Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
Oct 29, 2012 7:44 PM
Jan 2012
I am wondering what type of romance is in this anime. Does it lean more towards the harem side or the one on one side? I just want to make sure before I start watching this.

Thanks
Oct 29, 2012 7:47 PM

Sep 2011
Maybe one on one side. But I'm sure it's kinda lame to have a lover with an eight-grade syndrome.

Oct 29, 2012 7:52 PM
Jul 2012
Sa-chan_ said:
Maybe one on one side. But I'm sure it's kinda lame to have a lover with an eight-grade syndrome.

that last part is true

anyway theres not enough episodes to tell
Oct 30, 2012 8:45 AM

Jul 2010
FlavoryFantasy said:
I still don't see how people can even find a harem in this. It's was at best, maybe a triangle. Though the latest ep definitely makes it more to a one on one between Yuuta & Rikka.

Also 2nd half of series is going to focus on romance side more apparently.

ultimatemegax said:
Found this article linked from Yaraon and felt it should be translated.
Welcome to Anime Questionnaire, the article where we talk with creators about the charm of their anime. Today's article focuses on the anime Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!. We'll hear from the supervisor from Kyoto Animation, Tatsuya Ishihara, about the appeal of Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!.

---Can you tell us a little about this work and why it attracts people?
"Chuunibyou" is a modern term that describes what's been called the "rebellious age" or a "troublesome puberty" in the past. Usually that type of behavior occurs around the second year in middle school, so that's why it's called "chuu-ni." Usually kids around that time will adopt a lifestyle that mimics their favorite musician or actor where they've adopted that person's posture/tone, but recently there's been a lot of influence from manga, anime, and video games. It might appear weird to older generations, but people working in the anime industry under 40 have experienced this phenomenon.

Our tale is a strange romantic story about a girl who's actively acting out this "chuunibyou" and a boy who has been cured from it.

---What did you keep in mind when working on the anime?
During the time when a person suffers from "chuunibyou," their mind is unstable and could easily fall into negative thoughts. Using this sort of adolescent theme would lead to very melancholic and gloomy visuals.

That type of gloomy atmosphere is not present in this work. We endeavored to make our heroine's chuunibyou actions cute and comedic. We also made the people around her, like the classmates, open-minded to her strange actions so that they wouldn't be mean to her.

---What made you happy when you finished this project? On the flip side, what troubled you about this show?
What made me happiest was taking a light novel from our company and making it into an anime. Just one novel would be nearly impossible to adapt, so we had to shuffle around the contents to make it easier.

As for what troubled me the most, it would be the work's main theme: the meaning of chuunibyou. Of course I would be expected to explain to the staff what we were trying to accomplish, but you wouldn't want to air out your own past when you're explaining it to them, would you? (laughs) As I remembered things that I had forgotten about my past, I started to sweat.

---Please tell us what to expect in the show from here onwards.

---Finally, can you give a word to the fans?
Though this series is about chuunibyou, it's not the "main theme" of this story. The show itself is an innocent romantic story. The phrase "chuunibyou" is a recent term to describe the uneasy mental state and actions felt/taken by boys and girls as they go through puberty. It's something standard for people of all generations. As you become more familiar with the characters, I would be happy if the fans became friends with Yuuta, Rikka, and everyone in the show.

original post here: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=4415990&postcount=1867

Thanks for the information.It makes me happy
Nov 1, 2012 12:03 AM

Apr 2011
I would be totally happy if this anime come to be mainly focused in romance, I miss Toradora you know? :( and this show is bringing me toradora nostalgy somehow and the action scenes just seal the deal...
Nov 1, 2012 8:47 AM

Jul 2010
tormented210 said:
I would be totally happy if this anime come to be mainly focused in romance, I miss Toradora you know? :( and this show is bringing me toradora nostalgy somehow and the action scenes just seal the deal...

Toradora is my favorite anime and I also missed so much ;_;

I hope there is more romance between Yuuta and Rikka
Nov 9, 2012 4:46 AM

Feb 2012
tormented210 said:

Watch The Pet Girl of Sakurasou Instead, Don't waste so much time on getting any romance in this series 'cause i think there will be only a half or even one-fourth of romance in it.
Nov 9, 2012 4:49 AM

Sep 2012
^ I kind of doubt romance in Sakurasou would be much more than half of the contents though (at least for the time being)...
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Nov 9, 2012 4:56 AM

Feb 2012
symbv said:
^ I kind of doubt romance in Sakurasou would be much more than half of the contents though (at least for the time being)...

Well, Let's see but i think it really focuses on romance seeing that there were lots of hints of it in the previous episodes.
Nov 9, 2012 8:38 PM

Nov 2010
I think both will present romance fairly well. Chuuni is backed up by that interview, while sakurasou has 26 eps, and in this pace I'm sure it will try a toradora. There are also some good romance shoujo lineup this season, and we has a Key adaptation (although it won't focus on romance)

This is a heavenly season for romance-drama fan...
Nov 14, 2012 4:02 PM

Apr 2011
pizza_012 said:
tormented210 said:

Watch The Pet Girl of Sakurasou Instead, Don't waste so much time on getting any romance in this series 'cause i think there will be only a half or even one-fourth of romance in it.

I'm watching it now, It's quite good but I dont think it will surprass Toradora and yet I prefer Yuuta and Rikka relationship I just can't get enough...but I have to agree with you, the romance in chuunibyou doesn't look like it goes way further but it's getting a bit better episode by episode.
Nov 21, 2012 11:48 PM

May 2012
Well episode 5,7 and 8 mostly focus on Yuuta x Rikka alone. And it will continue that way.
Nov 22, 2012 8:51 AM

Apr 2011
Yeah it sure is going pretty well, took me by surprise.
Dec 5, 2012 2:39 PM

Aug 2011
It's one on one romance.

More topics from this board

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Dec 19, 2012

672 by Ne-mo »»
Apr 20, 1:40 PM

» What would've happened to Rika if Yuuta hadn't reached out to her at the end of the season 1 finale

Soibi - Mar 10

7 by JohnZ_GGs »»
Mar 17, 2:16 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 2 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 10, 2012

323 by Zimmu »»
Mar 13, 9:09 AM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 3, 2012

431 by Devonnius »»
Feb 25, 11:52 PM

Poll: » Chuunibyou demo Koi ga Shitai! Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 12, 2012

489 by FarCritical »»
Feb 22, 1:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.