Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 29, 2012 10:41 AM

Sep 2012
this episode made me laugh Yui's jealousy and the way she "unknowingly" stalked yuuya was hilarious but in a way cute :)
Cryska's realization was heartwarming she's been through a lot, Inia solved most of her loneliness. Now she's learning the concept of "love"

Cui is a complete 180 from everyone she's funny but thats about it :P

I have a question for those of you who are [a lot] more into the Muv Luv universe: How did the Beta get to Earth did they ride on meteors/astroids or can they survive through the atmosphere (sorry i might have missed this)
Oct 29, 2012 10:58 AM

Aug 2011
ZetaGanja said:
I have a question for those of you who are [a lot] more into the Muv Luv universe: How did the Beta get to Earth did they ride on meteors/astroids or can they survive through the atmosphere (sorry i might have missed this)

Been wondering about this for a while too..., we saw them on the moon i think(?), so how did they get down to earth?

OT: For those who played Final Fantasy 8, when i first saw the beta on the moon then on earth, the first thing that came to my mind was the 'Lunar Cry' lol
5547r8.jpgNaxrrhid.png
Oct 29, 2012 11:15 AM
May 2009
Naxrrhid said:
ZetaGanja said:

Been wondering about this for a while too..., we saw them on the moon i think(?), so how did they get down to earth?

OT: For those who played Final Fantasy 8, when i first saw the beta on the moon then on earth, the first thing that came to my mind was the 'Lunar Cry' lol

They were first sighted on Mars near the end of the 1950s; first encountered on the Moon in the late 1960s. The Kashgar Hive landed on Earth early 1970s.

Also, I find it funny everyone's ignoring the first part of the episode. You know.

ALTERNATIVE III

Anyway, Kasumi clone etc etc
Oct 29, 2012 11:22 AM

Jan 2011
It's official, they renamed this show to Much-Love Alternative: Total Harem.
Lots of potential, but they fucked up as if they were J.C. Staff. Historical animation quality, fascinating story depth and uber high-tech graphical animations of doom.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 29, 2012 11:24 AM

Sep 2012
MasterMeNL said:

Interesting that you know there is a harem being built in Total Eclipse only now.
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 29, 2012 11:46 AM

Jun 2011
...Its pretty obvoious almost no one here played the VNs.

Well, whateva, lets just go on with some more romatic scenes. Did you all just forgot episode 2?

Since the anime almost needs that you know from the BETA and the 5 Alternative Plans beforehand, Im gonna shortly summarize it.

> BETA land on earth
> Planes do shit against them cuz Laser Class
> First TSF developed
> G-Bombs developed (Heavy firin, but they may have side effect like an atomic bomb and make the land almost useless, so they dont use them often)
> China Russia Europe Mainland compeltely overrun (iirc).
> 5 Billion People died already (yes, only 1/6 of humanity is alive).
> Human cant communicate with them, try anyway (and fail, more than one time)

Yuuya currently a Test Pilot, and as such, on the, more or less, safe Final Defense Line.

Since this plays in the Alternative Universe and Yuuya now more or less Japanese I expect:

Its like the VNs and the very first episodes: FIrst regular anime-harem stuff, then it develops little more drama,
Oct 29, 2012 11:55 AM
Jul 2012
symbv said:
MasterMeNL said:

Interesting that you know there is a harem being built in Total Eclipse only now.

Secondaries and/or people who figured the show was only going to be MATURE, EDGY GORE from the first two episodes. Not that TE

ZetaGanja said:

Oct 29, 2012 11:57 AM
Jul 2012
angelslayerX said:

You're going to be disappointed as well. TE is almost entirely separate from Alternative. It has about as much relation to the trilogy as Fate does to Tsukihime.

The only real cross-over will be when they eventually take part in Ouka, and even then, the novels haven't gone that far and it is extremely unlikely that they'll be anything more than one of the diversions at another location.

LordofHomoOct 29, 2012 12:02 PM
Oct 29, 2012 12:04 PM

Jun 2011
LordofHomo said:
angelslayerX said:

You're going to be disappointed as well. TE is almost entirely separate from Alternative. It has about as much relation to the trilogy as Fate does to Tsukihime.

The only real cross-over will be when they eventually take part in Ouka, and even then, the novels haven't gone that far and it is extremely unlikely that they'll be anything more than one of the diversions at another location.

Well, im not really into cross-overing characters. Idc if we actually see Captain Sagiri, the rebllion could only be used as a plot and it would be shame if it wasnt. Still, i dboubt Yuuya gonna get his happy harem ending. His harem gonna decrease with time or else I wont accept this as canon in the MuvLuv verse and give it a 4 by default. If they do a pretty damm good job at showin how humanity struggles to fight the beta, instant 9/10.
Oct 29, 2012 12:29 PM
Jul 2012
angelslayerX said:
Well, im not really into cross-overing characters. Idc if we actually see Captain Sagiri, the rebllion could only be used as a plot and it would be shame if it wasnt. Still, i dboubt Yuuya gonna get his happy harem ending. His harem gonna decrease with time or else I wont accept this as canon in the MuvLuv verse and give it a 4 by default. If they do a pretty damm good job at showin how humanity struggles to fight the beta, instant 9/10.

At best, there'll be a reference to the coup or Sadogashima. That's it. Much like the Yuuhi flashback, the most you're going to see of the main trilogy is a few references here and there; never anything direct. Like I said, it's almost entirely separate from the main trilogy.

As for the ending, that's all up in the air. The novels are to be concluded with the VN when that comes out next year, so the staff have to find a way of making a satisfying ending that suits both fans of the franchise and anime only fans. It's a bit of a pickle, really as they run the risk of spoiling the VN, or they bring out an anime original end which could be rather weak.
Oct 29, 2012 1:24 PM

Feb 2011
This ep was fun actually :'D
Oct 29, 2012 2:03 PM

Sep 2012
LordofHomo said:
symbv said:
MasterMeNL said:

Secondaries and/or people who figured the show was only going to be MATURE, EDGY GORE from the first two episodes. Not that TE

ZetaGanja said:

Wow thanks! (i don't know anything about Muv Luv Universe other than these 17 episodes so sorry if im not well informed)
Oct 29, 2012 3:12 PM

Nov 2011
Last 7 eps, hope it picks up nxt wk

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 29, 2012 4:16 PM
Sep 2012
i'm only dissapointed because i didn't see yui fighting after ep2 :( i really wanted to see her improvement since the collapse of kyoto.
Oct 29, 2012 4:17 PM

Sep 2012
So is Yuuya this dense on purpose?
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Oct 29, 2012 4:21 PM
Sep 2012
NickyCharisma said:
This was one the better episodes in a while. I loved the tender moment that Cryska and Yuuya shared in the park. I'm curious though if Yuuya doesn't recognize that Cryska is falling in love with him or if he is intentionally trying to redirect her focus so he can get closer to Yui. Either way they came dangerously close to making a real connection. Looking forward to what follows.

Speaking of Yui, "So you like carrots?" I guess she is new to small talk. Plus I should be relieved that shes finally trying to make her move. And the way that Yuuya grabbed her hand as they ran out of the bar! I was hoping that Yuuya had something more substantial than sword fighting lessons that he wanted to ask Yui, but an in's an in.

Cui was actually adorable this episode. Shes really starting to win me over, if only that her personality is 180 degrees from the other girls. However I highly doubt that she stands a serious shot with Yui. I would like to see him end up with Cryska to be honest. I think he would be good for her and might get her and Inia out of that toxic, commie environment. I'm interested in who others think will be Yuuya's girl.

i'd like to be cryska but now i'm feeling sorry for Cui because she looked like she really likes him, after "crying" at the end of the episode
Oct 29, 2012 4:39 PM

Dec 2011
Usually when there are multiple love interest I will definitely hate one of them. But I just can't seem to hate Yui, Cryska, Innia and Cui. They are all very loveable. Although I hope Yuuya will end up with either Yui or Cryska, a really hard choice....
Oct 29, 2012 4:57 PM

Dec 2011
LordofHomo said:

As for the ending, that's all up in the air. The novels are to be concluded with the VN when that comes out next year, so the staff have to find a way of making a satisfying ending that suits both fans of the franchise and anime only fans. It's a bit of a pickle, really as they run the risk of spoiling the VN, or they bring out an anime original end which could be rather weak.

I thought MLTE novel which this anime is based on is already completed??
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muv-Luv#Novels
Oct 29, 2012 5:11 PM

May 2010
This has gone i little off course, wasnt it suppose to be about beating the beta? now its a full blown Harem. country vs country when did this go G-Gundam status?

also Yuuya is in there........ Kinda.
Oct 29, 2012 5:46 PM
Jun 2012
wow can yuuya be any stupider and thick headed loll cant believe he diidnt notice any of the girls feelings lol
Oct 29, 2012 8:12 PM

Sep 2010
Asakurabaka said:
Deadhouse said:

And dont get me wrong,i love those as much as any ordinary anime lover but seriosly this anime started as action blood and gore fighting mecha anime and became harem and romance.Da fuq are they doing with anime? :/

lol totally agree, As much as I enjoy the cute tsundere romance moments, The turn out of this anime would probably have been alot better if they just kept it as an undertone with the War and Mecha/gore conflict as the primary focus, since there was potential. But I guess its called Muv Luv for a reason =P

it seems to me that it's following the same pattern as Alternative (VN) shit will go down sooner than later... and when i say shit will go down, it will go down HEAVILY

BULLDOG266 said:
So if the F-22 Raptor (lol) is in here mechanized what about an SU-47 Bekut? Or better yet, a PAK F/A?

given the setting (in which air fighting has been rendered useless due to the laser classes) almost EVERY fighter jet irl was made as a TSF, as a matter off fact, the twins are on a SU-37 Terminator
Berkut goes here (TREAD LIGHTLY, the rest of the wiki is a spoiler galore)

ZetaGanja said:
the bastards are pretty resilient, they can survive in any known environment, underwater and no-atmosphere even (Mars and the moon have hives), so it doesnt really matter HOW they got here (in fact, i dont remember that precise part being covered on the VN, might be wrong tho)

Hydnlife said:
This has gone i little off course, wasnt it suppose to be about beating the beta? now its a full blown Harem. country vs country when did this go G-Gundam status?
ever since MLA back in 2006
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
on the episode:
seemed a bit slow, more so with all that backtracking from ep 16, that time would have been better used on explaining more of the twins... :/ 4/5
also:
frame 1: MP all over the place
frame 2: lol noone's around
CatastrophicOct 29, 2012 8:24 PM
Oct 29, 2012 8:17 PM
Jul 2012
I SUPPORT YUI! The harem grows episode by episode. Yuuya is really THIS blunt-headed. Dang, I think Yui should get Yuuya since it feels more canon because she was the main in the first episode, thus I find YxY more canon, and I prefer canon couples over the fan-made. Yuuya's harem is quite unique for me, as though I support Yui most, that doesn't mean in this harem, I don't think some of the other couples are just as good, I mean this harem is unique because it really is harder to decide just what couple to support.

YxC = Cute
YxY = Cute
YxI = Weird-ish for me, large age difference couples seem awkward to me
YxC(I'm guessing on the green haired one) = Pressure, No lack of feeling awkward

This harem is definitely well-done if you ask me to put me in this rare position.
AcxelionOct 29, 2012 8:22 PM
Oct 29, 2012 9:08 PM

Jul 2011

Seems that Cui has acknowledged Yui as a rival.... :3

Battle shall commence to fight for Yuuya's love... !!!
Oct 29, 2012 9:14 PM

Sep 2012
amc9988 said:

The English wiki page is not updated. There is a 5th volume published in 2011.
And no it is not yet completed. The novel just stopped having new volumes published since 2011.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 29, 2012 9:56 PM

Oct 2012
florincovaciu said:
NickyCharisma said:
This was one the better episodes in a while. I loved the tender moment that Cryska and Yuuya shared in the park. I'm curious though if Yuuya doesn't recognize that Cryska is falling in love with him or if he is intentionally trying to redirect her focus so he can get closer to Yui. Either way they came dangerously close to making a real connection. Looking forward to what follows.

Speaking of Yui, "So you like carrots?" I guess she is new to small talk. Plus I should be relieved that shes finally trying to make her move. And the way that Yuuya grabbed her hand as they ran out of the bar! I was hoping that Yuuya had something more substantial than sword fighting lessons that he wanted to ask Yui, but an in's an in.

Cui was actually adorable this episode. Shes really starting to win me over, if only that her personality is 180 degrees from the other girls. However I highly doubt that she stands a serious shot with Yui. I would like to see him end up with Cryska to be honest. I think he would be good for her and might get her and Inia out of that toxic, commie environment. I'm interested in who others think will be Yuuya's girl.

i'd like to be cryska but now i'm feeling sorry for Cui because she looked like she really likes him, after "crying" at the end of the episode

Honestly I wouldn't hate it if Yuuya did end up with Cui. Maybe not my first choice, but I really like her spunk.

At this point I can't predict how they will end the show. I really don't want them to kill off all but one of the girls. If any unnecessary deaths happen it will seriously hamper my overall enjoyment of the show. I understand that the VNs are dark and all but this is a side story. Make Yuuya choose one girl, don't kill the rest off leaving a "default" love interest.
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Oct 30, 2012 12:27 AM

Sep 2011
Needs less Harem.
Oct 30, 2012 1:17 AM

Jan 2012
Yuuya you better go for dat harem ending!

speaking of ending, that new one was so simple.
My Guitar Covers:
Playlist

I CAN ALWAYS SHOW MY EVERYTHING TO YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUUUU
Oct 30, 2012 1:32 AM

Apr 2011
Come on Yuuya, teach Cryska the ways of love...Ecchi way. XD
Oct 30, 2012 2:02 AM

Sep 2012
Magito said:

I have a feeling that Yuuya was honest in what he told Cryska when she told him about her "strange feeling". Just like some harem anime, this guy is a thick guy when it comes to romance (and apparently he is not even interested given Cui's being so frank with him).

Oct 30, 2012 3:45 AM

Apr 2011
symbv said:
Magito said:

I have a feeling that Yuuya was honest in what he told Cryska when she told him about her "strange feeling". Just like some harem anime, this guy is a thick guy when it comes to romance (and apparently he is not even interested given Cui's being so frank with him).

He's not interested in women but TSFs.

Yuuya is MECHASEXUAL.

lololol
Oct 30, 2012 4:07 AM

Jul 2011
Stark700 said:
I smell jealousy. Cui hanging onto Yuuya? :) She also wants a honeymoon. Lololol. I liked her fighting skills.

Cui = jealous.
Inia = cute
Cryska = serious
Yui = tsundere

*Cryska = yandere
That's what I fell from her O.o
Oct 30, 2012 7:15 AM

Dec 2011
symbv said:
amc9988 said:

The English wiki page is not updated. There is a 5th volume published in 2011.
And no it is not yet completed. The novel just stopped having new volumes published since 2011.

I see, then is the fifth volume is the last volume? If it is I was hoping they would wait until the novel is completed because I really hate it when companies adapt incomplete novels because the anime ending always feels... incomplete? Anyway, if they wanted to do an original ending I hope it's going to be a good one.

Btw I'm sure this episode was made because they want us to fall in love with the characters so that they can make us more despair when killing off all the characters. You know that it always calm before the storm lol
Oct 30, 2012 8:02 AM

Sep 2012
Even with the low expectation of the sakuga / animation for TE, this is still unforgivable

Oct 30, 2012 8:33 AM

Sep 2012
symbv said:
Even with the low expectation of the sakuga / animation for TE, this is still unforgivable

LMAO i guess the main artist took the day off and they let and 8 year old do the animation :D
Oct 30, 2012 3:05 PM
Jul 2018
I think this show is great,so what if theres harem.
Oct 30, 2012 3:41 PM

Jul 2010
symbv said:

lmao, like I said earlier, great QUALITY with the faces this episode. Seems to be a recurring phenomenon.
Oct 30, 2012 4:12 PM

Oct 2009
uwa, the quality of this anime is going really down and down each more episode ~_~

i found this ep really poor in animation (some ugly face too -,-), and story is as said before muv luv total harem o m g <.<;

ssf4ae (pc) : misterCybou
sc2 : CybE // 665
Oct 31, 2012 1:50 PM

Oct 2010
Hydnlife said:
This has gone i little off course, wasnt it suppose to be about beating the beta?

I swear I see this comment in every TE discussion ever. No.
Not even the main series of VNs is about beating the BETA, it never was. Even if the latter half of Alternative has enough aliens to fill the needs of the whole Starship Troopers franchise at once.

Total Eclipse is just a spinoff in Top Gun spirit. I don't recall that movie's point was about fighting Soviets either.
Oct 31, 2012 3:40 PM

Oct 2012
Rignel said:
Hydnlife said:
This has gone i little off course, wasnt it suppose to be about beating the beta?

I swear I see this comment in every TE discussion ever. No.
Not even the main series of VNs is about beating the BETA, it never was. Even if the latter half of Alternative has enough aliens to fill the needs of the whole Starship Troopers franchise at once.

Total Eclipse is just a spinoff in Top Gun spirit. I don't recall that movie's point was about fighting Soviets either.

I'm really glad you compared it to Top Gun. When I tried to sell a friend on the series I told him that it was "Top Gun crossed with Blue Gender."
Let this be our little secret, no needs to know we're feeling HIGHER AND HIGHER AND HIGHER!
Oct 31, 2012 3:59 PM

Oct 2010
NickyCharisma said:

I'm really glad you compared it to Top Gun. When I tried to sell a friend on the series I told him that it was "Top Gun crossed with Blue Gender."

Well, it's pretty hard not to make the comparison. Novel readers have been touting about it from the start too.
Oct 31, 2012 4:05 PM

Oct 2012
Rignel said:
NickyCharisma said:

Well, it's pretty hard not to make the comparison. Novel readers have been touting about it from the start too.

Yeah... I'm pretty new to this whole internet thing... I didn't even know that this show existed until 3 weeks ago.
Nov 1, 2012 2:24 AM

Feb 2012
It's Infinite Stratos all over again.

I love it
Nov 1, 2012 12:02 PM
Sep 2012
Posse said:
mrjag said:
Terrible episode, I'm finally dropping this bad show.

lol, a bit late haha, I considered it in the island arc but watching shitty anime makes me enjoy the really good things much more.

Too bad this started promising gore and action and shit and it turned into a generic harem

this anime isn't shitty, you just don't like animes like this
Nov 1, 2012 12:15 PM
Sep 2012
i'd really like to see Idar V.S. US 65th battalion xD
Nov 1, 2012 8:55 PM

Jul 2011
Episode 18 Preview stills :
Nov 2, 2012 5:38 PM

Jul 2010
Well, the harem is really starting to form now. Too much drama, not enough action.

Nov 3, 2012 7:49 AM
May 2011
I wonder why Yuuya is even talking with that girl Sharon Heim who actually dumped him for another one - Leon Kuze. That bitch it seems is very tricky and changes the boys as her gloves. Yuuya should not even talk to her after everything happened. I hope in the fight Stella will beat all shit out of her.
And I hope in actual fight all this Infinity Squad will be raped by BETA.
Nov 3, 2012 10:36 AM

Nov 2007
dude's got a harem real quick.

chinese chick is amusing for a change of pace.

The russians aren't bad either.

Yui is too obvious of a pick and still annoying.

But uh ... how about that plot? What about the aliens or whatever?
Nov 3, 2012 3:16 PM

Nov 2010
People should understand that this arc is a development arc that takes place very far from the frontline, there's no way for BETA to suddenly show up. Expect some BETA actions when the OP-ED changes.

This is a laid-back side story of Muv-Luv, afterall. For much more intense sidestory, pray for Muv Luv Alternative : Schwarzesmarken adaptation.

...Or the main series adaptation, which actually also has a lot of harem situations...which usually could be considered as long deathflags.
Nov 4, 2012 4:47 AM

Oct 2010
zeroyuki92 said:
...Or the main series adaptation, which actually also has a lot of harem situations...which usually could be considered as long deathflags.

I can already see all the "where are all the aliens" posts all the way through Unlimited and beginning of Alternative.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

» Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Season 2?

Allenkilla1 - Jun 11, 2013

45 by SlimShadyArgos1 »»
Dec 30, 2023 3:23 AM

» Muv Luv's Japanese critique of Americans

Jerrychiang - Aug 3, 2012

45 by 8man226 »»
Nov 9, 2023 7:32 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Yumekichi11 - Jul 1, 2012

175 by Zane_0 »»
Aug 9, 2023 10:56 PM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 24 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 23, 2012

146 by tinitits »»
Feb 28, 2023 9:49 AM

Poll: » Muv-Luv Alternative: Total Eclipse Episode 18 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 4, 2012

52 by SMmania123 »»
Aug 13, 2022 8:21 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.