Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Feb 7, 2019 8:06 PM

Jul 2014
Why do guys in shoujo romance manga and anime always try to kiss girls when they are sleeping?
Apr 15, 2019 4:14 PM

Jun 2017
honestly,i felt bad for all of them,and they were all in the wrong. the kid was in the wrong the most though,followed by risa,followed by otani.

hopefully they get back together next episode :'(
Jan 9, 2020 11:23 AM

Feb 2017
I guess it's Risa's turn to be a fucking idiot now
๐˜ผ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ก ๐™™๐™ฌ๐™š๐™ก๐™ก๐™จ ๐™ฌ๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™–๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™– ๐™จ๐™ค๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™™ ๐™—๐™ค๐™™๐™ฎ
Jun 29, 2020 1:35 PM

Jul 2016
Basically: "Ey, we don't know what to do with these last episodes' slots so we are throwing new characters left and right as drama devices so that we can fill the time length with some lame melodrama that teenagers will surely love" - The Anime

By the way, for those people saying Ootani was exaggerating... nice double standards you have there, uh?
SouthRzVaJun 29, 2020 1:39 PM
Sep 14, 2020 6:45 AM

Mar 2012
One thing that always annoys me about romance is how you are completely forbidden to be with anyone of the opposite gender, Risa's jealousy over the basketball manager annoyed me before now it's Otani.
Jun 3, 2021 4:21 PM

Jan 2021
can't believe Otani broke up with her.
Jul 6, 2021 3:55 AM

Apr 2021
Aaaaa ;-;"" this was comlpletely kind of her fault T^T I know this is some random compressed event to just end the anime in 24episodes (plus a balance to the previous neighbor girl problem), but everything is unsettlingly out of timing. still like it tho
606cypherineJul 6, 2021 4:03 AM
“I am the Dark Flame Master. Perish, enveloped in the flames of darkness!”
Jul 12, 2021 7:03 AM
Mar 2016
Great and emotional episode.

The thing I need to discuss is obviously the breakup. Otani is definitely in the right here, and if you have read other comments you would think I'm wrong, except allow me to change your opinion.

Otani was walking over to Koyomi's work, not only in a rainstorm but also late at night. The first thing he sees is from the angle he was standing at is his girlfriend kissing some random guy he does know. The kiss (again from Otani's angle) lasted for more than a few seconds, he also saw Koyomi's eyes open, and she never pushed him off of herself.

A couple of days after, he sees her at 6:30 in the morning, walking to her house, and over hears that guy about to confess her feelings to her. So not only does he now know that guy was about to kiss her, or maybe even thinks he did, he questions if his own girlfriend likes him. Another thing he discovers is that they went together, were not told about it, and Koyomi was not happy to see Otani. She panics and gave a cryptic answer to him when he asked what is going on.

I hope that after reading all of my explanations as to why Otani had enough reason to end the relationship, you begin to agree with me.
Aug 10, 2021 4:41 PM

May 2017
Lost_Hearts said:
Great and emotional episode.

The thing I need to discuss is obviously the breakup. Otani is definitely in the right here, and if you have read other comments you would think I'm wrong, except allow me to change your opinion.

Otani was walking over to Koyomi's work, not only in a rainstorm but also late at night. The first thing he sees is from the angle he was standing at is his girlfriend kissing some random guy he does know. The kiss (again from Otani's angle) lasted for more than a few seconds, he also saw Koyomi's eyes open, and she never pushed him off of herself.

A couple of days after, he sees her at 6:30 in the morning, walking to her house, and over hears that guy about to confess her feelings to her. So not only does he now know that guy was about to kiss her, or maybe even thinks he did, he questions if his own girlfriend likes him. Another thing he discovers is that they went together, were not told about it, and Koyomi was not happy to see Otani. She panics and gave a cryptic answer to him when he asked what is going on.

I hope that after reading all of my explanations as to why Otani had enough reason to end the relationship, you begin to agree with me.
Finally a logical person. Pretty detailed explanation of otani's viewpoint. It is as if nobody wants to consider that.
Aug 10, 2021 4:44 PM

May 2017
SouthRzVa said:
Basically: "Ey, we don't know what to do with these last episodes' slots so we are throwing new characters left and right as drama devices so that we can fill the time length with some lame melodrama that teenagers will surely love" - The Anime

By the way, for those people saying Ootani was exaggerating... nice double standards you have there, uh?
Bruh if MAL had an option to like a comment, I would have liked yours. Can't believe the hypocrisy. And you are on point with the pointless drama too.
Dec 11, 2021 7:51 PM
Dec 2017
what on earth just happened

May 10, 2022 10:38 PM
Jun 2016
What a stressful episode, lol.
Sep 21, 2022 2:11 AM
Nov 2015
I wish the show was about the naoki chi and his girlfriend instead. Instead of this bullshit drama. She just cheated on him even if she wants to act dumb. Going to a concert with a man you know tried to kiss and likes you while your boyfriend studies.
Mar 22, 2023 7:00 AM

Jun 2021
Not exactly a great episode, and made even worse by how late into the game it happened. It would be a shame to fall into pieces right now considering how wholesome and entertaining this show has always been up until this point. Umibozu for once separated people even if it isn't his actual fault of course. Two more episodes to fix this situation, even if it will probably happen.
Aug 11, 2023 1:51 PM

Nov 2010
Very exciting development near the end of this show. Kazuki is the kind of rival I have been asking for since episode 12. It's too bad he came in too late but still in time to make things interesting. I've never seen this kind of development happen near the end of a romance show before. These are just the final bumps to strengthen their relationship further.

I love those scenes of Ootani going mad with jealousy at what's happening. It's about time he experienced what Risa did earlier in the show. However, It's too bad Risa is the one that will still do the chasing.
Sep 6, 2023 4:53 PM

May 2015
The first 10 episodes were super cute, then the next 10 were getting tiresome like the author didn't know what to do with the characters anymore.
This episode felt like nothing was left of the two main characters we were introduced to :[ overall disappointing, and Ootani acting macho is making it hard to root for these two. Doesn't feel like his character even cares about anything anymore, literally as if he was toying with Koizumi (who has become spineless suddenly.) for the sake of making her hurt.

I feel like I should've stopped watching after she confessed to him
Oct 19, 2023 1:31 AM

Jan 2021
Cant blame Otani Risa dumb asf for doing that shii
Jan 22, 8:32 AM

Aug 2021
I really wasn't expecting drama like this from this show. This is completely Risa's fault, going on a concert with a different guy is the dumbest shit person can do, I'm not surprised Otani broke up with her.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 9 Discussion ( 1 2 )

icerydragon - Jun 3, 2007

61 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 3:15 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 8 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Enn - Jun 1, 2007

98 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 2:50 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - May 24, 2007

82 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 1:10 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

tainteddonut - May 16, 2007

63 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 12:44 PM

Poll: » Lovely Complex Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Kayrhandros - May 9, 2007

99 by JoestarEISH_020 »»
Apr 7, 12:16 PM
Itโ€™s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.