Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]
Oct 29, 2012 7:58 PM
Oct 2012
I knew Koko had a lot of crazy in her, just waiting to be released... didn't expect her to send a freaking B-52 though! If Jonah ever dies, I can only imagine what would happen.
Oct 30, 2012 5:55 AM

Jan 2009
rishardew said:
Wow, she got pretty mad. Koko seems a bit different than last season, a bit more emotive..

well R told her to show some emotion and she was holding it for a while so ... xD
Oct 31, 2012 12:41 AM

Nov 2010
Poor R, died like a Hero unlike James Bond
They way he saved Jonah and Koko was really cool

Koko's Revenge was really overpowered with those B52's
Oct 31, 2012 3:26 AM

Feb 2010
i was rather speechless in this episode. full of mixed feelings
"never regret anything, because at one point it was exactly what you wanted"
Oct 31, 2012 4:02 AM

Sep 2012
Adieu R !
That was a good sacrifice. No need for him to take 15 bullets and stand at the end. Just one shot. Enough.
Oct 31, 2012 4:56 PM

Feb 2012
Holy shit, R died, Hex, died, Koko was shaken and got pissed, Bookman danced, did all this really happen?!

I'm so sad that Hex died, I thought she would be the villain throughout the rest of Jormungand but now she is gone, RIP and R, too.
Nov 7, 2012 1:14 AM

Jul 2008
The first death on the team. You did right in the end R, but its sad to see you go. But don't worry. Koko gave Valmet an epic boob grope on your behalf.

And also if a head shot won't work, call in a B-52 bombing raid to finish the job. Don't piss off the dragon, lesson learned.

I wonder if we'll get another team member.
Nov 7, 2012 2:50 AM

Jan 2008
This episode so far the best that I've seen in this series. I'm gonna miss R. He's one of my fav in Koko's men.
Nov 13, 2012 3:03 PM

Feb 2009
Nooooooo!! R died, fuck I really like the character a lot and gonna miss him... RIP R

WOW an amazing and unforgettable episode it was. That's why this is one of the top 3 series i'm watching right now of the season, next to Magi and Zetsuen no Tempest. What an epic way to send Hex to the other side. Can't wait to see what's up ahead.
Nov 14, 2012 9:31 AM

Oct 2009
This is weird show, they introduce characters with great potential and kill them off so fast, i love it! XD

R T_T R.I.P

man the B-52 scene with that bg music was so dam intense!
Nov 27, 2012 1:34 AM

Jun 2008
Goodby R and goodby Hex. Damn Koko doesn't fuck around when she decides to kill someone. She bombed the shit out of a whole mountain.

Tyrel said:

Bookman dancing at the end; OH MY GOD, so fucking hilarious.

obligatory gif

Kerozinn said:
Hex survives the same shot. bullshit!

But it wasn't the same shot. His bullet hit the scope. It could very well be that her injury wasn't from the bullet itself at all but simply by the scope smashing in-frond of her eye.

NightMareX1 said:
Jormungand: Perfect Order is so much better than the other season that... well, I'm almost speechless.

I mean: this time people really die, this time there really is a plot, this time we have many interesting characters, this time we do not relly only on Koko's charisma.

Yeah, that is a hell of a season.

Indeed this season seems a lot better. Lets see if it can keep it up.
MonadNov 27, 2012 3:32 AM
Dec 4, 2012 7:19 PM
Jul 2018
That's how you know someone is pissed when they bomb you with a B-52.
Dec 25, 2012 9:20 AM

Aug 2008
Awww, I liked R (especially because of his voice actor)! :'(
Jormungand 2 is really better than season 1!
Jan 18, 2013 10:37 PM

Sep 2011
Amazing episode! New ED is so good too! *-*
Jan 24, 2013 4:22 AM

Jan 2012
not sure how hex managed to survive the shot, maybe the bullet went through her lens first? there was glass shattered... and there wasn't when R got hit... either way doesn't really matter because Koko just came with her B52 anyway... she is a scary woman when crossed D:

R.I.P.... R! But glad there was a bit more action this episode, just wish it wasn't at the expense of R :(
Apr 17, 2013 1:36 PM

Jan 2013
Hex used a gun with a scope, the bullet hit the scope and Hex was injured from the "exploding" scope. R didn't have a scope, he got hit right in the eye.
And the clearest views of in the preview are:

To me she looks like Mildo, except for the eye colour :)
Ep. was good, loved it.

Edit: Wait Hex has green eyes, the heck I have to watch the next episode, I hope it's not Hex.
Apr 28, 2013 11:58 AM
Jul 2012
Damn very intense action!
Damn 3 episodes already,R dies. Shit I wish he will stay alive just a little longer. R.I.P
Wow Koko is very crazy. Sending bombs to Hex's group. Hex is my favorite character.
Next episode more Kasper cool.
That dance by bookman lol.
5/5 my favorite episode
Apr 28, 2013 12:00 PM
Jul 2012
reiko_ said:
BULLDOG266 said:
Quick Question, why the crap are there so many look a likes?

I don't think it's one of those since they have brown eyes and the one in the preview has green eyes. ._.

That's what I was wondering. Both of them died so maybe they won't come. The characters are confusing.
Apr 28, 2013 12:04 PM
Jul 2012
Stark700 said:
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.

She looks like she hulk lol!
May 26, 2013 7:31 AM
Aug 2012
koko sure doesnt mess around when she wants someone dead forget assasination just carpet bomb the hole rock they crawled under hex didnt even have time to shoot her self kaboom! i wonder wat they injected jonah with was it paralysing or lethal posion? either way tht was a kl episode i never thought jonah was her shackles but i have a feeling that all of the people in her team are her shackles not just jonah
Jun 22, 2013 6:18 PM
Feb 2009
rip..
Jul 13, 2013 10:02 AM

Aug 2008
People need to learn to stay out of Koko's way. She doesn't mess around.
Oct 3, 2013 10:26 AM

Nov 2007
R >.<
You broke Koko's wall. With your final moments though.
Ugh.
its perfectly clear that he values Koko's group more. Sad.

Koko's namida. Ugh.
Nov 15, 2013 1:57 AM
Mar 2013
I lost count of the number of times I said "holy SHIT" out loud. Especially when the bomber made its appearance.

Bookman talking to the ghosts of his agents... for some reason, that scene got to me.

The preview for the next episode made me anxious.
Dec 4, 2013 3:55 PM

Nov 2009
Wow . . . They got killed off quickly, I really didn't expect Hex to die any time soon, too be honest I didn't expect her to show her face any time soon . . . Wonder if their will be new, crazy enemies.
Jan 11, 2014 7:01 PM

Dec 2012
RIP R. You were a pretty cool dude. Koko should never be trifled with that's for sure:)
Jan 17, 2014 7:58 PM

Jul 2013
damn I judged R too quick.. I didn't know he can be an awesome dude... RIP man.
Jan 29, 2014 1:05 AM
Feb 2008
Killing her off so quickly seems like a waste since they went out of their way to build her up as some sort of black ops demon. And R should've got more screentime in the earlier series if him being a spy and subsequent death were such big plot points. Would've been more emotional.
Feb 24, 2014 4:12 PM
Feb 2014
Intense for the third episode of the second season. Koko almost didn't make it :0. It was kinda sad, and humbling, to see R die like that. He was a traitor though, and all traitors die eventually.

As for Hex...I have a strange gut feeling that she's not really dead. I mean obviously a B52 dumped its payload on her position, but NVA and Viet Cong have survived carpet bombings in Vietnam, so who's to say she couldn't as well? As with all animes with ambiguous fates like the one she had, the pistol to her head and fiery curtain are both pure implications, nothing more. Besides, if Hex survived two previous engagements with Koko's squad before; what else can she live through?

If she did survive, though, her buddies probably did the smart thing and dragged her ass into the cave, but from the impressive destruction of the mountainside, the inside probably collapsed or caved in. If that happened, those two other guys probably died, and if hex were lucky, she may have only lost a body part or left behind some kind of DNA that would lead the CIA operatives to assume that she was KIA. Assuming that all of this is true, Hex likely lives somewhere in hiding or is being sheltered by a third party that supported her. Hell, maybe in some expanded universe, she would be tracked down and reinstated to hunt and kill Koko again after Jormungand was activated. No matter what anyone else says, this is what I believe.
Apr 23, 2014 7:00 PM
Jul 2018
That was a very sad episode :(
Nov 2, 2014 3:16 PM

Jan 2014
I really liked the pace of this arc, and how they made Saw such a straight up good guy, saving R's informant's family first and later siding with R/Jonah against pure operational wisdom.

Kerozinn said:
R dies and Hex survives the same shot. bullshit!

3/5
InfiniteDestiny said:
i still don't get how Hex survived what seemed like the same shot....

The round R fired hit Hex's optics first, so even if the round did injure her (and not some secondary shrapnel from the demolished optics), it will have lost some significant velocity.

Secondly, they were both firing 5.56. Size/weight/kinetics debates aside, the fact stands that it's a rather unpredictable round. There's no telling what it will do (or in this case NOT do), especially if it has hit something else first.
"I'm a middle schooler bartender!"
- Mishima Hitomi
Nov 26, 2014 8:48 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode.

R.I.P R.

Hex got what she deserved. She shouldn't have ever messed with Koko.
Jan 13, 2015 1:06 AM
Jun 2013
ahh so thats why jona is kept around and why shes so touchy feely with him. He limits her from going all out. Dam jona shot the crap out of that guy. Also seems like hex is kinda off with her whole stop terroriest mind frame. She just shot a bunch of cops that sorta puts you on the bad side. man koko got mind rapped this episode. Kinda figured she couldint take any of her teammates possible dieing. Hey hex you screwed the pooch of course bookman was going to screw you back. How the F hex lived and R died. They both were shot the same way. Huray boob groping.HOLY SHIT when koko gets mad she gets mad. That was overkill. good episode sad to see one of the crew dead and espcially the one that took the place of the former dead crew member.
Mar 16, 2015 4:55 AM

Feb 2015
Man, this was a good episode... I really thought Hex was killed when R hit her but nothing surprises me anymore.

I see Koko doesnt waste any time getting rid of someone, serves the Hex lady right, didnt like her from the start... still, bombs just to kill 1 person is a bit OTT.

R... well, he's the only person in the team I never really noticed him until the start of this season lol. Too bad for him.
Jun 30, 2015 10:34 PM
Aug 2014
Left hand and right hands fight huh.

"Merry early Christmas b*tch" - B52
Sep 4, 2015 7:49 AM

May 2012
Damn that was quite sad actually, especially the ending! Quite an intense episode though so let's see what will happen next without R!
Dec 19, 2015 4:01 PM

Jan 2012
R was a good guy.

Mar 13, 2016 7:57 PM

Feb 2015
ultimateninjax said:
Mess with Koko

and you aren't just going to get Killed, you are gonna get OVERKILLED

LOL

Yumekichi11 said:

It has a deep meaning. For me it’s a innocence and view soiled by betrayal and one’s own blood dripping down in a chaotic situation from the one and only trusted the most.

any love over a slap of land and deeming it some kind of God over all land is beyond moronic. besides it doesn't boil down to that. she's literally insane. she expected far too much from her country. that's where being patriotic and brainwashed gets you.

I could not care less for R but I did for Koko’s tear. That’s all.

screw you then!

BEST EPISODE! So far in S2.

you mean in the series.

DmonHiro said:
Kerozinn said:
R dies and Hex survives the same shot. bullshit!

3/5

R was shot in the eye.
Hex was shot in the sniper scope. The only reason she lived was because of the gun she was using.

lol, as if that matters.

when he danced he cracked me up! so didn't expect that from him.

OriginANIME said:
Amazing episode! New ED is so good too! *-*

yes that was quite good. much better than the usual.

AllenVonStein said:
R was a good guy.

that was said so perfectly. he really was.
------
so koko deliberately set herself up with jonah. that old cunning girl.

ok, so a big character to the crew actualy gets killed. i guess valmet has too strong of a main character shield for it to break :P (i actually though jonah would bite it for how dangerous of a situation he was in though.)

i had a feeling he would die, but i still wanted the opposite....

oh and as for koko, i didn't expect her to feel bad. after all she did have a traitor. how she looked on the bench quite surprised me. what she did with those bombs to her was just too cold.

if hex comes back i will need a VERY big explanation on how she survived that. i very much doubt that, though.

i'm having big vibes that the bookman is crazy (btw it was really feelsy when he said "but please do not call me saw."), since he was talking to r and hex like they were real.

this was like a whole arc in an episode, but it didn't feel short at all! very good direction. 10/10.
TomDayMar 13, 2016 8:01 PM
Apr 29, 2016 3:39 PM
Dec 2014
It's only the third episode in and someone from the team has already died. This sucks. RIP R you were pretty great. I'm glad you died protecting Koko in the end rather than dying a traitor. Sad he died but I guess he had it coming playing two sides... This season seems a lot heavier than the last one already.
Felt mixed feelings about Hex as a character. I mean don't get me wrong I was rooting for her death since she killed R but as the same time you get the feeling at the end there that she's actually a good person who's just been seriously wronged by her country...Oh well.
I like the way the plot's going but what ever happens I'll love Koko. She's absolutely psycho but that's why we love her. <3

Oh and also,

Yumekichi11 said:

I could not care less for R but I did for Koko’s tear. That’s all.

^^ This is cold. Real cold ahaha. R was a good guy. And he was loyal when it came down to it. He wouldn't let them kill Johar as soon as he heard and died for his friends. I think it's a bit harsh to say you don't care at all for his death. If you feel something for Koko then you should feel sorry for R as well. I least that's my opinion aha.
ExoticPineappleApr 29, 2016 3:56 PM
Sep 8, 2016 4:44 PM
Apr 2015
Nothing tells about the contempt better than a carpet bombing performed by a B52 Stratofortress sent just for you.
Nov 19, 2016 2:37 PM

Nov 2013
Hex's henchmen clearly underestimated Jonah and payed the price for it.

The final confrontation between Hex and R was intense. I feel sorry for R, he was a great guy and did the right thing in the end.

Hex wondered, why she meets the same fate as the ones, that she hunted down. Because you are the same, bitch.

They had to learn the hard way, what it means to enrage Koko, even after R warned them.

Bookman seems to have lost it.
You're a louse, Roger Smith. - R. Dorothy Wayneright
This is my fight! No Senpai, this is our fight! - Kojou Akatsuki & Yukina Himeragi
Jan 1, 2017 7:28 PM

Jan 2013
R.I.P R.

I loved the ending <3
Nagi Yanagi never fails to amaze me.
Jan 30, 2017 7:57 PM

Dec 2015
Koko blasted the hell out of that bitch.
"At some point, I stopped hoping."
Mar 25, 2017 2:33 AM
Mar 2012
Koko loco meter went B52 epic.
rip R, spy with a good heart. rip Hex, had similar backstory to Valmet, both her teams died by Koko, & crazy patriot 'i am justice'.
Saw dance meme worthy
Koko's unknown plan & monster theme quite interesting to await.
New Nagi ed so nice.
Jun 23, 2017 11:52 PM

Jul 2009
Wow, this episode was so good. Great fight with R helping out Koko and Jonah after all. Too bad he dies :( Didn't manage to kill Hex, but Koko sure took care of that ... the bomb scene was hella awesome XD Sobering moment with everyone taking in R's death though T_T Especially when Koko wanted him to stay even after finding out he's a spy ... she's just lonely :( So many references to her smiling nature and her hiding her "monster". Meanwhile Bookman is just even more excited to try and control Koko even after losing his two top agents ... oh boy, him talking to the ghosts was weird lol. Anyway new ED this episode, in the style of the first season. Though I like that better, this one is quite nice too!
Feb 25, 2018 7:45 AM

Dec 2016
Hex got shot in the same spot as R yet she survived in spite of that. Plot shield was too stronk.

And calling in carpet bombing to erase a single person...Quite an overkill.
Mar 30, 2018 4:47 PM
Dec 2017
HEX NOooo!!! They killed her off too quickly. Such a good character, she was just trying to protect her country. Hex had the drop on R, why didn't she tell her 2 sniper teams to fire on R and Jonah. I mean I'm glad she didn't tell the snipers to fire (for Jonah's sake), but she had the drop on them. The plot moves so quickly in this anime. So fast pace.
Jun 15, 2019 5:40 PM
Nov 2018
Wow they did have the balls.

Wish we had this backstory for R earlier so e could care about him longer.

Good stuff though, sucked R but it.
Aug 11, 2020 11:33 AM

May 2020
Rip R. It's hard to choose where your way todo. Koko lost R and Bookman lost both rip. What a diplomatic story. Nice episode.
Dec 3, 2020 2:22 AM

Jul 2017
Best episode of the Jormungand franchise so far, and boy was it such an action-packed one.

The fight that went down with Hex and R was great. It was quick but bloody and ruthless, and both ended up defeated in the end - one losing her eye, one losing his life. R did work as a spy with Bookman and hid his truth from Koko and the rest of the crew but him trying to protect Koko and Jonah before his death was honorable, even if it was with the intentions of not making Koko lose her sanity if she lost Jonah, the one Hex was really targeting in this particular battle. The little segment with Koko having a bottle ready for R who was buried and shedding a tear for him was a nice touch for the bond they had together being in the same crew - like family in a way.

Koko was saddened by the loss of her crewmate R, but that doesn't mean she can't be ruthless and cold-blooded at the same time by keeping track of Hex and the two men who survived's location and absolutely carpet bombing the fuck out of that area, with Hex taking her own life too during that incident. She really went LOCO that time, that's what they got for messing with her and her crew that much. The sinister smile when Bookman was asking about whether or not she bombed the place gave chills.

The ending song was new for this episode, for the death of R, and I liked it a lot. Felt fitting with the outcome and I like listening to it as a whole, although it felt a bit odd seeing it with the same ED visuals as the regular one.

Overall, a great episode that had the crew really shaken up for the first time in the show with the loss of R and the chaotic nature of what could be arising with Koko if she gets got like that again. This time she was also calmed down by groping Valmet's boobs (in honor of R ;D ) but who knows if that can work next time lol.
Pages (3) « 1 2 [3]

More topics from this board

Poll: » Jormungand: Perfect Order Episode 10 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 11, 2012

174 by pburner2 »»
Apr 5, 9:31 AM

» I have another reason why Koko may do what she does.

Inudrew - Jan 8

0 by Inudrew »»
Jan 8, 11:30 PM

» Such a bad ending!

Error_inscript - Apr 5, 2018

7 by Inudrew »»
Jan 8, 2:15 AM

Poll: » Jormungand: Perfect Order Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Dec 18, 2012

67 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 15, 2023 2:49 PM

Poll: » Jormungand: Perfect Order Episode 6 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 13, 2012

69 by kirA_-_ »»
Nov 14, 2023 2:43 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.