Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »
Oct 29, 2012 7:43 AM
Jul 2009
I'm attacking SAO because it is far more sexist than most other anime out there.

Of course, the undisputed king is still School Days. It's quite impossible to top that. But SAO is right up there as well, alongside Mirai Nikki.

Otherwise, your average anime is pretty okay. There's generally a lack of presence of powerful women, and most women are support characters, like Naruto and FMA, but at least they aren't reduced to sex objects.
Oct 29, 2012 7:44 AM

Jun 2009
whatever123456 said:

But it doesn't.
The anime leaves out a lot of explanation, so people that want to find flaws jump to wrong conclusions.

Enlighten me. Where's the flaws jump? and which part was deceptive?

I'll answer them for you

EDIT: Come on, ask me. I'm waiting

@Nidhogge, if you don't mind, I like to answer Steins;Gate's question. You can focus on other things like sexism and logic in SAO instead
AirStylesOct 29, 2012 7:49 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2012 7:44 AM

Apr 2009
whatever123456 said:

Full VR that intercepts your brain signals and everything is also far far away, I don't think I will see it in my lifetime.
That claim is stupid anyways, so SAO's flaw is that it's more realistic than S;G?
The government tried to help them and created a department for SAO but couldn't "hack" it or interfere otherwise without risking the deaths of 10000 people.
They also couldn't find Kayaba, so what choice did they have? They even monitored their ingame progress, so the best bet was to wait and sit it out instead of doing something stupid.

At least it is possible unlike time machines, which sets SAO in a much harder position to maintain the suspension of disbelief. And yes, that can be a problem if the series isn't consistent within itself, like so many other people already mentioned because people WILL compare it reality more than a setup that is more outworldly. If SAO would ditch the whole MMO aspect and the story would only revolve around the hero Kirito who saves his wife Asuna while battling evil schemers and monsters, people would still criticize some deus ex machina devices, but stuff like the "where did they treat the bodies", etc. would fall flat. The realism aspect and the inconsistent way it is handled is big point of criticism the way it stands right now.

And letting 4k people die (2k alone in the first month) is what will make them look like a government that has everything under control? Are you fucking serious? Do you know the Mossad did to former Nazis after the organization was founded? Kayaba would be the number one target of any secret service and would be dead soon enough. It doesn't even have to be Japanese SS because other countries would capture him or trade information for other benefits. The "Kayaba can't be found as SAO is unhackable" thing is the most ridiculous flaw in the whole setting.

NidhoeggrOct 29, 2012 7:52 AM
Steel Ball Run anime when?
Oct 29, 2012 7:45 AM

Sep 2012
Devilry said:
I'm attacking SAO because it is far more sexist than most other anime out there.

I don't see it is "far more sexist" - not better but not worse than the anime out there.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 29, 2012 7:48 AM

Sep 2012
Nidhoeggr said:

And letting 4k people dies (2k alone in the first month) is what will make them look like a government that has everything under control? Are you fucking serious? Do you know the Mossad did to former Nazis after the organization was founded? Kayaba would be the number one target of any secret service and would be dead soon enough. It doesn't even have to be Japanese SS because other countries would capture him or trade information for other benefits. The "Kayaba can't be found as SAO is unhackable" thing is the most ridiculous flaw in the whole setting.

Such kind of grand event that involves lots of deaths but yet the villain is out of touch is not just restricted to SAO. Again bringing Mossad into the criticism is just weird. It seems you just try to find flaws because you find yourself not enjoying the other parts of the anime.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 29, 2012 7:48 AM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:
ssjokg said:

Sending sms in THE PAST is not time travel?Ok...
Sern:jelly humans,bad result,no big change on the world line due to time travel.
Okabe:No human deaths,good and bad results depending on what they did,they fucked up the world line pretty bad.

No matter how you look at it Okabe's "time machine/travel" was better when considering what time travel is meant to be used for.Changing the past.

Nope, it's not time travel. Okabe, is the only individual in the whole show who's conscious is connected much tightly to timelines. When a D-mail is sent, there's no time travel take place, the world just adjust to a different timeline. (Rope, threads, timeline)

What SERN tried to do, was to change the "CURRENT" time line, and forcefully change it from A to B with human transfer. And with it's technology at the time, it's simply impossible. (As the content will be emptied out)

What SERN tried to do, and what Okabe's D-mail does, the difference is.
One is adjusting a thread in a rope, another is to forcefully change rope A to rope B.
Even calling those 2 very different is A BIG BIG BIG understatement.

What makes you think no human died in Okabe's experiment?
For all Okabe knows, he might have died more than 40 times. The only difference is, time leap machine kept his concious by sending it to the past. What happen to his "Real" body remained a mystery.

remember, we are watching the whole thing with Okabe's POV, everyone else's time is still going despite his time leap and D-mail. All those Mayuri that died... They are still dead

Did people die because of the time travel?No they died because of the changes in the world line not the TRAVEL itself.
Did Okabe greatly change the past?Yes
Did Sern?No.
That is enough.Thats what matters from a "scientific" point of view.
Oct 29, 2012 7:56 AM

Aug 2009
Devilry said:

Of course, the undisputed king is still School Days. It's quite impossible to top that. But SAO is right up there as well, alongside Mirai Nikki.

Otherwise, your average anime is pretty okay. There's generally a lack of presence of powerful women, and most women are support characters, like Naruto and FMA, but at least they aren't reduced to sex objects.
WTF am I reading?Are you saying that all the shitty ero "comedy" jokes Naruto makes,targeted to Sakura or the fact that she loves Sasuke(a world criminal,traitor,murderer,emo,who kills his own nakama which is the WORST kind of thing in shounen shows) simply because he is cool isnt offending women?

How am I even supposed to make a serious reply to that?
Oct 29, 2012 7:58 AM

Apr 2009
symbv said:

Such kind of grand event that involves lots of deaths but yet the villain is out of touch is not just restricted to SAO. Again bringing Mossad into the criticism is just weird. It seems you just try to find flaws because you find yourself not enjoying the other parts of the anime.

symbv said:

Now you bring Japan and its national character into criticism of an anime? This is a national prejudice that you are showing man..

Look up their border dispute with China (and Taiwan) over the Senkaku/Diaoyu isles.

And I criticize the anime because the whole behaviour of the offline parties in this anime is bullshit. The anime has made some efforts to appear as a realistic setting, yet the whole premise falls flat in the very second you put one second of thought into it in regards to the offline actors. I use real world examples because if the novel would stick to its premise there is NO WAY these actions wouldn't start to happen. And that leaves two possibilities:
a) The author isn't able to anticipate these very obvious reactions to such an event that would have to happen if he includes such a (pseudo)-realistic setting in his story. This makes him a very bad writer.
b) The author doesn't care or just ignores these flaws. Which makes him an even worse writer.

ssjokg said:
Devilry said:

WTF am I reading?

This, I find Naruto to be very sexist as well. Women are healers or useless. And if they are somehow strong in their initial appearance, they will be reduced to healers and/or useless side characters further down the line.
Oct 29, 2012 8:00 AM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:

Did people die because of the time travel?No they died because of the changes in the world line not the TRAVEL itself.
Did Sern?No.

1. Sern couldn't build a liable time machine, which is why their test subject turned to jelly. (To put it bluntly, it's just a big phone microwave trying to send human back in time instead of messages)

2. No, Okabe didn't change the past, he merely slightly altered the world "thread"

Remember those worldline tube thing that he have?
That shows what world line he's in.
He only made "VERY SLIGHT" changes for time term

He need to pass a whole % just to make it back to timeline B(A real change). All the time he's sending D-mail, he's only accomplishing less than 1% of changes, and time leap changes squat. But why is the world looking so different? Butterfly Effect.

Not even changing the whole of Akiba can achieve anything close to 1%. In short, didn't change the future, at least not even close to enough to be significant

out of 3 weeks of attempt, Okabe only achieve changing the future once.

3. Yes, in world line B, Sern succeeded in making a Dystopia. Using time machines to keep their future in check. The only difference is Daru in B also created a faulty time machine for Suzuha. Which she goes back in time as John Titor. Did she change the past. Yes, but it's not for her and her father to experience the fruit of their success, it's all Okabe.

FFS why did my Portable have to fry last month, I can only try to remember S;G via my head. Can't even give you guys episode number to Makise's explanations and such...

Keep the question coming
AirStylesOct 29, 2012 8:06 AM
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 29, 2012 8:00 AM

Sep 2012
Nidhoeggr said:

Look up their border dispute with China (and Taiwan) over the Senkaku/Diaoyu isles.

Precisely, it does not show passivity on Japan side. The fact that it took only the "nationaisation" action to prompt China to react strongly might be argued as a case of Chinese passivity instead.

Nidhoeggr said:

And I criticize the anime because the whole behaviour of the offline parties in this anime is bullshit. The anime has made some efforts to appear as a realistic setting, yet the whole premise falls flat in the very second you put one second of thought into it in regards to the offline actors.

I don't think it is trying to put it on a setting more realistic than, say, Steins;Gate. If we can tolerate the ridiculousness of the setting in S;G I don't see why we should go particularly harsh at SAO.

Oct 29, 2012 8:01 AM

Oct 2012
Asuna has big boobs so I like SAO
Amine/Manga lover
Oct 29, 2012 8:02 AM

Oct 2012
Animemangamano said:
Asuna has big boobs so I like SAO
Suguha's boobs are bigger
Oct 29, 2012 8:05 AM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:
ssjokg said:

Did Sern?No.

1. Sern couldn't build a liable time machine, which is why their test subject turned to jelly. (To put it bluntly, it's just a big phone microwave trying to send human back in time instead of messages)

2. No, Okabe didn't change the past, he merely slightly altered the world "thread"

Remember those worldline tube thing that he have?
That shows what world line he's in.
He's in a different place all together, leaving everyone else behind.

He need to pass a whole % just to make it back to timeline B. All the time he's sending D-mail, he's only accomplishing less than 1% of changes, and time leap changes squat. But why is the world looking so different? Butterfly Effect.

Not even changing the whole of Akiba can achieve anything close to 1% .

3. Yes, in world line B, Sern succeeded in making a Dystopia. Using time machines to keep their future in check. The only difference is Daru in B also created a faulty time machine for Suzuha. Which she goes back in time as John Titor. Did she change the past. Yes, but it's not for her and her father to experience the fruit of their success, it's all Okabe.

So he changed world line without changing the past?That doesnt make any sense.It doesnt matter if others knew of the changes.The past DID change.

Why do you bring all the rest in this argument is beyond me.Okabe changed events of the past.We KNOW that he did it.Whether you call it changing world lines or not has nothing to do with it.
Oct 29, 2012 8:08 AM

Oct 2012
AirStyles said:

Keep the question coming
How did Okabe acquire the Reading Steiner? What are the requirements to get it? Is reading steiner exclusive to okabe?
Oct 29, 2012 8:09 AM

Oct 2012
Does anybody no any short manga series
or shots that are good
because I finished buying death note
and need something new to start collecting
Amine/Manga lover
Oct 29, 2012 8:09 AM

Aug 2009
lionheart04 said:
AirStyles said:

Keep the question coming
How did Okabe acquire the Reading Steiner? What are the requirements to get it? Is reading steiner exclusive to okabe?

He was born during a Major Divergence Point.Which "activated' his Reading Steiner.
Oct 29, 2012 8:10 AM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:

So he changed world line without changing the past?That doesnt make any sense.It doesnt matter if others knew of the changes.The past DID change.

Why do you bring all the rest in this argument is beyond me.Okabe changed events of the past.We KNOW that he did it.Whether you call it changing world lines or not has nothing to do with it.

The past did change, but it's close to no changes for a for real change to happen.
He sent 4 D-mail in World Line A. And yet remain right on route for Mayuri's death, and dystopia.
He change the whole of Akiba, but that's not even close to enough.

The big change that he need, is to erase all traces of Daru's hacking. (In otherword, completely conceal themselves form SERN, the superpower that's going to take over the world)

Go look up the episode where Amane Suzuha explain how world line works using ropes.
See the 4 D-mail he sent? They all didn't make even close to enough changes for him to completely change his world line to the other rope. Where it'll lead to WWIII instead of Dystopia.

4 D-mail. Deface the whole of Akiba. And future remained the same.

ssjokg said:
lionheart04 said:
AirStyles said:

Keep the question coming

He was born during a Major Divergence Point.Which "activated' his Reading Steiner.

I actually don't know the answer to that (How he acquire reading Steiner have always been a mystery to me, I know it got something to do with divergence point, but didn't know enough to not call it a "Set theme")

So thanks for that
Oct 29, 2012 8:11 AM

Apr 2009
symbv said:
Nidhoeggr said:

Precisely, it does not show passivity on Japan side. The fact that it took only the "nationaisation" action to prompt China to react strongly might be argued as a case of Chinese passivity instead.

Nidhoeggr said:

And I criticize the anime because the whole behaviour of the offline parties in this anime is bullshit. The anime has made some efforts to appear as a realistic setting, yet the whole premise falls flat in the very second you put one second of thought into it in regards to the offline actors.

I don't think it is trying to put it on a setting more realistic than, say, Steins;Gate. If we can tolerate the ridiculousness of the setting in S;G I don't see why we should go particularly harsh at SAO.

Regarding the Senkaku isles: China's aggressive behaviour to conquer foreign ressources and technologies was and is one of primary fears of Japan. However, while the current approach may lead to secured soil ressources, the isolation policies inherent to the mayority of Japanese enterprises will make them more dependent on China's main market. Additionally, Japanese history and their disaknowledgement of war cimes is fueling the conflict even more.

The setting in S;G is both more outworldly (time-machines) and more realistic than in SAO at the same time, because here the extern authorities act in a beliebable way by trying to assasinate our heroes and oppress and conquer vital information. In SAO, most actors are just waaay to passive to ensure that our dear Kirito-kun can have his sugoi adventures and be the hero.
Oct 29, 2012 8:11 AM

Oct 2012
ssjokg said:
lionheart04 said:
AirStyles said:

Keep the question coming

Wow is that from the VN? I don't remember it being explained in the anime
Oct 29, 2012 8:14 AM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:
ssjokg said:

The past did change, but it's close to no changes for a for real change to happen.
He sent 4 D-mail in World Line A. And yet remain right on route for Mayuri's death, and dystopia.
He change the whole of Akiba, but that's not even close to enough.

The big change that he need, is to erase all traces of Daru's hacking. (In otherword, completely conceal themselves form SERN, the superpower that's going to take over the world)

Go look up the episode where Amane Suzuha explain how world line works using ropes.
See the 4 D-mail he sent? They all didn't make even close to enough changes for him to completely change his world line to the other rope. Where it'll lead to WWIII instead of Dystopia.

4 D-mail. Deface the whole of Akiba. And future remained the same.

When did I say that his first tries(except with Ferris dmail in her ending) before they hack into Sern, changed world lines?
Oct 29, 2012 8:15 AM

Jun 2009
lionheart04 said:
ssjokg said:
lionheart04 said:
AirStyles said:

Keep the question coming

It didn't explain in the anime from my memories.

The closest thing to it was the implication we get when Okabe was sick when he was little, and he felt the sensation of timeline changes. (quite possibly SERN's work)

Can anyone do me a favor and look back to SERN's research?
Check all their documents on "Human is dead" failure, and see if any of them occur roughly 6~14 years ago. in other word... between 1996~2004

My portable fried, along with my steins;gate, so I can't check.

ssjokg said:

When did I say that his first tries(except with Ferris dmail in her ending) before they hack into Sern, changed world lines?

I lost you, please restate your question
Oct 29, 2012 8:16 AM
Jul 2009
Ok fine, Naruto was a bad example.

Still, there are plenty others. Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is definitely an example with a lead girl who is able to be attractive without losing her sense of autonomy, and while she has feelings for the male character, she doesn't allow them to control her own enthusiasm for her life.

Beelzebub is another great example with Aoi Kunieda, who has a crush on the male lead, but continues to be enthusiastic about other parts of her life unrelated to him.

In the romance department we have AnoHana. Despite two female characters being afflicted with unrequited love, it is not afraid to show us that they have their own internal issues as while, and that they can still be attractive in spite of it.

If you want an example from a harem, we have School Rumble. The women don't just flock to the male lead because he happens to be suave or kind. Their feelings for him develop over and very long period of time, and each other them like him in a very different way. Whatmore, his initial target of affection doesn't ever truly reciprocate his feelings, which is humbling because it shows that the male lead doesn't just 'get' all the girls.
Oct 29, 2012 8:19 AM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:
lionheart04 said:
ssjokg said:
lionheart04 said:
AirStyles said:

Keep the question coming

The closest thing to it was the implication we get when Okabe was sick when he was little, and he felt the sensation of timeline changes. (quite possibly SERN's work)

Check all their documents on "Human is dead" failure, and see if any of them occur roughly 6~14 years ago. in other word... between 1996~2004

ssjokg said:

He was born in December 14th, Gulf War, Collpase of the Soviet Union which is a Major Divergence Point.He headaches were because of the Y2K Divergence point.

ssjokgOct 29, 2012 8:22 AM
Oct 29, 2012 8:21 AM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:
AirStyles said:
lionheart04 said:
ssjokg said:
lionheart04 said:
AirStyles said:

Keep the question coming

ssjokg said:

He was born in December 14th, Gulf War, Collpase of the Soviet Union which is a Major Divergence Point.He headaches were because of the Y2K Divergence point

F*CK!

Gulf War... Y2K.. and 2010... how did I forget all this... Suzuha have literally explained them all...

EDIT: YES! I was dead on with my between 1996~2004, something did happen in 2000. though I looked at the wrong area.
Oct 29, 2012 8:21 AM

Sep 2012
Nidhoeggr said:

Regarding the Senkaku isles: China's aggressive behaviour to conquer foreign ressources and technologies was and is one of primary fears of Japan. However, while the current approach may lead to secured soil ressources, the isolation policies inherent to the mayority of Japanese enterprises will make them more dependent on China's main market. Additionally, Japanese history and their disaknowledgement of war cimes is fueling the conflict even more.

I can agree much of it, but still that does not prove that Japan is being passive in the Senkaku/Diaoyu dispute.
Nidhoeggr said:

The setting in S;G is both more outworldly (time-machines) and more realistic than in SAO at the same time, because here the extern authorities act in a beliebable way by trying to assasinate our heroes and oppress and conquer vital information. In SAO, most actors are just waaay to passive to ensure that our dear Kirito-kun can have his sugoi adventures and be the hero.

I am not sure S;G is more realistic to be honest, but definitely more outworldly. I can agree that SAO is presenting the MC in too amazing light too. It is just that I do not see how necessarily means "The anime has made some efforts to appear as a realistic setting, yet the whole premise falls flat in the very second you put one second of thought into it in regards to the offline actors."

Oct 29, 2012 8:26 AM

Apr 2009
symbv said:

I can agree much of it, but still that does not prove that Japan is being passive in the Senkaku/Diaoyu dispute.

I am not sure S;G is more realistic to be honest, but definitely more outworldly. I can agree that SAO is presenting the MC in too amazing light too. It is just that I do not see how necessarily means "The anime has made some efforts to appear as a realistic setting, yet the whole premise falls flat in the very second you put one second of thought into it in regards to the offline actors."

Aggressive passive may be more correct in this case, as the overall policy of Japan did harm its case and this dispute is a symptons of the underlying conflicts illustrating the core problem.

And I guess we just have different perspective in that rgeard. Anyway, a good discussion til now.
Oct 29, 2012 8:27 AM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:
ssjokg said:
AirStyles said:

ssjokg said:

He was born in December 14th, Gulf War, Collpase of the Soviet Union which is a Major Divergence Point.He headaches were because of the Y2K Divergence point

F*CK!

Gulf War... Y2K.. and 2010... how did I forget all this... Suzuha have literally explained them all...

EDIT: YES! I was dead on with my between 1996~2004, something did happen in 2000. though looking at the wrong area.

Sorry I didnt see your edit with my last post....

In my last post:I never said that his first tries with the dmail changed the world line.Only in Ferris ending in the VN that happens but it isnt what you call a bad or happy ending. Although I am not sure if that counts, the divergence meter showed 0.something before the change and after the change it showed .3211 something.Without the 0 in it,it wasnt a typo.So is it a change in world lines or not.Mayuri doesnt die so maybe yes.
Oct 29, 2012 8:29 AM

Sep 2012
Devilry said:

Still, there are plenty others. Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is definitely an example with a lead girl who is able to be attractive without losing her sense of autonomy, and while she has feelings for the male character, she doesn't allow them to control her own enthusiasm for her life.

Asuna is still pretty autonomous to me.
Devilry said:

Beelzebub is another great example with Aoi Kunieda, who has a crush on the male lead, but continues to be enthusiastic about other parts of her life unrelated to him.

I am sure if Asuna is back to the real world she will show enthusiasm with other parts of her life. Inside the game, she is preoccupied with the thought that she will lose Kirito anytime (remember what got Asuna and Kirito to marry and live together).
Devilry said:

In the romance department we have AnoHana. Despite two female characters being afflicted with unrequited love, it is not afraid to show us that they have their own internal issues as while, and that they can still be attractive in spite of it.

This is one thing I am not so happy with the anime, because it only touches on the internal issues of Asuna very briefly and it is very easy to miss them.
Devilry said:

If you want an example from a harem, we have School Rumble. The women don't just flock to the male lead because he happens to be suave or kind. Their feelings for him develop over and very long period of time, and each other them like him in a very different way. Whatmore, his initial target of affection doesn't ever truly reciprocate his feelings, which is humbling because it shows that the male lead doesn't just 'get' all the girls.

Asuna's feeling is developed for two years and she did not start to like him straight away, and Kirito did not reciprocate her feelings at first. That said, this is another part that the anime should have shown us more. And I'd agree that SAO has a significant element of male fantasy so the girls get to deeply like Kirito even though they spent only a short time with him (although in each occasion one can argue that Kirito indeed did amazing thing for them).

Oct 29, 2012 8:32 AM

Jun 2009
ssjokg said:
AirStyles said:
ssjokg said:
AirStyles said:

ssjokg said:

F*CK!

EDIT: YES! I was dead on with my between 1996~2004, something did happen in 2000. though looking at the wrong area.

In my last post:I never said that his first tries with the dmail changed the world line.Only in Ferris ending in the VN that happens but it isnt what you call a bad or happy ending. Although I am not sure if that counts, the divergence meter showed 0.something before the change and after the change it showed .3211 something.Without the 0 in it,it wasnt a typo.So is it a change in world lines or not.Mayuri doesnt die so maybe yes.

I always thought that Mayuri is doomed to be dead within the 0. world line. (Didn't know the number can disappear all together)

Because as long as they didn't pass over to 1. Mayuri's time of death is but altered by days.

The only time Mayuri really survive is when they pass back to 1.???? , which lead to Makise's death instead.

You read the VN right? Is Steins;Gate a world line outside of 1.?
Oct 29, 2012 8:45 AM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:
ssjokg said:
AirStyles said:
ssjokg said:
AirStyles said:

ssjokg said:

F*CK!

I always thought that Mayuri is doomed to be dead within the 0. world line.

Because as long as they didn't pass over to 1. Mayuri's time of death is but altered by days.

The only time Mayuri really survive is when they pass back to 1.???? , which lead to Makise's death instead.

You read the VN right? Is Steins;Gate a world line outside of 1.?

I dont get how the digits work.I dont think anyone does except for Future Okabe who made the meter.

We know that 0.5291 or whatever had to go beyond 1.
But Mayuri survives in the world line with .22414 or something.No 0.% or 1.%

Makise's death wasnt "fated" though.What changed the world line was that the papers were burned. Kurisu could have been saved even without burning the papers.They didnt need to change WL for her but for the whole world.

Here is Ferris End Which is a lot different from the rest
Oct 29, 2012 8:52 AM

Jun 2009
One... Hour... I think I'll check it out in tomorrow morning.

bais.
Oct 29, 2012 8:56 AM

Aug 2009
AirStyles said:
One... Hour... I think I'll check it out in tomorrow morning.

bais.

XDXDXD

Btw check out Suzuha's ending too.For me it is the best out of the alternate endings.Maybe because of its "dark" theme.
Oct 29, 2012 9:14 AM
Jul 2012
the steins gate visual novel looks epic for the explinations
Oct 29, 2012 9:23 AM

Jul 2012
Nobody gives a flying fuck, just enjoy the anime.
Critic.
Oct 29, 2012 10:17 AM
Oct 2012
AirStyles said:
whatever123456 said:

But it doesn't.
The anime leaves out a lot of explanation, so people that want to find flaws jump to wrong conclusions.

Enlighten me. Where's the flaws jump? and which part was deceptive?

I'll answer them for you

EDIT: Come on, ask me. I'm waiting

@Nidhogge, if you don't mind, I like to answer Steins;Gate's question. You can focus on other things like sexism and logic in SAO instead

Every single one of the so called "plotholes" that either got explained later in the anime or not.

Nidhoeggr said:
whatever123456 said:

Full VR that intercepts your brain signals and everything is also far far away, I don't think I will see it in my lifetime.
That claim is stupid anyways, so SAO's flaw is that it's more realistic than S;G?
The government tried to help them and created a department for SAO but couldn't "hack" it or interfere otherwise without risking the deaths of 10000 people.
They also couldn't find Kayaba, so what choice did they have? They even monitored their ingame progress, so the best bet was to wait and sit it out instead of doing something stupid.

At least it is possible unlike time machines, which sets SAO in a much harder position to maintain the suspension of disbelief. And yes, that can be a problem if the series isn't consistent within itself, like so many other people already mentioned because people WILL compare it reality more than a setup that is more outworldly. If SAO would ditch the whole MMO aspect and the story would only revolve around the hero Kirito who saves his wife Asuna while battling evil schemers and monsters, people would still criticize some deus ex machina devices, but stuff like the "where did they treat the bodies", etc. would fall flat. The realism aspect and the inconsistent way it is handled is big point of criticism the way it stands right now.

And letting 4k people die (2k alone in the first month) is what will make them look like a government that has everything under control? Are you fucking serious? Do you know the Mossad did to former Nazis after the organization was founded? Kayaba would be the number one target of any secret service and would be dead soon enough. It doesn't even have to be Japanese SS because other countries would capture him or trade information for other benefits. The "Kayaba can't be found as SAO is unhackable" thing is the most ridiculous flaw in the whole setting.

It took the US quite some time to find Osama, so why should they find him in a short time especially if he planned it out before? It's the premise, it doesn't have anything to do with suspension of disbelief.
Oct 29, 2012 10:36 AM

Apr 2009
whatever123456 said:

It took the US quite some time to find Osama, so why should they find him in a short time especially if he planned it out before? It's the premise, it doesn't have anything to do with suspension of disbelief.

Osama wasn't a connected player in the exact game he designed and I'm sure the infrasturcture to support SAO is soemthing that can be located. They can locate most people who use the Nervegear and bring them into hospitals but they can't find the admin who is logged in into the same game with the same technology?
Also, Kayaba is a single person without any allies. And he does live in a first world country, not in a mountain area with more caves, secret paths and supporters than any terrorists can hope for.
Oct 29, 2012 10:38 AM
Oct 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
whatever123456 said:

Osama wasn't a connected player in the exact game he designed and I'm sure the infrasturcture to support SAO is soemthing that can be located. They can locate most people who use the Nervegear and bring them into hospitals but they can't find the admin who is logged in into the same game with the same technology?

Kayaba sent them the location of every player connected to SAO to get them to hospitals.
Oct 29, 2012 10:41 AM

Apr 2009
whatever123456 said:

Kayaba sent them the location of every player connected to SAO to get them to hospitals.

And we're once again back at the "Kayaba has h4x encryption" argument. Also, what about the money neccessary to maintain such a gigantic project. Of course the government would try to freeze his acocunts as well as trying to maintain the servers, but money can be tracked as well. And I have problems believing that Kayaba can live a life without any money.
Oct 29, 2012 10:45 AM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
whatever123456 said:

And we're once again back at the "Kayaba has h4x encryption" argument. Also, what about the money neccessary to maintain such a gigantic project. Of course the government would try to freeze his acocunts as well as trying to maintain the servers, but money can be tracked as well. And I have problems believing that Kayaba can live a life without any money.
He had an assistant.(Not Sugou)
Oct 29, 2012 10:48 AM
Oct 2012
Nidhoeggr said:
whatever123456 said:

What? Having someone send them an email can be traced to Kayaba how?
He doesn't need money while living in some cabin in the woods.
That's what I meant. Can't you at least think a bit before you ask such questions? Kayaba created a whole VR game and planned this for years in advance and you need to be told specifically that he made sure to have enough food to survive some time without needing to go shopping every week?
Oct 29, 2012 10:48 AM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:

Who can't be tracked?

whatever123456 said:

That's what I meant. Can't you at least think a bit before you ask such questions? Kayaba created a whole VR game and planned this for years in advance and you need to be told specifically that he made sure to have enough food to survive some time without needing to go shopping every week?

1) I has to be in a place where he can access his creation 24/7.
2) He most likely hasn't left Japan.
3) There are always traces left behind.

Is it really so hard to believe that a government would try to close this case as soon as possible when the lives of ten fucking thousand people are threatened?
NidhoeggrOct 29, 2012 10:52 AM
Oct 29, 2012 10:55 AM

Jul 2011
I dont understand what the point of this is. In probably EVERY anime, theres a stereotype like that. If that offends you I cant imagine you watching Eiken
Oct 29, 2012 11:03 AM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
ssjokg said:

Who can't be tracked?

whatever123456 said:

Is it really so hard to believe that a government would try to close this case as soon as possible when the lives of ten fucking thousand people are threatened?

He plays the game with the name Heathcliff not Kayaba Akihiko.How would they know that he is Heathcliff.Yes maybe they could track down "Heathcliff" IF they knew who it is.And they didnt even know that he was playing.

Track his assistant?How?She only had to take care of him during the times he was logged in.He,unlike the players could log out anytime.They didnt need a large amount of cash for this.

And yes it is really hard.My gov doesn't give a shit for millions of people.i wound be surprised about japan and 10k people
Oct 29, 2012 11:12 AM

Apr 2009
I am not an expert, but I do believe that administrator accounts stick out of the data stream a bit and login data is stored somewhere more people than just a single individual can access. Also, there are legal issues that require you to give information about nearly everything. Even Kayaba had to follow these laws at first, otherwise he wouldn't be able to release a game. And the assistant surely has some information regarding Kayaba's personal status; she should be easy to find as well. As I said, it is very hard to not track a person in a developed society that has security instruments installed everywhere and the capacity to monitor each citizen's life effortlessly. ESPECIALLY with the internet being as connected with the real world as it is in SAO.

And well, I would say it sucks to be in your country then ssjokg.
Oct 29, 2012 11:14 AM
Oct 2012

It's some cabin in the middle of nowhere and still in Japan if I remember correctly.

This isn't CSI.
Oct 29, 2012 11:15 AM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
I am not an expert, but I do believe that administrator accounts stick out of the data stream a bit and login data is stored somewhere more people than just a single individual can access. Also, there are legal issues that require you to give information about nearly everything. Even Kayaba had to follow these laws at first, otherwise he wouldn't be able to release a game. And the assistant surely has some information regarding Kayaba's personal status; she should be easy to find as well. As I said, it is very hard to not track a person in a developed society that has security instruments installed everywhere and the capacity to monitor each citizen's life effortlessly. ESPECIALLY with the internet being as connected with the real world as it is in SAO.

And well, I would say it sucks to be in your country then ssjokg.

Yeah it sucks pretty bad.

For games at least I never give my real personal info.It didnt stop me from playing
Oct 29, 2012 11:18 AM

Apr 2009
whatever123456 said:

This isn't CSI.

No, but it still doesn't make any kind of sense. He isn't a fucking terrorist leader that doesn't use modern communication channels, hides in Afghanistan/Jemen/another country with nearly no methods of tracking people and has a gigantic network of supporters that provide him with anything he needs. He is a single programmer with a single assistant. And he still maintains contact with his creation that is closely mirrored by a government that has access to several secret services, police forces, hackers, etc.

ssjokg said:

For games at least I never give my real personal info.It didnt stop me from playing

I know what you mean, but it's getting more and more impossible to hide your personal information. Which makes the premise of SAO all the more unbelievable because well, a person does not vanish into thin air without leaving something of interest behind.
NidhoeggrOct 29, 2012 11:24 AM
Oct 29, 2012 11:38 AM
Sep 2011
SAO is really closed server (black box). There is no way to track all connections (SAO has a lot connections besides players), no experiments are safe. They can't even block new connections. Collecting data from server is almost useless, as Kayaba is Heathcliff. If no mistakes are made tracking is almost impossible (many years of plans).
Oct 29, 2012 11:48 AM

Aug 2009
Nidhoeggr said:
whatever123456 said:

This isn't CSI.

No, but it still doesn't make any kind of sense. He isn't a fucking terrorist leader that doesn't use modern communication channels, hides in Afghanistan/Jemen/another country with nearly no methods of tracking people and has a gigantic network of supporters that provide him with anything he needs. He is a single programmer with a single assistant. And he still maintains contact with his creation that is closely mirrored by a government that has access to several secret services, police forces, hackers, etc.

ssjokg said:

I know what you mean, but it's getting more and more impossible to hide your personal information. Which makes the premise of SAO all the more unbelievable because well, a person does not vanish into thin air without leaving something of interest behind.

.Although I have yet to play a game where I dint get away with false info.

SAO was written in 2002.It is logical for the writer to think game companies wont become such a pain in the ass for no fucking reason(at least for me there is no reason giving personal info to play a fucking game).I mean who would have thought back then that game developers would make games incomplete just to make you buy DLCs?From 2002 to 2012 a lot of changes were made in the videogaming industry.
Oct 29, 2012 11:55 AM

Apr 2009
ssjokg said:

.Although I have yet to play a game where I dint get away with false info.

SAO was written in 2002.It is logical for the writer to think game companies wont become such a pain in the ass for no fucking reason(at least for me there is no reason giving personal info to play a fucking game).I mean who would have thought back then that game developers would make games incomplete just to make you buy DLCs?From 2002 to 2012 a lot of changes were made in the videogaming industry.

True, but tracking and having to register trademarks, rent servers, etc. still is the same.
Also, does the SAO Progressive novel change some of these details? It would be the ideal opportunity for the author to better reflect recent trends.
Pages (10) « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 7 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
5 hours ago

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.