Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »
Oct 27, 2012 2:38 PM
Sep 2011
itsvero said:
I still can't stomach the Kirito and Sugu stuff. Like... why. ALO is such an awesome world though. Wish I could play something like that.

Lol at Sugou being such a bad villain. I bet he's gonna have some sort of a ~dark past~ revealed or something soon.

It's all about Sugou. We've heard all his motives in this episode - money and power. Why he had become like that is not relevant to the story, but this is probably story of greed and jealosy (to Kayaba, who was much more capable, and wasn't greedy at all).
Oct 27, 2012 2:41 PM

Jul 2009
Marow said:
Tyrel said:

@Marow

Have you seen the past SAO threads? It turns into a fireball of flames.

I have, but that's no reason to not allow arguing. Just keep it at a civil level. And considering the other warnings brought up, it seems mods will watch over this thread, making it even more confusing.

(if we want to be silly, what will the threads be about now anyway? Appreciation threads? I don't like weird restrictions like these)

Just like how mods act in other forums: Flames, rage, trolls, deter others from posting on the forum. Flaming is insensitive, damages the reputation of the forum, and can often get out of hand, resulting in hate messages on a personal level. Admins and web hosts don't want to be liable for that.

I don't know about you, but one reason why I don't go on 4chan or even reply/read Youtube comments is because they're often filled with uneducated, poorly raised people, making them pointless to reply to; thus, making it pointless for me to even visit/look at those types of forums/message board.

Capisce?
Oct 27, 2012 2:44 PM

Sep 2012
Tyrel said:
cksdayoff said:
ep 17 was aiite, anyone know how many episodes this particular arc is scheduled for?

Until the end of the series, so until episode 25.

thanks.
Oct 27, 2012 2:57 PM

Nov 2007
It's strange how Leafa didn't even think how Kirito is asking her about a game where he is so good at already. That was pretty bad imho. She should have been at least surprised because of his skill level doesn't make sense for a new player.

I am also a bit surprised that she didn't realize Kirito is Kazuto. The whole world (well not the whole, probably entire Japan) knows about him as the hero from SAO and they probably have identified his nick in the game. And if I recall correctly, it was a huge news all over, right? But yeah, I guess Suguha never really pried into it, so I will let that part slide.

Other than that, I found the episode pretty good. Much better than the last episode. It's a downer that such a promising character like Asuna has become so weak as the series progressed. Romance usually makes characters stronger. SAO has made it the complete opposite.

Luna_ said:
Mod Edit: This thread will be moderated.

Trolling, flaming, insults, excessive profanity, off-topic arguments/debates with other users, and (off-topic) spam will be deleted and depending on the severity of the offense users will get warnings.

Recurring violations will result in bans.

While you are at it, could you edit "THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE." and mention that this includes LIGHT NOVELS, VISUAL NOVELS and GAMES alongside MANGA when MAL episode forum topics are generated?

Thanks.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 27, 2012 3:00 PM

Jan 2012
Sugou is selling his research to someone else? That's stupid. What a weak villain. He's going to get the ability to control people's thoughts and emotions, and he's not even considering building his own army?!
bakapuntOct 27, 2012 3:03 PM
Oct 27, 2012 3:02 PM

Jul 2012
Sugou is creepy as fack.

Meh episode. 3/5
Oct 27, 2012 3:09 PM

Jun 2009
That was a really creepy ass Sugou tho

I like Asuna's outfit tbh
Oct 27, 2012 3:10 PM

May 2010
bakapunt said:
Sugou is selling his research to someone else? That's stupid. What a weak villain. He's going to get the ability to control people's thoughts and emotions, and he's not even considering building his own army?!

This.
It saddens me that Asuna can't do anything.. (for now)
and Sugous face really needs a friendly falcon punch...three times.
4/5
ErynysOct 27, 2012 3:13 PM
Oct 27, 2012 3:15 PM

Sep 2008
and its here! one of the 2 bastards i have hated the most thist year the other one being nomi from AccelWorld
damm..i cant remember out off all the anies i've watched, the last time i hated someone like these 2 since...lord freeza( wow)

lol at sugu's reaction after she loged out, win

the amusphere..looks kinda lame, i remember the descripcion about it being two rings that go over the head, and thus looking like a sphere , not some random googles...
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 27, 2012 3:15 PM
Nov 2009
hahahaha leafa is suguha LOL
Oct 27, 2012 3:23 PM
Sep 2012
Zero_r2 said:
and its here! one of the 2 bastards i have hated the most thist year the other one being nomi from AccelWorld
damm..i cant remember out off all the anies i've watched, the last time i hated someone like these 2 since...lord freeza( wow)

lol at sugu's reaction after she loged out, win

the amusphere..looks kinda lame, i remember the descripcion about it being two rings that go over the head, and thus looking like a sphere , not some random googles...
Ugh! I hated Nomi so much that I deleted him from my mind. Nomi really is a douche and now we finally get to see why Sugou is hated so much after reading posters comments on him all these weeks. I have to say he really is a dick.

That funny flying scene where Kirito was flying around uncontrollably and those three zooming through the sky were the so nice. It was cute how Yui couldn't keep up so she went into Kirito's pocket. I swear I want a fairy like her too and that landing... lol

Suguha looked really hot in ALO which makes me even more sorry for Suguha. She likes Kirito while he's deeply in love with Asuna and now she's in love with Kirito in ALO but doesn't know it. I can only imagine how heartbroken she'd be when she finds out.

LOL @ the wall of red from the moderators. While I agree with troll posts being deleted, I do wish I could have read them before they were deleted to get a good laugh at how stupid they were.
IconicOct 27, 2012 3:26 PM
Oct 27, 2012 3:30 PM

Aug 2009
bakapunt said:

You think he is smart enough to lead one?
Oct 27, 2012 3:43 PM

Sep 2008
Loved the episode 5/5 , WTF @ suguha not recognizing kirito. Even a Team Rocket costume looks more efficient in hiding the real identity.
Oct 27, 2012 3:53 PM

Dec 2009
Finally, it took 16 threads of flame wars for the mods to finally bring civility to this board. :)

Now onto the episode. Great scenery. I hope to see more of Alfheim soon.

As for Sugou, yeah to me he's pretty much just an archetype of the all too familiar power-hungry villain. All about money and control for him. With the whole creepy pedo thing mixed in. :/
Oct 27, 2012 3:55 PM

Sep 2012
im liking these slower paced episodes, it lets the emotions sink in

i seriously hate suguo, i cant bear watching asuna being treated that way, especially in the anime

im looking forward to the next episodes with more action

EDIT: as a side note im glad their putting up rules on these threads Before this everyone used to be at each others throats and post whatever they want.
ZekkenOct 27, 2012 4:00 PM
Oct 27, 2012 3:56 PM
Jul 2012
I am currently only watching this show for sugou now he's a fucking boss
Oct 27, 2012 3:57 PM
Mar 2010
shanimebib said:
I am also a bit surprised that she didn't realize Kirito is Kazuto. The whole world (well not the whole, probably entire Japan) knows about him as the hero from SAO and they probably have identified his nick in the game. And if I recall correctly, it was a huge news all over, right? But yeah, I guess Suguha never really pried into it, so I will let that part slide.

The world doesn't know about him. The authorities in charge haven't released any user names to anyone, much less the real world identities of anyone. And while anime artstyle does a poor job of depicting it, Kirito's ALO avatar does not have a face identical to his real face.
Oct 27, 2012 4:01 PM
Oct 2012
shanimebib said:
It's strange how Leafa didn't even think how Kirito is asking her about a game where he is so good at already. That was pretty bad imho. She should have been at least surprised because of his skill level doesn't make sense for a new player.

Other than that, I found the episode pretty good. Much better than the last episode. It's a downer that such a promising character like Asuna has become so weak as the series progressed. Romance usually makes characters stronger. SAO has made it the complete opposite.

Luna_ said:
Mod Edit: This thread will be moderated.

Trolling, flaming, insults, excessive profanity, off-topic arguments/debates with other users, and (off-topic) spam will be deleted and depending on the severity of the offense users will get warnings.

Recurring violations will result in bans.

While you are at it, could you edit "THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE." and mention that this includes LIGHT NOVELS, VISUAL NOVELS and GAMES alongside MANGA when MAL episode forum topics are generated?

Thanks.

Lyfa was surprised and no, apart from the few guys who participated in the 75th boss battle nobody knows about Kirito's role in clearing Aincrad.
Oct 27, 2012 4:03 PM

Aug 2012
Didn't actually expect Leafa to be Suguha however obvious it may of been to some people. Also liked the scene with Sugou, very nicely done with the taunting and teasing towards Asuna.
Oct 27, 2012 4:03 PM
Jul 2012
Wow. I hate Sugou, so freaking much. I was shaking the entire second half of the episode. Had to actually stop myself from hitting the screen. Glad to see the anime is starting to get less rushed.
Oct 27, 2012 4:09 PM

Sep 2008
shanimebib said:

It was mentioned that sword skills like in SAO didn't play a major part in ALO and was upto the physical endurance of that player. Hence if you happen to be good at kendo like Suguha, or happen to play other games with sword skills(like kito has in SAO for 2yrs) was how good you'd be with the sword in ALO.

shanimebib said:

only ones that know of Kirito's real-life avatar were some of the players from SAO who had been there to witness Kirito defeat Kayaba, and the admin staff of Recto who bought SAO's mainframe(like ASuna's dad and whats-his-face, as well as authorities)...so no, Suguha does not know of the nick Kirito. Plus even if it was displayed for the world to see, what's to stop from someone else using that nick same way as noobs using Legolas as a nick in every MMO out at the moment? Case in point; due to the fact that ALO gives you a diff look, feel, and name to your real life persona(like a reall MMO is meant to and not the way Kayaba did in SAO) and considering there are thousands(if not millions) who play the game and Suguha thinking there's no way her oniichan would ever jump into another VRMMO after SAO, it's understandable that she would not recognize the spriggan.

shanimebib said:
It's a downer that such a promising character like Asuna has become so weak as the series progressed. Romance usually makes characters stronger. SAO has made it the complete opposite.

I never liked Asuna, and seeing her play as damsel in distress kinda irks me but is necessary to make plot in ALO move(or why else would Kirito need a time limit in this arc that has no real life deaths). I also am anti for deus ex power ups due to love as its plot device that makes this series fail from what could have been a worthy favorite.
Oct 27, 2012 4:21 PM

Dec 2007
Stark700 said:
Also, is he calling her Titania? *Erza reference? lol

Titania is the queen of the fairies in Shakespeare's A Midsummer Night's Dream, just as Oberon is the king in the same story. They are common reference names for fictional fairy characters. (In Fairy Tail, Erza is given the title "Titania" because she is the strongest female in Fairy Tail--or queen of the fairies.)

The more you know~

GFX made by >Valon< of Janime Community Forums
Oct 27, 2012 4:24 PM

Feb 2008
Way too convenient that his sister is playing VRMMORPGs, the exact same game, and happens to meet and fall for Kirito in the game too. It's really getting hard for me to not permanently drop this awful anime.
Oct 27, 2012 4:26 PM

Apr 2012
SAO: The first anime to need moderation warnings for its subforum.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Oct 27, 2012 4:28 PM

Jul 2012
LOL Sugou. As my man Chuck would say, "he's just turrrrble"
Did anyone else lol when he went, "I AM THE BAD GUY!!!! HEAR ME MONOLOGUE!!!!!"
Plus the fact that he actually went, "muahaha. you won't be able to get out of this one, Mr. Bond" makes him such a horribly written character that we just don't care about that part of the story. In fact, it's the trip to the World Tree that actually sounds interesting, because it has the sense of an epic quest like LOTR
Oct 27, 2012 4:32 PM

Nov 2009
So much hatred in this episode, dat sugou ... he derserves to die badly ...
Although I've read the novel, but I just couldn't stand those scenes when he did some disgusting shit to Asuna like teasing/sniffing her ... There's a limit to what a human can do or not.

Good episode tbh, these scenery, backgrounds of ALO were up to my expectations. Beautifully portrayed.

shanimebib said:
It's a downer that such a promising character like Asuna has become so weak as the series progressed. Romance usually makes characters stronger. SAO has made it the complete opposite.

She knows that this time there won't be a miracle like it was in SAO, cause at the end of the week, she will have to marry him (her family has already agreed). And Sugou is the system admin, thus she knows that sugou can change her emotions, replace her memories and there aren't anything she can do. She's not strong like you think, she's timid inside and just pretend to be strong in the outside as a way to resist sugou or her fate ...

With all the power sugou has, she knows that she can't be save unless a miracle happens.

I enjoyed the episode, but sugou scenes always gave me a chill ...
So ... I'm afraid they will animate the final NTR scene so badly that I will want to punch my screen...
Takana_no_HanaOct 27, 2012 4:40 PM
Oct 27, 2012 4:34 PM
Jul 2012
Since I know you guys love sugou so much I made this for you

Oct 27, 2012 4:41 PM

Apr 2012
JavierR said:

Saved for future threads.
As a child, I was told that society is a melting pot of talents; knowledge and experience combined to form important alloys that will contribute to mankind. When I got to highschool, however, I thought that it's more like a river in which the water represents our peers while we ourselves are the stones in the river. Constant erosion by mindless majority sheeping has made us lose our unique edge. After I hit the age of 18, I realized that I've been wrong all along. Society is no melting pot. Society is no river. Society is a person, a very skilled rapist, and he has fucked us all.
Oct 27, 2012 4:41 PM

Jul 2011
Okay, if the series have reached the point that I´m supporting more the villain than the main characters...it´s that a good or bad thing?
The characters I like so far:
- Suguha/ Lyfa: Despite her incestous fixation, she´s adorable~ (*´▽`*) And her avatar side seems more capable than Asuna.
- Sugou: he´s so cartoonish and creepy that he´s more funny than despictable. Also, DAT machiavelic plan! If it were to be succesfull, it probably would lead to a far more interesting and unexpectable route than we´ve seen so far. I MEAN, THE POWER TO CONTROL THE MIND OF PLAYERS, JUST IMAGINE IT! SEVERAL FACTIONS WOULD BE INVOLVED AND THE CONFLICT WOULD BE SUPERB!!!
Overall, another nice episode :)
Karura_JiinsaruOct 27, 2012 4:44 PM
Oct 27, 2012 4:42 PM

Jul 2011
JavierR said:

That part is what exactly made me laugh. I can´t take him seriously like this XDDD
Oct 27, 2012 4:43 PM

Sep 2012
BloodRequiem said:
JavierR said:

you guys sure love your NTR <_<
Oct 27, 2012 4:45 PM

Apr 2012
Zekken said:
BloodRequiem said:
JavierR said:

you guys sure love your NTR <_<

The way to enjoy NTR is to self insert as the guy who is doing the girl. Or you can self insert as the girl.
Oct 27, 2012 4:47 PM
Sep 2012
Veronin said:
Way too convenient that his sister is playing VRMMORPGs, the exact same game, and happens to meet and fall for Kirito in the game too. It's really getting hard for me to not permanently drop this awful anime.

Just so you know, it isn't that convenient really considering

JavierR said:

Stop it, that's mean!
Oct 27, 2012 4:50 PM

Aug 2011
JavierR said:

Same here bro.
Oct 27, 2012 4:53 PM

Sep 2012
BloReq^ errr, thanks for the information....but i didnt need to know that...

anyway, Nobuyuki seems is basically your stereotypical villain, he has an evil scheme and he has the princess in captive

the thing that makes it hilarious is the way he is so comical, he is a fairy king of all things while the hero is a black spriggan swordsman

but i still prefer heathcliff as the villain, he was way more cooler....
Oct 27, 2012 4:53 PM
Oct 2012
Quick_Silver said:
Veronin said:

Kirito and Lyfa meeting at the same place ingame wasn't a coincidence either, even though it's probably retarded from a technical point of view.
Oct 27, 2012 4:56 PM

Jul 2012
EstelleBright said:
JavierR said:

Same here bro.

+1

+1 as well
Oct 27, 2012 5:02 PM

Sep 2008
Surprisingly liked. The pacing is just right and they're taking the time to build the world so that we can understand the situation before the serious business. Can't wait for next week.
Hyouka and real-life Takayama comparison blog: Completed 31/10/2015
http://hyoukaorigination.blogspot.com/

Aria the Animation and real-life Venice comparision blog:
http://veniceorigination.blogspot.com
Oct 27, 2012 5:03 PM

Sep 2012
Too much talking in this episode. I hated the part where Sugou was touching Asuna, Grrrr I wanna kill him! Yui in the pocket aawww; and I finally get to see Asuna again, yippee :D
Oct 27, 2012 5:05 PM

Jun 2009
"Crying and running into my arms would be a good start." That's cute.

Oct 27, 2012 5:11 PM

Mar 2012
Quick_Silver said:
Veronin said:

That doesn't really seem believable at all. If my brother was trapped in a video game for two years with his life constantly in danger, the last thing I'd want to do is jump into a similar game, no matter how much they promised it was safer, just to understand my brother a little more. I imagine it'd make me far too paranoid.

Also, how is she keeping this a secret from Kirito? Has he never been in her room? Does she hide the gear? Does she only play when she knows he's not around? These aren't complaints, per se, I'm just curious.
NotDolphyOct 27, 2012 5:16 PM
Oct 27, 2012 5:13 PM

Sep 2012
xharumoni said:
"Crying and running into my arms would be a good start." That's cute.

my thoughts exactly xD

i guess that's kirito's way of taking the micky out of those cliche moments where the hero beats down the bad guys and the damsel is in awe
Oct 27, 2012 5:13 PM

Feb 2012
Wow, they really slowed down the pacing... good thing :D
Oct 27, 2012 5:14 PM
Jul 2012
BloodRequiem said:
JavierR said:

I just hope there is more sugou moments in the future!
Oct 27, 2012 5:18 PM
Sep 2011
RMNDolphy said:

That doesn't really seem believable at all. If my brother was trapped in a video game for two years with his life constantly in danger, the last thing I'd want to do is jump into a similar game, no matter how much they promised it was safer, just to understand my brother a little more. I imagine it'd make me far too paranoid.

Also, how is she keeping this a secret from Kirito? Has he never been in her room? Does she hide the gear? does she only play when she knows he's not around? These aren't complaint, per say, I'm just curious.

Bro, it's called anime logic, things in anime don't need to be believable at all. Have you ever wondered that such technology like Nerve gear, amusphere exist in the first place? Human mind control and all the stuffs?

She wants to join another virtual MMO just to understand her brother, so do you need any believable reasons for her to do so? Just bear with it, accept it. It's anime. When she said she wanted to understand her brother, that's her reason to do so, either believable or not. It's anime.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And for those who keep mentioning:
"Sugou is the boss, he's cool, we needs more sugou moments"

JUST FKING STOP THOSE, they aren't contributed to the discussion
HibiChouchouOct 27, 2012 5:22 PM
Oct 27, 2012 5:20 PM
Mar 2012
Just can't take Sugou... Arghh he is just one of the most irritating antagonist ever
Oct 27, 2012 5:20 PM

Mar 2012
HibiChouchou said:
RMNDolphy said:

Also, how is she keeping this a secret from Kirito? Has he never been in her room? Does she hide the gear? does she only play when she knows he's not around? These aren't complaint, per say, I'm just curious.

Bro, it's called anime logic, things in anime don't need to be believable at all. Have you ever wondered that such technology like Nerve gear, amusphere exist in the first place? Human mind control and all the stuffs?

She wants to join another virtual MMO just understand her brother, so do you need any believable reasons for her to do so? Just bear with it, accept it. It's anime. When she said she wanted to understand her brother, that's her reason to do so, either believable or not. It's anime.

No.
Oct 27, 2012 5:22 PM
Sep 2011
RMNDolphy said:

No.

Then drop.
Oct 27, 2012 5:25 PM

Jun 2012
Sugou.. so dam annoying i really just wanna punch him.. he needs to die now >:o
Oct 27, 2012 5:29 PM

Jan 2012
HibiChouchou said:
RMNDolphy said:

No.

Then drop.
I think we should all calm down and take a deep breath. Breathe in through your mouth and out through your ass. I'm sure you'll feel much better :)

RMNDolphy said:
Also, how is she keeping this a secret from Kirito? Has he never been in her room? Does she hide the gear? Does she only play when she knows he's not around? These aren't complaints, per se, I'm just curious.
I was wondering this myself. Surely Kazuto would recognise her character from the poster in Sugu's room?
bakapuntOct 27, 2012 5:35 PM
Pages (12) « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Yesterday

50 by holo-simp »»
2 hours ago

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Yesterday

55 by hi777 »»
Yesterday, 8:44 PM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

734 by Lionwing »»
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.