Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Mar 22, 2014 6:53 PM

Aug 2013
Damn, Risa... That was really stupid.

Seriously, you could see that he was in shock and you still go out with that random guy? That is not acceptable for me.

I wonder how it will turn out. Ootani seemed really serious when he said that he broke up.

That kid was annoying. He was cute and nice, but his misunderstanding of the situation was annoying.
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Jun 18, 2014 2:28 AM

Jul 2012
It's the first time I'm 100% on Otani's side, cmon Risa, at least you should have told him before that you were going to a concert with the other midget
xNihalxJun 18, 2014 3:41 AM
Jul 4, 2014 7:42 AM

Dec 2013
Feels like a pretty childish realtionship if they break up that fast
Jul 19, 2014 7:50 PM

May 2014
Airveen said:
Feels like a pretty childish realtionship if they break up that fast
OH hull yea, this anime's couple has as much cheesy moments as a rated PG Disney show. Cheesy and simple, here's some advice, don't think too much about the plot or just about anything in this show. Conserve your processing power.
Aug 4, 2014 2:55 AM

Jan 2014
naratemari said:
i think that risa made a mistake going together to the umibozu concert with the other boy however otani went to far by breaking up with her O_O
Exactly.
Aug 25, 2014 9:20 AM

Oct 2013
That little prick needs to learn some manners, i mean you can't just ask someone's gf to go to the live concert with you just like that, there are boundaries !
Nov 27, 2014 9:47 PM
Aug 2012
that was really shitty of koizumi. otani did the right thing to pull the plug imo. if i were him, shed have to have some kind of astronomical apology to make up.
Jan 4, 2015 3:14 PM

Jan 2014
Levels of idiocy is too strong...
Feb 6, 2015 4:19 PM

Sep 2014
I can't really blame him, I would be fucking annoyed if something like this happened to me, especially after he saw the dude trying to (or even managing?) to kiss her. He might have gone a bit overboard but really, nothing strange.

Still, I didn't like it because there is another drama nad so little episodes more, why can't we see more happy and lovey-dovey stuff instead of constant fights and shit honestly
ImaishiFeb 6, 2015 4:22 PM
Apr 11, 2015 5:37 PM
Jun 2013
It's crazy but I don't blame Otani one bit. She shouldn't have gone to that concert. I can't believe how nonchalant she was acting towards the new guy kissing her. What an iditot!

(I wonder how many times the word "idiot" was used in this anime...)
Sep 7, 2015 5:04 AM
Dec 2009
Do people actually kiss friends/coworkers who are sleeping!?! I've seen this multiple times on TV but can't imagine it ever happening in real life.

She should get her coworker to talk to Otani himself THAT VERY DAY... and she shouldn't have gone to the Umibouzu event. As soon as you start telling yourself "it's not really cheating"--- it is! I don't blame Otani for dumping her.
Sep 24, 2015 1:14 PM

Nov 2014
I really liked how Otani responded. There is just no excuse for her actions.
Oct 10, 2015 4:37 AM
May 2012
naratemari said:
i think that risa made a mistake going together to the umibozu concert with the other boy however otani went to far by breaking up with her O_O

Exactly, but I can understand Otani. He was supposed to give that tape to her, then bam.

xMusicMohawk said:
Holy ballz! only took that kid 1 episode to destroy about 20 eps of development...

And exactly again ahahaha.
Feb 12, 2016 10:47 AM
Jul 2014
Fuc* me!!! Risa didn't even tell Ootani she's going to the concert?! If she would tell/ask him, I'm sure he'd OK with it! Now all is a big mess. Risa, idiot,lol...
Feb 13, 2016 4:41 PM

Feb 2015
shoganai said:
Well, this episode was more in character for these, er... well, characters. The humor was back and Risa seemed more like her usual fun self.

So, Risa can't go to a freakin concert with a co-worker? If Otani would talk to the girl and give her some time out of his day, she probably would have told him about it. After everything she's gone through for him, he's just being petty and stubborn to break up over something so silly. Or is it just to teach Risa another lesson? I'm starting to really dislike this manipulative little bastard.

All in all a nice rebound from the last episode which I thought was a little flat. C'mon Otani, get a clue...

THIS. maybe risa should have gone, maybe she shouldn't have, i really think this isn't really all her fault. otani is absolutely overreacting.

xMusicMohawk said:
Holy ballz! only took that kid 1 episode to destroy about 20 eps of development...

lol ikr...

Droh said:
I cannot understand why Nobuko is in the episode. Didn't she travel to her grandmother's city?

she did and she came back.
Undim said:
This episode is a major blemish on the show.

yep.
-----
otani, you're being way too stupid here. i support risa in a way since she can do whatever the heck she wants as long as she is still loyal to you. and be honest. you have been busy for weeks. was she supposed to miss out on umibozu just because you couldn't go? if she went with nobu's BF i bet you wouldn't have made such a big deal.
Mar 30, 2016 11:43 AM
Jul 2018
just out of his mind, they can't keep a peaceful relationship
Apr 30, 2016 7:42 AM

Mar 2015
Adding break up moment to spice things up from Author herself.

2.3/5
May 16, 2016 10:42 PM

Aug 2007
Otani went a bit far but it was probably out of anger. Risa did a dumb move and she even knew beforehand it was sketch.
Jun 13, 2016 6:33 AM

Oct 2012
Ootani, isn't that kind cruel?
"Signature removed"
Jun 14, 2016 8:38 AM

Apr 2014
I can only give my perspective as a woman, but I definitely feel Risa was in the wrong. Maybe guys dont see it that way. But you don't have to physically be with someone (i.e. Kiss or have Sex) to cheat on someone. You can emotionally cheat on to them to. Don't want to speak for all women, but I know that for a lot us - emotionally cheating is just as bad and maybe even worse. Sex is sex. People can have casual sex and it means nothing (yes it's still devestating if a partner sleeps with someone else). But if your partner is emotionally cheating, then it takes actual thought and intention. It's your partner going out of ther way to express feelings for another person.

Risa doesn't go that far. So I'm not condemning her. But she knew perfectly well that going to a concert with this guy that has a crush on her, meant possibly entertaining his emotions.

I feel like people forget, but at the end of the concert Risa is being confessed to and she's staring into his eyes all doe eyed. And the animation even indicates she's feeling his emotions (yes, I know this is a very exaggerated show in terms of the art style). But the scene clearly shows her looking into his eyes deeply and feeling his love. We have no idea what would have happened had Otani not showed up. They are only interrupted by Otani. Risa makes no attempts to say No, or back away in the moment (not saying she couldn't have had Otani not interrupted). But in that moment, she was doing something she shouldn't have.

Honestly, it's fine to go out with friends. But if someone tried to kiss you, and has deep feelings for you, then you shouldn't be going out with them (even on dates like this concert). I get that Risa was a massive fan, and the idea was that she was going for the concert. And only that. But she also knew that the guy asking her out, had romantic feelings and intentions (I mean he tried to kiss her). And that is why I can't excuse this. Risa def screwed up. And I actually think she emotionally cheated on Otani. Especially since she had been in several positions with this guy while staring into his eyes like a deer in the headlights.

In real life, this is a situation where she should have told Otani about the concert and really wanting to go. I still think it would be a bad idea, given the person who has the tickets is someone that is in love with you and has tried to make a move in the past. But at least talking about with your partner is a first step.

I know, this is a romance anime. So all realism aside, I do still feel she was emotionally sort of cheating on him.
Jul 21, 2016 3:30 AM

Apr 2016
I can't put up Risa anymore, she made a mistake going to the concert with that boy and she doesn't even support Otani that much with his studies.

I'm sure they will eventually come back together but at least Risa will learn the lesson.
Aug 26, 2016 1:06 PM

Oct 2013
Ah man. Risa darn goofed
Oct 4, 2016 12:47 PM

Apr 2014
Can't believe what just happened.
Risa...That was so stupid... Didn't make sense that she would act like that. She didn't even tell him about the concert..?
Oct 31, 2016 8:19 PM

May 2015
baka risa. cant blame otani here

we all know how this is gonna end up tho, c'mon this a romcom lol
Mar 10, 2017 11:52 PM

Jan 2016
Yes, so everyone agrees that the new kid is cute af. However, this mistake really bit her in the ass....I could imagine how much Otani is hurting from that...it's the wrong idea, I get it, I don't see any reason why she shouldn't go to a concert with the new guy, but...could she not have studied together with Otani instead? Or done something? I know how much it hurts feeling others drift away from you when you're just engulfed in so much work....

Alright let's all be serious for a minute.

Umibouzu is the glue that holds everyone together.
Oct 2, 2017 12:42 PM

Jan 2017
So, what the hell was she thinking!? Clearly she ought to tell him, at least, that she was going to the concert with that kid.

To me, it wasn't necessarily a mistake the fact of going to the concert, but rather not telling him previously. They should have discussed it normally, and if they fon't agree that's one thing, but going without him knowing after what happened the day before!?

Wtf.
SEIZON SENRYAKU: Hungry 100% of the time.
Vzla-IT

Jan 11, 2018 2:48 AM
Jun 2014
BasaraTheSlayer said:
WTF why is everyone mad at Otani??? Seriously she gets kissed by another guy then goes out with him and what hes not suppose to be mad? I would have dumped her too, also that guys voice was annoying as hell sounds like a 12 year old

Really?! People don't understand why he broke up? It's not JUST a concert.. That's completely besides the point. It's a break of trust, seeing what had happened between them before. To emphasise this, she was agonizing about whether to go or not, but ultimately chose wrong.

One day i'd love to see a "perfect" guy in a shoujo anime where in the end of the series he starts flirting around, i bet the girls who doesn't "understand" this problem would get their panties in a twist real quick then.
Mar 1, 2018 4:22 PM

Apr 2008
Don't be like that emo kid, that was really creepy.
Never try and kiss a girl who is sleeping like that, creepy AF.
Unless it's some fetish play :P

Also, I get why Otani broke up with her.
But still, she didn't cheat, for her, she was just going to a concert with a friend.
She didn't know he was in love with her.
Guys and girls can be friends.

Dec 27, 2018 5:44 PM
Apr 2016
I don't understand is the writer stupid or what... This is actually stupid and absurd. You don't make something as major as this in such a small amount of time, literally in 1 episode make something like this happen?! Disappointing, just forcing drama...
Jan 12, 2019 1:15 PM
Jan 2019
His last gf dumping him for some other guy also may have contributed to his anger.
Feb 7, 2019 8:06 PM

Jul 2014
Why do guys in shoujo romance manga and anime always try to kiss girls when they are sleeping?
Apr 15, 2019 4:14 PM

Jun 2017
honestly,i felt bad for all of them,and they were all in the wrong. the kid was in the wrong the most though,followed by risa,followed by otani.

hopefully they get back together next episode :'(
Jan 9, 2020 11:23 AM

Feb 2017
I guess it's Risa's turn to be a fucking idiot now
𝘼 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙡 𝙙𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙡𝙨 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙣 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙙 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙖 𝙨𝙤𝙪𝙣𝙙 𝙗𝙤𝙙𝙮
Jun 29, 2020 1:35 PM

Jul 2016
Basically: "Ey, we don't know what to do with these last episodes' slots so we are throwing new characters left and right as drama devices so that we can fill the time length with some lame melodrama that teenagers will surely love" - The Anime

By the way, for those people saying Ootani was exaggerating... nice double standards you have there, uh?
SouthRzVaJun 29, 2020 1:39 PM
Sep 14, 2020 6:45 AM

Mar 2012
One thing that always annoys me about romance is how you are completely forbidden to be with anyone of the opposite gender, Risa's jealousy over the basketball manager annoyed me before now it's Otani.
Jun 3, 2021 4:21 PM

Jan 2021
can't believe Otani broke up with her.
Jul 6, 2021 3:55 AM

Apr 2021
Aaaaa ;-;"" this was comlpletely kind of her fault T^T I know this is some random compressed event to just end the anime in 24episodes (plus a balance to the previous neighbor girl problem), but everything is unsettlingly out of timing. still like it tho
606cypherineJul 6, 2021 4:03 AM
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Jul 12, 2021 7:03 AM
Mar 2016
Great and emotional episode.

The thing I need to discuss is obviously the breakup. Otani is definitely in the right here, and if you have read other comments you would think I'm wrong, except allow me to change your opinion.

Otani was walking over to Koyomi's work, not only in a rainstorm but also late at night. The first thing he sees is from the angle he was standing at is his girlfriend kissing some random guy he does know. The kiss (again from Otani's angle) lasted for more than a few seconds, he also saw Koyomi's eyes open, and she never pushed him off of herself.

A couple of days after, he sees her at 6:30 in the morning, walking to her house, and over hears that guy about to confess her feelings to her. So not only does he now know that guy was about to kiss her, or maybe even thinks he did, he questions if his own girlfriend likes him. Another thing he discovers is that they went together, were not told about it, and Koyomi was not happy to see Otani. She panics and gave a cryptic answer to him when he asked what is going on.

I hope that after reading all of my explanations as to why Otani had enough reason to end the relationship, you begin to agree with me.
Aug 10, 2021 4:41 PM

May 2017
Lost_Hearts said:
Great and emotional episode.

The thing I need to discuss is obviously the breakup. Otani is definitely in the right here, and if you have read other comments you would think I'm wrong, except allow me to change your opinion.

Otani was walking over to Koyomi's work, not only in a rainstorm but also late at night. The first thing he sees is from the angle he was standing at is his girlfriend kissing some random guy he does know. The kiss (again from Otani's angle) lasted for more than a few seconds, he also saw Koyomi's eyes open, and she never pushed him off of herself.

A couple of days after, he sees her at 6:30 in the morning, walking to her house, and over hears that guy about to confess her feelings to her. So not only does he now know that guy was about to kiss her, or maybe even thinks he did, he questions if his own girlfriend likes him. Another thing he discovers is that they went together, were not told about it, and Koyomi was not happy to see Otani. She panics and gave a cryptic answer to him when he asked what is going on.

I hope that after reading all of my explanations as to why Otani had enough reason to end the relationship, you begin to agree with me.
Finally a logical person. Pretty detailed explanation of otani's viewpoint. It is as if nobody wants to consider that.
Aug 10, 2021 4:44 PM

May 2017
SouthRzVa said:
Basically: "Ey, we don't know what to do with these last episodes' slots so we are throwing new characters left and right as drama devices so that we can fill the time length with some lame melodrama that teenagers will surely love" - The Anime

By the way, for those people saying Ootani was exaggerating... nice double standards you have there, uh?
Bruh if MAL had an option to like a comment, I would have liked yours. Can't believe the hypocrisy. And you are on point with the pointless drama too.
Dec 11, 2021 7:51 PM
Dec 2017
what on earth just happened

May 10, 2022 10:38 PM
Jun 2016
What a stressful episode, lol.
Sep 21, 2022 2:11 AM
Nov 2015
I wish the show was about the naoki chi and his girlfriend instead. Instead of this bullshit drama. She just cheated on him even if she wants to act dumb. Going to a concert with a man you know tried to kiss and likes you while your boyfriend studies.
Mar 22, 2023 7:00 AM

Jun 2021
Not exactly a great episode, and made even worse by how late into the game it happened. It would be a shame to fall into pieces right now considering how wholesome and entertaining this show has always been up until this point. Umibozu for once separated people even if it isn't his actual fault of course. Two more episodes to fix this situation, even if it will probably happen.
Aug 11, 2023 1:51 PM

Nov 2010
Very exciting development near the end of this show. Kazuki is the kind of rival I have been asking for since episode 12. It's too bad he came in too late but still in time to make things interesting. I've never seen this kind of development happen near the end of a romance show before. These are just the final bumps to strengthen their relationship further.

I love those scenes of Ootani going mad with jealousy at what's happening. It's about time he experienced what Risa did earlier in the show. However, It's too bad Risa is the one that will still do the chasing.
Sep 6, 2023 4:53 PM

May 2015
The first 10 episodes were super cute, then the next 10 were getting tiresome like the author didn't know what to do with the characters anymore.
This episode felt like nothing was left of the two main characters we were introduced to :[ overall disappointing, and Ootani acting macho is making it hard to root for these two. Doesn't feel like his character even cares about anything anymore, literally as if he was toying with Koizumi (who has become spineless suddenly.) for the sake of making her hurt.

I feel like I should've stopped watching after she confessed to him
Oct 19, 2023 1:31 AM

Jan 2021
Cant blame Otani Risa dumb asf for doing that shii
Jan 22, 8:32 AM

Aug 2021
I really wasn't expecting drama like this from this show. This is completely Risa's fault, going on a concert with a different guy is the dumbest shit person can do, I'm not surprised Otani broke up with her.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

icerydragon - Jun 3, 2007

61 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Enn - Jun 1, 2007

98 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - May 24, 2007

82 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 16, 2007

63 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - May 9, 2007

99 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 12:16 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.