Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
BTOOOM!
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »
Oct 25, 2012 9:48 PM

Sep 2012
God Damn! This show is some heavy shit!

Loving every minute!

Can't help but feel sorry for that little fucker. Damn, that grab was just...ouch. I actually cringed. Haven't done that during an anime since Higurashi!
Oct 25, 2012 9:51 PM

Aug 2012
Oct 25, 2012 10:18 PM
Laughing Man

Jun 2012
Wait... what? Killing and raping women? I was like isn't that backwards? Then cop says it too, hehe.
Those bombs are annoyingly weak. There more like firecrackers instead of bombs. Not even exploding a few inches from your face they can kill.
Sakamoto's kill-mode. I wish it was that easy. You just go "I'm awesomesauce at CoD so Imma just throw this tomahawk and kill someone a few miles away". It was cool though.
Oct 25, 2012 10:21 PM
Jan 2008
YorozuyaGinSan said:
Evanjs said:
Sakamoto x Himiko next week :3 Is this still keeping true to the manga? I really don't care as long as those two're good but just wondering.
Not in the least... Himiko wouldn't of even been introduced more than just that tiny scene after she was nearly raped....

Honestly thinking of dropping this anime... It's not bad, but it doesn't work well as an adaptation the manga and in terms of quality pacing, even to the point where I can say it's nearly nonexistent... Only three good characters in this series apart from the two mains are the creepy glasses guy (I believe he was formerly a Doctor...), Oda, and Kira... All of the others die early on anyway... Not even a spoiler there... That's just the common formula of survival manga..

I disagree with the

Spoilers above, don't click to non-manga readers. I actually hate bringing spoilers into an anime discussion. :(

InfiniteDestiny said:
Awesome episode, nice additional scenes in the beginning to show how psycho Kira really is, also the fight was nicely animated, tho just like in the manga it still makes you go WTF a little as to how he survived, but well whatever, still a good episode.

There was no additional information, all of it was shown in the manga or known. The anime took a less direct route in presenting Kira's past instead of showing him well, you know.
Oct 25, 2012 10:30 PM

Dec 2010
PervisumChaos said:
There was no additional information, all of it was shown in the manga or known. The anime took a less direct route in presenting Kira's past instead of showing him well, you know.

Sigh....I said additional scene not additional info (should have taken out the s as i didn't mean it to be plural) and it was an additional scene, the cop scene wasn't in the manga, in the manga they simply showed the rape of the dead girl instead.
Oct 25, 2012 10:33 PM

Jul 2012
God, the 14 year old kid killed THEN raped 3 women?! Gods sake that's up there on the psycho list. And how do they have the kind of technology for his bombs?! XD Nasty way to kill the Dad, but god did he deserve it. But how did the kid survive an explosion at point blank range lol xD

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 25, 2012 10:37 PM

Jul 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
PervisumChaos said:

Sigh....I said additional scene not additional info (should have taken out the s as i didn't mean it to be plural) and it was an additional scene, the cop scene wasn't in the manga, in the manga they simply showed the rape of the dead girl instead.

I think I like the alternative the anime took, I'm not sure how many more rape scene's I could put up with after the second episode..

If you really want to fit in, just put Legend of the Galactic Heroes in your top 5 and have it be the only 10-rated anime in your list.
Oct 25, 2012 10:55 PM
Sep 2012
QuiGonJon said:
God, the 14 year old kid killed THEN raped 3 women?! Gods sake that's up there on the psycho list. And how do they have the kind of technology for his bombs?! XD Nasty way to kill the Dad, but god did he deserve it. But how did the kid survive an explosion at point blank range lol xD
Kousuke is one really screwed up kid. I was like wft when I read that he killed those women before raping them and again when I heard it just now. Still, after getting a glimpse of what his father put him through, it's no wonder why he turned out that way. I was actually glad to see him kill his father. since he's one of the people in the island who actually deserved to be killed.

People surviving explosions at close range is just few of those things that you have to ignore in order to enjoy this show. If it was realistic then people would be throwing those bombs far away so they won't get hit with their own bombs as well as keeping distance from the other player. We also wouldn't get to see them getting close up to one another and seeing their reactions at they fight to survive.

Great episode with lots of action.

5/5
Oct 25, 2012 11:04 PM

Aug 2008
Blackbird said:
To be honest the manga is the best, but they just don't have enough material to cover everything. :D

I didn't care about the introducent of that psycho boy, what he did.
Sakamoto caught a little brain damage and thought he was in some kind of virtual reality, that's his usually skills when he play the game Btooom!

Yeah I can't wait to see Himiko, that's the best part going to be and when he.... Not going to spoiler anything so better read the manga.
Himiko that hates males, such a trauma but raw manga is so nice.

Sakamoto VS Himiko (Preview) :D

Duh people are watching at crunchyroll so they got a few hours early.

hahaha now I want to read the manga too...
My Grandmother Always said.. He who walks through the path of heaven will rule over everything..

Oct 25, 2012 11:34 PM
Apr 2012
Amazing! Best episode by far.
Oct 25, 2012 11:43 PM

Jun 2012
It's pretty crazy to think a 14 year old killing then raping 3 women. Imagine a classmate in highschool(primary school depending on where you're from) doing all that. Him doing all of that shit so young makes me kind of appreciate my parents a little more X D I know it's a cartoon but still.

Cool fight between Kosuke and Sakamoto. It was pretty interesting to see Sakamoto's brain snap under the pressure and make him think he was just playing a game but then he goes back into reality just before he finishes Kosuke off. If I were in his shoes I honestly wouldn't know if I would've cracked like he did.

I really liked the music this week whether it was during the fight or just in the off moments before the battle. They had a standoff kind of feel to it.

Yay for Himeko and Sakamoto next week!
Oct 25, 2012 11:56 PM

Feb 2012
man those bombs are pretty weak to have not killed him lol
Oct 25, 2012 11:58 PM

Aug 2012
Uh guys, why don't the manga reader make a new discussion thread talking about how good the adaptation from manga is. I really don't like people comparing manga and anime in anime-viewers-only discussion. Spoilers are easily be everywhere when some manga-readers jumped in. An evaluation of the adaptation is of course needed, but it would be better in a new thread; with the manga-readers only there, the discussion is should be more effective and they don't need to hear the opinions of the unknowing anime-viewers-only.

I, haven't read the manga, found the anime is quite enjoyable.
Waiting for next week anime gives me another reason to live.
Oct 26, 2012 12:05 AM

Aug 2010
The crotch grab made me wince.
Oct 26, 2012 12:07 AM

Mar 2008
Kousuke is going to be mai husbando. Ohhhhh my. Amazing episode.
Oct 26, 2012 12:48 AM

Mar 2011
Gah, I love that kid!
Awesome episode.
Oct 26, 2012 12:58 AM

Oct 2012
This episode caught a lot of my attention.
Getting to see that kid's family life was something new since I'm not in an abusive family relationship. I'm kind of glad that the kid didn't end up teaming up with Sakamoto, it wouldn't have felt right if he did.

I want to watch the new episode because yus, Himiko is going to be in it.
Oct 26, 2012 12:59 AM

Dec 2011
Now that is a very unique bomb. Implosion type? Awesome.

Sakamoto is really a genius. He now have 3 types of BIMs.
The old guy collected the green chip.

Can't wait for next ep. Himiko will join our crew!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 26, 2012 1:32 AM

Jun 2010
Evanjs said:
Sakamoto x Himiko next week :3 Is this still keeping true to the manga? I really don't care as long as those two're good but just wondering.

It is keeping true to the manga. It's just that they showed Himiko's story earlier. But that doesn't really change anything to the story. The pacing is good, they are not skipping any important part. It's just that we don't know how it's gonna end with just 12 episodes because volume 9 isn't translated yet. There's a possibility of them doing a unique ending. A sequel is the best choice in my opinion though. It's a great adaptation to say the least.

About the episode, MIYUKI'S VOICE! Suits Kira very well. That was BA!
Oct 26, 2012 1:39 AM
Jan 2012
I wan't the implosion bomb. Best episode so far yet the anime is a bit cliche. Still worth watching.. I can't get enough of the Opening.
Oct 26, 2012 2:08 AM

May 2010
THAT MGS3 NUT CHECK, the more i watch this the more eff up it gets, also why does the o shit horror leg trip alway happen in chase it played out to all hell.

and that kid is fuck up but not as much as his dad. MJ HEHE
Oct 26, 2012 3:03 AM

Aug 2011
Wait, I don't understand. Why is it weird for someone to rape a woman only after killing her? I thought raping a dead person was easier, since the corpse won't actually shout for help or struggle, etc.

Back to topic, wow. The abuse scenes are actually worse in the anime than in the manga. I actually winced and had to grab my non-existent balls when Kousuke's father grabbed his crotch there. So far I'm liking how they did Kousuke in the anime. Not sure if we'll be able to see him again since this anime is only going to have 12 episodes. In the manga, Kousuke didn't appear again until like 30 chapters later.

Next episode, Himiko teams up with Taira and Sakamoto. I don't want to spoil anything, but lemme just say that there'll be a lot of suspense in the next episode.
Oct 26, 2012 3:25 AM

Sep 2012
-MgZ_ said:

About the episode, MIYUKI'S VOICE! Suits Kira very well. That was BA!

You've got to give it to Miyukichi for her always impressive performance. And these days you can hear her voice acting almost everywhere!

Just the last and this season...

Kokoro Connect, Himeko Inaba
Moyashimon Returns, Marie
Jinrui wa Suitaishimashita, Y
Btooom!, Kosuke Kira
Psycho-Pass, Shion Karanomori
K, Seri Awashima
Medaka Box Abnormal, Naze Youka
So MAL finally starts locking news threads that are only a few weeks old?

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

I wonder how long people would put up with this.

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 26, 2012 3:25 AM

Jan 2012
I never read the manga so I find this anime just fine xD
Love it ;p

And that boy sure is tenacious...
Oct 26, 2012 3:26 AM

Aug 2012
Ah this anime is turning out great!!

Reading the manga for this, and the anime is just as good I think. ^^

Brilliant fighting scenes, it sucks that this only getting 12 ep's but I guess that means that every episode will be awesome :3

Can't wait for the next ep, looks like himiko should be playing a main role in it :D
Oct 26, 2012 3:32 AM

Sep 2012
Just forgot - I think its jazz soundtrack is pretty cool, not least because jazz soundtrack is not used that often in anime.

I wonder where was the announcement of this change? Or we are seeing yet another case of changes made that impacted users but not communicated to them?

As much as I have a bunch of information to share about anime announced recently I cannot share it in news board, and the anime series is too disorganized and chaotic to share information except with people already interested in the particular series.
Oct 26, 2012 3:58 AM
Feb 2009
love this show so much !!1
Oct 26, 2012 4:00 AM

May 2012
Kira Kousuke's awaken Yagami Light
Isayama Hajime should be awarded The Manga with The Highest Inconsistencies of Characters' Appearances.
He keeps performing multiple plastic surgeries on those Shingeki No Kyojin characters in a SINGLE chapter.
Yes, I've read up to the latest chapter of Shingeki No Kyojin manga.
Forced myself to read through the kidsketching chapters after the anime's ended. At least from now on, I only have to go through the hell once a month.
Patiently awaiting SNK TV/movie/OVA anime-sequel.
The 2015 SNK live-action movie would probably suck.
Oct 26, 2012 4:42 AM

Nov 2011
C'mon, he's 14---kill and rape?
Well it was the best ep

Join the MSP Club for an in-depth look at score progressions and other stats of currently airing anime
Oct 26, 2012 5:10 AM
Jan 2008
InfiniteDestiny said:
PervisumChaos said:

Ah yeah, should've got rid of the s - my mistake on seeing scene as information. The cop scene is indeed additional, but likely only to avoid seeing a kid violate a dead person hence they needed to explain it instead of show it.
Oct 26, 2012 5:14 AM
Aug 2012
Awesome episode , best one so far.

this kid should've died there why is he still alive?
Oct 26, 2012 5:20 AM

Nov 2009
love this episode and the gore scene ... but hey, damn censoring :(.

I read the manga several years though, that kid was insane but I forgot the reasons, oh well lol kill then raep 3 woman, he isn't an ordinary kid. That kid's voice was obviously Miyuki's voice, felt like strange ...

Oct 26, 2012 5:33 AM
Sep 2011
Great fight scene...wow the main character in this show is a moron.
The new kid introduced was OK I guess, he was a pretty good character but the more he spoke it seemed the less I liked him, I don't hate the kid but he isn't one of my favorites.
Also let me add I am glad that they left out the rape scene with Kira, I mean there is a difference between censorship and good taste, showing a 14 year old boy raping the corpse of a woman is well, not something I and i'm sure a lot of other people don't want to see.
Seriously what is it with this show and rape? First We get episode 2 with the female leads backstory in which her friends are raped, then the fat guy implies he raped someone and that's why he was on the island and now Kira is a necrophiliac, that is 3 occasions in 4 episodes. It really comes across at this point that the writer needs new ideas for character backstories.
edl01Oct 26, 2012 5:40 AM
Oct 26, 2012 5:36 AM
Jul 2018
Hmm, at least its better than SAO. When he went badass, reminded me of light from DN lol
Oct 26, 2012 5:45 AM
May 2012
edwd2 said:
Hmm, at least its better than SAO. When he went badass, reminded me of light from DN lol

is SAO some sort of benchmark by now or why is every hater twat comparing it to anything else?
Oct 26, 2012 6:13 AM

Sep 2012
This anime is decent, but it lacks some originality so far. The fat guy is the only intriguing character for the moment.
Oct 26, 2012 6:17 AM
May 2012
OK himiko and sakamoto next week cant wait for this, I loved the series so far. I wonder what'll happen next week
Oct 26, 2012 7:24 AM

Sep 2012
Raphow said:
edwd2 said:

is SAO some sort of benchmark by now or why is every hater twat comparing it to anything else?

I guess people bring up SAO in Btooom discussion is because of the similarity found - both have the setting based on network games (though in SAO's case it is virtual while Btoom is in real world) and both have a survival theme, and as in SAO there is a love story going on which involve two of the game participants.

Oct 26, 2012 7:50 AM

Oct 2012
liked the bomb fights, I hope that sakamoto will finally get used to killing people so we can see more of his epic fights.
Oct 26, 2012 9:14 AM

Feb 2011
Awesome , he should play like that everytime , i liked the radar sync idea
Oct 26, 2012 9:50 AM

Dec 2009
DAT AWESOME KOUSUKE \(。’▽’。)/
Oct 26, 2012 10:15 AM

Jul 2012
Can't wait for next week.

Oct 26, 2012 10:18 AM

Feb 2012
Damn they took out the necophillia scene. Aww :(

Also I must be the only one that thinks Miyuki's voice doesn't fit Kousuke. She's using the same voice she used when playing as Inaba which is just so wrong.

Don't see how that's impressive when it doesn't fit the character.
Oct 26, 2012 10:23 AM
May 2012
I want to see sakamoto hump himiko in the next episode :D ROFL
Oct 26, 2012 10:30 AM

Apr 2012
Another episode in which Sakamoto shows (to some extent) how much of an idiot he is..
Gosh, that attitude of him is so annoying. Kill or get killed. So simple.
If he doesn't want to actively kill someone by hunting the green sensors, fine. Would be a stupid anime if there's a pro killer and it would give a very negative image for all gamers anyway.
But not even when he's getting attacked? With bombs? Come on..
Oct 26, 2012 10:48 AM

Sep 2012
rishardew said:

Yvese said:
Also I must be the only one that thinks Miyuki's voice doesn't fit Kousuke. She's using the same voice she used when playing as Inaba which is just so wrong.

Oh, so it was Miyuki! Couldn't remember where I heard it before

Perhaps from one of the recent shows below?

Horizon, Honda Masazumi
Btooom!, Kosuke Kira
K, Seri Awashima
Zetsuen no Tempest, Hakaze Kusaribe
symbvOct 26, 2012 10:51 AM

Oct 26, 2012 11:18 AM

Jul 2011
Yep, Kid was purely insane. Killed his father and was like maniac :P

And more yay, next time great fight coming as anime version :D

"A half moon, it has a dark half and a bright half, just like me…", Yuno Gasai
Oct 26, 2012 11:33 AM

Oct 2011
symbv said:
Raphow said:
edwd2 said:

I guess people bring up SAO in Btooom discussion is because of the similarity found - both have the setting based on network games (though in SAO's case it is virtual while Btoom is in real world) and both have a survival theme, and as in SAO there is a love story going on which involve two of the game participants.

Pretty much this. But if one really thinks about it, the two shows are quite different in theme. Many anime viewers who are utterly dissatisfied by SAO likely expected it to be another survival game anime, while it never actually focused on that; SAO is much more about the adventure and the romance than the survival theme. I think people would enjoy the show more if they would treat it like an adventure/romance show, instead of a survival game thriller, because like I said, that's not what SAO is about at all.

Oct 26, 2012 11:40 AM

Sep 2012
that was awesome, im loving the way their animating btooom! the fights are so much better in the anime than the manga with still images

i guess this is foreshadowing sakamoto's insanity?

looking forward to the coming eps
Oct 26, 2012 12:11 PM

Mar 2010
symbv said:
rishardew said:

Yvese said:

Oh, so it was Miyuki! Couldn't remember where I heard it before

Perhaps from one of the recent shows below?

Horizon, Honda Masazumi
Btooom!, Kosuke Kira
K, Seri Awashima
Zetsuen no Tempest, Hakaze Kusaribe

Imo that voice isnt half bad for that kiddo. It just shows he's really young lol. And comparin' to other animes is just your problemo.
Pages (4) « 1 [2] 3 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Nov 29, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 28, 7:20 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Elite60 - Nov 15, 2012

158 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 7:25 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Elite60 - Nov 8, 2012

140 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 6:51 PM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Nov 1, 2012

177 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 11:45 AM

Poll: » Btooom! Episode 3 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 18, 2012

142 by project_ain »»
Mar 27, 8:44 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.