Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »
Oct 20, 2012 12:05 PM

Nov 2011
THIS IS AN ANIME ONLY DISCUSSION POST. DO NOT DISCUSS THE MANGA BEYOND THIS EPISODE.
----------------------------------------

Some nice fight scenes in the beginning there. I lol'd @ the school scene where Sakura is once again being misunderstood. Ha, those curious girls and jealous guys.

Oh God, this girl. THIS GIRL.

Overall, a violent episode imo with Oogami being a badass once again especially when he was owning those cops.

Oct 20, 2012 1:51 PM
Jul 2010
The Good:

The Bad:

The Ugly: Holy the animation/drawing was BAAAAD in this episode especially compared to what we saw in episode 2. I would even say that the animation was better in the first episode than it was in this one!! They couldn't even keep the character heights right in this one.

Image -->

Text/Info spoiler -->

YavieOct 20, 2012 2:43 PM
Oct 20, 2012 7:10 PM

Nov 2007
So that sempai's eyes being different colors resembled SuzuKen's character, who is another code breaker who uses sand.
I Two Syaorans from Tsubasa RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE and TRC!!!
Oct 20, 2012 9:41 PM
Apr 2012
...Faster than I thought...but well, what to expect... ._."

My hard feeling had kinda gone already. I mean, I no longer want to look at it with biased eyes anymore, since tbh, if it wasn't because I'm comparing it to the manga, CB is definitely my favorite anime of this season, since I think the art is still OK...in comparison with other animes that I watched this season. Not to mention, everything around Yuuki is bound to be off to begin with anyway. At least it's good that the anime shows that Ogami isn't the only one who wants Hitomi's head. >.>"

Anyway, the new episode. Finally the first episode I think I can rewatch over and over. I know they change stuff at the Ogami vs that yakuza scene (I like the manga one more. It addresses the thing with justice and stuff much better, not to mention, it's more dramatic. I like how Ogami burned the polices as they barged in more than when the polices are already there and portray as evil to begin with. Not to mention, Sakura didn't even notice Ogami's wounds in the anime). Toki stealing Ogami scene with his jump, sending that car flying up and crush it on the air is cool as well. And...finally, Suzu~ X3

ENTER THE SMARTEST PUPPY~! At least he kept his role well as the one who always comfort anyone whenever he thinks people feel down~ XD But they cut out the comedic scene... ._." (I mean, in the manga, Sakura was like "Alright, from now on, I'll call you "Puppy"" and Puppy would kick right at Sakura's face and run right to Ogami...just like his mom...>_<")

So, looks like they're really going to have each CB come out in each episode then. First being Ogami. Second is Yuuki. Third is Toki. I bet they'll introduce Heike in the next episode, and maybe Rui in the fifth or something (WAY TO GO, FIFTH!). *shrug*
Ju-da-suOct 20, 2012 9:47 PM
Oct 21, 2012 6:40 AM
Oct 2012
i'm not agree that the anime will be 13 episodes only , because it's has been mentionned on website of anime and even wikipedia , or anime network not yet.
And why it's would be ? the manga is much more avanced than the anime , and there are any other animes like naruto or bleach whre they added any fillers parts in the beguinning.
sO STOP IT , and wait
Oct 21, 2012 10:14 AM
Apr 2012
mermainds said:
i'm not agree that the anime will be 13 episodes only , because it's has been mentionned on website of anime and even wikipedia , or anime network not yet.
And why it's would be ? the manga is much more avanced than the anime , and there are any other animes like naruto or bleach whre they added any fillers parts in the beguinning.
sO STOP IT , and wait

Japanese TV guide said there will only be 13 episodes broadcasted on every Japanese television channels for CB, and that tends to be very accurate as well, so...yes, the anime WILL end at 13 episodes (rather, 12 episodes + 1 OVA). Whether you take that as an ending of the "series" or the ending of the "season" is up to you though (and I think most of CB fans think like that anyway. I mean, READ THE TOPIC CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLAINING! I'm talking about that other thread you posted in, btw. :S )

Your reason is full of flaws, btw. How the heck can you compare this to Naruto and Bleach anyway? Hell, you can't even compare CB to Fairy Tail, Gintama and Reborn, let alone the big three. Also, you think how far the manga is is the only thing that determines whether the anime will run for a long time? Sure, the manga has plenty of context for the anime to run for at least 100+ episodes...but tbh, I think CB anime staff suffers from something else much worse than that though, like financial problem.
Ju-da-suOct 21, 2012 10:19 AM
Oct 21, 2012 1:31 PM
Mar 2012
kind of sad how this anime turned out, it would have been interesting to see a long running anime since they are so rare lately
Oct 21, 2012 6:11 PM

Sep 2011
mermainds said:
sO STOP IT , and wait

Stopped reading after you had all these grammar errors. I felt like I was reading grade 2 english.
Oct 21, 2012 9:19 PM
Jul 2010
Ju-da-su said:
? Sure, the manga has plenty of context for the anime to run for at least 100+ episodes.
You're kidding right? Unless they fleshed out what happens between the fights, there isn't enough material even for 50 episodes.
Oct 21, 2012 10:05 PM

May 2011
Toki Appears!!

Can't wait for Ogami against Toki.
Oct 21, 2012 10:12 PM

Oct 2010
Man Sakura got be one of the most annoying bitches in anime period. I seriously cant tolerate her. I thought Remus from Guin Saga was annoying but he got nothing on Sakura. Im sick of her trying to put her ideals on people like she some saint.

I think from now on everytime Sakura opens her mouth im fast fowarding the episode.

I hope i like Toki and i hope he is cold like Ogami.
Oct 21, 2012 10:19 PM

Dec 2011
Hell yes. They finally introduced Yukihina, Nenene, and Toki!
Can't wait to see the shenanigans of Ogami and Toki.

And here it is, the start of the hugging Sakurakouji!
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 21, 2012 10:42 PM

Aug 2011
Don't know why but I like watching the duo of Sakurakouji and Ogami. Am I shipping them already? Although Sakurakouji is really shaping up to be the female Emiya Shirou.
Oct 21, 2012 11:06 PM

May 2011
I would say this is a good episode.
Oct 21, 2012 11:21 PM

Jul 2010
WHAT.Yukihina? Toki? what is going on.Im not disliking it, but again.I prefer events of manga much more.

4/5 but i dont know what to think about it.Confused.
Oct 21, 2012 11:27 PM
Sep 2012
Great episode. Cute Puppy. Excited about meeting Sakura's friends the other Code:Breakers. Still find Sakura's naivete annoying.

4/5
Oct 21, 2012 11:41 PM

Jul 2012
nice^^ however it got kind of annoying how she keeps going on about not killing them.. :\ And that guy from the beginning of the ep (who has a tattoo-ish-thing on his neck) I keep thinking he's Sakurakouji's dad.. o:
Cant wait for next ep(:
Oct 22, 2012 12:06 AM

Mar 2012
You going shopping. Fuck going shopping
Tiny pants goon, pink shirt and a chopper
Oct 22, 2012 12:43 AM

Mar 2011
Man what's these standarts in these days.Animation studios picking good manga and screwing him.
Oct 22, 2012 12:46 AM

Jan 2011
Oogami is a real badass while Sakura is just stupid.
It seems like we'll have a dog again in the show, but I still don't understand why they draw its eyes in such an ugly way.
I still think this could've been better.
I'm looking forward to more.
I almost never read discussions after I made my post, if you want to reply PM me or post on my profile page.
Oct 22, 2012 12:52 AM

Jan 2011
was really liking that quote until everyone and their mother was using it more then once lol

episode wasn't half bad
Oct 22, 2012 3:05 AM

Sep 2008
Oh no, it's different from manga, I better drop it...oh wait, I haven't read manga and everything so far has been really good.

But seriously, show has been good so far, no real problems, some unexplained things which still have a lot of time to get explained, it's only been 3 episodes. Keep on.
Oct 22, 2012 3:17 AM

Aug 2012

LOL.
And a good episode too.
Oct 22, 2012 4:05 AM
Mar 2012
Only 13 eps?! That's too short ^^
Will there be any romance? even a little tiny mini bit of romaaance?!! ^^ Still a nice anime show
Oct 22, 2012 4:05 AM

Nov 2011
bonifide said:
Man Sakura got be one of the most annoying bitches in anime period. I seriously cant tolerate her. I thought Remus from Guin Saga was annoying but he got nothing on Sakura. Im sick of her trying to put her ideals on people like she some saint.

I think from now on everytime Sakura opens her mouth im fast fowarding the episode.

Suddenly Akane from Psycho-Pass appears and drivers you even more crazy. Seriously i cant stand these "champion of justice" characters

PS.Almost forgot the awesome punch, cus Sakurakouji was nagging whole episode, again
OnbuuOct 22, 2012 12:20 PM
Oct 22, 2012 4:42 AM
Apr 2012
kairi07 said:
Only 13 eps?! That's too short ^^
Will there be any romance? even a little tiny mini bit of romaaance?!! ^^ Still a nice anime show

If you don't count the misunderstanding people have around Ogami and Sakura...probably not. Since real romance only starts after 100 something chapters in the manga...and since the anime cut out most of the comedic parts of the manga, even if they did get to that, I think they'll cut out most of the romances as well.
Oct 22, 2012 4:49 AM

Apr 2011
He actually punched her without any hesitation :D That was awesome moment! I dunno why I hate her so much, but I love his badass evil actions :D
Oct 22, 2012 5:31 AM

Mar 2012
If it makes you guys feel any better, if this anime follows the manga a little more closely, Sakura does become more tolerable as the series goes on. I'm not sure because I'm only up to like 70 in the manga but it seems like

Guys, the reason why Sakura is annoying right now is because she doesn't know who or what the Code:Breakers are. Once she finds out, she'll become a lot more tolerable.
Oct 22, 2012 6:07 AM
Apr 2012
Toucanbird said:
If it makes you guys feel any better, if this anime follows the manga a little more closely, Sakura does become more tolerable as the series goes on. I'm not sure because I'm only up to like 70 in the manga but it seems like

Guys, the reason why Sakura is annoying right now is because she doesn't know who or what the Code:Breakers are. Once she finds out, she'll become a lot more tolerable.

If you read up to around chapter 180, you'll know that she only makes thing for the worse. I mean, I still don't really understand myself

Oct 22, 2012 6:13 AM
Jul 2018
I agree with Oogami he's right there's no other way to deal with that kinds of people.
Sakura is starting to annoy me a bit,hope she canges a bit in the future.
Oct 22, 2012 6:58 AM

Apr 2011
I might be the only one, but still: I love this show!
Of course it can still change, but at this point, I would rate it 10/10. Episode 3 made me laugh, feel sad and hooked me as well the entire time.
I don't know the manga so I can't say if it's a good adoptation.
I hope every episode will be like this one - since it's only 13 episodes.
Oct 22, 2012 8:09 AM
Dec 2011
I really liked it! I'm happy Toki finally appeared!
I really had to hold in my screams the moment I saw his eyes xD
The episode in general was really good. I accepted the fact now that the anime won't be faithful to the manga, but there are some elements of the manga I really liked that came up in this episode, for example Nenene grabbing Sakura's boobs (I was afraid they would cut out the rather ecchi parts) And Ogami's view on justice and ethics in general has been demontstrated really well in the yakuza part. And ofcourse, the Sakura-hug. They can't cut that part out, since there are a lot of shippers ><
I'm curious for the next episode! MORE TOKI <33
Oct 22, 2012 8:33 AM

Jul 2010
Sakura is so fucking annoying. Ogami is just a little bitch lol, the only character i really like is that red haired guy. Im interested in seeing the other code breakers but this series is just one big "MEH" so far.
Oct 22, 2012 8:34 AM

Jun 2009
Oh boy, the start of Sakura's hugs.
Oct 22, 2012 8:54 AM

Feb 2012
I like oogami,he is just the kind of badass I admire.
nice episode.
Oct 22, 2012 9:03 AM

Feb 2009
I've read the manga but I hardly remember these parts. All I know is that Hitomi(with Yukihina in tow) shouldn't appear yet. Plus it's mostly about Ogami killing other thugs, dealing with the morality of his works and Sakura stopping him. I liked it back then and I'm still liking it now. And now Toki is here. Should be much more interesting. Just don't bring in Shibuya yet and I'm fine.
I want to see Heike already.
Oct 22, 2012 9:05 AM
Jul 2012
Oogami is hawt! ^^ But it's getting a bit boring I think, there are evil people and some guys who punish the evil by burning them, and their motto is "eye to eye, tooth to tooth, evil to evil." It's getting mainstream. But it's only the third episode, so things will change I hope.
Oct 22, 2012 9:23 AM

Feb 2011
Punch in the stomach rulles ;)

But seriously: how they want to put the whole hitomi arc in 13 episodes? This series will be a mess because of plot cuts. I'm wondering if there will be 2nd season and what will OVA be about (hope not shortcut of previous episodes)

This comic deserves a better anime and if they continue to doing things wrong I hope there wil be remake.

O.K. maybe it's not as bad as my post looks like, but the same was with another nice, one of my favourite shonen, "Beelzebub", an amazing manga and anime failure
Oct 22, 2012 9:35 AM

Nov 2009
Showing bishies with good looks ... err what?, those fights were boring and mediocre at its best =_=". They weren't fighting, they were standing still and spamming shits.

Please stop bringing lame comedy into this series, it couldn't be worst already .... I would like Sakura a little bit if she had a brain that can function and stop bitching "Ogami, Ogami" all the time.

I would give this episode 5/5, 10/10 if the punch was like this one:

A gentle touch on the head ... = burning alive, cold looking, speak nonsense motto "eye to eye, tooth to tooth or whatsoever", just do it already... All of that don't make him like a badass to me though ...

2/5
Takana_no_HanaOct 22, 2012 9:41 AM
Oct 22, 2012 10:23 AM

Jan 2011
I ain't gonna lie...him punching her and knocking her ass out was AWESOME!!!.

Like damn....can you STFU for 5 mins?!
Oct 22, 2012 10:39 AM

Jun 2009
Wanting Hikasa Youko to shut up.. you people have disgusting taste...

Also dat hagu.
レッツゴー ED イケイケゴーゴー
Oct 22, 2012 10:56 AM

Dec 2008
The transition from humor to serious to violence is very well done! Another great episode even though the animation looked a little off.
Oct 22, 2012 11:19 AM

Nov 2008
There are two "Sakura" i wish i could punch them in their face.She one of them.
Oct 22, 2012 12:15 PM

Jun 2012
Villetta_Nu said:
The transition from humor to serious to violence is very well done! Another great episode even though the animation looked a little off.

I agree
This was a good episode. The upcoming fight looks like it will be good. Also did you see her eyes when all the confessions fell.

4/5
If strength is justice, then is powerlessness a crime?

Oct 22, 2012 12:32 PM
Jan 2011
Sakura still hasn't had any idea that she has the capability to dispel Oogami's power, I wish she find out soon so that she can kick Oogami's ass.
Oct 22, 2012 12:53 PM

Feb 2010
Dat animation at the end. Probably my favorite episode of this so far because the school stuff felt a little less anoying this time around. They ebtter hurry up the character introductions with only 1-cour.
I probably regret this post by now.
Oct 22, 2012 1:18 PM

Dec 2009
Sakurakouji is the Suzaku of this show.
Oct 22, 2012 2:05 PM

Sep 2011
Sakura needs to SHUT THE FUCK UP. Holy moly, I can't help but skip the parts when she starts screaming at Ogami because she's so annoying.
Oct 22, 2012 2:25 PM
Jan 2011
The part were Sakura was like"the police are here already so you don't have to do anything". And Ogami pointing out they're criminals also. Too funny.
Oct 22, 2012 2:36 PM

Sep 2012
May have to just pick up the manga if it's only gonna be 13 episodes.

This episode overall was probably the best one so far. The art was okay, but I didn't really find it that great to begin with anyway. Sakura has probably got to be one of the most annoying heroines in history, but meh she's a freshman in high school what do you expect. Action was pretty good though.
A match made in heaven set the fires in hell
Pages (3) [1] 2 3 »

More topics from this board

» The purpose of the female lead.

RudeRedis - Jan 6

3 by Sekiro94 »»
Jan 6, 3:02 PM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 5 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 3, 2012

78 by RGreatDanton »»
Jan 3, 7:22 PM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Oct 6, 2012

222 by RGreatDanton »»
Dec 17, 2023 3:56 PM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 )

Stark700 - Dec 22, 2012

163 by AyanAliShah »»
Oct 9, 2023 7:38 AM

Poll: » Code:Breaker Episode 7 Discussion ( 1 2 )

Stark700 - Nov 17, 2012

70 by waalex11 »»
Sep 12, 2023 7:05 PM
It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.