Forum Settings
Forums

Japan's Weekly Blu-ray & CD Rankings for Oct 22 - 28

New
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 30, 2012 4:34 AM

Nov 2011
I like those SW movie sales.

S3 when? With this, the chance of Yuru yuri S3 coming out next year, no railgun S2 and Saki S2.. can 2013 get any better?
rederoinOct 30, 2012 4:40 AM

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Oct 30, 2012 4:40 AM

Sep 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
totoum said:

Pandering to otaku doesn't guarantee in any way that something will sell.

Given the prices of a box set or a single BD containing only two or three episodes and the fact that there are more than enough series that pander to the exact same crowd it's no wonder the market will concentrate on one or two hit series.

Except that it is not EXACTLY THE SAME crowds. Different LNs have different group of avid fans and they do not always overlap. The most bestselling titles in recent seasons are those that are adaptations and one strong source of customers is the fans of the original novels/manga and many of them are not even dedicated anime fans/otaku. Your view is just too simplistic and stereotyped.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 30, 2012 4:40 AM

Sep 2010
Kuroko on the list makes me happy. Although the manga is going a tad bit downhill and getting a little too repetitive I guess cause the moves are not animated yet. xD
"What has two arms, two legs, and is alive? Not your favorite character lol! xD"
Oct 30, 2012 4:44 AM

Sep 2012
rederoin said:
S3 when?

The movie is just like a precursor to a Season 3, so I am quite sure a S3 is being prepared.

Its sales is around what Japanese fans estimated according to the sales of the TV anime series, which is very good indeed.

rederoin said:
With this, the chance of Yuru yuri S3 coming out next year, no railgun S2 and Saki S2.. can 2013 get any better?

2013 is Yuri Paradise.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 30, 2012 4:50 AM

Mar 2009
Lol QB. Good to see Guilty Crown though.
Oct 30, 2012 4:50 AM

Nov 2011
symbv said:
rederoin said:
S3 when?

The movie is just like a precursor to a Season 3, so I am quite sure a S3 is being prepared.

Its sales is around what Japanese fans estimated according to the sales of the TV anime series, which is very good indeed.

rederoin said:
With this, the chance of Yuru yuri S3 coming out next year, no railgun S2 and Saki S2.. can 2013 get any better?

2013 is Yuri Paradise.

Undoubtly, and the info I could find out on Yama no Susume(by looking up info about the manga) it seems that one is going to have a yuri romance 'subplot'. And Vividred Operation has the same Director as strike witches so I would not be surprised if it had yuri undertones(I could always hope..).

My Twitter : link
My Last.fm : link
Oct 30, 2012 4:58 AM

Sep 2012
Downgrade355 said:

It wasn't estimated to sell 50k anyway, but i believe it will reach 40k.

I think what you once said was "I'm almost certain SAO would sell around the 40-50K see'ing as it's growing daily, heck there's a fair chance it might sell even more than that." so 50k was mentioned at least once...
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=489721&show=0#msg17017243

==============

Anyway, the question now is: whether SAO can beat IS in vol.1 total sales? And after that, the question is whether SAO can beat IS in terms of sales average. The latter is tricky because SAO is 2 cours and since the tendency is that the later volumes usually sell fewer than the earlier ones, 2 cour anime series can be at a disadvantage here.

Oct 30, 2012 4:59 AM

Oct 2012
looks like SAO season 2 is inevitable
Oct 30, 2012 5:02 AM

Sep 2011
symbv said:
Downgrade355 said:

It wasn't estimated to sell 50k anyway, but i believe it will reach 40k.

I think what you once said was "I'm almost certain SAO would sell around the 40-50K see'ing as it's growing daily, heck there's a fair chance it might sell even more than that." so 50k was mentioned at least once...
http://myanimelist.net/forum/?topicid=489721&show=0#msg17017243

Whoa, one comment by a random person will make rumors spread and everyone will talk about how SAO is going to sell 50k.
At that time SAO was estimated to sell 90k on Stalker, FYI.

Did i quote the wrong comment btw? i could've sworn it said j0x.
Oct 30, 2012 5:03 AM

Mar 2011
Kuroko S2 should be announced soon rite. :)
Oct 30, 2012 5:04 AM

Sep 2012
rederoin said:
Vividred Operation has the same Director as strike witches so I would not be surprised if it had yuri undertones(I could always hope..).

ViviPan (Vivid pants - the nickname given by fans in Japan to Vividred Operation) will surely look and feel like Strike Witches because the director and the producer already said so in a recent interview. Basically what they say is ViviPan actually predated Strike Witches and is in fact the prototype of Strike Witches before it was abandoned and SW was developed instead. And it will have the same focus as Strike Witches, including the tight pants of course.
symbvOct 30, 2012 5:09 AM

Oct 30, 2012 5:07 AM

Sep 2012
Downgrade355 said:

Whoa, one comment by a random person will make rumors spread and everyone will talk about how SAO is going to sell 50k.
At that time SAO was estimated to sell 90k on Stalker, FYI.

I know. Based on the 90k estimate on Stalker at that time, you estimated that SAO will sell 40-50k and possibly even more.

Downgrade355 said:

Did i quote the wrong comment btw? i could've sworn it said j0x.

Yeah, j0x said "hoho Sword Art Online did not make 50,000 sales but still great sales with 20,000+". You quoted it fine. I just removed that quote in your post to avoid too many nested comments.

Oct 30, 2012 5:11 AM

Mar 2011
well, that was kinda expected for SAO to sale like this.

Glad to see Jinrui on the list. Want to see 2nd season T__T

Oct 30, 2012 5:32 AM
Sep 2012
rederoin said:

S3 when?

I guess it will depend on vivid red ops. If it sells Takamura will have to delay strike witches activities.
Oct 30, 2012 5:35 AM

Sep 2011
@symbv
So what exactly is the point you're trying to make?
Oct 30, 2012 5:38 AM

Sep 2012
Downgrade355 said:
@symbv
So what exactly is the point you're trying to make?

You said "It wasn't estimated to sell 50k anyway". I just remember that there was once estimation that it will sell 50k or more. That's it.

Oct 30, 2012 5:41 AM
Aug 2011
SAO

Yes! Season 2 Confirmed. WOOT WOOT
Hopefully its even more rushed, more retarded and makes even less sense than this one.

Edit:
I sensed a ban coming. I'll rather edit my post. I refuse to get banned for this SAO nonsense again.
Gatchum_Bye-ByeOct 30, 2012 5:49 AM
Oct 30, 2012 5:55 AM

Aug 2007
Good. Blu Ray and DVD of SAO sold a lot. And is good to see smile on the list, but Arcana familia? Really?
Oct 30, 2012 5:56 AM

Sep 2012
Gash_V-D_Hetchum said:

I sensed a ban coming. I'll rather edit my post. I refuse to get banned for this SAO nonsense again.

Given the nonsense you are talking, getting a ban because of "SAO nonsense" may not be too outrageous an idea.

Oct 30, 2012 6:28 AM

Jul 2010
Nidhoeggr said:
dtshyk said:
Temporal Blu-ray + DVD Rankings for Summer 2012 (the first volumes)
*1, 34,170 Sword Art Online
*2, 22,254 Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II
*6, *7,274 Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse

It's like the Japanese are programmed to automatically buy the anime that panders to otakus the most - regardless of quality.

the reality of the japanese market ^^,
Simplistic beauty can't be appreciated by someone who looks for something grand in everything he watch.
Oct 30, 2012 6:35 AM

Sep 2012
AmberFebruary said:
Nidhoeggr said:
dtshyk said:
Temporal Blu-ray + DVD Rankings for Summer 2012 (the first volumes)
*2, 22,254 Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II
*6, *7,274 Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse

It's like the Japanese are programmed to automatically buy the anime that panders to otakus the most - regardless of quality.

the reality of the japanese market ^^,

I posted the following correction to the statement though
"As if SAO sells because it really is pandering to otakus - in fact researches show that quite significant part of the buyers are the LN fans not anime otaku. Same goes for Horizon and TE."

The key fact is that any sales that goes beyond 15k or so can no longer be explained by mere "otaku pandering"

Oct 30, 2012 7:32 AM

Apr 2010
Kyoukaisen S3 please.
Oct 30, 2012 8:30 AM

Jun 2011
KOKORO CONNECT WHERE?!
(Why is the threshold 3.4k anyways?)
ShihOct 30, 2012 8:37 AM
Oct 30, 2012 8:32 AM

Apr 2010
Shih said:
KOKORO CONNECT WHERE?!

Didn't sell well enough to reach the BD thresholds. Its likely in the 2500-3000 range.

Oct 30, 2012 8:54 AM
May 2012
haters look at this ! ;D
go on and keep hating x)
Oct 30, 2012 9:09 AM

Nov 2008
RyanSaotome said:
Shih said:
KOKORO CONNECT WHERE?!

Didn't sell well enough to reach the BD thresholds. Its likely in the 2500-3000 range.

Goes to show you that controversy can kill sales if it's done in an undesirable way or caused by an undesirable event, intentional or not.

Dog Days' on the list again, 3rd season announcement where?

Oct 30, 2012 9:13 AM

Apr 2010
Hoppy said:
RyanSaotome said:
Shih said:
KOKORO CONNECT WHERE?!

Goes to show you that controversy can kill sales if it's done in an undesirable way or caused by an undesirable event, intentional or not.

Dog Days' on the list again, 3rd season announcement where?

Even without the controversy, it wouldn't have been a significant seller. Maybe 3500-4000. Silver Link stuff in general doesn't really do well

Oct 30, 2012 9:14 AM

Dec 2011
jmal said:
Also, I may have missed it since I skimmed the thread, but did anyone else notice the holy shit first week for KuroBas?

20,048 in the first week! The previous best first week total was only 15,318. That's crazy. Did this volume come with some kind of special extra?

It could also just be more front-loaded I guess, and maybe subsequent weeks wont add as much as they did for Vols. 1-3. Maybe this was the first volume to be adequately stocked on release day too. Either way this will likely end up being the best selling disc so far.

I noticed it but assumed that it meant that this volume had come out earlier in the week than the others. However, I just checked and this one came out on Friday too. So... wow.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 30, 2012 9:15 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:

bippo said:
Look at all those cancelled kokoro connect pre-orders....so that's why it was missing in the daily chart orz...bullying is a bad thing indeed...

Hm? The threshold today is 3,352 on BD, and Kokoroko was never expected to sell more than that. So this isn't surprising. I still think it was around 3k BDs. We'll know later in the week.

There were guess/estimate in Japan at the very beginning when the anime just started the broadcast of ep.1 and 2 that Kokoro Connect may, based on the quality shown and feedback, that the sales might get to 3.5k-4.0k BDs but then it was all before the "suspected bullying incident" broke. After that things got chaotic and apparently there were a number of cancellations of orders (Amazon JP registered >200 negative reviews in which some claimed to have cancelled their orders). We don't know how many orders were actually cancelled so it is hard to tell how big the impact that incident had. What is true is that after the incident broke, nobody was estimating any sales above 3k.

Oct 30, 2012 9:17 AM

Dec 2011
symbv said:
jmal said:

bippo said:
Look at all those cancelled kokoro connect pre-orders....so that's why it was missing in the daily chart orz...bullying is a bad thing indeed...

Hm? The threshold today is 3,352 on BD, and Kokoroko was never expected to sell more than that. So this isn't surprising. I still think it was around 3k BDs. We'll know later in the week.

There were guess/estimate in Japan at the very beginning when the anime just started the broadcast of ep.1 and 2 that Kokoro Connect may, based on the quality shown and feedback, that the sales might get to 3.5k-4.0k BDs but then it was all before the "suspected bullying incident" broke. After that things got chaotic and apparently there were a number of cancellations of orders (Amazon JP registered >200 negative reviews in which some claimed to have cancelled their orders). We don't know how many orders were actually cancelled so it is hard to tell how big the impact that incident had. What is true is that after the incident broke, nobody was estimating any sales above 3k.

Also, I wonder how many people who cancelled their order later put it back up after the incident died down.
There is no such thing as shit taste. Only idiots who think everyone should have the same taste as they do.
Oct 30, 2012 9:28 AM

Sep 2012
kuuderes_shadow said:
jmal said:
Also, I may have missed it since I skimmed the thread, but did anyone else notice the holy shit first week for KuroBas?

20,048 in the first week! The previous best first week total was only 15,318. That's crazy. Did this volume come with some kind of special extra?

It could also just be more front-loaded I guess, and maybe subsequent weeks wont add as much as they did for Vols. 1-3. Maybe this was the first volume to be adequately stocked on release day too. Either way this will likely end up being the best selling disc so far.

I noticed it but assumed that it meant that this volume had come out earlier in the week than the others. However, I just checked and this one came out on Friday too. So... wow.

One possible reason for a sudden jump of a BD volume in mid-series is, besides any event ticket boost, is its contents - it could be what is bundled in it; it could be the particular episodes in it. I do not follow Kurobas but from what I read, vol.4 features the extremely popular Team Chalia and the extra Drama CD also features Team Chalia, and the cast commentary by Team Chalia has got very good feedback. Perhaps it is a reason why more people just go to pick up this volume even if they did not buy earlier volumes.

Oct 30, 2012 9:32 AM

Nov 2008
symbv said:
kuuderes_shadow said:
jmal said:

One possible reason for a sudden jump of a BD volume in mid-series is, besides any event ticket boost, is its contents - it could be what is bundled in it; it could be the particular episodes in it. I do not follow Kurobas but from what I read, vol.4 features the extremely popular Team Chalia and the extra Drama CD also features Team Chalia, and the cast commentary by Team Chalia has got very good feedback. Perhaps it is a reason why more people just go to pick up this volume even if they did not buy earlier volumes.

I see that event tickets are being placed in video games as well, the Vita compilation of Steins;Gate will have this.

Oct 30, 2012 9:33 AM

Sep 2008
What team Chalia? Midorima and his BFF?
Oct 30, 2012 9:48 AM
Feb 2012
dtshyk said:
Blu-ray
*2, 27,326 27,326 Sword Art Online vol.1 Limited Edition
*3, 18,033 18,033 Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II vol.2 Limited Edition
*5, *6,577 *6,577 Hyouka vol.5 Limited Edition
*6, *6,380 *6,380 Accel World vol.4 Limited Edition
*8, *4,688 *4,688 Haiyore! Nyaruko-san vol.5 Limited Edition
*9, *4,392 *4,392 Guilty Crown vol.10 Limited Edition

DVD
*2, *6,844 *6,844 Sword Art Online vol.1 Limited Edition
12, *1,419 *1,419 Accel World vol.4 Limited Edition
14, *1,202 *1,202 Guilty Crown vol.10 Limited Edition
18, *1,018 *1,018 Hyouka vol.5 Limited Edition
19, **,982 **,982 Haiyore! Nyaruko-san vol.5 Limited Edition

This feels so right. <3

*8, 11,306 11,306 Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! "Sparkling Daydream"

And not to forget this little piece of awesome.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Oct 30, 2012 10:04 AM

Sep 2012
fertygo said:
What team Chalia? Midorima and his BFF?

As I don't follow KuroBas I don't know who is Team Chalia, but the combo is widely known as チャリア組 in Japan (which I translate as Team Chalia)
I find a pixiv drawing of the combo, perhaps you can identify if they are who you have in mind.
http://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?mode=manga&illust_id=30611167

Oct 30, 2012 10:10 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
Also, people are jumping the gun on Girls und Panzer a little. I adore the show and will import it and hope it sells well, but its rise in the rankings is pretty recent. it's hard to know if it'll stick, or whether it'll end up being a title overestimated by Stalker, etc.

But certainly things are looking very positive, and that's really really awesome. It could be the biggest surprise hit of the season. 2ch posters were estimating about 3.5k sales for it, and it could end up a solid 7k title or so at this rate.

I know I am jumping the gun but it is hard to conceal the excitement and joy at seeing GuP (GalPan) having such a meteoric rise.

After Ep.4 aired more than one day before, all 6 volumes GuP rose even further yesterday and today they again notched even higher. Its vol.1 is now 5th in Amazon Anime BD ranking,and if we look at all BD/DVDs of all genres, the positions of the series are also very impressive:
Vol.1 #17
Vol.2 #33
Vol.3 #39
Vol.4 #40
Vol.5 #45
Vol.6 #46
Its vol.1 is now the highest positioned title among this season's anime. Something nobody expected before the season started.

I also remember before the season's start the average/median estimate in 2ch of the sales of GnP is just 3.5k I believe it can easily double that if the series keeps its momentum -- I would be jumping with joy if it could even break 10k and make it into the top 4 of the season (but at whose expense?).

It is now quite amusing to see what anime 2ch guessed as the top selling titles before the season's start when there were only key visuals, some PVs and staff/seiyuu data.
symbvOct 30, 2012 10:17 AM

Oct 30, 2012 10:27 AM

Sep 2012
jmal said:
Girls und Panzer is like this season's Dog Days' for me: pure, unadulterated fun of the absolute highest degree. A show that takes as its mission, every second of every episode, to be as ridiculously enjoyable as humanly possible.

Very much agreed, and in one way it is even better than Dog Days: The anime is stuffed full with trivia about tanks and history, so it rewards multiple watching to dig up those things. The mecha sakuga, be it the still drawing of the tanks or the animation when the tanks move or showing the point of view of a person looking out from the tank, is superbly done.

I think KyoAni may still be no.1 bestsellers this season, although from a pure accumulated Amazon points angle, ToLoveRu Darkness is the top for now (which is #1 show for me because I am a diehard fan of ToLoveRu). In terms of Amazon BD Points, Chunibyo, JoJo and Little Busters are close to each other and they lag quite a bit behind ToLoveRu. After them there are then GalPan and Hidamari. Add Gintama (whose DVD sells a lot more than BD) into the mix I think we'd have all the major candidates for the top 4 of this fall season. (Perhaps Magi should be added? Though it drops quite a lot as the season progresses)

jmal said:

Heh, yeah, so much for K dominating the season. It's finally picking up a little bit of steam in the rankings, but has barely cracked the top 100 at all.

Actually the rise is better explained by the fact that the BDs of K go on sale pretty soon on Nov 07. The fact that it still does not crack top 100 even it is close to the release date does not bode well for the coming sales figure.

Also strangely I find for "K" both vol.1 and vol.2 seem to go on sale on the same day (Nov 07) ?!? It is something I have not seen before....
symbvOct 30, 2012 10:56 AM

Oct 30, 2012 10:54 AM

Oct 2007
Holy shit, 35k first week.

Happy for Horizon II, it should keep >20k average, vol 2 actually sold better than vol 1 did in first week..

Hyouka 7.6k, a little less than previous vols. Finally dropping? I don't want it to happen, maybe second week will be stronger than usual.

Dog Days' significantly worse, 20% drop both on BD and DVD, kinda disappointing for a sequel :(

Gratz to KuroBas, amazing.

Haiyore drops with every vol but still too slow imo.
Oct 30, 2012 11:29 AM

Dec 2010
dtshyk said:
Here are the weekly Blu-ray & CD rankings for October 22nd - 28th.

Single CD
*1, 54,559 54,559 Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse "Go to the top"

Source: Oricon Youtaiju

Queen Kuu at #1 <3
Oct 30, 2012 11:37 AM

Oct 2010
Wait, Kokoro Connect's 1st volume came out last Wednesday... did it not sell anything at all because of all the stuff that happened?
Oct 30, 2012 11:49 AM

Jul 2009
jmal said:
And of course there's still the question of if and when Magi will pick up. From what I understand, Nichigo shows tend to be slow to make waves in the Amazon rankings, so we don't know where it'll end up. I did think it would make its mark more clearly by now.

Don't expect it to show its true colors until 2-3 weeks before it's released. Go back and look at some patterns for AoEx and Star Driver, even FMA:B is telling in the pattern for nichigo. I'm expecting Magi to do right about what AoEx and FMA did...maybe a little less depending on the next few eps.
Oct 30, 2012 11:51 AM

Sep 2009
I feel bad for Strike Witches movie. I liked It a lot but the sales are quite medicore for a movie made on popular franchise.
Oct 30, 2012 11:55 AM

Jul 2009
Nachtwandler_21 said:
I feel bad for Strike Witches movie. I liked It a lot but the sales are quite medicore for a movie made on popular franchise.

It more than doubled the TV anime's volume average in the first week, that's very good for an anime film. Don't let the K-ONs and Nanohas fool you on what's successful for an anime movie.

EDIT: I just noticed something interesting. If SAO ends up having legs on it then it might become the only LN adaptation to surpass or even just equal Haruhi...of course there was IS but its popularity wasn't as wide reaching as SAO's just looking at the increase in volume sales. This could have very interesting implications for the future of the industry.
SuzukuOct 30, 2012 12:04 PM
Oct 30, 2012 12:05 PM

Sep 2009
Suzuku said:
Nachtwandler_21 said:

It more than doubled the TV anime's volume average in the first week, that's very good for an anime film. Don't let the K-ONs and Nanohas fool you on what's successful for an anime movie.

LOL. How you know tthat I compared it with Nanoha movie? )))

And seriously. I still think that it should make at least 1.5 times better
Oct 30, 2012 12:12 PM

Sep 2011

Blu-ray
*1, 29,757 29,757 Strike Witches The Movie Limited Edition
*2, 27,326 27,326 Sword Art Online vol.1 Limited Edition
*3, 18,033 18,033 Kyoukaisenjou no Horizon II vol.2 Limited Edition

*5, *6,577 *6,577 Hyouka vol.5 Limited Edition
*6, *6,380 *6,380 Accel World vol.4 Limited Edition
*7, *5,525 *5,525 Dog Days' vol.2 Limited Edition

Yes<3
Oct 30, 2012 12:22 PM

Jul 2009
jmal said:

In terms of anime DVD/BD sales (since you said adaptation)? Well, there's already Bakemonotagari, Nisemonogatari, and Fate/Zero there. Haruhi is 4th for light novel adaptations.

If you mean the original light novels, then yeah at least Vol. 1 has a good chance. Not sure about the total series average.

But what implications did you have in mind? More light novel adaptations? Maybe, though they already make up about a quarter of anime each year. And pretty much every top seller light novel gets an anime already.

Yeah I meant factoring in the orignal LN's sales. F/Z and the Monogatari series don't come close to touching Haruhi volume sales and SAO seems like it's on trajectory to at least challenge that.

And not necessarily more LN adaptations since they're all the rage right now already, but I'm thinking more along the lines of the type of LNs that are adapted. Between the breakaway successes of this, the Raildex franchise, Horizon, and IS I'm hoping that producers and committees will start green-lighting more obscure sci-fi light novels that may have never even been considered for adaptations a couple years ago. Imagine an adaptation on the rest of Kawakami's universe...
Oct 30, 2012 12:37 PM

Feb 2010
At least Jinrui and Joshiraku are doing somehow fine. Besides that it's a bad week for shows I like. But generally those tend to not do too well ^^. Except KuroBas of course, that looks good as usual.

Poor Natsuyuki Rendezvous though. I hope this doesn't keep NoitaminA from airing more Josei.

I have a question though, don't the sales for the first volumes still increase? I see the same numbers as last week, but I can't believe that not a single volume was bought in that week?

Also do we have total numbers for Jinrui Vol. 2? Taking last week's data only would mean there was a considerably lower number of buyers than for the first one, unlike Joshiraku which basically has sold the same amount of both volumes.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 30, 2012 12:52 PM

Aug 2011
Guilty Crown is up there. -rejoices- YUME IS HAPPY.

I'm happy to see that Hyouka, Jinrui, Hakuouki, Kuroko no Basuke and others are doing good.

How is Arcana even up there.
Oct 30, 2012 12:56 PM

Feb 2010
jmal said:
Higashi_no_Kaze said:
I have a question though, don't the sales for the first volumes still increase? I see the same numbers as last week, but I can't believe that not a single volume was bought in that week?

Everything that ranked this week so far is brand new. There were just a huuuuuuuuge number of new titles this week.

I was referring to the second post with the total sales for the first volumes of Summer Season. Those numbers didn't change at all (except for the addition of SAO).

Also do we have total numbers for Jinrui Vol. 2? Taking last week's data only would mean there was a considerably lower number of buyers than for the first one, unlike Joshiraku which basically has sold the same amount of both volumes.

Jintai Vol. 2 actually sold more first week than vol. 1.

Vol. 1: 4,118/758 = 4,876
Vol. 2: 4,260/723 = 4,983

Vol. 1 came to 5,700 with the monthly ranking. We should expect Vol. 2 to be about the same.

That second part probably explains my misunderstanding of the first one, I didn't know those were monthly sales, I thought those were the total sum of all the volumes sold since they were released (up to the current week) and therefore expected those numbers to still change. But now I'm assuming it only summarizes the sales of the first month, which makes more sense and answers my questions. Thanks :)

And GirlPan is really ranked highest at amazon right now? That's interesting. Well, it was the series that suceeded my expectations of it the most this season, guess I'm not the only one?
Oct 30, 2012 1:12 PM

Feb 2010
Ah, okay, I somehow thought all the sales were recorded somewhere and would eventually add up even if they didn't show up in any rankings. This makes it a lot clearer.

Well, I'm new to even caring about sales so this can be somehow confusing for me ^^. Thanks for always taking your time to explain stuff, I hope it doesn't bother you that I have a question or 2 each week. I tried to do some research myself but horribly failed (Google sent me to the MAL threads, lol).
This topic has been locked and is no longer available for discussion.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

» 'Black★★Rock Shooter: Dawn Fall' Reveals Additional Cast, First Promo

DatRandomDude - Feb 11, 2022

11 by nisafitri »»
3 hours ago

» Original Anime Movie 'A New Dawn' Announced for 2025

DatRandomDude - Apr 23

5 by dimidrum »»
Yesterday, 3:41 PM

» 'Mahoutsukai no Yakusoku' Announces Production Staff, Cast

DatRandomDude - Yesterday

4 by Memore »»
Yesterday, 1:40 PM

» 'Maougun Saikyou no Majutsushi wa Ningen datta' Announces Supporting Cast

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

0 by Hyperion_PS »»
Yesterday, 12:19 PM

» 'Suki demo Kirai na Amanojaku' Reveals Additional Cast, Trailer

Hyperion_PS - Yesterday

1 by RobertBobert »»
Yesterday, 11:45 AM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.