Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Say I Love You.
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »
Oct 24, 2012 7:26 AM

Jul 2011
While most people are disappointed on Yamato for not being a virgin (or being a man-whore, whatever), I'm disappointed because he agreed to have sex with her because she was vulnerable and sad.
Even if unintentionally, he played with her emotions.
Oct 24, 2012 9:11 AM

Aug 2010
Great episode, I'm glad that Yamato ignored Aiko and went for Mei. I can't stand that bitch Aiko, she's the type of girl I'd have a one night stand with, and forget about the next day.
Oct 24, 2012 9:31 AM

Jun 2012
EdenBaggins said:
While most people are disappointed on Yamato for not being a virgin (or being a man-whore, whatever), I'm disappointed because he agreed to have sex with her because she was vulnerable and sad.

Did he actually have sex with her? Or was it something she just said to make Mei angry/dislike him? I guess you are taking this from the manga? I was inclined to think half of the stuff about him doing "erotic" stuff/kissing ever girl in school were just rumors.
Oct 24, 2012 1:05 PM

Oct 2012
XR said:
EdenBaggins said:

Did he actually have sex with her? Or was it something she just said to make Mei angry/dislike him? I guess you are taking this from the manga? I was inclined to think half of the stuff about him doing "erotic" stuff/kissing ever girl in school were just rumors.

They did actually have sex. The kissing every girl in school part though, at least to the point I've read, is still just rumored though.

saxophone15 said:
I understand how people might see this flaw as being more believable, but there are plenty of people in real life who don't have casual sex...why should that type of person be any less believable? (This isn't an argument but more of an observation)

Because otherwise, I feel like Yamato would be way too perfect. I mean, he's still kind of perfect, but I think his sexual past combined with how he ignored his friend being bullied makes him somewhat more believable - like he's an actual person who makes mistakes.

I guess whether one hates him for it or not depends on one's own individual morals and values though. I personally don't mind it. I don't agree with casual sex at all, but I don't hate someone because of what they do in bed. At least, not as long as they are nice and aren't sleeping around with every person they meet. But maybe that's because it happens pretty often where I'm from so I've been kind of desensitized to it.
Oct 24, 2012 3:00 PM

Jun 2008
mistress_kisara said:
Face_Faith said:
Hmmm... I wonder why they changed Aiko's weight then...

With only 13 episodes, I'm sure the anime won't cover the manga up to Megumi's arc. Which is sad because I liked how

-KamioRika- said:
EllieLovesStars said:
Not sure why Yamato is getting so much hate. Because he's not a squeaky clean virgin like Mei?

Yamato is extremely kind. You can see that from how he interacts with others and most importantly, how he reached out and was friendly to Mei. I think that's important. More important than what he has done with girls before.

Yeah, he's kind of a playboy. He flirts, has kissed girls, and has *gasp* had sex. Okay, so I know you guys may find this hard to believe, but real teenagers actually do those things. And I think it makes Yamato more realistic. It's not like he's doing those things while he's with Mei. He genuinely likes her.

Also, I really hate the fact that they made "fat" Aiko skinnier in the anime. Like, she wasn't fat at all. She was really perfect size.

This x 1000000000

Seriously, teenagers having sex isn't exactly the most uncommon thing in the world. It is uncommon in anime though and that's why I like Sukitte. In most of the shoujo I read, the heroine is the male lead's first everything. It's good to see someone more realistic who has actually kissed girls and had sex before. He's not cheating on Mei, so I'm not quite sure why people are making such big deal out of it.

+
Chaospan said:
Not abnormal for someone his age - but very abnormal for anime where people this age normally seem to all be virgins.

Yup.

Takana_no_Hana said:
But having sex with many people while being a teenager isn't a good thing you know. Especially he had sex with a girl in the past and ran away, denied his responsibility and make another girl friend ... How do you sure that he won't dumb Mei just like the previous girl after having sex with her and then find another ...

Yamato had sex with Aiko. That's one person. Plus it seems you're unaware of the circumstances right now :S

saxophone15 said:
I understand how people might see this flaw as being more believable, but there are plenty of people in real life who don't have casual sex...why should that type of person be any less believable? (This isn't an argument but more of an observation)

I guess it seems more believable because usually, anime characters don't seem to make such... "mistakes". That the most popular guy of the school falls in love with the least popular girl is not very realistic, and then there are lots of manga with this setting and despite that this oh so popular guy is oh so good-looking, he's never kissed anyone before, has never been in any relationship before or fallen in love with any girl before (as -KamioRika- and others pointed out). If you keep reading manga like that, it doesn't seem very believable. It's like the authors try to make the characters look perfect and SINY is different from that (not in all aspects, of course).

EllieLovesStars said:
The kissing every girl in school part though, at least to the point I've read, is still just rumored though.

As far as I've read, they never addressed this topic after it was mentioned, I think. He didn't deny it, but I can hardly imagine him asking the teachers to hand him a list of all the girls who attend his school and go to each of them to kiss them. Then again, he kissed Asami (I don't think she's the kind of person to lie about this), however no one talked about it afterwards, either, so we don't know about the circumstances.
Oct 24, 2012 6:42 PM

Oct 2010
the bowling scene was priceless... the part where mei get a strike was hilarous... lol
"Be engulfed by the flames of darkness and begone!" - Dark Flame Master
Oct 25, 2012 4:14 PM

Apr 2012
so aiko arrives in and they introduce her past and the beginning of her hatred towards mei.
but hopefully the resolution will come qquickly and the more juicier stuff will arrive :p
Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Oct 25, 2012 4:58 PM
Mar 2011
Actually contrary to what some people are saying, the romance doesn't feel forced to me. In fact it feels realistic. I've heard about plenty of teenage relationships where two people start dating only like two days after just meeting.

I wouldn't say Yamato LOVES Mei yet but he is definitely IN LOVE with her (the difference between 'love' and 'in love' is that love is a deep feeling built with time and learning but being 'in love' can just mean that you are attracted to another person. Ex: a young couple just dating, like Yamato and Mei, would be in love with each other, but an old married couple love each other)

Also I don't see what people dislike about Yamato so much. Yes he kissed a bunch of girls but there's nothing to say he didn't necessarily have feelings for those girls (we were told by an outside source that he didn't but that is unreliable) and, I'm guessing (judging by the kind character that we've witnessed thus far) he kissed most of them just to be nice. Also the only girl we KNOW of at this time that he did 'erotic stuff' with is Aiko (and from what I've seen he did it because she was crying and begged him)

Next if you want to see a real playboy then read:

http://www.mangahere.com/manga/kyou_koi_wo_hajimemasu/

Finally, cut the guy some slack. It's been like what? Three episodes? Jeez!
Oct 25, 2012 5:19 PM
Sep 2012
Narutowolf77 said:

Also I don't see what people dislike about Yamato so much. Yes he kissed a bunch of girls but there's nothing to say he didn't necessarily have feelings for those girls (we were told by an outside source that he didn't but that is unreliable) and, I'm guessing (judging by the kind character that we've witnessed thus far) he kissed most of them just to be nice.

He's a man whore.
Oct 25, 2012 5:28 PM

Nov 2009
Narutowolf77 said:
he kissed most of them just to be nice.

That's an awful reason to kiss someone.

What "Adolescence" do you have?
Do you remember "Childhood"?
The irreplaceable one existed there.

Oct 26, 2012 4:33 AM

Jun 2012
what do people have against casual sex? Jesus. AS a bloke who had that much attention lavished on him what did you expect him to do? be celibate? I repsect him for not having slept with more women to be honest. HE seems to have slept with as many girls as i had when i was his age, and i wasn't super popular with the girls during my teens .

Just because he has screwed a girl or two doesnt make him a bad person. I think a lot of people have a very romanticized idea of sex ( its like with people getting super defensive about Asuna in SAO possibly having sex with Kirito, I just find it funny how immature some people can be). Dont get me wrong it can be romantic, but you dont have to be in love with everyone you bone. Now him hurting Aiko is something that may contradict that. But i think from the sounds of it he probably did it with the best intentions.
Oct 26, 2012 7:11 PM

Jun 2009
^ I don't really like that logic. Just because you can have sex, doesn't mean you should. Same with kissing. Just because it's now normal for teens to have sex, doesn't mean we should just say, "Ok, that's great."

In regards to Yamato, what annoys me about his character is his reasons for kissing and having sex with girls. With Aiko, she was overly emotional and at a very fragile state. It would have been better for him to comfort her instead of giving in to sex. Plus, considering how hooked Aiko is to Yamato, it shows us that this wasn't the right thing to do.

Yamato wants to be nice and get along with everyone. He wants to blend in and not cause any problems, because of this he kisses girls and has sex with them. He's an empty person and his hooks up show us that. This episode did give us a bit more insight on why he did what he did. But the anime (and I guess the manga) is trying to tell us that it isn't right.
[/center]
Oct 26, 2012 7:57 PM

Apr 2012
^^^^ umm comforting aiko was actually giving her sex, because she asked for it, she didnt want anything else, she wanted to have sex, and any boy who says no to that is just plain dumb pretty much, all boys in their teens live for their sexual needs, sukitte is alot of realistic in the present times, when kissing is a common thing, and sex is happening more frequently in highschool, and not all boys are perfectly romantic virgins.

obviously it wasnt the right thing to do, but he did it anyway, its in the past, i dont see how someone can judge a character because they slept with someone over emotional grief, of course its wrong but its been done,

also how is being nice to everyone = to kissing and having sex with girls..... he doesnt kiss anyone just for being nice, he kisses them because he wanted to, and he wanted to have sex when ever he had it.
Oct 26, 2012 9:25 PM
Sep 2011
Lupta said:

also how is being nice to everyone = to kissing and having sex with girls..... he doesnt kiss anyone just for being nice, he kisses them because he wanted to, and he wanted to have sex when ever he had it.

So basically hes a man whore and that makes him realistic.
Oct 26, 2012 10:54 PM

Jul 2008
After watching that disappointing episode 2, the anime is quite back on it track but not that quite there yet.
Oct 27, 2012 1:20 AM

Sep 2008
What bothers me in this show is how all of Yamato and Mei's conversations are just small talk and make their relationship look so empty.
Oct 27, 2012 7:59 AM

Jun 2009
Lupta said:
^^^^ umm comforting aiko was actually giving her sex, because she asked for it, she didnt want anything else, she wanted to have sex

She found out her boyfriend was cheating on her. She changed herself to be his ideal girlfriend and found out that it wasn't enough. She didn't need sex, she asked for it because of her insecurities and her sadness. What she needed was someone's shoulder to cry on and validation that she is a beautiful person.

and any boy who says no to that is just plain dumb pretty much, all boys in their teens live for their sexual needs, sukitte is alot of realistic in the present times, when kissing is a common thing, and sex is happening more frequently in highschool, and not all boys are perfectly romantic virgins.

I know plenty of guys who would say no. It doesn't make them dumb, it just means they're able to think about things clearly and understand that they shouldn't take advantage of someone who is at a low point. Not all guys think about sex 24/7.

Also, I don't mind that the lead character isn't a virgin. I've read plenty of mangas and watched animes where the lead isn't a virgin. That doesn't ruin any experience I have as a viewer.

obviously it wasnt the right thing to do, but he did it anyway, its in the past, i dont see how someone can judge a character because they slept with someone over emotional grief, of course its wrong but its been done,

I think we have a very different view on Yamato. I don't hate him, but after this episode it's clear that the only reason why he kisses and has sex with girls is because he doesn't want to be hated by anyone. He thinks that if he does this then he'll just blend into the crowd.

He's still a playboy. He's just empty too.
[/center]
Oct 27, 2012 5:20 PM

Jul 2012
deathxempress said:
meepsheep said:
HibiChouchou said:
I feel sorry for them too, Sakurasou and Tonari are much better.

I agree with Tonari but Sakurasou, really? ._. Lol Isn't that an ecchi harem?

There isn't much of ecchi & I would not call it a harem... yet. But it is quite funny like Tonari.

lolol
I watched the first episode only of Sakurasou. It's filled with fanservice and ecchi IMO. Possibly more than an actual ecchi anime Hatsukoi Limited.

5layer said:
What bothers me in this show is how all of Yamato and Mei's conversations are just small talk and make their relationship look so empty.

+1
It's just stuff like "I like your hair like that" and "Can I kiss you?"
Oct 28, 2012 2:53 AM

Sep 2009
Lupta said:
^^^^ umm comforting aiko was actually giving her sex, because she asked for it, she didnt want anything else, she wanted to have sex, and any boy who says no to that is just plain dumb pretty much
Lol what!? It's called being smart not dumb, but I know a lot of people make dumb decisions.

Lupta said:
all boys in their teens live for their sexual needs
I don't even know what to say to this...
Oct 28, 2012 5:21 AM
Feb 2012
So Aiko's a nutcase and everybody wants to fuck Yamato... yeah, whatever.
The release of atomic energy has not created a new problem. It has merely made more urgent the necessity of solving an existing one. - Albert Einstein
Oct 28, 2012 8:09 AM

Jun 2012
The episode and series thus far have been ok in my opinion. However, Aiko is just acting rather crazy. I don't know how the manga went but in thee anime she just straight up ran to the dude crying and asked him to have sex with her. I don't see how she could think it meant all that much to him since he didn't even initiate it to begin with.
Oct 28, 2012 10:29 AM

Nov 2008
So.? Did Yamato really had sex with Aiko? He had sex with her just to make Aiko feel "loved". Guess this romance series isn't for me lol.
Oct 28, 2012 2:11 PM

Sep 2011
4/5
cute cat ^^..
I like the character development
Oct 29, 2012 5:18 AM
Sep 2010
Okay. So, I don't know what happened and I don't quite remember how this is much different from the manga but I don't think I disliked Yamato nearly as much as I do now. More than (and maybe worse than) a playboy who pursues lots of women, he's just so...easy. Playboys are one thing. Easy guys are something even worse for me. I don't know why. It just seems to entail that they lack standards or self respect. Then when he finally does pursue someone, it's not the popular beautiful girl he's been pining over, it's some anti-social average chick that doesn't even like him. The whole time, I've been rooting for and urging Tachibana to reject and stay away from him. Lesigh. I don't know why but somehow, I'm just not enjoying this like I thought I would. I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one who's finding themselves feeling this way. Lesigh. But I guess this is supposed to be a story about how this imperfect guy finds love so if I think of it in that way I guess I can bear with it.
Nov 4, 2012 4:18 PM

Apr 2008
Aiko is such a slut, and a bitch.

Nov 24, 2012 9:31 AM
Jul 2012
LOLS! Mei's eyes when she was bout to bowl! xD

Srsly love dis anime! Yay!
Dec 3, 2012 5:40 PM

Aug 2011
Another sweet ep. Seems like they mostly end with kisses? Glad to see that Yamato has scars from his past too.
Dec 15, 2012 2:33 AM
Aug 2011
QuiGonJon said:
Morridine said:
QuiGonJon said:
I'm a bit confused, did Yamato and Aiko actually do anything or did Aiko lie about it, because Mie never really asked him about it...

she didnt ask yet in anime but

If he did have something with her or any other girl ... that somehow ruined his image and my impression of him a little bit. :/ (althoug it's in the past).
Dec 15, 2012 2:36 AM
Aug 2011
Tyrant3927 said:
pretty decent episode. a couple already and barely the 3rd episode, shocking really. good though. although they seem to be having problems already, mostly because of yamato, but all in all its getting to be a pretty good watch. wondering what more development is gonna happen. and also, is any one else feel like its gonna be somewhat like Bokura ga Ita ??

More like Kimi ni todoke in my opinion.
Dec 31, 2012 12:33 AM

Sep 2011
Aw man, what a cute episode! *-*
Feb 2, 2013 6:25 PM

Sep 2011
Aiko is a bitch, I hope she won't dare cause Mei any harm.
Mar 7, 2013 1:33 PM

Jul 2011
slutty bitch aiko!!!!!!
Mar 16, 2013 2:11 PM

Oct 2009
Haha great bowling, love how they skipped out on the haircut. Seems Mei walks out kinda frequently, but I guess that's to be expected.
El Psy Congroo

まだまだだね!!!
Apr 14, 2013 7:30 AM
Jul 2018

Ahh. Yamato is so lucky to be with Mei. She's one of a kind.
Dec 7, 2013 8:34 AM

May 2012
Hm, characters like Aiko can get on my nerves, the whole 'I changed myself for a boy and now he doesn't want me' plot is a bit of a cliché but if her coming to terms with her stupid and selfish behaviour reaches a good climax then I can move past it.

I don't think Mei is selfish, she's just a confused young girl who's been so isolated from others it's very hard for her to make decisions about how she feels.
Jan 9, 2014 11:31 AM

May 2012
This pacing and the development are ow so lovely! Really things sure are going good between those two but I'm sure she's going to have some trouble with a lot of girls because they're dating... so let's see what's next!
Mar 9, 2014 4:25 AM

Oct 2013
the realism of the relationships is nice
"Urushibara Ruka. The mannerisms and voice of a woman... No... More feminine than any woman. But he's a guy. Taller than Mayuri, but so very thin... But he's a guy. Looks great in a miko outfit... But he's a guy. It's already twilight And yet, it's so hot. The cicadas are crying. But... He's a guy."
Apr 24, 2014 12:04 PM
Bunnies 🍓

Jan 2013
It was an ok episode. Aiko gets in bed with that other guy just because she wanted to be satisfied but she still likes Kurosawa. -_-

Mei gets 3 Strikes in bowling, and she goes Mei mode as well.

Nice back story in Kurosawa. He had a friend who was bullied and then he went to another school shortly after. I feel bad for Kurosawa because he couldn't do anything and it's not like he could because it was never said how many bullies there were.

May 27, 2014 7:12 PM
Mar 2014
gillbobjones said:
I can't stand this yamato dude. Think im ganna drop this series purely because of him.

Thank you. It's about time someone realized how stupid he is. I don't say this often but he's one of those guys who are so nice(or thickheaded) that they don't really notice the feelings of those around them. He shouldn't have given into Aiko when she asked him to have sex with her, I think that was detrimental to her and that if he really cared then he would have approached her request and depression in a different manner.

I mean when my boyfriend cheated on me for basically the same reason I didn't go asking the my best guy friend for sex, and Yamato barely even knew Aiko.

Argh he pisses me off.

Signature removed. Please follow the signature rules, as defined in the Site & Forum Guidelines.
Jul 7, 2014 9:08 AM

Oct 2009
The neko is so CUTE~ >_<

Aww..they went out together as a pair for the first time! I like that Mei isn't certain of her feelings for Yamato but still wanted to dress nice for him and eventually not cutting her hair for him. That means she sees him as more than a friend, maybe a crush but sparks haven't flown yet.

Haha Mei is good in bowling! Who knew!

Damn that Aiko girl is annoying, but I guess she's still insecure of herself even after she lost weight. I pity the guy who likes her, seems that he's just an outlet for her. I understand she has worked hard for the guy she likes but the guy clearly doesn't like you...so stop trying to ruin his relationship with the girl HE likes.

I guess I favour Yamato more now, with his backstory and that he always chases after Mei and trying to seize every opportunity to be with her. But still not buying his charm lol. I can't believe he's considered handsome haha
Aug 5, 2014 10:47 AM

Apr 2010
Awh god this is so adorable, it gets fluffier and fluffier!!
Sep 3, 2014 6:21 AM

Mar 2014
A Date for the first time !!
The Attractiveness is overwhelming .. his popularity is stunning .
What an "odd" couple I second ~ .
3 strikes in a row !? .. nice bowling skills !!
They had an intercourse ... that must have hurt in mei's chest .
Aiko is quite pissing ... but I sympathize her for the saddening past of hers . (end was pathetically disturbing.)
The Chameleon in the rain .. the one who's not good enough .
Daylight kiss ~ .
Trust and scars.
Pretty good episode !!!
Sep 3, 2014 9:47 AM

Jan 2014
merurin said:
Takana_no_Hana said:
faster pace will just ruin the show, it needs slow pace episodes like this.
Dec 15, 2014 5:38 AM

Apr 2009
I thought that this episode wasn't too bad and kinda bittersweet at the end.
Aiko is just crazy, but what's a romance anime without any drama.
Dec 17, 2014 8:12 AM

Aug 2013
That Aiko looks really pathetic. Like those girls who watch too much ads and become skinny as fuck. And of course, she's the one that trigger the drama and that will probably trigger the rest of the drama. Awww, those goddamn girls who don't accept to lose. Bitch incoming!
«Time is passing so quickly. Right now, I feel like complaining to Einstein. Whether time is slow or fast depends on perception. Relativity theory is so romantic. And so sad.»
- Kurisu Makise a.k.a. The Zombie
Feb 1, 2015 1:07 AM

Sep 2014
Whoa, Aiko surely acted like a bitch in here, sleeping with a guy and thinking about some other dude? But she changed over the series and I grew to like her a lot so I guess it's fine.
Nov 14, 2015 11:02 AM
Sleepy

Nov 2014
Hmm, I picked it up after months - I dropped it back then. I found first two episodes really unbearable and painful to watch but this one wasn't that bad. Maybe it was too early to drop it. We shall see.
Nov 27, 2015 7:02 PM

Feb 2013
The girls in this show are really low. I'm almost hoping for a "nice boat" ending.
Dec 12, 2015 12:23 PM

Aug 2012
This is all missed up..

I don't even know what to say about Aiko, you like someone so you just sleep with another guy...? like wuut

even yamato is freakin annoying, like I can't even count how many times they kissed and it's only the 3rd episode xD , seriously he needs to calm down.... I really dislikes almost all the characters I don't know why am I watching this lol
Feb 22, 2016 12:52 AM

Apr 2012
she in bed with another guy while saying "im not giving up"........ best 2 stay away from those type of ppl
Pages (4) « 1 2 [3] 4 »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 13 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 )

Stark700 - Dec 29, 2012

217 by Hashiriya_weeb87 »»
Apr 21, 10:32 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 12 Discussion ( 1 2 )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

97 by ibtissame »»
Apr 19, 3:29 PM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 4 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Oct 27, 2012

127 by Peixefaca »»
Feb 15, 9:25 AM

» Season 2

kisaragi_eki - Feb 7

7 by requiemofred_ »»
Feb 7, 11:49 AM

Poll: » Sukitte Ii na yo. Episode 11 Discussion ( 1 2 3 )

Stark700 - Dec 15, 2012

108 by ginseng6 »»
Aug 27, 2023 7:28 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.