmemberRitsu said:

J.C Staff "Close" to kings of VN adaptations? Lolwut.

10-31-12, 8:10 PM

Tyrel said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:

Did they even made a Visual Novel adaption besides LB?

10-31-12, 8:36 PM

Perplex said:
Tyrel said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:

I don't think so

10-31-12, 8:46 PM
Forum Moderator
lolzteez said:
Perplex said:
Tyrel said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:

I don't think so

Can't tell if that's a VN or not, but it failed in terms of attracting people to it.

10-31-12, 9:21 PM

Wonder how many episodes it will have in total if 26 episodes isn't enough probably around 50~60?

Well at least I something to fill my Key void since AB! ended for quite a while.
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character thats for sure!"

10-31-12, 9:21 PM

With how fucking awesome it's going now, this makes me SUPER HAPPY.

Really.

I'm not even kidding.

10-31-12, 9:52 PM

Tyrel said:
lolzteez said:
Perplex said:
Tyrel said:
SquadmemberRitsu said:

I don't think so

Can't tell if that's a VN or not, but it failed in terms of attracting people to it.

Tsukihime is considered a disgrace to VN adaptations, so fans like to joke about it not actually existing There is no Tsukihime anime.
Modified by ActualGLoRY, 10-31-12, 10:05 PM

10-31-12, 10:01 PM

2nd season and ovas please. X3
"Everyone's days of happiness are limited."

10-31-12, 11:19 PM

ALL OF MY YES!

10-31-12, 11:51 PM

Hooray! More episodes :3
And they all lived happily ever after.
May evweyfing fall tu darkness!

11-01-12, 12:48 AM

theres no chance kyoto is picking up refrain.

they already showed scenes of refrain in the anime. the art style's the same
TL & founder of Refrain Subs.

11-01-12, 2:59 AM

Well that's nice to hear.

11-01-12, 5:03 AM

Aono-kun said:
Well that's nice to hear.

Yeah, it is. :)

11-01-12, 6:36 AM

So this will be like Fate/Zero and Jormungand? When episode 26 finishes they will take a break for finish, probably the last scenario and the Ex girls?

11-01-12, 8:21 AM

They're doing the same thing as with Persona 4. More money with story ending delivered via special episodes.

11-01-12, 8:32 AM

hmph... i am very sorry but with the current not so so episodes of the little busters, i will think of this announcement as a consolation for their failure to show an idea of story which majority of anime fans in japan, and the NON VN players/fans wanted to see in first 3 or 4 episodes.

anyway the story is officially into the routes now with komari being the first. my bench test is that it should reach the emotional intensity of clannad episode 9 since it is the episode (for me) where the anime, solidified its name as one of the greatest title in its time.

but well assuming, assuming they fail to reach the expectations of the many after 9 episodes, what will happen to little busters then? dropped then picked up later in the series by the fans or when the story finally showed up? of course VN players will stay faithful unless the worst happens.
Modified by TheFactSheet, 11-01-12, 8:40 AM

11-01-12, 10:57 AM

...Why?

11-01-12, 11:39 AM

^ Why?
Because many people do not think the same as you do.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.

11-01-12, 12:09 PM

Great, I hope the whole game gets animated. EX paths too.

undead_blopa said:
They're doing the same thing as with Persona 4. More money with story ending delivered via special episodes.

Persona 4 true ending was in the bluray edition. I believe Little Busters will have a second season, not dvd/bluray ending content.

Sign by Attena.

11-01-12, 12:18 PM

Considering Clannad got 47 episodes ( With extra eps for Kyou and Tomoyo ), why would anyone think LB wouldn't get close to the same amount?

Key's working with J.C so I thought this was expected.

11-01-12, 1:37 PM

SSC_Exin said:
Shouldn't they have thought of this before they animated the series?

They did as stated in their first announcement of the adaption, this message was just to ease the worries of the fans lols
note; please send me a message with a link to your reply if you reply to my post!

11-01-12, 3:22 PM

Nachotee said:
I wish these things happened with series that actually deserve it.
When is Spice & wolf's director gonna come out and say "Hey guys, I know 2 seasons isn't enough to animate 10 novels" ?
Sigh...

Unfortunately I think there's almost zero chance of Spice and Wolf getting finished off. The novels have now finished and weren't popular enough and the 2nd season didn't sell well enough. The best time to do Spice and Wolf S3 would have been around when the last 2 novels coming out. Just buy the novels. They are slowly getting released in english

11-01-12, 5:17 PM

Will the 'continuation' be Little Busters: Refrain or will they animate the EX routes?

11-01-12, 5:35 PM

Good news... If it is true.

11-01-12, 5:45 PM

k-Tek said:
Will the 'continuation' be Little Busters: Refrain or will they animate the EX routes?

Both.

icantfeelmyarms said:
...Why?

You know nothing about the whole content but I don't mind about your complain to the art.

Linkark07 said:
So this will be like Fate/Zero and Jormungand? When episode 26 finishes they will take a break for finish, probably the last scenario and the Ex girls?

Yes probably.

I have a sickness called gettingarousedbyhorieyui'svoice syndrome.

11-01-12, 6:38 PM

Yus, just like Clannad.

11-01-12, 8:53 PM

I'm guessing season two will have around 24-26 episodes. And that'll be the end for LB.

11-01-12, 9:00 PM

This is really good news. Hope it's true.

11-01-12, 10:18 PM

Remember guys we all read the same thing. Nothing here says that Refrain wont be in this season (or that it will either). Sa-Chan is just guessing when he says it will be a continuation including Refrain and the EX routes.

I'm taking this to mean that they will finish Refrain in this season (not finishing the main storyline would be pitiful) and what the director is talking about will be for the EX routes. As I've said before, Refrain is short. I finished it in five hours. I know that Saya's route cannot be anything but in an OVA or movie (if you truly want to know why, go look up spoilers for it and the series).

Honestly all I really care to see is the main scenario from beginning to end. If they do Saya's route in an OVA or something, awesome. But even so... I can't see another 18 or more episodes come after this. It's not Clannad After Story.
Modified by KeyIsLove, 11-01-12, 10:46 PM

11-01-12, 11:53 PM

ClannadIsLove said:
Remember guys we all read the same thing. Nothing here says that Refrain wont be in this season (or that it will either). Sa-Chan is just guessing when he says it will be a continuation including Refrain and the EX routes.

I'm taking this to mean that they will finish Refrain in this season (not finishing the main storyline would be pitiful) and what the director is talking about will be for the EX routes. As I've said before, Refrain is short. I finished it in five hours. I know that Saya's route cannot be anything but in an OVA or movie (if you truly want to know why, go look up spoilers for it and the series).

Honestly all I really care to see is the main scenario from beginning to end. If they do Saya's route in an OVA or something, awesome. But even so... I can't see another 18 or more episodes come after this. It's not Clannad After Story.

The scriptwriter said it would take 100 episodes to faithfully adapt Little Busters. So I think hes hinting for sure it won't be over in just 26 episodes and they'll need a 2nd season to do it justice.

11-02-12, 12:43 AM

Yandy said:
That's quite reassuring.

Just a little haha

11-02-12, 12:55 AM

ClannadIsLove said:
I'm taking this to mean that they will finish Refrain in this season (not finishing the main storyline would be pitiful) and what the director is talking about will be for the EX routes.

Clannad didn't finish the story in the first season, was that pitiful?

As I've said before, Refrain is short. I finished it in five hours.

5 hours is 300 minutes, an average episode is 22 minutes (without OP or ED), that's 13 episodes. So do you expect the girls' routes to be finished by episode 13, and then 13 episodes for Refrain?

11-02-12, 2:35 AM

ClannadIsLove said:

I'm taking this to mean that they will finish Refrain in this season (not finishing the main storyline would be pitiful) and what the director is talking about will be for the EX routes. As I've said before, Refrain is short. I finished it in five hours.

I can't see another 18 or more episodes come after this. It's not Clannad After Story.

We know it's impossible to cover the whole story with the current pace.

We know 26 episodes is too short.

This is exactly what are we worrying about before, right? He said it himself that 26 episodes is too short so isn't that obvious? Also, I'm not guessing since the news is VERY CLEAR.

ClannadIsLove said:
I know that Saya's route cannot be anything but in an OVA or movie (if you truly want to know why, go look up spoilers for it and the series).

Honestly all I really care to see is the main scenario from beginning to end. If they do Saya's route in an OVA or something, awesome.

But her story is also a part of Little Busters. I believe you haven't played her story so don't act as you know everything about her story. Besides, Finishing Saya's path is good for 2 days or approximately 1 day without taking a nap break so compare that to Refrain which you're saying you finished it in 5 hours so why Saya's as OVA or something only hmmm?

Also,
Sa-chan_ said:
jmal said:
Sa-chan_ said:
But then again, since they're talking about episodes, I don't think it'll be a Movie or OVA.

Could still be an OVA if talking in "episodes". But TV series is most likely.

Indeed but I'm also thinking that TV series is most likely than OVA.

Modified by Tennouji_, 11-02-12, 5:14 AM

11-02-12, 6:11 AM

Will they let KyoAni handle this "continuation"?

Please?

11-02-12, 6:49 AM

WoofSadaharu said:

No.
Anime sales website at http://www.someanithing.com/

11-02-12, 7:12 AM

Season 2?

11-02-12, 9:40 AM

Sa-chan_ said:
This is exactly what are we worrying about before, right? He said it himself that 26 episodes is too short so isn't that obvious? Also, I'm not guessing since the news is VERY CLEAR.

Haven't you played the VN, Sa-Chan? Refrain is very short. It's a five hour route and every time you do something, you literally then switch to another character's point of view and watch it happen again. That is something they can cut out. Refrain could be finished in just three episodes if they wanted. And with the other girls' routes... no way can it be more than 26.

They have said something and you are taking it another way. Until they SPECIFICALLY say "Refrain will be in this season" or "Refrain will not be in this season" you are just guessing.

Sa-chan_ said:
But her story is also a part of Little Busters. I believe you haven't played her story so don't act as you know everything about her story. Besides, Finishing Saya's path is good for 2 days or approximately 1 day without taking a nap break so compare that to Refrain which you're saying you finished it in 5 hours so why Saya's as OVA or something only hmmm?

No, Saya's story is part of Little Busters! EX. In order to access her route you have to say "Yes" when asked "Do you know the secret of the world?" before playing. If her route TRULY was part of Little Busters! it would have been added in the main game. The way they set it up it and the other two new routes are like bonuses, or extra levels in a game. They might not be canon. You have to finish the game (know the secret of the world) to play her route, because in the true canon of the series you can't play her route since, going by the timeline, you would not understand it before doing Refrain.

No, I don't know everything about her story but I do know that

Putting Saya in with the main series would mess everyone's minds up since it would spoil Refrain, and since Refrain and the common route are.. well... vastly different they can't have her route during it or afterwards. They would HAVE to do it in an OVA.

Like I said, they didn't specifically say anything. Everything they said was just that the fans would be pleased and "your favorite girl's route would be animated," so it sounds to me like they're trying to say there will be extra episodes (OVAs maybe) that cover the EX routes. But Refrain? Nothing there says it will be in those extra episodes.

I'm not saying this is aimed at you, but people on here seriously need to stop acting like they're going to get basically an After Story season. I've played the VN and Refrain is super short, and with the 26 episodes they already have there is no way they can make another 22-26 for a season two. People need to realize that. I thought Refrain would be like AS, then suddenly I'm at the credits five hours in and I'm like, "What the fuck?"

It's an excellent series with a great story, but they can do all the routes + Refrain in season one. EX routes probably in a mini series or OVA, but Saya's route simply can't be done without being after the series is over as a special or something. If anyone truly wants to know why, here.

That alone should tell you why they can't really stick her route in anywhere except after the series in a movie or OVA.

11-02-12, 10:18 AM

ClannadIsLove said:

Haven't you played the VN, Sa-Chan?

Can't tell if this is a joke or what.

ClannadIsLove said:

Refrain is very short. It's a five hour route and every time you do something, you literally then switch to another character's point of view and watch it happen again.

dtshyk said:

So can you tell what this is means? You haven't mention the 6 original paths so what do you expect about their number of episodes?

ClannadIsLove said:

They have said something and you are taking it another way. Until they SPECIFICALLY say "Refrain will be in this season" or "Refrain will not be in this season" you are just guessing.

dtshyk said:

Once again, can you tell what this means. I mean, this sentence is pretty obvious, right?

ClannadIsLove said:

No, Saya's story is part of Little Busters! EX. In order to access her route you have to say "Yes" when asked "Do you know the secret of the world?" before playing. If her route TRULY was part of Little Busters! it would have been added in the main game. The way they set it up it and the other two new routes are like bonuses, or extra levels in a game. They might not be canon. You have to finish the game (know the secret of the world) to play her route, because in the true canon of the series you can't play her route since, going by the timeline, you would not understand it before doing Refrain.

Little Busters -> Little Buster EX.

Check the first one. It's still part of LB. And that's why her path might adapt after Refrain. So what's your problem about adapting her path?

ClannadIsLove said:

Putting Saya in with the main series would mess everyone's minds up since it would spoil Refrain, and since Refrain and the common route are.. well... vastly different they can't have her route during it or afterwards. They would HAVE to do it in an OVA.

I don't know how did you get "putting her story in the main series". And why spoiling Refrain if there's a possibility that they will animate it AFTER Refrain?

ClannadIsLove said:

Like I said, they didn't specifically say anything. Everything they said was just that the fans would be pleased and "your favorite girl's route would be animated," so it sounds to me like they're trying to say there will be extra episodes (OVAs maybe) that cover the EX routes. But Refrain? Nothing there says it will be in those extra episodes.

Like I said, they're talking about "number of episodes" so TV series for them is most likely than OVA. Okay, I'll tell you on how many hours did I finish the 3 EX.

Sasami -> 5 hours but I couldn't tell the exact with English patch since I skipped the JP text that without voice(Particularly Riki's narration and dialogues).

Kanata -> I forgot but it's longer than Sasami's AFAIK. I do the same thing on skipping.

Saya -> 2 days. Approximately 1 day if there's no break time. I do the same thing on skipping.

That concludes that it's longer than your "5 hours finished Refrain". Annnd,

dtshyk said:

ClannadIsLove said:

I'm not saying this is aimed at you, but people on here seriously need to stop acting like they're going to get basically an After Story season. I've played the VN and Refrain is super short, and with the 26 episodes they already have there is no way they can make another 22-26 for a season two. People need to realize that. I thought Refrain would be like AS, then suddenly I'm at the credits five hours in and I'm like, "What the fuck?"

It's an excellent series with a great story, but they can do all the routes + Refrain in season one. EX routes probably in a mini series or OVA, but Saya's route simply can't be done without being after the series is over as a special or something. If anyone truly wants to know why, here.

That alone should tell you why they can't really stick her route in anywhere except after the series in a movie or OVA.

dtshyk said:

And I know it's not only aimed at me. But seriously, he already mentioned 26 episodes is too short meaning another season for Refrain is most likely. And I can agree EX paths can be a mini series but of course Saya MUST also included since her story won't fit in just a single OVA and 1 hour 30 minute Movie won't adapt her story very well so a possibility that her story might be butchered is high.

Also, if you don't know, Sasami's and Kanata's are also in the

GONNA ADD THIS:
dtshyk said:
We have promised to animate the entire scenario of the game.

It may also conclude that they will animate trivial scenes like Muscle Sensation, Battle Rankings, Kick In The Can and many more and the possibility those that I mentioned will be on this season is high. So Refrain on this season isn't possible.
Modified by Tennouji_, 11-02-12, 10:46 AM

11-02-12, 3:17 PM

ClannadIsLove said:
Sa-chan_ said:

Haven't you played the VN, Sa-Chan? Refrain is very short. It's a five hour route and every time you do something, you literally then switch to another character's point of view and watch it happen again. That is something they can cut out. Refrain could be finished in just three episodes if they wanted. And with the other girls' routes... no way can it be more than 26.

Sa-chan_ said:

No, I don't know everything about her story but I do know that

I'm sorry, back I disagree on the whole "Refrain is so short that it can be fit into 3 episodes".

Like I said before, 3-4 episodes are 1-1.3 hours. There is no way to cram in 5 hours worth of text into a 1-1.3 hour anime. Actually, this is what's happening to the character routes but those exist mostly to show hints about the secret of the world. Refrain on the other hand, needs to be handled with care. Refrain is the core of the LB! story and thus needs to be fleshed out to tie loose ends. I really don't understand why you think Refrain could be crammed in in 3 episodes. Why do you think it's plausible for cramming in the best and the most dramatic route? Given how JC Staff received initial backlashes including "Oh, it's not kyoani, JC will screw LB!", don't you think that they would at least present everything as best as they can? And trust me, putting Refrain this season will make many LB! vn fans associate JC Staff and the staff that worked on LB with failure.

Cutting out the pov is just a no. They can take some things out but some parts are crucial (Masato explains what really happened, Kengo explains what happened in Rin2 and his true feelings, Kyosuke heavily spoils the big reveal. Honestly, the big impact moments on each of the boy's episodes are in their respective POV's.

And we're not asking for a 22-26 episode season two. That's really pushing it for Refrain. We're asking for a 13 episode max season two, possibly with Rin2 attatched. I honestly think it's just you that's thinking that vanilla LB! should be finished in one season.

11-02-12, 3:23 PM

Rin1 would be the perfect place to end the first series, due to its cliffhanger. Thats all I ask from JC Staff.

11-02-12, 11:19 PM

Great news. But I think they planned this all along. Little Busters: Refrain. Make it into a 2-hours movie.

~ IA- Aria on the Planetes ~ Vocaloid V3 voiced by LiA (Clannad Afterstory, Angel Beats! theme song singer)

11-03-12, 2:24 AM

dizzyworld2 said:
Like I said before, 3-4 episodes are 1-1.3 hours. There is no way to cram in 5 hours worth of text into a 1-1.3 hour anime.

Actually this is quite easy, especially for Refrain.
Remember:

wishbook said:
Great news. But I think they planned this all along. Little Busters: Refrain. Make it into a 2-hours movie.

A 2 hour long movie of Masato smashing stuff? No thank you.

ClannadIsLove is correct in saying Refrain can be compressed into 3 episodes. Given the increase in pace in episode 4, they'll easily finish the regular character routes and refrain within 26 episodes.

11-03-12, 3:17 AM

ryuu_zer0 said:

ClannadIsLove is correct in saying Refrain can be compressed into 3 episodes. Given the increase in pace in episode 4, they'll easily finish the regular character routes and refrain within 26 episodes.

You should analyze this first before stating LB can finish it as a whole in just 1 season.

dtshyk said:
"We know it's impossible to cover the whole story with the current pace. We have promised to animate the entire scenario of the game. We know 26 episodes is too short."

On the first sentence, they mean either it's slow pace or fast pace, they already admit that they couldn't cover the whole story in just a single season. Which means, whole story = Refrain is inlcuded.

On the second sentence,
Sa-chan_ said:

It may also conclude that they will animate trivial scenes like Muscle Sensation, Battle Rankings, Kick In The Can and many more and the possibility those that I mentioned will be on this season is high. So Refrain on this season isn't possible.

On the third sentence, it's clearly obvious and understandable enough.

For those people who are insisting that the whole story of LB can finished on this single season, why don't you try to read the news again, get the pieces of information and analyze it very well? Even those people who played the VN yet they hate it could even understand the news very well.

11-03-12, 7:11 AM

Fuzz yeah. Second season, consider yourself announced!

11-03-12, 11:13 AM

WoofSadaharu said:

Please?

I would agree that KyoAni's offering this season has been far more entertaining than Little Busters.

Little Busters for 4 episodes has been just not funny. Not funny AT ALL. I maybe a smiled a grand total of 3 times over the course of 4 episodes. Most of the time, when the characters are trying to be funny, I'm just thinking, "This is stupid. But I see what you tried to do there..."

Just like the end of episode 1, when Rin was trying to get girls to join the team. That was honestly just lame...

This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (6) « 0.6 1.6 [2.6] 3.6 4.6 » ... Last »