Forum SettingsEpisode Information
Forums
Sword Art Online (light novel)
Available on Manga Store
New
What did you think of this episode?
DO NOT discuss the source material beyond this episode. If you want to discuss future events or theories, please use separate threads.
DO NOT ask where to watch/download this episode or give links to copyrighted, non-fair use material.
DO NOT troll/bait/harass/abuse other users for liking or disliking the series/characters.
DO read the Anime Discussion Rules and Site & Forum Guidelines.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »
Oct 20, 2012 1:22 PM

Jul 2012
Cool episode, i like how Kirito lands on his head :)
Oct 20, 2012 1:24 PM

May 2011
I got a bad feeling this is gonna get torn apart in the next hour
Oct 20, 2012 1:25 PM

Mar 2012
Oh, Cool! A new game! Does this mean Kirito isn't ridiculously overpowered anymore?! Maybe he'll actually be a little vulnerable and interesting now!

NOPE. He can stop lances from experienced players with his bare hands.

Fuck this show.
Oct 20, 2012 1:26 PM
May 2011
10/10, this episode is decent

great environment artwork as usuall, but still lack at battle scene, Im afraid there will be more still shot while fighting -.-"

but one thing that still bother me, 20 minutes is really not long enough to give the feeling like in LN, it should be feel more intense when the new elf being chasing by that 3 insect who looks like the army in SAO with wings lol

RMNDolphy said:
Oh, Cool! A new game! Does this mean Kirito isn't ridiculously overpowered anymore?! Maybe he'll actually be a little vulnerable and interesting now!

Fuck this show.

he could stop it coz kirito str stat is higher because his stat (lvl 100 in SAO) is transfered into ALO
Oct 20, 2012 1:29 PM

Sep 2012
Animators here can learn from Chuunibyou for those fighting scenes. My good ness that Moe-anime actually puts out very impressive fighting action. At least relative to the ones out there now.

Ugh... by the time the next episodes come out... ED applications to colleges are going to be freaking CLOSE.
Oct 20, 2012 1:30 PM

Dec 2010
RockerXD said:
I got a bad feeling this is gonna get torn apart in the next hour

It slowly is, just look at the voting, the hates will pill up just like they do each and every week. It is what it is.
Oct 20, 2012 1:30 PM
May 2011
jimmypod said:
Animators here can learn from Chuunibyou for those fighting scenes. My good ness that Moe-anime actually puts out very impressive fighting action. At least relative to the ones out there now.

Ugh... by the time the next episodes come out... ED applications to colleges are going to be freaking CLOSE.

haha yeah so agree, chuunibyou has a better battle animation lol
that came first in my mind when I watched chuunibyo xD
Oct 20, 2012 1:36 PM

Jan 2008
AshtonClaude said:
jimmypod said:

haha yeah so agree, chuunibyou has a better battle animation lol
that came first in my mind when I watched chuunibyo xD

That'd simply be KyoAni being KyoAni, that being quality animation, all their recent titles are as well, but KyoAni seems to focus more on slice n life, school and comedy shows. Ufotable maybe but they haven't done much notable tv titles other than Fate/Zero. You'll rarely see good fighting animation in TV anime these days, usually repeated scenes, dragging screens/people from x to y, a bunch of flashy stuff to hide the lack of actual character animation, etc.

Anyways, I quite enjoyed the episode, I had visualized it slightly different when I read it. Was fun watching Kirito face floor.
Oct 20, 2012 1:37 PM

Sep 2008
Wow, I'm actually surprised how much i really liked this episode. Yeah they missed out on a few things but I found those things in the novel irrelevant.

RMNDolphy said:

Fuck this show.

errr, were you even listening to the dialogue or reading the subs? unless you d'loaded trolled subs, Kirito admitted he went from beater to plain cheater....so yes Kirito is on hax mode but pretty sure that was explained in this episode. And I wouldn't even say it's hax for the plain fact that its well in ALO's parameters(meaning anyone playing the game can reach that level overtime)
Oct 20, 2012 1:39 PM

Sep 2012
Awesome episode!!!I was getting worried that he was gonna be weak but Kirito was so freaking OP at the end! I was like fk yeh! also the music that was playing while Lyfa was getting ready to fight the 3 salamander dudes was awesome! *sigh* -_- one more week for the next episode...

Yui omg!!!! so moeeeeeeeeee
Oct 20, 2012 1:41 PM

Jul 2012
legend is back! haha great episode indeed.
Oct 20, 2012 1:42 PM

Feb 2008
Yeah just think about how beautiful it is when it's reality graphics.
A few games is close to reality so there is no doubt about 10 years from now on we will release our first VRMMO.

itsvero said:
ALO would be so fun to play in real life. The scenery is beautiful. Can't get over how ridic Kirito looks though, and the I'm guessing the blonde chick is probably Suguha from what the OP suggests. I liked the OST during the fight with those generic baddies but Kirito's "Who's next?" was so lame.

Remember that Kirito will treat virtual reality as the reality.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Oct 20, 2012 1:45 PM

Feb 2008
Agree the paced have been better now.

Animation can't just stop without saving Asuna. :D

InfiniteDestiny said:
The aerial fight felt a bit slow, and could have been better done but it should speed up a bit later. As for people saying Kirito is a cheater, well while he obviously is cheating people should also look at it another way, would it be reasonable for him to use a new account to do what he gotta do in his limited time frame? i mean think about it how long have people been playing ALO before him, its not like he is unbeatable either. Well in any case the pacing is being done well so thats something to be optimistic for.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained (Girls und Panzer der Film ) / from Nishizumi Miho

Dec 2010
Sigh...i knew this would happen but let me ask one question to all people who dislike Kirito being hax

Do you honestly expect him to do his thing in a limited time frame with a new account with no help at all? i mean come on now, if he used a new account with no assistance and still won as all MCs do then that would be BS, but at least they gave reasoning and he even admitted to it, frankly i don't think he cares about cheating if it means seeing Asuna, i doubt anyone in his position would care about such morals when they are on a time limit. Also i said this before its not like he is head and shoulders above everyone in ALO, he will still struggle in ALO.

Mar 2010
Alfheim versus Sword art.. in terms of the games interestingness.. I prefered SAO. ALfheim looks pretty stupid. However I'm happy to see Yui again~ I feel terrible for the way Asuna is being treated now in the story though..being abused and treated like she doesn't exist and has no feelings. blah
I'm curious to see if any characters from SAO help Kirito out on his new adventures.. I refuse to read spoiler comments and stuff to find out though.

Mar 2012
AshtonClaude said:
RMNDolphy said:

Fuck this show.

he could stop it coz kirito str stat is higher because his stat (lvl 100 in SAO) is transfered into ALO

Oh, I understand the reason he's still overpowered, I just think it's just an asinine writing decision. Going into a new game gives the writer a chance to make Kirito into an actually interesting character by giving him vulnerabilities, imperfections, room for improvement and character development. But instead they opted to keep him an overpowered, invulnerable, one-dimensional, wish fulfilling Gary Stu. It's a wasted opportunity.
Oct 20, 2012 1:46 PM
Oct 2012
Just registered in order to discuss some anime.

Anyways just watched episode 16 subbed.

Skill levels kept!

Apparently any similar skills had their levels changed to the ones he had in SAO

Does ALO have overall levels? If so is kiritos current level like 97?

9.5/10 for this episode

It was the start of a great arc in my OP.

Edit

Also quite dissapointed about the fact he deleted his items....

Damn i can understand their names and letters were changed to unknown but i wish he was still able to wear them. Wouldve been awesome if he kept his weapon and cloak and walked around town.
Oct 20, 2012 1:47 PM

Dec 2010
RMNDolphy said:
AshtonClaude said:
RMNDolphy said:

Fuck this show.

Oh, I understand the reason he's still overpowered, I just think it's just an asinine writing decision. Going into a new game gives the writer a chance to make Kirito into an actually interesting character by giving him vulnerabilities, imperfections, room for improvement and character development. But instead they opted to keep him an overpowered, invulnerable, one-dimensional, wish fulfilling Gary Stu. It's a wasted opportunity.

Ya because he is suppose to be able to fight veterans with new stats, very reasonable......
Oct 20, 2012 1:49 PM

Jan 2008
kay911kay said:
Just registered in order to discuss some anime.

Anyways just watched episode 16 subbed.

Skill levels kept!

Apparently any similar skills had their levels changed to the ones he had in SAO

Does ALO have overall levels? If so is kiritos current level like 97?

9.5/10 for this episode

It was the start of a great arc in my OP.

Edit

Also quite dissapointed about the fact he deleted his items....

Damn i can understand their names and letters were changed to unknown but i wish he was still able to wear them. Wouldve been awesome if he kept his weapon and cloak and walked around town.

No player levels. Only skill levels.
Oct 20, 2012 1:50 PM

Mar 2011
"huh three heavy fighters attacking a single girl? How lame

Every episode they have to put some mysoginy do they?

Neverthless it was still better than last episode.
Oct 20, 2012 1:51 PM

Mar 2011
Pretty good episode.Nice landings Kirito :D.Lyfa is cute.
Oct 20, 2012 1:52 PM

Feb 2008
Remember all his local data for SAO is saved in his nerve gear, just becuase this is a copy of Sword Art Online his data got kind of merge with ALO game.

I can't wait for GGO arc, it's so going to be fun to see Kirito slice a bullet and can evade at zero point.
That explain his reaction time to be the fastest in SAO.

Click Spoiler box (SPAM)

Sep 2008
RMNDolphy said:

whilst i'll agree with you at better character development, the rest of your point is unfounded. Vulnerabilities? Imperfections? He has a few days to search for Asuna in a game he was hesitant at first of going into thx to SAO and you expect him to be a Harayuki at start? errr...no

Mar 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
RMNDolphy said:
AshtonClaude said:
RMNDolphy said:

Fuck this show.

Ya because he is suppose to be able to fight veterans with new stats, very reasonable......

No! That's the point! He shouldn't be able to. He should actually -dare I say it- lose for once. The way he is now makes for a boring character due to the reasons I stated above. Some vulnerabilities and imperfections would do him some good.

But hey, that would take competent writing. Let's not get our hopes up.
Oct 20, 2012 1:53 PM

Aug 2012
An Awesome Episode And An Absolutely Great Opening For The New Arc. And Also Loved The Fact That In ALO Kirito Dose Not Have To Start From Scratch.
Oct 20, 2012 1:53 PM

Feb 2011
Alfheim looks okay , the ears kinda bug me though . Anyway , Kirito was a boss at the end xD
Oct 20, 2012 1:54 PM

Dec 2010
RMNDolphy said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
RMNDolphy said:
AshtonClaude said:
RMNDolphy said:

Fuck this show.

No! That's the point! He shouldn't be able to. He should actually -dare I say it- lose for once. The way he is now makes for a boring character for the reasons I stated above. Some Vulnerabilities and imperfections would do him some good.

But hey, That would take competent writing. Let's not get our hopes up.

Sigh, look i get your point of not wanting a OP MC, it gets boring when they always win, i get it but now try to get my point in return

he is on a limited time frame

You honestly think he can afford to lose? how freaken far away do you that tree is?!
Oct 20, 2012 1:57 PM

Mar 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:
RMNDolphy said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
RMNDolphy said:
AshtonClaude said:
RMNDolphy said:

Fuck this show.

No! That's the point! He shouldn't be able to. He should actually -dare I say it- lose for once. The way he is now makes for a boring character for the reasons I stated above. Some Vulnerabilities and imperfections would do him some good.

Sigh, look i get your point of not wanting a OP MC, it gets boring when they always win, i get it but now try to get my point in return

You honestly think he can afford to lose? how freaken far away do you that tree is?!

I understand that. It's not like the time frame had to be that short. They could have written it to be longer and kept the sense of urgency while leaving room for Kirito to grow as a character.

May 2012
yuiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii... :) its getting interesting ..

May 2011
RMNDolphy said:
AshtonClaude said:
RMNDolphy said:

Fuck this show.

well this is not naruto that has hundred of episode to make character improvement,
and the time when kirito will become weak is next arc

so just hope they make season II :D

==========================================================

I just emm, in ALO there is no damage if player fall from sky ?
Oct 20, 2012 1:58 PM

May 2011
RMNDolphy said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
RMNDolphy said:
AshtonClaude said:
RMNDolphy said:

Fuck this show.

No! That's the point! He shouldn't be able to. He should actually -dare I say it- lose for once. The way he is now makes for a boring character due to the reasons I stated above. Some vulnerabilities and imperfections would do him some good.

It's more of on the lines of a plot device, but to be serious, he got less than a week to do what he has to do, it would be even more ridiculous if he would uber grinded to the top in like 2 days. Character development can be done elsewhere other than character power level.
Oct 20, 2012 2:01 PM

Dec 2010
RMNDolphy said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
RMNDolphy said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
RMNDolphy said:
AshtonClaude said:
RMNDolphy said:

Fuck this show.

I understand that. It's not like the time frame had to be that short. They could have written it to be longer and kept the sense of urgency while leaving room for Kirito to grow as a character.

If they did that it would be freaken boring, there would actually be no sense of urgency, they will be oh like "we got time no worries" T_T, who the heck wants to see Kirito level up with less than half the series left, its time for action not raising levels in order to have said action in the first place.

You can dislike things, but at least be reasonable about it.
Oct 20, 2012 2:04 PM

Aug 2011
Girls calm down, your all PRETTY.
Oct 20, 2012 2:07 PM
May 2012
First of all thats cheating!
OHH! WELL! kirito was a beater to begin with!
Still getting all the attributes from the start from a different game is not fair!
but sugu looked in her elf character!
Yui becomes a pixie!
i really like pixies!
Remember the first time i saw on kaze no stigma!

great episode 9/10!
at least this is better than the sao world!
i means it at least tries to explain the plot!
Oct 20, 2012 2:10 PM

Aug 2012
I really liked the episode for some reason, even though I already knew what was going to happen. Think it was Kirito's attitude towards the three enemies at the end, reminded me of Luffy a little.
Oct 20, 2012 2:10 PM

May 2012
RMNDolphy said:

Fuck this show.

did u pay atention?
he delete his all item but not his skill lvl from SAO.. he said hes not a beater anymore but cheater.. :)

Oct 20, 2012 2:12 PM

Jul 2011
People who are complaining about his OPness: Do you not see what's going to happen to him? Of course, he's going to get his stuff taken from him. He named himself kirito knowing that that douchebag rapist knows his name, he knows that he should keep his power low key but he didn't. It's like every other metroidvania game out there, starting with a full set of items then getting it taken away then having to get those things back.

Although, I'm all up for continuing the storyline, WHAT THE **** is wrong with the people in the real world? A similar game turned thousands of people into vegetables, some died in comatose, wouldn't that be like a "HEY! Maybe we shouldn't be playing games that requires us to plug in like that." Dumbasses.
The chip in my mind, it summons me.
I gave my life to your machines.
Oct 20, 2012 2:13 PM
Oct 2012
RMNDolphy said:
InfiniteDestiny said:
RMNDolphy said:
AshtonClaude said:
RMNDolphy said:

Fuck this show.

I understand your point, but that's simply not what SAO is about.
If it was just them playing another game for fun, he could have done it that way.
Since he doesn't play it for fun AND has a time limit, the author has to use some kind of device to make him strong enough to compete.
Grinding to a high enough level to clear the hardest raid or clearing it with a fresh character would be more unreasonable.
Oct 20, 2012 2:15 PM

Mar 2012
InfiniteDestiny said:

If they did that it would be freaken boring, there would actually be no sense of urgency, they will be oh like "we got time no worries" T_T, who the heck wants to see Kirito level up with less than half the series left, its time for action not raising levels in order to have said action in the first place.

You can dislike things, but at least be reasonable about it.

I didn't mean to extend the time by a year, just a couple weeks or so. It's about more than the meta level-up character development. Victories are much more satisfying when they feel earned and I doubt I will feel that way at the conclusion of this arc, just as I didn't at the conclusion of the first. There's nothing satisfying about Jesus bulldozing his way through a game, making brief stops along the way to beef up his harem. But this is all a matter of opinion and it's here where we probably just disagree on a very fundamental level.

EstelleBright said:
Girls calm down, your all PRETTY.

awwww, shucks. Thanks!
NotDolphyOct 20, 2012 2:19 PM
Oct 20, 2012 2:17 PM
Oct 2012
AshtonClaude said:

I just emm, in ALO there is no damage if player fall from sky ?

There is, but Kirito was not far enough above the ground to die or even take considerable damage.
Oct 20, 2012 2:20 PM

Nov 2007
Well it's cool to see blacksmith guy again at least.

UGH NO NOT THAT STUPID ANNOYING LOLI AI. Why bring her back. Stupid loli computer program. Sigh....

Straight into elves and fairies. Now he's a beater and a cheater since they ripped off SAO to make the fairy game. That is very very convenient.

Oh and what are the chances that girl he saved joins the harem?

I still don't like the sister as a love interest even if he's not her actual brother. way too forced.
Oct 20, 2012 2:23 PM

Mar 2012
What's the punishment for dying in ALO?
Oct 20, 2012 2:23 PM

Aug 2009
Marina2 said:
ssjokg said:
I am either getting brainwashed by the haters or the animation just got way worse...

Do You mean the areal fight part???. Yeah, the animation in that part could've done better. I think characters fly too slow.

I mean anything after Kirito did the FullDive.

itsvero said:
ALO would be so fun to play in real life. The scenery is beautiful. Can't get over how ridic Kirito looks though, and the I'm guessing the blonde chick is probably Suguha from what the OP suggests. I liked the OST during the fight with those generic baddies but Kirito's "Who's next?" was so lame.

Where did the OP even suggest that?Because Lyfa and Kirito were holding hands?It also showed Asuna looking at them when she didnt even know that help was coming.
Oct 20, 2012 2:24 PM

Aug 2009
RMNDolphy said:

the same as any other game.Losing EXP or whatever ALO has I dont remember....
Oct 20, 2012 2:28 PM

Feb 2011
pff, kirito the overpowered smug xD

so many copy-paste mmorpgs even in fictional world

Fixes to make the Profile more bearable after "the Modern★Profile★Update★★Rip★Profile★"
Oct 20, 2012 2:30 PM

Jan 2008
ssjokg said:
RMNDolphy said:

the same as any other game.Losing EXP or whatever ALO has I dont remember....

In ALO, I believe you lose a large portion of your equips/inventory. It goes to the team/person that killed you.
Oct 20, 2012 2:32 PM
Oct 2012
RMNDolphy said:

Losing progress on your skills and items you carry with you if you are the last one in your group.
If you die and someone in your group is still alive the items get transferred to his inventory.
Oct 20, 2012 2:34 PM
Oct 2011
RMNDolphy said:

What are you expecting? Him getting back to level 1 and losing all the effort and the power-ups in the 2 years we didn't see? He's just a cool overpowered guy, if he wasn't then how is he going to rescue his princess? There's no need to show how weak he can be, that's the fun part of it .. not.

Either way an ok episode overall, better than the last 14 episodes, the world is beautiful. Only thing that bothered me is Sugu, she's too annoying,

mystik said:
Oh and what are the chances that girl he saved joins the harem?
100%? I can say from the opening.

I still don't like the sister as a love interest even if he's not her actual brother. way too forced.
Isn't it?
Candor123Oct 20, 2012 4:36 PM
Oct 20, 2012 2:37 PM

Jul 2012
i like the new game, them being able to fly is awesome
Oct 20, 2012 2:40 PM

Nov 2009
RMNDolphy said:

you gonna be tp back to your home town or the town far away from the tree world, which is annoying because you have to fly a great distance in order to reach a destination.

It's like check point. Fly to a town, check, if you're dead, you will be reborn into the town. Otherwise, if you're dead while traveling, you will be revived back to the previous check point, so you lose more time. And you can have all the items of players that you killed.

RMNDolphy said:

Fuck this show.

Here it comes the writing, because the creator of ALO decide to use SAO's codes in order to transfer 300people including Asuna into ALO, he has to copy all the source codes and reused them. And ofc their stats/names would be kept the same. It applies for Kirito also. That's why he gains his old stats back in SAO. (that makes him a cheater, he admitted)

If ALO system wasnt based on SAO's code, then Sugou couldn't transfer Asuna into ALO.
Pages (15) « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »

More topics from this board

Poll: » Kirito is the most best realistic character ever created. ( 1 2 )

Zark_42 - Apr 20

85 by LostSpectre »»
Apr 23, 4:42 AM

Poll: » Why does everyone call SAO an isekai ? ( 1 2 3 4 )

xMyst93 - May 1, 2020

164 by OneAutmmLeaf »»
Apr 21, 7:12 PM

» Overall do you enjoy watching SAO? What do you like about it? :) ( 1 2 )

Rinrinka - Apr 15

70 by Zimmu »»
Apr 21, 10:59 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 25 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

bippo - Dec 22, 2012

1445 by abahterunh »»
Apr 20, 9:10 AM

Poll: » Sword Art Online Episode 1 Discussion ( 1 2 3 4 5 ... Last Page )

Nasty001 - Jul 4, 2012

949 by Zark_42 »»
Apr 20, 7:18 AM

Preview MangaManga Store

It’s time to ditch the text file.
Keep track of your anime easily by creating your own list.