Forum Settings
Forums
New
What is favorite Fate/Stay Night Route?
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]
Nov 11, 2011 1:38 PM

Dec 2010
Fate route. Although very sad, it feels right, like that's the way it was meant to happen... kinda hard to explain what I meanXD.
I like UBW a lot too, whereas HF was ''meh''.
Seven years of power, the corporation claw
The rich control the government, the media, the law
To make some kind of difference
Then everyone must know:
Eradicate the fascists, revolution will grow...
Nov 11, 2011 7:12 PM

Dec 2008
Ixalion said:
Fate route. Although very sad, it feels right, like that's the way it was meant to happen... kinda hard to explain what I meanXD.

I have that feeling too. The end is very, very sad but this is just the most beautiful route.
New profile design sucks.
Nov 12, 2011 8:05 PM

Nov 2011
Unlimited Blade Works was the most epic out of the three in my opinion. It's also the route where romance isn't the central theme (Not that romance is bad).
Dec 23, 2011 4:16 PM

Jun 2009
Figured I'd drop this here as it more or less summarizes my opinions on the three routes.

In short, I loved pretty much everything about this VN. The characters were phenomenal, particularly Shirou (I count Archer as a part of Shirou's character,btw) and the three main heroines. They were wonderfully developed three dimensional character and, let's not forget Ilya and Kirei who were great in their own rights.

But, ultimately, if I have to choose I'll have to go with Unlimited Blade Works as my favorite. Archer's betrayal, his gambit to have Rin win the war, Rin punching out Caster, her contracting with Saber, Archer and Shirou clashing over their ideals, Shirou's epic Unlimited Blade Works scene, and finally the final scenes in the true ending. Gripping stuff.

I loved various things about the other two routes. Sakura slowly going mad in HF, Kotomine in general, Ilya in general, Shriou throwing his ideal away, Saber vs. Shirou (bad end), being forced to kill Saber in cold blood, Rin kicking ass, and that final fist fight. The only thing holding this back was the sort of weak ending in comparison to the other two routes. I still liked how Sakura smiled at the end, though and having the epilogue from Rin's Pov was a nice touch.

And, in Fate I liked the romance, Saber's characterization was remarkably handled, the You Are My Sheath scene, Shirou saying he can't take the Holy Grail when captured by Kirei, and the Saber vs. Gigamesh scene which is my personal favorite of the final battles. The first time Emiya was used was freaking epic.

But, anyway, UBW barely wins out for me. But, the other two are great in their own way.
"Yes, I have been deprived of emotion. But not completely. Whoever did it, botched the job."

- Geralt of Rivia
Jan 22, 2012 4:06 AM

Nov 2010
Shocked said:
"Saber's staring at me with cold eyes. I...

1. ...Save Saber.
2. ...Bring my arm down."

..........Freaking hell.

I chose bring my arm down first time. Man, that was painful to watch.

Anyways, Unlimited Blade Works. Rin<3
"Oh, you want some too?"
Apr 2, 2012 10:57 AM

Mar 2012
UBW>Fate>HF
But if you consider the emotional part a bit more, Fate goes as 1st.
The best relationship was definitely Saber-Shirou, but UBW gets the 1st place for it's main idea...
Best scene: HF/"Sparks Liner High" (bad end tho xD )
Apr 4, 2012 3:33 PM

Aug 2010
Valik93 said:
UBW>Fate>HF
But if you consider the emotional part a bit more, Fate goes as 1st.
The best relationship was definitely Saber-Shirou, but UBW gets the 1st place for it's main idea...
Best scene: HF/"Sparks Liner High" (bad end tho xD )

That is all bias of course. I can argue that Sakura-Shirou was the best relationship, or that HF was the best route.
Apr 7, 2012 7:52 AM

Mar 2012
Of course... There are as many opinions as there are people =))
I can't say that HF didn't touch me, but for me Sakura is a bit weak of an individual (and I can understand even this, considering her "childhood"...)
P.S.: I hate worms xD
Sep 9, 2012 12:55 PM

May 2012
Although HF is pretty interesting with lots of great moments and it IMO stood out the most, I have the greatest affection for UBW. I liked the confilct between Shirou and Archer, Rin is favourite girl from F/SN, we got lots of Lancer, lots of Archer (I adore these guys <3).
I'm not fond of Sakura (her story was touching and strong, I agree, but after some time I got tired of her constant suffering). As for Fate - it was a good introduction to the world of Fate/, but wasn't so epic as the next two routes, at least for me xD
Sep 9, 2012 1:10 PM

Nov 2010
Well I would choose UBW, but HF and Fate are great also. I chose this route because of GAR moments.

The plot was very interesting and my favorite moment was when Shirou vs Gilgamesh fought and that legendary sentence: "Do you have enough swords King of Heroes?", Rin is also very interesting (& pretty) character.
I liked HF for such tragic and beautiful story, and Fate becasue of Saber (<3) but UBW is my fav.

PS. Why prologue is in the poll? It isn't a normal route.
rosomak34Sep 9, 2012 1:15 PM
Sep 22, 2012 2:32 PM

Apr 2012
I must admit, that Heaven's Feel was clearly the best route, but UBW is my favourite. I have fondness to epic stuff. In Fate there was just too much of Saber (yes, I don't find Saber awesome like most of people :). Plot in HF is great, but worms, rapes, worms, cannibalism, worms, nymphomania and more worms is not enough to beat epicness of second route. Archer's story + fights + Gilgamesh + professor with terminator mode on + most awesome skill in the world (UBW) = ftw :)
Nov 14, 2012 11:32 AM

Oct 2011
UBW was my favorite route just because it was so epic, although I loved the romance with Saber more than Rin. Heaven's Feel is depressing, but in a good way.
Nov 25, 2012 2:42 PM

Sep 2011
UBW > HF > Fate.

Jan 5, 2013 9:39 AM

Aug 2012
Since the release of Realta Nua, My favorite would have to be the Fate route. Saber's my favorite heroine, and I'm a sucker for those happy endings.
Jan 15, 2013 10:58 AM
Jul 2012
I never saw heavens feel so would love a link so I can see it but I prefer ubw because it has the best ending I didn't like fate/stay nights ending
Feb 28, 2013 10:55 AM

Sep 2011
MikuIzumi said:
I never saw heavens feel so would love a link so I can see it but I prefer ubw because it has the best ending I didn't like fate/stay nights ending

Check XerBlade's channel on YT. He uploaded all the scenes on each routes of F/SN, including Heaven's Feel.

Apr 20, 2013 10:21 AM

Jan 2012
Unlimited Blade Works, no doubts. Mostlty because Tohsaka is my favorite heroine and Lancer really was badasss in the route. The route was bit poor when it came to love but it still had some love moments that make it out just fine.

It was a bad idea that the made a movie of the route and not tv anime of it
How I love a game
Apr 28, 2013 11:15 PM

Apr 2013
Can't really choose one for my favorite, UBW has Shirou and Archer being total badasses, HF looks like more canon (which i prefer) than the others + the Shirou vs. Kirei fight and Ninelives Revolver arc, Fate has Saber which is my favorite character in all of nasuverse + the Realta Nua Golden Separation arc where i shed a tear the first time i saw it.
Aug 25, 2013 4:50 PM

Jul 2013
I prefer the SaberxShirou romance in Fate and the ending, but UBW has to be my most favorite route out of all of them! XD Heavens feel? No. Its not that its too dark, its just that I don't like it plus the length~gah
machokanaNov 28, 2013 3:20 PM

Oct 30, 2013 4:03 AM
Aug 2013
I always love main route. Dunno why but Heaven's Feel is just too sad.
Oct 31, 2013 7:54 PM

Apr 2013
Heaven's Feel because of all the god damn FEELS.

9 Bullet Revolver, Spark Liner High, dem Illya moments especially the end. At first it used to be my least liked route til overtime it grew on me for its bold attempt to do things completely different to the other routes.

A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
GenkiiOct 31, 2013 8:02 PM
Nov 4, 2013 8:37 PM

Sep 2013
Fate>Heavens Feel>UBW

Fate is my first because I prefer the romance and story line better than the others, though the fight scenes are indeed inferior it still doesn't take away from my opinion on it. Plus the true ending (Yes, I view the LE canon) of the route is my favorite.

As for Heavens feel being my second, Yes the fight scenes were one of the best and Shirou being all GAR and stuff...However the parts I can't really stand...Sakura.(I personally just really dislike her.) Too much kitchen scenes, and H scenes(T_T), Gil getting killed off in such a stupid way, and of course the deaths of my favorite characters(Saber and Illya) Though, the romance is not that bad nor good, Sakura's backstory was made quite well.

UBW. Love the GAR fight scenes(Especially with Archer vs Shirou), Rin my second most favorite heroine (out of the three :p), ARCHER's backstory was well made though, the romance IMO had no chemistry. And the general story line ain't that interesting. Minus points for killing Ilya in such a way as that XP It was the most boring one for me.

EDIT: After years I reread the VN for the 3rd itme and MO changed XP
machokanapayaMar 27, 2014 7:40 PM
*Screaming autistically through the screen*
May 1, 2014 9:05 PM
Jun 2012
Favourite route has got to be HF. That one decision Shirou has to make sealed the deal for me. To either uphold his ideal of being a hero by saving many lives with the killing of one life, or to destroy his own ideal and protect the one he loves, valuing her life more than other people.

That conflict made me love the HF route.
May 13, 2014 2:39 PM

May 2013
I know it is technically the worst one but I'd be lying if I said any route got me involved more than Fate. I just really like Saber.
Bokura wa Minna Ikiteiru
Aug 27, 2014 3:15 PM

Aug 2014
I don't hate any of the routes, but my fav has to be UBW, since it's got the most action.
Heaven's Feel I like cause of the fact he value's Sakura's life over just a majority.
Nov 24, 2014 9:38 AM

Aug 2014
I honestly loved HF the most with UBW coming a close second. Honestly though, all the routes support each other to assemble one great story.

Anime is good, fucking deal with it.
Mar 4, 2015 4:51 AM

Feb 2015
UBW for me.This is the route in which we truly see the potential of Shirou.Plus, I like Rin.
Apr 15, 2015 9:01 AM

Dec 2013
UBW>Fate>HF

i'm not really that big a fan of Rin but UBW has the most Assassin and the most Archer and maybe the most Lancer idk but i think they deserve more time in the other routes. the action and story are in my opinion the best in UBW as well meaning i don't have that much trouble choosing. even in HF rider needs more time imo tho.

Assassin (F/UBW) > Archer > Lancer > Kuzuki > Rider > Gilgamesh (he's better in F/Z) > Sakura > Saber > Rin
Jun 20, 2015 5:17 AM

Mar 2010
HF > UBW >> Fate.
Jun 21, 2015 2:59 PM

Jan 2013
I just finished the three routes and the last episode on Real Nua and my prefered is UBW.

HF is just too dark. In the normal end, Shirou dies. And there are too many handicaps. But, at least he could finish Berserk and in one of the bad ends, he won against Saber.

My dream would be a fourth route where Saber is Shirou's servant until the end, but it's Rin route.
Jul 9, 2015 9:28 PM
Apr 2013
All routes are almost equally good but if you were ask me it is HF>UBW>Fate.
Jul 20, 2015 2:58 AM

Jun 2015
Unexistent Illya route. :D

In terms of story, atmosphere and FEEEEEELS, Heaven's Feel is my clear favourite.

However, UBW is SO DAMN EPIC AND BADASS AND GAR, so HF and UBW are pretty much tied in terms of being the best route for me.

Fate is much weaker than both of these routes.

HF>UBW> > > > > > > > > > Fate
Sep 7, 2015 2:37 PM

May 2015
UBW >= HF > Fate
Sep 13, 2015 3:09 PM

Feb 2015
I like UBW the most because of the good ending (I like Tohsaka and Saber). But I have to admit that HF is the most dark and well writen route.
Oct 17, 2015 8:01 AM

May 2015
I like all the routes but personally, my favourite is UBW. Partially because Rin is my favourite girl and for me, the biggest draw of the Fate/Series is the servants and pretty much all of them (except Rider) get a significant amount of screen time in this route. I especially liked the conflict between Shirou and Archer.

After that, it's Heaven's Feel. I like the more serious tone and the epic battles in the second half. Personally though, I just don't really find Sakura that interesting and the kitchen scenes really started to drag on.

Finally Fate's my least favourite. It works well as an introduction to the the premise of the grail war but isn't as developed the second two.
Oct 18, 2015 11:03 AM

Nov 2014
Second half of HF is the GOAT
Oct 25, 2015 12:23 AM

Sep 2015
UBW>HF>Fate
[url=http://myanimelist.net/animelist/QcK_Dagger_HeaT&sclick=1][IMG]
Nov 8, 2019 8:05 AM

Jan 2013
ha>fate>hf>ubw
Oct 19, 2020 8:49 PM

Sep 2020
Since you included a prologue option, you should have also put the epilogue as well (Last episode).

UBW, IMO, is the most consistent route. The other routes were either too slow (Fate) or too fast (HF).
Apr 21, 4:43 AM
Downhill Ace

Oct 2020
Heaven's Feel for me since Sakura and Shirou's relationship is my favorite.
Reply Disabled for Non-Club Members
Pages (2) « 1 [2]

More topics from this board

» What did you think of Heaven's feel 3?

DiogoT555 - Apr 4, 2021

2 by PenkoPenko »»
Apr 21, 4:23 AM

» Favorite Type-Moon Character ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Sobzob - Jul 27, 2007

259 by PenkoPenko »»
Apr 21, 4:04 AM

» Heavens Feel Discussion

FakerEmiya - Nov 2, 2008

27 by SpaceTheGamer »»
Aug 17, 2017 1:58 PM

» Nasu-verse powers!!!

Cloudy - Oct 27, 2008

14 by SpaceTheGamer »»
Aug 7, 2017 11:32 PM

» Where to buy the Fate/Stay Night + Hollow Ataraxia (R-18 Version)?

Roukanken - May 17, 2015

2 by Roukanken »»
May 17, 2015 1:26 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.