MyAnimeList.net

Forums

Recent Posts | My Watched Topics | My Ignored Topics | Search

Favorite Fate/Stay Night Route
MyAnimeList.net Forum »» Club Discussion »» Type-Moon »» Favorite Fate/Stay Night Route

Must be a Club Member to Reply
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
View Poll Results: What is favorite Fate/Stay Night Route?
Fate

13 8.61%
Unlimited Blade Works

71 47.02%
Heaven's Feel

62 41.06%
Prologue

5 3.31%
Voters: 151

04-02-09, 8:15 AM

overall i would have to say Heavens Feel route then UBW then Fate. There are many particular reasons for this selection but HF and UBW are really close to each other.

04-03-09, 3:15 AM

Ketuekigami said:
Soulshade said:
i cant really say cause wouldnt zoken do sumthing to prevent sakura from not participating? like when rider dies in fate wouldnt he jump in and cause sakura to turn dark like in HF? cant remember wat happened to sakura in ubw but yea im sure sumthing would cause zoken to take action to prevent his chance from seeing the HG gate open
There are different reasons as too why Zoken did or did not take action in each route. Sakura wasn't always ready to become the grail and Zoken couldn't turn her Dark whenever he pleased. Sakura needed to be pushed into becoming Dark. it was because of Shirou that she was able to get that final push in HF. Without it she wouldn't become Dark and there is nothing Zoken could have done to change that. Thiat is the main reason why Dark Sakura was impossible in Fate and UBW and why Zoken had very little options which caused his lack of influence.

huh? Sakura was always ready to become the grail, zoken just had to turn on the "switch", also zokens worms inside sakura were the main causes of turning her dark not because shirou pushed her over the limit although sakura was pretty pissed when shirou started liking saber or rin in watever route u choose which is more than enough to get her going. Sakura also knew that shirou and saber were already contracted as soon as they both showed up as quoted in HF so she that she would have to fight them both sooner or later when zoken flicks the "switch". but the main reasons that sakura turned evil was cause he was dumped by her biological father, raped and tortured by the matous and rin not even to bother saving her.

04-11-09, 8:21 PM

Heaven's Feel! Sakura is absolutely doomed any other way, and that's just no good, I really liked every route though.

05-02-09, 3:35 PM

Why am I the only person to vote for the prologe?

C'mon I know it the shortest of all. But I would have loved a route where we followd Rin and Archer win the grail war without Shirou joining Rin!

I mean what would have happond if Archer beat Saber then and there.

I loved both Heaven's Feel and UWB and i can't choose whitch one i like better
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"

05-04-09, 11:59 PM

It's a tie UBW vs. HF. Lol

05-12-09, 12:09 PM

Prologue FTW lol.

I really enjoyed all the endings, and I agree that UBW and HF twists in relation to Fate route were memorable, but nothing is like the standpoint view of Tohsaka. Maybe I'm just incompatible with Shirou's mind, but the prologue and interludes on all routes would just always trill me.

06-05-09, 10:20 PM

For me It was A tie between Fate and UBW (As I loved both routes in different ways and for different reasons)- I was rather a harsh critic of HF, felt to contrived to me, but to each their own personal taste, right? . So I flipped a coin and Fate goes my vote. (heads)
Modified by sirwence, 06-05-09, 10:26 PM

06-12-09, 5:41 PM

I really like both unlimeted bladeworks and Heaven's Feel, but went with heaven's feel cause rider is my fav.

06-13-09, 6:02 PM

surprisingly, Rin always have a good end

06-15-09, 11:59 AM

Vin-nii said:

That depends on whether or not you consider Last Episode canon.

06-17-09, 2:53 AM

Heaven's Feel for the win!

06-18-09, 1:57 AM

UBW, great story with both epic and funny scenes + the only ending that isn't depressing, Fate is only one short step behind UBW in my opinion though.

06-18-09, 6:15 PM

Tiebreaker! Anyway, yeah, it's a tough choice between UBW and HF. They were both amazing, and both had their fair share of awesome moments for certain characters, like Kotomine and Ilya for HF and Lancer and Saber for UBW.

It's even hard to say which Shirou I prefer too. UBW Shirou went face-to-face with perhaps the most dangerous servant and won relying on his own power. HF Shirou was pretty crazy too, potentially defeating Black Saber/Berserker and Kotomine singlehandedly, although he had a much higher price to pay. In the end I think I just have to hand it to badass Lancer and Rin!Saber, as well as Rin punching out Caster.

I also liked Rin more than Sakura, if only by a little.

06-24-09, 2:27 PM

Vin-nii said:

In HF either Sakura gets Shirou or Shirou dies... But since Rin is the only confirmed bisexual in the Natsuverse.....

Also if you don't kill Saber in HF then

She only get Shirou (and saber) in UWB. Then again Shinji survived there so that's the only not good thing about it.
"Never imagine yourself not to be otherwise than what it might appear to others that what you were or might have been was not otherwise than what you had been would have appeared to them to be otherwise"

07-24-09, 2:38 AM

Vin-nii said:

Not exactly:

Anyways, sakura's got relatively good ends in every route:

Anyways, I loved Heavens Feel. Not only because our moe semi-waifu Sakura, but because of Shirou. He really acted like a man. The story has less characters than the previous ones, but they developed nicely. Not to mention as a finale almost anyone's got enough development previously. I somewhat like and hate that aspect of the VN. Every route partly builds on the developments of the previous ones.Someone crtised it as it being dull on romance. It's not that. Even if both protagonists are in love from the beginning it doesn't mean the end of the romance. It touches an often left out part of it. The relationship itself. Being in relationship hardly means your goes easier. It stirs up new problems you must deal with. To me HF was a little bit similar to Tsukihime. Maybe because this is the only one which deals with insanity and because it has a great amount of emotions.
And last it seemed the most real/believable to me. True Assasssin's birth was explained somewhere in it and Zouken's sudden appearance too. The shadow thing was a bit strange, butbearable. The most unbelievable was the Rin vs dark sakura fight, because of various reasons. But it was no where near as dumb as the Gil vs Shirou or the Fate's last battle. Not to mention Shirou payed quite some price for everything he did. Nione of the good things he get came without anything as a pay. For everything he gained he sacraficed something of the same or even greater value. It may be sad, but that's why I like it.

08-20-11, 11:56 AM

UBW for sure. Follow by HF. I don't know why HF has so much haters. Fate routes more of an introduction. Anyways UBW=HF>>>>>>>>Fate

HF showed just how badass Kotomine is. For sure one of the best chars in fate stay night.
Modified by Ragna92, 04-04-12, 3:37 PM

08-24-11, 12:20 PM

Unlimited Blade Works of course (Rin FTW!). Heaven's Feel was too dark for my liking and Fate ending didn't really satisfy me >_>

10-28-11, 9:52 PM

"Saber's staring at me with cold eyes. I...

1. ...Save Saber.
2. ...Bring my arm down."

..........Freaking hell.

10-30-11, 5:20 AM

Heh. Predictably, UBW and HF massively dominate over Fate.
Choosing between UBW and HF is a tough one though.

As they say in Tiger Dojo, Fate is "about Holy Grail War" i.e. sort of introductory route. UBW is "about Shirou" i.e. main character evolves the most. HF is "a backstage", tying loose ends together. Latter two are much better then former one, just from the setting, so to say. Personal preference just depends on if you care more about characters or general story/world setting IMO. I happen to prefer UBW by a slight margin.

HF is a real tearjerker btw, which some people out there dislike. That may explain at least some haters =P

11-01-11, 9:37 AM

Unlimited blade works for me :) The scene with rin was great, i should fill more information later on..

Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Help     FAQ     About     Contact     Terms     Privacy     AdChoices