Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 27, 2012 1:37 PM

Sep 2008
'twas an ok episode. Now waiting for more NTR doujins of Suguo x Asuna x Kirito
Oct 27, 2012 1:41 PM

Aug 2011
Scrypt said:
'twas an ok episode. Now waiting for more NTR doujins of Suguo x Asuna x Kirito

I'd read that anyday.
Oct 27, 2012 1:41 PM

Jan 2012
I hope Kirito finds Asuna soon :c
Oct 27, 2012 1:44 PM

Jul 2012
Paul said:
Lol'd at the mod warning, that's a first. We'll see how that turns out, I'm sure a lot of people don't even read the first post.

Lmao pretty much but seeing as its in red and its the first page you get upon clicking it won't go that unnoticed.
Like blackbird and some others said it was pretty boring not much happened.

However I feel it's stupid to let the consoles continue after such an epidemic with them in real life they would investigate the call like recalls etc even though I love games it would be stupid to put yourself in harms way again especially after a event that happened in the past. Either the anime doesn't give a description of the time gap between the last game.
Oct 27, 2012 1:44 PM

Aug 2012
God that Sugou just get's more and more detestable ><

And Sugu is Lyfa?? Woww, awesome XD When she went all red after she logged out... so cuteee ^^
Oct 27, 2012 1:46 PM

Jan 2008
Amon-Raw said:
Paul said:
Lol'd at the mod warning, that's a first. We'll see how that turns out, I'm sure a lot of people don't even read the first post.

Lmao pretty much but seeing as its in red and its the first page you get upon clicking it won't go that unnoticed.
Like blackbird and some others said it was pretty boring not much happened.

Habit of mines to click the last page link, which we'll get after a couple more pages and we all know SAO threads get like 20~30 pages.
Jan 2011

Looks like a new arc is brewing.

Mar 2010
I am tempted to just wait until this series is done to finish watching that.. or at least I want to. Even though I say that, I'll still watch it week by week.. All I mean is, that this is getting hard to stand. Suguha is annoying as hell for one and that creepy fairy jerkoff is even worse to watch.
Oct 27, 2012 1:48 PM

Jan 2008
MoonFox said:
I am tempted to just wait until this series is done to finish watching that.. or at least I want to. Even though I say that, I'll still watch it week by week.. All I mean is, that this is getting hard to stand. Suguha is annoying as hell for one and that creepy fairy jerkoff is even worse to watch.

Two negatives make a positive...? :D
Oct 27, 2012 1:49 PM

Jul 2012
Episode was alright.
My only complain is that it seems that this one ended too soon...as in, it feels like in those 20 minutes there wasn't a lot of content and this episode just went too quickly, and now I have to wait a week for the next one.
It might be just me, though.
Oct 27, 2012 1:52 PM

Aug 2012
Great As Always; Just Wanted To Beat The Crap Out Of Sugou At The End
Oct 27, 2012 1:57 PM
Jun 2011
that guy threatening asuna by altering her memories now make me so rage then before
Oct 27, 2012 1:57 PM

Oct 2011
NTR pls.
Oct 27, 2012 1:59 PM

Jul 2009
Help me out here im a bit confused here. So Sugou can manipulate peoples brain? emotions and memory or did i get it wrong?
Nothing in this world lasts forever, and it´s time you accept that.
It's better to not cling to these things that you will eventually lose.
Oct 27, 2012 2:00 PM
Sep 2011
Poor Asuna. When people were trapped in SAO they had plenty things to do, and could also entertain themselves. Asuna in cage can only sleep and wait for another Sugou visit, with only small hope that Kirito will save her, but

Oct 27, 2012 2:01 PM

May 2011
I really hate that Sugou guy.

Hope Kirito can kick his ass soon.
Oct 27, 2012 2:01 PM
Sep 2011
Krillus said:
Help me out here im a bit confused here. So Sugou can manipulate peoples brain? emotions and memory or did i get it wrong?

He's researching this possibility, but it's not still finished. That's one of the reasons, why Kirito must hurry.
Oct 27, 2012 2:02 PM
Aug 2011
All i got to say is...

Oct 27, 2012 2:06 PM
Oct 2012
well this episode made me a little mad.. sugou needs to die and fast.

but the beginning was awesome haha cutting that guy in half awesome haha
Oct 27, 2012 2:06 PM

May 2012
Okay, Sugou really is an ass! Man, human experimentation is not cool! Hopefully he doesn't do anything fishy to Asuna, I have a feeling he will though. At least he's playing his part as a villain well enough though. Suguha's in for a real surprise once she finds out who Kirito really is. Honestly though, hasn't she ever heard of her brother's famous avatar name by now?! She should have known who he was immediately! Oh well, whatever. Good episode in my opinion. Dilemma's been set up well, just gotta wait and see how everything plays out.
"No matter how much of a genius one is, in front of the Uchiha name, they're just ordinary people." - Sasuke Uchiha

Oct 27, 2012 2:10 PM

Jul 2009
Xaliuss said:
Krillus said:

I see so he is trying to learn the way to manipulate peoples emotions and memory for his own entertainment?

tyw i think i got it now :)
Oct 27, 2012 2:13 PM

Aug 2010
Yep, It has started!! As expected, the Sugou scene was absolutely as I was fearing. It's really gonna be tough to watch them all T_T but well I gotta say the animation was awesome. And ALO world is beautiful.
The scenes other than Asuna were all really good, animated Lyfa/Sugu is sooo cute!!!
And Kirito is as awesome as usual XD...really loved the Yui and Kirito bed scene :)
Oct 27, 2012 2:14 PM
Sep 2011
Krillus said:
Xaliuss said:
Krillus said:

I see so he is trying to learn the way to manipulate peoples emotions and memory for his own entertainment?

He wants to sell this technology, a lot of people would like to have possibility to change memory and emotions.
Oct 27, 2012 2:16 PM

Sep 2012
ep 17 was aiite, anyone know how many episodes this particular arc is scheduled for?
Oct 27, 2012 2:18 PM

Sep 2011
cksdayoff said:
ep 17 was aiite, anyone know how many episodes this particular arc is scheduled for?

Until the end of the series, so until episode 25.
Oct 27, 2012 2:19 PM

Mar 2012
It is truly unfortunate Sugou doesn't have a mustache to twirl; It would really tie his whole "incredibly generic villain" motif together perfectly.

Not much to say about this episode. It was pretty dull and par for the course. Nothing too bad. I find it a little hard to believe they can't recognize each other's voice after knowing each other their whole life, but that's a relatively small problem. Still don't care for the premise of this entire arc.
Oct 27, 2012 2:22 PM

Jan 2008
RMNDolphy said:
I find it a little hard to believe they can't recognize each other's voice after knowing each other their whole life, but that's a relatively small problem. Still don't care for the premise of this entire arc.

Not trying to be rude to other users but considering some users couldn't even tell she was her in the previous thread from the voice, I can totally see Kirito not being able to.
Oct 27, 2012 2:27 PM

Jul 2009
obligatory rage. ofc.

but why the hell is asuna saying please save me kirito. she's been in that situation for like 3 months. you'd think she would think of a plan by now.
Oct 27, 2012 2:29 PM
Sep 2011
RMNDolphy said:
Not much to say about this episode. It was pretty dull and par for the course. Nothing too bad. I find it a little hard to believe they can't recognize each other's voice after knowing each other their whole life, but that's a relatively small problem. Still don't care for the premise of this entire arc.

Voice is changed in VRMMORPG. In SAO avatars and voices were reverted to real, but in usual VRMMORPG voice goes in complect with avatar. Quote from SAO volume 1 chapter 2
Klein continued in his low vigorous voice, which (of course) was different from his real voice as well.

It's hard to animate, so I don"t remember whether it was mentioned in episode 1. Kirito spriggan avatar also differs from his real body, so due to these reasons it's impossibe to tell at once who is who, not enough information (Kirito in ALO has not mentioned Asuna name or SAO).
Oct 27, 2012 2:30 PM

Jul 2009
Xaliuss said:
Krillus said:
Xaliuss said:
Krillus said:

He wants to sell this technology, a lot of people would like to have possibility to change memory and emotions.

I get it now thx. :)
Oct 27, 2012 2:38 PM
Sep 2011
itsvero said:
I still can't stomach the Kirito and Sugu stuff. Like... why. ALO is such an awesome world though. Wish I could play something like that.

Lol at Sugou being such a bad villain. I bet he's gonna have some sort of a ~dark past~ revealed or something soon.

It's all about Sugou. We've heard all his motives in this episode - money and power. Why he had become like that is not relevant to the story, but this is probably story of greed and jealosy (to Kayaba, who was much more capable, and wasn't greedy at all).
Oct 27, 2012 2:41 PM

Jul 2009
Marow said:
Tyrel said:

@Marow

Have you seen the past SAO threads? It turns into a fireball of flames.

I have, but that's no reason to not allow arguing. Just keep it at a civil level. And considering the other warnings brought up, it seems mods will watch over this thread, making it even more confusing.

(if we want to be silly, what will the threads be about now anyway? Appreciation threads? I don't like weird restrictions like these)

Just like how mods act in other forums: Flames, rage, trolls, deter others from posting on the forum. Flaming is insensitive, damages the reputation of the forum, and can often get out of hand, resulting in hate messages on a personal level. Admins and web hosts don't want to be liable for that.

I don't know about you, but one reason why I don't go on 4chan or even reply/read Youtube comments is because they're often filled with uneducated, poorly raised people, making them pointless to reply to; thus, making it pointless for me to even visit/look at those types of forums/message board.

Capisce?
Oct 27, 2012 2:44 PM

Sep 2012
Tyrel said:
cksdayoff said:

Until the end of the series, so until episode 25.

thanks.
Oct 27, 2012 2:57 PM

Nov 2007
It's strange how Leafa didn't even think how Kirito is asking her about a game where he is so good at already. That was pretty bad imho. She should have been at least surprised because of his skill level doesn't make sense for a new player.

I am also a bit surprised that she didn't realize Kirito is Kazuto. The whole world (well not the whole, probably entire Japan) knows about him as the hero from SAO and they probably have identified his nick in the game. And if I recall correctly, it was a huge news all over, right? But yeah, I guess Suguha never really pried into it, so I will let that part slide.

Other than that, I found the episode pretty good. Much better than the last episode. It's a downer that such a promising character like Asuna has become so weak as the series progressed. Romance usually makes characters stronger. SAO has made it the complete opposite.

Luna_ said:
Mod Edit: This thread will be moderated.

Trolling, flaming, insults, excessive profanity, off-topic arguments/debates with other users, and (off-topic) spam will be deleted and depending on the severity of the offense users will get warnings.

Recurring violations will result in bans.

While you are at it, could you edit "THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE." and mention that this includes LIGHT NOVELS, VISUAL NOVELS and GAMES alongside MANGA when MAL episode forum topics are generated?

Thanks.
Stay Home and Wash Your Hands.
Protect Yourself. Protect Your Loved Ones.
Protect Your Community and Help Defeat
Coronavirus.
Oct 27, 2012 3:00 PM

Jan 2012
Sugou is selling his research to someone else? That's stupid. What a weak villain. He's going to get the ability to control people's thoughts and emotions, and he's not even considering building his own army?!
bakapuntOct 27, 2012 3:03 PM
Oct 27, 2012 3:02 PM

Jul 2012
Sugou is creepy as fack.

Meh episode. 3/5
Oct 27, 2012 3:09 PM

Jun 2009
That was a really creepy ass Sugou tho

I like Asuna's outfit tbh
Oct 27, 2012 3:10 PM

May 2010
bakapunt said:
Sugou is selling his research to someone else? That's stupid. What a weak villain. He's going to get the ability to control people's thoughts and emotions, and he's not even considering building his own army?!

This.
It saddens me that Asuna can't do anything.. (for now)
and Sugous face really needs a friendly falcon punch...three times.
4/5
ErynysOct 27, 2012 3:13 PM
Oct 27, 2012 3:15 PM

Sep 2008
and its here! one of the 2 bastards i have hated the most thist year the other one being nomi from AccelWorld
damm..i cant remember out off all the anies i've watched, the last time i hated someone like these 2 since...lord freeza( wow)

lol at sugu's reaction after she loged out, win

the amusphere..looks kinda lame, i remember the descripcion about it being two rings that go over the head, and thus looking like a sphere , not some random googles...
Being a fan is like having a penis. Its nice to be proud of it But don't pull it out in public and wave it in other's faces

Kyurem Black. Kyurem White. Together they are Pretty Kyurem.
Oct 27, 2012 3:15 PM
Nov 2009
hahahaha leafa is suguha LOL
Oct 27, 2012 3:23 PM
Sep 2012
Zero_r2 said:
and its here! one of the 2 bastards i have hated the most thist year the other one being nomi from AccelWorld
damm..i cant remember out off all the anies i've watched, the last time i hated someone like these 2 since...lord freeza( wow)

lol at sugu's reaction after she loged out, win

the amusphere..looks kinda lame, i remember the descripcion about it being two rings that go over the head, and thus looking like a sphere , not some random googles...
Ugh! I hated Nomi so much that I deleted him from my mind. Nomi really is a douche and now we finally get to see why Sugou is hated so much after reading posters comments on him all these weeks. I have to say he really is a dick.

That funny flying scene where Kirito was flying around uncontrollably and those three zooming through the sky were the so nice. It was cute how Yui couldn't keep up so she went into Kirito's pocket. I swear I want a fairy like her too and that landing... lol

Suguha looked really hot in ALO which makes me even more sorry for Suguha. She likes Kirito while he's deeply in love with Asuna and now she's in love with Kirito in ALO but doesn't know it. I can only imagine how heartbroken she'd be when she finds out.

LOL @ the wall of red from the moderators. While I agree with troll posts being deleted, I do wish I could have read them before they were deleted to get a good laugh at how stupid they were.
IconicOct 27, 2012 3:26 PM
Oct 27, 2012 3:30 PM

Aug 2009
bakapunt said:

You think he is smart enough to lead one?
Oct 27, 2012 3:43 PM

Sep 2008
Loved the episode 5/5 , WTF @ suguha not recognizing kirito. Even a Team Rocket costume looks more efficient in hiding the real identity.
Oct 27, 2012 3:53 PM

Dec 2009
Finally, it took 16 threads of flame wars for the mods to finally bring civility to this board. :)

Now onto the episode. Great scenery. I hope to see more of Alfheim soon.

As for Sugou, yeah to me he's pretty much just an archetype of the all too familiar power-hungry villain. All about money and control for him. With the whole creepy pedo thing mixed in. :/
Oct 27, 2012 3:55 PM

Sep 2012
im liking these slower paced episodes, it lets the emotions sink in

i seriously hate suguo, i cant bear watching asuna being treated that way, especially in the anime

im looking forward to the next episodes with more action

EDIT: as a side note im glad their putting up rules on these threads Before this everyone used to be at each others throats and post whatever they want.
ZekkenOct 27, 2012 4:00 PM
Oct 27, 2012 3:56 PM
Jul 2012
I am currently only watching this show for sugou now he's a fucking boss
Oct 27, 2012 3:57 PM
Mar 2010
shanimebib said:
I am also a bit surprised that she didn't realize Kirito is Kazuto. The whole world (well not the whole, probably entire Japan) knows about him as the hero from SAO and they probably have identified his nick in the game. And if I recall correctly, it was a huge news all over, right? But yeah, I guess Suguha never really pried into it, so I will let that part slide.

The world doesn't know about him. The authorities in charge haven't released any user names to anyone, much less the real world identities of anyone. And while anime artstyle does a poor job of depicting it, Kirito's ALO avatar does not have a face identical to his real face.
Oct 27, 2012 4:01 PM
Oct 2012
shanimebib said:
It's strange how Leafa didn't even think how Kirito is asking her about a game where he is so good at already. That was pretty bad imho. She should have been at least surprised because of his skill level doesn't make sense for a new player.

Other than that, I found the episode pretty good. Much better than the last episode. It's a downer that such a promising character like Asuna has become so weak as the series progressed. Romance usually makes characters stronger. SAO has made it the complete opposite.

Luna_ said:
Mod Edit: This thread will be moderated.

Trolling, flaming, insults, excessive profanity, off-topic arguments/debates with other users, and (off-topic) spam will be deleted and depending on the severity of the offense users will get warnings.

Recurring violations will result in bans.

While you are at it, could you edit "THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE." and mention that this includes LIGHT NOVELS, VISUAL NOVELS and GAMES alongside MANGA when MAL episode forum topics are generated?

Thanks.

Lyfa was surprised and no, apart from the few guys who participated in the 75th boss battle nobody knows about Kirito's role in clearing Aincrad.
Oct 27, 2012 4:03 PM

Aug 2012
Didn't actually expect Leafa to be Suguha however obvious it may of been to some people. Also liked the scene with Sugou, very nicely done with the taunting and teasing towards Asuna.
Oct 27, 2012 4:03 PM
Jul 2012
Wow. I hate Sugou, so freaking much. I was shaking the entire second half of the episode. Had to actually stop myself from hitting the screen. Glad to see the anime is starting to get less rushed.
Pages (12) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

62 by Horizon248 »»
3 hours ago

» Dropping while it's still good ( 1 2 )

SIimyBread - Apr 15

58 by AtelierAni »»
Today, 5:45 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

163 by SignsOfSuicide »»
Apr 14, 9:54 PM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 16 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Stark700 - Oct 20, 2012

734 by Lionwing »»
Apr 7, 4:47 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

948 by Reshiram_IX »»
Apr 2, 4:37 PM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.